Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-09-2016, 03:52 PM   #51
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Corperial
New Worlds Protocol research is a must.

Shocked I am. Truly shocked. All that remains right now is for our Head of State to show up. Probably off doing something stupid like working for a living.

Humboldt -- Our Home

This is the ocean world of Humboldt, the only planet on which we have ever lived. While that will hopefully change soon, it's worth taking a closer look.

Explanations of a few things are in order here. We can hold up to 16 pops here, with a present total of 7. Planets can be smaller or larger, up to 25 max. There are some new resources:

** The green apples signify food. The more surplus food we have, the faster the population will grow.
** The yellow and black borders indicate tiles we can't use until we clear what is in them. Clearing costs both minerals and energy.
** The resources indicated in each tile are what can be gathered there if someone is at work in that area.
** If you look closely, you can see buildings in the background of some tiles. Where there is a building, the resources produced include what the building contributes. It's important to match the building to the tile. If, for example, we built a mine on the 1-food tile in the right column, we'd get the minerals for the mine, but the food would be gone. Building a hydroponic farm there will add the tile's food to the food from the farm, increasing the yield.
** The planetary capital(second column, third row down), currently at 4 food and 4 minerals, adds +1 to the minerals, food, or energy from any of the four adjacent tiles(shown with the small yellowish triangles/arrows). It's important to remember this when placing a colony on new worlds.
** We can only build/clear one thing at a time.

With all that in mind, anyone who chooses to be a planetary governor will set priorities for what resources to develop first in general(food, minerals, energy, research) that will nudge development in one way or another. It is possible to add modules to spaceports which add to our production, but not until we've, you know, invented such things. Right now we can't upgrade or add modules to ours, so it pretty much is what it is.

The main choice I'll be making here is whether to build a farm for one of the two pops working in areas that could benefit from that, or -- given the fact that we have a glut of food at the moment with 12.1 produced and only 6.6 used, clear one of the blocked tiles to produce energy, research, or something else.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 05-09-2016 at 03:54 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:02 PM   #52
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns
Initially we will go with:

Defense Armies: High priority
Assault Armies: Med priority

So it shall be done. I just realized that I'm a liar. We do have a couple of army attachments available. They aren't cheap -- each costs as much as an assault army(50 minerals). The two we have available are:

** Neo-Concrete Fortifications(+10% army health, -10% army upkeep)
** Hunter-Killer Drone Swarms(+15% army damage)

That leaves another choice; we can have large numbers of weaker standard armies, small numbers of armies equipped with these attachments that are stronger, but more expensive, or forge some sort of middle ground.

I'm still learning a few bits about the UI here .
Old 05-09-2016, 05:01 PM   #53
mrkilla22
High School Varsity

If you still need a Physics Scientist, I will join!

Character Name: Frank Justyce
Career Path: Scientist
mrkilla22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:15 PM   #54
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

You've got the job!

Scientist Briefing: Dr. Frank Justyce

Same character as mentioned before(Sagglor), same traits, just renamed and under your control. Here are your choices:

** Orbital Energy Conversion(Industry, 240) -- Unlocks Solar Panel Network, a module for spaceports, which produces 3 Energy.
** Global Energy Management(Industry, 240) -- +500 to Energy Storage Capacity, unlocks Power Hub I, which produces 3 Energy and also gives every planet that has one a +10% bonus to all energy production.
** Gravitic Sensors(Voidcraft, 240) -- +15% Survey Speed. Unlocks Gravitic Sensors, which can be used on stations or ships. For a cost of 10 minerals, they provide a sensor range of 25. Currently we have basic ship-mounted radar that cost 5, with a range of 20.

Dr. Frank Justyce, you are on the clock.

Remaining openings are for one planetary governor and one admiral. Another survey scientist will be needed within the first year as well; after that more governors are expected to be the growth field. Of course a waiting list for other, more preferred spots is fine also. Stuff happens.

Added cost to parentheses with the subfield, seemed to me that'd be easier to read at a glance.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:29 PM   #55
mrkilla22
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post

Scientist Briefing: Dr. Frank Justyce

Same character as mentioned before(Sagglor), same traits, just renamed and under your control. Here are your choices:

** Orbital Energy Conversion(Industry, 240) -- Unlocks Solar Panel Network, a module for spaceports, which produces 3 Energy.
** Global Energy Management(Industry, 240) -- +500 to Energy Storage Capacity, unlocks Power Hub I, which produces 3 Energy and also gives every planet that has one a +10% bonus to all energy production.
** Gravitic Sensors(Voidcraft, 240) -- +15% Survey Speed. Unlocks Gravitic Sensors, which can be used on stations or ships. For a cost of 10 minerals, they provide a sensor range of 25. Currently we have basic ship-mounted radar that cost 5, with a range of 20.

Dr. Frank Justyce, you are on the clock.

Let's start researching Orbital Energy Conversion.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:50 PM   #56
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
So it shall be done. I just realized that I'm a liar. We do have a couple of army attachments available. They aren't cheap -- each costs as much as an assault army(50 minerals). The two we have available are:

** Neo-Concrete Fortifications(+10% army health, -10% army upkeep)
** Hunter-Killer Drone Swarms(+15% army damage)

That leaves another choice; we can have large numbers of weaker standard armies, small numbers of armies equipped with these attachments that are stronger, but more expensive, or forge some sort of middle ground.

I'm still learning a few bits about the UI here .

No worries. Let's just stay put for the time being. I don't want to use minerals when we might actually need them for something.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:15 PM   #57
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'll take that Admiral spot:

Name: SirFozzie
Role: Admiral, He Who Builds The Fleet.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:04 PM   #58
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Excellent! That leaves us short just on spot. I'll add you to the first post when I get time.

Naval Briefing: Admiral SirFozzie

You have two responsibilities: fleet deployment and fleet composition. The first is pretty easy; we have one system. That's pretty much where the fleet's going to be until needed elsewhere. As our territory grows, consideration may need to be given at some point to splitting into multiple sub-fleets.

When it comes to what kind of naval assets to build, things will get a little more involved.

** Spaceports -- Every planet we have colonized can have a spaceport. Each one provides some defensive capability and adds to our naval capacity. Right now we have only one planet, and don't have the technology to upgrade. So this is presently a non-issue.

** Defensive Stations -- Fixed orbital stations, usually to supplement a spaceport or fleet in a system. All kinds of interesting modules can be added to them. Guess what? We don't know how to make any of these either yet.

** Warships. This is the part where we can get the most inventive. Several sizes will eventually be possible. Larger ships generally have larger weapons which are more destructive and longer-ranged. However, a swarm of small ships can overwhelm large ones if we don't have dedicated point defense or similar capabilities available.

Right now we have only the initial size, the corvette. Corvettes come in three different types. Each warship is made of modular sections known as 'cores'. A corvette is basically a single core with essential systems tacked on. There are three corvette cores:

** Striker -- 1 Medium Weapon, 1 Small Weapon, 5 Small Utilities
** Interceptor -- 3 Small Weapons, 5 Small Utilities
** Shifter -- 1 Small Weapon, 2 Medium Utilities, 3 Small Utilities

There is no price difference between the three. Each 'core' has a specified number and type of weapon and utility slots available. Right now we have exactly one weapon system(mass driver) and one utility component(fission reactors to provide power). This basically means that the Shifter Core is useless to us. No reason to build it because once you have enough power for the weapons, there's nothing else to put on it. Of course there's a whole lot of nothing you're being offered right now -- perhaps the RDs could be given some 'forceful encouragement' to develop some actual systems so that you have something to choose from.

With that in mind, here's what we presently have(other than our homeworld spaceport):

** Sschlurga-class Striker corvettes(3) that we have right now.
Cost: 62 minerals
Armament: 1 Medium mass driver(30 range, 72% accuracy, 6-31 damage), 1 Small mass driver(20 range, 76% accuracy, 3-15 damage). Both weapons have the same rate of fire
Synopsis: This is the best anti-big-ship design we can put together.

We could potentially build a couple of other ships with our limited options.

** Scout-type Shifter corvette
Cost: 50 minerals
Armament: Nothing whatsoever. These would basically be first-in ships to explore unknown areas, should it be deemed worth the expense. Given the minimal difference in cost and the fact that it would still chew up naval capacity, this may be a dubious concept.

** Anti-corvette Interceptor corvette. This would need a better name of course.
Cost: 62
Armament: 3 Small mass drivers.
Synopsis: This would not be as good against bigger ships, but could prove superior against smaller ones.

At this juncture, the only decision that really falls to you is where we should invest our resources. Continue building Schlurggas, or diversify with one or more of the other options? Admiral SirFozzie, the choice is yours.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 05-09-2016 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:22 PM   #59
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

After consulting with various military contractors and comparing their bribes, I mean seeing what is best for our planet... I think we need to build some Interceptors. We have 3 Sschlurga's already, so we should be fine but we need anti-small ship interdiction vessels.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:50 PM   #60
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Remaining openings are for one planetary governor

Is that this guy?

Quote:
Governor Riblogg
Governor, Planet Humboldt

Skill: *
Trait: Iron Fist(+15% output from slaves, food and minerals)

Riblogg is not a claimed character at this time.

If so, my God, has there ever been a character rolled better suited for me?

I'd be glad to take that one on ... until it dies horribly in a peasant uprising anyhow.

edit: If so, just name him JIMGA

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-09-2016 at 11:51 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:32 AM   #61
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

That is indeed him. We are now full, applications for the waiting list are now being taken.

Governor Briefing: Governor JIMGA

I posted a screenshot of Humboldt earlier in the thread. So as not to spam-post the thread with pictures I won't repeat it. As I mentioned there, your sphere of influence is to decide how to prioritize development of resources on our homeworld.

Food -- Low/Medium/High
Minerals -- Low/Medium/High
Energy -- Low/Medium/High
Research -- Low/Medium/High

All other things being equal(and of course, they never are), a higher setting will mean more resources going into develop these aspects of Humboldt's economy.

You know the drill. Governor JIMGA, you are on the clock.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:59 AM   #62
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That is indeed him. We are now full, applications for the waiting list are now being taken.

Governor Briefing: Governor JIMGA

I posted a screenshot of Humboldt earlier in the thread. So as not to spam-post the thread with pictures I won't repeat it. As I mentioned there, your sphere of influence is to decide how to prioritize development of resources on our homeworld.

Food -- Low/Medium/High
Minerals -- Low/Medium/High
Energy -- Low/Medium/High
Research -- Low/Medium/High

All other things being equal(and of course, they never are), a higher setting will mean more resources going into develop these aspects of Humboldt's economy.

You know the drill. Governor JIMGA, you are on the clock.

Since earlier you said "given the fact that we have a glut of food at the moment

I'll go with

Food -- Low
Minerals -- High
Energy -- Medium
Research -- Medium
Old 05-10-2016, 10:54 AM   #63
chesapeake
College Starter

High Priestess Roe of the Oncorhynchus Collective hereby decrees that there shall be Free Thought among our people to facilitate the development of technological wonders for the glory of the almighty Boojie. She further declares that it shall be the highest priority of the Collective to explore nearby systems to find suitable resources and planets to spread the domain of the most holy of salmonids. Boojie, in his infinite wisdom, has allocated limited resources to his people, thus we shall lower the priority of the military until such a time as threats worthy of our attention are found.

Praise be to Boojie!

Last edited by chesapeake : 05-10-2016 at 10:57 AM.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:03 AM   #64
chesapeake
College Starter

Not that the High Priestess--she who is most loved by Boojie--needs to justify herself to the petty masses, but the free thought edict seems like a freebie. Roe gets +1 influence and the other cost, higher ethical deviation, is more than offset by our trait bonus. Exploration, including the building and staffing of another science ship, should be the priority. Once we've built a second ship, the priority shifts to expansion, and particularly resource development.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:19 AM   #65
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Sounds great! Except your title is Inquisitor, not High Priestess. Having said that, far be it from me to ... um ... suggest that you can't call yourself whatever you darn well please.

