Old 12-13-2006, 08:39 PM   #1751
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

woohoo it worked
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:46 PM   #1752
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Gramm, anything you can tell us about the duel picking process? Do you choose, or do we?
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:46 PM   #1753
hoopsguy
General Manager

So this is less drama than I expected down the stretch.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:46 PM   #1754
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I think everyone is just holding their breath waiting for the fireworks.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:47 PM   #1755
Tyrith
College Starter

I think LSG giving up priority to the other duel puts us mostly in the clear.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:47 PM   #1756
Fouts
College Starter

I have done my part, for better or worse. I am taking a stand against a suspicious character. I would rather go down making a play against the (perceived) bad guys, than ganging up on a guy the wolves want us to lynch.

I still cannot fathom blade scanning NTN over CW last night. The night before would have made sense, but not last night.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:48 PM   #1757
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
I think LSG giving up priority to the other duel puts us mostly in the clear.

I don't understand this comment at all. Can you clarify?
Old 12-13-2006, 08:48 PM   #1758
Fouts
College Starter

All that said, if CW is a wolf, then I am looking pretty bad.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:48 PM   #1759
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Blade didn't scan NTN last night.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:49 PM   #1760
Tyrith
College Starter

He scanned Brian, fouts.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:49 PM   #1761
hoopsguy
General Manager

Didn't Blade scan BrianD last night, not NTN?
Old 12-13-2006, 08:49 PM   #1762
Blade6119
Coordinator

I didnt scan NTN, i scanned brian. One of the ones claiming a role and clearing another uncleared person. By clearing brian i cleared brian, dt, and ntn.

If i scanned CW i could clear one person.

Risk reward fouts, the first makes more sense to me
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:50 PM   #1763
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I don't understand this comment at all. Can you clarify?

"If multiple challenges occur and you cannot work out who should fight, the GM will determine. This will usually result in the first challenge accepted taking the duel. Although a particularly grievous event could trump first acceptance."

Well, LSG pretty much said blade and fouts should fight over her duel. It's pretty obvious path wanted no part of the duel. This seems like all the relevant people figured it out themselves, and gram isn't going to randomly give us path/lsg.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:51 PM   #1764
Fouts
College Starter

My bad. I guess I had it wrong in my head.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:51 PM   #1765
hoopsguy
General Manager

Let's be clear - Brian's info states people were in their room on a given night. It does not absolutely clear them, but certainly is a check in the "good" book.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:52 PM   #1766
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Let's be clear - Brian's info states people were in their room on a given night. It does not absolutely clear them, but certainly is a check in the "good" book.

That is an important distinction. I can say for sure who didn't commit a kill on a specific night, but that doesn't mean they are on the good team.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:53 PM   #1767
hoopsguy
General Manager

Tyrith, I don't know what the criteria is for "grevious" nor do I have any idea if it has been met.

I have gone on the record suggesting I want the Path/LSG dual over the Blade/Fouts duel. You posted yourself that you thought Path/LSG gave us a better chance to win.

I would love for people to comment between now and the deadline which duel they would rather see and why. I don't know if it makes a bit of difference in terms of which one actually runs, but I do think it makes sense to get a pulse of where people are in the game before we have the opportunity to see the results.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:55 PM   #1768
Fouts
College Starter

I would rather see fouts/blade.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:56 PM   #1769
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I'll be honest and say I am looking for the Blade/Fouts matchup. I was the first one to jump on the suspicious nature of the Blade/Tyrith reveal, but I wasn't sure enough to push for a lynch. Fouts had the stones to go for it, so I am curious to see how it plays out. This is huge risk/reward. If Blade dies and really is a good seer, we are fairly screwed.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:57 PM   #1770
st.cronin
General Manager

I would prefer to see Blade vs. Fouts, since I suspect one of them is bad. I think both LSG and Path are Cardinals.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:57 PM   #1771
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

What is the current vote count?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:57 PM   #1772
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
I'll be honest and say I am looking for the Blade/Fouts matchup. I was the first one to jump on the suspicious nature of the Blade/Tyrith reveal, but I wasn't sure enough to push for a lynch. Fouts had the stones to go for it, so I am curious to see how it plays out. This is huge risk/reward. If Blade dies and really is a good seer, we are fairly screwed.

If blae was the good seer, he would have put up a bigger fight against my challenging him.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:57 PM   #1773
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Tyrith, I don't know what the criteria is for "grevious" nor do I have any idea if it has been met.

I have gone on the record suggesting I want the Path/LSG dual over the Blade/Fouts duel. You posted yourself that you thought Path/LSG gave us a better chance to win.

I would love for people to comment between now and the deadline which duel they would rather see and why. I don't know if it makes a bit of difference in terms of which one actually runs, but I do think it makes sense to get a pulse of where people are in the game before we have the opportunity to see the results.

hoops, read the rest..."if you cannot work out who should fight". The fighters/the group in general can decide.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:00 PM   #1774
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Time check
Old 12-13-2006, 09:01 PM   #1775
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

If nobody has a current vote count, I will need to go back and count....
Old 12-13-2006, 09:02 PM   #1776
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I would prefer to see Blade vs. Fouts, since I suspect one of them is bad. I think both LSG and Path are Cardinals.

My worry is that 3 out of the 4 in this group, if not 4 of 4, are good guys. So I am not wild about the risk/reward aspect tonight, although if we find ourselves in a bad spot tomorrow we may have to depend upon duel conditions being met to pull out the game.

If Fouts wins his duel as Duke, and Blade shows as a dead good seer, do we trust him more or less?

Anyways, I hope this works out for the best but I'm worried about losing one of our better guns, and potentially our remaining seer, in this showdown. And I think we need all the capable fighters we can have tomorrow without losing one in a showdown tonight and having the remaining ones more vulnerable tonight.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:02 PM   #1777
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I know we had CW with a majority, but not the exact count.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:05 PM   #1778
Fouts
College Starter

If blade is the good seer, you should lynch me immediately.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:05 PM   #1779
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Hoops, I would say neither clears themselves by living. We could have any combination in the fight including good/good and bad/bad. All we will find out is the role of the dead guy.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:09 PM   #1780
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
If blae was the good seer, he would have put up a bigger fight against my challenging him.

My role has been public for days...what more can i say to you to make you change your mind? I dont have any awesome duel avoiding features, actually the opposite...which you took advantage of today to put me at risk.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:12 PM   #1781
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

If fouts does spank Blade I don't necessarily think Fouts is a bad guy. I think these duels today might hurt us in the long run. Especially if CW is a good guy. Then we run a risk of losing 2 good guys today and another tonight.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:13 PM   #1782
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Okay, I have:

9 CW - ntndeacon, path, lathum, tyris, blade, brianD, hoops, st.cronin, LSG
2 Lathum - daddyt, coffee warlord
1 Blade - fouts

Anybody disagree?
Old 12-13-2006, 09:14 PM   #1783
Blade6119
Coordinator

nope
Demotivation
Old 12-13-2006, 09:18 PM   #1784
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

If CW turns out bad then I guess we will all be looking at Daddy since he is the only that didn't vote for him...

Its hard to believe Daddy is bad for four games in a row
Old 12-13-2006, 09:19 PM   #1785
Tyrith
College Starter

DO THE WRITEUP :P
Old 12-13-2006, 09:19 PM   #1786
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

sounds right
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:20 PM   #1787
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
sounds right

The whole your evil thing?
Demotivation
Old 12-13-2006, 09:20 PM   #1788
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Hello Jon, I'm thinking we should get together and not accept our deaths. What do you think?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:23 PM   #1789
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

You all gather around once again. But you finally notice the giant blade, called a Guillotine is not longer with you in the courtyard. One of you asks, “where is the beheading machine?”
M Grenier says, “oh, that thing, it was actually called the Scottish Maiden. Damn thing broke, the heavy blade kept cathing on the side rails. We have switched to a more conventional method”.
You look across the courtyard and see a rather large brute of a man wearing a black sleevless shirt, sporting two big guns holding a giant two handed sword. MME. LoneStarGirl says “wow, he looks like he works out a lot.” Next to the Executioner is an old tree stump sporting a deep blackish color.

M. Grenier says, “before we start the order of business for the day, It appears we have a challenge to settle. M. Path has dropped his glove in challenge and MME LoneStarGirl has accepted”. We also have M. Blade challenging M. Fouts. Well, MME. LSG has told me that she feels she has been grievously wronged by M. Path’s insulting challenge. MME. LSG says “He looks so little and….well little, I don’t see why I should have to kill him”.
M. Path retorts “little, why you scrawny pup, I’m well big enough to teach you a lesson or two”.
“Hmpf, I am the teacher and you shall be the student. Class is not yet dismissed”.
“Why you insolent little” – M. Path is cut off
“What, were you going to call me the B word?” MME. LSG cuts in.
“Of course not, I was going to say…. Oh never mind.”
M. Blade speaks up, “I have challenged M. Path too and should get a chance.”
“Shut up and get in line fancy pants, you don’t even know who you want to fight”.
“Have you no manners?” retorts M. Blade, with a look of indignity upon his face.
“Bah, if this duel doesn’t start soon, I’m leaving.”

On cue M. Grenier steps up and produces the finely crafted wheel lock dueling pistols. Each combatant inspects their weapon and nod in agreement they are satisfied the guns are loaded and ready to fire.

M. Path and MME. LSG stand back to back. Authors note - M. Path is a full head taller than MME. LSG.
M. Grenier counts as the two take their steps and stop on the count of ten.
“FIRE”.
Upon that curt bark, many of you dive for cover recalling the near incident from the prior day.
M. Path wheels aims and fires. You hear the familiar loud report and see the belch of fire and black power. The musket ball hits MME. LSG square in the hat knocking it off her head. MME. LSG simply sticks the firearm into her belt and says “I don’t need this to deal with the likes of you”. She draws steel and closes the gap. M. Path draws his rapier and assumes the position.

MME. LSG dances around M. Path, the sound of steel ringing in the air. It makes you all crave an opportunity to wield your own swords and kill an Englishman or something like that. Even a Heugenot would do right now.

