Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-19-2015, 06:25 PM   #251
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Before I finish up the spreadsheets, we've got some offseason business to take care of. So let's get it going.

2015-2016 National Awards

Boston College head coach Alex Donovan was named National Coach of the Year, congrats to him! Also, the Eagles put SO Isidoro Bugnata on the All-NCAA 3rd Team.

Iowa JR Ronald Chiang made the all-NCAA 3rd Team.

2015-2016 Conference Awards

No awards for Hartford.

Maine put SR Kenneth Saylor on the America East 1st Team, SO Brian Wilke on the America East 2nd Team, and Charley Nadler and Jonathan Crooks on the America East All-Freshman Team.

Charlotte had the Atlantic 10 Freshman of the Year in Anibal Leyva. He also made the Atlantic 10 All-Freshman Team along with Joseph Standifer.

Boston College head coach Alex Donovan was named ACC Coach of the Year. James Greer was named ACC Freshman of the Year and also made the ACC All-Frosh Team, along with Stephen Seavey. Greer also made the ACC First Team, and SR Nicholas Bow made the ACC 2nd Team.

Colorado put SR Jack Harrell on the Big 12 1st Team.

Louisville put SR Daniel Rosas on the Big East 2nd Team, as well as putting Larry Foster on the Big East All-Freshman Team.

High Point put SO Dustin Zahn and SR Newton Huff on the Big South 1st Team. Also, SR Daniel Cahill made the Big South 2nd Team, and Stephan Gabriel made the Big South All-Freshman Team.

Iowa head coach Ernesto Lopez was named Big 10 Coach of the Year. JR SG Ronald Chiang was named Big 10 Player of the Year as well as making the Big 10 1st Team. Also making the Big 10 1st Team was FR Achille Debouvines. Debouvines also was named Big 10 Freshman of the Year and made the Big 10 All-Freshman Team.

No awards for Penn State.

Cal Poly put SR Charles Fears and JR Cristopher Roy on the Big West 2nd Team, while Geraldo Cabrera made the Big West All-Freshman Team.

UTEP head coach Jeeber Mack was named Conference USA Coach of the Year, and JR Michale Chism made the C-USA 2nd Team.

Wright State put SR Herb Brown on the Horizon 1st Team, JR Stefan Gehrke on the Horizon 2nd Team, and Terry Erickson on the Horizon All-Freshman Team.

Central Michigan put SR Jayson Davis on the MAC 2nd Team.

No awards for Evansville.

Bryant put SR Lee Elmer on the Northeast 2nd Team and Benito Jones on the Northeast All-Freshman Team.

Monmouth put SR Richard Thielen on the Northeast 2nd Team.

UCLA SO Toby Miller on the Pac 10 2nd Team.

Davidson put JR Richard Goddard and SR Harlan Wright on the Southern 2nd Team.

Hawaii put JR Robin Jack on the WAC 1st Team and Gabriel Jarmon on the WAC All-Freshman Team.

Oregon State put SR Gerard Smith on the WAC 2nd Team and George Guimond on the WAC All-Freshman Team.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 06:36 PM   #252
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2015-2016 Recruiting Class Rankings

Hartford had the 204th best class in the nation, good for 4th in the America East.

Maine had the 294th best class in the nation, good for 6th in the America East.

Charlotte had the 194th best class in the nation, good for 11th in the Atlantic 10.

Boston College had the 33rd best class in the nation, good for 7th in the ACC.

Colorado had the 100th best class in the nation, good for 8th in the Big 12.

Louisville had the 16th best class in the nation, but only good for 4th in the Big East.

High Point had the 162nd best class in the nation, good for 4th in the Big South.

Iowa had the 276th best class in the nation, good for 10th in the Big 10.

Penn State had the 304th best class in the nation, last in the Big 10.

Cal Poly had the 252nd best class in the nation, good for 7th in the Big West.

UTEP had the 123rd best class in the nation, good for 7th in Conference USA.

Wright State had the 69th best class in the nation, 2nd in the Horizon. I think it's really wrong though, because the Raiders had the only 4 star recruit in the conference.

Central Michigan had the 298th best class in the nation, last in the MAC.

Evansville had the 284th best class in the nation, good for 9th in the MVC.

Monmouth had the 84th best class in the nation, tops in the Northeast.

Bryant had the 319th best class in the nation, last in the Northeast.

UCLA had the 3rd best class in the nation, tops in the Pac 10.

Davidson had the 126th best class in the nation, good for 3rd in the Southern.

Oregon State had the 96th best class in the nation, good for 5th in the WAC.

Hawaii had the 214th best class in the nation, good for 8th in the WAC.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:47 PM   #253
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

No conference movement this season, but we do have 1 coach who has had their skill improve. Alex Donovan of Boston College is now at level 8. Sirfozzie let me know how you want his 20 extra points distributed.

Also, sirfozzie, your coach Alex Donovan has received several job offers: Georgetown, Marquette, Michigan State, Minnesota, Notre Dame, Providence, and Virginia Tech. I would rule out VA Tech right away, as it is just staying in the same conference but with a way worse team. You could go bug Kuji Chagulia in the Big East, although I wouldn't go to Providence. Notre Dame has a prestige of 85 and is clearly the best of those Big East offers. Or there's always Michigan St. If you want info on any of the schools, let me know, or if your mind is made up to stay at Boston College, let me know.

Also, Patrick Hutt had the exact same offers as Alex Donovan. Zinto, let me know what you're thinking.

Ernesto Lopez also got offers from Marquette, Minnesota, Notre Dame, and Virginia Tech. What are you thinking JAG?

Jeeber Mack got some different offers at least. Fresno State, George Washington, and San Diego State. It's up to you if you want to consider any of those JeeberD, but you're better off at UTEP in my opinion.

That's it for the offers, I'll send out PMs to those people that got offers.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:36 PM   #254
cmp
Pro Rookie

Ouch. Central isn't looking good with that recruiting class.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:39 PM   #255
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegesportsfanms View Post
Ernesto Lopez also got offers from Marquette, Minnesota, Notre Dame, and Virginia Tech. What are you thinking JAG?

Please accept the Notre Dame job.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:53 PM   #256
Zinto
College Starter

Patrick will stick around at UCLA
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 10:00 AM   #257
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

So Ernesto is going to Notre Dame, and Patrick is staying at UCLA. I'm still waiting to hear from:

sirfozzie
JeeberD

I'll send them a PM and if I haven't heard from them by the end of the weekend, I'll keep them where they are at.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:26 PM   #258
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Alright guys, the moment you've all been waiting for, attached are all 4 spreadsheets of coach info through the first 5 seasons.

The first spreadsheet is record and 20+ win seasons, plus regular season and conf tourney titles. The other part of it is the in-season 8 team tourneys, and how your teams finished.

Second spreadsheet is for the 4 team and 16 team tourneys, again, this is just a way to know how every team finished in every tournament they played in.

Third spreadsheet is season awards. I have it broken down by freshman of year, coach of year and player of year for national and conference level, and then 1st team, 2nd team, and All-Freshman Team for national and conference level, as well as national 3rd team. If any of your teams had a player who got an award or made an all whatever team, it'll be noted.

And finally, the fourth spreadsheet is postseason tournaments. Now, I did fudge on this one a little bit, as there was no way enough space for me to break down every possible finish for every tournament, so for the smaller tourneys (CBI, CIT) I'm only tracking appearances and championships. I may add runner-ups to those at some point. For the NIT, I'm tracking appearances, Final Fours, and Championships. Again, I may add Runner-up. There was no way I was going to do lose in First Round, etc etc for the postseason tourneys. And for the NCAA, I'm tracking appearances, Sweet Sixteens, Final Fours, and Championships.

A couple notes, any column that has a blank is basically a zero. I didn't want to fill the spreadsheet up with a ton of zeroes, so if you don't have a number in a column, consider it a zero. Also, with the postseason tournaments, Kuji Chagulia will see a 1 in the NCAA S16, E8, F4, and Championship columns. They are all separate accomplishments, and even though they happened all the same year, he still gets credit for all of them since they are really different accomplishments. I hope that makes sense. Any questions, feel free to ask. As soon as I hear back from the other 2 coaches (or sometime this weekend, whichever) I'll move forward with the next season.
Attached Images
File Type: png FBCB Coach stats 1.png (42.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: png FBCB Coach stats 2.png (36.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png FBCB Coach stats 3.png (97.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png FBCB Coach stats 4.png (17.4 KB, 6 views)
Old 08-23-2015, 04:53 PM   #259
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Something I've decided to do in-between seasons, along with the spreadsheets, is give an update on the 3 biggest overachieving teams and coaches and the 3 biggest underachieving teams and coaches every season. By this I mean, which 3 teams had the biggest increase in record from the last 2 seasons, and which 3 teams had the biggest decrease in record. Obviously this will be a challenge when we have new coaches (which we have 2 of this season) and when coaches change jobs (we'll have at least 1 this offseason). Not sure how I'll work that, but I'll worry about that later. For now, let's give a quick rundown of the results for this offseason.

Top 3 Overachievers

#1- Jawouk Bafou (Oregon State) -- Took the Beavers from an 11-20 record 2 seasons ago to a 24-10 record and an NCAA Tournament berth last season.
#2- Alex Donovan (Boston College) -- The Eagles were 22-12 a couple seasons ago, not shabby at all, but last season they were 32-4 and made it to the Sweet Sixteen.
#3- DeShawn St. John (Cal Poly) -- 2 seasons ago, the Mustangs were a dismal 8-23. Last season, they finished 15-15 and definitely look to be on the way up. Unfortunately, this might mean that the goals for Coach St. John could get a little tougher.

Top 3 Underachievers

#1- Randolph Childress (Davidson) -- Easily the most disappointing finish, as Randolph passed up several tempted job opportunities to continue the success he's had at Davidson. 2 seasons ago, they were 24-9. Last season, they limped to a 14-18 finish and didn't even sniff the postseason. There will be a ton of pressure on Randolph to get the Wildcats back to where they were 2 seasons ago.
#2- Kuji Chagulia (Louisville) -- The Cardinals are a couple seasons removed from a national championship, but my how the pieces have fallen. 2 seasons ago they were 25-9, last season they were 15-14 and missed the postseason. Another season like that, and coach Kuji may be looking for a new job.
#3- Rob Nielsen (Colorado) -- The Buffaloes seemed to have been making major strides to being a Big 12 competitor, as 2 seasons ago they were 21-13. Last season they were just 13-17, and took several steps back in the Big 12. Fortunately, Coach Nielsen has a pretty cool seat, but he's got to at least get Colorado back in the top half of the Big 12 and in contention for postseason year after year.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:19 AM   #260
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Still waiting to hear from sirfozzie and JeeberD, I've sent them both PMs. If I haven't heard from them by tomorrow night, I will leave them where they are at and I'll divide Alex Donovan's 20 bonus points up equally.

sirfozzie and JeeberD, get back with me by tomorrow. Thanks.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:43 PM   #261
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

As I have not heard from sirfozzie or JeeberD yet, I'll be keeping them where they are at, and I'll be spreading Alex Donovans bonus points evenly. Moving on to the 2nd round of head coach movement:

Alex Donovan got offers from Iowa, Michigan, and Oregon. As sirfozzie didn't respond the first time, I'm hesistant to wait for a response the second time around, but to be fair I will shoot him another PM and hopefully this time he'll give me a decision.

Patrick Hutt also got offers from Iowa, Michigan, and Oregon. I see no reason for him to move, but if he wants to, the choice is his.

Jeeber Mack got offers from Dayton, Iowa, Michigan, Oregon, Providence, and St. Josephs. I'll send JeeberD a PM and see if I get a response.

So, we're at a stall again. 3 coaches have offers, and I'll give it until either tomorrow night or Friday night before I move forward.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:43 PM   #262
Zinto
College Starter

Patrick won't take any of those jobs.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:05 AM   #263
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Love the spreadsheets! Thank you very much. I forgot how high Kuji Chagulia was riding at Louisville, seeing that the Cardinals are not doing much lately.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:20 PM   #264
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgunn View Post
Love the spreadsheets! Thank you very much. I forgot how high Kuji Chagulia was riding at Louisville, seeing that the Cardinals are not doing much lately.

Thanks for reading and being a devoted follower. I figured the spreadsheets were a great way to let everybody know where they stood. It's extra work for me, but so what. I enjoy doing it. As always, the frustrating part of an interactive dynasty is when you are waiting for people to give you their decisions. lol. Most everybody does a great job of letting me know though. Glad you're enjoying
Old 08-28-2015, 12:21 PM   #265
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

I might hold off on starting the next season until Monday, as it is my birthday weekend coming up and it'll be quite busy. Plus, I'm still waiting on decisions from sirfozzie and JeeberD
Old 08-30-2015, 11:31 AM   #266
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Stay at BC for the year.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:22 PM   #267
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Stay at BC for the year.

How would you like your coach Alex Donovan to spread his 20 bonus points around?
Old 08-31-2015, 12:23 PM   #268
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

If all goes well, I'll be getting into the next season tomorrow. I need to finish up the current season of the FBCB Player Dynasty today, and then look into buying FBPB for any of the players that might go pro. That's my focus tonight. Tomorrow, unless a new coach has job offers, I'll get into the next season with coach hotseat ratings and preseason tournaments. Stay tuned!
Old 09-01-2015, 08:23 AM   #269
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

So we had 1 of our FOFC coaches change jobs, as Ernesto Lopez has gone from Iowa to Notre Dame. We also have 2 new coaches, bringing the total to 22.

Payten Carrano is our first female coach, and she will be starting her career at Norfolk State.

Brett Hawkins will be taking over at Troy.

2016-2017 FOFC Coach Hotseat Ratings

David Ginsberg (Hartford) -- The seat is average again for David, but the goal remains the same, a .500 or better finish in the America East.

Cillian O'Reilly (Maine) -- The seat is still average for Cillian, and the goal is still to play in the NCAA Tournament.

Timmy Tribble (Charlotte) -- The seat is average for Timmy, and the board wants the 49ers to compete for the A-10 title.

Alex Donovan (Boston College) -- Obviously the seat is nice and cool for Alex, and the goal isn't unreasonable, all the board wants is an ACC championship.

Rob Nielsen (Colorado) -- The seat is average for Rob, and the board wants the Buffaloes in a postseason tournament.

Kuji Chagulia (Louisville) -- Even after a disastrous last season, Kuji is still on a cool seat, but the goal remains a Sweet Sixteen appearance.

Ernesto Lopez (Notre Dame) -- New job for Ernesto, and he starts on an average seat. Board wants the Irish to reach the Sweet Sixteen.

Roy Rogers (High Point) -- Cool seat for Roy, goal is to win the Big South title.

Tim Sheppard (Penn State) -- Average seat for Tim, goal is to play in a postseason tournament.

DeShawn St. John (Cal Poly) -- The success of last season has gotten DeShawn some grace, as his seat is back down to average, and the board still wants nothing more than a .500 or better record in Big West play.

Jeeber Mack (UTEP) -- Cool seat for Jeeber, goal is to compete for the C-USA title.

Shane Korme (Wright State) -- Average seat for Shane, goal is still to play in the NCAA Tournament.

Cannon Pace (Central Michigan) -- Average seat for Cannon, goal is to finish .500 or better in the MAC.

Payten Carrano (Norfolk State) -- Payten is coming in with a lofty goal, but an average seat. With Norfolks success last season the board wants Payten to lead them to the NCAA Tournament.

Ekeje Bafou (Evansville) -- Average seat for Ekeje, goal remains avoid last place in the MVC.

Score Galore (Bryant) -- Average seat for Score, goal is to avoid last place in the Northeast.

Thomas Carrano (Monmouth) -- Average seat for Thomas, goal is for Monmouth to play in the NCAA Tournament.

Patrick Hutt (UCLA) -- Cool seat for Patrick, and I'm still convinced cool is as low as it goes. The goal is lofty though, a Final Four appearance.

Randolph Childress (Davidson) -- Average seat now for Randolph, goal is to win the Southern championship.

Brett Hawkins (Troy) -- Average seat to start for Brett, goal is to win the Sun Belt.

B.B. Gunn (Hawaii) -- The pressure is on for B.B. who is on a warm seat now, yet the board continues to push for an NCAA Tournament appearance.

Jawouk Bafou (Oregon State) -- Not much is expected out of Jawouk this season, as he's on an average seat, but the goal is just to finish .500 or better in the WAC.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:00 AM   #270
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2016 Season Tournaments

Colorado will be the 4th seed in the 2016 Alaska Invitational and will open up against 5th seed Hofstra.

Louisville will be the 3rd seed in the 16 team 2016 Coaches Invitational and will open up against 14th seed Louisiana Tech.

UCLA will be the top seed in the 4 team 2016 College Classic and will open up against 4th seed Weber State.

Oregon State will be the 8th seed in the 16 team 2016 GDS Classic and will open up against 9th seed South Florida.

Monmouth will be the 16th seed in the 16 team 2016 GDS Classic and will open up against top seed Xavier.

Penn State will be the 2nd seed in the 2016 Island Invitational and will open up against 7th seed St. Bonaventure.

Wright State will be the 3rd seed in the 2016 Island Invitational and will open up against 6th seed Cal St. Northridge.

Notre Dame will be the top seed in the 2016 Las Vegas Challenge and will open up against 8th seed San Jose State.

Charlotte will be the 6th seed in the 2016 Maui Shootout and will open up against 3rd seed Nevada.

Boston College will be the 2nd seed in the 2016 Paradise Shootout and will open up against 7th seed South Carolina.

Norfolk State will be the 16th seed in the 2016 Preseason NIT and will open up against top seed Tennessee.

Davidson will be the 3rd seed in the 2016 Rainbow Invitational and will open up against 6th seed Loyola Marymount.

Evansville will be the 7th seed in the 2016 Rainbow Invitational and will open up against 2nd seed St. Johns.

UTEP will be the 4th seed in the 2016 San Juan Classic and will open up against 5th seed Baylor.

Hawaii will be the 5th seed in the 2016 Top of the Globe Invitational and will open up against 4th seed Penn.

Troy will be the 2nd seed in the 4 team 2016 Vision Classic and will up against 3rd seed James Madison.

