Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-17-2006, 06:35 PM   #2051
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

if i lose the duel and ntn gets lynched, and cronin is the bad guy, we lose.....
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:35 PM   #2052
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

vote ntn deacon
Old 12-17-2006, 06:42 PM   #2053
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
if i lose the duel and ntn gets lynched, and cronin is the bad guy, we lose.....

well I know I am not the bad guy. The way idid it was the only way Icould think of to get 2 possibilities with one blow. I don't really think that any of us can be called a known good right now LSG. I had to give it a try as today is the last vote anyway. so if we, the Cardinal Guard, are going down; we should go down swinging. I figured you to be the only one who would accept the duel.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:45 PM   #2054
st.cronin
General Manager

I am just amazed I have lasted as long as I have.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:46 PM   #2055
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Also, I would suggest that someone vote for someone not currently voted for. The reason for this is that if I get killed in the duel, then right now there will be no lynch and the Cardinal guard will lose. I would rather keep the lead than have a situation like we had the other day, where we only had one other person being voted for, and thus after the duel we had no vote. I think it was the DT and Lathum vote but I am not sure.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:51 PM   #2056
st.cronin
General Manager

unvote ntndeacon
vote LoneStarGirl

I find myself swayed by ntn's arguments. Still just a WAG, though.

knives out
Old 12-17-2006, 06:53 PM   #2057
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

so now we have

ntn with 2 votes (LSG and myself)
me with one vote (ntn)
lsg with one vote (cronin)

and a duel between ntn and lsg
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:53 PM   #2058
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

sorry what's a WAG?
Old 12-17-2006, 06:55 PM   #2059
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
sorry what's a WAG?

wild-a**-guess i'd say
Old 12-17-2006, 06:55 PM   #2060
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

yes DT i think that is right. what that guarantees is that 2 folks die tonight. but since this our last gasp it seems like a good time to blow our wad...so to speak.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:56 PM   #2061
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

ok Ifeel like a moron now. of course it is DT.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:57 PM   #2062
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

well at least it'll make the last writeup or two interesting for Gram!
Old 12-17-2006, 06:58 PM   #2063
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

it will indeed DT.

Well with that Iam out for the evening. I do not think Iwill be back before Lynch, but the Christmas party MAY be that boring. Probably not though as there will be food there
Old 12-17-2006, 07:00 PM   #2064
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

mmmm food. i think there won't be anymore action in the next 2 hours before lynch. man i love WW though, I'm actually sitting here thinking "i can't wait till then!"
Old 12-17-2006, 07:05 PM   #2065
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

ntn...how were your dueling skills? i don't recall?
Old 12-17-2006, 07:22 PM   #2066
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I haven't said. They are on the whole good. so it should be an interesting fight.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:32 PM   #2067
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

cool

should be interesting then. didn't you have a xmas party?
Old 12-17-2006, 08:59 PM   #2068
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

UNVOTE NTNDEACON

VOTE LSG
Old 12-17-2006, 09:00 PM   #2069
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Deadline
Old 12-17-2006, 09:08 PM   #2070
st.cronin
General Manager

oh snap

knives out
Old 12-17-2006, 09:08 PM   #2071
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Allright, this is what I have:

2 - LSG - st.cronin, DaddyTorgo
1 - DaddyTorgo - ntndeacon
1 - ntndeacon - LSG

and we have a challenge between ntndeacon and LSG

Is that correct
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:09 PM   #2072
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

correct
Old 12-17-2006, 09:09 PM   #2073
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

It will probably take me about 20 minutes to finish the write ups
Old 12-17-2006, 09:11 PM   #2074
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Oh holy crap, if what just happened is what I think just happened, that is sweet, and I am laughing my ass off. Way to go, DT.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:14 PM   #2075
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Oh holy crap, if what just happened is what I think just happened, that is sweet, and I am laughing my ass off. Way to go, DT.

huh?
Old 12-17-2006, 09:28 PM   #2076
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
huh?

It looked to me like you had set up the loser of the ntndeacon and LSG fight to be lynched, assuring both would die. And if you were the last baddie, it would be an excellent move to ensure yourself victory.

But it doesn't quite look like I had the vote right. It still could work out that way, but bad only wins in that scenario if you or st. cronin are bad.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:29 PM   #2077
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

aaah. i'm confused by what you mean, but we shall see in a minute i suppose what ends up happening.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:33 PM   #2078
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Day 7 Outcome:

The votes for the day read:

2 - Ntndeacon – DaddyTorgo, LoneStarGirl
1 - DaddyTorgo – ntndeacon
1 - LoneStarGirl – st.cronin

M. Grenier steps up calling for attention. “Men and women of the guard, the Cardinal himself has arrived upon the battlefield and is in the process of routing the English, our time is almost at an end”. You all feel the tension, knowing the Cardinal’s peril rests upon this very vote. If the Musketeers prevail, the Cardinal will meet a bloody end. If you kill the final Musketeer, then you know you have foiled the assassination attempt.

M. Grenier says “We do not have a majority, so there must be a duel for the vote. But first we have the business of a challenge to settle”. You all look at M. ntndeacon and MME. LoneStarGirl.

The finely crafted wheel lock dueling pistols are again produced and distributed. The combatants inspect the weapons and nod their approval.

Back to back they stand as M. Grenier barks the now familiar command of “FIRE”.

MME. LSG spins and fires in one fluid motion. The pistol bellows forth a fiery doom. MME. LSG has a look of disappointment on her face as the round sails over M. ntndeacon’s head and hits the very clear wall behind him.

M. ntndeacon takes careful aim and pulls the trigger. As the cloud of black powder clears, a look of shock and disbelief is upon his face as she sees that he has scored a HIT! “Aiee, you devil man” shouts MME. LSG as she looks down to see where the musket ball laid open and deep wound on her left hip. Gritting her teeth, she draws her trusty rapier and moves toward M. ntndeacon with a faint limp.

They meet brandishing their blades and MME. LSG does not wait for an invitation. She moves in fainting and striking quickly opeing gash on M. ntndeacons sword arm. As he dodges back and attempts to parry, it is to no avail. MME. LSG darts in and drives her sword into M. ntndeacon’s abdomen as he cries out in agony.

Taking advantage of the positioning, M. ntndeacon brings his own sword up into MME. LSG’s side striking her a hard blow. She reels and falls to the ground gasping for air an jamming her hand into her side as she rolls onto her back.

M. ntndeacon recovers and walks over to M. LSG, saying “You have lost the day and now I will reveal you as the traitor that you are”. M. ntndeacon stands over MME. LSG and raises his sword. He PLUNGES it down to meet his victims gut. But MME. LSG shifts her hips to the right dodging the blow. The sword drives deep into the ground and MME. LSG grabs M. ntndeacon’s outstretches sword arm and pulls herself towards him as she buries her rapier deep into his inviting chest. “Ahhh, you have killed me.” He shouts as he falls to his knees and plants his face in the bloody dirt next to MME. LSG.

M. Grenier proclaims MME. LSG the winner of the challenge. He goes on to say. We also have a non majority lynch vote. At the vote deadline of 10pm, you needed 3 of the 4 votes to ensure the lynch. With the challenge completed, you have LSG with 2 votes and Daddytorgo with 1 vote. Neither has 3 votes, so you must duel for the lynch….Good luck”.

The pistols are produced, re-loaded and distributed. The familiar drill is executed as the M. DaddyTorgo and MME. LSG stand back to back, count their steps and await the command.
“FIRE”

MME. LSG spins and fires. She looks amazed as she watches her muske ball bounce off DaddyTorgo’s right leg. He winces in pain as he fires his pistol and the ball sails wide smashing a nearby water bucket. Swords are drawn and the two close eyeing each other in vain and you all wonder if maybe M. st.cronin is really the Musketeer. Steel on steel the two circle batting each others attacks away.

Finally M. Daddytorgo strikes a blow reopening the wound on MME. LSG’s leg. She grunts and presses the attack. M. DaddyTorgo dances back and fends her off. As time moves on, the two tire and try to keep the other at bay. MME. LSG drives in and lays open an gash on M. Daddytorgo’s left arm. He spins only to find MME. LSG has beat him to the move and thrusts her sword into his chest. He looks shocked as he feels the warm life force flow out of the wound. M. Daddytorgo does a good job of making a final stand, but the writing is on the wall. As he is stumbles back, MME. LSG lunges piercing him through the heart. M. DaddyTorgo falls to the ground dead.

You all look about unsure of what has just happened. You rush to M. ntndeacon’s quarters and search his Armoire. You find a faded red sash, signifying Cardinals Guard. You search more and do find several tourney championship ribbons.

You rush to M. Daddytorgo’s room and search his armoire. You find a bright new red sash, but dig on through the armoire and find a BLUE sash, signifying Musketeers!

M. ntndeacon was a Cardinals Guard and a duelist

M. Daddytorgo was the last Black Musketeer.

Alas, the Black Musketeers are dead and Cardinal has been saved

GAME OVER – CARDINALS GUARD WINS

The Brittish Agent died before meeting his win conditions

Milady died before meeting her win conditions

The Black Musketeers died prior to meeting their win conditions
Old 12-17-2006, 09:34 PM   #2079
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

DAMMIT!!!
Old 12-17-2006, 09:36 PM   #2080
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

damm damm!!

i think i screwed up that end-vote thing, hmmm? would it have mattered if i'd left my vote on ntn Gram? what would you have done with a 3-way tie?
Old 12-17-2006, 09:37 PM   #2081
st.cronin
General Manager

Amazing.

knives out
Old 12-17-2006, 09:37 PM   #2082
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

GRRRR
Old 12-17-2006, 09:38 PM   #2083
st.cronin
General Manager

I really need to learn to watch the vote at the last minute in these end game situations. This is like the third time I've seen shenanigans.

knives out
Old 12-17-2006, 09:39 PM   #2084
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Man, I had convinced myself that LSG was the last muskateer.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:40 PM   #2085
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

so if i left my vote on ntn what would have happened gram? I woulda dueled LSG still?
Old 12-17-2006, 09:42 PM   #2086
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
damm damm!!

i think i screwed up that end-vote thing, hmmm? would it have mattered if i'd left my vote on ntn Gram? what would you have done with a 3-way tie?

