Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-28-2012, 10:10 AM   #7701
DataKing
Pro Rookie

There will be a Sonic strawberry lime-aid waiting for me when I get home from work tonight. My girlfriend is awesome.

FYI for you Chicagoland guys, there are Sonics in Algonquin and I think there's one in Crystal Lake too.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #7702
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I don't think I've eaten a jelly bean in well over a decade.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-28-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #7703
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
That's crazy. I used to pick up (more like attempt to) girls at Matilda's when I moved to the city. Haven't been by there in awhile though.

Yeah, that is! Might have been before my time, though. I moved there in '08. Still, a good chance that I saw you on the streets sometime.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #7704
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
There will be a Sonic strawberry lime-aid waiting for me when I get home from work tonight. My girlfriend is awesome.

FYI for you Chicagoland guys, there are Sonics in Algonquin and I think there's one in Crystal Lake too.

Nearest one I see to me is Franklin Park. I can't imagine Sonic being worth heading out that far, but if I'm ever out in that direction and hungry, I'll try to remember it!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #7705
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:

That sounds magnificent.

Limeade is my favorite of all the -ades.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #7706
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

My therapist told me to buy pet insurance from Ed Hochuli, so I did. Ed Hochuli also sold me three pets, five station wagons (two don't even run), a diaper, and a milkshake. His milkshake really does bring all the boys to the yard.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:31 AM   #7707
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
Job interview this afternoon. Wish me luck!

Good luck!

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #7708
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I don't usually have a problem with drinking/eating sweet stuff- I have quite the sweet tooth. However, Sonic cherry limeades usually upset my stomach a little.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #7709
JeeberD
General Manager

Fuck...I had an assignment due at noon today in one of my on-line courses. I was putting some finishing touches on it at 11:45 when I tried to access the university's website, and it was down. Nearly an hour later it's still down. The only way the professor will accept assignments is uploaded through Blackboard. I wonder if the asshole will give us a grace period to get them uploaded, or if he'll pull the ol' "Well, you shouldn't have waited until the last minute" line...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #7710
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Fuck...I had an assignment due at noon today in one of my on-line courses. I was putting some finishing touches on it at 11:45 when I tried to access the university's website, and it was down. Nearly an hour later it's still down. The only way the professor will accept assignments is uploaded through Blackboard. I wonder if the asshole will give us a grace period to get them uploaded, or if he'll pull the ol' "Well, you shouldn't have waited until the last minute" line...

I would imagine you would have a pretty good beef if he penalized you. noon means noon, not 11:45. Unless you are Tom Coughlin.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #7711
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I've had very little appetite for the past three days. I feel completely fine - not sick or anything - but I just don't want to eat. Just so I don't fall over, I've been snacking on things every now and then, but it's a challenge. I bought a cheeseburger for lunch today and never even touched it. I literally never put a finger on it. After it sat on my desk for two hours, I threw it away. I feel bad about wasting money and food that way, but I just didn't want to eat. With that said, I just bought a cup of chili, and I've eaten most of that. Considering that I've barely eaten for three days, I have a feeling that the beans in this chili are going to lead to some very loud, awkward consequences later this afternoon. Heaven help the people in the cubicles around me.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #7712
stevew
Hall Of Famer

In theory, Bb is a really nice idea. In reality, it's a goat fucking whore.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #7713
Autumn
Head Coach

I don't get it. Do you not consider a goat fucking whore a nice idea?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #7714
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

Only in Tijuana...
Old 03-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #7715
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
In theory, Bb is a really nice idea. In reality, it's a goat fucking whore.

Why the B flat hate? Are you more of a C Sharp guy?
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 03-28-2012 at 01:31 PM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #7716
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

I do!

http://
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-28-2012, 02:52 PM   #7717
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I don't think I've eaten a jelly bean in well over a decade.

Oddly enough, I'm eating them as I read this. In my opinion, the best holiday treat.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #7718
JediKooter
Coordinator

Thanks car. I was expecting at least another year out of you before you died on me.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 03-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #7719
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Thanks car. I was expecting at least another year out of you before you died on me.

