Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-05-2013, 10:35 PM   #51
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Speaking of recruiting, this story about a prep HS whose only students are 11 kids who live in a house owned by a rich guy and who attend a K-8 school that teaches them under a different name...inspired me to track some players in a parallel dynasty story because it'll meld my whole interest in following recruits, with a D3 universe that won't be easy to connect otherwise.

Let's see if it works.

Findlay Prep: A Top High School Basketball Team, With No School

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:44 PM   #52
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

So I'm going to add the following players to the game for this upcoming college season. I'll sim that college season and then we'll start adding recruits specifically from our elite prep high school program (we'll start with one..) and we'll track their careers from high school through the pros.

Actually, I'll add one kid this year from our super school to this pool of elites. We won't have a huge class of stars every year, but it'll just give us players to follow and track. Specifically from our elite super HS but maybe other platyers who are in thir class as well.

Anyway, here's the added group for the Class of 2013.

P.S. If you'd like me to someday feature a player from a high school of yours or a favorite high school, do list the school in here and I'll add the school to my rotation.

CLASS OF 2013
Saywuan Addams (3*) New Jersey
Dominic Dickerson (3*) New York
Tyler Goldsmith (3*) Nevada
Demarious King (5*) Ohio
Lucas Mills (5*) Colorado
Satnam Singh (3*) India
Detrelle Williams (3*) DC
Kendrick Butler (5*) Wyoming (Boynton)

We'll learn more about them once they sign and stuff.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 12-05-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:57 PM   #53
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

We're going to base our ridiculous prep AAU team in Jackson Hole, WY at the Jackson Hole Community School, we'll call it Boynton Prep. At least JHCS is a real high school unlike our friends at Findlay Prep in NV.

Let's see if Boynton can produce any BAA stars.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:15 PM   #54
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'll do a few years of college recruiting, with a target timeline of hitting the pro league in earnest in a few seasons. It's hard now not having many players to follow there, but we'll fix that and then try to make it a proper story.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:19 AM   #55
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

CLASS OF 2013 RECRUIT LANDING SPOTS

Spoiler
Old 12-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #56
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

CLASS OF 2014 RECRUITS
Quote:
Tony Garner (5*) PF, North Carolina
Jabril Marques (5*) PG, Oregon
Gary Patton (5*) PF, New Jersey
Harrison Quinn (5*) C, Wisconsin
Keyvon Sheldon (5*) SG, Wyoming (Boynton Prep)
Yegor Bykov (4*), C, Wyoming (Boynton Prep)
Bryce Smart, (5*) C, Vermont
LeVon Tribbett, (4*) SG, New Jersey
Tanner Marshall (3*) SG, Arkansas
Doug Moore (3*) SF, New Jersey
Kendall Burgess (2*) SF, Nevada

When I create recruits, I almost always just do the potentials and leave their main stats are 0-zeroed out or very low because it's just annoying to do it for each one. Plus it gives the game a chance to decide whether they'll develop or not. I don't want it to be completely predictable.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #57
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Only five additions for CLASS OF 2015

NEW RECRUITS
Joe Curtis (3*) South Carolina PG
Callum Glover (3*) Wyoming (Boynton Prep)
Harold Potter Jr. (5*) Iowa
Chris Bird (5*) Pennsylvania

This gives us three classes, so next year we can start to follow certain guys into the pros.

SCAC WE HARDLY KNEW YE..
The Southern Collegiate Athetlic Conference is disbanding. Colorado College is heading to the more regionally appropriate Intermountain Conference, Centenary is headed to the SAA. The remaining six members went to the American Southwest Conference to turn that league into an 18-team superleague.

ANOTHER SUPERLEAGUE?
Hunter (CUNYAC)
Somersworth State (SUNSET)
Stevens (Empire8)
Southbridge State (MASCAC)
SUNY Harlem (SUNYAC)
Sloatsburg State (SUNSET)

Coupled with the three of the five independents: St. Joseph's, Maine Presque Isle and Pratt Institute will make up a new league.

For Somersworth, it was a desire to be in a league of their own and being paired with their former rival Southbridge State into a league of their own. SUNY Harlem was the dominant program of the SUNYAC since leaving the SUNSET and administration now regretted that long ago move to league the top league for their state university league that just doesn't offer the competitive games they need to go deep into a tournament. Sloatsburg has long been the forgotten big dogs of the SUNSET and want to recapture lost glory.

Since the SUNSET wasn't expanding, this was the best alternative for this collection of schools to start their own upstart super league.

This new league has not yet been named, but plans to begin play starting next season (2015-16)
Old 12-07-2013, 01:43 AM   #58
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

What do you do when you have to start an entire program from scratch? I wondered this. Even when you create a school, you end up with a bunch of walkons and it's not the same as having 13 full scholarships that you need to fill to create an upstart program.

Hetfield College is located in Central New Jersey. They'll play one season as an independent and then they'll join the new Blue Sky League startup (borrowed this name from an Izulde dynasty) that begins next year as the 10th team.

Layton Black is their 34-year old first-time head coach. They start with a 16 prestige. My goal mostly is to see what kind of team you can recruit when you have that many scholarships at your disposal, but a very limited budget ($109,923) to work with.

It's good to be in a talent rich state, but...I still wonder what kind of roster you end up with and how that team will end up performing in a bloodbath of a new league next year. My goal of course, is to see if we can pick up a few gems along the way, but realistically with that much roster turnover, the goal is to ensure we have the key positions we need. I realize it'll create a weird situation with having to redshirt some people to ensure I don't have a huge loss every couple of years but...right now, I'm more interested in the startup aspects of this and what it ends up looking like.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #59
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The thing about recruiting a season for a school that has 13 scholarships is that you have to be tactical. Look, you're clearly not going to get everyone you want. But you'll get someone.

In our case, there was a really talented guard that was interested in us. Well there were two. In the end, we lost out on the one. But I decided intentionally to go hard after both because I thought if we could land one that it'd be a pretty huge boon to our program no matter who else we got around him.

But it's almost February and now I need to start making hard decisions. I'm going to go hard after my top guy for one more round into February and then we'll see we stand. The way I see it, there will be players leftover anyway and we'll then be able to go out and sign whoever is left.

I'm not entirely convinced we have to fill the entire slate of 13 scholarships in one go of it anyway, initially that was my goal, but I've decided instead to maybe go with making sure I fill with 6 scholarship guys year one, redshirt my elite players and then go hard after new guys next year once the team has switched into its new conference.

Here's the target player I'm referring to. He's a game-changer and the only reason I got on him is because he had no offers initlally, we offered him one and that raised us up his list.