A three way tie would be the first two to get a vote, duel for the vote lynch.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:43 PM   #2087
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Woot! Go guard! Nice try, DT.

Old 12-17-2006, 09:43 PM   #2088
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

guess i shoulda voted cronin so we woulda had a 3-way tie b/w him+lsg+me hmm?

bonehead
Old 12-17-2006, 09:44 PM   #2089
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Out of curiosity, what was Lathum's win conditions? Nailing both seers with his two attacks before either could do much of anything was pretty huge to help the muskateers in this one.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:44 PM   #2090
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
so if i left my vote on ntn what would have happened gram? I woulda dueled LSG still?

Yep, after the challenge duel, you were the only two left with a vote. When ntndeacon suggested having three with votes and you guys went for it, he ensured a vote duel would occur.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:45 PM   #2091
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Good game, Gram, and excellent writeups.

So, what the heck was supposed to happen with Anxiety and I's secret society anyway? I was laughing my butt off seeing everyone try to figure that one out after we died on the first two days. Was that just a red herring?

Old 12-17-2006, 09:45 PM   #2092
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Out of curiosity, what was Lathum's win conditions? Nailing both seers with his two attacks before either could do much of anything was pretty huge to help the muskateers in this one.

Milady, needed to be one of the last four players alive.

The Brittish Agent was a serial killer role, after night three he would be able to execute a night kill each evening for the rest of the game. He needed to be the last player alive to win.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:46 PM   #2093
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Good game, Gram, and excellent writeups.

So, what the heck was supposed to happen with Anxiety and I's secret society anyway? I was laughing my butt off seeing everyone try to figure that one out after we died on the first two days. Was that just a red herring?

Thanks.

Yeah, that was pretty funny. Basically it gave you both the knowledge of one other player that was also a Cardinals Guard, that is it.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:47 PM   #2094
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

Actually no. Him nailing you day 1 hurt us. One of my powers was I showed up as good on any seer scans. So no, we didn't want you dead.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 12-17-2006 at 09:47 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:50 PM   #2095
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Actually no. Him nailing you day 1 hurt us. One of my powers was I showed up as good on any seer scans. So no, we didn't want you dead.

Yeah, CW showed up good on scans and could not be night killed. Basically a God Father type role. Also, Blade would have scanned good up until he was converted. So the seer scans could have helped either side.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:53 PM   #2096
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

woohoo! Who knew my great dueling skills would come in handy? Daddy, I convinced myself ntn was bad because there was no way you could be bad 5 games in a row!
Old 12-17-2006, 09:55 PM   #2097
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post

For whatever its worth, I went through the game trying to figure out who i -would- have scanned if I was still alive. Its hard to do it unbiased because some of the conversation leading me to those decisions were about my death.. but if I remember right (without getting out of bed where I'm on my laptop currently) it was:

Night 1 - Anxiety (scanned him before dying. Also saw Tyrith out and about that night).
Night 2 - BrianD (his comments about me having said I was something important when I felt I had done the opposite made me think he misread and was responsible for my kill)
Night 3 - Blade (Because of his supposed seer role claim.. once again not sure if he would have made such a claim if I was actually alive still)

I don't remember might choices for night 4, 5 and 6 I remember Fouts and LSG both being in there though. I was convinced LSG set up the killing blade to buy her trust since I felt if Blade hadn't died that night it was very likely he was bad.

I don't think I ever had Coffee on my list to scan (bad or good!) I do remember when I left I had suspicion of Mr.W, Path, BrianD also.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:55 PM   #2098
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
woohoo! Who knew my great dueling skills would come in handy? Daddy, I convinced myself ntn was bad because there was no way you could be bad 5 games in a row!

i know right!

well FWIW I am NOT bad in the Bond game. Although I expect an early lynch (to the detriment of my fellow agents).
Old 12-17-2006, 09:55 PM   #2099
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

OK DT, how was it that you never left your room the night I was watching you. Did you just happen to not go for a kill that night? Just random coincidence?

Blade, what were you about on the failed conversion night? Was it really a successful conversion? Were you always a Musketeer? I was sure that you and Tyrith were trying to concoct some great scheme, but that didn't seem to be it. Did I catch you acting differently but mistakenly lump Tyrith into it?
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:59 PM   #2100
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Blade was the spy. He knew us, we knew him, but he wasn't technically one of us till we converted him (which we couldn't do till we lost a musketeer).

Bad, horrible luck that we converted him the night he was being watched. We were scrambling all freakin' day to try and find some angle to play.

Edit: Tyrith had nothing to do with it except for the jerk being at his door on the wrong night!

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 12-17-2006 at 10:00 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote