Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-29-2012, 08:01 AM   #1
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Gootan Attacks! or Mars! or Nizami! - GAME OVER (XCOM Enemy Unknown)

I didn't think much about the calling to X-Com. It was a black operation, people thought we were training to a new kind of elite special forces and that we were. We knew they were coming, but it was only a matter of time.

When they hit, it was big and quick. We know they are alien in nature, we have yet to figure out WHERE they came from.

The bulk of our funding came from Asia. Chinese and Japanese business assets paid for all the toys we have the intense facility. My job is to maintain status quo and put down an alien presence with extreme prejudice.

Why am I telling you this? Well, because I am here to recruit you. You see, X-Com needs special soldiers like you. Ones that won't flee at the sight of green blood or your own.

MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:03 AM   #2
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Alright, I am home sick today and I have been playing Xcom all weekend and Brian's dynasty makes me want to get one going and you are all invited to participate. I have ran the first mission and I will be needing soldiers for the remaining.

First Name Last Name
Preferred Nationality
If you want to provide the looks, you can.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:04 AM   #3
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Let's keep up with what I'm doing in that dynasty

Sterling Silvers
Russian
Silver hair but do whatever you want with the rest

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:05 AM   #4
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Coffee Warlord
Baddassery is a nationality and a look unto itself.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #5
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Our first mission was in Osaka, Japan. We dropped down on top of a building as the Skyranger started taking fire. My mission team consisted of Viktor Ivanov, Ping Chen, Takumi Nishamura and Brad Dunn.

As they exit the airship Viktor immediately heads to the left and sets up on overwatch. Brad moves down to the right side and takes some shelter behind some building supplies and contact! He catches some greenskins across the rooftop. They are within firing distance.

Our scientist is going off on how this is some historical event, all I can see from Brad's remote camera is they are green, bug eyed and have weapons. I issue the command to take them down.

Chen dashes right up the middle and sets up on a secure location next to a metal shipping container while Takumi dashes to the left to try and get up on top of another roof.

The aliens waste no time in introducing themselves as hostile and send a volley of green plasma towards Brad, he is hit and panics, shooting at no one in particular. His vitals are through the roof and he is bleeding bad and frozen in place. Chen is in a good spot as the aliens miss her.

Viktor sitting in overwatch catches an alien that decided to move in his line of fire. Viktor pops up and takes him out. What do you know, their blood is green. Viktor then moves to the left again and sits up in some solid concealment and fires again. Down goes alien number 2 and Viktor is feeling it.

Chen falls back and sets up in overwatch. Takumi runs up the ramp to the top of the building and sets up in a spot to be able to see all next round.

Brad is still whimpering and looking at the gaping hole in his arm as another alien sends a barrage of shots his way. It was a gruesome sight but I couldn't take my eyes off of it. The shot hits Brad square in the chest, just below the neck and propels him back. Our first operator is down.

Chen moves back to her position, knowing from command she can lob a grenade and take out two aliens which she pulls the maneuver off to perfection. Except the one alien was partially covered. Chen kills one and seriously injures the other. Our scientist is shrieking about the preservation of their weapons and I tell her to stuff it.

Chen does open herself up to some fire and takes a few shots and she panics as well. Meanwhile, Viktor moves back to the right, sets up and rips off another blast and drops his 3rd alien. Viktor is a monster!

Takumi moves to the next rooftop, sets up and shoots, covering Chen as she is panicking. His shots miss.

The aliens are moving now, one is doing something to the wounded alien telepathically.

Chen recovers to climb up on top of the shipping container and sets up behind some bricks. She fires and misses. Takumi misses to the left and has a great shot on the wounded alien, he is exposed and it should be as simple as pulling the trigger. I think Takumi got a little excited because he hit all around the alien, but not the alien.

Meanwhile thinking Takumi couldn't miss I had ordered Viktor over to the right side some more to take out the other alien. He missed, and Takumi's miss of the wounded alien leaves Viktor exposed. The wounded alien turns and drills Viktor square in the chest and he falls in place. Chen panics again.

Takumi fires at the wounded alien angry and wanting to avenge Viktor, the aliens head explodes and Takumi still empties the gun into the dead aliens body, there is nothing left.

Chen is still huddled up calling for her daddy while an alien moves and takes a shot at her, barely missing her. Whoa, that woke her up. She stands up, and unleashes her fury and the alien goes down.

We do a quick scan of the area and they have all booked out.

Mission Rating
6 Aliens Killed (Excellent)
2 Operators Lost (Poor)

Items Recovered
6 Sectoid Corpses
10 Weapon Fragments

Promotions
Chen is promoted to a Squaddie and is now a Heavy.
Takumi is promoted to a Squaddie and is now a Sniper.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:26 AM   #6
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Following up our first operation I order the research team to study up on the weapon fragments and I get our engineers to build us a medkit, a satellite and a power generator.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:27 AM   #7
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Benton Gale
Aussie Aussie Aussie, Owi Owi Owi...
don't really care how I look...
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:11 AM   #8
MacroGuru
Coordinator

The alarm sounds and their are abductions taking place right now. France calls in offering $200 (Easy), the US calls in offering up 4 of their top scientists(Moderate) and Australia(Difficult) called in offering some of their top engineers.