Not bad at all, 16 of our 22 FOFC coached teams get a season tournament.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:09 AM   #271
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Old 09-02-2015, 08:09 AM   #272
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Code:
2016 Preseason Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Villanova (62) 0-0 1790 5 Big East Conference 2. Michigan State (10) 0-0 1736 21 Big Ten Conference 3. Ohio State 0-0 1614 NR Big Ten Conference 4. Mississippi 0-0 1532 NR Southeastern Conference 5. Kansas 0-0 1491 9 Big 12 Conference 6. Duke 0-0 1489 18 Atlantic Coast Conference 7. Oklahoma State 0-0 1362 14 Big 12 Conference 8. Mississippi State 0-0 1245 NR Southeastern Conference 9. Texas 0-0 1224 4 Big 12 Conference 10. Kentucky 0-0 1125 10 Southeastern Conference 11. Florida 0-0 993 3 Southeastern Conference 12. Maryland 0-0 951 NR Atlantic Coast Conference 13. North Carolina 0-0 837 1 Atlantic Coast Conference 14. Wake Forest 0-0 776 NR Atlantic Coast Conference 15. Georgetown 0-0 679 NR Big East Conference 16. Connecticut 0-0 618 NR Big East Conference 17. Syracuse 0-0 618 NR Big East Conference 18. Southern California 0-0 613 NR Pacific-10 Conference 19. Pittsburgh 0-0 497 12 Big East Conference 20. Tennessee 0-0 413 7 Southeastern Conference 21. Arizona 0-0 392 8 Pacific-10 Conference 22. Wisconsin 0-0 387 NR Big Ten Conference 23. Missouri 0-0 344 NR Big 12 Conference 24. Creighton 0-0 130 NR Missouri Valley Conference 25. Miami 0-0 105 20 Atlantic Coast Conference Others Receiving Votes: UCLA 0-0 66 Pacific-10 Conference Texas A&M 0-0 44 Big 12 Conference Central Florida 0-0 33 Conference USA Stanford 0-0 26 Pacific-10 Conference Butler 0-0 24 Horizon League Georgia Tech 0-0 23 Atlantic Coast Conference Nevada 0-0 20 Western Athletic Conference Oklahoma 0-0 18 Big 12 Conference Notre Dame 0-0 17 Big East Conference California 0-0 14 Pacific-10 Conference Purdue 0-0 14 Big Ten Conference Indiana 0-0 13 Big Ten Conference Iowa State 0-0 13 Big 12 Conference Valparaiso 0-0 12 Horizon League Indiana State 0-0 11 Missouri Valley Conference IUPUI 0-0 10 Summit League Evansville 0-0 9 Missouri Valley Conference Loyola-Maryland 0-0 8 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Ball State 0-0 7 Mid-American Conference George Washington 0-0 7 Atlantic 10 Conference IPFW 0-0 6 Summit League Towson 0-0 6 Colonial Athletic Association West Virginia 0-0 5 Big East Conference St. John's 0-0 4 Big East Conference Vermont 0-0 4 America East Conference American 0-0 3 Patriot League Marquette 0-0 3 Big East Conference UMBC 0-0 3 America East Conference Xavier 0-0 3 Atlantic 10 Conference Alabama 0-0 2 Southeastern Conference Boston College 0-0 2 Atlantic Coast Conference Memphis 0-0 2 Conference USA Siena 0-0 2 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference South Carolina 0-0 2 Southeastern Conference Coppin State 0-0 1 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Illinois 0-0 1 Big Ten Conference Michigan 0-0 1 Big Ten Conference

2 surprises, as none of our teams are in the top 25, and Evansville is receiving more votes in the coaches poll than Boston College. Must mean more is expected out of Evansville than BC this season.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:10 AM   #273
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Code:
2016 Preseason Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Creighton (42) 0-0 1560 24 Missouri Valley Conference 2. Nevada (12) 0-0 1343 1 Western Athletic Conference 3. Central Florida (8) 0-0 1230 22 Conference USA 4. Memphis 0-0 987 NR Conference USA 5. Butler (1) 0-0 960 NR Horizon League 6. Xavier 0-0 846 17 Atlantic 10 Conference 7. Dayton 0-0 659 8 Atlantic 10 Conference 8. Brigham Young 0-0 636 3 Mountain West Conference 9. Temple (2) 0-0 631 11 Atlantic 10 Conference 10. Southern Illinois 0-0 579 2 Missouri Valley Conference 11. Utah 0-0 544 4 Mountain West Conference 12. Gonzaga 0-0 480 NR Western Athletic Conference 13. UAB (1) 0-0 456 13 Conference USA 14. Tulsa 0-0 429 NR Conference USA 15. Saint Joseph's 0-0 399 9 Atlantic 10 Conference 16. New Mexico 0-0 382 NR Mountain West Conference 17. Saint Louis 0-0 374 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 18. Missouri State 0-0 339 NR Missouri Valley Conference 19. Kent State 0-0 308 15 Mid-American Conference 20. UTEP 0-0 288 7 Conference USA 21. UNLV 0-0 285 NR Mountain West Conference 22. Northern Iowa 0-0 256 NR Missouri Valley Conference 23. Siena (2) 0-0 225 14 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 24. Charlotte 0-0 218 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 25. Valparaiso 0-0 218 NR Horizon League Others Receiving Votes: Rhode Island 0-0 199 Atlantic 10 Conference Hofstra 0-0 197 Colonial Athletic Association Bradley 0-0 185 Missouri Valley Conference Richmond 0-0 174 Atlantic 10 Conference San Diego State 0-0 170 Mountain West Conference Iona 0-0 161 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Marshall 0-0 155 Conference USA Milwaukee 0-0 155 Horizon League Boise State 0-0 152 Western Athletic Conference Fresno State 0-0 152 Western Athletic Conference La Salle 0-0 149 Atlantic 10 Conference Fairfield 0-0 148 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Southern Mississippi 0-0 145 Conference USA VCU 0-0 143 Colonial Athletic Association Houston 0-0 140 Conference USA Massachusetts 0-0 139 Atlantic 10 Conference Western Kentucky 0-0 134 Sun Belt Conference Niagara 0-0 133 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Duquesne 0-0 132 Atlantic 10 Conference Saint Mary's 0-0 129 West Coast Conference New Mexico State 0-0 127 Western Athletic Conference Wright State 0-0 125 Horizon League Old Dominion 0-0 120 Colonial Athletic Association St. Bonaventure 0-0 114 Atlantic 10 Conference George Washington 0-0 111 Atlantic 10 Conference College of Charleston 0-0 109 Sun Belt Conference Manhattan 0-0 100 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference George Mason 0-0 97 Colonial Athletic Association Illinois State 0-0 91 Missouri Valley Conference Oregon State 0-0 91 Western Athletic Conference Florida International 0-0 88 Sun Belt Conference Middle Tennessee 0-0 88 Sun Belt Conference Fordham 0-0 87 Atlantic 10 Conference Jacksonville 0-0 83 Atlantic Sun Conference Loyola-Maryland 0-0 83 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Wyoming 0-0 83 Mountain West Conference South Alabama 0-0 78 Sun Belt Conference Illinois-Chicago 0-0 77 Horizon League Louisiana Tech 0-0 77 Western Athletic Conference Santa Clara 0-0 77 West Coast Conference Stetson 0-0 77 Atlantic Sun Conference IUPUI 0-0 74 Summit League UNC Wilmington 0-0 72 Colonial Athletic Association Pennsylvania 0-0 71 Ivy League Towson 0-0 70 Colonial Athletic Association Tulane 0-0 69 Conference USA Florida Atlantic 0-0 68 Southern Conference Hawaii 0-0 68 Western Athletic Conference Northeastern 0-0 68 Colonial Athletic Association San Diego 0-0 65 West Coast Conference Coppin State 0-0 63 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Rider 0-0 63 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference UMBC 0-0 63 America East Conference Wichita State 0-0 63 Missouri Valley Conference San Jose State 0-0 62 Western Athletic Conference Davidson 0-0 61 Southern Conference Oakland 0-0 61 Summit League Mount St. Mary's 0-0 60 Northeast Conference Indiana State 0-0 58 Missouri Valley Conference North Florida 0-0 58 Atlantic Sun Conference Morgan State 0-0 56 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Bethune-Cookman 0-0 54 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Navy 0-0 53 Patriot League Detroit 0-0 52 Horizon League Loyola Marymount 0-0 51 West Coast Conference UL-Lafayette 0-0 51 Sun Belt Conference Florida A&M 0-0 50 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Maryland-East Shore 0-0 50 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Canisius 0-0 49 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Cornell 0-0 49 Ivy League Miami-Ohio 0-0 47 Mid-American Conference Air Force 0-0 46 Mountain West Conference Florida Gulf Coast 0-0 46 Big South Conference Albany 0-0 43 America East Conference Idaho 0-0 43 West Coast Conference Vermont 0-0 43 America East Conference Marist 0-0 42 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Boston University 0-0 41 America East Conference Cal State Northridge 0-0 41 Big West Conference Idaho State 0-0 41 Big Sky Conference Yale 0-0 41 Ivy League Arkansas-Little Rock 0-0 40 Sun Belt Conference Evansville 0-0 40 Missouri Valley Conference Buffalo 0-0 39 Mid-American Conference Hartford 0-0 39 America East Conference Ball State 0-0 38 Mid-American Conference Cleveland State 0-0 38 Horizon League Binghamton 0-0 37 America East Conference Central Connecticut State 0-0 37 Northeast Conference Colorado State 0-0 36 Mountain West Conference IPFW 0-0 36 Summit League Montana 0-0 36 Big Sky Conference Austin Peay 0-0 35 Ohio Valley Conference Sacred Heart 0-0 35 Northeast Conference Drexel 0-0 34 Colonial Athletic Association Harvard 0-0 34 Ivy League Holy Cross 0-0 34 Patriot League Quinnipiac 0-0 33 Northeast Conference Stony Brook 0-0 32 America East Conference San Francisco 0-0 31 West Coast Conference Pacific 0-0 30 Big West Conference Troy 0-0 30 Sun Belt Conference UC Santa Barbara 0-0 26 Big West Conference East Tennessee State 0-0 25 Atlantic Sun Conference American 0-0 24 Patriot League Colgate 0-0 24 Patriot League Pepperdine 0-0 24 West Coast Conference Columbia 0-0 23 Ivy League Howard 0-0 23 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Cal State Fullerton 0-0 22 Big West Conference Drake 0-0 22 Missouri Valley Conference Arkansas State 0-0 20 Sun Belt Conference Samford 0-0 20 Southern Conference Texas Christian 0-0 20 Mountain West Conference Wagner 0-0 20 Northeast Conference Western Michigan 0-0 20 Mid-American Conference Weber State 0-0 19 Big Sky Conference Murray State 0-0 18 Ohio Valley Conference UC Irvine 0-0 18 Big West Conference UMKC 0-0 18 Summit League Alabama State 0-0 17 Southwestern Athletic Conference Central Michigan 0-0 17 Mid-American Conference Arkansas-Pine Bluff 0-0 16 Southwestern Athletic Conference Eastern Michigan 0-0 16 Mid-American Conference Jacksonville State 0-0 16 Ohio Valley Conference Lafayette 0-0 16 Patriot League Alabama A&M 0-0 15 Southwestern Athletic Conference St. Francis-PA 0-0 15 Northeast Conference Central Arkansas 0-0 15 Southland Conference Bucknell 0-0 14 Patriot League Long Beach State 0-0 14 Big West Conference Lehigh 0-0 13 Patriot League Long Island 0-0 13 Northeast Conference Cal Poly 0-0 12 Big West Conference Robert Morris 0-0 12 Northeast Conference Green Bay 0-0 12 Horizon League Army 0-0 11 Patriot League Southeast Missouri State 0-0 11 Ohio Valley Conference Belmont 0-0 10 Atlantic Sun Conference UC Davis 0-0 10 Big West Conference St. Francis-NY 0-0 9 Northeast Conference Portland 0-0 8 West Coast Conference East Carolina 0-0 7 Conference USA Oral Roberts 0-0 7 Summit League Sacramento State 0-0 7 Big Sky Conference UC Riverside 0-0 6 Big West Conference Winthrop 0-0 6 Atlantic Sun Conference Cal State Bakersfield 0-0 5 Independent

Delaware 0-0 4 Colonial Athletic Association
Georgia State 0-0 2 Colonial Athletic Association
Bowling Green 0-0 1 Mid-American Conference

These first editions of the mid-major poll are just weird. You'd have thought Evansville would have been in the mid-major top 25 since they received votes in the coaches poll, but no, they are a ways down there. I just don't put much stock into them.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:11 AM   #274
Grover
Pro Starter

Great to see Charlotte in the mid-major top 25!

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 08:12 AM   #275
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

As a reminder, I'm doing things differently this season. Instead of doing a full in-season tournament recap and starting the weekly reports towards the end of the year, I will be starting weekly reports with the first week of the season. In an effort to keep it going quicker, I will probably not do the little sentence recap for each team unless it is something really important, like winning a tournament or a huge winning streak. Unless you guys like those little short sentence long weekly recaps, then I'll keep them in. For this first couple weeks though, I'll go without.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:04 PM   #276
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Nov. 6-14, 2016

With the season starting on a Sunday, I decided to make this first post 8 days instead of just a week. No reason to have that first Sunday as a totally separate post.

Hartford (David Ginsberg)

No games this week.

Maine (Cillian O'Reilly)

11/13/16 vs. Colgate (W 81-66).

Charlotte (Timmy Tribble)

No games this week.

Boston College (Alex Donovan)

11/13/16- Paradise Shootout First Round vs. (7) South Carolina (L 81-69).

Colorado (Rob Nielsen)

No games this week.

Louisville (Kuji Chagulia)

11/6/16- Coaches Invitational First Round vs. (14) Louisiana Tech (W 75-63).
11/7-16- Coaches Invitational Quarterfinals vs. (11) St. Marys (L 74-71).

Notre Dame (Ernesto Lopez)

No games this week.

High Point (Roy Rogers)

11/13/16 vs. Elon (L 77-67).

Penn State (Tim Sheppard)

No games this week.

Cal Poly (DeShawn St. John)

No games this week.

UTEP (Jeeber Mack)

No games this week.

Wright State (Shane Korme)

No games this week.

Central Michigan (Cannon Pace)

No games this week.

Norfolk State (Payten Carrano)

11/10/16- Preseason NIT First Round vs. (1) #20 Tennessee (L 90-55).

Evansville (Ekeje Bafou)

No games this week.

Bryant (Score Galore)

No games this week.

Monmouth (Thomas Carrano)

11/8/16- GDS Classic First Round vs. (1) Xavier (L 67-52).

UCLA (Patrick Hutt)

11/7/16- College Classic Semifinal vs. (4) Weber State (W 76-55).
11/6/16- College Classic Championship vs. (3) Virginia Tech (L 65-48).
11/13/16 at San Diego (L 76-71).

Davidson (Randolph Childress)

11/13/16 vs. Georgia State (W 71-60)

Troy (Brett Hawkins)

11/8/16- Vision Classic Semifinal vs. (3) James Madison (L 72-62).
11/10/16- Vision Classic Consolation vs. (1) Kansas State (W 63-32).

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn)

11/13/16- Top of the Globe Invitational First Round vs. (4) Penn (W 69-67)

Oregon State (Jawouk Bafou)

11/8/16- GDS Classic First Round vs. (9) South Florida (W 69-53)
11/10/16- GDS Classic Quarterfinals vs. (1) Xavier (L 83-46)

Code:
Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Villanova (70) 2-0 1798 1 Big East Conference 2. Michigan State (2) 0-0 1710 2 Big Ten Conference 3. Duke 3-0 1646 6 Atlantic Coast Conference 4. Mississippi 1-0 1521 4 Southeastern Conference 5. Oklahoma State 2-0 1487 7 Big 12 Conference 6. Texas 3-0 1465 9 Big 12 Conference 7. Kansas 0-0 1394 5 Big 12 Conference 8. Mississippi State 2-0 1310 8 Southeastern Conference 9. Kentucky 1-0 1182 10 Southeastern Conference 10. Maryland 2-0 1151 12 Atlantic Coast Conference 11. Florida 1-0 1037 11 Southeastern Conference 12. Arizona 2-0 927 21 Pacific-10 Conference 13. Georgetown 1-0 847 15 Big East Conference 14. Connecticut 1-0 776 16 Big East Conference 15. Syracuse 1-0 765 17 Big East Conference 16. North Carolina 0-0 754 13 Atlantic Coast Conference 17. Southern California 0-0 575 18 Pacific-10 Conference 18. Missouri 1-0 572 23 Big 12 Conference 19. Pittsburgh 0-0 522 19 Big East Conference 20. Ohio State 2-1 398 3 Big Ten Conference 21. Central Florida 2-0 293 NR Conference USA 22. Miami 0-0 208 25 Atlantic Coast Conference 23. California 1-0 169 NR Pacific-10 Conference 24. Nevada 0-0 115 NR Western Athletic Conference 25. Xavier 2-0 103 NR Atlantic 10 Conference Others Receiving Votes: Purdue 2-0 100 Big Ten Conference Stanford 0-0 86 Pacific-10 Conference Oklahoma 1-0 57 Big 12 Conference Butler 1-0 56 Horizon League Georgia Tech 0-0 43 Atlantic Coast Conference Illinois State 2-0 29 Missouri Valley Conference Marquette 1-0 21 Big East Conference South Carolina 1-0 19 Southeastern Conference Towson 1-0 16 Colonial Athletic Association West Virginia 0-0 14 Big East Conference Coppin State 1-0 13 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Notre Dame 0-0 13 Big East Conference Virginia Tech 2-0 13 Atlantic Coast Conference Indiana 0-0 12 Big Ten Conference Indiana State 0-0 11 Missouri Valley Conference Mount St. Mary's 1-0 11 Northeast Conference St. John's 0-0 11 Big East Conference Evansville 0-0 9 Missouri Valley Conference Fairfield 2-0 8 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Vermont 0-0 8 America East Conference Ball State 0-0 7 Mid-American Conference Florida State 0-0 7 Atlantic Coast Conference George Washington 0-0 7 Atlantic 10 Conference Loyola-Maryland 0-0 7 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Minnesota 1-0 7 Big Ten Conference Utah State 1-0 7 Pacific-10 Conference Albany 1-0 6 America East Conference Cornell 1-0 6 Ivy League Hofstra 0-0 6 Colonial Athletic Association Fresno State 1-0 5 Western Athletic Conference Harvard 2-0 5 Ivy League IPFW 0-0 5 Summit League Providence 1-0 5 Big East Conference UAB 1-0 5 Conference USA Jacksonville 1-0 4 Atlantic Sun Conference Memphis 0-0 4 Conference USA San Diego 1-0 4 West Coast Conference Tulsa 1-0 4 Conference USA Alabama 0-0 3 Southeastern Conference Gonzaga 1-0 3 Western Athletic Conference Morgan State 0-0 3 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Auburn 0-0 2 Southeastern Conference Boise State 1-0 2 Western Athletic Conference Manhattan 0-0 2 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Massachusetts 1-0 2 Atlantic 10 Conference Tulane 2-0 2 Conference USA Kent State 1-0 1 Mid-American Conference Long Beach State 1-0 1 Big West Conference Navy 0-0 1 Patriot League Penn State 0-0 1 Big Ten Conference Stetson 0-0 1 Atlantic Sun Conference

Still amazes me how some of the early season polls work.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:04 PM   #277
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Code:
Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Central Florida (43) 2-0 1629 3 Conference USA 2. Nevada (7) 0-0 1360 2 Western Athletic Conference 3. Xavier (12) 2-0 1241 6 Atlantic 10 Conference 4. Butler (2) 1-0 1035 5 Horizon League 5. Memphis 0-0 994 4 Conference USA 6. Illinois State 2-0 924 NR Missouri Valley Conference 7. Fairfield (2) 2-0 847 NR Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 8. Tulane 2-0 826 NR Conference USA 9. Gonzaga 1-0 692 12 Western Athletic Conference 10. Tulsa 1-0 622 14 Conference USA 11. UAB 1-0 613 13 Conference USA 12. Kent State 1-0 581 19 Mid-American Conference 13. UNLV 1-0 454 21 Mountain West Conference 14. Boise State 1-0 445 NR Western Athletic Conference 15. Harvard 2-0 442 NR Ivy League 16. Milwaukee 1-0 433 NR Horizon League 17. San Diego (1) 1-0 392 NR West Coast Conference 18. Miami-Ohio 1-0 359 NR Mid-American Conference 19. Fresno State 1-0 350 NR Western Athletic Conference 20. Utah 0-0 313 11 Mountain West Conference 21. Saint Louis 0-0 311 17 Atlantic 10 Conference 22. UTEP 0-0 263 20 Conference USA 23. Green Bay 1-0 253 NR Horizon League 24. Massachusetts 1-0 240 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 25. New Mexico 0-0 235 16 Mountain West Conference Others Receiving Votes: Hawaii 1-0 212 Western Athletic Conference Davidson 1-0 205 Southern Conference Northeastern 1-0 198 Colonial Athletic Association Albany 1-0 197 America East Conference Wright State 0-0 190 Horizon League Charlotte 0-0 185 Atlantic 10 Conference Cornell 1-0 184 Ivy League Towson 1-0 176 Colonial Athletic Association Hofstra 0-0 174 Colonial Athletic Association Wichita State 0-0 172 Missouri Valley Conference Jacksonville 1-0 170 Atlantic Sun Conference Detroit 0-0 157 Horizon League Cleveland State 0-0 154 Horizon League Indiana State 0-0 154 Missouri Valley Conference East Carolina 1-0 135 Conference USA Duquesne 0-0 133 Atlantic 10 Conference Southern Mississippi 0-0 132 Conference USA Western Kentucky 0-0 125 Sun Belt Conference San Diego State 0-0 122 Mountain West Conference Coppin State 1-0 112 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference George Washington 0-0 111 Atlantic 10 Conference St. Bonaventure 0-0 108 Atlantic 10 Conference Evansville 0-0 107 Missouri Valley Conference Manhattan 0-0 106 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Appalachian State 1-0 104 Southern Conference Bowling Green 0-0 104 Mid-American Conference Rice 0-0 101 Conference USA College of Charleston 0-0 100 Sun Belt Conference Mount St. Mary's 1-0 97 Northeast Conference Portland 1-0 97 West Coast Conference New Mexico State 0-0 92 Western Athletic Conference New Orleans 1-0 92 Sun Belt Conference Maine 1-0 87 America East Conference Santa Clara 0-0 82 West Coast Conference Long Beach State 1-0 81 Big West Conference Akron 0-0 80 Mid-American Conference UL-Lafayette 0-0 78 Sun Belt Conference Fordham 0-0 76 Atlantic 10 Conference Loyola-Maryland 0-0 75 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Rider 0-0 72 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Arkansas-Little Rock 0-0 71 Sun Belt Conference Wyoming 0-0 71 Mountain West Conference Montana State 1-0 69 Big Sky Conference Stetson 0-0 69 Atlantic Sun Conference Wagner 1-0 69 Northeast Conference Cal State Northridge 0-0 67 Big West Conference San Jose State 0-0 66 Western Athletic Conference Florida Atlantic 0-0 65 Southern Conference North Florida 0-0 62 Atlantic Sun Conference Florida A&M 0-0 59 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Morgan State 0-0 58 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Murray State 0-0 56 Ohio Valley Conference Florida Gulf Coast 0-0 56 Big South Conference Elon 1-0 54 Southern Conference Navy 0-0 54 Patriot League Air Force 0-0 52 Mountain West Conference Pacific 0-0 52 Big West Conference Vermont 0-0 52 America East Conference Canisius 0-0 48 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference North Texas 0-0 48 Sun Belt Conference Quinnipiac 1-0 45 Northeast Conference Drexel 0-0 44 Colonial Athletic Association Marist 0-0 44 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Idaho State 0-0 41 Big Sky Conference Ball State 0-0 40 Mid-American Conference Pepperdine 0-0 40 West Coast Conference Cal State Fullerton 0-0 38 Big West Conference IPFW 0-0 38 Summit League Western Michigan 0-0 38 Mid-American Conference Yale 0-0 38 Ivy League Stephen F. Austin 1-0 37 Southland Conference Chattanooga 0-0 36 Southern Conference Hartford 0-0 36 America East Conference Long Island 0-0 36 Northeast Conference Central Connecticut State 0-0 34 Northeast Conference Army 0-0 33 Patriot League St. Francis-PA 1-0 33 Northeast Conference Holy Cross 0-0 31 Patriot League Sacred Heart 0-0 31 Northeast Conference Georgia Southern 0-0 30 Southern Conference Lehigh 1-0 30 Patriot League Centenary 0-0 27 Summit League St. Francis-NY 0-0 27 Northeast Conference Toledo 0-0 27 Mid-American Conference Youngstown State 0-0 24 Horizon League Kennesaw State 1-0 22 Atlantic Sun Conference Alabama State 0-0 21 Southwestern Athletic Conference Alabama A&M 0-0 19 Southwestern Athletic Conference Lafayette 0-0 19 Patriot League Bucknell 0-0 18 Patriot League Louisiana-Monroe 0-0 17 Sun Belt Conference Mercer 0-0 17 Atlantic Sun Conference Robert Morris 0-0 17 Northeast Conference Central Michigan 0-0 16 Mid-American Conference UMKC 0-0 16 Summit League Eastern Michigan 0-0 15 Mid-American Conference Cal Poly 0-0 13 Big West Conference William & Mary 0-0 13 Colonial Athletic Association UC Davis 0-0 12 Big West Conference Arkansas-Pine Bluff 0-0 11 Southwestern Athletic Conference Portland State 0-0 11 Big Sky Conference Sacramento State 0-0 11 Big Sky Conference UC Riverside 0-0 10 Big West Conference Central Arkansas 0-0 10 Southland Conference USC Upstate 1-0 10 Atlantic Sun Conference Cal State Bakersfield 0-0 9 Independent Texas-Pan American 1-0 7 Great West Conference Delaware 0-0 4 Colonial Athletic Association Brown 0-0 3 Ivy League Denver 0-0 3 Sun Belt Conference Furman 0-0 3 Southern Conference Sam Houston State 0-0 3 Southland Conference Southeast Missouri State 0-0 3 Ohio Valley Conference

Even though it probably won't last, it's great to see so many of our FOFC teams getting votes in the mid-major polls.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:39 PM   #278
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Nov. 14-20, 2016

11/14/16 at Central Conn. State (L 72-62)
11/16/16 at Yale (W 69-67)

Maine (Cillian O'Reilly)

11/19/16 at Dartmouth (L 86-84, OT)

11/17/16- Maui Shootout First Round vs. (3) #24 Nevada (W 69-65).
11/18/16- Maui Shootout Semifinals vs. (2) #19 Pittsburgh (L 80-76).
11/19-16- Maui Shootout 3rd place Game vs. (4) Memphis (W 71-66).

11/15/16- Paradise Shootout Consolation Game vs. (6) Richmond (W 74-72).
11/17/16- Paradise Shootout 5th place game vs. (8) UNC Wilmington (W 85-77).

Colorado (Rob Nielsen)

11/18/16- Alaska Invitational First Round vs. (5) Hofstra (L 76-64).
11/19/16- Alaska Invitational Consolation Semifinal vs. (8) Mercer (L 81-52).
11/20/16- Alaska Invitational 7th place Game vs. (6) Southern Miss (L 88-72).

No games this week.

11/14/16- Las Vegas Challenge First Round vs. (8) San Jose State (L 71-70).
11/16/16- Las Vegas Challenge Consolation Semifinal vs. (5) Western Kentucky (L 82-79).

High Point (Roy Rogers)

11/19/16 at Wofford (W 57-48).

11/18/16- Island Invitational First Round vs. (7) St. Bonaventure (W 71-63).
11/20/16- Island Invitational Semifinal vs. (6) Cal St. Northridge (L 79-66).

11/16/16 at #16 North Carolina (L 85-61).

UTEP (Jeeber Mack)

11/18/16 vs. Sam Houston State (L 61-56).

11/18/16- Island Invitational First Round vs. (6) Cal St. Northridge (L 83-78).
11/20/16- Island Invitational Consolation Semifinals vs. (7) St. Bonaventure (W 67-51).

11/14/16 vs. IPFW (L 66-59).
11/20/16 vs. Loyola-IL (W 46-43).

No games this week.

Evansville (Ekeje Bafou)

11/14/16 vs. SIU Edwardsville (W 67-55).
11/18/16 at Northern Illinois (L 69-63).
11/20/16 at Vanderbilt (L 71-63).

Bryant (Score Galore)

11/15/16 at Weber State (L 65-57).
11/18/16 at Holy Cross (L 82-72).
11/20/16 at Boston University (L 98-74).

No games this week.

UCLA (Patrick Hutt)

11/17/16 vs. Niagara (W 85-65).

11/15/16 at #9 Kentucky (W 86-76).
11/18/16 vs. Florida A&M (W 64-55).

Troy (Brett Hawkins)

11/17/16 vs. Tulane (L 76-72).

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn)

11/15/16- Top of the Globe Invitational Semifinals vs. (1) Minnesota (L 71-57).
11/17/16- Top of the Globe Invitational 3rd place game vs. (7) Portland (W 82-60).

11/20/16 at UMKC (W 69-58).

Code:
Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Villanova (62) 3-0 1789 1 Big East Conference 2. Michigan State (10) 3-0 1734 2 Big Ten Conference 3. Mississippi 3-0 1623 4 Southeastern Conference 4. Kansas 3-0 1567 7 Big 12 Conference 5. Texas 4-0 1553 6 Big 12 Conference 6. Maryland 5-0 1432 10 Atlantic Coast Conference 7. Florida 2-0 1308 11 Southeastern Conference 8. Georgetown 3-0 1279 13 Big East Conference 9. North Carolina 2-0 1164 16 Atlantic Coast Conference 10. Southern California 2-0 1035 17 Pacific-10 Conference 11. Syracuse 2-0 1002 15 Big East Conference 12. Missouri 3-0 992 18 Big 12 Conference 13. Arizona 2-0 942 12 Pacific-10 Conference 14. Duke 4-1 861 3 Atlantic Coast Conference 15. Ohio State 3-1 808 20 Big Ten Conference 16. Central Florida 3-0 652 21 Conference USA 17. Stanford 1-0 468 NR Pacific-10 Conference 18. Oklahoma State 2-1 435 5 Big 12 Conference 19. Marquette 3-0 413 NR Big East Conference 20. Alabama 3-0 359 NR Southeastern Conference 21. Minnesota 3-0 295 NR Big Ten Conference 22. Kentucky 1-1 198 9 Southeastern Conference 23. Virginia Tech 3-0 189 NR Atlantic Coast Conference 24. Indiana 2-0 145 NR Big Ten Conference 25. St. John's 2-0 110 NR Big East Conference Others Receiving Votes: Davidson 3-0 90 Southern Conference Indiana State 2-0 87 Missouri Valley Conference Pittsburgh 2-1 72 Big East Conference San Diego State 2-0 62 Mountain West Conference Albany 3-0 52 America East Conference Fresno State 2-0 51 Western Athletic Conference Iowa 1-0 51 Big Ten Conference IPFW 2-0 46 Summit League Northern Illinois 2-0 42 Mid-American Conference Cal State Northridge 2-0 36 Big West Conference Fairfield 2-0 35 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Rutgers 2-0 32 Big East Conference Saint Louis 1-0 32 Atlantic 10 Conference Mount St. Mary's 3-0 29 Northeast Conference Murray State 2-0 29 Ohio Valley Conference Cal State Fullerton 2-0 28 Big West Conference Towson 2-0 28 Colonial Athletic Association Appalachian State 2-0 24 Southern Conference Cornell 2-0 23 Ivy League Florida Atlantic 1-0 23 Southern Conference Pacific 2-0 20 Big West Conference New Orleans 2-0 18 Sun Belt Conference Coppin State 1-0 17 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference New Mexico State 1-0 14 Western Athletic Conference Tennessee-Martin 2-0 14 Ohio Valley Conference Drexel 2-0 13 Colonial Athletic Association Quinnipiac 3-0 13 Northeast Conference Rider 2-0 13 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Stephen F. Austin 2-0 9 Southland Conference Northeastern 2-0 8 Colonial Athletic Association Southern Utah 2-0 8 Summit League Citadel 2-0 8 Southern Conference Lafayette 2-0 5 Patriot League Wake Forest 0-1 4 Atlantic Coast Conference Massachusetts 1-0 3 Atlantic 10 Conference Texas State 2-0 3 Southland Conference Northwestern State 1-0 2 Southland Conference Tennessee 1-1 2 Southeastern Conference Holy Cross 2-0 1 Patriot League

Things have definitely changed. Davidson is just outside the coaches top 25 after a huge win at Kentucky.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:41 PM   #279
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Code:
Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Central Florida (57) 3-0 1762 1 Conference USA 2. Davidson 3-0 1414 NR Southern Conference 3. Fairfield (1) 2-0 1338 7 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 4. Albany (3) 3-0 1222 NR America East Conference 5. Indiana State (7) 2-0 1202 NR Missouri Valley Conference 6. San Diego State (2) 2-0 1156 NR Mountain West Conference 7. Rider 2-0 1139 NR Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 8. Fresno State 2-0 1040 19 Western Athletic Conference 9. Cal State Northridge 2-0 903 NR Big West Conference 10. Cornell 2-0 797 NR Ivy League 11. Cal State Fullerton 2-0 785 NR Big West Conference 12. Northern Illinois 2-0 670 NR Mid-American Conference 13. Appalachian State 2-0 654 NR Southern Conference 14. Saint Louis 1-0 638 21 Atlantic 10 Conference 15. Drexel 2-0 627 NR Colonial Athletic Association 16. IPFW 2-0 579 NR Summit League 17. Northeastern 2-0 496 NR Colonial Athletic Association 18. Quinnipiac 3-0 486 NR Northeast Conference 19. Murray State 2-0 485 NR Ohio Valley Conference 20. New Mexico State 1-0 466 NR Western Athletic Conference 21. St. Peter's 2-0 434 NR Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 22. Massachusetts 1-0 388 24 Atlantic 10 Conference 23. Pacific 2-0 365 NR Big West Conference 24. Towson (2) 2-0 338 NR Colonial Athletic Association 25. Lafayette 2-0 305 NR Patriot League Others Receiving Votes: Stephen F. Austin 2-0 297 Southland Conference Delaware 2-0 292 Colonial Athletic Association Texas-San Antonio 1-0 257 Southland Conference Texas State 2-0 256 Southland Conference Tennessee-Martin 2-0 201 Ohio Valley Conference Texas Southern 0-0 201 Southwestern Athletic Conference Mount St. Mary's 3-0 190 Northeast Conference New Orleans 2-0 188 Sun Belt Conference Southern Utah 2-0 178 Summit League Florida Atlantic 1-0 163 Southern Conference Holy Cross 2-0 157 Patriot League Dartmouth 2-0 147 Ivy League Citadel 2-0 142 Southern Conference Northwestern State 1-0 128 Southland Conference Portland State 1-0 123 Big Sky Conference Creighton 3-1 121 Missouri Valley Conference Northern Colorado 1-0 120 Big Sky Conference Kennesaw State 1-0 111 Atlantic Sun Conference Coppin State 1-0 108 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Charleston Southern 1-0 102 Big South Conference New Hampshire 2-0 89 America East Conference Lipscomb 0-0 75 Atlantic Sun Conference Delaware State 2-0 65 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference

I figured it wouldn't last, having so many teams ranked in the mid-major poll. The question is, is Davidson for real again? Or did they just have a fluke week?
Old 09-02-2015, 09:27 PM   #280
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

We R for REAL!
Old 09-03-2015, 12:45 AM   #281
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Ugh... Kuji Chagulia might be on his way out at Louisville.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:16 AM   #282
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Nov. 21-27, 2016

11/21/16 vs. Brown (W 62-53).
11/27/16 at Providence (L 82-54).

Maine (Cillian O'Reilly)

11/22/16 at LaSalle (L 82-61).
11/25/16 vs. William & Mary (L 70-64).
11/27/16 at Siena (W 100-85).

11/27/16 vs. East Tennessee State (W 94-63).

11/27/16 at Maryland-East Shore (W 102-70).

Colorado (Rob Nielsen)

No games this week.

11/22/16 at Butler (W 67-48).
11/24/16 vs. Campbell (L 64-48).
11/26/16 vs. #14 Duke (L 80-65).

11/21/16- Las Vegas Challenge 7th place game vs. (2) Utah (L 91-65).

High Point (Roy Rogers)

11/22/16 vs. Citadel (W 62-61).
11/24/16 at Towson (W 74-65).

11/22/16- Island Invitational 3rd place game vs. (1) N.C. State (W 57-48).
11/27/16 vs. LaSalle (L 93-72).

11/22/16 at #13 Arizona (L 76-42).

UTEP (Jeeber Mack)

11/22/16 at Kansas State (W 64-45).
11/25/16 vs. LSU (W 68-59).
11/27/16 vs. Texas A&M-CC (W 76-59).

11/22/16- Island Invitational 5th place game vs. (4) Wichita State (L 89-84).

11/22/16 at DePaul (L 69-60).
11/27/16 at Valparaiso (W 82-74).

No games this week.

Evansville (Ekeje Bafou)

11/25/16 at UAB (L 63-51).
11/27/16 vs. Wofford (W 72-70).

Bryant (Score Galore)

11/22/16 at Rhode Island (L 71-64).
11/24/16 at Vermont (L 64-56).

11/26/16 at Northeastern (L 83-77).

UCLA (Patrick Hutt)

11/21/16 at Nevada (W 98-91).
11/25/16 vs. Oral Roberts (W 49-46).

11/21/16 vs. Coastal Carolina (L 66-61).
11/24/16 at #9 North Carolina (L 64-38).

Troy (Brett Hawkins)

11/23/16 at Jacksonville State (W 86-61).
11/25/16 vs. Charleston Southern (W 68-55).

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn)

11/24/16 at Marshall (L 53-52).

11/22/16 vs. Wyoming (L 70-61).

Yuck! Not a good week for most of our FOFC coaches. It's been a rough start to the season.

Code:
Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Villanova (66) 5-0 1794 1 Big East Conference 2. Michigan State (6) 4-0 1730 2 Big Ten Conference 3. Kansas 6-0 1647 4 Big 12 Conference 4. Mississippi 5-0 1571 3 Southeastern Conference 5. Texas 6-0 1529 5 Big 12 Conference 6. Maryland 6-0 1437 6 Atlantic Coast Conference 7. Georgetown 4-0 1321 8 Big East Conference 8. North Carolina 3-0 1234 9 Atlantic Coast Conference 9. Ohio State 5-1 1191 15 Big Ten Conference 10. Arizona 3-0 1121 13 Pacific-10 Conference 11. Duke 5-1 1094 14 Atlantic Coast Conference 12. Missouri 4-0 1039 12 Big 12 Conference 13. Stanford 3-0 868 17 Pacific-10 Conference 14. Oklahoma State 2-1 694 18 Big 12 Conference 15. Marquette 4-0 693 19 Big East Conference 16. Virginia Tech 5-0 634 23 Atlantic Coast Conference 17. St. John's 4-0 495 25 Big East Conference 18. Kentucky 3-1 466 22 Southeastern Conference 19. Saint Louis 4-0 429 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 20. Alabama 3-0 423 20 Southeastern Conference 21. Northeastern 5-0 320 NR Colonial Athletic Association 22. Florida 2-1 312 7 Southeastern Conference 23. Indiana 3-0 286 24 Big Ten Conference 24. Syracuse 3-1 279 11 Big East Conference 25. Rutgers 3-0 154 NR Big East Conference Others Receiving Votes: Cal State Northridge 3-0 122 Big West Conference Fairfield 3-0 111 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Southern California 2-1 86 Pacific-10 Conference Pittsburgh 3-1 81 Big East Conference Texas State 2-0 65 Southland Conference Mount St. Mary's 4-0 51 Northeast Conference Lipscomb 2-0 36 Atlantic Sun Conference Delaware State 4-0 34 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference St. Peter's 3-0 23 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Central Florida 4-1 13 Conference USA New Hampshire 3-0 7 America East Conference Massachusetts 1-0 4 Atlantic 10 Conference Wake Forest 0-1 4 Atlantic Coast Conference Tennessee 1-1 2 Southeastern Conference

No big surprise to see Davidson losing all their votes after an 0-2 week. Bleh!

Code:
Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Saint Louis (43) 4-0 1739 14 Atlantic 10 Conference 2. Northeastern (11) 5-0 1699 17 Colonial Athletic Association 3. Fairfield (3) 3-0 1639 3 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 4. Cal State Northridge (7) 3-0 1536 9 Big West Conference 5. St. Peter's 3-0 1479 21 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 6. Delaware State 4-0 1385 NR Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference 7. Mount St. Mary's (3) 4-0 1334 NR Northeast Conference 8. New Hampshire 3-0 1220 NR America East Conference 9. Massachusetts 1-0 1205 22 Atlantic 10 Conference 10. Lipscomb (4) 2-0 1193 NR Atlantic Sun Conference 11. Central Florida (1) 4-1 1146 1 Conference USA 12. Texas State 2-0 1129 NR Southland Conference 13. Saint Mary's 4-1 607 NR West Coast Conference 14. Kent State 4-1 581 NR Mid-American Conference 15. San Diego 4-1 562 NR West Coast Conference 16. Boise State 4-1 489 NR Western Athletic Conference 17. Temple 3-1 412 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 18. Green Bay 4-1 405 NR Horizon League 19. UNLV 3-1 330 NR Mountain West Conference 20. Albany 4-1 284 4 America East Conference 21. Charlotte 3-1 250 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 22. UTEP 3-1 190 NR Conference USA 23. Weber State 4-1 170 NR Big Sky Conference 24. New Mexico 3-1 164 NR Mountain West Conference 25. Rhode Island 4-1 155 NR Atlantic 10 Conference Others Receiving Votes: Indiana State 2-1 121 Missouri Valley Conference UC Santa Barbara 3-1 109 Big West Conference Sam Houston State 3-1 108 Southland Conference Houston 2-1 100 Conference USA Vermont 4-1 100 America East Conference Milwaukee 3-1 96 Horizon League Appalachian State 3-1 89 Southern Conference Tulsa 2-1 89 Conference USA College of Charleston 3-1 83 Sun Belt Conference Hofstra 2-1 74 Colonial Athletic Association Fresno State 3-1 70 Western Athletic Conference San Diego State 3-1 67 Mountain West Conference Alabama State 3-1 63 Southwestern Athletic Conference Holy Cross 3-1 61 Patriot League Mercer 3-1 61 Atlantic Sun Conference Lafayette 3-1 58 Patriot League Drexel 3-1 52 Colonial Athletic Association Loyola-Maryland 2-1 51 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Cleveland State 2-1 49 Horizon League Wichita State 2-1 47 Missouri Valley Conference Cal State Fullerton 3-1 46 Big West Conference Georgia Southern 3-1 41 Southern Conference Florida Gulf Coast 2-1 40 Big South Conference IUPUI 1-1 37 Summit League IPFW 2-1 36 Summit League Tennessee State 2-1 33 Ohio Valley Conference Cornell 2-1 28 Ivy League Manhattan 2-1 28 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Saint Joseph's 1-1 25 Atlantic 10 Conference New Orleans 3-1 24 Sun Belt Conference High Point 3-1 22 Big South Conference Quinnipiac 3-1 22 Northeast Conference Marist 2-1 19 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Southern Illinois 1-1 18 Missouri Valley Conference New Mexico State 2-1 16 Western Athletic Conference Wagner 2-1 15 Northeast Conference Delaware 3-1 14 Colonial Athletic Association Mississippi Valley State 2-1 14 Southwestern Athletic Conference Pacific 3-1 14 Big West Conference Texas-Pan American 3-1 12 Great West Conference Louisiana Tech 1-1 11 Western Athletic Conference VCU 1-1 11 Colonial Athletic Association Robert Morris 2-1 9 Northeast Conference UC Davis 2-1 7 Big West Conference Northern Illinois 2-1 3 Mid-American Conference Middle Tennessee 1-1 2 Sun Belt Conference Southern Utah 3-1 1 Summit League Texas Christian 0-1 1 Mountain West Conference

At least we still have 3 teams getting votes in the mid-major polls, 2 of them in the mid-major top 25. Let's hope this isn't a jinx and that UTEP, Charlotte, and High Point continue to do well.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:58 AM   #283
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Nov. 28-Dec. 4, 2016

We've actually got 2 feature games this week, both of them involving Evansville. So let's look at them first.

12/1/16- Evansville (Ekeje Bafou) @ Louisville (Kuji Chagulia) -- Not much to talk about in this one. The Cardinals led by 13 at halftime and never looked back, shooting 50.8% to just 30.6% for Evansville.

Final Score: Louisville- 83, Evansville- 54.

12/3/16- Wright State (Shane Korme) @ Evansville (Ekeje Bafou) -- About the same effort for the Aces in this one as they were down by 16 at halftime. They did make a nice run to get it to within single digits but couldn't get any closer.

Final Score: Wright State- 69, Evansville- 60

And now the rest of the games:

11/30/16 vs. San Diego State (L 75-67).

Maine (Cillian O'Reilly)

12/2/16 at San Jose State (L 60-48).

12/2/16 vs. UNC Asheville (W 67-60).

12/1/16 vs. Niagara (W 81-55).
12/4/16 vs. Howard (W 89-79).

Colorado (Rob Nielsen)

11/30/16 vs. New Mexico State (W 81-70).
12/4/16 vs. Wyoming (L 72-59).

11/28/16 vs. Florida International (W 81-68).
12/1/16 vs. Evansville- feature game, highlighted above.
12/4/16 at Xavier (W 87-58).

12/1/16 vs. Lipscomb (L 83-75).
12/4/16 vs. Loyola-IL (W 80-66).

High Point (Roy Rogers)

11/28/16 at Campbell (L 64-52).
12/1/16 at South Carolina (W 69-55).

No games this week.

11/28/16 at #18 Kentucky (L 73-62).
12/2/16 vs. Weber State (L 80-72).

UTEP (Jeeber Mack)

11/30/16 vs. Texas Tech (W 77-61).

11/29/16 at James Madison (W 88-69).
12/1/16 at Kent State (L 86-76).
12/3/16 at Evansville- feature game, highlighted above.

12/1/16 at Indiana State (L 60-59).

11/29/16 at American (L 94-86).
12/2/16 at Delaware (W 89-79).

Evansville (Ekeje Bafou)

12/1/16 at Louisville- feature game, highlighted above.
12/3/16 vs. Wright State- feature game, highlighted above.

Bryant (Score Galore)

12/1/16 at Brown (W 92-91, OT).
12/4/16 vs. #6 Maryland (71-63).

11/28/16 vs. Manhattan (L 70-67).
11/30/16 at Albany (L 82-65).

UCLA (Patrick Hutt)

No games this week.

11/29/16 at Memphis (L 70-68).
12/1/16 at #11 Duke (L 69-61).

Troy (Brett Hawkins)

11/29/16 at Wake Forest (L 65-47).
12/3/16 at Cal St. Fullerton (W 90-71).

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn)

11/29/16 vs. N.C. State (L 84-58).
12/4/16 at Stony Brook (W 90-60).

11/29/16 vs. Washington State (L 77-57).
12/1/16 vs. Idaho (L 66-53).
12/3/16 vs. UC Santa Barbara (L 79-71).

Code:
Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Villanova (71) 6-0 1799 1 Big East Conference 2. Mississippi 7-0 1694 4 Southeastern Conference 3. Kansas 7-0 1642 3 Big 12 Conference 4. Texas (1) 8-0 1633 5 Big 12 Conference 5. Michigan State 6-1 1444 2 Big Ten Conference 6. Duke 7-1 1389 11 Atlantic Coast Conference 7. Georgetown 5-0 1367 7 Big East Conference 8. North Carolina 5-0 1357 8 Atlantic Coast Conference 9. Missouri 5-0 1248 12 Big 12 Conference 10. Stanford 5-0 1059 13 Pacific-10 Conference 11. Oklahoma State 3-1 952 14 Big 12 Conference 12. Marquette 6-0 893 15 Big East Conference 13. Maryland 7-1 873 6 Atlantic Coast Conference 14. Alabama 5-0 772 20 Southeastern Conference 15. Kentucky 5-1 718 18 Southeastern Conference 16. Fairfield 6-0 659 NR Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 17. Florida 4-1 599 22 Southeastern Conference 18. Indiana 5-0 590 23 Big Ten Conference 19. Virginia Tech 5-0 546 16 Atlantic Coast Conference 20. Saint Louis 5-0 529 19 Atlantic 10 Conference 21. Cal State Northridge 5-0 331 NR Big West Conference 22. Ohio State 6-2 321 9 Big Ten Conference 23. Southern California 3-1 205 NR Pacific-10 Conference 24. Arizona 5-1 177 10 Pacific-10 Conference 25. St. Peter's 4-0 157 NR Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Others Receiving Votes: Massachusetts 3-0 136 Atlantic 10 Conference Mount St. Mary's 4-0 94 Northeast Conference Wake Forest 2-1 86 Atlantic Coast Conference Central Florida 6-1 47 Conference USA Syracuse 4-1 31 Big East Conference Kent State 6-1 20 Mid-American Conference Saint Mary's 7-1 8 West Coast Conference Clemson 6-1 7 Atlantic Coast Conference Minnesota 6-1 6 Big Ten Conference Vermont 6-1 3 America East Conference Green Bay 6-1 3 Horizon League Purdue 3-1 2 Big Ten Conference Baylor 6-1 1 Big 12 Conference Vanderbilt 6-1 1 Southeastern Conference West Virginia 5-1 1 Big East Conference

No surprise that none of our teams are receiving votes in the coaches poll.

Code:
Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Fairfield (46) 6-0 1772 3 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 2. Saint Louis (16) 5-0 1721 1 Atlantic 10 Conference 3. Cal State Northridge (7) 5-0 1647 4 Big West Conference 4. St. Peter's 4-0 1537 5 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 5. Massachusetts 3-0 1491 9 Atlantic 10 Conference 6. Central Florida (1) 6-1 1372 11 Conference USA 7. Mount St. Mary's (2) 4-0 1370 7 Northeast Conference 8. Saint Mary's 7-1 1276 13 West Coast Conference 9. Kent State 6-1 1178 14 Mid-American Conference 10. Green Bay 6-1 1069 18 Horizon League 11. Hofstra 5-1 1027 NR Colonial Athletic Association 12. Boise State 4-1 919 16 Western Athletic Conference 13. New Mexico 5-1 898 24 Mountain West Conference 14. Charlotte 4-1 786 21 Atlantic 10 Conference 15. UTEP 4-1 774 22 Conference USA 16. Vermont 6-1 639 NR America East Conference 17. UNLV 3-1 566 19 Mountain West Conference 18. Weber State 5-1 529 23 Big Sky Conference 19. Northeastern 5-1 486 2 Colonial Athletic Association 20. Fresno State 4-1 466 NR Western Athletic Conference 21. Lipscomb 4-1 356 10 Atlantic Sun Conference 22. Mercer 4-1 309 NR Atlantic Sun Conference 23. Marist 4-1 284 NR Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 24. VCU 3-1 255 NR Colonial Athletic Association 25. Texas-San Antonio 3-1 163 NR Southland Conference Others Receiving Votes: Creighton 6-2 129 Missouri Valley Conference Pacific 4-1 113 Big West Conference Texas Southern 1-1 81 Southwestern Athletic Conference Belmont 3-1 68 Atlantic Sun Conference Southern Utah 4-1 61 Summit League Middle Tennessee 2-1 58 Sun Belt Conference

Right now Charlotte and UTEP are the saving graces of our FOFC teams. Otherwise, it's ugly.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:34 PM   #284
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Dec. 5-11, 2016

3 feature games to talk about this week, and let's take a look at them.

12/5/16- Charlotte (Timmy Tribble) @ Davidson (Randolph Childress) -- An interesting one here, as Davidson dominated the shooting percentages, but Charlotte made just a few more free throws and three pointers to keep Davidson on a slide.

Final Score: Charlotte- 86, Davidson- 82

12/5/16- High Point (Roy Rogers) @ Monmouth (Thomas Carrano) -- Monmouth took advantage of 20 High Point turnovers and made 9 more shots, despite being outscored 20-8 at the line. The Hawks get their first win of the season.

Final Score: Monmouth- 69, High Point- 58

12/6/16- Louisville (Kuji Chagulia) @ Wright State (Shane Korme) -- The fact that Wright State was even in this game was a bit shocking, but to see how even the teams actually were tells you how much Louisville has fallen since their national championship run a few seasons ago. That fall continues in this game.

Final Score: Wright State- 81, Louisville- 79

Now a look at the other games:

12/8/16 at St. Johns (L 44-31).
12/10/16 at Rutgers (W 83-76).

Maine (Cillian O'Reilly)

12/6/16 at Wichita State (W 87-59).
12/10/16 at Hofstra (W 102-87).

12/5/16 at Davidson- feature game, highlighted above.
12/7/16 vs. South Carolina (L 52-48).

12/9/16 at NJIT (W 83-72).

Colorado (Rob Nielsen)

12/7/16 vs. Utah (W 83-73).

12/6/16 at Wright State- feature game, highlighted above.

12/6/16 at Purdue (L 102-94).
12/10/16 vs. Butler (W 73-65).

High Point (Roy Rogers)

12/5/16 at Monmouth- feature game, highlighted above.
12/10/16 vs. Middle Tennessee (L 64-58).

12/5/16 vs. Lafayette (W 77-54).
12/7/16 at James Madison (W 86-81).

12/6/16 vs. Green Bay (L 83-49).
12/8/16 at Santa Clara (L 68-60).
12/10/16 vs. VCU (W 61-59).

UTEP (Jeeber Mack)

12/10/16 vs. New Mexico State (L 71-69).

12/6/16 vs. Louisville- feature game, highlighted above.
12/6/16 vs. Toledo (L 57-56).

12/5/16 at Detroit (L 76-64).
12/10/16 at Illinois State (W 75-45).

12/5/16 vs. Navy (W 63-48).
12/9/16 at William & Mary (W 78-66).
12/11/16 at N.C. State (W 102-81).

Evansville (Ekeje Bafou)

12/5/16 at #15 Kentucky (L 78-67).
12/9/16 at #2 Ole Miss (L 70-59).

Bryant (Score Galore)

12/8/16 vs. Miami (W 84-76).

12/5/16 vs. High Point- feature game, highlighted above.
12/8/16 at #13 Maryland (L 71-49).
12/11/16 at Binghamton (W 69-62).

UCLA (Patrick Hutt)

12/6/16 vs. Northwestern (W 60-38).
12/6/16 at UC Davis (W 71-49).

12/5/16 vs. Charlotte- feature game, highlighted above.
12/9/16 at #5 Michigan State (L 80-64).

Troy (Brett Hawkins)

12/9/16 at Vanderbilt (L 78-62).

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn)

12/6/16 at North Dakota State (W 74-58).
12/8/16 vs. Wyoming (L 69-36).

12/6/16 at Santa Clara (W 85-76).
12/8/16 at Weber State (L 88-77).

Code:
Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Villanova (70) 7-0 1798 1 Big East Conference 2. Mississippi 9-0 1685 2 Southeastern Conference 3. Texas (2) 10-0 1663 4 Big 12 Conference 4. Kansas 9-0 1622 3 Big 12 Conference 5. Michigan State 8-1 1488 5 Big Ten Conference 6. Duke 9-1 1424 6 Atlantic Coast Conference 7. Georgetown 8-0 1336 7 Big East Conference 8. Missouri 7-0 1287 9 Big 12 Conference 9. Oklahoma State 7-1 1251 11 Big 12 Conference 10. Marquette 8-0 1063 12 Big East Conference 11. Kentucky 7-1 1005 15 Southeastern Conference 12. Maryland 8-1 964 13 Atlantic Coast Conference 13. Alabama 7-0 958 14 Southeastern Conference 14. Indiana 7-0 845 18 Big Ten Conference 15. Saint Louis 7-0 791 20 Atlantic 10 Conference 16. North Carolina 6-1 789 8 Atlantic Coast Conference 17. Virginia Tech 5-0 623 19 Atlantic Coast Conference 18. Syracuse 5-1 589 NR Big East Conference 19. Stanford 7-1 467 10 Pacific-10 Conference 20. Central Florida 8-1 423 NR Conference USA 21. Arizona 5-1 347 24 Pacific-10 Conference 22. Clemson 7-1 144 NR Atlantic Coast Conference 23. West Virginia 6-1 118 NR Big East Conference 24. Minnesota 8-1 110 NR Big Ten Conference 25. Baylor 8-1 86 NR Big 12 Conference Others Receiving Votes: Kent State 7-1 77 Mid-American Conference Pittsburgh 6-2 68 Big East Conference Saint Mary's 7-1 67 West Coast Conference Purdue 6-1 58 Big Ten Conference Green Bay 8-1 44 Horizon League St. John's 7-1 42 Big East Conference Vanderbilt 7-1 32 Southeastern Conference UNLV 6-1 31 Mountain West Conference Florida 5-2 28 Southeastern Conference Boston College 6-1 16 Atlantic Coast Conference South Florida 5-1 15 Big East Conference New Mexico 6-1 12 Mountain West Conference Ohio State 7-2 9 Big Ten Conference Vermont 7-1 9 America East Conference Fresno State 6-1 7 Western Athletic Conference Belmont 5-1 4 Atlantic Sun Conference DePaul 6-1 3 Big East Conference Iowa 5-1 2 Big Ten Conference

Good to see BC receiving some votes in the coaches poll.

Code:
Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Saint Louis (65) 7-0 1793 2 Atlantic 10 Conference 2. Central Florida (7) 8-1 1712 6 Conference USA 3. Saint Mary's 7-1 1588 8 West Coast Conference 4. UNLV 6-1 1578 17 Mountain West Conference 5. Green Bay 8-1 1484 10 Horizon League 6. Kent State 7-1 1474 9 Mid-American Conference 7. New Mexico 6-1 1355 13 Mountain West Conference 8. Fresno State 6-1 1277 20 Western Athletic Conference 9. Vermont 7-1 1255 16 America East Conference 10. Belmont 5-1 1132 NR Atlantic Sun Conference 11. St. Peter's 5-1 1118 4 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 12. Pacific 5-1 1027 NR Big West Conference 13. Mount St. Mary's 4-1 900 7 Northeast Conference 14. Fairfield 6-2 647 1 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 15. UAB 6-2 576 NR Conference USA 16. Boise State 5-2 565 12 Western Athletic Conference 17. Tulsa 6-2 449 NR Conference USA 18. Hofstra 6-2 448 11 Colonial Athletic Association 19. Weber State 7-2 416 18 Big Sky Conference 20. Mercer 6-2 259 22 Atlantic Sun Conference 21. Rider 5-2 233 NR Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 22. Rhode Island 7-2 219 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 23. UC Santa Barbara 5-2 187 NR Big West Conference 24. Cleveland State 5-2 162 NR Horizon League 25. Charlotte 5-2 159 14 Atlantic 10 Conference Others Receiving Votes: Cal State Northridge 5-2 156 Big West Conference George Washington 6-2 128 Atlantic 10 Conference Sam Houston State 6-2 118 Southland Conference Bowling Green 5-2 113 Mid-American Conference Houston 4-2 99 Conference USA UTEP 4-2 98 Conference USA Valparaiso 3-2 79 Horizon League Gonzaga 5-2 67 Western Athletic Conference Drexel 6-2 66 Colonial Athletic Association Duquesne 6-2 60 Atlantic 10 Conference Cal State Fullerton 5-2 56 Big West Conference Marist 5-2 48 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference VCU 4-2 45 Colonial Athletic Association Northeastern 6-2 39 Colonial Athletic Association Middle Tennessee 3-2 32 Sun Belt Conference Ball State 4-2 27 Mid-American Conference St. Bonaventure 5-2 25 Atlantic 10 Conference Louisiana Tech 3-2 24 Western Athletic Conference Norfolk State 4-2 23 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Southern Utah 5-2 21 Summit League Montana 3-2 17 Big Sky Conference Texas Southern 3-2 16 Southwestern Athletic Conference Wagner 5-2 16 Northeast Conference Dartmouth 4-2 9 Ivy League Winthrop 4-2 5 Atlantic Sun Conference

So UTEP falls out of the mid-major top 25, while Charlotte barely remains in. Norfolk State receives some votes, good for Ms. Carrano, who is doing quite well as the first ever female FOFC coach.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:20 PM   #285
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Dec. 12-18, 2016

2 feature games this week to tell you about, and let's get to them.

12/16/16- Hartford (David Ginsberg) @ Bryant (Score Galore) -- Only 1 lone three pointer separated these 2 teams, 1 lousy point. A very even game in which it wasn't decided until the final buzzer.

Final Score: Bryant- 74, Hartford- 73

12/18/16- Penn State (Tim Sheppard) @ Norfolk State (Payten Carrano) -- Total domination in this one, but not from the team you'd expect. Penn State shot just 28.8% while Norfolk State shot 46%, leading to a run away victory.

Final Score: Norfolk State- 74, Penn State- 53

Now to the rest of the games:

12/12/16 at UMass (W 82-69).
12/16/16 vs. Bryant- feature game, highlighted above.
12/18/16 vs. Holy Cross (L 98-89).

Maine (Cillian O'Reilly)

12/15/16 at Niagara (L 82-73).
12/18/16 vs. St. Bonaventure (L 70-64).

12/16/16 at Wisconsin (W 79-71).
12/18/16 vs. UNC Wilmington (W 76-73).

12/14/16 vs. Hofstra (W 81-76).
12/17/16 vs. Siena (L 93-90).

Colorado (Rob Nielsen)

12/12/16 vs. Air Force (L 93-80).
12/15/16 at Utah State (L 82-77).
12/18/16 vs. Colorado State (W 88-80).

12/12/16 vs. Cleveland State (L 82-76).

12/13/16 vs. Bradley (W 90-82).
12/16/16 vs. Ohio State (L 94-61).

High Point (Roy Rogers)

12/14/16 at #17 Virginia Tech (L 79-46).
12/16/16 at VCU (L 75-67).

12/12/16 at Dayton (W 91-83).
12/14/16 vs. Loyola-Maryland (L 63-62).
12/16/16 at Temple (W 100-93).
12/18/16 at Norfolk State- feature game, highlighted above.

12/13/16 at Fresno State (L 76-68).

UTEP (Jeeber Mack)

12/14/16 at Wyoming (L 60-59).
12/16/16 at Louisiana Tech (W 70-31).

12/14/16 at Dayton (L 111-78).
12/17/16 vs. Western Carolina (W 80-63).

12/15/16 at Illinois-Chicago (W 73-69).

12/16/16 at UNC Wilmington (L 79-78, OT).
12/18/16 vs. Penn State- feature game, highlighted above.

Evansville (Ekeje Bafou)

12/17/16- Rainbow Invitational First Round vs. (2) St. Johns (L 58-56).
12/18/16- Rainbow Invitational Consolation Semifinal vs. (6) Loyola Marymount (W 73-51).

Bryant (Score Galore)

12/16/16- feature game, highlighted above.

12/15/16 at Tennessee State (W 73-69).

UCLA (Patrick Hutt)

12/15/16 vs. Old Dominion (W 78-61).

Randolph Childress (Davidson)

12/17/16- Rainbow Invitational First Round vs. (6) Loyola Marymount (W 76-59).
12/18/16- Rainbow Invitational Semifinals vs. (2) St. Johns (L 75-71).

Troy (Brett Hawkins)

12/12/16 at Utah (L 68-60).
12/17/16 at McNeese State (W 71-63).

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn)

12/13/16 vs. Rutgers (L 83-75).
12/16/16 vs. Northern Arizona (W 85-61).
12/18/16 at DePaul (L 74-66).

12/13/16 at Oregon (W 81-70).
12/17/16 at Cal St. Fullerton (W 58-57).

Code:
Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Villanova (66) 9-0 1794 1 Big East Conference 2. Texas (6) 12-0 1729 3 Big 12 Conference 3. Kansas 12-0 1653 4 Big 12 Conference 4. Mississippi 10-0 1591 2 Southeastern Conference 5. Michigan State 9-1 1500 5 Big Ten Conference 6. Duke 10-1 1441 6 Atlantic Coast Conference 7. Missouri 8-0 1329 8 Big 12 Conference 8. Oklahoma State 8-1 1310 9 Big 12 Conference 9. Kentucky 8-1 1134 11 Southeastern Conference 10. Alabama 8-0 1110 13 Southeastern Conference 11. Marquette 8-0 1081 10 Big East Conference 12. Georgetown 8-1 1044 7 Big East Conference 13. Indiana 9-0 993 14 Big Ten Conference 14. Syracuse 7-1 856 18 Big East Conference 15. Central Florida 9-1 794 20 Conference USA 16. West Virginia 8-1 565 23 Big East Conference 17. Kent State 9-1 536 NR Mid-American Conference 18. Vanderbilt 9-1 394 NR Southeastern Conference 19. Maryland 9-2 391 12 Atlantic Coast Conference 20. UNLV 8-1 353 NR Mountain West Conference 21. St. John's 9-1 330 NR Big East Conference 22. North Carolina 7-2 279 16 Atlantic Coast Conference 23. Minnesota 9-1 254 24 Big Ten Conference 24. Purdue 7-1 248 NR Big Ten Conference 25. Ohio State 8-2 203 NR Big Ten Conference Others Receiving Votes: Saint Mary's 8-1 121 West Coast Conference Saint Louis 7-1 82 Atlantic 10 Conference Fresno State 8-1 68 Western Athletic Conference New Mexico 8-1 59 Mountain West Conference DePaul 7-1 54 Big East Conference Virginia Tech 7-1 50 Atlantic Coast Conference Southern California 6-2 48 Pacific-10 Conference Arizona 7-2 6 Pacific-10 Conference

Somehow UCLA lost all their votes in the coaches poll this week.

Code:
Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Central Florida (54) 9-1 1774 2 Conference USA 2. UNLV (5) 8-1 1702 4 Mountain West Conference 3. Kent State (12) 9-1 1664 6 Mid-American Conference 4. Saint Mary's (1) 8-1 1584 3 West Coast Conference 5. Saint Louis 7-1 1499 1 Atlantic 10 Conference 6. New Mexico 8-1 1478 7 Mountain West Conference 7. Fresno State 8-1 1387 8 Western Athletic Conference 8. Green Bay 9-2 1196 5 Horizon League 9. Charlotte 7-2 1159 25 Atlantic 10 Conference 10. George Washington 8-2 1100 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 11. Cleveland State 7-2 1032 24 Horizon League 12. Cal State Northridge 7-2 983 NR Big West Conference 13. UC Santa Barbara 6-2 878 23 Big West Conference 14. Northeastern 8-2 823 NR Colonial Athletic Association 15. Valparaiso 5-2 756 NR Horizon League 16. Rhode Island 7-2 720 22 Atlantic 10 Conference 17. Gonzaga 6-2 705 NR Western Athletic Conference 18. Vermont 7-2 542 9 America East Conference 19. Middle Tennessee 5-2 525 NR Sun Belt Conference 20. Pacific 7-2 515 12 Big West Conference 21. Sam Houston State 6-2 416 NR Southland Conference 22. Belmont 6-2 390 10 Atlantic Sun Conference 23. Winthrop 6-2 248 NR Atlantic Sun Conference 24. Montana 4-2 184 NR Big Sky Conference 25. La Salle 7-3 52 NR Atlantic 10 Conference Others Receiving Votes: Indiana State 6-3 44 Missouri Valley Conference IUPUI 7-3 17 Summit League Boise State 6-3 12 Western Athletic Conference Tulane 7-3 6 Conference USA Fairfield 6-3 4 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Coppin State 6-3 3 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Drexel 7-3 1 Colonial Athletic Association Marist 6-3 1 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference

Huge jump in the mid-major poll for Charlotte after a 3-0 week. UTEP and Norfolk State lose their votes.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:41 PM   #286
Grover
Pro Starter

CHARLOTTE!

In other news, Maine is looking terrible.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:49 PM   #287
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Dec. 19-25, 2016

2 feature games this week, so let's get to it.

12/20/16- Monmouth (Thomas Carrano) @ Louisville (Kuji Chagulia) -- Not a well played game by any means, as neither team could get over 40% shooting. The only good thing is that there were only 19 turnovers combined. In the end, Louisville played just well enough to survive.

Final Score: Louisville- 66, Monmouth- 57

12/21/16- Penn State (Tim Sheppard) @ Boston College (Alex Donovan) -- This game was an absolute foul fest, as 3 players fouled out and 4 other players had 4 fouls. A combined 87, yes you heard me, 87 free throws were attempted. The problem for Penn State was that they were just 26-56 from the line. Dismal. A few more makes and they might have won this game.

Final Score: Boston College- 83, Penn State- 65

Here are the rest of the weeks results:

12/22/16 at Harvard (L 77-72).
12/25/16 vs. Stony Brook (W 66-64).

Maine (Cillian O'Reilly)

12/22/16 vs. Holy Cross (W 80-78).
12/25/16 vs. Albany (W 65-55).

12/22/16 at George Mason (W 87-66).

12/21/16 vs. Penn State- feature game, highlighted above.
12/23/16 vs. Northeastern (W 96-77).

Colorado (Rob Nielsen)

12/20/16 vs. TCU (L 79-65).

12/20/16 vs. Monmouth- feature game, highlighted above.

12/22/16 at Army (W 94-93, OT).
12/24/16 vs. Iowa State (L 82-62).

High Point (Roy Rogers)

12/22/16 vs. Charleston Southern (W 75-74).
12/24/16 vs. Coastal Carolina (L 76-67).

12/21/16 at Boston College- feature game, highlighted above.

12/24/16 at California (W 63-58).

UTEP (Jeeber Mack)

12/23/16- San Juan Classic First Round vs. (5) Baylor (L 83-70).
12/24/16- San Juan Classic Consolation Semifinals vs. (8) American (L 73-70).
12/25/16- San Juan Classic 7th place game vs. (6) Fresno State (W 72-68).

12/22/16 vs. Illinois-Chicago (L 66-57).
12/24/16 vs. Loyola-IL (W 82-72).

12/19/16 at Green Bay (L 71-52).
12/21/16 at UMass (L 76-56).

12/23/16 at Virginia (L 90-76).

Evansville (Ekeje Bafou)

12/19/16- Rainbow Invitational 5th place game vs. (8) Alabama State (W 79-68).
12/24/16 vs. Bradley (L 77-68).

Bryant (Score Galore)

12/21/16 vs. #2 Texas (L 78-60).
12/23/16 at Fordham (L 64-56).

12/20/16 at Louisville- feature game, highlighted above.
12/24/16 at #14 Syracuse (L 79-75).

UCLA (Patrick Hutt)

12/24/16 at Utah (W 77-45).

12/19/16- Rainbow Invitational 3rd place game vs. (4) Austin Peay (W 75-69).

Troy (Brett Hawkins)

12/22/16 vs. New Orleans (W 72-61).
12/24/16 at South Alabama (L 60-52).

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn)

12/24/16 at Kansas State (L 78-71).

No games this week.

Code:
Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Texas (61) 13-0 1789 2 Big 12 Conference 2. Villanova (11) 10-1 1695 1 Big East Conference 3. Kansas 13-0 1667 3 Big 12 Conference 4. Mississippi 10-0 1616 4 Southeastern Conference 5. Michigan State 11-1 1505 5 Big Ten Conference 6. Oklahoma State 10-1 1376 8 Big 12 Conference 7. Georgetown 11-1 1369 12 Big East Conference 8. Missouri 10-0 1321 7 Big 12 Conference 9. Alabama 11-0 1204 10 Southeastern Conference 10. Duke 11-2 1194 6 Atlantic Coast Conference 11. Syracuse 8-1 1032 14 Big East Conference 12. Central Florida 11-1 1027 15 Conference USA 13. Kent State 11-1 830 17 Mid-American Conference 14. St. John's 11-1 777 21 Big East Conference 15. Maryland 11-2 756 19 Atlantic Coast Conference 16. Minnesota 11-1 673 23 Big Ten Conference 17. Marquette 9-1 634 11 Big East Conference 18. North Carolina 8-2 592 22 Atlantic Coast Conference 19. Purdue 9-1 534 24 Big Ten Conference 20. New Mexico 9-1 389 NR Mountain West Conference 21. Virginia Tech 8-1 352 NR Atlantic Coast Conference 22. Arizona 8-2 328 NR Pacific-10 Conference 23. Ohio State 9-3 309 25 Big Ten Conference 24. Saint Louis 7-1 206 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 25. UCLA 8-2 96 NR Pacific-10 Conference Others Receiving Votes: Baylor 11-2 43 Big 12 Conference West Virginia 10-2 31 Big East Conference Stanford 7-2 18 Pacific-10 Conference Kentucky 9-3 9 Southeastern Conference Vanderbilt 9-2 9 Southeastern Conference Boston College 9-2 8 Atlantic Coast Conference Indiana 9-2 5 Big Ten Conference Charlotte 8-2 2 Atlantic 10 Conference UNLV 9-2 2 Mountain West Conference Valparaiso 7-2 2 Horizon League

UCLA is back in the coaches top 25, and let's welcome Boston College and Charlotte to the mix, both are receiving votes.

Code:
Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Central Florida (63) 11-1 1791 1 Conference USA 2. Kent State (9) 11-1 1732 3 Mid-American Conference 3. New Mexico 9-1 1647 6 Mountain West Conference 4. Saint Louis 7-1 1586 5 Atlantic 10 Conference 5. UNLV 9-2 1489 2 Mountain West Conference 6. Saint Mary's 9-2 1401 4 West Coast Conference 7. Charlotte 8-2 1357 9 Atlantic 10 Conference 8. UC Santa Barbara 8-2 1263 13 Big West Conference 9. Valparaiso 7-2 1175 15 Horizon League 10. Gonzaga 8-2 1158 17 Western Athletic Conference 11. Cal State Northridge 8-2 1127 12 Big West Conference 12. Rhode Island 8-2 1001 16 Atlantic 10 Conference 13. Pacific 9-2 943 20 Big West Conference 14. Vermont 8-2 896 18 America East Conference 15. George Washington 10-3 770 10 Atlantic 10 Conference 16. La Salle 9-3 650 25 Atlantic 10 Conference 17. Green Bay 10-3 639 8 Horizon League 18. IUPUI 8-3 557 NR Summit League 19. Boise State 7-3 439 NR Western Athletic Conference 20. Tulsa 7-3 374 NR Conference USA 21. UL-Lafayette 8-3 284 NR Sun Belt Conference 22. Bowling Green 7-3 238 NR Mid-American Conference 23. Drexel 8-3 197 NR Colonial Athletic Association 24. Northeastern 8-3 121 14 Colonial Athletic Association 25. Southern Illinois 7-3 120 NR Missouri Valley Conference Others Receiving Votes: VCU 7-3 91 Colonial Athletic Association Dartmouth 6-3 56 Ivy League Texas Christian 6-3 52 Mountain West Conference Belmont 7-3 40 Atlantic Sun Conference Pepperdine 7-3 40 West Coast Conference Wagner 7-3 39 Northeast Conference Mount St. Mary's 8-3 35 Northeast Conference Montana 5-3 33 Big Sky Conference Sam Houston State 7-3 32 Southland Conference Winthrop 7-3 24 Atlantic Sun Conference Texas Southern 5-3 3 Southwestern Athletic Conference

Charlotte moves up 2 spots in the mid-major poll and right now they are the saviors of all the FOFC mid-major teams.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:10 AM   #288
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Dec. 26, 2016-Jan. 1, 2017

1 feature game this week, and it's a Northeast showdown.

12/31/16- Bryant (Score Galore) @ Monmouth (Thomas Carrano) -- This was an ugly game shooting wise, as neither team could get going. The biggest difference came in turnovers, as Monmouth had 16 while Bryant only had 6. This led to the Bulldogs getting a big conference win early on.

Final Score: Bryant- 72, Monmouth- 65

Now for the rest of the weekly recap:

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 6-8, 2-1 America East.

12/28/16 at New Hampshire (W 63-55).
1/1/17 at UMBC (L 73-54).

Maine (Cillian O'Reilly) -- 7-7, 1-1 America East.

12/27/16 at Cornell (W 88-79).
1/1/17 at Stony Brook (L 73-65).

Charlotte (Timmy Tribble) -- 9-3, 0-0 Atlantic 10.

12/26/16 at #21 Virginia Tech (L 78-68).
12/30/16 vs. N.C. State (W 71-50).

Boston College (Alex Donovan) -- 10-3, 0-0 ACC.

12/26/16 at Lehigh (L 100-96).
12/29/16 vs. Providence (W 104-103, OT).

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 4-8, 0-0 Big 12.

12/27/16 vs. Oral Roberts (W 76-54).
12/30/16 at Miami (OH) (L 82-73).

Louisville (Kuji Chagulia) -- 6-5, 0-0 Big East.

No games this week.

Notre Dame (Ernesto Lopez) -- 5-7, 0-0 Big East.

12/29/16 at Chicago State (W 81-73).

High Point (Roy Rogers) -- 7-7, 3-1 Big South.

12/29/16 at VMI (W 89-52).
12/31/16 at Liberty (W 67-43).

Penn State (Tim Sheppard) -- 8-5, 2-0 Big 10.

12/28/16 vs. Northwestern (W 56-45).
12/31/16 at Michigan (W 75-65).

Cal Poly (DeShawn St. John) -- 2-9, 0-0 Big West.

12/26/16 at San Jose State (L 63-58).
12/31/16 at San Diego State (L 92-89).

UTEP (Jeeber Mack) -- 7-5, 0-0 Conference USA.

1/1/17 vs. Holy Cross (W 78-59).

Wright State (Shane Korme) -- 7-7, 2-2 Horizon.

12/29/16 at Milwaukee (W 91-79).
12/31/16 at Green Bay (L 67-55).

Central Michigan (Cannon Pace) -- 5-7, 0-0 MAC.

12/27/16 at Marshall (W 48-38).
12/31/16 vs. Tennessee (L 93-48).

Norfolk State (Payten Carrano) -- 6-4, 1-0 MEAC.

12/31/16 vs. Delaware State (W 76-67).

Evansville (Ekeje Bafou) -- 6-9, 2-1 MVC.

12/29/16 vs. Illinois State (W 74-65).
12/31/16 vs. Indiana State (W 82-69)

Bryant (Score Galore) -- 5-8, 2-0 Northeast.

12/28/16 at St. Francis-PA (W 82-69).
12/31/16 at Monmouth- feature game, highlighted above.

Monmouth (Thomas Carrano) - 4-8, 1-1 Northeast.

12/28/16 at St. Francis-NY (W 69-61).
12/31/16 vs. Bryant- feature game, highlighted above.

#25 UCLA (Patrick Hutt) -- 9-3, 1-1 Pac 10.

12/29/16 vs. #22 Arizona (L 72-58).
12/31/16 vs. Arizona State (W 66-58).

Davidson (Randolph Childress) -- 6-8, 1-1 Southern.

12/28/16 at Georgia Southern (L 77-68).
12/31/16 vs. Wofford (W 83-57).

Troy (Brett Hawkins) -- 8-6, 3-1 Sun Belt.

12/29/16 at Western Kentucky (W 76-63).
12/31/16 vs. North Texas (W 69-52).

A quick note, Brett has already lead the Trojans to as many conference wins as they had last season, as Troy was 3-15 in Sun Belt play last season, and 9-22 overall.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 6-7, 0-0 WAC.

12/29/16 at Nebraska (W 88-67).

Oregon State (Jawouk Bafou) -- 7-6, 0-0 WAC.

12/26/16 vs. Portland (W 104-66).
12/28/16 at Seattle (W 74-61).

Code:
Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Texas (47) 14-0 1774 1 Big 12 Conference 2. Kansas 14-0 1685 3 Big 12 Conference 3. Villanova (21) 12-1 1682 2 Big East Conference 4. Mississippi (4) 12-0 1627 4 Southeastern Conference 5. Oklahoma State 12-1 1463 6 Big 12 Conference 6. Michigan State 13-1 1434 5 Big Ten Conference 7. Georgetown 11-1 1363 7 Big East Conference 8. Alabama 13-0 1351 9 Southeastern Conference 9. Missouri 11-1 1203 8 Big 12 Conference 10. Duke 12-3 1014 10 Atlantic Coast Conference 11. Maryland 12-2 946 15 Atlantic Coast Conference 12. Marquette 11-1 921 17 Big East Conference 13. Minnesota 13-1 895 16 Big Ten Conference 14. North Carolina 10-2 841 18 Atlantic Coast Conference 15. Kent State 12-1 752 13 Mid-American Conference 16. Ohio State 11-3 752 23 Big Ten Conference 17. St. John's 11-1 680 14 Big East Conference 18. Arizona 10-2 654 22 Pacific-10 Conference 19. Syracuse 9-2 551 11 Big East Conference 20. Virginia Tech 10-1 495 21 Atlantic Coast Conference 21. New Mexico 10-1 415 20 Mountain West Conference 22. Central Florida 12-2 350 12 Conference USA 23. Stanford 9-2 199 NR Pacific-10 Conference 24. Purdue 11-2 109 19 Big Ten Conference 25. UNLV 11-2 95 NR Mountain West Conference Others Receiving Votes: Kentucky 9-3 54 Southeastern Conference Baylor 11-2 45 Big 12 Conference West Virginia 10-2 22 Big East Conference Vanderbilt 10-2 16 Southeastern Conference Valparaiso 9-2 7 Horizon League Gonzaga 10-2 4 Western Athletic Conference South Florida 8-2 1 Big East Conference

Amazing that UCLA lost all their votes in the coaches poll after 1 lousy loss. Pretty ridiculous in my opinion.

Code:
Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Kent State (59) 12-1 1787 2 Mid-American Conference 2. Central Florida (8) 12-2 1699 1 Conference USA 3. New Mexico (5) 10-1 1685 3 Mountain West Conference 4. UNLV 11-2 1574 5 Mountain West Conference 5. Valparaiso 9-2 1496 9 Horizon League 6. Gonzaga 10-2 1434 10 Western Athletic Conference 7. Saint Louis 8-2 1368 4 Atlantic 10 Conference 8. Pacific 10-2 1277 13 Big West Conference 9. Charlotte 9-3 1120 7 Atlantic 10 Conference 10. George Washington 10-3 1107 15 Atlantic 10 Conference 11. Saint Mary's 10-3 1088 6 West Coast Conference 12. Boise State 9-3 958 19 Western Athletic Conference 13. IUPUI 10-3 933 18 Summit League 14. UC Santa Barbara 9-3 840 8 Big West Conference 15. Drexel 10-3 747 23 Colonial Athletic Association 16. VCU 9-3 710 NR Colonial Athletic Association 17. Bowling Green 8-3 664 22 Mid-American Conference 18. Tulsa 7-3 562 20 Conference USA 19. Rhode Island 9-3 485 12 Atlantic 10 Conference 20. Texas Christian 8-3 424 NR Mountain West Conference 21. Belmont 9-3 362 NR Atlantic Sun Conference 22. Montana 7-3 289 NR Big Sky Conference 23. Vermont 8-3 200 14 America East Conference 24. Sam Houston State 8-3 181 NR Southland Conference 25. Butler 11-4 108 NR Horizon League Others Receiving Votes: San Diego 10-4 69 West Coast Conference UAB 10-4 68 Conference USA La Salle 10-4 48 Atlantic 10 Conference Texas Southern 7-3 44 Southwestern Athletic Conference Green Bay 11-4 36 Horizon League Mercer 10-4 16 Atlantic Sun Conference Northeastern 9-4 7 Colonial Athletic Association Weber State 9-4 4 Big Sky Conference Wyoming 8-4 4 Mountain West Conference Dartmouth 7-4 2 Ivy League Lehigh 10-4 2 Patriot League UL-Lafayette 9-4 2 Sun Belt Conference

Charlotte drops 2 spots in the mid-major poll, but are still doing well.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:01 PM   #289
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Jan. 2-8, 2017

1 feature game to talk about this week, and it's in the America East.

1/4/17- Maine (Cillian O'Reilly) @ Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- Not much separated these 2 teams tonight, but a 6-0 run to end the game gave the Hawks the win.

Final Score: Hartford- 78, Maine- 75

And the rest of the weekly recap:

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 8-8, 4-1 America East.

1/4/17 vs. Maine- feature game, highlighted above.
1/8/17 vs. Binghamton (W 85-68).

Maine (Cillian O'Reilly) -- 7-9, 1-3 America East.

1/4/17 at Hartford- feature game, highlighted above.
1/8/17 vs. Vermont (L 94-81).

Charlotte (Timmy Tribble) -- 11-3, 0-0 Atlantic 10.

1/2/17 at Austin Peay (W 93-91, OT).
1/7/17 vs. Tennessee (W 99-90).

Boston College (Alex Donovan) -- 11-3, 0-0 ACC.

1/5/17 vs. UMass (W 83-62).

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 6-8, 0-0 Big 12.

1/4/17 vs. Utah Valley (W 94-73).
1/7/17 at Xavier (W 80-69).

Louisville (Kuji Chagulia) -- 6-7, 0-2 Big East.

1/4/17 at Rutgers (L 71-69).
1/7/17 vs. South Florida (L 77-68).

Notre Dame (Ernesto Lopez) -- 6-8, 1-1 Big East.

1/4/17 vs. Providence (W 91-83).
1/7/17 at #7 Georgetown (L 103-83).

High Point (Roy Rogers) -- 8-8, 4-2 Big South.

1/5/17 vs. UNC Asheville (L 56-45).
1/7/17 vs. Gardner Webb (W 62-55).

Penn State (Tim Sheppard) -- 8-7, 2-2 Big 10.

1/4/17 at #16 Ohio State (L 70-53).
1/7/17 vs. Iowa (L 67-52).

Cal Poly (DeShawn St. John) -- 2-11, 0-2 Big West.

1/5/17 at UC Santa Barbara (L 78-65).
1/7/17 vs. Pacific (L 83-70).

UTEP (Jeeber Mack) -- 9-5, 0-0 Conference USA.

1/3/17 at South Dakota State (W 80-61).
1/7/17 at Cal State Bakersfield (W 76-55).

Wright State (Shane Korme) -- 8-8, 2-3 Horizon.

1/3/17 vs. Western Michigan (W 105-99).
1/7/17 at Detroit (L 88-76).

Central Michigan (Cannon Pace) -- 6-8, 1-0 MAC.

1/5/17 vs. Duquesne (L 60-56).
1/7/17 vs. Northern Illinois (W 72-65).

Norfolk State (Payten Carrano) -- 8-4, 3-0 MEAC.

1/2/17 at Morgan State (W 89-66).
1/7/17 vs. Howard (W 79-73).

Evansville (Ekeje Bafou) -- 7-10, 3-2 MVC.

1/5/17 at Drake (W 75-67).
1/7/17 at Southern Illinois (L 79-71).

Bryant (Score Galore) -- 6-9, 3-1 Northeast.

1/4/17 vs. Sacred Heart (W 81-66).
1/7/17 vs. St. Francis-NY (L 58-57, OT).

Monmouth (Thomas Carrano) -- 5-9, 2-2 Northeast.

1/4/17 vs. Quinnipiac (W 74-68).
1/7/17 at Long Island (L 57-49).

UCLA (Patrick Hutt) -- 10-4, 2-2 Pac 10.

1/5/17 at #23 Stanford (L 81-76).
1/7/17 at California (W 73-59).

Davidson (Randolph Childress) -- 6-10, 1-3 Southern.

1/4/17 at Elon (L 84-79).
1/7/17 vs. UNC Greensboro (L 69-44).

Troy (Brett Hawkins) -- 9-7, 4-2 Sun Belt.

1/5/17 at Middle Tennessee (L 74-66).
1/7/17 vs. College of Charleston (W 75-67).

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 7-7, 1-0 WAC.

1/7/17 vs. Louisiana Tech (W 87-85).

Oregon State (Jawouk Bafou) -- 7-8, 0-2 WAC.

1/2/17 vs. Fresno State (L 70-63).
1/7/17 at Nevada (L 96-63).

Code:
Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Texas (46) 16-0 1772 1 Big 12 Conference 2. Villanova (22) 14-1 1697 3 Big East Conference 3. Mississippi (4) 15-0 1681 4 Southeastern Conference 4. Kansas 15-0 1618 2 Big 12 Conference 5. Oklahoma State 14-1 1494 5 Big 12 Conference 6. Michigan State 15-1 1438 6 Big Ten Conference 7. Georgetown 13-1 1364 7 Big East Conference 8. Alabama 14-0 1307 8 Southeastern Conference 9. Ohio State 13-3 1101 16 Big Ten Conference 10. Duke 12-3 1090 10 Atlantic Coast Conference 11. Maryland 13-2 1062 11 Atlantic Coast Conference 12. Missouri 12-1 1018 9 Big 12 Conference 13. Kent State 13-1 986 15 Mid-American Conference 14. Arizona 12-2 905 18 Pacific-10 Conference 15. Virginia Tech 12-1 818 20 Atlantic Coast Conference 16. Stanford 11-2 599 23 Pacific-10 Conference 17. St. John's 12-2 557 17 Big East Conference 18. Minnesota 13-2 534 13 Big Ten Conference 19. Syracuse 10-3 531 19 Big East Conference 20. Marquette 12-2 449 12 Big East Conference 21. North Carolina 10-3 409 14 Atlantic Coast Conference 22. Gonzaga 12-2 273 NR Western Athletic Conference 23. Connecticut 10-4 239 NR Big East Conference 24. Valparaiso 11-2 226 NR Horizon League 25. Central Florida 12-3 90 22 Conference USA Others Receiving Votes: Purdue 12-3 56 Big Ten Conference Pacific 12-2 40 Big West Conference IUPUI 12-3 10 Summit League Kentucky 10-4 9 Southeastern Conference UNLV 12-3 8 Mountain West Conference Boston College 11-3 7 Atlantic Coast Conference Charlotte 11-3 4 Atlantic 10 Conference West Virginia 11-3 4 Big East Conference Florida 9-4 2 Southeastern Conference George Washington 11-3 2 Atlantic 10 Conference

Good to see Boston College and Charlotte receiving votes, even if it's only a few.

Code:
Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Kent State (72) 13-1 1800 1 Mid-American Conference 2. Valparaiso 11-2 1689 5 Horizon League 3. Gonzaga 12-2 1655 6 Western Athletic Conference 4. Central Florida 12-3 1513 2 Conference USA 5. Charlotte 11-3 1463 9 Atlantic 10 Conference 6. UNLV 12-3 1439 4 Mountain West Conference 7. Pacific 12-2 1329 8 Big West Conference 8. George Washington 11-3 1266 10 Atlantic 10 Conference 9. IUPUI 12-3 1264 13 Summit League 10. Drexel 12-3 1116 15 Colonial Athletic Association 11. Texas Christian 10-3 1104 20 Mountain West Conference 12. Saint Louis 9-3 1005 7 Atlantic 10 Conference 13. New Mexico 10-3 913 3 Mountain West Conference 14. Rhode Island 11-3 805 19 Atlantic 10 Conference 15. Butler 13-4 798 25 Horizon League 16. Montana 9-3 751 22 Big Sky Conference 17. San Diego 12-4 624 NR West Coast Conference 18. Sam Houston State 10-3 560 24 Southland Conference 19. Saint Mary's 11-4 409 11 West Coast Conference 20. Boise State 10-4 382 12 Western Athletic Conference 21. Mercer 12-4 273 NR Atlantic Sun Conference 22. Texas Southern 9-3 233 NR Southwestern Athletic Conference 23. UAB 10-4 207 NR Conference USA 24. Wyoming 10-4 193 NR Mountain West Conference 25. La Salle 10-4 169 NR Atlantic 10 Conference Others Receiving Votes: Creighton 12-5 119 Missouri Valley Conference Fresno State 10-4 70 Western Athletic Conference Southern Illinois 10-4 62 Missouri Valley Conference Bowling Green 9-4 54 Mid-American Conference UC Santa Barbara 10-4 37 Big West Conference Belmont 10-4 24 Atlantic Sun Conference Manhattan 13-5 24 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Vermont 10-4 20 America East Conference Tulane 9-4 16 Conference USA Tulsa 8-4 11 Conference USA Elon 10-4 3 Southern Conference

Charlotte continues to be the class of the FOFC mid-majors.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:15 PM   #290
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Jan. 9-15, 2017

No feature games this week, so let's get straight into the weekly recap:

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 8-10, 4-3 America East.

1/11/17 at Vermont (L 77-67).
1/15/17 at Albany (L 93-67).

Maine (Cillian O'Reilly) -- 7-11, 1-5 America East.

1/11/17 vs. New Hampshire (L 60-59).
1/15/17 at Boston University (L 78-71).

Charlotte (Timmy Tribble) -- 12-4, 1-1 Atlantic 10.

1/11/17 at LaSalle (L 79-57).
1/14/17 vs. Richmond (W 71-62).

Boston College (Alex Donovan) -- 13-3, 2-0 ACC.

1/11/17 vs. #10 Duke (W 82-80).
1/14/17 at Miami (W 93-86).

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 6-10, 0-2 Big 12.

1/11/17 at Iowa State (L 98-71).
1/14/17 vs. #1 Texas (L 91-66).

Louisville (Kuji Chagulia) -- 6-9, 0-4 Big East.

1/11/17 vs. #17 St. Johns (L 77-63).
1/14/17 at #23 UConn (L 76-64).

Notre Dame (Ernesto Lopez) -- 6-10, 1-3 Big East.

1/11/17 vs. West Virginia (L 84-80).
1/14/17 at #20 Marquette (L 96-87).

High Point (Roy Rogers) -- 8-10, 4-4 Big South.

1/12/17 at Florida Gulf Coast (L 60-53).
1/14/17 at Presbyterian (L 74-67).

Penn State (Tim Sheppard) -- 8-9, 2-4 Big 10.

1/11/17 vs. Indiana (L 69-67).
1/14/17 at Indiana (L 76-60).

Cal Poly (DeShawn St. John) -- 2-13, 0-4 Big West.

1/12/17 at Cal State Northridge (L 65-51).
1/14/17 vs. UC Davis (L 67-66).

UTEP (Jeeber Mack) -- 11-5, 2-0 Conference USA.

1/11/17 at ECU (W 71-47).
1/14/17 at Tulane (W 89-79).

Wright State (Shane Korme) -- 9-9, 3-4 Horizon.

1/12/17 vs. #24 Valparaiso (L 89-87).
1/14/17 vs. Butler (W 68-58).

Central Michigan (Cannon Pace) -- 6-10, 1-2 MAC.

1/11/17 at #13 Kent State (L 70-64, OT).
1/14/17 vs. Eastern Michigan (L 53-48).

Norfolk State (Payten Carrano) -- 9-4, 4-0 MEAC.

1/14/17 vs. North Carolina A&T (W 73-60).

Evansville (Ekeje Bafou) -- 8-11, 4-3 MVC.

1/12/17 vs. Missouri State (L 65-49).
1/14/17 vs. Creighton (W 76-57).

Bryant (Score Galore) -- 7-10, 4-2 Northeast.

1/11/17 at Quinnipiac (L 61-60).
1/14/17 at Fairleigh Dickinson (W 100-92, OT).

Monmouth (Thomas Carrano) -- 7-9, 4-2 Northeast.

1/11/17 vs. Robert Morris (W 73-45).
1/14/17 at Quinnipiac (W 81-70).

UCLA (Patrick Hutt) -- 10-5, 2-3 Pac 10.

1/14/17 at USC (L 58-50).

Davidson (Randolph Childress) -- 7-11, 2-4 Southern.

1/11/17 vs. Citadel (W 78-71).
1/14/17 at Chattanooga (L 80-68).

Troy (Brett Hawkins) -- 10-8, 4-3 Sun Belt.

1/9/17 vs. Penn (W 69-67).
1/14/17 at Denver (L 74-67).

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 8-8, 2-1 WAC.

1/12/17 at Fresno State (L 68-59).
1/14/17 at Boise State (W 56-47).

Oregon State (Jawouk Bafou) -- 9-8, 2-2 WAC.

1/12/17 at Boise State (W 85-64).
1/14/17 vs. Louisiana Tech (W 62-55).

Code:
Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Mississippi (22) 17-0 1746 3 Southeastern Conference 2. Villanova (32) 16-1 1731 2 Big East Conference 3. Texas (18) 18-0 1707 1 Big 12 Conference 4. Kansas 16-1 1544 4 Big 12 Conference 5. Oklahoma State 16-1 1500 5 Big 12 Conference 6. Michigan State 17-1 1490 6 Big Ten Conference 7. Georgetown 15-1 1357 7 Big East Conference 8. Stanford 13-2 1188 16 Pacific-10 Conference 9. Arizona 14-2 1162 14 Pacific-10 Conference 10. Kent State 15-1 1120 13 Mid-American Conference 11. Duke 13-4 996 10 Atlantic Coast Conference 12. Minnesota 15-2 844 18 Big Ten Conference 13. Ohio State 13-4 814 9 Big Ten Conference 14. Alabama 14-2 772 8 Southeastern Conference 15. Connecticut 12-4 772 23 Big East Conference 16. St. John's 14-2 759 17 Big East Conference 17. Maryland 14-3 742 11 Atlantic Coast Conference 18. North Carolina 12-3 736 21 Atlantic Coast Conference 19. Marquette 14-2 641 20 Big East Conference 20. Missouri 13-2 514 12 Big 12 Conference 21. Kentucky 12-4 259 NR Southeastern Conference 22. Virginia Tech 13-2 255 15 Atlantic Coast Conference 23. Gonzaga 13-2 229 22 Western Athletic Conference 24. Syracuse 11-4 210 19 Big East Conference 25. Central Florida 14-3 175 25 Conference USA Others Receiving Votes: IUPUI 14-3 68 Summit League Boston College 13-3 42 Atlantic Coast Conference Valparaiso 12-3 18 Horizon League Drexel 14-3 7 Colonial Athletic Association Florida 10-5 1 Southeastern Conference Texas Christian 12-3 1 Mountain West Conference

With the split, Charlotte loses their votes in the coaches poll, but Boston College keeps moving up the ladder.

Code:
Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Kent State (71) 15-1 1799 1 Mid-American Conference 2. Central Florida (1) 14-3 1668 4 Conference USA 3. Gonzaga 13-2 1651 3 Western Athletic Conference 4. IUPUI 14-3 1574 9 Summit League 5. Valparaiso 12-3 1494 2 Horizon League 6. Drexel 14-3 1441 10 Colonial Athletic Association 7. Texas Christian 12-3 1359 11 Mountain West Conference 8. Rhode Island 13-3 1277 14 Atlantic 10 Conference 9. Charlotte 12-4 1220 5 Atlantic 10 Conference 10. San Diego 14-4 1175 17 West Coast Conference 11. George Washington 12-4 1027 8 Atlantic 10 Conference 12. UAB 12-4 982 23 Conference USA 13. La Salle 12-4 885 25 Atlantic 10 Conference 14. Texas Southern 12-3 875 22 Southwestern Athletic Conference 15. Pacific 12-3 805 7 Big West Conference 16. UC Santa Barbara 12-4 727 NR Big West Conference 17. New Mexico 11-4 673 13 Mountain West Conference 18. Tulsa 10-4 596 NR Conference USA 19. Vermont 12-4 429 NR America East Conference 20. Montana 10-4 353 16 Big Sky Conference 21. UNLV 12-5 300 6 Mountain West Conference 22. Mercer 13-5 220 21 Atlantic Sun Conference 23. Sam Houston State 11-4 193 18 Southland Conference 24. Wyoming 11-5 159 24 Mountain West Conference 25. UTEP 11-5 126 NR Conference USA Others Receiving Votes: Fresno State 11-5 76 Western Athletic Conference Texas-San Antonio 11-4 60 Southland Conference Northeastern 12-5 44 Colonial Athletic Association Middle Tennessee 11-5 40 Sun Belt Conference Saint Louis 9-5 29 Atlantic 10 Conference Manhattan 14-6 28 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference San Diego State 10-5 24 Mountain West Conference Bowling Green 10-5 22 Mid-American Conference Southern Illinois 11-5 21 Missouri Valley Conference Norfolk State 9-4 20 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Belmont 11-5 9 Atlantic Sun Conference Butler 13-6 7 Horizon League Chattanooga 12-5 7 Southern Conference Detroit 11-6 4 Horizon League Rider 11-6 1 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference

Charlotte moves down 4 spots in the mid-major poll, and welcome back UTEP. Here's hoping it isn't a short stay.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:21 AM   #291
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

You know who won't be staying in their current positions? Kuji Chagulia and DeShawn St. John, that's who.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:13 AM   #292
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Jan. 16-22, 2017

1 feature game to tell you about this week, and it's in the WAC.

1/19/17- Oregon State (Jawouk Bafou) @ Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- The final score does not reflect just how much the Warriors controlled this game. Hawaii shot 43.8% from the field to just 27.6% for Oregon State. They outrebounded the Beavers 49-25. The only thing that kept it close was the fact Hawaii committed 23 turnovers. Despite that, Hawaii won fairly easily.

Final Score: Hawaii- 64, Oregon State- 52

Now onto the rest of the weekly recap:

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 10-10, 6-3 America East.

1/20/17 vs. Boston University (W 66-57).
1/22/17 vs. New Hampshire (W 78-66).

Maine (Cillian O'Reilly) -- 7-12, 1-6 America East.

1/20/17 at UMBC (L 78-67).

Charlotte (Timmy Tribble) -- 14-4, 3-1 Atlantic 10.

1/18/17 at UMass (W 78-66).
1/21/17 vs. LaSalle (W 74-68).

The win against LaSalle gave Timmy Tribble his 100th career victory. Congrats to him.

Boston College (Alex Donovan) -- 14-4, 3-1 ACC.

1/18/17 vs. N.C. State (W 92-60).
1/21/17 at #22 Virginia Tech (L 77-75).

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 6-12, 0-4 Big 12.

1/18/17 vs. #5 Oklahoma State (L 95-86).
1/21/17 at #20 Missouri (L 85-69).

Louisville (Kuji Chagulia) -- 6-11, 0-6 Big East.

1/18/17 at Cincinnati (L 66-56).
1/21/17 vs. #24 Syracuse (L 90-79).

Notre Dame (Ernesto Lopez) -- 6-12, 1-5 Big East.

1/18/17 at #15 UConn (L 102-61).
1/21/17 vs. South Florida (L 86-82).

High Point (Roy Rogers) -- 8-12, 4-5 Big South.

1/19/17 vs. North Carolina Central (L 76-74, OT).
1/21/17 vs. Radford (L 76-66).

Penn State (Tim Sheppard) -- 8-11, 2-6 Big 10.

1/18/17 vs. Purdue (L 88-78).
1/21/17 at Illinois (L 73-65).

Cal Poly (DeShawn St. John) -- 4-13, 1-4 Big West.

1/17/17 vs. Valparaiso (W 66-64).
1/19/17 vs. UC Riverside (W 59-49).

UTEP (Jeeber Mack) -- 12-6, 3-1 Conference USA.

1/18/17 at Rice (L 69-61).
1/21/17 at Houston (W 82-69).

Wright State (Shane Korme) -- 10-10, 4-5 Horizon.

1/19/17 at Youngstown State (W 90-73).
1/21/17 at Cleveland State (L 85-83).

Central Michigan (Cannon Pace) -- 7-10, 2-2 MAC.

1/18/17 at Akron (W 59-56).

Norfolk State (Payten Carrano) -- 10-5, 5-1 MEAC.

1/16/17 at Coppin State (L 61-53).
1/21/17 at Maryland-East Shore (W 85-42).

Evansville (Ekeje Bafou) -- 8-13, 4-5 MVC.

1/19/17 at Wichita State (L 87-80).
1/21/17 at Northern Iowa (L 71-66).

Bryant (Score Galore) -- 7-12, 4-4 Northeast.

1/18/17 vs. Central Connecticut State (L 70-48).
1/21/17 at Long Island (L 72-66).

Monmouth (Thomas Carrano) -- 9-9, 6-2 Northeast.

1/18/17 at Quinnipiac (W 65-40).
1/21/17 vs. Wagner (W 73-59).

UCLA (Patrick Hutt) -- 12-5, 4-3 Pac 10.

1/19/17 vs. Washington State (W 62-60).
1/21/17 vs. Washington (W 75-51).

Davidson (Randolph Childress) -- 9-11, 4-4 Southern.

1/18/17 vs. Samford (W 77-74).
1/21/17 vs. Appalachian State (W 83-71).

Troy (Brett Hawkins) -- 11-9, 5-4 Sun Belt.

1/19/17 at Florida International (L 65-52).
1/21/17 vs. UL-Lafayette (W 66-39).

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 10-8, 4-1 WAC.

1/19/17 vs. Oregon State- feature game, highlighted above.
1/21/17 vs. #23 Gonzaga (W 113-99).

Oregon State (Jawouk Bafou) -- 9-10, 2-4 WAC.

1/19/17 at Hawaii- feature game, highlighted above.
1/21/17 vs. New Mexico State (L 88-74).

Code:
Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Villanova (42) 18-1 1766 2 Big East Conference 2. Texas (25) 20-0 1720 3 Big 12 Conference 3. Mississippi (5) 18-0 1689 1 Southeastern Conference 4. Michigan State 19-1 1593 6 Big Ten Conference 5. Kansas 18-1 1511 4 Big 12 Conference 6. Oklahoma State 17-1 1439 5 Big 12 Conference 7. Georgetown 17-1 1369 7 Big East Conference 8. Arizona 15-2 1209 9 Pacific-10 Conference 9. Kent State 17-1 1194 10 Mid-American Conference 10. North Carolina 14-3 1189 18 Atlantic Coast Conference 11. Minnesota 17-2 1030 12 Big Ten Conference 12. Ohio State 14-5 880 13 Big Ten Conference 13. Stanford 14-3 858 8 Pacific-10 Conference 14. Syracuse 13-4 793 24 Big East Conference 15. Duke 14-5 732 11 Atlantic Coast Conference 16. Kentucky 14-4 671 21 Southeastern Conference 17. Virginia Tech 15-2 664 22 Atlantic Coast Conference 18. Connecticut 13-5 608 15 Big East Conference 19. Alabama 15-3 586 14 Southeastern Conference 20. St. John's 15-3 482 16 Big East Conference 21. Central Florida 16-3 405 25 Conference USA 22. Missouri 14-3 345 20 Big 12 Conference 23. IUPUI 16-3 287 NR Summit League 24. Southern California 13-5 156 NR Pacific-10 Conference 25. Gonzaga 14-3 62 23 Western Athletic Conference Others Receiving Votes: Purdue 15-4 55 Big Ten Conference Rhode Island 15-3 45 Atlantic 10 Conference Maryland 14-5 40 Atlantic Coast Conference Charlotte 14-4 10 Atlantic 10 Conference Boston College 14-4 6 Atlantic Coast Conference Marquette 14-4 4 Big East Conference George Washington 14-4 2 Atlantic 10 Conference

So Charlotte and Boston College continue to hang tough and receive votes in the coaches poll. Hopefully we can get UCLA and UTEP back in soon enough.

Code:
Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Kent State (70) 17-1 1798 1 Mid-American Conference 2. Central Florida (2) 16-3 1712 2 Conference USA 3. IUPUI 16-3 1646 4 Summit League 4. Charlotte 14-4 1564 9 Atlantic 10 Conference 5. Gonzaga 14-3 1502 3 Western Athletic Conference 6. Rhode Island 15-3 1461 8 Atlantic 10 Conference 7. George Washington 14-4 1363 11 Atlantic 10 Conference 8. Texas Christian 13-4 1312 7 Mountain West Conference 9. San Diego 14-5 1175 10 West Coast Conference 10. La Salle 13-5 1004 13 Atlantic 10 Conference 11. San Diego State 12-5 991 NR Mountain West Conference 12. Valparaiso 12-5 958 5 Horizon League 13. Butler 15-6 870 NR Horizon League 14. UC Santa Barbara 13-5 797 16 Big West Conference 15. Drexel 14-5 729 6 Colonial Athletic Association 16. Pacific 13-4 638 15 Big West Conference 17. New Mexico 12-5 610 17 Mountain West Conference 18. Southern Illinois 13-5 503 NR Missouri Valley Conference 19. Tulsa 11-5 496 18 Conference USA 20. Texas-San Antonio 13-4 422 NR Southland Conference 21. Belmont 13-5 383 NR Atlantic Sun Conference 22. UNLV 13-6 248 21 Mountain West Conference 23. Vermont 13-5 200 19 America East Conference 24. Creighton 14-7 186 NR Missouri Valley Conference 25. Nevada 12-7 98 NR Western Athletic Conference Others Receiving Votes: Mercer 14-6 97 Atlantic Sun Conference UAB 12-6 81 Conference USA Saint Mary's 13-6 73 West Coast Conference UTEP 12-6 64 Conference USA Rider 13-6 59 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Montana 11-5 57 Big Sky Conference Manhattan 15-7 53 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Boise State 12-6 51 Western Athletic Conference Siena 13-7 50 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Fresno State 12-6 46 Western Athletic Conference Xavier 12-7 24 Atlantic 10 Conference Texas Southern 12-5 23 Southwestern Athletic Conference Northeastern 13-6 22 Colonial Athletic Association Detroit 12-7 15 Horizon League Wyoming 11-6 10 Mountain West Conference Chattanooga 13-6 3 Southern Conference Princeton 11-5 3 Ivy League Lehigh 13-6 2 Patriot League Tulane 11-6 1 Conference USA

Huge jump for Charlotte in the mid-major top 25. UTEP falls out, but still receives a good amount of votes.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:43 AM   #293
Grover
Pro Starter

Keep it going Charlotte, let's crack the national 25!

Old 09-10-2015, 10:05 PM   #294
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Jan. 23-29, 2017

1 feature game this week, and it's in the America East.

1/29/17- Hartford (David Ginsberg) @ Maine (Cillian O'Reilly) -- The Black Bears forced 17 Hartford turnovers to shake off a 3 point halftime deficit and win going away.

Final Score: Maine- 68, Hartford- 58

And now the rest of the weekly recap:

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 10-12, 6-4 America East.

1/24/17 vs. Washington State (L 82-65).
1/29/17 at Maine- feature game, highlighted above.

Maine (Cillian O'Reilly) -- 9-12, 3-6 America East.

1/25/17 vs. Binghamton (W 98-50).
1/29/17 vs. Hartford- feature game, highlighted above.

Charlotte (Timmy Tribble) -- 16-4, 5-1 Atlantic 10.

1/25/17 at Rhode Island (W 88-79).
1/28/17 vs. Dayton (W 78-71).

Boston College (Alex Donovan) -- 16-4, 5-1 ACC.

1/25/17 vs. Georgia Tech (W 87-85).
1/28/17 at Virginia (W 69-68).

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 7-13, 1-5 Big 12.

1/23/17 vs. Kansas State (W 70-62).
1/28/17 at #5 Kansas (L 83-58).

Louisville (Kuji Chagulia) -- 8-11, 2-6 Big East.

1/25/17 vs. #1 Villanova (W 82-75, OT).
1/28/17 at DePaul (W 92-89, OT).

Was this the week that the Cardinals needed to get back on track? Coach Chagulia hopes so.

Notre Dame (Ernesto Lopez) -- 6-14, 1-7 Big East.

1/25/17 at Cincinnati (L 69-53).
1/28/17 vs. Pitt (L 64-56).

High Point (Roy Rogers) -- 10-12, 6-5 Big South.

1/26/17 vs. Liberty (W 64-39).
1/28/17 vs. VMI (W 56-48).

Penn State (Tim Sheppard) -- 9-12, 2-7 Big 10.

1/25/17 at #4 Michigan State (L 70-54).
1/27/17 at Coppin State (W 59-36).

Cal Poly (DeShawn St. John) -- 6-13, 3-4 Big West.

1/26/17 vs. Cal St. Fullerton (W 75-74).
1/28/17 at UC Irvine (W 58-49).

UTEP (Jeeber Mack) -- 14-6, 5-1 Conference USA.

1/25/17 vs. Rice (W 79-65).
1/28/17 vs. Southern Miss (W 70-56).

Wright State (Shane Korme) -- 12-10, 6-5 Horizon.

1/26/17 vs. Green Bay (W 76-63).
1/28/17 vs. Milwaukee (W 90-73).

Central Michigan (Cannon Pace) -- 9-10, 4-2 MAC.

1/25/17 vs. Buffalo (W 59-47).
1/28/17 at Toledo (W 48-44).

Norfolk State (Payten Carrano) -- 11-7, 5-2 MEAC.

1/23/17 vs. South Carolina State (L 68-64).
1/26/17 vs. North Carolina Central (W 68-49).
1/28/17 at Winston-Salem (L 56-54).

Evansville (Ekeje Bafou) -- 8-15, 4-7 MVC.

1/26/17 at Indiana State (L 80-71).
1/28/17 at Illinois State (L 78-70).

Bryant (Score Galore) -- 8-13, 5-5 Northeast.

1/25/17 at Wagner (W 81-77).
1/28/17 vs. St. Francis-PA (L 71-69).

Monmouth (Thomas Carrano) -- 11-9, 8-2 Northeast.

1/25/17 vs. Sacred Heart (W 75-65).
1/28/17 vs. St. Francis-NY (W 67-42).

UCLA (Patrick Hutt) -- 13-6, 5-4 Pac 10.

1/26/17 at Utah State (W 78-49).
1/28/17 at Oregon (L 85-71).

Davidson (Randolph Childress) -- 10-12, 5-5 Southern.

1/25/17 at Western Carolina (L 65-58).
1/28/17 at Appalachian State (W 76-62).

Troy (Brett Hawkins) -- 12-10, 6-5 Sun Belt.

1/26/17 at New Orleans (W 67-63).
1/28/17 vs. South Alabama (L 53-50).

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 11-9, 5-2 WAC.

1/26/17 at Nevada (L 91-70).
1/28/17 at New Mexico State (W 73-64).

Oregon State (Jawouk Bafou) -- 9-11, 2-5 WAC.

1/28/17 at San Jose State (L 67-65).

Code:
Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Villanova (52) 19-2 1761 1 Big East Conference 2. Michigan State (2) 20-1 1679 4 Big Ten Conference 3. Texas (14) 21-1 1655 2 Big 12 Conference 4. Kansas 20-1 1632 5 Big 12 Conference 5. Mississippi (3) 19-1 1540 3 Southeastern Conference 6. Georgetown (1) 19-1 1441 7 Big East Conference 7. Oklahoma State 18-2 1380 6 Big 12 Conference 8. Arizona 17-2 1251 8 Pacific-10 Conference 9. Duke 16-5 1206 15 Atlantic Coast Conference 10. Ohio State 15-5 1082 12 Big Ten Conference 11. Syracuse 15-4 1055 14 Big East Conference 12. North Carolina 15-4 953 10 Atlantic Coast Conference 13. Kent State 18-2 867 9 Mid-American Conference 14. Central Florida 18-3 809 21 Conference USA 15. Virginia Tech 17-2 789 17 Atlantic Coast Conference 16. Alabama 17-3 698 19 Southeastern Conference 17. Kentucky 15-5 688 16 Southeastern Conference 18. Missouri 16-3 641 22 Big 12 Conference 19. IUPUI 18-3 441 23 Summit League 20. St. John's 16-4 439 20 Big East Conference 21. Minnesota 17-4 233 11 Big Ten Conference 22. Connecticut 13-7 222 18 Big East Conference 23. Southern California 14-6 206 24 Pacific-10 Conference 24. Boston College 16-4 192 NR Atlantic Coast Conference 25. Purdue 16-4 134 NR Big Ten Conference Others Receiving Votes: Stanford 14-5 124 Pacific-10 Conference Charlotte 16-4 85 Atlantic 10 Conference Marquette 16-4 81 Big East Conference Pittsburgh 13-7 59 Big East Conference South Carolina 15-5 18 Southeastern Conference Florida 12-7 16 Southeastern Conference Maryland 15-6 16 Atlantic Coast Conference UCLA 13-6 6 Pacific-10 Conference Wake Forest 13-5 1 Atlantic Coast Conference

We welcome Boston College to the national top 25 poll, and UCLA gets a couple votes, while Charlotte keeps making a push.

Code:
Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Central Florida (59) 18-3 1780 2 Conference USA 2. Kent State (12) 18-2 1730 1 Mid-American Conference 3. Charlotte 16-4 1653 4 Atlantic 10 Conference 4. IUPUI (1) 18-3 1602 3 Summit League 5. San Diego State 14-5 1352 11 Mountain West Conference 6. George Washington 15-5 1297 7 Atlantic 10 Conference 7. Nevada 14-7 1273 25 Western Athletic Conference 8. UNLV 15-6 1243 22 Mountain West Conference 9. Valparaiso 14-5 1214 12 Horizon League 10. Texas Christian 14-5 1023 8 Mountain West Conference 11. UC Santa Barbara 15-5 1001 14 Big West Conference 12. Gonzaga 14-5 904 5 Western Athletic Conference 13. San Diego 15-6 867 9 West Coast Conference 14. Butler 16-7 705 13 Horizon League 15. La Salle 14-6 694 10 Atlantic 10 Conference 16. Boise State 14-6 668 NR Western Athletic Conference 17. Rhode Island 15-5 662 6 Atlantic 10 Conference 18. Manhattan 16-7 508 NR Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 19. Fresno State 14-6 497 NR Western Athletic Conference 20. Creighton 14-8 376 24 Missouri Valley Conference 21. Belmont 15-5 359 21 Atlantic Sun Conference 22. UTEP 14-6 270 NR Conference USA 23. Vermont 15-5 256 23 America East Conference 24. Texas-San Antonio 15-4 219 20 Southland Conference 25. Northeastern 15-6 171 NR Colonial Athletic Association Others Receiving Votes: Southern Illinois 14-6 134 Missouri Valley Conference Xavier 13-8 123 Atlantic 10 Conference Siena 14-8 120 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Drexel 15-6 88 Colonial Athletic Association New Mexico 13-6 69 Mountain West Conference Saint Mary's 14-7 69 West Coast Conference Missouri State 13-7 68 Missouri Valley Conference Tulsa 12-6 68 Conference USA Montana 13-5 65 Big Sky Conference Mercer 15-7 56 Atlantic Sun Conference Temple 12-7 50 Atlantic 10 Conference UAB 13-7 45 Conference USA Utah 13-8 36 Mountain West Conference Pacific 14-5 22 Big West Conference Lehigh 15-6 21 Patriot League Green Bay 15-8 17 Horizon League UNC Wilmington 14-8 13 Colonial Athletic Association Richmond 12-8 5 Atlantic 10 Conference Albany 15-9 2 America East Conference Brown 11-6 2 Ivy League Hofstra 13-9 2 Colonial Athletic Association Elon 14-6 1 Southern Conference

Charlotte keeps inching closer to that top spot in the mid-major poll, while UTEP is back in the mid-major top 25.
Old 09-11-2015, 03:00 AM   #295
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Nice run for Charlotte!
Old 09-11-2015, 03:08 PM   #296
rjolley
College Starter

Man, what a disappointing end to last season for Tim Sheppard and Penn State and it's carrying over to this one. Hope they can pull themselves out of this rut.

Also, Tim needs to recruit better. Class rank of 304?
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 06:01 PM   #297
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Jan. 30-Feb. 6, 2017

No feature games this week, so let's get right to the weekly recap:

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 11-13, 7-5 T-3rd America East.

2/1/17 at Stony Brook (L 73-68).
2/5/17 vs. Vermont (W 85-83).

Maine (Cillian O'Reilly) -- 10-13, 4-7 7th America East.

2/3/17 at Albany (L 83-74).
2/5/17 at New Hampshire (W 81-55).

Charlotte (Timmy Tribble) -- 18-4, 7-1 1st Atlantic 10.

2/1/17 at Temple (W 65-54).
2/4/17 vs. St. Louis (W 88-63).

#24 Boston College (Alex Donovan) -- 17-5, 6-2 T-2nd ACC.

2/1/17 at Clemson (W 85-69).
2/4/17 at N.C. State (L 97-79).

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 7-15, 1-7 T-11th Big 12.

2/1/17 at Nebraska (L 77-71).
2/4/17 vs. Iowa State (L 87-83, OT).

Louisville (Kuji Chagulia) -- 10-11, 4-6 T-11th Big East.

2/1/17 at #20 St. Johns (W 65-64).
2/4/17 vs. Rutgers (W 65-56).

Notre Dame (Ernesto Lopez) -- 6-16, 1-9 T-15th Big East.

2/1/17 vs. #1 Villanova (L 73-53).
2/4/17 vs. #6 Georgetown (L 83-60).

High Point (Roy Rogers) -- 11-13, 7-6 5th Big South.

2/2/17 at Gardner Webb (W 64-59).
2/4/17 at UNC Asheville (L 62-61).

Penn State (Tim Sheppard) -- 9-14, 2-9 T-9th Big 10.

2/1/17 at Iowa (L 84-73).
2/4/17 vs. #21 Minnesota (L 66-56).

Cal Poly (DeShawn St. John) -- 6-15, 3-6 T-7th Big West.

1/31/17 at Long Beach State (L 56-44).
2/2/17 at Pacific (L 63-58).

UTEP (Jeeber Mack) -- 15-7, 6-2 T-2nd Conference USA.

2/1/17 vs. UAB (L 70-61).
2/4/17 vs. Houston (W 66-52).

Wright State (Shane Korme) -- 14-10, 7-5 T-5th Horizon.

1/31/17 at Cal St. Bakersfield (W 74-52).
2/4/17 vs. Detroit (W 89-64).

Central Michigan (Cannon Pace) -- 9-12, 4-4 4th in West Division of MAC.

2/1/17 vs. Miami (OH) (L 62-56).
2/4/17 at Western Michigan (L 96-94, OT).

Norfolk State (Payten Carrano) -- 13-7, 6-2 2nd MEAC.

1/31/17 at South Dakota State (W 77-63).
2/4/17 vs. Morgan State (W 77-54).

Evansville (Ekeje Bafou) -- 8-17, 4-9 9th MVC.

2/2/17 vs. Southern Illinois (L 71-50).
2/4/17 vs. Drake (L 78-52).

Bryant (Score Galore) -- 9-14, 6-6 6th Northeast.

2/1/17 at St. Francis-NY (W 72-62).
2/4/17 vs. Quinnipiac (L 79-63).

Monmouth (Thomas Carrano) -- 12-10, 9-3 2nd Northeast.

2/1/17 at St. Francis-PA (W 86-79).
2/4/17 at Robert Morris (L 84-82).

UCLA (Patrick Hutt) -- 14-7, 6-5 4th Pac 10.

2/2/17 vs. California (W 66-36).
2/4/17 vs. Stanford (L 82-65).

Davidson (Randolph Childress) -- 11-13, 6-6 T-2nd in South Division of Southern.

2/1/17 vs. Georgia Southern (W 84-68).
2/4/17 at Citadel (L 75-73).

Troy (Brett Hawkins) -- 12-12, 6-7 4th in East Division of Sun Belt.

2/2/17 at College of Charleston (L 56-55).
2/4/17 vs. Arkansas-Little Rock (L 78-70).

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 12-10, 6-2 3rd WAC.

1/30/17 at Austin Peay (L 87-56).
2/2/17 vs. San Jose State (W 80-62).

Oregon State (Jawouk Bafou) -- 10-12, 3-6 T-6th WAC.

2/2/17 vs. Gonzaga (W 86-79).
2/4/17 at Fresno State (L 75-61).

Code:
Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Michigan State (44) 21-1 1770 2 Big Ten Conference 2. Texas (21) 22-1 1732 3 Big 12 Conference 3. Mississippi (4) 21-1 1637 5 Southeastern Conference 4. Villanova (3) 21-2 1627 1 Big East Conference 5. Kansas 20-3 1494 4 Big 12 Conference 6. Georgetown 20-2 1439 6 Big East Conference 7. Oklahoma State 19-3 1387 7 Big 12 Conference 8. Arizona 19-2 1256 8 Pacific-10 Conference 9. Ohio State 17-5 1194 10 Big Ten Conference 10. Missouri 18-3 1059 18 Big 12 Conference 11. Syracuse 16-5 996 11 Big East Conference 12. Duke 17-6 976 9 Atlantic Coast Conference 13. Virginia Tech 19-2 913 15 Atlantic Coast Conference 14. Central Florida 20-3 861 14 Conference USA 15. Connecticut 15-7 823 22 Big East Conference 16. Kent State 19-3 673 13 Mid-American Conference 17. North Carolina 16-5 672 12 Atlantic Coast Conference 18. IUPUI 20-3 560 19 Summit League 19. Southern California 16-6 483 23 Pacific-10 Conference 20. Marquette 18-4 436 NR Big East Conference 21. Minnesota 19-4 435 21 Big Ten Conference 22. Charlotte 18-4 301 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 23. Kentucky 16-6 264 17 Southeastern Conference 24. Pittsburgh 14-8 134 NR Big East Conference 25. Alabama 17-5 88 16 Southeastern Conference Others Receiving Votes: Purdue 17-5 56 Big Ten Conference Florida 14-7 44 Southeastern Conference Boston College 17-5 39 Atlantic Coast Conference St. John's 16-6 28 Big East Conference Stanford 15-6 8 Pacific-10 Conference Maryland 16-7 7 Atlantic Coast Conference George Washington 17-5 4 Atlantic 10 Conference Wake Forest 15-5 4 Atlantic Coast Conference

Welcome Charlotte and their 7 straight wins to the national top 25, while Boston College loses their spot, but is still receiving votes.

Code:
Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Central Florida (65) 20-3 1790 1 Conference USA 2. Charlotte 18-4 1705 3 Atlantic 10 Conference 3. Kent State (5) 19-3 1666 2 Mid-American Conference 4. IUPUI (2) 20-3 1595 4 Summit League 5. Nevada 16-7 1466 7 Western Athletic Conference 6. George Washington 17-5 1449 6 Atlantic 10 Conference 7. San Diego State 15-6 1296 5 Mountain West Conference 8. UC Santa Barbara 16-5 1203 11 Big West Conference 9. Texas Christian 15-6 1089 10 Mountain West Conference 10. UNLV 15-7 1011 8 Mountain West Conference 11. La Salle 15-7 944 15 Atlantic 10 Conference 12. Butler 17-8 918 14 Horizon League 13. San Diego 16-7 828 13 West Coast Conference 14. Tulsa 14-6 805 NR Conference USA 15. Boise State 15-7 733 16 Western Athletic Conference 16. Southern Illinois 16-6 678 NR Missouri Valley Conference 17. Manhattan 17-8 579 18 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 18. Rhode Island 16-6 579 17 Atlantic 10 Conference 19. Fresno State 15-7 414 19 Western Athletic Conference 20. Valparaiso 14-7 414 9 Horizon League 21. Mercer 17-7 348 NR Atlantic Sun Conference 22. UTEP 15-7 316 22 Conference USA 23. Northeastern 16-7 178 25 Colonial Athletic Association 24. New Mexico 14-7 165 NR Mountain West Conference 25. Texas-San Antonio 16-5 158 24 Southland Conference Others Receiving Votes: Xavier 14-9 115 Atlantic 10 Conference Hofstra 15-9 99 Colonial Athletic Association Richmond 14-8 81 Atlantic 10 Conference Santa Clara 16-8 79 West Coast Conference UNC Wilmington 16-8 78 Colonial Athletic Association Bowling Green 14-7 77 Mid-American Conference Pepperdine 15-7 72 West Coast Conference Missouri State 14-8 69 Missouri Valley Conference UAB 14-8 57 Conference USA Siena 14-9 52 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Gonzaga 14-7 50 Western Athletic Conference Green Bay 16-9 50 Horizon League Albany 16-9 38 America East Conference Northern Colorado 15-7 37 Big Sky Conference Vermont 15-7 28 America East Conference Belmont 15-7 23 Atlantic Sun Conference Drexel 15-8 20 Colonial Athletic Association Chattanooga 16-7 15 Southern Conference Pacific 15-6 9 Big West Conference Northern Iowa 14-10 5 Missouri Valley Conference Utah 14-9 5 Mountain West Conference Creighton 14-10 4 Missouri Valley Conference Temple 12-9 4 Atlantic 10 Conference Cal State Northridge 15-8 3 Big West Conference Elon 15-7 1 Southern Conference Texas Southern 15-6 1 Southwestern Athletic Conference Weber State 15-7 1 Big Sky Conference

Charlotte moves up a spot, but just can't buy a FPV in the mid-major poll, while UTEP holds strong at 22. No other FOFC mid-major teams even sniff a vote, no big surprise.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:49 PM   #298
Grover
Pro Starter

22 in the national top 25!

Tribble for Coach of the Year!

Old 09-11-2015, 08:07 PM   #299
Zinto
College Starter

Rough season at UCLA.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:37 PM   #300
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Feb. 6-12, 2017

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 13-13, 9-5 3rd America East.

2/8/17 vs. UMBC (W 89-69).
2/12/17 at Boston University (W 72-58).

Maine (Cillian O'Reilly) -- 11-14, 5-8 7th America East.

2/8/17 vs. Stony Brook (L 74-64).
2/12/17 vs. UMBC (W 87-68).

#22 Charlotte (Timmy Tribble) -- 20-4, 9-1 1st Atlantic 10.

2/8/17 vs. UMass (W 92-54).
2/11/17 at Richmond (W 96-73).

Boston College (Alex Donovan) -- 18-6, 7-3 ACC.

2/8/17 vs. #13 Virginia Tech (L 93-84).
2/11/17 vs. Wake Forest (W 84-62).

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 8-16, 2-8 11th Big 12.

2/6/17 at Oklahoma (L 81-59).
2/11/17 vs. #10 Missouri (W 71-55).

Louisville (Kuji Chagulia) -- 11-12, 5-7 T-10th Big East.

2/8/17 at #6 Georgetown (L 66-64).
2/11/17 vs. Seton Hall (W 97-52).

Notre Dame (Ernesto Lopez) -- 8-16, 3-9 T-13th Big East.

2/8/17 at Providence (W 80-65).
2/11/17 vs. St. Johns (W 68-67, OT).

High Point (Roy Rogers) -- 13-13, 9-6 T-4th Big South.

2/9/17 vs. Presbyterian (W 66-36).
2/11/17 vs. Florida Gulf Coast (W 70-62).

Penn State (Tim Sheppard) -- 10-15, 3-10 10th Big 10.

2/8/17 vs. #1 Michigan State (L 73-55).
2/11/17 vs. Illinois (W 88-86, OT).

Cal Poly (DeShawn St. John) -- 7-16, 4-7 T-7th Big West.

2/9/17 at UC Davis (W 76-72, OT).
2/11/17 vs. UC Santa Barbara (L 90-69).

UTEP (Jeeber Mack) -- 16-8, 7-3 2nd Conference USA.

2/8/17 vs. Tulane (L 93-86).
2/11/17 at SMU (W 75-61).

Wright State (Shane Korme) -- 15-11, 8-6 5th Horizon.

2/9/17 at Butler (L 72-44).
2/11/17 at Valparaiso (W 68-60).

Central Michigan (Cannon Pace) -- 9-14, 4-6 T-4th MAC West.

2/8/17 at Bowling Green (L 71-62).
2/11/17 vs. Ohio (L 77-75).

Norfolk State (Payten Carrano) -- 15-7, 8-2 T-1st MEAC.

2/6/17 at South Carolina State (W 75-60).
2/11/17 vs. Florida A&M (W 72-63).

Evansville (Ekeje Bafou) -- 8-19, 4-11 T-9th MVC.

2/9/17 at Creighton (L 88-83).
2/11/17 at Missouri State (L 68-57).

Bryant (Score Galore) -- 9-16, 6-8 T-6th Northeast.

2/8/17 at Sacred Heart (L 86-75).
2/11/17 vs. Fairleigh Dickinson (L 90-76).

Monmouth (Thomas Carrano) -- 14-10, 11-3 T-1st Northeast.

2/8/17 at Wagner (W 80-58).
2/11/17 vs. Long Island (W 83-59).

UCLA (Patrick Hutt) -- 16-7, 7-5 4th Pac 10.

2/9/17 at SIU Edwardsville (W 66-48).
2/11/17 vs. #19 USC (W 70-61).

Davidson (Randolph Childress) -- 12-14, 7-7 T-2nd Southern South.

2/8/17 vs. Elon (L 66-57).
2/11/17 vs. Chattanooga (W 67-33).

Troy (Brett Hawkins) -- 13-13, 7-8 4th Sun Belt East.

2/9/17 vs. Middle Tennessee (W 69-63).
2/11/17 at North Texas (L 75-61).

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 13-11, 7-3 3rd WAC.

2/9/17 at Louisiana Tech (L 77-74).
2/11/17 vs. Fresno State (W 86-62).

Oregon State (Jawouk Bafou) -- 10-14, 3-8 8th WAC.

2/6/17 vs. Nevada (L 103-79).
2/11/17 vs. Boise State (L 77-69).

Code:
Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Villanova (59) 23-2 1779 4 Big East Conference 2. Michigan State (9) 23-1 1724 1 Big Ten Conference 3. Texas (4) 24-1 1665 2 Big 12 Conference 4. Mississippi 23-1 1597 3 Southeastern Conference 5. Kansas 22-3 1495 5 Big 12 Conference 6. Georgetown 22-2 1442 6 Big East Conference 7. Oklahoma State 21-3 1383 7 Big 12 Conference 8. Arizona 21-2 1273 8 Pacific-10 Conference 9. Ohio State 19-5 1236 9 Big Ten Conference 10. Syracuse 18-5 1071 11 Big East Conference 11. North Carolina 18-5 1064 17 Atlantic Coast Conference 12. Central Florida 22-3 1043 14 Conference USA 13. Missouri 19-4 949 10 Big 12 Conference 14. Virginia Tech 20-3 859 13 Atlantic Coast Conference 15. Connecticut 16-8 732 15 Big East Conference 16. Charlotte 20-4 712 22 Atlantic 10 Conference 17. Marquette 19-5 640 20 Big East Conference 18. Kent State 20-4 534 16 Mid-American Conference 19. Southern California 17-7 430 19 Pacific-10 Conference 20. Duke 17-8 424 12 Atlantic Coast Conference 21. Minnesota 19-6 380 21 Big Ten Conference 22. IUPUI 20-5 247 18 Summit League 23. Florida 16-7 218 NR Southeastern Conference 24. Pittsburgh 15-9 139 24 Big East Conference 25. South Carolina 18-6 123 NR Southeastern Conference Others Receiving Votes: Boston College 18-6 100 Atlantic Coast Conference Alabama 18-6 79 Southeastern Conference UCLA 16-7 40 Pacific-10 Conference George Washington 18-6 7 Atlantic 10 Conference Texas Christian 17-6 5 Mountain West Conference Purdue 17-7 4 Big Ten Conference Southern Illinois 18-6 3 Missouri Valley Conference Stanford 16-7 3 Pacific-10 Conference

Huge jump for Charlotte in the national top 25, while BC is knocking at the door, and welcome back UCLA who is receiving votes again.

Code:
Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Central Florida (72) 22-3 1800 1 Conference USA 2. Charlotte 20-4 1725 2 Atlantic 10 Conference 3. Kent State 20-4 1651 3 Mid-American Conference 4. IUPUI 20-5 1564 4 Summit League 5. George Washington 18-6 1437 6 Atlantic 10 Conference 6. Nevada 18-7 1425 5 Western Athletic Conference 7. Texas Christian 17-6 1323 9 Mountain West Conference 8. Butler 19-8 1191 12 Horizon League 9. La Salle 17-7 1155 11 Atlantic 10 Conference 10. San Diego State 16-7 1152 7 Mountain West Conference 11. Rhode Island 18-6 1098 18 Atlantic 10 Conference 12. Southern Illinois 18-6 1062 16 Missouri Valley Conference 13. UC Santa Barbara 17-6 863 8 Big West Conference 14. UNLV 16-8 785 10 Mountain West Conference 15. San Diego 17-8 655 13 West Coast Conference 16. Northeastern 18-7 577 23 Colonial Athletic Association 17. Boise State 16-8 563 15 Western Athletic Conference 18. Manhattan 18-9 423 17 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 19. Hofstra 17-9 376 NR Colonial Athletic Association 20. Bowling Green 16-7 353 NR Mid-American Conference 21. Siena 16-9 341 NR Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 22. Northern Colorado 17-7 278 NR Big Sky Conference 23. Fresno State 16-8 232 19 Western Athletic Conference 24. Valparaiso 15-8 195 20 Horizon League 25. Mercer 18-8 158 21 Atlantic Sun Conference Others Receiving Votes: UTEP 16-8 126 Conference USA Xavier 15-10 116 Atlantic 10 Conference Tulsa 14-8 86 Conference USA Utah 15-9 70 Mountain West Conference Richmond 15-9 66 Atlantic 10 Conference Texas-San Antonio 17-6 64 Southland Conference Albany 18-9 62 America East Conference Vermont 17-7 56 America East Conference Creighton 16-10 38 Missouri Valley Conference Drexel 17-8 38 Colonial Athletic Association Elon 17-7 38 Southern Conference Temple 14-9 36 Atlantic 10 Conference Pepperdine 16-8 35 West Coast Conference UNC Wilmington 17-9 34 Colonial Athletic Association Weber State 17-7 33 Big Sky Conference Santa Clara 17-9 26 West Coast Conference Northern Iowa 15-10 25 Missouri Valley Conference UAB 15-9 18 Conference USA Texas Southern 17-6 17 Southwestern Athletic Conference Fairfield 15-9 15 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Gonzaga 15-8 8 Western Athletic Conference Chattanooga 17-8 4 Southern Conference Missouri State 15-9 4 Missouri Valley Conference New Mexico 14-9 3 Mountain West Conference

Charlotte stays pat at #2 in the mid-major poll, but has a lot of competition at the top, specifically Central Florida. UTEP loses their spot in the mid-major top 25 but has a huge test with the previously mentioned Central Florida team next week.

Bubble watch time. This is the first edition, as I forgot to do it for last week. It's pretty brutal really. Keep in mind this is only the bubble watch for the NCAA Tournament, not the entire postseason.

None of our FOFC teams in the overall bubble watch, so let's run it down by FOFC teams.

Locks: Charlotte, Boston College, UCLA.

The other 19 teams, to keep it simple, are projected out. Even UTEP, surprisingly.