Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-16-2015, 02:59 PM   #151
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

I might be wrong, but I think the coaching assistant also factors in game results a bit too. That plus the effect on training results makes them a priority for me. So I generally go hardest after coaching assistants and recruiting coordinators.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 07:52 PM   #152
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
...and muns throws down the gauntlet in the PCC. Here I was thinking I was doing pretty well with my 13/18 guy. I'm hopeful he's just one more season away from seeing a bump in his ratings which would make him more of a coaching bargain, but I'm probably saving too much money for my recruiting budget and should bump up my payroll.

It'll be interesting to see who Roberson decides to hire at Cal. If he's not careful, he's going to lose Burrus soon.

For fun, here's the coaching attributes and training facility totals for the PCC:
Code:
Cal: HC: 17 13 AC: Facilities: 15 Idaho: HC: 9 20 AC: 6 16 Facilities: 6 Oregon: HC: 20 9 AC: 11 20 Facilities: 11 Oregon State: HC: 20 9 AC: 3 9 Facilities: 13 USC: HC: 11 11 AC: 20 20 Facilities: 11 Stanford: HC: 19 11 AC: 5 10 Facilities: 9 UCLA: HC: 9 17 AC: 19 10 Facilities: 12 Washington: HC: 17 17 AC: 13 18 Facilities: 14 WSU: HC: 17 12 AC: 18 3 Facilities: 9

Pending what Cal does with their opening, I figure I'm probably still getting the most development bump, but there's also schedule to consider. My SoS last season wasn't as good as I'd hoped and I know some teams (like USC) had tougher schedules that should result in some bonus training points.

If my guy Bray doesn't get a bump in his ratings next off-season I'll have to seriously consider looking to upgrade there.

Thanks for posting that. It was neat to see all the teams and coaches side by side
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 07:56 PM   #153
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
I think this shows part of the strategy of the coaching assistant. I've always thought they were more valuable to me in the recruiting part since I can use him on the cheap in recruiting with regard to international recruits. The way you guys are acting about it I guess someone's getting moved to scout and we gonna spend some of this cash on the off/def side of the ball.

I think you hit the nail on the head. We all play differently, and each of us has different strategy and thoughts about things. Its fun to see who values what and how it affects a conf.
Old 08-16-2015, 08:15 PM   #154
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I have to say I really don't understand why people don't place value in scouting in this game. Maybe it's different with the top recruits at a powerhouse program, but you can have 1-stars with the potential to be a good starter at a lower-tier school, or have the potential to do absolutely nothing.

Scouting is the only way you know which is which. I think it's huge.

I think what you said is very true, and it depends on the program and person.

I wanted as much recruiting cash as possible out west because there are a lot of different teams, and I wanted fall back guys scouted if my top guys weren't there. I think (and its a big I think) I have a handle on recruiting out west and since I think that, I am comfortable trying to address the OFF/DEF coach with the way the budget is for USC

Other guys (Radi clearly being one of them) have a feel for what they look for and are comfortable trying to land them based off stats and rankings and don't want to spend money on a scouting coordinator. I think Radi is playing it perfectly, as at the moment he can basically get any guy he wants recruiting wise, and it makes sense to try to develop his guys the most he can.

I personally like scouting for both big programs and small programs, but that's juts me. I try to have a balance because I get paranoid about my recruits coming in the way I think they should.
Old 08-16-2015, 08:16 PM   #155
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
I might be wrong, but I think the coaching assistant also factors in game results a bit too. That plus the effect on training results makes them a priority for me. So I generally go hardest after coaching assistants and recruiting coordinators.

You aren't wrong, they do
Old 08-17-2015, 12:51 AM   #156
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I expected to struggle a lot more in recruiting, mostly based on my prestige being so far below the upper echelon of the PCC; as such, I definitely paid as little as possible for my staff. Since conference prestige pretty much nullified my supposed discrepancy, I intended to rectify that this offseason...then I forgot to export for round one of hiring. We'll see who I can snag in round two, but there's not much out there that I'm really excited about anymore.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 08-17-2015 at 12:51 AM.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 01:20 AM   #157
Groundhog
Coordinator

I don't generally place a lot of emphasis on scouting either. It's handy for some attributes (per/post D), but for just about everything else I feel like I have a good handle on what their ratings should end up around based on their stats and their ranking. If a guy is a 'B' potential in one area, I live with the fact that he might be a 'C', and so forth.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:32 AM   #158
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks for the comments everyone. I guess for me I always try to play these games realistically, moreso as I get older(I'm much less of a metagamer than I used to be). In that vein, chance that a top school offers a scholarship to a player without a scouting trip playing a significant role in the evaluation: basically near zero. Therefore it's near zero for me.

I hope that rankings and stats aren't that determinative in the game, but if they are, that's my loss in the competitive sense I guess . One of the reasons I love this league is that I feel minimal pressure to be supercompetitive.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:50 AM   #159
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Thanks for the comments everyone. I guess for me I always try to play these games realistically, moreso as I get older(I'm much less of a metagamer than I used to be). In that vein, chance that a top school offers a scholarship to a player without a scouting trip playing a significant role in the evaluation: basically near zero. Therefore it's near zero for me.

I hope that rankings and stats aren't that determinative in the game, but if they are, that's my loss in the competitive sense I guess . One of the reasons I love this league is that I feel minimal pressure to be supercompetitive.

This is the way I look at it Brian, which I think makes it fun because there is strategy to it. Some guys offer blindly (AI does too) to get a jump on recruits without scouting, however, if you scout and don't offer, one of your other guys might not have an offer and might actually be better than the guy that got offered already.

On the other hand if the guy offers and the scout doesn't come back exactly what it should be, the other guy needs to make a choice. Does he drop off that recruit and basically have no shot at him again (which means he just wasted time and money) or does he keep on a kid and accept his flaws. Either way you make out in that deal. A prime example of this occurred last year with the Number 12 recruit in the nation Charles Pugsley (he didn't sign with anyone btw). His ratings weren't were they should have been and nobody really wanted him.

So ranking and stats don't always tell the entire story. Sometimes they do, but other times they don't. Groundhog said it earlier when he said he lives with a guy that should have been a B but is a C. It's about what you can accept and what you cant accept. I think you and I are similar in that respect. I can't accept that, so I scout, and rarely offer without seeing what my scout thinks of the guy.

As far as realistically goes, I have friends who are head coaches (D-2) that trust scouting service reports (they pay for them) and will offer quickly based on that report (because they want to say they offered first), and then they go see the kid in person later. There isn't a doubt in my mind that some smaller D-1's do that to get jumps as well. So if that helps

I'm personally having a blast in the league due to how much activity there seems to be, and because of who all is in it. I want to be good, but its not the end all be all to see Vince and Stanford, or Kirk in Washington beat up on me. I'm having fun losing all the same and being able to read your reports and everybody elses. I think we have a good thing going.

Last edited by muns : 08-17-2015 at 10:53 AM.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:17 AM   #160
Radii
Head Coach

Oh, I evaluate everyone, absolutely. I occasionally make offers during the 1st recruiting stage when I'm also evaluating everyone, but I consider it to be a fairly huge risk to do so. If you drop a scholarship on someone, they're done with you. So if you offer a guy w/o scouting, and he scouts out to be decent, but other guys scout better, you've got a really tough call to make. Go after the better guy and risk losing out on both, or settle for the one you chose to jump on. Ick.

So I do scout everyone, I just prioritize recruiting coordinator (get higher rated guys more easily) and coaching assitant (better development and whatever on court improvement that gives) over scouting. In real world terms, consider me an arrogant jerk of a coach who doesn't trust my scout and goes over his head all the time based on my own gut feeling about the player

I do rather frequently choose to recruit a guy in the 40-70 range over a top 10 or top 20 guy based on scouting + stats + the ratings/abilities I prioritize for my players. Its definitely not all blind, I just do it knowing that my scout has a wider margin for error and I make adjustments for that.

Last edited by Radii : 08-17-2015 at 11:18 AM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 12:42 PM   #161
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, I agree - it's not that I don't scout players or don't value scouting. But given that even with 20/A+ scouting ability you still have some margin for error in scouting reports, I put a higher priority when it comes to coaching payroll and head coach attributes on recruiting and offense/defense. I can get a decent sense of a player's ability in the offensive categories, passing, steals and shot blocking via their stats. Where the scouting really helps is defense and athletic ability.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:00 PM   #162
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I do rather frequently choose to recruit a guy in the 40-70 range over a top 10 or top 20 guy based on scouting + stats + the ratings/abilities I prioritize for my players. Its definitely not all blind, I just do it knowing that my scout has a wider margin for error and I make adjustments for that.

This is just a hunch, but it seems to me that the rankings rate athletic ability too high - at least compared with the difference it seems to make on the court. I tend to find that a lot of the guys in that 5-25 range end up being athletic but not as multi-dimensional as the guys you get in the bottom half of the top 100. It makes a big difference if you have early declarations enabled too, because a lot of these guys end up sticking around until their junior or senior years.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:41 AM   #163
Radii
Head Coach

Going back to the scouting discussion... NC State scouted more than a couple top 25 prospects in this class to have orange or yellow potential. I'm going to save my scouting info and revisit next season when actual ratings are revealed.

I did try to hire a slightly better scout. I had a 30k guy with a scouting rating of 2, I offered some scouts with ratings of like 7-8 for 40-50k, but didn't get any of them and ended up with a 40k scout rated 3 heh.
Old 08-24-2015, 02:51 AM   #164
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I am placing less and less value in the 'color guide' as time passes. It's still useful as a general guideline, but I've been finding that the devil is in the details -- I've seen 'red' players better at their position than 'yellow' players, at least in my opinion, based on what things they were actually good at.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:22 PM   #165
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I agree, though the color guideline is a good quick reference. You're not going to see many Orange future potential guys who you're excited about their future, even in a league like the Ivy.

I've got scouting info from all my recruiting classes so far (both years for Stanford and Dartmouth...most years with WAY too much money at Stanford), let me see what kind of info I can pull on them now that they're in the league. My scouts are 9 and 8, and I've had them all three season so far. I don't track coach ratings (I should, just lazy), so I can't say they've always been there.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:23 PM   #166
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Speaking of tracking these things - is there an easy way to search for a player?
Old 08-24-2015, 12:37 PM   #167
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
I am placing less and less value in the 'color guide' as time passes.

Yeah when making actual decisions I have ratings I care about for each position (probably similar to everyone else, maybe with slightly different priorities on some guys, I dunno), but, in this case, a top 25 recruit scouting with orange potential is downright strange. So I'm curious if my scout is so bad that the result is essentially random, or if the guys I'm scouting as the worst ones are going to end up as the weaker of the top rated recruits and my scout is just exaggerating things to some weird extreme.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:43 PM   #168
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

In my case, a Top 25 recruit is kind of like Bigfoot: might as well not exist . I get excited about Top 250 recruits. The landscape looks a bit different in that way.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:45 PM   #169
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Speaking of tracking these things - is there an easy way to search for a player?

