Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #7851
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Some days I feel like being able to do a Caucasian version of Chris Rock's "Niggas vs. Black People" called "Rednecks vs. Caucasians." No other group of Caucasians are so proud of being within their own group. I don't care how well you handle your "bit-ness." Learn to sound like you actually graduated from high school.

Don't need no edumucation if you can shoot a gun!!

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #7852
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Why are there no Easter/Good Friday songs?
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #7853
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post

"Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" by Monty Python is the quintessential Good Friday song.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #7854
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:11 AM   #7855
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Hawaii Man Punches Shark In Face, ‘I’m Not Gonna Die Today’ - News Story - KVIA El Paso
Old 04-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #7856
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Love it.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #7857
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
"Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" by Monty Python is the quintessential Good Friday song.

I may have to watch Life of Brian tonight. 'Tis the season!
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #7858
sabotai
General Manager

Over the last week or so, I've been watching (mostly listening to) episodes of Deep Space Nine. This was my favorite ST series, but I have forgotten just how bad some of these episodes are. A lot of the concepts and plot lines are great, but the filler episodes are just terrible.

Right now, I'm watching one of the "Odo emo" episodes involving him and Major Kira. Ugh, way to ruin a good character.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #7859
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Over the last week or so, I've been watching (mostly listening to) episodes of Deep Space Nine. This was my favorite ST series, but I have forgotten just how bad some of these episodes are. A lot of the concepts and plot lines are great, but the filler episodes are just terrible.

Right now, I'm watching one of the "Odo emo" episodes involving him and Major Kira. Ugh, way to ruin a good character.

i need to get my DS9 DVD's from my parent's place tomorrow so that I can start rewatching the whole series again.

Yes - some of the filler eps are brutal. What are you watching right now?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #7860
sabotai
General Manager

I'm in the middle of Season 4 right now. The plot lines with the Dominion and the Klingons are getting better, the filler episodes are getting much worse.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #7861
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Hehe...ah yes.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #7862
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Y'know who would make a pretty good guest for that imaginary dinner party question?

Alice Cooper
Old 04-08-2012, 09:05 AM   #7863
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Alice Cooper's fucking awesome.

Watching Sportscenter, and you know who Scott Van Pelt is starting to look like (particularly from the side)? John Clayton. They're both rocking the tweety bird style.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #7864
Ksyrup

Here's a helluva random thought. So you guys remember we had to put our cat down a couple of weeks ago, right? Well, for the past couple of months as he was declining, he was using the kids' playroom as his personal bathroom. It got to the point where we had to block it off as best we could. So when he died, we knew we had to tear out the carpet (the room is hardwood floor, but when we moved in we put down carpet and padding to cover the entire room for the kids to play in).

So anyway, the wife and kids have been in Florida for a week, and yesterday, I tackle the fun of moving everything out of the room and taking up the carpet. I watch a ton of true crime stuff, and it occurs to me as I'm tearing up the carpet in this room with the windows open and all of our neighbors driving by, that my family hasn't been seen in a week and now I've got a bunch of witnesses who can say they saw me cleaning that room and tearing up the carpet.

I couldn't decide whether to go around telling everyone that they are coming back today, or really mess with them and burn some garbage in the backyard late that night.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-08-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #7865
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Here's a helluva random thought. So you guys remember we had to put our cat down a couple of weeks ago, right? Well, for the past couple of months as he was declining, he was using the kids' playroom as his personal bathroom. It got to the point where we had to block it off as best we could. So when he died, we knew we had to tear out the carpet (the room is hardwood floor, but when we moved in we put down carpet and padding to cover the entire room for the kids to play in).

So anyway, the wife and kids have been in Florida for a week, and yesterday, I tackle the fun of moving everything out of the room and taking up the carpet. I watch a ton of true crime stuff, and it occurs to me as I'm tearing up the carpet in this room with the windows open and all of our neighbors driving by, that my family hasn't been seen in a week and now I've got a bunch of witnesses who can say they saw me cleaning that room and tearing up the carpet.

I couldn't decide whether to go around telling everyone that they are coming back today, or really mess with them and burn some garbage in the backyard late that night.

This is the kind of stuff I would like to share but don't want people knowing how out of control my mind is so I say terribly boring things usually, you should go get checked out.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #7866
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCY Junkie View Post
This is the kind of stuff I would like to share but don't want people knowing how out of control my mind is so I say terribly boring things usually

You are far from boring, guy.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #7867
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
This is the kind of stuff I would like to share but don't want people knowing how out of control my mind is so I say terribly boring things usually, you should go get checked out.
I would suggest that you follow my lead straight into "I don't give a fuck mode" and share whatever you want.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #7868
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Old 04-08-2012, 01:06 PM   #7869
Ksyrup

Quote:

I'm terribly paranoid about being in situations that could get me in trouble just based on appearances. When we use a babysitter, the wife always drives her home. I rarely get into elevators alone with a female. I'm an insurance attorney, so I'm conditioned to mitigate risk by nature. But also, the nature of my profession is such that just an allegation could ruin my life forever.

But yeah, in this case I thought it was pretty funny. I'm a true crime junkie - I watch Investigation Discovery more than any channel on TV (aside from ESPN during college football season, I guess). This looked an awful lot like the typical facts on one of those shows.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-08-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:28 PM   #7870
korme
Go Reds

So if a chick is between two guys in a movie theater, the running joke is that she can go "skiing".

What is it called if a dude is between two girls? Best I've come up with is 2-key pianist.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #7871
spleen1015
Coordinator

Dude just double eagled the 2nd hole in his final round at the Masters. First time ever on tv, first time on that hole, 4th time in Masters history.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #7872
dave731
High School JV

That shot was straight money!! The second it hit the green, I jumped up and started shouting at my wife that it had a shot.
dave731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #7873
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
What is it called if a dude is between two girls? Best I've come up with is 2-key pianist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Dude just double eagled the 2nd hole in his final round at the Masters.

Yup.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #7874
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
So if a chick is between two guys in a movie theater, the running joke is that she can go "skiing".

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Dude just double eagled the 2nd hole in his final round at the Masters. First time ever on tv, first time on that hole, 4th time in Masters history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
Yup.

Oh fuck, I just about fell out of my chair!

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #7875
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Chuck Norris calender April 10: "Chuck Norris knows the last digit of pi."

Chuck Norris calendar FAIL!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #7876
MacroGuru
Coordinator

First day of vacation for me, 2nd day of spring break for kids, both my boys are sick...damn...
Old 04-10-2012, 01:38 PM   #7877
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Tired of eyebrow dandruff. Tired tired tired of eyebrow dandruff.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #7878
Ksyrup

Was I supposed to read that in Chris Rock's voice? Because I did, and it was awesome.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-10-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #7879
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Was I supposed to read that in Chris Rock's voice? Because I did, and it was awesome.

ROFL
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #7880
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

hahahaha.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #7881
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

We can build small robots capable of leaping on top of buildings.

Robot Leaps Building in Single Bound - Video - Bloomberg
Old 04-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #7882
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Well done, my friend.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #7883
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Slightly annoyed at my school district tonight. It came out last week that a principal at another elementary school has been secretly planning to open up a rival charter school. While I have no big beef with charter schools, it's the principle of the matter that he's been using district resources to form his own little school. The guy's an absolute jerk and thinks he's above everything else. School Board didn't do anything to him tonight, but I'm hoping that's just because they are gathering more evidence. Apparently there's a possibility he used his sick days to go up to apply for the charter.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #7884
Ksyrup

Sounds like he's got a motorcycle wreck in his future.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #7885
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Apparently there's a possibility he used his sick days to go up to apply for the charter.

Is that supposed to be a big deal?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #7886
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Is that supposed to be a big deal?

It's a much bigger deal, IMO, if he was using school funds and resources to help set up the charter school. Sick days, not so much.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #7887
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I was recently cleared to start interviewing new hire candidates at my company. Over the next few weeks, I will be interviewing college students who are looking for summer internships. Yesterday and today, I received schedules to interview three candidates. The two I received yesterday were fine. I got the interview times and the candidates' resumes, so I'm set. I got another one today, however, which threw me for a loop.

The recruiter sent me an Outlook meeting invitation (uh oh) to interview some girl with my last name. Eh? "Tircuit" is a pretty uncommon last name, especially in Pennsylvania. I open the meeting invitation and see the girl's resume which has a completely different last name on it. I can only assume that the recruiter thinks this girl is eventually going to marry me and take my last name, but I think my wife might have a problem with that.

On the topic of interviews, is it OK if I ask a candidate what their shoe size is?

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 04-11-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:51 PM   #7888
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

It's a much bigger deal, IMO, if he was using school funds and resources to help set up the charter school. Sick days, not so much.

Yeah, the bigger deal is the use of school resources to put together the charter school. The sick days are a technicality, but one that could be used against him. It's a simple check to mark a day off as sick or personal. It's not a sick day if he's running around Indy filling out charter information. The real issue is what was he doing with his time at school. Recruiting teachers? Check, we've heard some were asked. Recruiting parents? Strong possibility but I haven't heard anything concrete. Although him and Petrino have something in common, apparently he wasn't as forthright about the truth when originally asked either.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #7889
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Anybody know if any major stores sell thermal compound (Arctic Silver,etc.)? RMA'd a Zalman fan and realized I don't have any on hand. It may very well come with some, though, but just in case.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:02 AM   #7890
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Chuck Norris calender April 10: "Chuck Norris knows the last digit of pi."

Chuck Norris calendar FAIL!

Shouldn't that have been on March 14th?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #7891
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Shouldn't that have been on March 14th?

SI

Touché. Hence, the failure of said calendar.

Note, I am saying the calendar failed, not Chuck Norris himself. I want to continue to live.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #7892
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

So some random lady on the Food Network was making a dessert and told the camera that the molasses and brown sugar she was adding to the dish would impart a nice cafe au lait flavor to the dish.

Okay, lady. Whatever you say....though as just a random viewer at home I would have probably assumed the espresso and milk in the simmering dish would be the culprits for that particular flavor profile.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #7893
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Hi. I'm in a really crappy mood.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:23 PM   #7894
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

My daughter asked if I wanted to play a specific game with her. I said yes and then she said, "ok well.. we have to play animals first in order to unlock that."

Someone has been playing too much angry birds...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #7895
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Realizing that Marilyn Manson is almost two years younger than me actually improved my self-image today.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:07 AM   #7896
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
On the topic of interviews, is it OK if I ask a candidate what their shoe size is?
I just conducted my first interview. Making an assumption solely off the subsequent uncomfortable conversation I had with Human Resources, I think it is absolutely not OK to ask a candidate what their shoe size is.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #7897
JediKooter
Coordinator

Was the job candidate dressed as a clown?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 04-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #7898
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Old 04-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #7899
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Was the job candidate dressed as a clown?
No, but he did juggle his ass off.

I think I may be using the wrong English words to convey this message, but I'll stick with it.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #7900
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
No, but he did juggle his ass off.

I think I may be using the wrong English words to convey this message, but I'll stick with it.

I don't think the Queen's English has an appropriate equivalent.

I like what you said and have to agree with you...stick with it.