A little later today I'll get us going and update the current list of leaders.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:27 AM   #66
chesapeake
College Starter

Her titles are many and all well-deserved.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:31 AM   #67
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Read that as
Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
Her titties are many and all well-deserved.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:27 PM   #68
Tellistto
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
Read that as

Thank you! I needed that laugh.

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:13 PM   #69
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

The Oncorhynchus Collective: An Illustrated History
Chapter I

In the first year of her reign, 2200 HSR(Humboldt Standard Reckoning), Inquisitor Roe Laren decreed that it was time for the Collective to extend it's reach into space. So it was that the science vessel OCS Laggasch, under the command of Dr. Aslik Deesh, was tasked with exploring first the small nearby moon of Maggrathi, then the rest of the Solaris Troutentis system. Tagging along behind was the construction ship OCS Mildrosch, various blueprints and numerous nano-assembly bots in tow in the event any usable resources might be uncovered.

Inquisitor Laren also made it clear that the advance of scientific knowledge would be a priority for her. Confident in the unity of the architreuthis citizenry, she proclaimed that new centers of learning and debate would be encouraged in order to provide new ideas. Dr. Frank Justyce would oversee development of solar panels for the spaceport around Humboldt, Dr. David Corperial plans for a ship capable of bringing equipment and sufficient colonists to form a permanent settlement on another planet, and Dr. Coffee Warlord put his efforts into developing ion-based thruster capabilities so that our ships could get ... wherever ... a bit faster. two projects were expected to take 3-4 years; Corperial's work on colony ships would be somewhat more time-consuming.

The military was probably the least satisfied. Gen. Eola Eusrim needed more men but understood that the need was hardly urgent at this juncture. Adm. SirFozzie
s request for new interceptor corvettes ultimately fell on deaf ears, given Inquisitor Laren's clear preferance for investing in exploration and the economy ahead of military needs.

On the homeworld, Gov. JIMGA was barely able to stifle his natural desire to enslave wide swaths of the population when it was pointed out to him that the workers were presently so happy, their production was actually above normal anyway. Perhaps the mere threat of it would be enough to 'motivate' them. At least that seemed to be the case right now. Since it would be some months before a scientist could be recruited to captain the desired additional survey ship, JIMGA found himself at the top of the funding totem pole. Enough minerals were stored up to allow for a bit of investment and still retain sufficient quantities to develop whatever resources the survey operations might find, so Humboldt began construction of a second Mining Network I on an undeveloped region of the planet, near the one that was already in place, to supplement the economy. It would be several months before it was ready for operation.

With that, the Collective's will was enacted, each official having been given his or her assignments. Duty demanded that the will of Inquisitor Laren not be questioned.

It took very little time to see results. In just two weeks, Deesh reported that Maggrathi held sufficient mineral reserves to justify a mining station, and the Mildrosch deployed immediately while the survey of the rest of the system proceeded.

2200.1.20 -- The Mildrosch deploys to build the first mining station at Maggrathi.

It would not all go so well. The inner-most planet, the molten world of Uggrim, had nothing useful to offer. Neither did Solaris Troutentis itself.

2200.4.28 -- Maggrathi Mining Station is finished. The survey has continued, but thus far produced no fruitful results.

2200.5.11 -- Significant energy reserves reported in the atmosphere of the gas giant Tuggam. Given that we currently are running a surplus, it was deemed not worth the expense of a mining operation there at this time, but we can tap that anytime we need to.

2200.5.25 -- Deesh reports that Lurgi Pash, the frozen inner moon, of Tuggam, has some strange readings. It seems they don't match earlier observations made from the homeworld. The Mildrosch had nearly caught up, but it would have to wait a bit while this was investigated. The estimated failure risk here was non-existent(0%).

2200.07.21 -- The new mining network is finished on Humboldt. At the moment it was deemed there weren't enough resources to finance further development.

2200.07.28 -- A week later, the investigations on Lurgi Pash were completed. Inspirational to be sure, and it is found to be another good source of energy. The survey efforts continued.

2200.07.30 -- It's been a busy close to July. A new science ship has been commissioned, so that it will be ready when we can afford to recruit a captain to command it in a couple of months.

2200.10.1 -- Aboglor is the latest to join the ranks of the Collective's leadership. He is tasked with the command of the recently-christened OCS Odolss, the second science ship to be commissioned by our Inquisitor. Long-range scans have indicated the second planet of the nearby Maghama system to have the right conditions for us to survive on, and the Odolss is dispatched to conduct a full scan of that system.

2200.11.18 -- Dr. Aslik Deesh has increased his skill to **!

2200.12.17 -- Months earlier than expected, the survey of our home system has been finished! The very last part of it, Riblaaga, is a barren moon of the otherwhise useless-to-us gas giant Uldrugg. It has been deemed a worthy location for another mineral mining station. This dropped our mineral reserves to just 4, 2% of what they were a year ago. It'll pay for itself within a few years though. The Laggasch is now tasked with surveying Dirmius, the other nearby system. It jumps there almost exactly as the year ends.

** A note on timeline: I expect to have 2201 up tomorrow, 2202 the next day, and so forth, unless interrupted by more interesting events.

It was a good first year overall. Smoother than expected progress on all fronts. Will the good times roll on, or do we have unexpected challenges just over the horizon? We now have one opening again, for a survey ship captain.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:25 PM   #70
muns
Pro Starter

Doesn't seem like we can complain with that start. Looking forward to seeing what occurs in year 2
Old 05-10-2016, 01:33 PM   #71
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
Read that as

Guards -- execute him!
Old 05-10-2016, 01:50 PM   #72
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Dr Warlord to Engineering R&D:

This is a friendly reminder to all staff that the pictures (you know the ones) are to be taken down before any state visits to our facilities. Thank you.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 05:03 PM   #73
Tellistto
College Prospect

I will take that new Scientist/Ship Captain, Brian.

Name: Tellis Perj

Tell

Old 05-10-2016, 05:56 PM   #74
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Very well. You figure significantly in the events of the next year ...

Obligatory teaser, naturally.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:45 PM   #75
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

[b]The Oncorhynus Collective: An Illustrated History[/i]
Chapter II

It was soon noticed that we are now using all of our energy; a new supply is needed. We could look at a mining station over one of the sources found in the survey of our home system, but a simpler solution afforded a better yield; clearing out some slums on Humboldt and building a power plant there.

2201.03.14 -- The Odloss reports a rather stunning discovery ...

The resulting interest in the sciences is expected to accelerate Dr. Corperial's work on New Worlds Protocol by a full year.

2201.3.29 -- Riblagga Mining Station is completed. For now, the Mildrosch will simply return home. There are not enough minerals to fund any other stations at the time being.

2201.04.26 -- After several weeks, the discovery of life in the Maghama system has had legs in our society ...

2201.05.19 -- The Laggasch has completed it's survey of Dirmius. Modest amounts of energy, along with items that may interest the society and engineering reseachers were discovered. There is a desert world that, while it is of no use to us, could possibly support some forms of life. Deesh sets forth to the closest system within our borders, Norgon.

2201.05.25 -- Some of the slums have been cleared on Humboldt, but it will be a few months before we have the required mineral supplies to build a new power plant there.

2202.06.08 -- The Laggasch reports upon arrival that Norgon III is an ocean world, another potential destination for our species. So far, the galaxy seems quite a hospitable place ...

2201.07.01 -- New power plant begins construction on Humboldt. It takes us down to no minerals whatsoever -- and less than a four-year supply of gradually diminishing energy(28 total). Not that this is cutting it close or anything. Nobody can accuse the Inquisitor of not making use of everything at her(our) disposal.

2201.07.06 -- More fun in Maghama. On IIIa, our terminology for the inner-most moon of the third planet, Dr. Tellis Perj reports that there is significant surface scarring that "cannot be natural", concluding that from the Odloss's vantage point, the rifts "almost look like writing". While there is a moderate risk involved, Perj decides it is worth it and investigates further, which will hold up the survey even more.

2201.07.29 -- The Collective has come to a decision on how to handle the discovery of life in Maghama about four and a half months prior.

"We now know without a doubt that a thriving biosphere is not something unique to Humboldt. Both the scientific community and the public at large are eager to know more about the various forms of alien life found throughout the galaxy. Efforts to catalog the life forms are already underway, but our xenobiologists have urged us to focus our planetary survey efforts on habitable, life-giving worlds."

The general consensus is that we need to survey eight additional worlds to get enough information. This kind of thing requires the approval of Inquisitor Laren, but given that there were no credible objections or potential drawbacks in this situation, the effort was quickly approved.

** OOC Note: This is a situation log event chain, but in this case doesn't require any direct research. We just need to do what it says -- survey eight habitable planets. 'Habitable' in this case means one of the seven colonizable types, those with active biospheres and not frozen/barren/molten/etc. **

2201.09.09 -- Dr. Perj has succeeded in deciphering the anomaly at Maghama IIIa, and presented his report. His summary follows:

"Someone used a mining laser from orbit approximately five thousand years ago to carve a large body of writing into the surface. The massive script covers a large portion of the moon's upper hemisphere, and appears to be a short story chronicling the difficult life of an alien mercenary."

Is this the ancient galaxy's form of a suicide note? Truly bizarre. There had to be an easier way. There just had to. A couple weeks later, Perj improved to ** skill. The survey captains are moving right along, but the public was not quite as impressed ...

** Note: This was right before I put Dr. Perj into the game, so this is the last time he won't have the right name. Apologies to the historians **

2201.10.23 -- The survey of the Maghama system, which took about a year, is finally completed. Considerable amounts of energy, minerals, and society research is present there, and Maghama II is similar to Humboldt but slightly larger. It does have more -- let's just call them obstacles, as shown here.

Next on the agenda is Leesak. This is an important strategic juncture, the only place in this sector of the galaxy that we can pass to the outermost arm.

2201.11.13 -- Norgon III has been surveyed by the Laggasch and looks to be even bigger than Maghama II, the largest ocean world yet found. Meanwhile the ... another ocean world in Leesak. Occupying a point like that would be laudable. It appeared that Boojie was watching over us indeed; the galaxy seemed to be inviting us with open arms. But soon Inquisitor Roe Laren would face the first crisis of her rule ...
Old 05-11-2016, 12:15 AM   #76
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Grand Palace of the Inquisitor: Classified Situation Room
Planet Humboldt, Solaris Troutentis System

Inquisitor Roe Laren stared at the sensor readouts intently. Under other circumstances the topic of interest might be any number of things. The science ships were doing great work moving towards the edge of the galaxy, having found three excellent prospects for colonization though the last one was still being confirmed. There was also a variety of resources that could be tapped with orbital mining stations; mineral and energy especially in Dirmius, interesting discoveries for the researchers to study particularly in the society field, and so on.

This was not the time for that. Some type of alien being or craft, singular or plural was not known, was inbound and was expected to arrive in the Solar Troutentis system within, probably, days. Little was known about them, other than the power readouts suggested they were at least as powerful as the Nautilus Squadron, probably slightly more so.

Her advisors knew better than to question the decision made nearly two years ago to defund the military. Admiral SirFozzie would have to do the best he could with what he had.

Command Briefing: Homeworld Defense Scenario

** Estimated Enemy Combat Capability: 78
** 1st Nautilus Squadron: 74
** Bolean III Spaceport: 443
** Mining Stations: 41 ea.

Scenario Analysis

Best estimates at this time are that any attack on Humboldt itself would be easily repulsed, even if the spaceport is alone. The mining stations have limited defenses however, just a single basic mass driver, and would almost certainly fall.

Working in our favor is the fact that the expected entry vector into Oncorhynchus space would bring them to Humboldt first; it's on this 'side' of the system. The following matters must be decided:

Inquisitor's Orders

The only real option in terms of adding to our naval assets would be emergency production of one of the new previously-requested interceptor-style corvettes. It would take two months, by which time any engagement would more than likely be over, but if needed to break a siege of some kind it could be useful. The cost would be 56 minerals; we presently have 72, so we could only afford one.

That's the first question: does Inquisitor Roe Laren wish to approve or reject the idea of using our mineral reserve to build an interceptor?

Admiral's Orders

Secondly, the orders for the 1st Nautilus Squadron must be determined for the duration of this crisis. There appear to be three basic options available here.

** Defend Humboldt. Don't risk the 1st Nautilus Squadron in a fleet engagement away from our spaceport, abandoning the Riblagga Mining Station if needed. The other station, at Maggrathi, is well within range of us here.

** Attack! The Nautilus Squadron will fly out to engage the incoming ... whatever they are ... when they violate the sanctity of Solaris Troutenis space. This is the boldest and most risky option, with simulations predicting that we would lose the squadron more likely than not if our sensor readouts, limited as they are, are accurate.

** Protect Riblagga. In this scenario, which is a balance between the two and is considered to give us the best chance for eventual total victory, the 1st Nautilus Squadron would deploy to the mining station to protect it. Their goal would be to engage with the station's assistance in it's general vicinity, which would probably but not certainly be enough to give us the upper hand.

Admiral SirFozzie, how shall the 1st Nautilus Squadron deploy?

You are both on the clock. If you have any ideas different than the proposed options, fire away with those as well.

For the first time in their history, the Architreuthis face the imminent prospect of a possible hostile alien contact. We're about to find out how the Collective's leaders perform under pressure ...

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 05-11-2016 at 12:20 AM.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:18 AM   #77
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I should also add for Dr. Tellis Perj, same options for you in terms of risk tolerance(you've already dodged a bullet before you joined this past year):

Low(10%), Medium(30%), High(50%), or pick a different percentage if you don't like those. These indicate the anomaly risk you're willing to undergo: failure could be hazardous or not, but at the least means whatever could be learned or discovered from the anomaly is lost forever. So it's a pro-con scenario.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:13 AM   #78
chesapeake
College Starter

Inquisitor Roe has the utmost confidence in Admiral SirFozzie's ability to address this incursion, should it prove to be hostile. However, as the resources are available, this is an appropriate time as any to add one new vessel to the navy. But we must not lose our focus on expanding our resource base as quickly as possible.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:05 PM   #79
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
Inquisitor Roe has the utmost confidence in Admiral SirFozzie's ability to address this incursion, should it prove to be hostile. However, as the resources are available, this is an appropriate time as any to add one new vessel to the navy. But we must not lose our focus on expanding our resource base as quickly as possible.

A letter to Inquisitor Roe

Dear your Highness,

Far be it that a humble general question you, but your free thought edict has enabled me to raise a concerning issue. If there isn't a feet to defend us from threats, expanding the resources as quickly as possible wont really matter. I would encourage Inquisitor Roe to have another look at the budget in hopes to land Admiral SirFozzie some more ships for the defense of our wonderful home of Humboldt. Even if this encounter is pushed back easily, we still have no idea what is out there. While my army does excel at fishiness, our weakness is a concern if another race is able to blow by Admiral SirFozzie.

Respectfully,
General Eola Eusrim
Old 05-11-2016, 01:46 PM   #80
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Admiral's Orders

Secondly, the orders for the 1st Nautilus Squadron must be determined for the duration of this crisis. There appear to be three basic options available here.

** Defend Humboldt. Don't risk the 1st Nautilus Squadron in a fleet engagement away from our spaceport, abandoning the Riblagga Mining Station if needed. The other station, at Maggrathi, is well within range of us here.

** Attack! The Nautilus Squadron will fly out to engage the incoming ... whatever they are ... when they violate the sanctity of Solaris Troutenis space. This is the boldest and most risky option, with simulations predicting that we would lose the squadron more likely than not if our sensor readouts, limited as they are, are accurate.

** Protect Riblagga. In this scenario, which is a balance between the two and is considered to give us the best chance for eventual total victory, the 1st Nautilus Squadron would deploy to the mining station to protect it. Their goal would be to engage with the station's assistance in it's general vicinity, which would probably but not certainly be enough to give us the upper hand.

Admiral SirFozzie, how shall the 1st Nautilus Squadron deploy?

You are both on the clock. If you have any ideas different than the proposed options, fire away with those as well.

For the first time in their history, the Architreuthis face the imminent prospect of a possible hostile alien contact. We're about to find out how the Collective's leaders perform under pressure ...

See! SEE! I told you that we needed a more robust defense. Protect Riblagga. Losing it would put us further behind our expansion goals.

And I hope this shows why we need a vigorous defense!

Last edited by SirFozzie : 05-11-2016 at 01:47 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 02:18 PM   #81
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
A letter to Inquisitor Roe

Dear your Highness,

Far be it that a humble general question you, but your free thought edict has enabled me to raise a concerning issue. If there isn't a feet to defend us from threats, expanding the resources as quickly as possible wont really matter. I would encourage Inquisitor Roe to have another look at the budget in hopes to land Admiral SirFozzie some more ships for the defense of our wonderful home of Humboldt. Even if this encounter is pushed back easily, we still have no idea what is out there. While my army does excel at fishiness, our weakness is a concern if another race is able to blow by Admiral SirFozzie.

Respectfully,
General Eola Eusrim

Put on your big fish pants, General! We haven't even come into contact with a sentient species, and already the commander of our army expects defeat. I have significantly more confidence in Admiral SirFozzie than you appear to. He has already shown his strategic ability by deploying to protect Riblagga. I have every confidence that his tactical skills, if needed, will easily win the day.
Old 05-11-2016, 02:24 PM   #82
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Big fish pants, lol! Well played, Inquisitor. In all seriousness, loving all the role-playing.
Old 05-11-2016, 05:55 PM   #83
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

** VIR has been updated to version 1.01, though this shouldn't impact anything. Just a couple crash/performance issue hotfixes, and a thing when using wormholes belonging to allies which is far beyond where we are at this point.**

Pursuant to the decisions of Inquisitor Laren and Admiral SirFozzie, construction began of the first Dorsal-class interceptor corvette.

Meanwhile, the 1st Nautilus Squadron set course for Riblagga and moved out. The next move was up to the ... whatever they are ... when they arrived.

2201.12.18 -- Meanwhile, the surveyors were busy elsewhere. The sweep of Norgon was complete, and Tellis Perj had discovered something fascinating. On Leesak III, nothing more than an inhospitable rock, he reports that there are 'signs of an ancient precursor civilization.' His further investigations of this matter have an estimated failure rate of 22%.

The Laggasch was going to return home, then head out to the vital chokepoint system of Impal Tov closer in to the galactic core from Solaris Troutentis. Putting the ship at risk under present circumstances seemed foolhardy however, so the next closest system was chosen instead: the pulsar Hodranus.

2201.12.22 -- The 'contacts', for lack of a better term, reached Solaris Troutentis, but completely bypassed it. Their vector suggests they are headed for Maghama. With no danger present at the moment, Admiral SirFozzie instructed the Nautilus Squadron to stand down, returning to spaceport to await the completion of their reinforcements. We could monitor developments from Humboldt as long as the contacts remained in our space. And if not ... so much the better.

One thing we did learn from this -- they clearly use a different type of interstellar propulsion than we do. Their route was not one that hyperlanes would allow. We'll have to monitor these developments closely.

2201.12.27 -- Confident that there was no immediate danger, the Laggasch, having not made the jump to Hodranus, redirected back to the intended goal of surveying Impal Tov. The only remaining system a single jump out from Solaris Troutentis, it is one of three vital chokepoint systems in that direction. Aslik Deesh's ship will need to make three jumps to reach it: Norgon to Dirmius, then back to our home system, then further on to their destination. This will take some time.

2201.12.30 -- The final day of the year. The contacts have arrived in Maghama. Intelligence has flagged them as 'Alpha Aliens', an unoriginal nomenclature signalling only that they are first potential alien species we have run into. They believe they have enough information for further, more in-depth studies. Here's a mock-up of what they think the contacts look like. Astonishingly, they appear to be organic life forms, not a mechanical construction devised to carry such. They bear remarkable similarity to some species native to the oceans of Humboldt, even ourselves!

Having discerned no evidence of hostile intent, the Collective has classified the Alpha Aliens as neutral for the time being. We have obscene amounts of sensor data, recordings of all known forms of communication, radiation, and so on emanating from these beings. It needs to be analyzed, which would require the services of the Society Research Dept.

Meanwhile, the public is humming with the news of this discovery. Many observers have noted that this is perhaps "the end of the first chapter in the book of the Onorhychus Collective's bid for a stellar empire." Time will tell if that observation is accurate.

Research Director Briefing
Dr. David Corperial, Society Dept. Research Director

Dr. Corperial, as the relevant RD, your department is the only one with the resources to properly investigate this. If you choose to do so, your current research into New Worlds Protocol, presently a hair shy of halfway finished, will be put on hold for the interim. Your choices:

** Finish the New Worlds Protocol research, which is estimated to take another 17 months. In the interim we will continue observing from a distance if possible, taking whatever military action is deemed necessary by command, and so on. You will be able to revisit this issue at that time.

** Conduct a special project to research the so-called 'Alpha Aliens' remotely, based on data collected so far and anything else our sensors can detect. This will take six months, at the end of which your team would return to it's work on New Worlds Protocol.

Dr. David Corperial, you are now on the clock.

It's been a heck of a two-week ending to our second year.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:39 PM   #84
DavidCorperial
High School Varsity

Continue on with New Worlds Protocol
DavidCorperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:47 PM   #85
Tellistto
College Prospect

Dr. Tellis Perj feels the need to limit risk to a 35% level.

Commence the investigation of the current discovery post haste!

Tell

Old 05-12-2016, 12:50 AM   #86
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

2202.01.21 -- The new power plant is finished. The decline of energy reserves has been halted at 24, and we now have a 40% surplus -- 11.8 being used, with an extra 4.7 beyond that being produced monthly. With mineral reserves also being gradually replenished after the layout for the Dorsal corvette, there were really no options for further economic expansion available for some months. Attention was focused on monitoring the mysterious creatures in Maghama, and the periodic reports from the scientific surveyors.

02.01 -- The Alpha Aliens depart Maghama, heading further in that direction. Within three days they are out of sensor range, but are not out of mind. They caused quite a stir, even if it was eventually much ado about nothing, at least in the immediate context. Admiral SirFozzie returns to Humboldt from his flagship, the Gogglir.

02.16 -- The new corvette is finished, and christened the Paddagur.

02.21 -- The Impal Tov system is reached, and a new species discovered that does not match the readings of the Alpha Aliens is seen! These are classified, with equal originality, as species Beta. Colloquially they are known simply as the Green Crystals, which seems to be exactly what they are. Since they are on the opposite side of the system, and seemingly headed further that way, the Laggasch holds position, waiting to see if they will simply go away. Fleet Intelligence does not think these are as benign, classifying the new contacts as hostile.

2.24 -- The incredible news continues with the following report from Dr. Tellis Perj in Leesak ...

Initial analysis indicates we need to find at least a half-dozen artifacts if we are to piece together the mystery of the Vultaum Star Assembly. More work for the survey scientists, as if they weren't already busy enough ...

Meanwhile, observation of Beta demonstrates that they move by secreting some purplish enzyme 'behind' them ... a very strange method of propulsion.

04.01 -- The Betas have stopped at the opposite side of Impal Tov and are heading back across the system. Not towards us it doesn't appear, but it no longer seemed wise to hang around. The Laggasch heads out for one of the two neighboring systems, Swur. A class-G star, it seems the more likely to have a habitable zone.

04.18 -- There is a world where something could live in Swur. Not us though. It's arid, far too dry for our biology.

05.01 -- The construction ship Mildrosch, having spent over a year basically waiting around for something to do, departs Humboldt for an eventual jump to the Maghama system. It seems clear that the Alphas have moved on with no sign of them for months, and we have enough minerals stored up to build some more stations. There are several good prospects in Maghama, by far the most of any system. If all goes well, by year's end the Collective will have permanent assets outside of our home system for the first time.

09.11 -- It was a quiet few months. There wasn't much to see in Swur, but a couple more potential energy-harvesting sites were found. The Laggasch returned to Impal Tov cautiously, hoping the Betas were done with ... whatever it is they were doing. It is after all just one jump from home ...

09.26 -- A bit of history as the first extra-solar station is now in operation in Magahama, the first of at least two mining operations there. It's now a journey across most of the system through open space to the site for the next one, by which time there should be enough resources to begin building again right away.

09.28 -- Finding the Betas still hanging out, the Laggash jumps again to the pulsar Chergamore.

11.?? -- It surprises nobody that Chergamore has no life-bearing worlds. It'll get surveyed anyway.

12.01 -- an irregular signal reminiscent of our distress beacons has been found at Chergamore III. Aslik Deesh will investigate, risk factor of 17%.

12.22 -- Survey of Leesak is complete. That's everything in that direction without crossing the arm. Time to fill in what we know of the area immediately surrounding the Grasping Claw Nebula. Perj heads to the pulsar Hodranus.

After three years, what do we know? Well, the Architreuthis are not alone in the universe. It's a much fuller galaxy out there than we could have previously anticipated. We have seen two bizarre species of creatures that navigate the stars on their own, but we know nothing further about them.

The Oncorhynchus Collective has expanded to the Maghama system with a mining station, a second one on the way, with energy-harvesting and then research outposts to follow that. New scientific applications are expected in the next year, two of them, although Corperial is falling behind again. To be fair he had much the hardest job of the three, and the goodwill -- aka, stored-up society research from the discovered anomalies -- has run out.

Back on Humboldt growth has allowed the planet to reach 8 population, half of it's max. The numbers continue to increase at a good pace. Further development will be needed, but will not be an urgent matter for years. There are currently no alien contacts within our sensor range, and there is a healthy positive resource trend across the board.

Times are good despite the crisis a year ago. Boojie has been faithful and benevolent as the faithful have always proclaimed.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 05-12-2016 at 12:51 AM.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:20 PM   #87
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

** 1.02. Another day, another hotfix. VIR is keeping busy. No gameplay changes yet to concern ourselves with. Bugs/crashes/loopholes. **

The Onorhynchus Collective: An Illustrated History
Chapter IV

2203.03.02 -- Second mining station finished in Maghama. At the star itself, an energy station will be next after a month's delay to gather the rest of the needed materials.

04.02 -- Orbital Energy Conversion research finished by Dr. Frank Justyce. Orbital Solar Panels can now be built on our spaceport if we so choose.

** Note: I didn't stop the game here for the next choice because another project was set to finish in a few months. The unused research is 'stored' -- stored research can be used at double the monthly rate as mentioned before, so we lose nothing. I figured it'd be best to knock out both decisions at once **

04.10 -- Continuing to rise quickly, Dr. Aslik Deesh has reached *** skill.

07.02 -- A second Dorsal enters production on Humboldt to further bolster the navy. It will be using the new ion thrusters Dr. Coffee Warlord has just finished work on , which will improve in-system travel speeds. All ships will be upgraded as convenient -- this is a fairly incremental improvement, and is not considered critical enough to be worth interrupting other activities.

New research orders are needed at this point. I think I've mentioned this before, but in case I haven't, the research options we do not pick are not guaranteed to return anytime soon. They may, and they may not. Choose wisely .

Research Director Briefing: Dr. Frank Justyce

At this time no Situation Log items demand your attention. The following options are available:

** Quantum Theory(Computing, 240): Unlocks Physics Lab. A specialized version of our basic planetary science labs that produce extra physics data(2, still 1 each for the other two fields).

** Deflectors(Field Manipulation, 240): Improves Planetary Fortification Toughness by 20%, allowing any planets to hold out longer in case of an enemy fleet bombardment. Unlocks the Deflectors component, basic shields for use on our ships. The small version can absorb 25 points of damage; by comparison, our Corvettes have 300 hull points, so adding one to each would increase the amount of damage they can survive by 8.3%. Right now our corvettes could probably handle 2-3 of these each and still have enough power.

** Field Modulation(Industry, 240): Increases our imperial energy storage maximum by 250, a 10% increase on the current limit. Unlocks Power Plant II, which as you might expect is very similar to the current Power Plant I, except that it produces more energy.

Dr. Frank Justyce, you are on the clock. What shall our physics reseachers pursue?

Research Director Briefing: Dr. David Corperial

Work on New Worlds Protocol continues. There are now 11 months remaining, putting completion in the middle of next year. The derelict ship discovered in Chergamore would require your attention to investigate, leaving you with three potential situation log items(along with Alpha and Beta aliens) requesting your time. All can be delayed indefinitely if you choose without any real consequences. The derelict however requires a science ship on site, meaning that if we wait until the survey of Chergamore is finished, they would have to divert somewhat to return at a later time.

Do you wish to study the derelict now, or finish with New Worlds Protocol?

Dr. David Corperial, you are on the clock.

Research Director Briefing: Dr. Coffee Warlord

With Ion Thrusters finished, it's time to look at something new.

** Powered Exoskeletons(Industry, 240): These have multiple applications. They would be implemented as standard equipment both for our ground armies(+5% damage) and in our heavy metals industries(+5% minerals).

** Betharian Refining(Industry, 360): Unlocks Betharian Power Plants, a specialized and significantly better power plant which requires Betharian Stone, the first strategic resource we have any concept of. Researching this will allow us to see the locations, if any, of Betharian Stone in surveyed systems. One is required for each Betharian Power Plant we might wish to operate.

** Improved Spaceport(Voidcraft, 480): Increases the imperial mineral storage limit by 2000, a significant increase over the current 5000 though we certainly are not in any danger of approaching that anytime soon. This also allows upgrading our spaceports, which could eventuallly lead to the construction of larger ships. Also part of the package are the Corvette Assembly Yards, a spaceport module that allows for corvettes to be produced 25% faster and 10% cheaper.

Quite the interesting set of choices there Dr. Coffee Warlord, including some rather lengthy options. You are on the clock.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 05-12-2016 at 12:21 PM.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:33 PM   #88
mrkilla22
High School Varsity

Let's start research on Deflectors. It'll give our military the extra edge they need in case another possible hostile encounter occurs.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:35 PM   #89
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Tough one. But we have spent the evening in communion with Boojie, who has given us direction. And that direction involves the legendary Troutstones, which others have given the false name of Betharian Stone.

We shall research means to refine the mighty Troutstone.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:11 PM   #90
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
04.10 -- Continuing to rise quickly, Dr. Aslik Deesh has reached *** skill.

I have been blessed with the grace of the Almighty Boojie. But along with it a bit of arrogance.

Increase my Risk Tolerance to 33%.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:40 PM   #91
DavidCorperial
High School Varsity

I will study the derelict now.
DavidCorperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:48 PM   #92
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Sounds good. Just realized I forgot to put the derelict blurb in the last update. It was discovered around May, a couple months ago, and the ship is in orbit around Chergamore III. It's not giving away any heat signatures and seems to be drifting. So that's that. Deesh is almost finished with the survey of the system, and will head there directly after finishing as he and the Laggasch are on the opposite side of the system at the moment.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:51 PM   #93
Thomkal
Head Coach

somehow I forgot all about this! (maybe because I was too busy playing Stellaris? ) well done Brian! I look forward to reading about the further adventures of the trout people.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:04 PM   #94
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

By the by. Standing order from Dr. Coffee. If there's special projects that suck up my R&D, the Engineering Department authorizes any and all necessary resources.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:12 PM   #95
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Sounds good. The early stuff tends to be society but you'll get your chance down the road.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:39 AM   #96
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Just a "yep, I'm still paying attention over here" post.

(I know my role has limited need for input, which is totally cool by me ... I'm just confirming my continued attention paying)
Old 05-13-2016, 07:42 AM   #97
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Just a "yep, I'm still paying attention over here" post.

(I know my role has limited need for input, which is totally cool by me ... I'm just confirming my continued attention paying)

+1

It's been a fun read so far

Last edited by muns : 05-13-2016 at 07:43 AM.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:03 PM   #98
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Hopefully it continues to be so. I think that within the lifetime of your character JIMGA, things will probably perk up somewhat. Got sidetracked last night and I need to catch up. It was mostly a quiet year.

09.26 -- Hodranus and Chergamore have both been surveyed. A research station at both pulsars is recommended, one for physics and one for engineering -- we'll get to that eventually. Hopefully. Other than that though, they are dead systems free of resources. Perj moves on to the white star Rimdur.

Meanwhile, the new thrusters have given the navy an estimated 9% increase in combat effectiveness, according to exercises under the watchful eye of SirFozzie.

10.14 -- Rimdur has three life-bearing worlds, the most promising of which is continental. We don't have the ability to colonize such a world, but could

10.28? -- Archaeological findings on Chergamore IV, society and engineering research boosts gained, enough to keep both departments chugging along full-bore for nearly two years.

12.13 -- Examining the derelict at Chergamore III, Dr. Aslik Deesh reports that the crew is alive, but not in good shape and not in any condition to run their ship anymore. Apparently they are afflicted by a brain parasite of some kind. It is apparently well within our capabilities to aid them, should we so choose.

Head of State Briefing: Inquisitor Roe Laren

All matters of alien contact are a matter for for the Inquisitor, though her many advisors are encouraged to put forward their thoughts on this matter. The perspective of Dr. Aslik Deesh, the scientist on the scene, is particularly relevant. Inquisitor, you are now on the clock. Shall we attempt to help these aliens, or will we let the derelict's crew perish?

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 05-13-2016 at 01:04 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:45 PM   #99
chesapeake
College Starter

Boojie the Almighty has always viewed his teaming schools with compassion. I see no reason to not to trust in Boojie's love and share this compassion with these aliens that are clearly in great need. Help them, Dr. Aslik.

(I'd wait for advice to give others a chance to weigh in, but I am not always a reliable forum-reader on the weekends and I don't want to hold everything up.)
Old 05-13-2016, 01:58 PM   #100
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

No problem, that's the response I expected but it seemed like something I shouldn't do automatically. A day later, we got our first-ever official diplomatic message. Apparently these aliens refer to themselves as the Kroll Star Commonwealth.

Inquisitior's Briefing

Second one in as many game days!

Inquisitor, you are on the clock again. Hopefully you haven't left yet . Which of the three options shall we choose? Note that on first contact it will always be these same three choices based on our ethics, so I can either ask each time or you can set a standard response, or have one for each of friendly/unfriendly contacts, however you want to do it.

Additionally, though this one can wait if you want as it's not urgent, what shall our foreign policy approach be in general, now that we need to have one?

Select from one of three options here; Isolationalist, Balanced, or Benevolent

** Under an isolationist approach we will only engage diplomatically when there is a clear benefit to us. In other circumstances our resources will be best put to use on internal matters. Self-sufficiency is a primary goal.

** Under a balanced approach we will seek diplomatic agreements in the interests of sustainable peace. Such agreements will not be entered into if they are one-sided and not in our interest however.

** Under a benevolent approach we will seek every reasonable opportunity to be involved in the greater galactic community. Generosity will demonstrate our greatness to our neighbors, though if the cost of assistance is prohibitive we will still decline -- we will be hospitable, but not philanthropic to the point of harming ourselves severely.

In any case Inquisitor, what shall we say to the Kroll? What message do you have for the Archon's representative? He patiently awaits ...

Edit to add: Apparently I don't have to choose a response for over two years! I'm going to proceed forward in that case, though I won't go beyond the expiration date of course. Just pop in and put in your two cents whenever you feel like it, Inquisitor.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 05-13-2016 at 02:09 PM.