Probably the easiest way is to export player ratings (tools->text reports->Player Ratings Report) and to search through the CSV output file. In a single player league, or if you're the commish/have the commish password, you can use the "Edit Current League" option within Tools and get an alphabetized player list that way.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:46 PM   #170
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
In my case, a Top 25 recruit is kind of like Bigfoot: might as well not exist . I get excited about Top 250 recruits. The landscape looks a bit different in that way.

I had a guy ranked something like #115 overall with Very High interest in Idaho and got pretty excited about that. I had to drop him after the first sim, he loves everyone apparently, not just me, and I can't compete.

Last edited by Radii : 08-24-2015 at 12:47 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:55 PM   #171
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Probably the easiest way is to export player ratings (tools->text reports->Player Ratings Report) and to search through the CSV output file. In a single player league, or if you're the commish/have the commish password, you can use the "Edit Current League" option within Tools and get an alphabetized player list that way.

So if I'm not the Commish, this is going to be hunt-and-peck? Oof. That might be difficult. I should really brush up on my programming skills and just crank out something that scans the HTML so I can at least find which teams the guys I've tracked are on.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:15 PM   #172
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:

Simplest thing to do is to add them to your watch list during their recruitment. Then you can access their player cards from submenus on the head coach page.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:21 PM   #173
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

So THAT'S where the damned Watch List is. That is good to know.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:22 PM   #174
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Simplest thing to do is to add them to your watch list during their recruitment. Then you can access their player cards from submenus on the head coach page.

What this guy said... It probably why I get 50 emails on guys training notes after the camp sim.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:31 PM   #175
britrock88
Pro Starter

I actually add to my watch lists everyone that I offer a scholarship to (or want to but don't have the numbers to do.) I should be culling information and making some good insights by now, but I haven't made the time to do it.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:38 PM   #176
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Yeah, I've been manually going to their pages and removing them from my watch list every year. Being able to click 'next' on each one is huge for that now. I add all my potential recruits to my watch list, it's how I sort them. With the huge recruiting budgets I've had for Stanford the past few seasons, I have way more people I'm keeping tabs on than my 20 person call list. So the watch list has been invaluable.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:44 PM   #177
Radii
Head Coach

Had no idea you could see your watch list on the head coach page, very neat.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:38 PM   #178
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah, I've been manually going to their pages and removing them from my watch list every year. Being able to click 'next' on each one is huge for that now. I add all my potential recruits to my watch list, it's how I sort them. With the huge recruiting budgets I've had for Stanford the past few seasons, I have way more people I'm keeping tabs on than my 20 person call list. So the watch list has been invaluable.

What I find to be the easiest way to keep track of anyone that you've scouted or have on your call list is the "Contacted" option from the players drop-down in the recruiting screen.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:56 AM   #179
muns
Pro Starter

Its time I dusted this stuff off again and give some updates, as we are well into the season.

The standings so far in the PCC

Code:
1955 Pacific Coast Conference Standings NORTH CW CL Pct W L Pct RPI Prestige -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- #6 Washington Huskies 0 0 .000 8 1 .889 40 74 Oregon Webfoots 0 0 .000 4 2 .667 8 49 Oregon State Beavers 0 0 .000 4 4 .500 50 58 Idaho Vandals 0 0 .000 4 4 .500 116 37 Washington State Cougars 0 0 .000 2 3 .400 103 43 SOUTH CW CL Pct W L Pct RPI Prestige -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Southern California Trojans 0 0 .000 6 2 .750 152 54 #5 California Golden Bears 0 0 .000 5 1 .833 47 76 #23 UCLA Bruins 0 0 .000 4 1 .800 36 60 Stanford Indians 0 0 .000 3 3 .500 11 51

Washington and Cal are huge favorites once again in the conf and are showing it.

I like Cal to win it this year as Washington doesn't have the depth Cal does.

Oregon State is an interesting case this year. They have the talent, but they might be one of the streakiest teams in the country this year. They will go as far as Super Senior Gordon Miskin takes them (see below). If he gets hot they can compete with anybody. If he is average or subpar in a game Oregon State is going to be in some trouble. Will be fun to see how they do this year

Code:
PLAYER DETAILS #2 SG Gordon Miskin - Oregon State - Senior -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-2 Weight: 207 High School: Hometown: Brisbane, Australia Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 11 12 19 20 14 6 7 10 9 15 10 5 19 8 13 14 1954: 10 11 17 19 12 5 7 9 8 13 9 5 19 8 13 13 1953: 9 10 16 18 11 5 6 8 8 12 8 4 19 8 13 12 1952: 8 10 16 17 11 4 6 8 7 11 8 4 19 7 13 12 Potential: C C A A B D C C C B C D Health: Good Scholarship: Yes Status: Active Roster Academics: 10 Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1953 31 31 28.8 11.0 1.2 3.6 2.0 1.9 1.03 1.0 0.0 2.9 1954 32 32 29.8 15.3 1.1 4.7 1.9 2.2 0.87 1.0 0.1 2.9 1955 8 8 31.6 18.8 1.5 4.6 2.3 3.0 0.75 1.4 0.1 2.6 Career 71 71 29.6 13.8 1.2 4.2 2.0 2.1 0.75 1.0 0.1 2.9 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1953 4.1 11.3 .362 2.8 3.5 .789 0.0 0.0 .000 0.97 3.00 1954 5.8 13.3 .432 3.8 4.4 .857 0.0 0.0 .000 1.15 3.13 1955 7.1 16.0 .445 4.5 5.0 .900 0.0 0.0 .000 1.17 3.25 Career 5.2 12.7 .407 3.4 4.1 .837 0.0 0.0 .000 1.08 3.08 Stat Totals: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS OREB REB AST TO STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1953 31 31 892 340 38 113 61 59 31 1 89 1954 32 32 955 488 36 149 60 69 31 3 93 1955 8 8 253 150 12 37 18 24 11 1 21 Career 71 71 2100 978 86 299 139 152 73 5 203 Shooting Totals -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1953 127 351 86 109 0 0 93 1954 184 426 120 140 0 0 100 1955 57 128 36 40 0 0 26 Career 368 905 242 289 0 0 219 Career Highs: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type Pts OReb Reb Ast Stl Blk TO FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season 24 3 7 5 3 1 7 9 20 10 12 0 0 Career 28 4 10 5 4 1 7 12 21 12 14 0 0 Awards & Acheivements: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Award -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- All Player of the Game: 11
Old 09-07-2015, 09:00 AM   #180
muns
Pro Starter