Steel on steel the fight ensues as MME. LSG parrys and thrusts looking for an opening in M. Paths defenses. She finds what she is looking for and delivers to M. Path a glancing blow to his off hand shoulder. M. Path spits and says, “I’ve taken enough of this le poop” and charges in with an errant concern to defense. MME. LSG is caught off guard and receives a gash on her stomach. She looks furious! M. Path presses on and tags her on the cheek leaving a thin cut from ear to chin. Blood dripping from her face, MME LSG says “That was my good side, now you will pay”.
With a furious anger, she gives it her all and has M. Path in retreat, beating back attack after attack. Before M. Path can recover, MME. LSG runs him through in the belly, leaving her rapier in his gut. “Ouch!” exclaims M. Path as he falls to the ground in the very spot M. Coffee found himself in yesterday. Of course with the added detail of a rapier in his mid section.
MME. LSG walks slowly around M. path drawing the pistol from her belt. M. Path watches her in mute horror. She circles to face him. Her standing, he on his back propped up on his shoulders facing her. MME. LSG aims the pistol at M. Path and says “Oh, don’t get your panties in a bunch, I gotta do it.” With that she fires the weapon and a cloud of smoke engulfes M. Path’s head. When the smoke clears you see M. Path took a musket shot in the forehead and is very much dead. In fact, he and MME. LSG are now the same height.

You all look on in shock. MME. LSG casually looks at you all and says “what? The worms gotta eat too.” And she walks off.

M. Grenier say, “you have spoken in unison or at least majority.” The Executioner, M. Gallagher walks up and flexes his big guns. He looks at you all and shakes his right arm, saying “this is law” and then he brings up his left “and this is order”.

M. Coffee is restrained by the guards and his arms are tied to his side as he is forced down to his knees. His head is placed upon the blackened stump. The Executioner hefts his great sword and says “Don’t worry lad, I’m English, my aim is true”. With that, he brings down his sword and clips M. Coffee splitting his shoulder just a bit to the left of his neck.
“Damn, I missed”.
M. Coffee wailes in agony as his white smock is covered in crimson.
“Hold still chap, I’ll get it this time”.
WHACK, he clips his other shoulder bouncing wide, driving the sword into the ground.
“Screw this, I’m using me club”.
M. Gallagher picks up a large maul and raises it above his head.
You all raise your arms and attempt to cover your faces
The Maul comes down with a sickening PLOP.
The front row is splattered with red and grey matter.
M. Coffee is pretty much dead.

You run off and search M. Paths room. In his Armoire, you find a bright red sash, signifying Cardinals Guard. You also find a note that says “Do as my agent says or your brother gets it.”

You rush off to search M. Coffee’s room and find a brand new red sash, signifying Cardinals Guard. But wait, what is that in the back of the armoire? It is a blue and black intertwined sash, signifying a Musketeers! You also find a patch signifying the rank of Lieutenant sewn upon the sash.

M. Path was a Blackmailed Cardinals Guard.

M. Coffee was the Lieutenant of the Black Musketeers
Old 12-13-2006, 09:24 PM   #1790
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

no. the vote count blade. if i were a wolf why would I be on lathum and ignoring the bandwagon onto CW? The reason I stayed on lathum is because I'm NOT a wolf and I have legit questions about lathum. and then the bandwagon began, and piling on would look even more suspicious than staying put.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:27 PM   #1791
st.cronin
General Manager

Well, that went about as well as we could have hoped for.

knives out
Old 12-13-2006, 09:27 PM   #1792
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

nice! got one at least. and the lieutenant. if their ranks follow our ranks then that would the top-dog.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:28 PM   #1793
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Wow, what excitement. Looks like Blade and Fouts get to wait on their duel.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:29 PM   #1794
st.cronin
General Manager

Path cannot cause any more trouble ... and two mouseketeers down. I dare them to leave Blade alive.

knives out
Old 12-13-2006, 09:29 PM   #1795
Tyrith
College Starter

Yeah, pretty much cronin, pretty much.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:30 PM   #1796
Fouts
College Starter

Wow. CW was a Musketeer. Nice work. Would have been much easier with a scan of CW.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:31 PM   #1797
Fouts
College Starter

I should have known he was bad, but he kept saying he trusted me the most. Damn you!
Old 12-13-2006, 09:33 PM   #1798
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Woohooo I won. I was worried after he knocked my hat off.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:33 PM   #1799
hoopsguy
General Manager

Tonight should be very, very interesting.

Vote analysis is a little harder with the runaway here, but I do think there are meaningful votes out there. Hopefully someone can put together an AlanT style chart of votes/unvotes to capture this information.

Given that Warlord was a Muskateer, I'm glad that we had the showdown we did even if the results were predictably anti-Guard. I just didn't like having two of our (hopefully, our) big guns colliding in hopes that someone was full of crap at this stage.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:34 PM   #1800
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
M Grenier says, “oh, that thing, it was actually called the Scottish Maiden. Damn thing broke, the heavy blade kept cathing on the side rails. We have switched to a more conventional method”.

Yea for historical accuracy!

And yea for my death in some ways helping to bring down a musketeer!
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote