Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-10-2016, 01:29 AM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

EU4 Dynasty - Andean Mystique

Hello!

I was considering picking up a new dynasty for a bit here tonight. I loaded up a dynasty as the Shawneee Tribe and then as Kara Del, a one province horde next to Ming China, Oirat Horde, and other heavies. And then I decided to just do it.

My favorite character from history is Zheng He. I have biographies on him and have read them. Love the guy.

So I decided to move and do a EU4 dynasty on China. Here was the plan...

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-11-2016 at 08:23 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 01:30 AM   #2
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

EDIT - No to China. Sorrys!

Thirty Years.

For most of its history, China has been insular. It’s problems have been many, and it is the great giant on feet of clay. It built the world’s biggest wall in order to keep itself safe and its enemies out. But it didn’t often look beyond itself. China thought of itself as too good to worry about that. Various factions vied for control, there was unrest, religious changes, and more.

Then the Yongle Emperor, third ruler in the Ming Dynasty, took over. And things changed. He took on new building projects, finished the Wall, built massive canal projects, moved the capital to Beijing and finished the Forbidden City, and took onb a project that no one else had dreamed of. He ordered the construction of a huge fleet.

At it’s head would sail a Muslim eunuch, Zheng He. The Chinese built huge turtle ships, and a had a navy so big that many ships were specialized, with one carrying clean water and a few others growing food. The goal of this navy was to explore the area, meet with local leaders and to establish relations and tribute. The era of a different take on China began, and ran for almost 30 years. Zheng He led 7 separate voyages, and landed in SE Asia in placed like Thailand, landed in India, stopped a war in Ceylon, traded with people in Arabia, and then landed in multiple places in Africa, and went as far as Zanzibar. China became the key player in the Indies and in the Indian Ocean. They expanded their influence, and everywhere they went Zheng He was able to secure trades, and more importantly, tribute. In fact, the tribute brought back was considering proof that the Yongle Emperor had the Mandate of Heaven. When he died in the mid-1420s, his successor ended the program. After his death, his son began it again that final 7th mission was sent out, but even there, it ended. China did not have the leadership to sustain the cost, emphasis, and desire to push themselves in the seas, abroad, and more. The latest rulers were too focused on the latest gossip.

Thirty Years was China’s window into a world of hegemony. China assembled a fleet bigger and more powerful than any until the invention of the steam engine and the industrial revolution, and they did so centuries before the great navies of Europe were created.

But what if someone followed who had the vision of the Yongle Emperor and his Admiral Zheng He? What if someone saw the opportunities of the Ming Dynasty as a platform for dominance? What if someone could establish that they had the Mandate of Heaven, and then use a willing populace to move their control outward?

Would not China have become the greatest, most powerful, and fastest thalassocracy to ever rise? (That’s a maritime nation, including both colonial nations like the Dutch, and United Kingdom, as well as ancient explores of Phoenicia, or the merchant republics of Venice or Genoa).

China was rooted in place by land, with the Great Wall a huge barrier to overcome. But the seas? They were open. Two oceans beckoned for Chinese dominance.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-12-2016 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:35 AM   #3
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now I don't actually think I'm doing it. I loaded a game as Ming and looked around for about 15 minutes. Yes, it's a bit weak for a nation of that size. But I have the Mandate of Heaven and the Temple Faction backing me already. Temple is good for war and such, and I can swap to Eunuch or Bureaucracy easily enough. Even with a ruler that's at 1/1/1 abilities - the worst possible, and just a 0 stability, we're still good. We have the Mandate of Heaven and bonuses for owning the Tea and Chinaware trades. Plus it's not like I have a religion that causes a lot of problems.

So with the manpower, economy, and size, of our land, I feel that I I could easily spend a short while building up our infrastructure before lashing out with a powerful stick to begin to wrangle in neighbors, overseas kingdoms and colonies alike.

So right now I am unconvinced that I'll wind up with China or anyone else at all. Sorry China

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-12-2016 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-10-2016, 04:47 PM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hmmm.....it might be fun to form Inca....

Old 01-10-2016, 06:42 PM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Welcome to the Huyla people, in the central Andes Mountains. With the highland mountains around, and a large amount of grain, the Huyla are one of a variety of cultures and people here in the area.

Their capital:

Huánuco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We are green:

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-12-2016 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:14 PM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In real life, the Cuzco Kingdom, having sport of modernized the kingdom aspect of itself, began a major campaign to conquer the rest of the area. Over a few decades, Cusco will do so, and create the Incan Empire. The largest of the pre-Colombian nations. They begin this in 1438 when Apu Pachacuti Hana takes over, and begins to conquer small neighbors from the city-state of Cuzco (note the name change is correct). By 1444, they have conquered a few nearby areas including just winning a war and annexing the Chanka Nation. The ruler (a 6/5/6 horse) has been given the title Pachacuti, which means “He who shakes the earth.”

In EU4, they have four provinces now – Cuzco, Quero, Abancay, and Ayaviri.

There are a full 13 Inti nations (sharing the Inti faith and in the area)

Us – Huyla - 3

Muisca - 3
Quito - 4
Chimu - 5
Cajamarca - 2
Chachapoya - 2
Ichma - 1
Wanka - 2
Cusco - 4
Colla - 3
Charca - 4
Pacajes - 4
Calchaqui - 3

Of these, all but Ichma have at least 2 provinces. The # after the name is the number of provinces they have. Almost all of these provinces are inland mountains, and virtually all have rivers that run between them and neighbors. That means the defender is heavily favored. Even some coastal areas are mountains (like Lima).

Old 01-10-2016, 09:01 PM   #7
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now I chose Huyla as a “harder” start than the others for a few reasons:

1). Despite 3 provinces, all are grain, and not developed at all.

2). It is near a few major enemies – we are adjacent to two Chimu nations, and Chimu are the major threat in the northern part of the area (in fact, the Chimu were the last nation absorbed by the Incan empire). In real life, the Huyla people were conquered by Cusco in the 1460s. We are also next to Cajamarca, both provinces of Chachapoya, Wanka and Ichma. No other nation is next to five other nations, so we are vulnerable.

In real life, the Huyla is the 2nd of these (after Wanka) to fall to the Cusco juggernaut

3). Our leader is not that hot. Meet Apu Hastu Huyla – 1/2/1. This is the worst leader in the area. There are a pair of 1/1/3 and a 2/1/2. But not any with 4 or 3 total stats.

4). Grain is not good. We don’t get a lot of trade and production from grain. Nearby nations have gold, gold, cloth, cocoa, cocoa and such. But we get none of that. There are also some trade nodes here, and we don’t get any of those benefits – Lima and some inland ones. But nope. And that development I mentioned? We have:

Huaraz – Mountains, 5 dev, next to Chimu, Lima, and Wanka’s province of Jauja, 0.24 gold made here, with Quechua and Inti folks, 2 slots for buildings, and grain.

Pisqupampa – Mountains, 3 dev, 2 slots as well, also Quechua and Inti, next to Chimu, Cajamarca’s province of Cajamarca, and both Chachapoya holdings. 0.12 money made here. Grain farmers.

Huanuco – Capital, mountains, 5 development, 0.24 money here too, farmers of grainins, Quechua and Inti, and like the others – 2 open slots, and nothing built – no walls, and nothing else.

That’s not a high quality set of places to start. There are 7 colonized areas next to us (and one not). Of those, they have development levels of 3, 3 (both with inland, tropical, jungle of Chachapoya). 8, 10, 3, 6, 6. All of those are better than any of ours in terms of development.

We are in the middle, we have little economy to lean on, and we have nothing special to offer.

Army:

We begin with 5000 troops

Chachapoya – 4000
Cajamarca – 5000
Ichma – 4000
Wanka – 5000
Chimu – 7000

So that’s not hot. And then add in the 9950 manpower, and such.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-12-2016 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:37 PM   #8
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now as a member of the Andean Tech Group, there are some major disadvantages we have. All four tech groups which are considered Primitives (North America, South America, Andean, Mesoamerican) have the following constraints:

1). Reduced income from gold. Gold is not a ticket out of the area.
2). We cannot build any boats. That means we can only move by land and cannot expand navally, even if we were to take a naval province.
3). If a primitive goes to war, then they can be annexed by nations that use the CB from the Exploration Idea group. They can be easily gobbled up, no matter their size, by these. Also a colonial nation declares war on a primitive without causing a ruckus and so forth

Most of the nations here are either Tribal Monarchies or Despotic ones, and about evenly split between them. The lone exception is holy state and Theocracy o fIchma in the Lima are, where the Oracle of Pachacamac is consulted by all of the local and powerful rules for centuries and centuries, since at least 700 AD.

We are an Inti nation following that religion. What does that mean?

Inti:

+1 Tolerance of True Faith
-0.05 Monthly autonomy Change
+2 Conversion – Inti are easier to convert to other religions

Inti nations have an authority value that increases with the ownership of larger lands and decreased autonomy in them. Authority decreases if autonomy increases in those areas. As you get more authority, you gain stability cost bonuses and reduction of unrest.

So if I lower autonomy in a province by 25%, we gain 5 authority, and we lose 5 for raising it. We start with 0 Authority

An Inti state with 100 authority and 10 provinces can pass a Religious Reform. When they do, their authority drops back to 0 and a pretender rebellion begins. These are the 5 reforms you can do, and you go through these various cycles:

Reforms:
• Organized Recruitment: Manpower Recovery Speed: +10%
• Expanded Mitma Policy: Morale of armies: +10%
• Reform the Cult of Inti: Yearly Legitimacy: +0.5
• Yana Lords: Colonist: +1
• Reform the Bureaucracy: Core-Creation cost: -10%

Once you have all five reforms passed, if you are next to a Western nation, and you can reform the entire nation and religion. Doing so gives you a tech boost and a bonus to religious reforms later on.

After we reform the Inti religion, we can westernize. But only then.

Old 01-10-2016, 09:56 PM   #9
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I take a mission to Improve Relations with Ichma and send a diplomat to them to begin to do so.

Cajamarca, Chimu and Wanka have all chosen us as a rival. They only one to not go all anti-Huyla is Chachasoya. So I send our other diplomat there to begin to tie us together.

We are a Tribal Monarchy. We have -10% stability cost, +20% income from vassals and -1 diplomatic relations

I dispatch merchants to Lima

13 Nov, 1444 – We enter into a Royal Marriage with Chachasoya

18 Nov – We enter into a Royal Marriage with Cusco

29 Nov – Chachapoya offers us an alliance and I accept

Alliances right now?

Cusco/Wanka/Charca/Ichma
Us and Chachapoya
Cajamarrca and Quito
Colla and Calchaqui

I declare Chimu as a rival

Quito is trying to improve relations with us

10 Dec, I accept an alliance offer from Cusco

14 Dec – Ichma accepts an offer of alliance with us. I’m comfortable with a Ichma, Cusco, and Chachapoya alliance.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:22 AM   #10
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1445 – We are getting relations improvements with Ichman and Quito, and Chachapoya from a bunch of folks Chimu is na an alliance with Wanka.

Cusco built a nice army and now has 10000 strong forces

3 Feb – I order 1000 more South American Spearman assembled

24 April – I order a diplomat ot fabricate a claim on the adjacent province of Cajamarca, a coffee province and the capital of their nation

20 May – I order another 1000 troops assembled. My army is moved to Pisqupampa, adjacent to to Cajamarca

5 June – We finish the quest to improve relations with Ichma and gain some reputation. Our next mission is to Make Nice with Quito as they are the rival of our rival.

16 Aug - I order another 1000 troops. That will put us at 8000 which is our forcelimit.

1 Sept – I boost our stability to 1

21 Dec – We get an event:

Great Temple of Huaraz

Word has reached us that the local chief in Huaraz has begun to construct an ambitious new temple for the main god of his tribe. This Huaca is venerated and also a mummified ancestor of the chief’s own lineage. Is the chief trying to build a bigger power base there? The priests of Inti in Huaraz want us to remove the Huaca to put the chief in his place. Options:

1). Order him to remove it. Gain 5 authority, 6 regiments rise up
2). Allow it to be built, +25% tax modifier, +0.10 autonomy change, -5 authority – 5 years

Now normally I’d do the latter. Keeping the peace and making the cash is both really useful. But I need authority as a Inti rule.r I order him to remove it, and then my 8000 troops over to take out the rebellion in Huaraz

Old 01-11-2016, 08:16 PM   #11
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

7 Jan, 1446 – We arrive in Huaraz

27 Jan – We win, and lost 1560 troops in the battle.

30 Apr – Claim finished on Cajamarca. Next up is the Chimu province of Chanchan, this is their capital, and the one with the 10 development mentioned earlier.

5 July – We finish making nice with Quito. We gain 25 DIP Power and 5 prestige. Next mission is conquer Jauja, the adjacent province in Wanka.

27 July –

Build a Great Palace:

I choose to build it. -6 gold. +10 prestige and +20 legitimacy

12 Sept – I choose Wanka as a rival

2 May, 1447 – Claim done in Chanchan. Next is Chimbote in Chimu, the other adjacent area.

17 August – We have a new heir born! Meet Usuy, a 2/5/2 heir.

He’s pretty good

4 Dec – I improve stability to 2

4 April, 1448 – Our first war on the Andeas begins. Charca and Pacajes go to war

7 May, 1448 – Claim completed

30 July – I get a naïve relative and choose to not kill him, which will give us -25% spy defense for 20 years

Old 01-11-2016, 08:51 PM   #12
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

11 Feb, 1449- We get The Risks of Trade:

The Merchants Guild hit on some bad times and the venture is looking a bit dicey. Do I want to :

Help them out - -8 gold, gain 3 mercantilism, and the Merchant Guilds Estate gets +10 loyalty and influence.

They Knew What was happening – They lose 10 loyalty and 10 influence

Which brings me to a major change here. Balancing your three estates – merchants, nobles, and church.

I choose the first to increase my Mercantilism. It increases my provincial trade power a bit. I now have:

Clergy - 40%loyalty, 20% influence
Merchants – 50% loyalty, 15% influence
Nobility – 50 % loyalty, 25% influence

1 August, 1449 – I upgrade our stability to 3

1 Mar, 1450 – Normally I would declare war on Cajamarca for their capital province we have a claim on right now. I have more troops and readiness. I turned my leader into a general and am ready to hit them. I could use my ally in Chachapoya to threaten them as well. We’d win quickly enough. But there are a few issues.

With this DLC< I can see everything from my allies, and there are things called favors. It’s hard to declare war and then just to get your allies to join you, unless they either have a vested interest in the war (such as a promise of territorial gains) or the use of favors. You gain favors as you help an ally when they are at war, or for time. Every two years you gain some favors. Right now I have favors with Chachapoya at 5, Ichma at 5, Cusco at 2. So it’s hard for me to declare an offensive war right now, and get everyone to help me. If I were to declare war against Cajamarca, as an example, then none of my allies would join me, but I could convince Chachapoya to join for a promise of land. I need at least 10 favors. However, Wanka and Quito would join our target. The same is true of war against Chimu or Wanka.

You can also set the same attitude that they set on you back at them. For example, you might get friendly, neutral, threatened, or hostile. You can set those back, with these advantages:

Friendly – More easy to create alliances
Neutral – Won’t send a bunch of alliance proposals to you after you say no,
Threatened – Bonuses to allying with rivals
Hostile – Your vassals fabricate claims on their lands

You can spend favors telling allies that you intend to go to war soon, so they will prepare by increasing army maintenance, and won’t declare war for 2 years. You can also spend them to increase trust between you and the target nation. And spending ten favors gives you an offensive brother in arms for one war.

10 favors are needed for war prep or increase trust as well.

1 Aug – I get an event and grant the Bourgeoisie some privileges and we gain Merchant Guilds Estate loyalty

Old 01-11-2016, 09:37 PM   #13
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

3 Feb, 1451 – the Chimu nation have fabricated a claim on our province of Huaraz

7 May, 1451 – Pacajes and Charca have come to peace. Charca annexed all of Pacajes, turning them into an 8 province powerhouse south of Colla and north of Calchaqui in the southern inhabited Andes

28 Nov – I get another Temple event, this time in Pisqupampa, and I choose o increase my authority and take out some rebels.

8 Dec – Rebellion crushed

1 Aug, 1452 – We sell some titles and make some cash! But the Nobility Estates loses 5 loyalty

Based on your Estates influence, you can call on various interactions with enough loyalty or influence, or both. For example, I can Demand Military Support with my Nobility Estate, and it requires a loyalty of 30 and influence of 25. They lose 15 loyalty and I gain some military power. I can’t use that more than once/20 years. I can ask the Merchant Guilds for some cash, but it drops their loyalty and can’t be used but once/ten years.

I send an insult to Cajamarca. I’m trying to get my Power Projection high enough to matter. I do the same for my other two rivals

18 Feb, 1453 – I get a new event:

Oracles and Divinations

We are lucky to have the Huaca Gods of our people to help interpret what the future holds. Should the future prove too difficult to penetrate then ther are other oracles in the Andes, but they take a worth gift. Hastu Huaca has been beset recently by doubts and perhaps it is time to consult the auguries.

Options:

1). Consult the Oracle of our local Huaca at Huanuco
2). Travel to the Oracle of Pachacamac
3). Best not to dwell on the future

I chose the 2nd option and spend some gold to travel to Lima. I get this event:

Favorable Answer from the Huatuc and Hamurpa

A great number of diviners are attached to any given oracle’s shrine. The Guacarimachic speak to Huacas while the Ayatapuc communicate with the dead. The Huatec achieves a prophetic mood using a holy beverage while the Hamurpa read the entrails of sacrificed llamas. All of these great diviners have now dewlt on the questions come to be posed by the ruler Hastu Huyla. The time ahead should be fruitful and successful

+10 prestige
Gain 1 stability (not used obviously)

3 Dec – I spend some ADM power to increase our taxbase in Huanuco

Old 01-11-2016, 10:36 PM   #14
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

5 Aug, 1454 – I grant aid to the nobility as well. +5 Nobility Loyalty

1 Oct, 1454 – Now if I declare war on Cajamarca, things are looking a little different. They get Quito and Wanka as allies, and me Ichma and Chachapoya. If I flip the script and hit Wanka for their province of Jauja, then we get just Ichma and they get Cajamarca, Cusco and Chimu. That’s not happening. What about Chimu? We get no one, and they get Wanka.

So there’s really just one feasible war here.

Now normally I only declare war when I’m pretty convinced that I can win. I’m not sure here. The number of troops we have isn’t that much more, and we have a general who’s not that good either. So let’s find out.

I declare war on Cajamarca for their capital provine which we have a claim to. I call on our allies, burning up our 10 favors, and then we march our army to their area. With mountains and rivers, this is not a guaranteed battle by any stretch.

10 October – Uh oh. I get an event of a chief conspiring against us. I choose to remove him and suffer just a 50% chance of 7000 rebels rising up, but they do. We gained 5 more authority though. That’s nice

13 Oct – Battle begins in Cajamarca

15 Oct – The Chimu is suffering an assault of 7000 rebels.

31 Oct – We win in Cajamarca. We lose 1148 troops to their 1523

The siege begins

15 Nov – A large pan Quito-Cajamarca is rallying

23 Nov – Rebels capture Huaraz

19 Jan, 1455 – Wanka had been sieging our capital, but they lifted it to head back since Ichma was doing the same to theirs

29 Jan – Wanka gained a claim on Huaraz

10 Feb – The siege of Wanka’s capital (Huancavelica) is relieved by them

Meanwhile our allies in Chachapoya lost a battle.

14 Mar – Wanka arrives in Lima to face the Ichma forces

2 Apr - - The quite army, 10000 strong, arrives in Cajamarca to force us out

10 April – Wanka wins in Lima

21 Apri – We just won a major battle in Cajamarca

26 June – We win another major battle in Cajamarca, but our force was halved.

7 July – Allies capture Jauja in Wanka

21 July – A large pan-Chachapoya and Ichma force is pushing hard at the underbelly of the defeated forces of Quito and Cajamarca

14 Oct – They crush the enemy forces in Quito. They have been routed

The only issue we have is the ongoing siege of Lima

24 Oct – Cajamarca falls to us

26 October – Quito is now at peace with us for a White Peace. They wanted to just end it to focus on rebuilding their army, and we had an army at the capital sieging them.

We now have a warscore of 57% against Wanka and Cajamarca

I can end the war right now and take Jauja from Wanka and Cajamarca from them. That would leave Wanka as a one province in their capital of Huancavelica and Cajamarca moves their capital to Wankapampa. I don’t care too much about Wankapama. It’s a lower wool province. But I don’t want to leave two one province minors for others to finish off, and the capital of Wanka is sweet gold. Ideally, I want ot take at least one of these off the map. But I do have the warscore for that, but they aren’t buying it yet.

So let’s push just a little more

4 Dec – We lose in Wankapampa and are forced back. Grrr.

11 Feb, 1456 – Chachapoya captures Wankapampa

The simple fact of the matter is that Cajamarca isn’t accepting an annexed loss until I take them out fully. No matter what the warscore says.

Fine. I take my wins.

We take Jauja from Wanka and War Reparations from Cajamarca as well as their capital. I add in a touch of gold as well.

14 February – War is over

Old 01-11-2016, 10:54 PM   #15
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I order my troop to Huaraz to finish the rebels and to retake the province

We gained 9.3 aggressive expansin penalty, 5.5 prestige among us, and we get 3.6 of it, and 4 power projection/

We also completed a mission – Conquer Jauja. Manpower recovery speed and yearly prestige increase for 10 years

Our additions:

Jauja – Mountains, 6 development, shepherds make wool, We have a claim here, and I spend some power to make this a core. It gives us 75 manpower, 1.2 trade, 0.09 cash, and has Quecha and Inti folk. 40% autonomy, and 7.8% unrest.

It is south of our holdings of Huaraz and Huanuco, east and inland of Lima, and north of Huancarelica. Like other holdings of ours, it’s next to unclaimed territory in Ucayali.

Cajamarca - Mountainous 9 level, 0.10 income cocoa, I order up a core here as well, with Quechua and Inti folk here. We get 7.8% unrest and 40% autonomy. 75 manpower, and 1.2 trade power as well. Cajamarca is north of our holding in Pisqupampa, and then east and inland of three Chimu holdings –Piwra, Tucume, and Chanchan. South of Wanka,[ampa, west of Chachapoyas.

I order claims on Tucume in Chimu and on Huancavelica in Wanka. Our next mission is to rebuild manpower reserves

I have some cash, but I don’t have anything to do with it. Nothing to spend it on. So I hire an advisor - Yamqui Mayta Llicllic, a level 1 treasurer who’ll give me +10% tax revenue and add ot my ADM builds. I change our nations focus to Admin to build that power up. We now make 7/4/3 each month in Admin/Dip/Mil

25 Mar – Rebellion defeated

1 April – The big blob of Charca is now at war with Colla and Calchaqui

4 May – Huaraz returns to our fold

Old 01-11-2016, 10:55 PM   #16
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

13 June, 1556 - Here, let me show you a brief map, in case you care!

Huyla is green. That's us!

You can see a few interesting things. I zoomed in on political mode. Where the 6.9k troops from Cajamarca are is where their former province is now located. I’ve built another 1000 troops during the war for support and will have 10k when it’s all said and done. I am currently at -0.1 on my ducats, from our good advisor, but I hope to bump up our income post-cores on my two captures The other capture was the Jauja, south of our forces that just captured Huaraz back from rebels. I’ll move that army to the area. We now have 5 provinces., so I’d normally work on my authority, but we need ten to start hitting our goals, so no need to push people yet.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-11-2016 at 10:56 PM.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:18 PM   #17
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

5 Aug – I reject my noble who demand privileges, so I won’t drop my prestige. Their support drops by 5

1 Dec – Our army is back to 10k. Manpower is down to 2300 but will now begin to rise again

2 Feb, 1457 – I order a claim on Wankapampa

17 Feb – We gain those two cores. I move our next claim to Piwra, in Chimu

16 July – Our captured territories are now core province sof our nation

I have some Estates that demand control of territory. The nobility want one of our two captures. Their loyalty will start dropping unless I give them a province.

I give them Jauja. Results:

Minimum autonomy 25% going forward
Local Bonus manpower locally and nationally
Manpower went from 75 to 469, as one example.

8 Feb, 1458 – We now have a claim against Cajamarca’s final holding of Wankapampa

14 May – Peace- Charca in the south givers away 4 provinces of theirs – Oruro, Tiaahuaneco, Choquehaca and Charcas to Colla. Charca had bee nthe one who had grown from absorbing it’s neighboir, but it’s down to 4 provinces and Colla up to 7.

10 June – Rebels are striking Chachapoya

14 Jul – They take a province in Chachapoya – Moyobamba

31 July – The rebels were defeated

10 Aug – A Comet has been sighted!

Or stability drops to 2. I bump it back up to 3 with my extra ADM

13 Aug – Rebels captured and ended

1 Nov – I begin to increase relations with Quito

Old 01-12-2016, 12:05 AM   #18
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

25 Feb, 1459 – Advancement of the Nobility occurs. A charismatic leader emerges. They get 20 influence until 1474. That’s not good. They now have: 65% loyalty, 75% influence, and 20% territory. They could divide us considering how popular they are becoming.

17 Aug, 1460 – We get an event and gain some serious diplomatic power from making some moves with neighbors and not pushing tensions with Chachapoya

19 Oct – Event:

A Suitable Wife for Usuy Huyla

The priests of Inti have made it clear that Usuy Huyla must take his sister as his primary wife to please the gods. Many of his ancestors, even the God of the Sun himself have married this way within the family and kept the bloodline pure. The boy’s mother however refuses and won’t consent. The proper way to solve this schism would be to ask the ancestor, who is mummified and the head of the Panaca lineage for guidance.

Options:

1). Consult Ancestor. Get 65% chance of Approval and 35% chance of Disapproval
2). Give in to his mother. Lose 5 authority
3). Disregard the mother. Gain 5 authority but lose 1 stability

Losing stability is a hit. But gaining authority is very good, as you’ve seen. Nope, sorry mother. This is my kid, and the sister it is. I boost our stability again, but the double boost from this and that comet have almost wiped out my ADM power

6 Dec – Our treaty with Quito has ended

Old 01-12-2016, 07:48 AM   #19
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 June, 1461 – We finish recovering our manpower!

Bonuses – for ten years, we gt -0.5 national unrest and +10% national taxes

1 July – After that bonus we are now making a slight amount of money. Right around 0.1 a month. No need to drop the advisor now!

I start taking a look to see where our next expansion targets might be. Chimu is allied with Chachapoya, and they’d swap to Chimu if we pushed them. One province Wanka would join as well. It looks like Chimu is really the only place to go.

11 Sept – Cusco has declared war on Colla, which they have started. I accept the war call. Calchaqui joined their ally Colla as well. Wanka, allied with Cusco, joined as well and I am allied with my enemy. Oddly.

11 Dec – 10000 of our troops arrive on the Colla/Cusco border.

15 Jan, 1462 – I arrive at their capital of Puno, next door, and initiate a siege. The larger Cusco army is fighting deeper in the land

27 Jan – Cusco lost a major battle and their force is retreating

22 June – By now, four provinces, all without walls, have been captured and the Cusco army is back and catching them.

20 July – Another major battle with troops from Calchaqui is lost by Cusco.

12 Aug – We get a good harvest. I put it into the treasury and get some serious cash-age.

12 Mar, 1463 – We capture Puno. More battles and provinces in the south are swapping.

Our capture pushes our war score from 20s to 60.

3 May – every province of Colla is now held by us or Cusco.

25 May – Cusco wins against their forces

13 July – I moved my force from their capital to face the fleeing troops and him them hard. We dropped 40% of their force and lost 1276 forces of our own. Good swap

13 Sept – We defeat their army again

27 Sept – We rout and destroy their army

15 Oct – We get the event of a Chief Conspiring against Hastu Huyla. I kill him, gain 5 authority, we get a Loyal Chief in his place who gives us better unrest. We also get 6000 separatists in Jauja. So I send my force back to hit them. That’s ok, I did my job for my ally here.

2 Dec – Separatists capture Jauja and it will now suffer from problems for 10 years

11 Dec – Whoa! Peace:

Colla gives two provinces to Cusco – Macaya and Chuquiabo. They give up three more provinces to neutral nation Charca. They pay War Reparations. They paid 100 gold, and we get 24. We gain some prestige as well.

Calchaqui – War Reparations, gold, and such., We get some cash.

We gain 19 favors from Cusco.

25 Dec – We defeat the rebels

Old 01-12-2016, 10:25 AM   #20
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

More about the Oracle of Pachamac:

Pachacamac - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-12-2016, 10:35 AM   #21
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our starting provinces:

Huaraz:

Pisqupampa:

Our capital, Huanuco:

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-12-2016 at 10:47 AM.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:24 PM   #22
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

8 Feb, 1464 – Jauja is back under our control

I currently have 9 favors with Chachapoya, Ichma, and 28 with Cusco. Once war exhaustion dies back down, we may hit Chimu.

1 Mar – Our advisor passes

I hire Atoc Sopa Tupac-Amaru, a prestige worker

I order some troops built

15 Aug – We get an Unhappiness Among the Artisans. I abolish a tax, lose sold gold, and gain Merchant Loyalty

Charca is a big ol’ nation. 7 provinces. No ally. They would say yes if we offered an alliance or a royal marriage. But I do fear that someday really down the pike that Cusco will declare war against them and we would be forced to go to war with one ally or the other.

I do fear Cusco a bit though. So I will ally with Charka in other to flip the script on Cusco later on.

3 Sept – We enter into a Royal Marriage with Charca

26 Sept – They offer an alliance and we accept

1 Oct – We invest in our first tech incrase:

Diplomacy 2 –

We can now build The barque, but we can’t build ships so it’s not like it matters anyway

Old 01-12-2016, 04:20 PM   #23
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

5 Aug, 1465 – We have a good slate of stuff. 13000 troops of ours are in Cajamarca province. We can declare war on Chimu and they will get Chachapoya (sad) and Wanka. We’ll get Cusco. I can call in Ichma as well,

I’m not sure if it matters, so I spend some favors to Ask Chachapoya to increase our trust of each other.

1 Sept, 1465 – I declare war on Chimu for their capital, Chanchan. I call on my two allies.

Here we go. I order my forces to Chanchan to hit them

14 Sept – We arrive in their capital, but Chimu fled

24 Sept _ I leave behind a siege unit and move to hit Chachapoya

25 Oct – We win a rough battle in our province of Pisqupampa, but wwe took too long. There are a large Chimu army moving in to finish us off. I order my force to flee

1 Dec – We chased the fleeing Chachapoya force and routed it

2 Dec – Quito declares war on Chimu

10 Dec – Wanka and Chimu are besieging Lima. Cusco and Ichma are besieging Huancavelica.

8 Jan, 1466 – We capture one of the Chimu provinces – Tumbes

15 Jan – Piwra falls to us

19 Jan – Tucume falls to us as well

1 Mar – Chimbote falls – just Chimu’s capital is left

13 Aug – Chachapoya has assembled a 6k army and moves it to our capital Huanuco

9 Dec – The first of the sieges ends. Wanka’s capital is captured by Ichma and Cusco

29 Dec – They hit the forces in my capital

I get a peace offer from Wanka

They offer a ton of money and War Rep. This sets back our warscore, but pulls their army out of the battle, and moreover will prevent Ichma or Cusco from taking them. So I accept.

30 Dec – With their siege of Lima, halved, the war leader from Lima ends the siege (it was close to falling to) to head back and hit us.

4 Jan, 1467 – The Chachapoya force is beaten

12 Jan – We begin to attack the Chimu force in Chimbote

10 Feb – We lose

14 Mar – Chimbote falls

1 Apr – They returned to Lima to siege

13 June – We move and drive them out of Lima.

2 Aug – Ichma captures Chimbote

12 Aug – We follow and rout the Chimu army

17 Aug – Our ruler passes in battle. His son takes over

24 Sept – We capture Chanchan, as well as a minor province of Chachapoya

We now have a 98% warscore

Final results. Get ready:

We take from Chimu four of their five provinces –

Chanchan, Tucume, Piwra, and Tumbes

The last province, Chimbote, I could take if we had captured it. But we didn’t. So I vassalize Chimu rather than give it away to an ally.

We take Moyombamba from Chachapoya

They give up claims in Huyla and Ichma

And we get a crap ton of gold as well.

Now because Quito and Chimu are at war, we take over that war. I order up some cores for my 5 new additions while I push to end this war.

4 Oct – We renew our RM with Cusco

8 Oct – We crush a Quito army

10 Oct – They accept white peace

During the war the Nobles gained 10% influence and this is a looming disaster. We have 25% over-extension. 8 War exhaustion.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-12-2016 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-12-2016, 04:22 PM   #24
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our additions:

Moyobamba – Jungle, tropical, tropical wood, 3 development, the Inti people here are Chachapoyan culture, and this is only next to us and the last Chachapoyan holding. 13.8% unrest, 10% autonomy, 0.04 money.

I’m starting with the Chimu provinces from the one furthest away. They are all on the coast. The first is west of Cajamarca and south of Quito, and then I’ll come down coast:

Tumbes – The Chimuan people here work the farms of this grasslands province, and they have 13.4 unrest. 50% autonomy, 0.09 money, and it’s next to two Quito holdings, Cajamarca’s Wankapampa and north of ours in Piwra. 6 development. Quito has a claim on this holding. It has a Temple.

Piwra – Also Inti and Chimuan, this fishing province has coastal desert, with 0.03 made from the 3 development, and 13.4% unrest and 50% autonomy. West of Wankapampa as well as the province of Cajamarca, south of Tumbes, and north of Tucume.

Tucume
– 3 development, coastal desert, Chimuan and Inti as well, and 13.4% unrest with 40% autonomy, but it’s a cloth making province, so that’s nice. 0.02 cash. South of Piwra, north of Chanchan and west of Cajamarca

Chanchan – Now here’s the target. 10 development, has a castle at level 2, mountainous, Inti and Chimuan, 0.13 money, 12.2% unrest, 40% autonomy, and mostly some coffee as their goof of trade. North of the last Chimu province of Chimbote, south of Tucume, and west and southish of Cajamarca, Huaraz and Pisqupampa

All are working on cores. Here, let me give you a map!

Old 01-12-2016, 04:24 PM   #25
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

You can see our heavy expansion here. I see my next expansions as finishing the one province Wanka, Chimu, Chachapoya and/or Cajamarca. Now I can declare war on Cajamarca anytime I want to, that truce was up during the war.

You can see our MIL power is almost at the level needed to level up, but after cores, our ADM certainly isn’t. Now that we have 10 provinces, once I’ve rebuilt a bit, I’ll start dropping autonomy in captured provinces increase my rebel costs in there for 30 years, but move us to 100 Authority. You can see my Authority in the button to the left of the maps in the bottom. We have plenty of gold, plenty of lots of other stuff.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-12-2016 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:34 PM   #26
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here’s our new ruler:

Apu Usuy Huyla
2/5/2
20 years old

We have a high liberty desire from Chimu, but I’ll send in a diplomat to smooth the feathers that are ruffled. A small tribe, the Charrua, moved into our line of sight, south of the Inti nations.

I remove my maintenance of Chanchan. I hire a Diplomatic Advisor – Orco Varanca Auqui-Huaman, and he has +10% trade efficiency.

23 Oct – As was likely expected, Quito announces us as their rival

2 June, 1468 – We have begun to fabricate claims on various adjacent territory in Chachapoya and Quito

2 Sept – One of our agents was discovered

Old 01-12-2016, 07:31 PM   #27
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

28 Jan, 1469 – Great Temple of Moyobamba – Again, we order the chief to knock it off. I gain some authority, and a rebellion starts.

20 Feb – Rebellion ended

11 Mar – Tyrannical Nobles are found in Jauja. I choose to…increase their loyalty and hurt the province abit.

1 Apr – We gain 1 tech in Military!

Mil Tech 2 –

Eastern Swarm
Combat width, infantry and cavalry shock rise

1 June – Chanchan, Piwra, Tucume are now cores and Chimuan is now an accepted culture

22 June – Another spy is found fabricating claims

1 Aug – Tumbes is now a core as well

We can’t build anything but defenses until our techs get developed enough. So not really.

I need cores on these provinces:

Cajamarca – Check
Huanuco – our capital - Check
Huancavelica, the capital of Wanka – Nope
Cuzco – The capital of Cusco, nope

And then one of these:

Puno in Colla or Tiahuanaco in Colla.
Chanchan or Quito. Check

That’s the path to becoming the Empire of the Incas

1 Dec – Wanka moved their rivalry from us to Ichma

I choose Quito as a rival. They wanted this.

Old 01-12-2016, 08:14 PM   #28
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

7 Jan, 1470 – Construction of a Temple happens again. I fund it. We lose 60 gold, and we build a temple for the Tincuy, the sacred confluence of two streams in Pisqupampa.

Temples increase local taxes by 40%

3 March – We get an event – Rightful Ownership:

One of our subjects has seen fit to remind us of the tensions caused by owning land that is theirs. This is for Chanchan. I reject their claim, we gain 10 prestige, and Chimu’s opinion of us drops 50 and they get +15% liberty desire.

21 Aug – We get an exceptional year and gain +50% taxes for a year

15 Dec – We have a rebellion about to hit. I moved my forces down to chimu’s area

1 Jan, 1471 – As we annexed lands in war, we brought in some groups of people that were forcibly moved as Mitmaq from one region to another by their former overlords. As they are not allowed to change the way they speak, the clothes they wear, and have to take all property with tme, they yearn for home in Tumbes. I agree to allow them to relocate back. We swap taxvalue from Chanchan to Tumbes

I invest it back into Chanchan with some ADM power

1 Feb, Moyobamba is now a core.

6 Feb – After taking a lot longer to warm them up than it should have, our vassal Chimu agrees to a Royal Marriage with us

7 Mar – Right now, Chachapoya feels very threatened by us and would be willing to renew marriage or alliances. But that would bring us into too many relations and we would lose 1 DIP power a month to keep that. No thanks

5 Apr – I drop the autonomous on Cajamarca, and gain some authoirty. I give my clergy Moyobamba

11 Sept – War with Charca as they declare war against Colla. They did not ask us for aid. Colla’s allies are Tapuia and Chachapoya, who are in as well.

1 Nov – Charca asks for military access. We’re allies, how do you not have that? Nope. I don’t want you to hit Chachapoya.

8 Dec – Revolt in Chanchan

Old 01-12-2016, 08:52 PM   #29
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1472 – We lose!

23 Jan – Separatists capture Chanchan. So annoying

24 April – We defeat the rebel army

What the rebels did was a quick capture of Chanchan, and then basically turned the castle back on. So now I have to take it in a siege.

28 Mar, 1473 – Chanchan falls back to us

I drop the autonomy in Piwra and then give it to the Clergy

3 June – We lost our claim on Chimbote, the final Chimu province. I cannot claim it again either, as they are our vassal. Their opinion of us has climbed to +110. That‘s with the -46 to the tyrant overlord event and -85 to the force vassalization.

20 September, 1473 – The gods have favored us with a new child, Maicu, a 4/0/6 leader.

10 Dec – The Mapuche tribe moved their capital and relocated to a closer province, in southern South America

7 Mar, 1474 – The Merchant Guild requests to take control of Chanchan. If I say no, they love 10 loyalty and influence. If I say yes, then Chanchan becomes theirs, and gets a lot of taxvalue increase….hmm…they also get 15% influence and 10 loyalty. I accept.

Chanchan now has a development of 15.

As of right now, with a loyalty of 65% I get these benefits from the merchants: -7.5% development cost and +15% trade efficient. My nobility have lost their loyalty and influence e somewhat and are down to 55 and 58. The Clergy are 43 and 44.

22 August – We sell more titles!

17 Oct – We get a national epic. We lose some cash to push the story and for 20 years we‘ll get +1 prestige

8 Aug, 1475 – Since we’re making money and clocking in at 122 gold, I hire a 3rd advisor – a military one – Draytonamu Guacricaur, -10% land maintenance

Old 01-12-2016, 09:08 PM   #30
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

5 Feb, 1476 – The war is over and Charca annexes the two provinces of Colla and removes them from the map.

Calchaqui – 3 provinces. Next to….
Charca – 9 provinces. Next to…
Cusco – 6 provices. Next to….
Wanka – 1 province, nex to…
Huyla (Us) – 10 provinces, next to…
Quito – 4 provinces

Chimu, Wanka, Ichma ,Chachapoys, and Cajamarca are rocking 1 province each

Muisica, far away, has 3

Our allies – Ichma, Cusco, Charca
Vassal – Chimu

War declared against Cajamarca would be just me and Chimu vs Calchaqui and Quito too.

War against Chachapoya is just Mapuche, that tribe that moved over. But we have a truce with them for 6 more years. Wanka expires in 3.

That leaves Cajamarca as our only major expansion opportunity

I spend some military power to hire a nice general and send my troops to Cajamarca province next to their holding

Old 01-12-2016, 10:11 PM   #31
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 April, 1476 – I declare war against Cajamarca

I order our forces in.

24 April – We rout their army in Wankapampa – 6000 killed in an instant!

I order my army next door to Canari to hit the Quito army

5 June – After reinforcements from Chimu arrive, we defeat the Quito forces in Canari.

16 July – Canari is ours

16 Aug – I chased the fleeing Quito army to Esmeraldas and defeated them again

25 Aug – We defeat and rout their Quito army. They are army-less

1 Nov – Charca does to war with Wanka and Calchaqui.

1 Ja, 1477 – An advisor of ours passes.

26 April – We capture the Quito city of Gyuayaquil

18 June – Quito falls to us

1 July – We capture Wankapampa

30 July – The final province of Quito – Esmeraldas falls to us.

Total victory

Here’s what we get:

#1 – We take Wankapampa and end Cajamarca as a nation
#2 -We take Canari from Quito. It’s next to us, we have a claim on us, and it’s a suck-y province. All of Quito is undeveloped, save for their capital province. But Canari is the best of the lot
#3 – Speaking of which, we take their capital province, Quito. This will essentiqlly remove them as a threat. Don’t have a claim on it. Whoops, sorry
#4 – We get 88 gold

That leaves them Guayaquil and Esmeraldas

31 July – They accept peace

I purchase cores for Quito, Canari, and Wankapampa.

I order us to claim Esmeraldas

Quito – Development of 14, they make cloth from the Caran people, worshipping the true Inti faith. 9.5% unrest, 50% autonomy, 0.16 money here, and inland and west of Esmeraldas, and Guayaquil, and north of Canari. It’s also next to 3 unclaimed territory. Through one unclaimed province is Muisica. Mountainous of course.

Canari – With a temple, the Caran Inti people here harvest and make wool, and then send us -.15 with 8 development, mountains9.5% unrest and 40% autonomy. South of Guayaquil and Quito, and north of Tumbes and Wankapampa.

Wankapampa – Quechua and Inti people here also make wool, and they have a temple too, with 8 development and mountains. 0.15 money, 3.9% unrest (we have our army here) and 40% autonomy. North of Cajamarca, south of Canarii, and east of Tumbes and Piwra. It’s also just touching the last of the Chachapoya holdings.

Old 01-12-2016, 10:11 PM   #32
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Map time!!!

I zoomed out for you so you can see Charca and Cusco.You can see us in the middle, the green blob. Chimu, Ichma, and Wanka are to our south, and Chachapoya is nestled in our bosom. What remains of Quit to the coast and west of us. The yellow above it is Muisica. Cusco and Charca are there too, and Charca is trying to eat up and annex Calchaqui. It’s been more aggressive than us! If it wins at doing so, I’m not sure we can take it down. Remember, historically, Cusco was the big bad of Inca, and it has grown a bit, but we ended the major threat to Cusco – Chimu. Yet we have Charca here just being a pretty big bully. These two nations will war sooner or later. And at first I allied with Charca to use them to hit Cusco, but now? I may stay with Cusco.

We have 13 provinces with our recent captures, and are still the largest. If Charca annexes Calchaqui then they get to 12.

I order some more troops built now that our forcelimit is grown.

Another tribe, the Guarani has moved into our zone of sight in the south.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-12-2016 at 10:13 PM.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:51 PM   #33
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Aug – We finish our mission and gain +1 prestige and +10% manpower recruitment speed for 10 years. The only mission available is to Incorporate Chimu into our Nation so I takes it

As a reminder, in two years, the truce with Wanka expires.

10 Oct – Cusco has joined the war with Wanka/Calchaqui against Charca. Netierh side has asked for me to join them. Yay for that.

2 Jan, 1478 – All three provinces of Calchaqui are under the control of Charca, and three Charca holdings under the control of Cusco.

1 Mar, Our Government tech advisor passes, and I hire another +10% national tax recruit named Coyllas Huaypalcon.

26 April – I order some more troops

13 August – I move my troops to Jauja on the southern border.

1 Jan, 1479 -Wankapampa is a part of our patrimony

12 Jan – rebels strike in Quito’s two holdings and capture Guayaquil

1 Feb – Our truce with Wanka ends

I have 15000 troops on the border with Wanka. I declare war on them. Their only ally, Calchaqui is too bothered with war to care. They don’t join. I don’t call in any of my forces either. The steel is hot, and we need to strike quickly to forge it

28 Feb – Priests Citing Unrest in Tumbes

After we moved in the Mitmaq people back into Tumbes, we are getting some push back from the clergy there. They claim that we are leaving behind the faith of our fathers, which is obviously baseless trash.

1). The Time has come for the Mitmaq to move on. Gain 5 authority. Either lose taxes in Tumbes or get a rebellion there
2). Give guarantees to the local priests. Lose 5 authority
3). These priests are only fit for the pit. Kill them all. Gain 10 authority and a rebellion in Tumbes as well!

I begin to move my army back from Huancavelica. Unfit! Kill them all! My authority unites the Huyla people!

12 May – Rebellion ended

22 May – Ichma declare war on Wanka as well

17 June – 7000 Wanka troops are next to our siege in Huancavelica just waiting.

16 Aug – I stealth made a claim on Lima, just in case we need it later.

8 Mar, 1480 – We capture their capital.

11 Mar – We annex them and took almost 100 gold

I begin to fabricate claims on the two adjacent Cusco holdings, starting with their capital

Huancavelica - I order a core for this mountainous gold province – our first gold one. The Quechua Inti people here are 0.08 money, 5 development, and 2.9% unrest (army is here right now) with 40% autonomy. South of Jauja, and north of Cusco and Abancay in the Cuzco nation. East and inland of Lima, the holding of Ichma

Old 01-13-2016, 12:12 AM   #34
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 May – Our relations with Chimu are excellent. They are now at +168.

It’s time.

I drop Wankapampa’s autonomy by 25% and it increases their unrest considerably. The former capitial of Cajamarca.

I know have 100 authority

I can pass a religious reform!

Huh. Would you look at that. I can choose which reform I want.

Whoa!

Can I get colonists?

Expanded Mitma Policy – gain 1 colonist. I could take that, and then start colonizing the nearby open territory.

But that doesn’t feel right to me yet. It feels too game-y right now. I’m taking the first one.

Organized Recruitment:

While our subject peoples have always supplied troops for our armies, they have done so to varying degrees and in an ad-hoc manner. By formalizing the need for every subjugated area to supply soldiers, we will we able to better tap the manpower resources of our lands. +10% manpower recruitment.

I take that one. We could use it

Results:

-2 stability

-100 authority

Civil war has begun!

We have 9000 pretender rebels rise up in Huancavelica where my army is, and 12000 in Tucume and 11k in Cajamarca.

19 May – We win in Huancavelica. This is not a normal slate of rebels, they are fleeing

28 May – We wipe them out in Jauja

I increase our stability by 1 back to 2

1 June – Canari is now a core. They capture Tucume.

10 June – Cajamarca falls

I order some mercs built in Pisqupampa where I am holding up. I’m afraid that if I move it and hit one army the other adjacent one joins us

28 Aug – I defeat the army from Tucume after they moved to try and take Chanchan

14 Sept – We crush the 2nd army in Huaraz

1 Oct – The 3rd army just grabbed Wankapampa

5 Oct – Quito is now a core province

6 Oct – We recapture Cajamarca

18 Oct – We take Tucume

3 Nov – Caran is now an accepted culture

5 Nov – We lose in Wankapampa

23 Nov – I put a positive spin on things on border friction with Ichma. We lose some dip power

22 Feb, 1481 – They capture Canari

12 Mar – Claim against the province of Cusco is now good

19 Mar – We retake Wankapampa

20 June They take Quito

23 June – We take Canari back

21 July – We win in Canari

14 Aug – Huancavelica is now a core

15 Aug – We win again

More border friction with Ichma, and this time I push it and get -50 relations with them

1 Sept – Quito is ours. We are playing ping-pong with their army

25 Mar, 1482 – We officially rout the 3rd army today

I disband those mercs

Old 01-13-2016, 12:29 AM   #35
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 June – New Dip Tech:

Dip 3:

The early Carrack
Bunch of naval stuff I’ll skip plus +5%trade efficiency, +15% global settler increase and range

Manpower is wiped

6 July – War ends in the south:

Pacajes’s 4 provinces were freed and set free from Charca. They are back on the stage.

I boost stability to 3

1 Sept – Excellent year gives us some extra manpower

2 Oct – Our truce with Chimu and Chachapoya ends

I move my forces near Chachapoya’s border

Chachapoya now has Quito as an ally, so the war will take longer, I need to rebuild manpower

1 May, 1483 – I begin the process of annexing Chimu. We have 200 relations.

It’ll take very little time to actually do.

3 Sept – We annex Chimu

+5 prestige

We finish a mission and get +1 diplomatic reputation for 10 years

We gain 2000 troops in their nation:

Chimbote – 3 development, on the coast, Chimuan and Inti, we are already have a core on it, and the mountainous coast is a cocoa province. 0.06 money made. O unrest, 60% autonomy. North of Lima, and down coast and south of Chanchan, east of Huaraz. I drop it’s autonomy. I give it to the clergy

Old 01-13-2016, 07:44 AM   #36
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 April, 1484 – I declare war on Chachapoya

War:

Us vs Mapuche, Quito, Chachapoya

12 – Rebellion in Huaraz and I gain 5 authority

23 April – We rout the Chachapoya army in their province

1 June – Rebellion ended

23 Aug – We defeat the Quito army in Wankapampa

1 Sept – I get an event. Growth in cities attracts serfs. I accept. We get +25% autonomy in Cajamarca and

30 Sept – We rout the Quito forces in their capital of Esmeraldas

23 Oct – 9000 troops from Mapuche, in the far south of South America, actually arrived at our border. Crazy!

27 Nov – They oust the siege in Chachapoyas

11 Dec – They begin a siege of our capital

12 Feb, 1485 – We capture Guayaquil

14 Mar – The Guayaquil army arrives back in Chachapoyas

31 May – Esmeraldas is ours

24 June I spend some MIL power to harshly drop rebellions right now, while we’re at war

13 Sept – We drive the Mapuche away from our capital siege

28 Sept – We rout them in Jauja

26 jan, 1486 – We get an event:

Itu Celebration –

There is great distress in our lands. People re suffering and many fear for the future. In times like this, an Itu celebration for the entire kingdom might lighten the minds of our subjects. The sacrifices it entails will make the Gods more likely to listen to our plights. Our priests encourage us to improve our chances and us human sacrifices Options:

1). Just use customary sacrifices – llamas, cloth, chichi and sheep
2). Humans it is. Lose 75 dip power.
3) We must focus on here and now. Neither

I choose the first

28 Jan – We capture Chachapoya. Diplomacy time:

We annex Chachapoyas
We annex Quito and get Esmeraldas and Guayaquil.

I get some cash too

Old 01-13-2016, 07:47 AM   #37
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I’ll get you a map:

Here you can see that we end really any major threats from north. Quito and Chachapoya are done. Muisica is a bit away. In the south we have Cusco, Charca, Pacajes, Calchaqui and the native nations of Guarani and Mapuche. Now I want to order cores for my territory. But I also want to get that first AM tech too. Cores are more important though. I spend almost 200 ADM power to do so. I also turn off the forts in my captured territory

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-13-2016 at 07:48 AM.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:51 AM   #38
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I choose a mission to improve manpower. I have good cash reserves, stability, prestige, and 19 authority. So we’re in a solid enough place.

Chachapoyas – Inti but Chachapoyan, 0.01 money made, 3 development, tropical and jungle, grain growers, 9.3% unrest and 40% autonomy. Has a level 2 castle, and Is next to 4 of our provinces – Moyobamba, Cajamarca, Wankapampa and Pisqupampa.

Guayaquil – Caran and Inti, the grasslands here feature the Guayas Estuary, which gives it +10% local trade power, which is fish. 6 development, 0.15 money, 11% unrest, 40% autonomy, it has a temple, and is south of Esmeraldas, north of Tumbes, and west of Quito and Canari.

Esmeraldas – Jungle and coastal, fishing is the way of life here as well. The Inti Caran people are 11% unrest, 40% autonomy, and 0.08 cash made. North of Quito and Guayaquil.

3 Feb – We get the Celebration of the Itu event and get -1 war exhaustion and 5 prestige.

3 Sept – I get an Uncooperative Philosopher. I have no desire to lose stability, so I let him remain free, lose some clergy loyalty and some prestige.

My major problem moving forward is that I am allied with my only neighbors left – Cusco and Ichma.

Old 01-13-2016, 10:53 AM   #39
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1487 – I end my alliance with Ichma

16 Feb – We have another chief conspiring against us. Separatists rise up in Esmeralda

8 March – Aucachic Confessors.

After a recent war, guilt lies like a heavy blanket over the people. I choose to give some time to confess with a ritual of purification to the streams of Huanuco. Our War exhaustion drops.

24 March – Rebellion ended

4 Sept – Another Mitmaq event occurs. I allow them to resettle back home

8 Jan, 1488 – Chimu Separatist rebels are getting close ot pipping the cork, so I reload the Chanchan fortress and move forces there to prepare.

9 July – Guayaquil and Esmeraldas are now cores

1 Sept –

Admin Tech 2 –

We can now move to Despotic and Feudal Monarchies as well as Oligarchic Republic

Old 01-13-2016, 11:35 AM   #40
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2 Jan 1489 – Due to my development, I am gaining Authority at 2/year pace. We’re at 37 right now. I have almost 7k in manpower, so I could try to push my authority up and do another reform. I cut autonomy in all four Quito provinces at once. It just makes sense while I’m at peace. 57 authority now

7 Mar, Chachapoyas is now a core. I cut its autonomy and give it to my nobility

31 March – New Event:

Immoral Prices –

Grain prices are notoriously unstable. Anything from the weather to war can disrupt the prices of it. We have a shortage of grain in a major city – Chanchan. The common people are directing their anger at the merchant guild that runs it. The merchants are claiming the higher prices in light of the shortage is natural and expected. 3 options:

Force the Merchants to lower their prices (they lose 15 loyalty, 10 influence for 15 years)
We shouldn’t really meddle in this crap (7 peasant regiments rise up in Chanchan, +10 merchant loyalty and influence for 15 years)
We’ll pay for and distribute it ourselves. (20 gold, merchants are happy)

I chose the third. I have 218 gold and climbing.

15 July – New event:

The Royal Guards

The honor to guard the life of Apu is heredity and belongs to a number of families in Huanuco. This honor is in itself is not a guarantee of martial prowess however. After a tour of the provinces, the chief realizes the quality of the guard could be improved by letting in new blood. I agree:

We get this:

Fresh Members of the Royal Guard (Unrest +0.5), Morale of Armies (+5%), Diciplcike +2.5% and it lasts until the leader Usuy dies.

2 Dec – Revolts in both Quito and Wankapampa

13 Dec – Revolt in Quito is over

9 Jan, 1490 – Wankapampa falls

15 jan – We end the rebels

16 Feb – Wankapampa is ours again

1 April – The Guarani tribe moves again.

9 May - I drop autonomy in Huancavelica,

9 Sept – Scandal at the court. I pay off an advisor to take the blame rather than accept it and lose stability

Old 01-13-2016, 12:07 PM   #41
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Feb, 1491 – New TECH!!!

Military 3 – Late Medieval Military:

We get +0.5 land morale

1 June – I order some more troops assembled

2 June – Rebellion oin Chachapoyas, where I have an army

8 June – Ended

16 June – Whoa! New Event!

Alarmed Nobles

A delegation from some of the finest families in Huanuco has approached Usuy demanding that the new members of the Guard be sent back home. I have two good choices:

1). Revert things back. Gain 1 stability
2). No. Gain a lot of authority but with Alienated Nobility (+5% advisor costs, +15% stability cost) until death.

Nope!

My authority is rising rising rising

I begin to move troops next to Lima.

21 Nov – I get another Construction of a Temple event and I fund one in Tucume. I also gain…more authority!

1 Feb, 1492 - Our truce with Ichma is up. I tell Charca to declare for war. It’s time.

Old 01-13-2016, 01:58 PM   #42
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

So let's pause and look at a few Inca things you are seeing in this dynasty with events and culture and such

The Incan Empire and its predecessors had a policy of resettlement called the Mitma. They would relocate families, villages, and more to help populate some areas, and to distribute newly conquered people into order to reduce keeping every one in one location.

Mitma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

pre-Columbian civilizations - Andean civilization | Britannica.com

When a new area is conquered it would also move loyal people there to make sure that you were able to administer it without pushback. It's hard to fight back when some of your neighbors were resettled into core territories and others that are loyal to the conquerors are now living next door. It's very effective.

You've seen events that refer to people that were resettled, the Mitmaq.

Another Incan pre-Spanish concept is the mit'a. This system (later changed by Spanish rule and renamed the mita by historians) is mandatory public service for the good of the Incan society. Your primary form of tribute to the Incan rule was not coin or your possessions like llamas or sheep. Nope. It was service. Community driven projects like road construction and more were done. In fact, people would be expected to perform the mit'a service annually. At its height, due to the wealth of the Incan Empire, folks really only needed to work their farms and such for around 3 months of the year, so the rest was usually devoted to the mit'a. (Incan overseers were pretty flexible about time spent and what was needed elsewhere)

I think you'll enjoy this copy and paste from wikpedia on the topic:

Quote:
During the Inca period people were mostly dependent on the cultivation of their land. All the fields of the Empire were divided into four categories: The Field of the Temple, the Emperor, Kurakas (Curacas), and People. Fields of the people were fields that belonged to the sick, widows, the elderly, wives of the soldiers and that of his own land.

At the beginning of the plowing time people started to work first at the fields of widows, of sick people and of wives of the soldiers under the direction of the village overseers. Then they worked on their own field. Next they worked on the Temples fields and Kuraka fields and finally they set to work on the Emperor's fields. While they worked on the Emperor's field they typically wore their best dress and men and women chanted songs in praise to the Inca.

When people were engaged in war, their fields were cultivated by people engaged in mit'a. This way, soldiers would go to war with their fields and family secured and protected. This led to enhanced loyalty and focus on the part of Incan soldiers.

Fields of the People and community based service gives the Incan culture a very distinct one. The Spanish would come in and (of course) pervert the mit'a system in place and take advantage of it.

A final creation of the Inca is the Vertical Archipelago. They created terrance (such as at Moray) towers and used them to test whether or not crops would grow at certain altitudes and then had four ecozones they used and spread out, growing things vertically, including agricultural towers, lifts, and more.

Vertical archipelago - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Moray (Inca ruin) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Moray was likely used as an ancient agricultural testing station

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-13-2016 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:11 PM   #43
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 March, 1492 – I declare war on Ichma

Their allies – Muisca, Cusco
Ours – Charca

Our wargoal is Lima. I have two 9k strong armies and order them both into Lima.

19 Mar – I not only beat the 7k troops they had, I rout them. That is an auspicious beginning

1 Apr – One of my armies arrives on the Cusco border where they have 14k troops in Huancavelica.

29 May – We dodge each other, and we capture the minor provinces of Abaney, while they are now in Huancavelica, and Charca is taking land from them in the south

3 June – Muisca arrives in Guayaquil and begins a siege

24 June – Huancavelica falls

6 Sept – charka now have 3 Cusco provinces

15 Sept – After a close battle where we lost a ton of troops, and were almost defeated, we win in Cusco against their force

27 Sept – We recapture Huancavelica

I built some more forces

20 Oct – Cusco retakes Abencay from us

16 Nov – Guayaquil falls

Canari is next

15 Dec – I retake Abancay

13 Feb – 1493 – Lima falls. I order this force to head up north

17 Feb – Canari falls to Muisca

22 May – We win a minor skirmish against Muisca

17 June – We win a major battle in Chachapoyas

4 Sept – Like before, we get a suitable wife event for my son. I disregard mommey

5 Sept – We rout the Muisican army

Charca and Cusco have been exchanging province captures in the southern flank

13 Oct – Canari is ours again

24 March, 1494 – We retake Guayaquil

1 May – After breaking off my army from Cusco and bringing my other army and hitting them from two prongs, I won a very close battle against the main Cusco host in Abancay

9 May – Cuzo province falls to us

And I have a high war score

Here’s what we get:

1). Lima and the annexation of Ichma
2). Cuzco the capital of our foe
3). Abancay, the province next to us

Which we all have some claims on

198 gold

Old 01-13-2016, 05:21 PM   #44
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I order new claims fabricated immediately.

We have our 50 year review soon, so you’ll see stuff then.

I order up some cores!

Lima – Quechua and Into folk work the cloth making trade here, in this mountainous and coastal region. Lima is a Center of Trade and the location of the Oracle of Pachacamac. 11.4 unrest, 40% autonomy, 0.10 made, 6 development. South and down the cost from Chimbote, and next to Jauja and Huancavelica.

Abancay – Quechu aand Inti as well, and more mountain farmers. 0.15 money, 8.9% unrest, and 40% autonomy. 9 development. Abancay is south of Huancavelica and east of Cuzco. The nation of Cusco is to the east with Ayaviri.

Cuzco – Note the province is spelled with a Z and the nation with an S. 14 development from their former capital. Mountains, gold mining is the main trade, Quechua and Into folks, a level 2 castle, and 6.7 unrest (we have troops here) along with 40 autonomy and 0.28 made

Old 01-13-2016, 06:25 PM   #45
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

11 November, 1494 – 50 Year Review Time!

Here’s a screen shot of the whole area. You can see us quite nicely. Cusco is now rumped but still rocking four provinces, while Charca, Pacajes, and Calchaqui are all Inti states that have small numbers too. Our next war has to be against Cusco, they are our only neighbor.

Our last war hit our manpower reserves down. We were around 10k, and now down to 1.5 ish. I have an authority of 98.,and I’ll wait until it reaches 100 nautrally and then use it, instead of forcing it. That way we’ll be in a good solid place.

South of the Inti nations is Charrua, Guarani and Mapuche. All of those are local tribes.

We have 2/3/3 in technology. Cusco is 3/3/5. Pacajes is 2.4.3, Charca 3/4/4/, and such. We are starting to get neighbor bonuses to get us caught up. I suspect we’ll see more tech growth soon from the neighbor bonuses

We have 21 provinces in 50 years.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-13-2016 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:25 PM   #46
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

According to the ledger -

We are ranked 70th in the world

Province overview:

Our top ten provinces by tax:

Quito – 8.4
Chanchan – 7.35
Canari – 7.2
Huanuco – 5.6
Esmeraldas – 5.49
Wankapampa – 5.4
Guayaquil – 4.56
Tumbes – 4.05
Piwra – 3.15
Jauja – 3.15

By Production:

Quito – 3.16
Chanchan – 2.94
Cajamarca – 2.5
Cuzco – 1.85
Huancavelica – 1.39
Wankapampa – 1.31
Canari – 1.31
Esmeraldas – 1.29

Our ruler, Usuy is 2/5/2, and 47 years old. His son is 21

We make 1.45 gold a month after expenses.

We have a forcelimit of 18, but we still have 2 10,000 strong forces.

We have three accepted cultures – Quechua, Chimuan and Caran. We do not accept Chachapoyan. We control the trade node of Lima.

Trade goods by current value:

4.5 -Copper

4.0 Dyes
Silk
Cocoa
Ivory

3.0 Tobacco
Sugar
Cotton
Coffee
Spices
Chinaware
Iron
Salt
Cloth

2.5 Fish
Wool
Wine

2.0 Tropical Wood
Tea
Slaves
Naval Supplies
Fur
Grain

(Gold)

We have an alliance and royal marriage with Charca, and no other relations at this time

And there we are!

Old 01-13-2016, 07:08 PM   #47
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

12 May, 1495 – I get my first claim for Ayaviri in Cusco’s domain

3 July – I now have 100 authority!

What next?

I can get +1 colonists, bonus legitimacy, bonus army morale, or cheaper core-creation costs.

Expanded Mitma Policy –

The policy of moving entire villages from loyal territories into newly conquered land or into the frontier has helped expand the empire. This type of forced resettlement could also be used to resettle the population of newly conquered areas into the core territory of the empire. Strrick lands in place to forbid folks from coming back could be enacted.

+1 colonist

-2 stability

Civil War Erupts

10000 Pretenders in Cajamarca
15000 Pretenders in Quito
8000 in Pisqupampa

I boost stability back up twice. That’ll drop my admin power to a mighty 106

I choose a native policy:

Native Trading Policy

I want my first colony to be Cauca – this is a coastal province up the coast from Esmeraldas and is adjacent to Muisica in Neiva.

12 Aug – Quito is captured

26 Aug – Army defeated in Chanchan after it fled from both my armies

8 Sept – Pisqu falls

15 Sept – I rout one army in Chimbote

22 Dec – I retake Pisqu

25 Dec – Abancay, Cuzco and Lima are all cores

20 Feb, 1496 – I defeat a siege on Chachapoyas. 13 Mar – I rout the 2nd rebel army in Pisqu. One left, currently besieging Guayaquil, but it’s the big one

28 May – I force them away from Guayaquil and defeat them

1 June, – New Tech!

Diplomatic Technology 4 –

Marketplace is available and we can get trade range 10

16 June – We rout th e3rd army in Tumbes

6 July – Quito is ours again

I order more forces built

Old 01-13-2016, 07:55 PM   #48
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

11 Jan, 1497 – I take building Cauca into an city as my next mission

13 May – Our colony is struck by illness! I send someone to help (cost of ADM power and slowed growth for5 years)

Cauca will be a coffee making province

4 June – I send a diplomat to fabricate a claim against Muisica’s Neiva province

28 July – I move some Mitmaq again.

Now that I can build Marketplaces, I take a look around

They give me +50% local trade power. Not really interested right now. I don’t have a lot of building space in these mountains.

I cut the autonomy of Lima, Abancay, Cuzco

1 May – Natives rise up and attack our colony and hurt it a bit

5 May – Event

Inti Raymi, the Festival of the Sun

The Yanca priests in charge of monitoring the sun have proclaimed a most opportune time to celebrate the Inti Raymi festival! The festival, which lasts a few days, involves the whole population of Huanuco as well as important chiefs from the countryside.

I choose to call upon the gods themselves to participate, in addition to the people and the chiefs. Out authority increases by 15. Not making that up.

Some of the chiefs rebel at being told what to do and I order them to come anyway! I choose the force them. 6 regiments each in Jauja and Abeancay

20 May – Celebration of the Inti Raymi! Gain 10 prestige

29 June – Both rebellions have ended

1 July – Pacajes offers us royal marriage. I accept

4 Nov – We get an event!

Trading in Cocoa – We get +5% manpower recovery as long as we lead the world is cocoa production

Old 01-13-2016, 08:18 PM   #49
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

16 Feb, 1499 – Attack in Huanuco!

It seems that someone has attacked and tried to assassinate the leader! But they retreated as soon as they got near It seems like someone is trying to smear the Guard. I order an investigation to begin

3 Mar – Our truce with Muisica ends…

I order an army to Cauca

1 April – Nobility have been encroaching into land in Cajamarca and slowly but surely trying to take it. I tell them to knock it off and return the land. We luckily avoid a rebellion

19 April – Plot Uncovered!

The investigation into the attack reveals an amateurish plot by a group of young nobles who felt marginalized from the guard. They claim the point was not to harm anyone, just to prove a political point. I have two real options:

1). Kill them by sending them to the Sankacancha Pit! Gain some stuff
2). Forgive them, lose 5 authority, and end the Alienated Nobility event that we have

I send them to die for their treason!

23 June – My army arrives in Cauca

I declare war against them and move in. The Arawak Tribe is their sole ally

8 Aug – I defeat the Muisca army in Bogota

25 Aug – I end their army in Neiva.

30 Sept – The Arawak army, 9000 strong, arrives in Neiva to protest our presence.

20 Oct – We win and then capture the province

19 Jan, 1500 – They retake Neiva

12 Feb – I take Tunja, a province north of bogota

13 June – I beat some troops in Tunja

26 June –I retake Neiva again

7 July – I defeat the main Arawak army again in Bogota

6 Aug – Bogota falls to us!

I get in peace:

326 gold
All three Muisca province sand annex them fully:

I order some cores!

I send Wankapampa to the nobility estates

Old 01-13-2016, 08:53 PM   #50
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

4 Oct – Here let me show you a map of the area we just took:

You can see the colony of Cauca where my 3k troops are that connect Esmeraldas with Neiva. We have the three provinces of Muisca now under our control, but we can’t see outside of it – it’s all unexplored fun time. We got a ton of authority with our events and are looking very special.

Here’s let’s look at these three additions. You are going to love them:

Neiva – The Muisca Inti people here work the mountains as farmers, with a developer of 13, and 9 unrest and 47.5 autonomy. 0.28 money right now. Meiva is inland and east of Cauca, and south of Bogota, and next to a lot of unclaimed land. It features a temple

Bogota – The former capital of the Muisca tribe, this mountainous region is known for its high quality cocoa. With a 14 development as well, the Inti people make 0.20 with 8.2 unrest and 49.7 autonomy. Bogota is between Neiva and Tunja

Tunja – The hills of Tunja are known for their salt. The Muisca and Inti people work 12 development, and have 10.8 unrest and an incredibly high 84.3% autonomy. It has a temple, and is north of Bogota. I cut the autonomy right now

And now I have a 64 authority

Very developed areas. Now I’m getting 3.1 authority annually

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-13-2016 at 08:55 PM.