As far as me and USC goes, I am beyond bummed. I thought we might have the talent to make the tourney this year. If not def the NIT. This was going to be the year we make some kind of jump and then my best post player David Clausen goes down 15 mins into the first game with a Torn Ligament. This might not have been huge if I didn't decide to Red shirt Freshman PF- Michael Fanning, but I did. I tried to get by skimpy and got burned. So we wait 34 more days till Clausen gets back (and we will wait all 34 days, none of this playing at 88% crap). He will miss the first Conf game against Washington, but will be back for the 2nd against Stanford.

Code:
PLAYER DETAILS #12 C David Clausen - Southern California - Senior -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-8 Weight: 224 High School: Alvarez High School Hometown: Salinas, CA Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 6 8 10 0 6 8 19 15 20 13 9 15 5 17 7 19 1954: 6 7 9 0 6 7 18 13 20 12 8 13 5 17 7 17 1953: 6 7 9 0 5 7 16 12 18 12 8 12 5 17 7 16 1952: 6 7 9 0 5 7 16 12 17 12 7 11 5 16 6 13 Potential: D D C F D D A B A B C B Health: Out 34 Days: Torn Ligament Scholarship: Yes Status: Active Roster Academics: 18 Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1953 28 5 16.0 2.8 1.2 3.0 0.8 0.7 1.15 0.4 0.4 1.0 1954 29 29 33.6 6.9 2.9 7.8 0.9 2.0 0.47 0.7 1.3 2.6 1955 1 1 15.0 6.0 2.0 4.0 0.0 0.0 0.00 0.0 2.0 0.0 Career 58 35 24.8 4.9 2.1 5.4 0.9 1.3 0.00 0.5 0.9 1.8 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1953 1.2 2.8 .442 0.3 0.9 .360 0.0 0.0 .000 1.00 0.21 1954 2.7 5.3 .510 1.5 2.2 .688 0.0 0.0 .000 1.31 -1.69 1955 2.0 4.0 .500 2.0 2.0 1.000 0.0 0.0 .000 1.50 16.00 Career 2.0 4.0 .487 0.9 1.6 .604 0.0 0.0 .000 1.21 -0.47 Stat Totals: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS OREB REB AST TO STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1953 28 5 447 77 34 85 23 20 10 11 29 1954 29 29 975 200 84 227 27 58 21 37 75 1955 1 1 15 6 2 4 0 0 0 2 0 Career 58 35 1437 283 120 316 50 78 31 50 104 Shooting Totals -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1953 34 77 9 25 0 0 6 1954 78 153 44 64 0 0 -49 1955 2 4 2 2 0 0 16 Career 114 234 55 91 0 0 -27 Career Highs: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type Pts OReb Reb Ast Stl Blk TO FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season 6 2 4 0 0 2 0 2 4 2 2 0 0 Career 16 9 16 3 3 4 4 7 13 6 7 0 0 Awards & Acheivements: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Award -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- All Player of the Game: 6

In the end I should be thankful he is coming back at all, but this sure was a blow to the high hopes of the season
Old 09-07-2015, 09:05 AM   #181
muns
Pro Starter

Hope isn't totally lost however.

Freddie Nation, is quickly becoming my favorite player on this team. He can do a little bit of everything and guides us from the PG spot. I have been pleased with C-Dante Douglas coming right in as a freshman and starting for Clausen, but he needs another year before he becomes big time.

Overall, we have depth at every other spot with the exception of the post. I like how we look, and the future looks ok. Just need to get over this injury hump.

Code:
PLAYER DETAILS #51 PG Freddie Nation - Southern California - Sophomore -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-4 Weight: 219 High School: Pathway High School Hometown: Lynwood, CA Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 6 14 10 9 7 18 10 5 7 12 12 7 14 10 13 18 1954: 6 13 9 9 7 17 10 5 7 11 11 7 14 10 13 16 1953: 5 12 9 8 6 16 10 5 7 10 10 7 13 9 13 14 1952: 5 11 8 8 6 14 9 5 7 9 9 7 13 9 13 9 Potential: D B C C C A C D C B B D Health: Good Scholarship: Yes Status: Active Roster Academics: 16 Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1954 24 0 6.4 1.9 0.4 1.0 1.4 1.0 1.48 0.3 0.1 0.5 1955 8 8 34.4 9.9 1.8 3.6 5.9 3.0 1.96 1.1 0.5 2.1 Career 32 8 13.4 3.9 0.8 1.6 2.5 1.5 1.96 0.5 0.2 0.9 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1954 0.8 1.5 .543 0.3 0.5 .615 0.0 0.0 .000 1.31 0.50 1955 4.1 8.1 .508 1.6 2.6 .619 0.0 0.0 .000 1.22 5.50 Career 1.6 3.1 .520 0.7 1.1 .618 0.0 0.0 .000 1.25 1.75 Stat Totals: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS OREB REB AST TO STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1954 24 0 153 46 10 23 34 23 7 3 12 1955 8 8 275 79 14 29 47 24 9 4 17 Career 32 8 428 125 24 52 81 47 16 7 29 Shooting Totals -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1954 19 35 8 13 0 0 12 1955 33 65 13 21 0 0 44 Career 52 100 21 34 0 0 56 Career Highs: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type Pts OReb Reb Ast Stl Blk TO FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season 13 3 7 9 4 1 5 5 10 5 5 0 0 Career 13 3 7 9 4 1 6 5 10 5 5 0 0 Awards & Acheivements: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Award -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- All Player of the Game: 2

Code:
PLAYER DETAILS #14 C Dante Douglas - Southern California - Freshman -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-10 Weight: 239 High School: Coolidge High School Hometown: Coolidge, AZ Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 11 5 8 3 11 4 15 7 9 4 7 14 6 15 6 14 1954: 10 5 8 3 10 4 13 6 8 4 6 12 6 14 5 12 Potential: B D C F B D A C C F C B Health: Good Scholarship: Yes Status: Active Roster Academics: 10 Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1955 8 7 31.8 6.8 3.8 7.1 1.4 1.3 1.10 0.9 0.6 3.4 Career 8 7 31.8 6.8 3.8 7.1 1.4 1.3 1.10 0.9 0.6 3.4 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1955 2.5 5.5 .455 1.8 2.8 .636 0.0 0.0 .000 1.23 2.38 Career 2.5 5.5 .455 1.8 2.8 .636 0.0 0.0 .000 1.23 2.38 Stat Totals: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS OREB REB AST TO STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1955 8 7 254 54 30 57 11 10 7 5 27 Career 8 7 254 54 30 57 11 10 7 5 27 Shooting Totals -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1955 20 44 14 22 0 0 19 Career 20 44 14 22 0 0 19 Career Highs: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type Pts OReb Reb Ast Stl Blk TO FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season 11 7 13 4 2 2 3 4 8 7 9 0 0 Career 11 7 13 4 2 2 3 4 8 7 9 0 0 Awards & Acheivements: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Award -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- All Player of the Game: 1 1954 High School: Rated **** and #53 overall by the FBCB scouting service. 1954 High School: All-State (Arizona) 1954 High School: Mr. Basketball (Arizona) 1954 High School: All-American

Last edited by muns : 09-07-2015 at 09:08 AM.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:11 AM   #182
muns
Pro Starter

Our RPI is terrible because of who I scheduled. Hopefully, some of those wins against those teams jumps up 1 slot above to help us out. honestly, it might have been a mistake, however now with the injury to Clausen it works out for us. We need the wins, vs. the competition. We would be getting destroyed by half decent teams with his injury. Our rebounds and FG% are good, but we need to foul less and hold onto the ball more.

Code:
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA TROJANS TEAM INFO Current Performance -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team Prestige: 54 Record Vs 1-50: 0-0 Poll Rank: NR Season Record: 6-2 Record Vs 51-100: 3-1 RPI Rank: #152 Conference Record: 0-0 Record Vs 101-200: 3-1 Home Record: 1-1 Record Vs 200+: 0-0 Team Stats CR NR Opp. Stats CR NR Margin CR NR -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Points 60.6 7 93 Points 55.0 3 16 Points 5.6 4 40 O.Reb 13.8 1 18 O.Reb 11.9 8 123 O.Reb 1.9 5 45 D.Reb 21.8 8 136 D.Reb 18.6 1 4 D.Reb 3.1 2 19 Rebounds 35.5 3 53 Rebounds 30.5 4 18 Rebounds 5.0 3 27 Assists 14.4 6 56 Assists 10.8 1 7 Assists 3.6 3 18 Steals 5.0 6 87 Steals 5.3 8 76 Steals -0.3 7 82 Blocks 2.6 6 103 Blocks 1.4 1 2 Blocks 1.3 3 38 Turnovers 12.9 4 60 Turnovers 12.6 8 110 Turnovers 0.3 7 89 Fouls 17.3 5 33 Fouls 18.4 6 105 Fouls -1.1 4 54 FG% .470 3 35 FG% .424 3 36 FG% .046 2 28 FT% .623 8 147 FT% .634 3 32 FT% -.011 6 95 3P% .000 1 1 3P% .000 1 1 3P% .000 1 1 PPS 1.16 5 74 PPS 1.07 3 30 PPS .092 2 38 Adj. FG% .470 3 35 Adj. FG% .424 3 36 Adj. FG% .046 2 28

Last edited by muns : 09-07-2015 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:22 AM   #183
muns
Pro Starter

Recruiting wise for us has been good. We keep landing guys that will fit in with what I eventually want to be able to do. How that will stack up against CAL, Washington, and Oregon State (who are all out recruiting me) only time will tell. I honestly like our chances though, and I explain that in a bit.

We landed 3 guys this year. 2 posts and a guard.

First up is Center- Darrel Slone. I love that he is 6'10. He will be able to score at will in the post, and will develop into a nice shot blocker for us. He will give me 2 guy's that will be 6'10 on the roster. There are only 4 guys in this conf 6'10 or above and 2 of them are Juniors this season. Both of mine next season will be sophmore's and freshman. I like where that is heading.

Code:
RECRUIT DETAILS #55 C Darrel Slone -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-10 Weight: 236 High School: Sunray High School Hometown: Sunray, TX GPA: 2.87 Test Score: 1250 Rating: **** Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 15 7 12 3 5 3 5 8 9 9 0 10 4 13 3 6 Potential: A C A F D D F C C C F A Season Stats: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PTS OREB REB AST TOS A/T STL BLK PFS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 17.1 1.7 8.6 0.5 2.3 0.22 0.4 2.4 3.3 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 6.9 11.0 .627 3.2 4.9 .660 0.1 0.4 .125 Recruiting Notes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Qualified: Yes Committed to Southern California Rankings: #77 Overall, #12 C, Midwest Region #35 Overall, Midwest Region #7 C High School Awards: None Top 5 Schools: *Southern California, Kansas, UCLA, Illinois

Last edited by muns : 09-07-2015 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:27 AM   #184
muns
Pro Starter

Next up is PF- Michael Ruth

Michael is smaller than I would like to put in the post. However, I quickly realized that the talent level in this years class was down. I needed another post due to my lack of depth (AGAIN) so I needed to jump on him. He can't play a lick of offense, but he can crab some boards and play some nasty defense down low. I doubt he develops into a starter, but I can see him playing some quality mins for us off the bench, and if that's the case, this defensive demon is exactly what I want.

Code:
RECRUIT DETAILS #23 PF Michael Ruth -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-8 Weight: 235 High School: Exeter High School Hometown: Exeter, CA GPA: 2.42 Test Score: 1140 Rating: **** Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 5 6 13 6 3 3 14 10 11 5 13 12 7 16 8 9 Potential: D D B D D D A C C C A A Season Stats: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PTS OREB REB AST TOS A/T STL BLK PFS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 14.5 3.9 10.3 1.3 2.4 0.53 2.2 1.7 3.3 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 6.2 11.3 .551 2.0 2.9 .702 0.1 1.1 .095 Recruiting Notes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Qualified: Yes Committed to Southern California Rankings: #64 Overall, #20 PF, West Region #10 Overall, West Region #5 PF High School Awards: None Top 5 Schools: *Southern California, San Francisco, Washington, Oregon State, Saint Joseph's
Old 09-07-2015, 09:34 AM   #185
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
Oregon State is an interesting case this year. They have the talent, but they might be one of the streakiest teams in the country this year. They will go as far as Super Senior Gordon Miskin takes them (see below). If he gets hot they can compete with anybody. If he is average or subpar in a game Oregon State is going to be in some trouble. Will be fun to see how they do this year

I got too cute with the offense this year. Going to try the CPU suggestion now to see how that works out but our lack of bigs is hurting the Beavers this season.If there would have been a conference tournament I think we would have had a shot but Brodie's rupture achilles from the NIT last year cost this team the season. He should be back for the Seattle/Portland games right before conference play. When he comes back we are going full 23 ft jumpers .
Old 09-07-2015, 09:36 AM   #186
muns
Pro Starter

The 3rd guy we landed and are extremely grateful for is SG-Sanford Crabb.

I love some of my guys names on this team. (Benito Lightfoot, Freddie Nation, Hernando Hernandez and now Mr. Crabb) I am gonna go for the All Name team here shortly.

But back to Sanford. I was hoping Washington wouldn't jump on him. He was a gamble for me. He wasn't qualified right away, and I thought that Washington would rather play it safe and go after some higher quality talent. My gut was right, however, I didn't realize the higher quality that Washinton was going after was top 10 talent. God help me there, but that is another story for another time.

Sanford is another All-American coming to USC that can play some ball. He is going to be another Freddie Nation (who I love) that can do a little bit of everything, and is athletic to boot. What I like about him is that he is another bigger guard to the roster. At 6'3 he will be the smallest guy that I start at guard. The smallest guard on the roster will be 6'2, and the biggest guard will be 6'4. Hopefully, by having the biggest team in the PCC and one that will be able to compete athletically, ill be able to combat some of the better talent coming in to the CAL's and Washinton's. If it doesn't at least we have some cool names to watch out on the court.

Code:
RECRUIT DETAILS #11 SG Sanford Crabb -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-3 Weight: 171 High School: Rainier Senior High School Hometown: Rainier, WA GPA: 2.30 Test Score: 990 Rating: **** Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 9 6 9 13 6 12 7 8 7 7 14 7 17 8 16 10 Potential: C C C A A B D D C D B D Season Stats: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PTS OREB REB AST TOS A/T STL BLK PFS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 27.0 3.2 9.7 6.8 1.7 4.12 5.3 0.2 2.1 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 10.6 21.2 .500 2.9 4.7 .624 2.9 6.6 .432 Recruiting Notes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Qualified: Yes Committed to Southern California Rankings: #51 Overall, #7 SG, West Region #8 Overall, West Region #2 SG High School Awards: All-State, Mr. Basketball (Washington), All American Top 5 Schools: *Southern California, Washington, San Francisco, Seattle
Old 09-07-2015, 09:43 AM   #187
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I am floored Crabb got qualified. I was watching him with all three of my teams...those high school stats were out of control. My scout didn't like him as much as expected, but he should be pretty great for you.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:46 AM   #188
muns
Pro Starter

The sneaky team this year is UCLA. I say sneaky because they haven't played to anybody's expectations the past 2 years.

Senior Tyler Williamson has been a huge disappointment, however seems to have gotten it going of late. His stats are below

Code:
Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF 1955 5 5 30.6 17.4 0.8 4.6 3.2 3.4 0.94 1.0 0.0 3.2 Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- 1955 6.4 13.8 .464 4.6 6.0 .767 0.0 0.0 .000 1.26 9.00

Juco transfer Mark Lorenzo has come in and helped stabilize an offense needing some help, and actually replaced PCC Freshman of the year Jean Becker in the starting line up. So that's saying something about him.

Code:
PLAYER DETAILS #44 SG Mark Lorenzo - UCLA - Junior -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-5 Weight: 194 High School: Pomona Senior High School Hometown: Pomona, CA Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 7 17 13 11 14 4 10 8 12 11 5 3 15 10 14 6 1954: 6 17 13 11 14 4 10 8 12 11 5 3 15 9 14 2 Potential: D A C C B F C C C C D F Health: Good Scholarship: Yes Status: Active Roster Academics: 16 Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1955 5 5 29.0 11.4 1.2 3.2 1.2 1.8 0.67 0.2 0.0 2.4 Career 5 5 29.0 11.4 1.2 3.2 1.2 1.8 0.67 0.2 0.0 2.4 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1955 4.6 9.6 .479 2.2 3.2 .688 0.0 0.0 .000 1.19 4.60 Career 4.6 9.6 .479 2.2 3.2 .688 0.0 0.0 .000 1.19 4.60 Stat Totals: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS OREB REB AST TO STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1955 5 5 145 57 6 16 6 9 1 0 12 Career 5 5 145 57 6 16 6 9 1 0 12 Shooting Totals -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1955 23 48 11 16 0 0 23 Career 23 48 11 16 0 0 23 Career Highs: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type Pts OReb Reb Ast Stl Blk TO FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season 18 2 6 3 1 0 3 7 15 4 6 0 0 Career 18 2 6 3 1 0 3 7 15 4 6 0 0 Awards & Acheivements: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Award -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1954 High School: Rated **** and #86 overall by the FBCB scouting service.

And don't forget they still have Center Derick Busby who doesn't put up gaudy numbers but just comes with his lunch pail everyday and puts in work. He isn't sexy, but the former All-American and 44th ranked player in the nation boards and is a force on the Defensive side of the ball. He is averaging a steal and 2.6 blocks a game in the paint.

If they can keep up what they are doing, and with the guys that have, they might just be the team that makes it into the tourney this year as the 3rd PCC team. They have #13 Arizona State next, so that game will be telling on where the Bruins season might be heading.

Last edited by muns : 09-07-2015 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:00 AM   #189
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
I am floored Crabb got qualified. I was watching him with all three of my teams...those high school stats were out of control. My scout didn't like him as much as expected, but he should be pretty great for you.

It was a huge gamble for me. I didn't like where I stood recruiting wise and if he didn't qualify I had no idea where I would have gone. You had a lot of the guards liking you more than I did. Heck, Alvarez didn't even want to give USC a look. I was kinda in no mans land this year with USC

I am hoping Crabb and Nelson should be a nice combo for me in 2 years (in theory anyways).
Old 09-07-2015, 10:00 AM   #190
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
I got too cute with the offense this year. Going to try the CPU suggestion now to see how that works out but our lack of bigs is hurting the Beavers this season.If there would have been a conference tournament I think we would have had a shot but Brodie's rupture achilles from the NIT last year cost this team the season. He should be back for the Seattle/Portland games right before conference play. When he comes back we are going full 23 ft jumpers .

With Brodie, you guys are certainly a different team. That was a killer.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:04 AM   #191
muns
Pro Starter

And if anybody is Curious about what I meant about Washington and their recruiting class this year.

They land the #2, #9 (Both All-Americans) and #29 kids in the nation....... Seems like the Kentucky, NC State, Kansas and Kansas State thing with recruits is going dwindling a bit. Washington has just announced "Hello, move the heck over, cause we are going to be at this party from now on".

Not a good look for USC nor the rest of the PCC

Last edited by muns : 09-07-2015 at 10:05 AM.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:48 AM   #192
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Kansas just swooped on top-30 recruit Timothy McHugh and took him away from Stanford, so Kansas is still a thing. And annoying.
Old 09-07-2015, 01:24 PM   #193
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, he was far enough away with his test score I was highly skeptical he'd qualify. I loved his numbers, scouted him and put him on my call sheet at the outset figuring I'd monitor him in the unlikely case he managed to qualify. When he did the very next month I was shocked.

I don't know how much you can trust my scout, but the silver lining for me in not getting him is that his defense looks like a real weakness (same reason I bailed on the other in-state stud Steverson). Obviously the steals are terrific, but he appears to be a rather poor perimeter defender otherwise:

Code:
RECRUIT DETAILS #11 SG Sanford Crabb -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-3 Weight: 171 High School: Rainier Senior High School Hometown: Rainier, WA GPA: 2.30 Test Score: 990 Rating: **** Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 10 10 8 12 6 10 8 8 7 5 11 3 15 8 20 8 Potential: C C C C D A D B C F B F Season Stats: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PTS OREB REB AST TOS A/T STL BLK PFS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 27.0 3.2 9.7 6.8 1.7 4.12 5.3 0.2 2.1 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 10.6 21.2 .500 2.9 4.7 .624 2.9 6.6 .432 Recruiting Notes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Qualified: Yes Committed to Southern California Rankings: #51 Overall, #7 SG, West Region #8 Overall, West Region #2 SG High School Awards: All-State, Mr. Basketball (Washington), All American Top 5 Schools: *Southern California, Washington, San Francisco, Seattle

Defense aside, I think my scouting report is short-changing his offense and passing. I suspect he's going to make me look bad in future seasons by pouring in a ton of points on the Huskies...
Old 09-07-2015, 01:27 PM   #194
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Kansas just swooped on top-30 recruit Timothy McHugh and took him away from Stanford, so Kansas is still a thing. And annoying.
Heh, I saw that. I'm glad I stuck with Scurry for MSU and didn't try to land McHugh.

Kansas is still very much a thing. They're right there with Indiana for the top class - #1, #5, #20 & #29 vs. #3, #14, #15 & #21.
Old 09-07-2015, 01:32 PM   #195
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
And if anybody is Curious about what I meant about Washington and their recruiting class this year.

They land the #2, #9 (Both All-Americans) and #29 kids in the nation....... Seems like the Kentucky, NC State, Kansas and Kansas State thing with recruits is going dwindling a bit. Washington has just announced "Hello, move the heck over, cause we are going to be at this party from now on".

Moving up in prestige is certainly helping. I'm also getting more aggressive with my recruiting. I needed to land a top class like this because my first two classes were not measuring up to the rest of the conference. You, Cal and Oregon State were all recruiting higher rated classes, so this one is a small step toward trying to catch up.

I'm really hoping my guys can break through this season and advance past the first round in the NCAA Tourney, and hopefully that would be enough to get my coaches some improvements and prompt our AD to upgrade our training facilities.
Old 09-07-2015, 01:52 PM   #196
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I'm really hoping my guys can break through this season and advance past the first round in the NCAA Tourney, and hopefully that would be enough to get my coaches some improvements and prompt our AD to upgrade our training facilities.

Your classes weren't that far off. Also if Oregon St. doesn't have a top 20 class this year there is nothing to worry about the following year as we have 0 juniors right now and will not have a scholarship to offer anyone in next season's recruiting.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:55 PM   #197
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

Yeah, with the top teams initially all being midwest/southeast (including indiana plus the four you mentioned), the first team or two from the west coast to put themselves in a position to land top 20 recruits from the west is going to quickly join that top tier.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:36 AM   #198
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

We didn't finish at Washington level but I'm feeling like Oregon State will end up with a top 10 class this year.

Code:
OREGON STATE BEAVERS General Player # Pos Yr Ht Wt Sch Acd Status Hometown -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Andrew Hecht 50 C So* 6-11 268 Yes 2 OK Northglenn, CO Jesse Lee 0 PF Sr 6-7 242 Yes 8 OK Riddle, OR Sherwood Buller 12 PF So* 6-6 218 Yes 12 OK Wilsonville, OR Rohan Martin 43 PF Fr 6-8 221 Yes 16 OK Ivanhoe, Australia Arthur Brodie 3 SF So* 6-3 214 Yes 2 OK Brewster, WA Ted Walk 41 SF So 6-6 193 Yes 18 OK Oregon City, OR James Houck 5 SF Fr 6-5 211 Yes 5 Redshirt Sutherlin, OR Clarence Edwards 4 SG Sr* 6-1 185 Yes 17 OK San Diego, CA Gordon Miskin 2 SG Sr 6-2 207 Yes 10 Injured Brisbane, Australia Fabio Pastor 10 PG So 6-1 205 Yes 2 OK Manacor, Spain Gerald Rickard 1 PG Fr* 6-2 198 Yes 9 OK Lynden, WA Hank Toomer 21 PG Fr* 5-9 174 Yes 7 OK Visalia, CA Gerald Kutz 55 PG Fr 5-9 166 Yes 9 Redshirt Amity, OR

Code:
OREGON STATE BEAVERS Recruiting Name Pos Ht Wt Rating Interest State -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Darnell Dagostino #61 C 6-7 220 **** Committed California Adam Jackson #79 C 6-10 210 **** Committed Georgia Nathanael Smith #23 PG 5-11 155 ***** Committed Texas

Dagostino is a JUCO that will start right away and with the depth at PG Smith will take a redshirt. Biggest question next season is who will play SG. It seems like Kutz (#14 recruit last year) will start at SG with Pastor still running the point.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:19 AM   #199
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I'm expecting Purdue to be top ten as well, if not top five.

Code:
PURDUE BOILERMAKERS Recruiting Name Pos Ht Wt Rating Interest State -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Arnulfo Stokes (8) PG 6-3 204 ***** Committed Kansas Emanuel Ferri (16) PF 6-9 249 ***** Committed Texas Earl Noriega (27) SG 6-3 179 **** Committed Georgia

All three are likely to be starters from day one, though there's a chance Noriega redshirts - I've got three guys I like at SG, and while none have the ceiling of Noriega, at least two of them will probably be better than Noriega upon his arrival.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:36 AM   #200
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Not sure how the class will be ranked since there's only two of them, but I'm pretty pleased with Stanford's class as well:

Code:
STANFORD INDIANS Recruiting Name Pos Ht Wt Rating Interest State -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Carrol Mathewson (39)PG 6-1 192 **** Committed Texas Elian Alvarez (43)PG 6-0 199 **** Committed Arizona

With stud PG Bingham graduating and freshman recruit Mohler disappointing (4.6 points on .391 shooting in 15 minutes per game as our 8th man off the bench) we definitely needed a Point Guard. Other freshman backcourt recruit Stan Dyer has been impressive as our starting 2-guard all year, with 9.6 points, 5.6 rebounds and a .464 shooting percentage...but he's also the only other guard on the roster worth a damn after Bingham leaves. So we needed two guards out of this class. Alvarez, with his insane offensive numbers (11/A, 14/A, 13/A, 9/B per our scout) will probably start at SG over Dyer (who should make a tremendous 6th man), while Mathewson will man the point with his better passing (12/A). Mathewson struggles creating his own shot, but has phenomenal range (10/B jumpers and 16/A three pointers), and between the two incoming guards and standout redshirt freshman Erik Plant (averaging 13.7 points on .514 shooting), we should be able to keep up with any team in the nation on offense. Unfortunately, we're going to have a glaring need at Center in next year's recruiting, as behind Andreas Fontes (a senior next year) we have very little in the way of talent that can hang in the PCC. I'll probably try to see if I can find a JuCo transfer worth his salt while also recruiting a younger guy at the same time.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 09-24-2015 at 11:40 AM.