Code:
RECRUIT DETAILS #21 PG Kermit Parker -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-1 Weight: 174 High School: Pershing County High School Hometown: Lovelock, NV GPA: 2.63 Test Score: 1170 Rating: *** Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 61 20 33 52 28 44 20 15 16 25 44 13 93 35 48 11 Potential: B D D B C A D F F B B D Season Stats: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PTS OREB REB AST TOS A/T STL BLK PFS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 14.5 1.8 3.3 9.6 3.1 3.13 3.3 0.1 3.4 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 5.9 12.8 .463 1.1 1.9 .595 1.6 5.5 .282 Recruiting Notes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Qualified: Yes Current interest in Hetfield: Very High Rankings: #29 PG, West Region #34 Overall, West Region #8 PG High School Awards: All-State Top 5 Schools: *Hetfield, Rhodes, Western Wyoming, UC-Santa Cruz, Linfield
Old 12-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #60
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

So we managed to sign our first three players for next year. I got the two bigs I wanted and we managed to get our main man Kermit Parker as well.

Code:
RECRUIT DETAILS #52 C Von Seals -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-11 Weight: 217 High School: Jasper County High School Hometown: Ridgeland, SC GPA: 2.72 Test Score: 1260 Rating: * Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 14 22 24 0 23 30 46 42 15 0 11 43 8 64 44 2 Potential: D D D D D C A A C F F A Season Stats: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PTS OREB REB AST TOS A/T STL BLK PFS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 13.6 4.0 12.9 1.5 2.3 0.67 0.5 3.7 2.7 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 6.0 10.7 .559 1.7 3.0 .559 0.0 0.0 .000 Recruiting Notes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Qualified: Yes Committed to Hetfield Rankings: None High School Awards: None Top 5 Schools: *Hetfield RECRUIT DETAILS #45 PF Albert Figueroa -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-11 Weight: 265 High School: Monmouth Regional High School Hometown: Tinton Falls, NJ GPA: 2.42 Test Score: 1050 Rating: *** Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 38 42 24 8 19 0 43 53 15 27 27 11 42 55 46 14 Potential: D C C F F D B A D D D D Season Stats: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PTS OREB REB AST TOS A/T STL BLK PFS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 22.1 3.7 12.4 0.4 2.1 0.17 1.5 1.0 3.5 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 9.7 17.7 .548 2.6 5.4 .481 0.1 0.5 .111 Recruiting Notes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Qualified: Yes Committed to Hetfield Rankings: None High School Awards: All-State Top 5 Schools: *Hetfield, FDU-Florham

Last edited by Young Drachma : 12-07-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #61
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

On the eve of Selection Sunday, decided to test out mirroring a more D3 way of doing conference bids. Auto bids will be given to any league that has a "Lock" or "In" designated in Bubble Watch by the last weekend before Selection Sunday.

This frees up 12 bids for at-large teams, which means I expect the 2014-15 NCAA Tournament to be the most competitive we've ever seen. If the model works -- and we'll do a run through of the tournament -- then we'll do this every year.

Going to experiment with tournament run throughs since it's college and no one cares about the regular season anyway. I'll highlight important players or games worth noting and maybe try to arrange/schedule some big time matchups in the non-conference, but we'll use the tournament as our bread and butter.

Then after a few years, once we have some more draft classes built up and know the players, we'll head to the pro game and see how these guys perform.

Then we'll do them parallel to each other, just not yet. Maybe by 2020 can be the target.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #62
PilotMan
Head Coach

Thoroughly enjoy your dynasties. You really bring color to your stories and provide inspiration for me to get back to writing another one.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #63
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Thoroughly enjoy your dynasties. You really bring color to your stories and provide inspiration for me to get back to writing another one.

Glad to hear that!

It's the 2014-15 NCAA Tournament

Here goes:

2014-15 TOURNAMENT PREVIEW

TOP SEEDS
As per usual, all four top seeds are Sunset Conference teams:
Quote:
WEST: Milford (25-6)
MIDWEST: Sayre (27-5)
SOUTH: Hillman (25-5)
EAST: Somersworth State (31-2)

With the new rule, let's see what conferences didn't get ANYONE in the NCAAs this year, but earned NIT/CIT bids instead depending on the team/league.

Quote:
North Atlantic
North Coast Athletic
Old Dominion Athletic
Penn State Athletic
Presidents Athletic
Commonwealth Coast
Landmark
Liberty League
MAC Commonwealth
Massachusetts State College Athletic
(Southbridge State, who are leaving to head to the new Blue Sky League startup missed the NCAAs despite a 26-5 record because their SOS was 412. They'll be happy their new league is likely to significantly increase their SOS. It's worth noting that Southbridge State made the Final Four last year and the Sweet 16 the year before. So they're quite unhappy.)

In all, that's TEN at-large bids that were freed up to schools in leagues with better SOS/RPI. I'm starting to dig this rule & we're going to keep it.

I'm going to play NCAA Pick 5 and try to beat my own score each post-season and also do a NCAA Starting 10 lineup. This helps me get to know players and teams better, especially outside of the Sunset Conference where I'm pretty familiar with everyone.

Goal is to beat my previous year's scores, but really it's just a function of figuring out the rest of the league a bit better rather than just speeding through the God mode thing every year.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #64
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here's the Pick 5 Roster:

Quote:
You pick five teams from this year's NCAA Tournament field. Points are awarded based on how far each of your teams advance, with bonus points given based on the team's seed. You get one point for winning in the Second (formerly first) round, 2 for the Third Round, 3 for the regional semis, 4 for the regional finals, 5 for the national semifinal, and 6 for the national championship. Then, for each game your team wins, you get points that match the number of seed they are.

For example, say you picked Ohio State (a No. 1 seed), and they advanced to the Final Four. You would get: (1+1) + (2+1) + (3+1) + (4+1) = 14 points for selecting the Buckeyes. Or, if you pick Belmont, and they win 2 games, they would get (13+1) + (13+2) = 29 points.

As you can see, a well placed 10+ seeded team notching an upset or two is just as valuable as a 1 or 2 seed going to the Final 4.

So now that we know the rules, gonna pick my team with a sentence on why I picked each one.

4) UC Merced (26-5) (West Region)
First year in their new conference. Have long been a really good independent team that managed to get into the tournament without an automatic bid, so I'm rooting for them to go deep in the tournament.

3) Stevens (30-2) (East Region)
Probably one of the best non-SUNSET teams in the country, which is why they're leaving for the Blue Sky League after this season. Undefeated in their conference too and if there's a non-SUNSET team that's gonna win a title, it'd be these guys.

7) Western Connecticut (27-5) (South Region)
In the bottom of the bracket in the South. They might get stalled by Florida Poly the 2nd seed in this bracket but...I'm willing to give them a chance.

12) Maryland-Hagerstown (20-11) (South Region)
A underseeded SUNSET team should be able to get to the Sweet 16. No guarantees, but...I'm willing to put a bit of money on them.