I make the quick call to get to the USA and figure we need more people on the research side.

We land in Chicago right next to a Bar and Grill, maybe when we are done we can eat and drink to our hearts content.

We bring out Rk. Sterling Silvers (MedKit), SQ. Takumi Nishimura, Rk. Coffee Warlord and Rk. Benton Gale.

Upon landing we survey the landscape. It's a large Bar and Grill with a delivery truck in front and a lot of cars parked next to each other. Some decent cover but if one car blows, there will be a chain reaction.

Silvers moves up on a car and sets up overwatch. Gale sets up overwatch from behind a landing pod. Takumi sprints to the right and hides behind the bar and grills large light pole.

Coffee Warlord moves up behind a car and calls contact as he sees several aliens within the building. He snaps off a shot and misses.

Takumi using the delivery van as cover sprints up and hides behind it. His next move should be able to step out and fire at the aliens in the building with the rifle.

CW fires again and misses the alien again. Damn his aim! Silvers moves up to the side of the building with full cover. He exposes two more aliens who were hidden by the delivery van. Damnit, that leaves Takumi exposed and they run right to him.

Gale sees them step out and right next to Takumi. He moves to the right and lobs a grenade as hard as he can, trying to take them both out. They were both on the periphery of the blast and both took damage.

The Alien CW has been shooting at has grown tired and sends a couple of blasts of his own. Unlike CW he has talent and hits CW right in the chest, knocking him down. CW hops right back up but panics and rifles off some shots into the building. This pinpoints him for another alien who moves up and takes CW down! He is killed.

Another alien tries to fire at Takumi and hits the car in front of him that was already on fire, that sets off a chain reaction of three cars exploding killing himself, another alien and taking Takumi out as well. This causes Gale to panic.

Silvers opens up the door and sends a bunch of bullets to the alien behind the bar, the one that killed CW and hits but does not drop.

The aliens move up. One blows out the side of the building shooting towards Silvers, another hits Silvers right in the side. One more fires at Gale who luckily was tucked down so he is hit, but it's a mere flesh wound.

Silvers slides around flanking the one alien in a window and drops him. Gales falls back to the landing pod and drops another alien.

The aliens are starting to fall back. Silvers moves into the bar and hides behind the pool table and hits an alien. Gale slides up to the side of the building and fires, dropping the alien that Silvers hit.

The last alien is trapped and goes into overwatch. Gale dodges the shots as Silvers is healing himself. As Gale gets to the bar he unleashes a torrent of lead towards the alien and drops him.

The cleanup was simple, but the bar was pretty much destroyed as was all the good liquor.

Mission Rating
6 Aliens Killed (Excellent)
2 Operators Lost (Poor)

Items Recovered
6 Sectoid Corpses
8 Weapon Fragments

Promotions
Silvers is promoted to a Squaddie and is now an Assault Spec.
Gale is promoted to a Squaddie and is now a Support Spec.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:12 AM   #9
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Wow, piss poor shooting by the Warlord was his downfall!

Last edited by MacroGuru : 10-29-2012 at 09:37 AM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #10
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'm starting to think "Sterling Silvers" is Russian for "easily wounded"

SI

Old 10-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #11
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Deacon Palmer
New Zealand (Kiwi Time!)
Looks I leave in your capable hands.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #12
MacroGuru
Coordinator

The sirens were deafening as they woke me from my sleep. It was a UFO, as I am getting dressed I call down to scramble the interceptors.

By the time I get to mission control it had dropped the UFO in Japan and I was left deciding whether or not I wanted to capture this UFO. I send the team out.

Rookies all of them, Hughes, O'Conner, Ngele and Hong. Near Mt. Fuji it was terrain that provided a lot of cover and hiding spots for us and the aliens.

Hughes and Ngele move up on the right while O'Connor goes up the middle and Hong heads to the left. Immediately I get the feeling we will have contact on the right side. But it is O'Connor moving up the middle that catches glimpse of the ones over to the right. The scramble as they see her and she pulls up from cover and drops 1 of the aliens.

The one alien falls back and calls his buddies because two more show up from the left side. They move into place and hit O'Connor, meanwhile the other moves up and hits her as well, and she dies before her body hits the ground.

Ngele panics while Hong moves up and snaps off a shot hitting an alien. Hughes moves up to a spot by O'Connor. The aliens begin moving and firing and one of them hits Hughes, but doesn't kill.

Ngele moves up and drops the alien that Hong wounded. Hughes falls back to a tree and fires, missing. The aliens fall back.

Ngele steps up to more cover and drops an alien.

Just then the sensors go off the charts as an alien forms out of pure energy. It freaks us out a little bit. Hong moves up and misses the alien.

Hughes moves to where he has decent cover and launches a grenade taking out part of the ships hull and wounding the alien in the process.

The alien drops back and fires at Hong, hitting the only exposed part of his body, the head. Hong's body falls.

Ngele moves to cover, firing and missing. Hughes moves to cover, firing and missing. The alien moves into cover and fires hitting Ngele. He drops and starts bleeding, you can hear him whimpering on the radio as he is bleeding out.

Hughes drops back to help Ngele and hides in cover and sends some covering firing, missing the entire time. The alien steps up and fires, catching Hughes in the right shoulder, destroying it. He crumples.

Both operators are critically wounded with two others dead.

The last thing we see back in HQ is the energy form alien walking up and blasting each of them before the feed is cut.

Mission Rating
5 Aliens Killed (Good)
4 Operators Lost (Horrible)

What a devastating mission. We lose 4 rookies and are down a bunch of operators. Our funding is low and we will have to sell some things off before the next council meeting to bring in more operators.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #13
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

CWII reporting for duty!

(I have not ONCE survived my first mission in any X-Com Dynasty, ever).
Old 10-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #14
BYU 14
Coordinator

In!!

Slag Rooney
British
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #15
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Da Law
Any Asian country
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #16
MacroGuru
Coordinator

The council calls a meeting and it's about some damn engineer that managed to get himself captured or rounded up in Canada. They sweeten the pot to make me want to take it. $165 plus 5 additional engineers from the Council nations.

So I jump at it and round up 4 out of our 6 operatives.

Sq. Ping Chen (Heavy)
Sq. Benton Gale (Support)
Rk. Connor Shaw
Rk. Deacon Palmer

Because of the situation our team must sneak in, grab the guy and head to the extraction point. We are near a large building at a dock. The guy is determined to make it back and is begging us to hurry.

Everyone is ordered to take a window at the building, peek in and take overwatch. They do it perfectly, and then the thin man drops from he middle of no where behind us. All 4 operators unleash hell on him and you can tell their frustration comes out as the alien in destroyed.

Gale is sent down the right side of the building, ensuring there are no aliens trying to flank. Chen and Shaw moves into the building with the VIP. Palmer moves to the left of the building.

As Chen gets to the door to the outside she opens it and gets immediate contact. They scramble and she unleashes with her LMG and drops an alien.

A thin man then drops from the sky right in the middle of Chen and Gale. Gale fires at him and misses, the thin man has moved to where Chen can't see him. Palmer moves around and fires at the thin man just wounding him.

The thin man steps out and shoots at Gale and blasts him in the face, Gale falls back and into the water. Chen steps out from her spot and catches another alien as he tries to cross in front of her.

Palmer finishes off the thin man, with a feeling of dread that Gale's death is his fault.

The rest of the squad and the VIP move up into spots, all moving and going into overwatch.

An alien moves into position and Palmer steps out and drops it.

Another thin man falls from the sky and lands right above everyone on a shipping container. Shaw hits it, and Chen moves and drops the thin man.

Chen then moves up and tosses a grenade at an alien that tried to hit her and catches the alien staring at the round device coming right at it.

Another thin man drops from the sky. Shaw moves and tries to get to the thin man. The thin man drops and hits Shaw, killing her immediately. Chen turns and fires missing the thin man while the thin man returns fire, killing Chen.

While all this was happening, Palmer led the VIP to the extraction point and moved back into position around a building, flanking the thin man and dropping him.

Mission Rating
8 Aliens Killed (Excellent)
3 Operators Lost (Poor)

Items Recovered
4 Sectoid Corpses
4 Thin Man Corpses
14 Weapon Fragments

Promotions
Palmer is promoted to a Squaddie and is now a Support Spec.

We take advantage of the money given to us and hire 13 new operators as well as build a SCOPE and Nano Vest.

We also launch a satellite over Russia and with the funding received from them buy an interceptor for Europe.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #17
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Alien Abductions again! We see Argentina (Moderate), Russia (Easy), and Mexico (Moderate).

I decide on Russia as it is close and we will be able to break the rookies in a little better, plus the $200 is needed to expand facilities.

For the mission I have called up:

Rk. Slag Rooney
Rk. Da Law
Sq. Deacon Palmer
Sq. Sterling Silvers

We touchdown outside of a construction site, there is a backhoe with the bucket on the ground in front of us, a bobcat to the right, a knocked down building to the left and a large construction site garbage trailer to the right.

Silvers and Law move to the right, towards the bobcat and set up overwatch while Rooney and Palmer move towards the backhoe and the knocked down building.

Silvers moves from behind the garbage trailer and hides behind the stack of pallets and has contact with 2 aliens immediately. They scramble and Silvers manages to wound one. Palmer tries to get the wounded one while she was on overwatch.

Rooney moves up to hide behind a bunch of steel beams to his right with the backhoe bucket to his back. He pulls up and has the injured alien in the scope and drops it. Law moves to the right and tosses a grenade at the second alien that Silvers engaged and blows it to kingdom come as well as two port a potties.