I'm selling a convertible Eclipse if you're interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #7720
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
I'm selling a convertible Eclipse if you're interested.

Thanks Rizon! Unfortunately, I am not a fan of convertibles.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:17 PM   #7721
DougW
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Cookies and cereal

SI

Oh yeah. Those are two more .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
My girl and I split a Peanut Butter & Chocolate Pancakes, short stack order at Denny's early this morning.

You would have needed the whole dern cow next to the table.

And ffs, yeah, I'd definitely need a couple glasses with all that ! .. Was it good ? I've never heard of PB&Choc pancakes.
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:30 PM   #7722
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougW View Post
And ffs, yeah, I'd definitely need a couple glasses with all that ! .. Was it good ? I've never heard of PB&Choc pancakes.

It was essentially regular pancakes with a peanut butter sauce and a chocolate sauce, both fairly syrupy, on top.

It's tough to say what I thought, so I guess it's a "it's not great, but try it if you like that sort of thing" recommendation.

I think the individual taste was pretty good. I like PB and chocolate, and it was pretty sweet. But when you combine the thickness of the pancakes with these two syrupy sauces, mean getting through it ends up being a chore. My girl was joking that the waitresss shoulda tossed on some other heart clogging stuff and just finish the job for us, since no way we were going to finish the pancakes and live.

The funny thing is that we tried those on a lark, but also got a bacon and egg avocado burrito so that we for sure had something we would eat (and that's on top of the eggs, bacon/sausage and hash browns the pancakes came with). We were about half way through the pancakes when we started looking at the other plates and going, "oh...my...God..." lol

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 03-28-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #7723
Warhammer
Pro Starter

I hate some customers.

I have a customer that refuses to contact me about anything, refuses to call my boss, they always call our customer care line, they tell them to call me. Instead, these guys call our Eastern USA/Latin America Sales VP for anything which prompts my boss and I to get a butt chewing. This customer screens calls whenever I try to call and help. Further, they refuse to set up a face to face meeting to discuss any issues. Finally, they account for less than 1% of my sales, yet cause almost 50% of my headaches....
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:05 PM   #7724
JediKooter
Coordinator

Drop them.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #7725
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Saw this over at metafilter:

hxxp://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-buzz/post/batman-pulled-over-in-silver-spring/2012/03/23/gIQAzjmPWS_blog.html

The follow-up:

hxxp://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/rosenwald-md/post/who-is-the-route-29-batman-this-guy/2012/03/28/gIQA8nPjgS_blog.html
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #7726
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I had no idea they made a 4th Wild Things movie. I can't believe they are capable of recycling the same story so many times.

The whole series is free to watch(with commercials) via the Crackle app.
Totally out of nowhere softcore 4way scene. Hence the Wild Things Foursome title.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #7727
Izulde
Head Coach

Just got approval to teach a themed freshman comp class next fall. My temporary long title for it is "Repairing The Ivory Tower Games: Money, Race, Academics and Gender In Collegiate Sports".

Obviously I'm going to shorten the title, but I'm pretty excited to be able to get to essentially design my own class in a subject I care about.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #7728
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
I had no idea they made a 4th Wild Things movie. I can't believe they are capable of recycling the same story so many times.

Totally out of nowhere softcore 4way scene. Hence the Wild Things Foursome title.
Weren't you in that 4way scene? I'm sure that dude looked a lot like you...
Old 03-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #7729
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Ashley Parker Angel has awesome abs.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #7730
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

There was a 2nd Wild Things movie?

SI

Old 03-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #7731
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
I hate some customers.

I have a customer that refuses to contact me about anything, refuses to call my boss, they always call our customer care line, they tell them to call me. Instead, these guys call our Eastern USA/Latin America Sales VP for anything which prompts my boss and I to get a butt chewing. This customer screens calls whenever I try to call and help. Further, they refuse to set up a face to face meeting to discuss any issues. Finally, they account for less than 1% of my sales, yet cause almost 50% of my headaches....

I was talking to our customer's IT management about a particular user who was giving us grief and we both agreed that it would make both of our lives easier if he went and worked for a competitor and was their problem. There's no way that what he brings to the company offsets the number of man hours he costs to support him.

SI

Old 03-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #7732
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Just got approval to teach a themed freshman comp class next fall. My temporary long title for it is "Repairing The Ivory Tower Games: Money, Race, Academics and Gender In Collegiate Sports".

Obviously I'm going to shorten the title, but I'm pretty excited to be able to get to essentially design my own class in a subject I care about.

I had a freshman honors seminar similar to that at KU. We had to major papers on the following three topics:
Title IX
Athletics corps as an arm of the university or not?
Paying Student Athletes

It's evil to put them in that order because you set the students up to have to really critically think about the last one that everyone thinks is such a simple matter. And then they think they're all gung ho about the "Paying student athletes" part when you clobber them from both sides with "So, you've now looked at athletic corps budgets (most are non-profit and use revenue generating sports to support all other sports)" and "If you allow paying student athletes, you have to do it with all sports from football and basketball down to women's crew" so how are you going to do it now.

SI

Old 03-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #7733
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:

Did you suck for luck?
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #7734
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
We have a Chick-Fil-A down by the mall, but compared to other chains it's a pain to get there (and it is usually really crowded).

Closest Sonic is in Lancaster AFAIK, though they are building one in Hagerstown. That's still about a half hour away though.

Yeah, closest to me is in Winchester, VA, 37.7 miles away. There's another one also in Winchester that's 4 miles farther.
Second closest is in Baltimore, MD, 41.7 miles away.
Third closest is in Edgewater, MD...which is near where my folks keep their sailboat. Maybe one day I'll check it out.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #7735
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I discovered just in the past couple weeks that the only good way to eat Jelly Bellys is to grab at minimum three at a time and at random and pop them in your mouth. Eating one individually doesn't give you much flavor and you're unlikely to find enough of one flavor in one bag to make a difference. So tossing in three at a time gives you a wealth of flavor and can surprise you with the combinations.

Plus, popcorned butter, black licorice, red hot, whatever, those kinda go away when combined with other, better tasting beans.

I love the buttered popcorn ones.

I'm weird.

/tk
Old 03-28-2012, 08:58 PM   #7736
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
I hate some customers.

I work in a very different industry I assume, but right now I share this sentiment. Work has become quite frustrating.

/tk
Old 03-28-2012, 11:03 PM   #7737
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Here's the fun part: who did you "pick", and who would you have preferred to pick, then compare them. Good times!

Auto picked Trevor Plouffe. Would have gone with Kelly Johnson or Alcides Escobar. It may work out in the end.

In that same vein, I've never been as happy with my drafting as I have been my last two drafts.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:45 AM   #7738
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I recently got soft contact lenses. It's the first time that I've had contacts in more than 15 years, and my first experience with this particular type. It says that these lenses are supposedly good for a month, but I'm now at 6 weeks with no discomfort. Should I chuck them and break out a new pair just to be safe, or can I keep these going? I will soak them in some sort of reactive peroxide solution a couple times a week. And I do not sleep in them. Is this normal? One eye is optix aqua and the other is air optic toric

Last edited by stevew : 03-29-2012 at 03:47 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:57 AM   #7739
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Render said it yesterday, my body is breaking down on me after 4 years of non stop travel and unhealthy eating it is saying no more.

I have been at a desk job now for 6 months and I am having issues after issues now.

The latest is a Baker's Cyst on the back of my left knee...OMG it's painful. But they said if / when it pops, that it will be even more so....

This has led me to...Diet Time!! Time to focus on healthy eating and getting back into shape.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:19 AM   #7740
Ksyrup

Quote:
I recently got soft contact lenses. It's the first time that I've had contacts in more than 15 years, and my first experience with this particular type. It says that these lenses are supposedly good for a month, but I'm now at 6 weeks with no discomfort. Should I chuck them and break out a new pair just to be safe, or can I keep these going? I will soak them in some sort of reactive peroxide solution a couple times a week. And I do not sleep in them. Is this normal? One eye is optix aqua and the other is air optic toric

I typically use mine for at least 2 months. Basically, until they start to get uncomfortable. I look at the suggested wear times on those things like oil changes and toothbrushes - they have a vested interest in having you buy on a regular cycle.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-29-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:26 AM   #7741
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:

It went well. While I wasn't directly told I'm getting an offer since it's a group interview session and they had to get together, we spoke about starting dates, compensation plans and told me they'd be back to me within the next couple of days. They even wrote down the dates of my July vacation that's already planned and paid for. All of which are good signs.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #7742
spleen1015
Coordinator

Since I didn't qualify for Lasik surgery (cornea is too thin) I have been thinking about contacts. I have avoided them in the past because I didn't like the idea of putting something in my eye. At 35, I think it is time to grow up a little bit and not be afraid of that any more.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #7743
Ksyrup

I've worn them since I was 11. It's like second nature. I've gotten really good at putting on my makeup, too.

Wait, I probably shouldn't have typed that...
Old 03-29-2012, 08:17 AM   #7744
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
I work in a very different industry I assume, but right now I share this sentiment. Work has become quite frustrating.

/tk

I wouldn't have a problem if they would talk, but their attitude sucks. I could make a lot of their issues go away if they would engage.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #7745
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Since I didn't qualify for Lasik surgery (cornea is too thin) I have been thinking about contacts. I have avoided them in the past because I didn't like the idea of putting something in my eye. At 35, I think it is time to grow up a little bit and not be afraid of that any more.

I wore glasses until the age of 36, when I got my contacts and I regret not "growing a pair" and getting them sooner. And I had no problem whatsoever putting them in. The first week I had them I limited myself to 4 hours a day, then six hours, and after that I was seldom conscious that they were even there. 8-12 hours is still my limit though...any more than that and I want to gouge my eyes out.

If you don't have any problem digging out eyelashes, hairs, or other random crap that gets in your eyes on occasion, you shouldn't have any problem putting in contact lenses.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:42 AM   #7746
Ksyrup

I still remember the first time I tried putting contacts in. I spent like 45 minutes trying to get one eye in, and it was impossible. Byt the time I quit my eye was puffy and red and I couldn't touch it. So I switched to the other side, put it in in like 2 attempts, and never had another problem again.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:19 AM   #7747
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've worn them since I was 11. It's like second nature. I've gotten really good at putting on my makeup, too.

Wait, I probably shouldn't have typed that...

What have you worn since you were 11? High heels? Articles of women's clothing?

This one's a gold mine to take out of context

SI

Old 03-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #7748
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

Have you looked into PRK? It's a different type of laser eye surgery and some people with thin corneas still qualify for PRK. LASIK opens a flap, which is why you need thinker corneas, but PRK reshapes the eye on the surface. (if I remember correctly, PRK is what Dutch said he had done awhile back.)

Last edited by sabotai : 03-29-2012 at 01:05 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #7749
Ksyrup

I wasn't able to walk in high heels until I was 17.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #7750
Rizon
Pro Starter

I got contacts around 15, worn them for the last 20 years. I despise wearing glasses. First time I looked into laser surgery I was told I only had an 80% chance of reaching 20/40 ... just not worth the money at the time (probably 15 years ago). Second time I went the whole appointment felt rushed, flyers had major spelling mistakes and looked cheap, and I thought it might be better to wait a little while for people to figure their shit out.

Quote:
I still remember the first time I tried putting contacts in. I spent like 45 minutes trying to get one eye in, and it was impossible. Byt the time I quit my eye was puffy and red and I couldn't touch it. So I switched to the other side, put it in in like 2 attempts, and never had another problem again.

Same here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote