Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-01-2015, 06:41 AM   #51
PilotMan
Head Coach

Awesome, welcome back! I don't think I've played past this point.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 05:53 AM   #52
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Cool, enjoy the pain and misery then .

Shift #13

Things got off to a decent start, one lady claimed she had 'just renewed' a passport a week expired. Sell that somewhere else, ma'am. Then Guard Calensk put in his two cents:

"Good morning. You detained 3 people. Bonus is good, they pay ok. It is not much though. Maybe you detain more people and we do better."

And draw more attention to myself? Yeah, not happening. The payout is $5 today, better than nothing but not by much.

A man from Antegria tries to smuggle in a couple of guns under his shirt. When caught, all he has to say for himself is, 'is it so obvious?'. Find another line of work, buddy. Like, prisoner, for example.

Then there was a very ... 'unique' ... guy halfway through the day:

"Hey man. I lost id card. I think someone stole it from locker room. But we won match! Can't wait to get home."

Yeah, that's nice and all but, you aren't getting into Arstotzka without it.

DENIED!

As I'm doing that ...

"Hey, I've carried this for years, maybe you take it."

He slides me a pennant for a traveling football group styling themselves the 'Arstotzka Arsekickers'. Then he notices I've denied his passport anyway.

"Hey bullshit! I gave you pennant event! Gonna tell coach about this crap."

You do that, for all the good it'll do you. Now I have a pennant that I don't need. Always nice to get swore at in the line of duty.

NEXT!

A young gentleman from Impor decided to add to the days 'entertainment' at a little after 3.

"This id supplement was total pain. Not easy to get and only lasts few days. You Arstotzkans just make it harder and harder. Why even have open border?"

I need an 'I just work here -- I don't make policy" sign. Really, I do. He's approved, but isn't done complaining.

"Bah. Would be better to spend money on bribe. Less trouble and faster."

I wonder if he has the foggiest idea just how close I was from having him spend some 'quality time' with Calensk just for being such a tool?

The last couple of hours pass without further incident. It was quite the annoying day, but at least a reasonably profitable one ...

Statement

Savings: 70
Salary(11): 55
Bribes: 5

Rent: 25
Food: 20
Heat: 10
Medicine(Son): 5

Balance: 70

Broke even for the day, about a day's expenses in reserve and everyone should be healthy again after actually getting to not freeze and eat some refried beans and other highly refined delicacies. I head to sleep, trying not to think about what fresh torture tomorrow will bring.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:03 AM   #53
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

December 6 -- Day 14

The Truth of Arstotzka

** A Criminal's Safe Haven: Arstotzka Earns Dubious Reputation

Not sure what this is about, or why it's being published in our propagandist press ... I mean, completely objective reportive media. Yeah, that.

** Antegrian Whistleblower denied asylum in Republia

Apparently we aren't the only police state with issues.

** Politics

MOA Official Bulletin

Inspector,

The Ministry of Justice has requested our support. Daily bulletins will now contain a listing of the top 3 most wanted international criminals.

Check faces against entrants and detain suspects immediately.

Glory to Arstotzka.

You just new they were going to have more work for me. With no additional pay. Again.

Official Regulations

No changes.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:32 PM   #54
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Shift #14

Some days you just get up on the wrong side of the bed. It became clear quickly this was just going to be one of those. I fumbled and bumbled around with the first applicant's papers, and somehow failed to notice she was #1 on the most wanted list. An immediate citation and screwup to start things off. Not good.

I'd like to say it got better after that, but two 'customers' later there was a rather sneaky one, a one-year work pass that had only six months until the end date. I'm not even sure what I was supposed to do with that but ... citation! Again. It was only 9:30 AM.

Later, another criminal tried to get through on diplomatic papers. I told her
'you have interesting face'. She tried the aggressive route that never works ... 'Let me through or you will regret it.'. I think I'd regret a fine more. Try obeying the law next time.

The next gentlemen was humorously incompetent. He accidentally gave me two passports with different identies ...

"Shit! I make small mistake. Please give me documents back."

Time for you to meet Calensk. NEXT!

Rounding off the day's maximum fail, I didn't notice a slight difference in a diplomat's name, earning myself a 5-dollar fine, then another on the next guy for a bad expiration date.

Statement

The occasional mistake can happen, but today I screwed up a full third of the time. We won't survive long if that continues, but I know I'm better than this by now.

Savings: 70
Salary(8): 40

Penalties: 10
Rent: 25
Food: NA
Heat: 10
Booth Upgrade: 5
Class 7 Apt: NA

Balance: 60

We'll go hungry again and still lose money. No chance of moving though the opportunity arose if we had the cash.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:37 PM   #55
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

December 7 -- Day 15

I've survived a full two weeks. Why are we not all dead yet?!

The Truth of Arstotzka

** Breakthrough Spinal Surgery Perfected: Only Possible with Arstotzkan Expertise

'Arstotzkan Expertise'. There's an oxymoron if ever I've heard one ...

** Politics
** Sports

Official M.O.A. Bulletin

They don't even send me one today! Either they've realized it's a waste of their time, or they have confidence in what I'm doing. Gotta be the former after yesterday. Just new criminals to watch for and that's it.

Rules & Regulations

Unchanged.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:08 PM   #56
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Shift #15

Today, I nearly got off to a bad start before noticing that the passport photo was wildly inaccurate. A fingerprint check failed, and another applicant was hauled off by the guards.

Next up, a man walks in and hands me a brief-case shaped grey box ... that beeps at me ... and screams:

"DEATH TO ARSTOTZKA!"

Guard Calensk comes in.

"What is going on? Oh, hah. "

Yes, very funny. Take this thing and disarm it. I can't give it to him, or shove it out the door, or do anything else it seems.

Calensk: "What is this amateur shit?"

Me: "Should we evacuate"

Calensk: "For that little thing? No. Just disable it. Open the cover."

Yes, disable it. Of course. Why wouldn't bomb technician be among my list of duties. How silly of me.

So it takes me a bit of time to figure out that I need to take out four screws, and off comes the cover.

Calensk: "Stupid fucking terrorists. Could not even add a display."

Yes, how amusing, but the beeping seems to be getting a bit faster.

Me: "What should I do now?"

Calensk: "This is poorest bomb I ever see. A simple mind created this. Just cut the wires in order."

There are four of them, numbered 1-4. I get the first two cut, takes a bit to see which one is the third, I go to cut that on ......................

**static**

It's too late. Calensk and I are killed in the explosion as the thing goes off. I don't even get a proper ending screen, it's just back to the menu.

Perhaps if that moron hadn't been going on about how useless the bomb is -- or, you know, disabled the damn thing himself! -- I would still be alive. If I wasn't dead already, I'd have to kill him.

So, it's back to the drawing board. Again.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:43 AM   #57
britrock88
Pro Starter

Amazing.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:00 PM   #58
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I'm now back to this point at what is I think my fourth attempt here. A couple of different things happened yesterday(day 14). The first is that I've done somewhat better money-wise; a few more citations but not many, but I've gotten better at finding quick disqualifiers on applicants to get the search/detain options moving faster, so I've gone through a few more of them. I actually moved the family into a Class 7 apartment at the first time of asking on this playthrough just last night; this required going hungry though and leaves us with a bare $15 left after the $100 moving fee. So it's a precarious situation and I was conflicted about whether it was a good idea, but ultimately took the plunge. I can't afford a bad day today though.

I also accidentally aided the 'Order'. I missed a mismatched photo, after which the lady said 'Glory to Arstotzka and the Order' as she entered. I have inadvertently aided the terrorist organization known as EZIC. They didn't take long: the 'Truth of Arstotka' had as their second headline this morning this:

** Head Minister of Finance Missing: Markets React with Quick Selling, Instability.

And so I assume today we will now find out whether or not I can do any better at disabling the bomb, now that I know what's coming ....