Rooney's movement brought out contact and the 2 aliens in the destroyed building are on the move. Rooney turns around and wheels on one and drops it where it was hiding.

Palmer moves to the bucket by the back hoe and pops a smoke grenade covering both him and Rooney. Silvers moves up behind some steel beams and has some decent cover.

The alien moves up and snaps a shot off at Silvers an catches him in the head and ending his life. Rooney panics and runs, while Law moves into position and misses.

Alien moves again and shoots at Rooney missing. Palmer steps out and wounds the alien while the close call woke Rooney out of his panic attack and he finishes the alien off.

Mission Rating
4 Aliens Killed (Excellent)
1 Operators Lost (Good)

Items Recovered
4 Sectoid Corpses
6 Weapon Fragments

Promotions
Rooney is promoted to a Squaddie and is now an Assault Spec.
Law is promoted to a Squaddie and is now a Sniper.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #18
MacroGuru
Coordinator

30 Day Council Report

I was slightly concerned going into the meeting with the council, I had lost a lot of operatives this first month, but they came back extremely pleased with my work giving me an A rating. They also give us an additional +$325, 1 scientist and another engineer.

The Panic Ratings - The following areas are yellow or higher:

North America: Canada and Mexico
South America: Argentina
Europe: UK, France and Germany
Asia: India and Australia

FOFC Report
Palmer - 2 Missions, 2 Kills
Rooney - 1 Mission, 3 Kills
Law - 1 Mission, 1 Kill

FOFC Graveyard
Benton Gale - 2 Missions, 6 Kills
Sterling Silvers - 1 Mission, 2 Kills
Coffee Warlord - 0 Mission, 1 Kill
Old 10-29-2012, 12:03 PM   #19
BYU 14
Coordinator

Nice start for Wayne, er Slag

Looks like things are starting to roll after that last mission. What do you have to do to get 6 operatives on a mission?
Old 10-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #20
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Wow. Sterling died so quickly I skimmed it over initially

SI

Old 10-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #21
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Nice start for Wayne, er Slag

Looks like things are starting to roll after that last mission. What do you have to do to get 6 operatives on a mission?

It's rank. I need a Sgt in order to get five and then I think it's a corporal to get it to six.

Those few missions where everyone was missing and the Aliens weren't, hurt.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #22
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Wow. Sterling died so quickly I skimmed it over initially

SI

And I had made him look all cool and everything, I was quite bummed about it..
Old 10-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #23
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Benton Gale II ready to go when needed, Sir!
Old 10-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #24
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Same with Sterling Silvers II

You can reuse the cool look

SI

Old 10-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #25
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Ardent Enthusiast. I care not about anything else.

Respawn won't be needed. He eats alien weaponry for breakfast.

In case he dies from boredom, respawn as necessary.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #26
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru
It's rank. I need a Sgt in order to get five and then I think it's a corporal to get it to six.

Actually no, it's just credits and an Officer Training School to get to five. Six requires a Captain and a lot more credits.

I think the Council couldn't give a rat's arse about your operatives, and mostly just wants you to succeed in missions. That's my impression so far, anyway.

Oh, and ...

Jerome Alstott
Preferably something European
default appearance.

May you fare better than I have.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #27
MacroGuru
Coordinator

We were quickly informed of a UFO landing in Russia. We scrambled before they could get set up and set down. We were in a wooded remote area of Russia.

The team I sent out was:

Sq. Da Law
Sq. Deacon Palmer
Sq. Slag Rooney
Rk. Coffee Warlord II

We try a new tactic this time around and try swinging the squad to the left, towards higher ground and bringing them around the map.

Law was trying to get to high ground for his sniping, while Rooney and Warlord were moving up and Palmer was going to be in the middle.With the terrain, Palmer ended up out front and was the first in contact with 3 Sectoids. Palmer fired and hit the lead sectoid.

Warlord was set up on overwatch and missed. An alien moved up and hit Warlord pretty hard.

All 4 open up on the aliens and all 4 miss! This is why their earlier squad mates are deceased, they couldn't hit anything. An alien opens up on Warlord and misses. Another one moves up and hits Palmer who panics causing Warlord to panic as well.

Rooney moves up and kills the fool that shot Palmer. Law takes aim at another and misses.

The aliens move but are unable to get a shot off. Palmer and Law both miss while Rooney moves up closer and gets another kill.

The aliens begin a fall back action and we start moving up. Palmer misses while everyone moves and sets up for over watch.

Rooney slides out of over watch and kills another alien. That's 3 for Rooney on this mission. Palmer steps out and shoots an alien, wounding it.

The aliens again move in a retreat action and we move up and set up for over watch except for Palmer. Palmer has the alien he wounded in his sites and drops him.

An alien moves and blind fires towards Rooney and hits him. Palmer then pops the smoke to cover the squad.

Rooney moves away and misses, we are now up by the UFO and the aliens are using it as a staging area.

Palmer slides up and shoots, missing an alien. The alien opens up on Rooney, missing and Rooney returns fire missing.

Law snipes with the headshot, dropping the alien right where he stood.

Warlord makes his move up and begins his skeet shooting with a Floater, dropping it with his first few rounds. Another Floater takes aim at Rooney and misses. Rooney returns fire and hits the Floater. Warlord finishes it off!

A lot of strategic movement by both the aliens and the squad. Palmer hits another Floater. Then we go through a bout of exchanging fire with the aliens, neither side hitting each other but destroying a lot of ground.

Warlord finally gets in the shot and drops another Floater. That's 3 kills for Warlord this mission!

Rooney moves up to the hull of the UFO and has contact with a pure energy being. He fires and hits the being. Palmer moves up to support Rooney and kills the being.

A sectoid moves up close and fires at Rooney, missing. Rooney moves into the UFO drawing gasps from the scientists and engineers as they all have nerdgasms over the technology. While Rooney was distracting the Sectoid, Warlord came up behind him and stunned him with the Arc. Capturing an Alien and finalizing the mission! Warlord was the hero!

Mission Rating
10 Aliens Killed (Excellent)
0 Operators Lost (Excellent)

Items Recovered
Plasma Pistol
5 Sectoid Corpses
3 Floater Corpses
1 Sectoid Captured
25 Elerium
60 Alien Alloys
18 Weapon Frags
2 UFO Flight computers
UFO Power Source

Promotions
Rooney is promoted to Corporal
Palmer is promoted to Corporal
Warlord is promoted to a Squaddie and is now a Support Spec.

The capturing of the Alien and the UFO has allowed us some new research. We have the ability to research:

Carapace Armor
Beam Weapons
Plasma Pistol
Alien Nav Comp
UFO Power Source
Floater Autopsy
Sectoid Interrogation.

We promptly get to work interrogating the Sectoid.

Palmer will be out for 6 days due to wounds suffered
Rooney will be out for 14 days due to wounds suffered
Warlord will be out for 15 days due to wounds suffered.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #28
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Another alien abduction alert, this time we have the ability to choose between the UK (Very Difficult), Argentina (Difficult) or Nigeria (Moderate). The UK and Argentina are close to all out panic, but I will be sending some rookies out there, I have to send them to Nigeria.

The Squad is:

Sq. Da Law
Rk. Ardent Enthusiast
Rk. Benton Gale II
Rk. Jerome Alstott

We touchdown outside an Office complex. We keep with what we have been doing and go full on squad leap frogging down the right side. We get to the side office door of the building. AE opens the door and Law bursts in and takes cover in a cubicle area, as he runs through, he makes contact with 2 floaters. Alsott slides to the side of the door and fires wounding a floater. AE pops in and finishes it off. At this point the aliens fall back.

We move into the room and all take secure locations with over watch on. A floater and a couple of sectoids move into our line of site and EVERYONE unleashes and EVERYONE misses. The aliens continue their movement.

AE wounds an alien and Alstott mops it up.

The aliens move around, Law misses on an over watch shot, but he turns around and takes it's head off with his rifle.

Alstott runs to the wall next to a room and tosses in a grenade, he wounds 2 floaters but neither one goes down.

Gale moves up and goes into over watch. As the aliens move he drops one. A floater breaks through the wall and lands next to Alstott firing at Gale and wounding him. Alstott unleashes but in his panic and surprise, misses it altogether. Gale even with the injury finishes off the alien.

AE Moves up and heals Gale as the last alien falls back. It is then a set up to move Law and AE around the right side of the office and Alstott and Gale around the left side and hoping to pinch the alien in the middle.

What they didn't know is the alien went out the back door. As they all set up and were preparing to go out the door and take the alien on he makes a kamikaze move and bursts through the door and spins and takes out Alstott. What a talented rookie too!

Gale freaks as he wears pieces of his squadmate on his face and clothing. Law lines up the shot and blasts the alien adding to the decoration of Gale.

Mission Rating
1Operators Lost (Good)

Items Recovered
4 Sectoid Corpses
4 Floater Corpses
1 Sectoid Captured
16 Weapon Frags

Promotions
Law is promoted to Corporal
Gale is promoted to a Squaddie and is now a Sniper.
AE is promoted to a Squaddie and is now a Heavy

Argentina and the UK are in full on Panic mode and if we do not take care of them they will leave the council.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #29
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Lovely. *Sigh*. Feel free to respawn and kill me again :P
Old 10-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #30
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Wounded AND the mission hero. Booyah. CWII cannot be killed by your puny alien weapons!

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 10-29-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:30 PM   #31
MacroGuru
Coordinator

We are being asked to make a choice between essentially Germany and Australia as the alien abductions are happening. Both are a step down from panic level.

We select Germany due to the fact they will bring us more money and send a squad out.

Sq. Ardent Enthusiast
Cpl. Da Law
Sq. Benton Gale II
Rk. Sterling Silvers II

We touch down near a museum and a bridge over a road. Silvers moves up and immediately has contact with them. AE opens up with the LMG and drops an alien while Law misses with his pistol.

Silvers misses an alien while on over watch. Silvers is then hit by an Alien blast. Law and Gale both miss their targets. Silvers falls back out of the action to recover.

An alien misses AE while another one hits Law. Law returns fire dropping the alien. AE launches a rocket and blows the alien and a large statue away.

We move up and drop down in the roadway. AE steps out and drops an alien as does Silvers.

The aliens move up. Law takes a headshot at one and the aliens head disintegrates. AE being the Heavy and all about destruction and tosses a grenade. He wounds two aliens but is shot himself in the process and panics, running back for cover.

Law steps up and takes down an alien. Gale drops another one and Silvers moves up and takes another one out.

The last alien moves to a position that no one can get to unless they move. Law switches to his pistol, moves up and takes the alien down.

A clean mission!

Mission Rating

Items Recovered
4 Sectoid Corpses
6 Thin Man Corpses
18 Weapon Frags

Promotions
Law is promoted to Sergeant
Silvers is promoted to a Squaddie and is now a Sniper.

We are informed there is wide spread panic in Canada. We are now able to build an officers training school which we promptly do.

Australia informs us that they are leaving the council and we are 1/8 on the doom meter.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #32
Grover
Pro Starter

Sign me up!

Shane Sexton
American
Looks - sexy

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:31 PM   #33
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Dayum, Da Law be representin'.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #34
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by law90026 View Post
Dayum, Da Law be representin'.

He is turning into quite a sniper, I am liking him..so I will cry when he dies...
Old 10-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #35
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Another UFO Sighting above Japan and we scramble the interceptors. The last time we approached a downed UFO it took out an entire squad. I hope for a change.

The one benefit we receive was the commissioning and opening of the Officers Training School. That tactical benefit alone will help by us bringing out 5 squad members on a mission.

I quickly call up the vets for this one.

Sgt. Da Law
Cpl. Deacon Palmer
Sq.Slag Rooney
Sq. Benton Gale II
Sq. Coffee Warlord II

We touchdown near the UFO, with it just north of us. I immediately order the squad to move to the left, slipping and sliding going into over watch their entire way there.

It takes a little bit and we can hear and sense the aliens around us. We are expecting a surprise attack at any time. It's the aliens mistake as they cross in front of all squad members line of site while they are in over watch. The entire squad misses..how the hell do you miss someone throwing that much hot lead around.

Palmer moves up and misses an alien. The alien returns fire and the rock that Palmer was hiding behind holds up to the barrage. The other alien fires at Gale and misses high.

Gale steps out to return fire and misses. Palmer stays put because the rock and cover are his friend. He steps out and shoots, missing again. I am starting to grow concerned when Warlord eases the pain and proves to me they can hit something as we slides out and takes the shot, wounding an alien. Law draws a bead and fires, missing.

The aliens all move, the two we originally contacted with and 2 more that have come out of the UFO. They all set up in spots they thought would help.

Law pulls up one in his scope and drops it while on over watch, Kill! Meanwhile, Palmer does the same with, another Kill.

Law then takes aim with a head shot and almost immediately the aliens head explodes. Warlord is able to get back into the action as he moves up and takes out another. Great squad work there.

The squad is still on the left side of the UFO and Palmer pops some smoke to mask the squad and make them harder to hit. The aliens pull out their own TET Offensive and unleash hell at us. Everyone is pretty safe except for Warlord and he takes the brunt of two shots, but is still hanging in there.

Rooney moves to flank an alien and takes it out from behind. Gale takes aim, fires and hits the floater. Palmer finishes off the floater.

Warlord on one knee manages to pop the pure energy being with Law finishing him off.

The last alien falls back and shoots, missing Rooney by a mile. Rooney runs up and finishes it off.

Mission Rating

Items Recovered
5 Sectoid Corpses
2 Floater Corpses
16 Weapon Frags
14 Elerium
86 Alien Alloys
UFO Flight Computer
3 UFO Flight Computers damaged
2 Power Sources damaged

Promotions
Gale is promoted to Corporal
Palmer is promoted to a Sergeant

Argentina, UK and India are in wide spread panic.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:18 AM   #36
PilotMan
Head Coach

You need a fuckin' PilotMan.

or II or III as needed.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #37
MacroGuru
Coordinator

30 Day Council Report

The meeting with the council I took a beating over the loss of Australia and the potential other countries. They only gave me a C rating. Time to clean that up.

The Panic Ratings - The following areas are yellow or higher:

North America: Canada and Mexico
South America: Argentina
Europe: UK, France
Asia: India

FOFC Report
Palmer - 4 Missions, 6 Kills
Rooney - 3 Missions, 9 Kills
Law - 5 Missions, 10 Kills
Gale II - 3 Missions, 4 Kills
AE - 2 Missions, 5 Kills
Warlord II - 2 Missions, 4 Kills
Silvers II - 1 Mission, 2 Kills
Alstott II - No Mission Yet
Sexton - No Mission Yet

FOFC Graveyard
Benton Gale - 2 Missions, 6 Kills
Sterling Silvers - 1 Mission, 2 Kills
Coffee Warlord - 0 Mission, 1 Kill.
Jerome Alstott - 1 Mission, 1 Kill
Old 10-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #38
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I have been informed of Argentina and India withdrawing from the Council this hurts.

We have been studying the aliens technology and have developed Laser Rifles, Laser Sniper Rifles and Laser Pistols.

We do have alien abductions in Mexico (Very Difficult), France(Very Difficult) and Egypt(Very Difficult).

Mexico and France are the same as far as Panic goes so we pick France.

I send out:

Sq. Ardent Enthusiast (Heavy)
Sgt. Deacon Palmer (Support)
Sgt. Da Law (Sniper)
Cpl. Slag Rooney (Assault)
Rk. Jerome Alstott II

I bring out the rookie to get some experience with seasoned operators.

When we land in Lyonne, we are right by a nice quaint French Bar and Grill. We make an immediate assessment of terrain and move to the left, where there is a little more open terrain between the cars and the buildings.

Rooney and Palmer makes their moves immediately to the left and go on over watch. Law and Alstott move up and provide cover for AE he steps in front of them. AE makes immediate contact with 3 thin men who scramble when the see him.

Law fires off a shot from over watch hitting one thin man, AE fires missing completely which ends up being his demise as an alien hits him with poison and he is flanked by the one he missed and takes a barrage of shots into the body killing him and causing Law to panic as he watches his good friend die.

Alstott steps up for the rookie and drops the alien where he stood. The aliens make their movement trying to line themselves up strategically. Law scopes a thin man in the head and watches the melon burst. Rooney how has continued to move to the left comes in contact with Sectoids and takes a shot at one killing him.

The 1 thin man that is left moves up and fires at Law missing and hitting the car behind him setting fire to it. The sectoids try to move and head towards the building, Palmer steps out and drops one on over watch.

Law scopes out the thin man and takes him down. As the aliens move, Law catches two floaters and 3 more sectoids calling for the contact. Alstott has moved to the left as Law has dropped back. One floater moves into position and shoots at Law missing completely. Alstott steps out of over watch and hits the floater while Law stands strong and takes this one out yelling "For AE" pumping his fist in the air.

We have 2 sectoids in the building and 1 more trying to flank down the right side. The team moves up into the building and Rooney, Alstott sit behind a pool table using it for cover while Palmer and Law move up using the building for cover.

An alien moves into position and fires at Alstott, Law returns the fire with a pistol and Rooney mops it up. Another alien has moved into position and tries at Alstott missing completely. Rooney turns and blasts this alien into the wall, seeing it slump.

The last alien moves and as it does Law pops off a shot and hits it out of over watch. The alien stops and fires at Alstott missing. The alien is hidden behind the wall and so Rooney decides to toss a grenade eliminating the wall and wounding the alien. The shock of the wall disintegrating in front of it was to much for the alien and he is stunned as Law finishes him off with a cool placed shot right between it's eyes.

Mission Rating
1 Operators Lost (Good)

Items Recovered
5 Sectoid Corpses
2 Floater Corpses
3 Thin Men
18 Weapon Frags

Promotions
Law is promoted to Lieutenant
Rooney is promoted to Corporal
Alstott II is promoted to Squaddie Heavy to replace AE.

We finish the week off with SCOPE upgrades, a heavy weapons platform and Carapace armor all going through Research and Engineering.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #39
MacroGuru
Coordinator

We send out two interceptors over Russia to take down a UFO and one is shot down and the other is sent home licking it's wounds. We messed that one up bad.

Almost immediately after we have reports of another UFO, this one over Japan. We scramble our interceptor and it basically goes on a Kamikaze mission to take the UFO down and it succeeds.

We send out:

Lt. Da Law
Sgt. Deacon Palmer
Sgt. Slag Rooney
Sq. Jerome Alstott II
Rk. Pi Lot Man

We are in the woods and start to move to the right side of the UFO and realize there isn't much there, not even a way for the aliens to come out. We start shifting left and we run into contact with 2 aliens, all of our over watch shots miss.

Man breaks free and moves up taking out an alien. Palmer misses with his shot. As the squad continues to shift to the left we have contact again, this time with 3 thin men. Alstott shreds one on over watch with his machine gun while Law misses with his laser pistol.

Alstott opens up the LMG and decimates another thin man. The aliens begin movement again trying to flank, Alstott misses but Law does what he does best with his Laser Sniper Rifle and takes out another alien. Palmer misses on his over watch shots.

Law takes aim and drops a floater with a head shot. The group moves a few times as does the aliens. It get's to the point one pokes his head out and Law injuries it and Alstott cleans up on over watch.

The squad moves into the UFO, going room to room and we see an Energy Alien. We are supposed to capture it but we can't in the room it's in and where it's located without taking mass casualties. The alien moves up and hits Rooney, injuring him.

Alstott moves up to a spot where he might be able to stun him. Man takes off into the room with the alien and shoots, missing completely. The alien returns fire critically wounding Man. Alstott flips as he sees Man's blood all over the wall and tries to flee. Rooney, takes steady aim and head shots the energy being taking it out.

With the mission over, Pi Lot Man was lucky he is still alive.

Mission Rating

Items Recovered
2 Sectoid Corpses
2 Floater Corpses
2 Thin Men
37 Elerium
61 Alloys
3 UFO Flight Computers
UFO Power Source
2 Damaged Flight Computers
Damaged Power Source

Promotions
Rooney is promoted to Lieutenant

I don't remember receiving notice from the UK backing out of the council but they have. We are at 4/8 on the doom scale.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #40
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Fuckin' Brits.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #41
BYU 14
Coordinator

Rooney and Law have been busy. Looks like Slag gets some R&R after being wounded though.

The team is on a roll!!
Old 10-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #42
MacroGuru
Coordinator

The council calls me into a meeting, they have a new mission for us. This one is to recover a scientist at an Observatory. The thing is, the aliens found out this guy was poking around their stuff and knows some things. They are intent on getting to him.

I send

Sq. Coffee Warlord II
Sgt. Deacon Palmer
Lt. Da Law
Sq. James Alstott II
Cpl. Benton Gale II

The squad starts inside the observatory with the scientist. We move toward an exit door to the left immediately. Control reports x-rays on their way and we see a thin man drop right in front of the window. Law is on overwatch with his pistol and fires, hitting the alien. He quickly holsters and pulls up his rifle and drops the alien.

I order Palmer to the right door and he peeks outside and has contact with 3 more thin men. I have Alstott move over to support Palmer with his LMG. I send the scientist with those two. I want to get Palmer and Gale up on top where they can do some damage with their rifles and I use Warlord as support. So he starts it, heading out the door when OMG WHAT THE HELL A THIN MAN HIDING! The alien unleashes on Warlord and all he can do is fight back, he is close enough he should splatter the alien onto the side of the building but he doesn't finish it and the alien returns fire obliterating Warlord on the spot.

Law steps out after seeing the exchange and drops the alien with his pistol. Palmer moves to open the door to the outside, pops out and takes an alien down. Alstott sets up in the window and takes down a thin man.

An alien whips a poison dart at it explodes on Alstott forcing him to move out of the gas. Palmer moves over and cures him.

Gale moves to the top of the observatory and aims at a thin man missing the headshot. The alien responds in kind and hits Gale. Law runs up past Gale and is going to cover the other side of the building.

Gale shoots at the alien and hits him, not taking him down. The alien responds with a poison dart and hits. Another alien moves in and hits Gale in the head and he tumbles off the top of the building.

Law pulls up and tears the head off the alien that killed Gale. Alstott misses an alien on over watch and when the alien sets and fires he misses too. Alstott with an empty gun, drops it, letting the sling hold it and grabs the launcher and blows an alien to smithereens with a rocket.

Palmer takes down an alien on overwatch. The squad now moves into the building next to the LZ. They have the scientist in tow. An alien whips poison at Law and hits him.

Palmer is set and trades shots with an alien both doing damage, it was the one that snuck up on the flank and took him out. Alstott panics and rattles off his gun, hitting Law with the strays.

Law moves to avoid the crazed Heavy and is taken down by an alien, he is in critical condition. The scientist books it to the LZ and is picked up.

Alstott is still in panic mode and doesn't see the blast that hits him in the back of the head.

That's it, the entire squad gone, some serious vets that had led us and had a lot of kills.

We recovered nothing, the world is on the brink of collapse and X-com just took their biggest loss of talented personnel since our inception.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #43
BYU 14
Coordinator

Damn, that was a big loss, Law was our most decorated fighter. Rooney has sworn revenge!!

BTW, you playing on classic?
Old 10-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #44
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Damn, that was a big loss, Law was our most decorated fighter. Rooney has sworn revenge!!

BTW, you playing on classic?

Yes and it is challenging. On most missions I have taken to move forward and overwatch, it's what has helped me..that and patience.

I don't think you can do that to much on an escort mission as they keep sending waves after waves at you. But I didn't expect the one Thin Man to be hiding around the corner on over watch. I think if Warlord would have killed the guy it would have been a different outcome as we would have been able to do a little more house keeping on our left flank.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:08 PM   #45
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

The aliens should be paying me for all the work I did on that mission, panicking and injuring XCOM's best, etc.

Fail. Epic fail.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:35 AM   #46
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Gale ready to roll again when needed...I really need to get out of this Red Star Trek uniform...I don't think it's helping...
Old 10-31-2012, 07:37 AM   #47
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I think this is a race for which X-Com dynasty can lose first

SI

Old 10-31-2012, 07:50 AM   #48
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Now that I am not home sick it will probably be 1 mission a night until the weekends where I will probably run a couple.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:00 AM   #49
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

And we're up to version 3.0 on both sides!

edit: Make that 4 on the other side. Coffee Warlords don't live long.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 10-31-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:33 AM   #50
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Da Law is back! (when there's a spot of course)