3) Whittier (26-4) (west Region)
Probably the best team on the west coast this year. I don't know a lot about them, except they've never been to a Final Four before. They were 5-1 against Top 50 teams this year, are a pretty good defensive program too and I think they've tapped enough California talent to be able to break through in the West.

HERE'S MY STARTING TEN BALLOT. Actually, for simplicity sake and since I'm not playing against anyone we'll make it a "Starting Five" game where I just pick five players.

1. David Trevino, SG, Rutgers-Camden (14 seed)
Led the nation in PPG this year as a junior (31.8 PPG) and I anticipate he'll go pro after this year. They might not last more than a game, but the 14 seed was too much to resist if they manage to pull the upset.

2. John Kirkland, SF, Mass-Dartmouth (6 seed)
He's a senior averaging (25.6 PPG) this year.

3. Bernard Satterfield, SG, Hunter (11 seed)
True freshman averaging 13.3 PPG this season I almost picked them as one of my Top 5 teams but opted against in the end.

4. Conrad Deutsch, SG, Florida Poly (2 seed)
A junior averaging 18.6 PPG and 7.1 RPG, so I think he's a fundamental piece of their offense. If they're going far, he'll be a big part of it.

5. Reid Amey, C, Pearl River (2 seed)
Averaging 11.5 PPG, but thought we needed a big man in the rotation in case the guards get double teamed.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:29 PM   #65
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

UC-Merced (L, 75-84 to Covenant)
Stevens (L, 88-91 to Rutgers Camden)
West Conn (W, 79-74, Christopher Newport)
UMD Hagerstown (L, 84-82 Colby)
Whittier (W, 105-73 Albion)

AFTER FIRST ROUND
So losing three teams in the first round isn't what I had in mind at all. WCSU is a 7 seed, Whitter is a 3 seed, so that's 10 points after one round.

After for my performance in Starting Five, I fared much better only losing UMass-Dartmouth's John Kirkland in Round 1. Thanks to a first round upset by Rutgers-Camden where David Trevino pitched in 37 points, I finished the first round with 822 points.

AFTER SECOND ROUND
Western Connecticut drops to Florida Poly in Round 2, leaving me with only Whitter in Pick 5. My picking skills weren't all that great this year, because I went too upset heavy.

Meanwhile in Starting Five, I knew I'd end up losing the loser of Rutgers-Camden and Hunter, but it was a game between an 11 and a 14 seed, so I wasn't too worried. Camden loses, Trevino pitches in 20 points and gives me a huge boost. Satterfield pitched in 13 for his own effort and still has another game to go. Deutsch had 25 in round 2, while Amey only gave me 7 points.

Still heading into the Sweet 16 with three guys is not bad at all, especially with one of those teams being a low seed.

I finished Round 2 with 1796 points.

SWEET 16
First off, Sayre was the first #1 seed to drop in the last round. This tournament was full of upsets. The West region as a 13 seed, the Midwest has a 10 vs 11 (Hilton Head is that 10th seed) and a 9 vs a 4. The South has 5 and a 6 and the East has a 5, 10 anda 11. So needless to say this year's Final Four might have a very different flavor than we're used to see if this keeps up.

I came into this round with three guys left. Our target numebr is 2,725 points. That's about half the number of points that it took to win Starting Ten this year, so if we're past that number then we've done well. Thanks to our low seeds we're close, but it appears I could've done better with picking this year given how crazy it's been.

Anyway, 11th seed Hunter College knocked off 10th seed Johns Hopkins and will head to the Elite 8. Satterfield scored 13 points again. Whitter, my only team left in Pick 5 (I won't do that game next year in this dynasty...it's anti-climatic with no one to play against..) knocks off Pearl River and ends Reid Amey's season. He contributes 17 more points to the bottom line.

My other 2nd seed, Florida Poly also lost. Conrad Deutsch gave me 16 points, leaving me with Hunter's Satterfield as my only guy left.

After the Sweet 16, I'm at 2423 points, so sitting in pretty good shape to at least get close to our milestone of points.

ELITE 8

Hunter loses to 5th seeded Centenary and Satterfield gives me a whopping 7 points, but it's enough to help me finish this year at 2,731 points.

Not bad for my first year and far better than I've ever done in the real life version of this game.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:37 PM   #66
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Final Four this year is stranger than ever before. SUNSET dominance is clearly coming to an end, only one SUNSET team in the Final Four. Hillman emerged, as did 3rd seeded Whittier, 4th seeded UT-Dallas and 5-seed Centenary.

2010 (Western Connecticut over Stevens) and 1997 (Kean over Emory) are the only times since 1973 that there wasn't at least one SUNSET team in the Championship game.

But this year won't be one of them, as Hillman beat Whittier and will take on Centenary in the final. And by take on, I mean, blow them out 102-73 to rebound after losing the title last year -- in their 5th Final Four appearance in the past six years finally claim their first NCAA title since 2001. It's their 5th national title in school history.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:27 PM   #67
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Excited to start the 2015-16 season, because it's the new start of the most anticipated league since the beginning of the Sunset League, which itself wasn't anticipated highly since it's been around since the 1950s.

The Blue Sky League will emerge immediately as the biggest and baddest contender to the league's national dominance.

Imagine for a second as if a regional league emerged to challenge the dominance of the SEC and was actually able to do it. That's what this move is like.

The pre-season rankings for the Blue Sky League look like this:

Code:
2015 Blue Sky League Standings TEAM CW CL Pct W L Pct RPI Prestige -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- #1 Somersworth State Dalmations 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 2 100 #9 Sloatsburg State Patrolers 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 9 74 #7 Stevens Ducks 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 12 70 #18 Hunter Hawks 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 38 79 #15 Southbridge State Reindeers 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 63 67 SUNY-Harlem Rens 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 126 47 Maine-Presque Isle Owls 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 164 21 Hetfield Yankees 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 239 17 St. Joseph's (Brk) Bears 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 309 20 Pratt Institute Cannoneers 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 398 7

Meanwhile, the Sunset didn't replace the two teams it lost, going with a ten-team lineup instead. Here's the pre-season rankings in the traditional big bully. Seven teams in the Top 25 is nothing to sneeze at.

Code:
2015 Sunset Athletic Conference Standings NORTHERN CW CL Pct W L Pct RPI Prestige -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- #4 Milford Black Bears 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 3 94 #2 Sayre Panthers 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 4 100 #6 Stony Point Conductors 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 5 85 #8 Pearl River Pinsetters 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 7 87 Maryland-Hagerstown Hubs 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 47 66 SOUTHERN CW CL Pct W L Pct RPI Prestige -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- #3 Hillman Falcons 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 1 100 #5 Florida Poly Gharials 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 6 98 #25 Hilton Head Institute Beachpounders 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 39 70 SCF Manatees 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 65 40 Southern Kentucky Meteorites 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 80 61

Now there's talk of more defections from the power league. Florida Poly is exploring the possibility of forming a "national" league with schools as far west as Texas and Illinois, as well as northern schools such as NJAC member Kean, the latter of whom is petitioning hard to get admitted to the Sunset.

There's no word yet on whether this movement will get off the ground or not, but the talk will continue depending on the success of the Blue Sky and whether it's able to affect the dominance of the Sunset League.

The Continental Divide Conference has renamed itself the Pacific West Collegiate Association.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:18 AM   #68
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

CLASS OF 2016 RECRUITS

Matthias Bauer (3*) Belgium
Iwao Horikawa (1*) Japan
Percy Lefevbre (3*) France
Jontarius McFarland (5*) West Virginia
Carter Stevens (2*) California
Jerome Stout (4*) Indiana
Old 12-11-2013, 12:53 AM   #69
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

This season is the first year the recruits I created three years ago are eligible for the draft. We'll see if anyone decides to leave, but...now we'll start to have steady classes coming out.

Going to sim through the season to the tournament and see where the year ends up.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:27 AM   #70
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

DRAFT ELIGIBLE 2016
Kendrick Butler, Hillman*
Lucas Mills, Colorado College*
Both declared early.

DRAFT ELIGIBLE 2017
Tony Garner, Hillman
Yegor Bykov, Sloatsburg State
Tanner Marshall, Hendrix
Jabril Marques, Hillman
Doug Moore, Richard Stockton
LeVon Tribbett, Marywood
Keyvon Sheldon, Pearl River
Bryce Smart, Somersworth State
Harrison Quinn, UW-Stout
Saywuan Addams, Manhattanville (SENIOR)
Detrelle Williams, Marymount (SENIOR)
Dominic Dickerson, Colby-Sawyer (SENIOR)
Tyler Goldsmith, Washington (STL) (SENIOR)

DRAFT ELIGIBLE 2018
Joe Curtis, Hilton Head Institute
Chris Bird, Somersworth State
Callum Glover, Casper State
Harold Potter, Jr., Hillman

\DRAFT ELIGIBLE 2016
Kendrick Butler, Hillman*
Lucas Mills, Colorado College*

DRAFT ELIGIBLE 2017
Tony Garner, Hillman
Yegor Bykov, Sloatsburg State
Tanner Marshall, Hendrix
Jabril Marques, Hillman
Doug Moore, Richard Stockton
LeVon Tribbett, Marywood
Keyvon Sheldon, Pearl River
Bryce Smart, Somersworth State
Harrison Quinn, UW-Stout
Saywuan Addams, Manhattanville (SENIOR)
Detrelle Williams, Marymount (SENIOR)
Dominic Dickerson, Colby-Sawyer (SENIOR)
Tyler Goldsmith, Washington (STL) (SENIOR)

DRAFT ELIGIBLE 2018
Joe Curtis, Hilton Head Institute
Chris Bird, Somersworth State
Callum Glover, Casper State
Harold Potter, Jr., Hillman

DRAFT ELIGIBLE 2019
Jonatarius McFarland, Sayre
Jerome Stout, Hillman
Matthias Bauer, Union
Percy Lefevbre, Mary Washington

Last edited by Young Drachma : 12-11-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #71
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Funny how forgetting to save and getting rolled back a season makes you lose your steam. That's where we are at the momentum.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #72
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

DRAFT ELIGIBLE RECRUITS 2019
Jonatarius Lewis (5*) West Virginia
Jerome Stout (4*) Indiana
Matthias Bauer (3*) Belgium
Percy Lefevbre (3*) France
Carter Stevens (5*) California
Iwao Horikawa (5*) Japan

The good news is, I redid the lower level prospects I made. If they're too bad, they don't signed by anyone when I leave the game to its own devices, so...I have to make them better so someone picks them up, even if the design is they'll not necessarily be elite. I had to redo this group though.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 12-15-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #73
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2015-16 NO BID CONFERENCES
(Conferences rated too low before Selection Sunday)
Rather than use the bubble watch thing, I'm going to start to use Conference RPI as the cutoff mechanism. There are currently 47 conferences. We're going to go with 24 autobids this year only, because the screen wasn't printing, I wanted you all to see it. Next year, we'll probably increase it something like 30. But for this year, just the top 24 conferences will get autobids.

Here they are:
Attached Images
File Type: gif 2015tourney.gif (124.5 KB, 47 views)
Old 12-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #74
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

So clearly doing what I did with ditching so many auto-bids has worked WONDERS for the tournament.

This year's tournament is full of upsets, probably by underrated teams who get low seeds due to crappy leagues.

Just get a load of the insane West Region this year:

The Final Four was 12th seeded Gustavus Adolphus v. 11th seeded Rutgers-Camden, whose ascent might just keep the NJAC together with rumors that some NJAC teams were exploring a merger with the Little East.

Meanwhile, Hillman was the only SUNSET team in the Final Four where they met Blue Sky dominant team Somersworth State, who claimed their fourth title in seven years over Gusatavus Adolphus.
Attached Images
File Type: gif west2016.gif (119.7 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by Young Drachma : 12-11-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #75
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Conference Map of the rebranded Big Nine (formerly Sunset) Conference.

Old 12-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #76
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here's the 2020 Class:
Kaje Chukwukere, Poland (5*)
Augustin Dalca, Romania (5*)
Daquille Warner, Wyoming (5*)
Callum Buring, Australia (4*)
Reece Yates, Illinois (4*)
Dike Ojiofor, Nigeria (3*)
Rahim Garahanow, (5*) Turkmenistan
Patrick Fisher, (3*) Alaska
DeGiovanni Yates (5*) Alaska
Ricky Sharpe (5*) Alaska
Alvin Hendrix (2*) Vermont
Denny Harper (3*) Vermont
Lucas Carlyle (3*) Vermont
Old 12-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #77
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The Sunset split with the original members of the league -- Pearl River, Sayre, Stony Point, Milford and Hillman -- splitting off to form their own league with four other upstart programs. It's no accident that all of those programs -- minus Florida Poly -- are the only ranked members of the league remaining. The southern expansion began to grate on the rest of the league and the founding schools believed it needed to be a more regional league with small schools with similiar academic standards in the vein of an Ivy-type league with more successful athletics.

Florida Poly, SCF, Southern Kentucky, HHI, UMD-Hagerstown kept the Sunset name and invited UT-Dallas, Rust and Centenary to the new Sunset Conference.

The original schools renamed themselves the "Big 9 Conference" but keep the original history of the Sunset Conference, so the offshoot is actually a "new" conference. Four schools from the American Southwest Conference will join and the new Sunset Conference will end up with 12 teams when the new year begins.

So that pretty much ends that.

The new members joining the Big Nine are:

Quote:
Leavitt University - Bethlehem, Connecticut
Vergennes University - Vergennes, Vermont
DuPont University - Wilmington, Delaware
Champlain College - Burlington, Vermont

Last edited by Young Drachma : 12-15-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #78
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

HOW MUCH DOES COACHING MATTER?

I wonder a lot about when hiring assistants whether there's a true difference in how the coaching works between a poorly rated coach and a highly rated one. I'd like to take a few teams at different phases of this dynasty -- say, a low-rated one, medium one and a high one -- or two programs in the same prestige and see how they do over time.

Not exactly sure what to measure. Probably prestige, recruiting rankings and tournament performance to determine whether they're good or not. I think to level the playing field, I'd release everyone from their scholarship the year before, so the new coach is working with 13 full scholarships and every player belongs to him, so we can truly judge him and his staff on what they do.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:31 AM   #79
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Kaje Chukwukere, Poland (5*) (Fitchburg State)
Augustin Dalca, Romania (5*) (Trinity CT)
Daquille Warner, Wyoming (5*) (Southern Kentucky)
Callum Buring, Australia (4*) (Pearl River)
Reece Yates, Illinois (4*) (Southern Kentucky)
Dike Ojiofor, Nigeria (3*) (Penn State York)
Rahim Garahanow, (5*) Turkmenistan (Southern Kentucky)
Patrick Fisher, (3*) Alaska (UMass-Dartmouth)
DeGiovanni Yates (5*) Alaska (Southbridge State)
Ricky Sharpe (5*) Alaska (Somersworth State)
Alvin Hendrix (2*) Vermont (Vergennes)
Denny Harper (3*) Vermont (Johnson State)
Lucas Carlyle (3*) Vermont (Castleton State)
Old 12-16-2013, 02:14 PM   #80
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Only created one recruit for this upcoming year. I did so because I have enough guys to follow into the pros for the next few years now and also, I wanted to see what the game produced without my intervention.

Oliver Queen (5*) New Jersey (MILFORD)

Last edited by Young Drachma : 12-16-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:17 PM   #81
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Even with the conference changes, the 2016 Final Four looked pretty familiar. We had Sayre, Hillman, Stony Point and Somersworth State in the Final Four. Three are Big Nine teams, with Somersworth -- a former member of the Sunset Conference -- representing the Blue Sky League.

Sayre won their second title in four years and fourth title since 2002 over Hillman.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:44 AM   #82
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I want to exile a D1 FBS program to D3 for some reason or another. Going to find one. Mississippi College moved up to D2 in real life, so I need to rename that program as someone else and I'm thinking of candidates, as this story needs a familiar name to inject some...thing into it, to go with all of the unfamiliar.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #83
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

CLASS OF '23
Peter Negrescu, PF Romania
Old 12-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #84
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
We will sing for dear Yates City,
Raise our voices up on high.
We will shout Her praises ever,
Fling her banners to the sky,

Rah, Rah!!

True and loyal ever standing,
We will back Her to the end.
We will sing for dear Yates City,
To Her loyal tribute's end.

Yeah Purple!
Yeah White!
Yeah Yates!
Fight! Fight! Fight!!!!

Yates City High School did the unthinkable in Illinois this past year, en route to an imprompable run to a state title. With no less than four players on the roster aiming for college basketball, a number of the players made a pact to play together at the college level. It was up to a coach who had a vision to bring these small town players together for the same cause to bring their dream to fruition.

Yates City High School did the unthinkable in Illinois this past year, en route to an imprompable run to a state title. With no less than four players on the roster aiming for college basketball, a number of the players made a pact to play together at the college level. It was up to a coach who had a vision to bring these small town players together for the same cause to bring their dream to fruition.

Tiny Yates City claimed the 1A IHSA state title in Illinois three straight years thanks to their band of star athletes who were surely going to go on to big things at the college level.

Except, they wanted to play together. Could they find a school that would offer them all a chance to play at the highest levels? Or would the dream end?

We're going to follow the story of these boys from Yates City as they embark on a path towards a 4th straight state title, a chance at greatness and taking their talents to the next level of the college ranks.
Attached Images
File Type: gif yatescity.gif (6.5 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by Young Drachma : 12-20-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #85
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

From 1963 to 1989, John Murr was one of the game's best head coaches. He led Sayre College to six national championships including three straight from 1963-65 and took Union College to the title game in 1961. He finished with 846 career wins, good for 13th on the all-time list.

His son, Brian, followed in his dad's footsteps as a basketball coach after attending Sayre, graduating and spending about half a dozen years on Wall Street before deciding to quit and head to the coaching ranks.

"It's in my blood, what can I say?"

He's not looking to follow in his father's footsteps, literally. "While I love Sayre with all my heart, I grew up in that town and at that school. I don't want to coach there. I'd love to build my own legacy elsewhere."

That legacy begins at Mount Carroll University, a small private liberal arts college in the Western Illinois community of Mount Carroll. The Flaming Smelts have not had an athletic program, but the Board of Trustees has authorized one upon the donation of an anonymmous and famous alumnus who upon visiting the campus asked "are there any kids here doing anything other than hiding in the nooks and crannies of the library?" And donated the resources to finance an athletic program for both women and men.

So Brian Murr was moving himself to this outpost, believing the position to be well-financed for his level and would giveh him a chance as a new coach to stake out his own claim to a program of his own as the first head coach in the histry of Mt. Carroll University basketball.

The year is 2019-2020. The Flaming Smelts have been invited to join the Midwest Conference (MWC) along with Conference of Illinois & Wisconsin member Augustana College, another Western Illinois school to make the Midwest a 14-team league of liberal arts colleges from Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois.

Code:
2019 Midwest Conference Standings NORTH DIVISION CW CL Pct W L Pct RPI Prestige -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Carleton Knights 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 151 13 Macalester Scots 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 156 29 St. Olaf Oles 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 165 21 Beloit Buccaneers 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 397 21 Lawrence Vikings 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 403 5 Ripon Red Hawks 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 409 13 St. Norbert Green Knights 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 410 12 SOUTH DIVISION CW CL Pct W L Pct RPI Prestige -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Augustana Vikings 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 36 27 Knox Prairie Fire 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 48 17 Lake Forest Foresters 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 49 22 Monmouth (IL) Fighting Scots 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 52 23 Cornell Rams 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 70 19 Grinnell Pioneers 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 72 34 Mount Carroll Flaming Smelts 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 459 100

Last edited by Young Drachma : 12-19-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:11 AM   #86
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

CLASS OF '24
Kirbee Afdahl, PG
Drezen Rosenhaus, SF
Gavin Holmes, SG
Dylan Schlereth, C
Juan Monterroso,, C
Xayvion Mapp-Butler, SF
Evan Travis, PG

CLASS OF '25
Tayveon Hawthorne, SF
Matt Mitchell, PF
Jens Verhoeven, SG
Dion Maes, PF
Frank Curry, SG
Devyon Mercer, C
Tristan Rimsley, SG
Darius Lopez-Cauley, C

While the 2020 Tournament is the only thing standing n the way of Mount Carroll's highly anticipated class of next season which boasts all three Top 100 rated members of the 4-time Class 1A state champion Yates City squad's players -- once in a lifetime talents playing at the lowest level of IL basketball -- are all staying at home at a school that would let them play together and Mount Carroll, a school that's just able to offer scholarships now was able to accommodate them.

With ten scholarships and a desire to fill it with local talent, the team managed to do that and more.

Code:
MOUNT CARROLL FLAMING SMELTS Recruiting Name Pos Ht Wt Pts Reb Ast Stl Blk To -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dylan Schlereth C 6-11 271 59.7 14.9 12.0 3.7 5.9 0.9 Juan Monterroso C 6-8 319 17.9 12.7 2.8 2.4 4.3 1.6 Daniel Lieb PF 6-8 229 19.7 11.9 2.2 0.8 3.6 2.9 Drezden Rosenhaus SF 6-5 171 38.5 4.8 8.6 2.7 0.1 1.3 Xayvion Mapp-Butler SF 6-0 165 38.9 9.2 9.3 4.2 0.0 1.3 Chase Herzog SF 6-6 234 16.4 5.1 2.4 2.3 1.8 2.2 Gavin Holmes SG 6-3 184 14.0 1.9 3.2 2.1 0.0 1.2 Julius Meacham SG 6-2 173 14.3 9.7 2.5 2.4 1.7 1.5 Kirbee Afdahl PG 5-11 151 17.1 3.1 9.8 5.1 0.0 1.7 Tod Lam PG 5-11 151 25.7 6.2 6.6 4.7 1.2 1.5

This year's Mount Carroll squad won 21 games and at press time was projected to be the last team out of the field of 68.

The Midwest Conference is a bit lowly rated, it earned an automatic bid but with automatic bid Macalester earning a 6th seed and #2 team Augustana earning a 10 seed, it appears the only way Mount Carroll would get in is as a 15 or 16 seed. It appears more likely the team will make its post-season debut in the NIT this year.

When the dust settled, I'm correct and we're headed to the NIT as the top seed in the West region of that tournament. It's probably better for this team to have a chance to win a game in a lower tournament than to end up being a 1 and done in the NCAAs anyway.

Here's how the understaffed roster at Mount Carroll stacks up:

Code:
MOUNT CARROLL FLAMING SMELTS Averages Player Pos GP GS Min Pts Orb Reb Ast Stl Blk To Fls +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- John Hoff SG 31 31 32.8 22.4 2.9 5.6 3.3 1.0 0.1 4.2 2.7 3.0 Sheldon Squires PG 34 34 35.6 15.5 1.8 5.4 3.6 1.4 0.4 4.0 2.6 2.2 Albert Heckman PF 30 30 32.1 10.4 3.6 9.5 1.6 0.7 0.3 2.1 3.2 3.3 Grant Roberson SF 34 13 23.0 7.9 1.4 3.1 1.8 0.4 0.3 1.8 2.0 0.9 Douglas Robinson SF 31 24 28.2 7.1 1.8 4.6 1.9 0.7 0.1 1.8 2.2 1.7 Cyrus Soucy C 34 34 35.9 6.1 2.9 8.6 1.4 0.8 2.4 1.7 2.7 4.2 Matthew Hill PF 34 4 10.4 2.8 1.3 2.6 0.5 0.1 0.1 0.6 1.6 -0.4 Tommy Sain PF 27 0 7.2 2.1 0.9 1.4 0.3 0.2 0.2 0.4 1.3 -0.7 Joseph William PG 20 0 4.2 2.0 0.2 0.4 0.4 0.0 0.0 0.3 0.2 2.0 Lowell Acosta PG 15 0 2.3 0.8 0.1 0.3 0.1 0.1 0.1 0.1 0.3 -0.7 Dwight Shearer SF 19 0 2.8 0.3 0.1 0.4 0.1 0.0 0.1 0.1 0.3 -0.6

The Smelts 2nd round NIT matchup is against 9th seed Bluffton who knocked off Haverford in the 1st round. As I anticipated, we lost 72-69 to Bluffton who move to 23-11 on the year. We end the year at 21-14 and prepare happily for next year where the expectations will be through the roof. At least there's a solid core to work with and should help the newcomers adjust.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 12-21-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #87
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

For 2018, I folded the BAA and switched to a 34-team NBA setup mostly because I wanted familiar teams. I might bring the BAA back as an NBA feeder, though.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #88
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

One of the intriguing things about being able to track guys from recruiting them in college which I've been more actively involved in since creating new recruits + schools, is seeing how guys end up panning out in the pros. Much like looking back at Top 100 recruiting classes in the real world, I'm always astounded to see what underrated guys make it big and what guys who were highly tauted who never make it farther than the Euro leagues.

In this league, I've added the Romanian, Russian, German, Australian, Chinese, Argentine, Spanish and soon, a Norwegian League. The D-League is actually the Canadian league now too and I might activate the D-League as a lower-tier US league for prospects who don't want to leave the states.

Anyway, the idea is to see how low certain guys end up and when they do, how much a "star" player makes in insert random country and like...what kind of random dudes are stars of these smaller leagues.

So far, it appears that the highly ranked guys who never amounted to much in college end up bouncing around to the foreign leagues after a cup of coffee -- if anything -- in the NBA. The BAA setup seemed to be more forgiving and I'm not exactly sure why -- maybe the money -- but so many guys who would've panned out now aren't doing so.

I turned on import randomization too, intentionally, as I wanted guys to flop and I didn't want to know who.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:08 PM   #89
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

This is for me, not really for you. Otherwise, I forget which players to track in the pros.
CLASS OF 26
Skender Pavlenco
Ion Silivasi

CLASS OF 27
Emilian Dinescu
Cornel Marandici
Lucas Sharma
Marshon Shuttlesworth

CLASS OF 28
Jay Capozzi
Svanur Hagalinsson
Anbar Mansor
Dario Susec

CLASS OF 29
Tarquarius Malcolm
Evan Peden
Trevor Trinkle
Keel Dunhart-Schmidt

CLASS OF 30
Ola Nysaether
Scott Marshall

CLASS OF 31
Grant Riker III
Larry Coleman Jr.
Corey Chancey
Brett Fleury, Jr.
Kendrick Brooks (II)
Natrick Lovell Jr.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 12-27-2013 at 11:58 PM.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #90
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

CLASS OF 32
Alvin Goddard Jr.
Harry Malone Jr.
Roscoe Scott Holloway
Ricky J. Scheffler
Teddy Enriquez
Moses Carter Abbott
Trent Goodall
Brady Hurley, Jr.
Ketil Aagaard (No NBA parent)
Felipe Costa Pereira (No NBA parent)
Quynh An Kinh ("")

I've gone back to the archives to look at retired NBA/BAA guys and insert their kids as new recruits purposely to see how the kids do in the pros versus their parents. Not all are the progeny of hall of famers either.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #91
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

CLASS OF 33
Lamonte Fryer
Forrest Hayes-Harris
Arild Karlstrom
Old 12-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #92
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

CLASS OF 34
Odbjorn Granberg
Michael Irvine
Tyler Blake
Nicolas Welsh
Jake McClouthgry
Shonn Farmer
A.J. Serrato
Val Carrasco
Ziyardi Gairbekov
Old 12-29-2013, 11:22 PM   #93
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

CLASS OF 35
Harrison Walker
Ali Southwick
Sammy McDonald
Raekwon Feldman
Alfonso Mason
Leroy Riker
Melre Vaccaro
Reed Blair
J.C. Abbott
Rocco Springer
Jamaal Spence
Fortunato Viggiano
Deshawn Owens
Chris Rodarte
Anthony Bailey
Korey Southerland
Ike Henry
Kevin Bancroft
Bud Holt
Ryu Oohara
Marquis Brown
Chris Moskowitz
Alonso Jones
Aki Daijou

Last edited by Young Drachma : 12-29-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:25 PM   #94
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

CLASS OF 36
Sheldon Gray
Logan MacKenzie
Jaquarius Townsend
Chase Hoddler
Old 01-02-2014, 10:57 PM   #95
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

CLASS OF 2013

Here's how the Class of 2013 fared in terms of who made it to the NBA or played professionally overseas.

Quote:
Saywuan Addams (3*) New Jersey
Dominic Dickerson (3*) New York
Tyler Goldsmith (3*) Nevada
Demarious King (5*) Ohio
Lucas Mills (5*) Colorado
Satnam Singh (3*) India
Detrelle Williams (3*) DC
Kendrick Butler (5*) Wyoming (Boynton)

Saywuan Adams, Dominic Dickerson, Lucas Mills, Satnam Singh and Kendrick Butler are all in the NBA. Tyler Goldsmith is an all-star in Germany and Detrelle Williams and Demarious King never went pro.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 01-02-2014 at 10:58 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:52 AM   #96
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

CLASS OF 2013

Grr...I keep trying to put the [code] tag in here and it will often delete everything. It's annoying. I'll revisit these guys once they've ended their careers, so we can take a true look back and see how they've done. Or I'll come up with another format. I dunno yet.
Attached Images
File Type: gif ADDAMS.gif (124.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: gif dickerson.gif (132.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: gif goldsmith.gif (112.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: gif mills.gif (147.0 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Young Drachma : 01-03-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:58 AM   #97
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Meanwhile in college, we've had eight straight years of different champions after a while of dominance from teams from the Big Nine/Blue Sky/Sunset cabal. Things have settled down considerably in the college league, but this past year we had some veteran coaches retire, some younger guys switch teams and so, it's really really interesting times in the bracket now. Also, I turned off auto bids for every conference, so it's resulted in a much more interesting tournament than in the past.

Code:
NCAA Champs Season Team Record Opponent Score -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2033 Caltech Beavers 33-6 Chicago Maroons 87-81 2032 Western Wyoming Mustangs 32-5 Milford Black Bears 64-62 2031 Stony Point Conductors 29-6 Chicago Maroons 91-84 2030 Chicago Maroons 37-2 Stony Point Conductors 74-63 2029 St. Olaf Oles 34-3 Sayre Panthers 81-66 2028 Milford Black Bears 33-4 Stony Point Conductors 87-78 2027 Sayre Panthers 33-2 Hunter Hawks 91-46 2026 Mount Carroll Torchbearers 38-0 Somersworth State Dalmations 95-59 2025 Mount Carroll Torchbearers 36-1 Stony Point Conductors 86-85 2024 Sayre Panthers 32-4 Pearl River Pinsetters 82-38 2023 Mount Carroll Torchbearers 38-0 Hillman Falcons 70-45 2022 Mount Carroll Torchbearers 38-0 Hunter Hawks 92-66 2021 Mount Carroll Torchbearers 38-0 Florida Poly Gharials 97-57 2020 Mount Carroll Torchbearers 38-1 Maryland-Hagerstown Hubs 94-55 2019 Sayre Panthers 28-7 Hillman Falcons 76-72 2018 Sayre Panthers 29-6 Somersworth State Dalmations 97-95 2017 Stony Point Conductors 31-4 Somersworth State Dalmations 79-67 2016 Sayre Panthers 29-6 Hillman Falcons 86-75 2015 Somersworth State Dalmations 37-0 Gustavus Adolphus Gusties 82-49 2014 Hillman Falcons 31-5 Centenary (LA) Gents 102-73 2013 Sayre Panthers 34-3 Hillman Falcons 66-61 2012 Somersworth State Dalmations 35-2 Sayre Panthers 96-83 2011 Somersworth State Dalmations 27-10 Florida Poly Gharials 91-74 2010 Western Connecticut Colonials 35-2 Stevens Ducks 102-89 2009 Somersworth State Dalmations 31-7 Hillman Falcons 90-75 2008 Milford Black Bears 31-7 Florida Poly Gharials 68-59 2007 Hunter Hawks 36-2 Sloatsburg State Patrolers 83-69 2006 Sayre Panthers 35-2 Buena Vista Beavers 76-72 2005 Stony Point Conductors 29-7 Buena Vista Beavers 96-79 2004 Milford Black Bears 36-1 Texas-Dallas Comets 81-72 2003 Milford Black Bears 35-2 Thomas More Saints 91-69 2002 Sayre Panthers 35-3 Kean Cougars 79-58 2001 Hillman Falcons 33-5 Florida Poly Gharials 72-51 2000 Milford Black Bears 29-7 Stony Point Conductors 83-73 1999 Milford Black Bears 35-2 Kean Cougars 73-65 1998 Stony Point Conductors 36-2 Milford Black Bears 89-86 1997 Kean Cougars 34-3 Emory Eagles 83-75 1996 Hillman Falcons 31-5 Milford Black Bears 113-93 1995 Aurora Spartans 36-2 Florida Poly Gharials 79-73 Season Team Record Opponent Score -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1994 Milford Black Bears 34-4 Catholic Cardinals 77-62 1993 Florida Poly Gharials 28-9 Stony Point Conductors 84-63 1992 Florida Poly Gharials 28-10 Hillman Falcons 85-78 1991 Florida Poly Gharials 39-0 Somersworth State Dalmations 76-66 1990 Florida Poly Gharials 31-6 Milford Black Bears 88-70 1989 Stony Point Conductors 36-2 Milford Black Bears 83-75 1988 Milford Black Bears 35-3 Florida Poly Gharials 91-82 1987 Somersworth State Dalmations 34-3 Stony Point Conductors 81-62 1986 Somersworth State Dalmations 31-5 Rhodes Lynx 77-66 1985 Somersworth State Dalmations 31-8 Stony Point Conductors 75-62 1984 UW-Stout Blue Devils 35-2 Hillman Falcons 109-91 1983 Florida Poly Gharials 27-10 Sayre Panthers 80-72 1982 Sayre Panthers 36-2 Hunter Hawks 67-59 1981 Somersworth State Dalmations 24-12 Sloatsburg State Patrolers 102-95 1980 Hillman Falcons 29-7 WPI Engineers 83-73 1979 Milford Black Bears 34-3 WPI Engineers 100-88 1978 Sloatsburg State Patrolers 31-5 Somersworth State Dalmations 74-64 1977 Sayre Panthers 32-5 Somersworth State Dalmations 78-73 1976 Pearl River Pinsetters 28-8 Milford Black Bears 105-97 1975 Sloatsburg State Patrolers 32-4 Florida Poly Gharials 85-78 1974 Milford Black Bears 35-3 Sayre Panthers 116-106 1973 Chicago Maroons 30-5 Lanesborough Skippers 82-73 1972 Southbridge State Reindeers 38-0 Somersworth State Dalmations 102-86 1971 Somersworth State Dalmations 32-6 Milford Black Bears 67-60 1970 Sayre Panthers 33-3 Milford Black Bears 88-75 1969 Sayre Panthers 34-5 Lanesborough Skippers 74-63 1968 Southbridge State Reindeers 33-4 Hillman Falcons 80-62 1967 Sloatsburg State Patrolers 35-2 Hillman Falcons 84-83 1966 Sayre Panthers 34-4 Lanesborough Skippers 86-73 1965 Sayre Panthers 36-1 Milford Black Bears 102-61 1964 Sayre Panthers 36-2 Somersworth State Dalmations 73-62 1963 Hillman Falcons 32-6 Sloatsburg State Patrolers 96-89 1962 Concordia (TX) Tornados 33-3 Sayre Panthers 79-74 1961 Milford Black Bears 33-4 Union Dutchmen 88-83 1960 SUNY-Harlem Rens 37-1 Concordia (TX) Tornados 94-78 1959 Milford Black Bears 33-4 Sloatsburg State Patrolers 90-86 1958 Aurora Spartans 37-1 Elmhurst Bluejays 74-52 1957 Catholic Cardinals 31-6 Farmingdale State Rams 94-86 1956 Aurora Spartans 35-3 Elmhurst Bluejays 66-53 1955 Milford Black Bears 31-5 Elmhurst Bluejays 74-61 Season Team Record Opponent Score -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1954 Aurora Spartans 32-7 Centre Colonels 77-61 1953 Marian Sabres 33-5 Washington & Jefferson Presidents 66-58 1952 Washington College Shoremen 30-7 Regis (MA) Pride 59-54 1951 Aurora Spartans 25-13 Christopher Newport Eagles 88-78
Old 01-03-2014, 12:14 PM   #98
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

ALL-TIME SCORING LEADERS IN COLLEGE
Code:
Player Records # Player Team Date Record -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1 Peter Negrescu Brandeis 2022 3849 2 Albert Lebron Rhodes 1976 3750 3 Noe Campbell Centenary (LA) 1992 3605 4 Frank Ibarra Illinois College 2025 3559 5 Bradly Forsythe Hillman 1996 3537 6 Morris Burks Colby 2026 3506 7 Hugo Walker Hilton Head Institute 2026 3483 8 Ike Ivy ASU Poly 2026 3443 9 Grant Riker Florida Poly 1968 3435 10 Natrick Lovell Jr. Chicago 2031 3426 11 David Trevino Rutgers-Camden 2015 3411 12 Jason Wells Stony Point 1990 3362 13 Lane Evans Pearl River 1994 3342 14 Tony Whisenhunt Sayre 1983 3335 15 Gregory Hardy Kalamazoo 1982 3290 16 Vince McIlwain New England 1985 3282 17 Morgan Burke Westfield State 1974 3209 18 Dewey Almaraz Elmhurst 1966 3184 19 Albert Yu Washington (StL) 1972 3178 20 Edward Brian Hartwick 1972 3175 21 Corey Chancey Somersworth State 2031 3173 22 Dexter Dillow Texas-Dallas 1985 3167 23 Sammie Gallion Texas-Dallas 1994 3148 24 Tom Kenny Thomas More 1975 3143 25 Emmanuel Paige Gustavus Adolphus 1987 3139 26 Ismael Kelly Dallas 1955 3137 27 Irvin Johnson Pearl River 1982 3131 28 Dustin Simms Hunter 1988 3130 29 Morton Marin Houghton 1965 3122 30 Walker Bryson Calvin 2025 3118 31 Ronald Torres Milford 1978 3115 32 Charles Campagna Mass-Dartmouth 1994 3113 33 J.C. Carlile Lycoming 1997 3111 34 Henry Alexander Florida Poly 1993 3091 35 Calvin Casto Maine Maritime 1964 3090 36 Waldo Ramirez Southbridge State 2000 3077 37 Kendrick Brooks Maryland-Hagerstown 2031 3075 38 Douglas Pena Washington & Jefferson 1961 3074 39 John Dees Coast Guard 2027 3061 # Player Team Date Record -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 40 Michael Lundy Union 1973 3060 41 Buck Sanders Minnesota-Morris 1984 3060 42 Charles Chaisson Hope 1978 3058 43 Harold Madrid SUNY-Harlem 1968 3048 44 David Atwater Brockport State 1991 3045 45 Darwin Price Albion 2032 3037 46 Justin Seale Milford 1979 3036 47 Jerald Rucker Mount Union 2020 3033 48 Pedro Pifer Occidental 1956 3031 49 Prince Delossantos La Roche 1962 3025 50 Tim Conner Elms 1992 3023

Bolded are my created guys who are in the Top 50 all-time list for scoring.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:05 PM   #99
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

For the NBA, players can get 7.5% per year raises for signing with their existing team, free agents can only make 4% so there's a huge incentive to sign long-term deals with your home club. I did that on purpose because it makes it easier for me to track guys seeing them on the same clubs through their careers, etc.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:06 PM   #100
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Somehow I forgot to add this class, so adding them now. I took a break for the years last listed to now.

CLASS OF 44
Stephen Arrendondo
John-Paul Montefiore
Nasean Wright
Gregory Wicker
Anfernee Lewis
Kasmir Walsh
Milo West

Last edited by Young Drachma : 01-08-2014 at 10:03 PM.