Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-26-2009, 12:20 AM   #51
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Dang...3B Yang signed for half of what I offered him

FOOL- Leduc Bullets

ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:29 AM   #52
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The new file is up.

Spring Training and Free Agency day 2 will run Sunday night. Exports are due at 9pm ET Sunday night, but the sim will likely run closer to 11pm.

Then finally we'll be back on a normal schedule. Please let me know if anyone has any issues with the file.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:17 AM   #53
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Baltimore gets my seal of approval. They drafted the pitcher I hinted about earlier in the offseason that I said I would find interesting to see where they go.

And gets my frustration that he dropped all the way to #5 and such a dangerous manager as muns. He was #1 on my list (not that I thought I would have gotten him).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:21 AM   #54
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Speaking of which, while I certainly don't think it's good for the rest of us that muns got such a nice pitcher so relatively low in the draft, I am thrilled the #3 pitcher in my estimation dropped to me (Javier Lugo). He doesn't have the up-upside of some, but he's already pretty advanced, and when it's all said and done, he seems likely to grade out as a very solid #3 starter.

I then drafted a Po-fu Gu clone in the second round.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:02 AM   #55
cgould43
High School JV

If I bring a guy up just for ST does that start his clock ticking and cost me 100K for the whole year on my cap.
cgould43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:04 AM   #56
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgould43 View Post
If I bring a guy up just for ST does that start his clock ticking and cost me 100K for the whole year on my cap.

No, we end Spring training on March 31st, one day before the regular season so it does not.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:08 AM   #57
cgould43
High School JV

cool...is it a smart idea to give some of my top specs a chance like caulfield and cruden because it may help their control and eye. It shouldn't hurt them correct? I've always been very wary of bringing up top specs to give them a chance in spring.
cgould43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:41 AM   #58
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgould43 View Post
cool...is it a smart idea to give some of my top specs a chance like caulfield and cruden because it may help their control and eye. It shouldn't hurt them correct? I've always been very wary of bringing up top specs to give them a chance in spring.

I honestly don't think spring really helps develop players that much. I occasionally see small improvements after spring in development of players, but I'm not sure it is much different then the development that happens offseason each month anyways.

I usually use spring to do two things myself: 1) get a better idea of who is able to play (ie: are they ready for the majors?) and 2) to shake off the offseason rust so they don't start the season poorly.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:41 AM   #59
Tasan
College Starter

I had Correa #2 on my list, simply because the last time I took a mid 40s en pitcher, his en immediately dropped and never came back up, and he was pretty sub-average as a starter. He made a darn good long man in the pen though.

Soto really interests me because of his flamethrower arm. I've seen guys like him do really well even with that low control in this revamped league.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:32 PM   #60
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The new file is up.

Spring Training and Free Agency day 2 will run Sunday night. Exports are due at 9pm ET Sunday night, but the sim will likely run closer to 11pm.

Then finally we'll be back on a normal schedule. Please let me know if anyone has any issues with the file.

I finished a bit sooner than planned tonight. Sim will kick off in about 30 minutes or so.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:39 PM   #61
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

yay!!! Hope work things went well this weekend!
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:43 PM   #62
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachEnEspanol View Post
yay!!! Hope work things went well this weekend!

Spent some family time mostly so my wife didn't complain. After traveling for work last week, I don't think I could have gotten away with all weekend on the computer

Somehow sprained my foot though yesterday, no idea how since mostly we all just did yardwork together outside with a little playing and goofing too.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:45 PM   #63
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Spent some family time mostly so my wife didn't complain. After traveling for work last week, I don't think I could have gotten away with all weekend on the computer

Somehow sprained my foot though yesterday, no idea how since mostly we all just did yardwork together outside with a little playing and goofing too.

Ohh, family stuff is good. Spraining your foot...not so much. Now you have an excuse to sit around on the computer though.
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:56 PM   #64
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, getting exports now!

Old 09-27-2009, 08:59 PM   #65
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Sunday, March 7th, 2038
Baltimore Charm: Signed CF M. Chapman to a minor league contract extension.
Baltimore Charm: Signed SP J. Pérez to a minor league contract extension.
Friday, March 5th, 2038
Baltimore Charm: Signed 2B M. St-Amand to a minor league contract extension.
Wednesday, March 3rd, 2038
Hyannis Patriots: Signed free agent CF R. Rodríguez to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,100,000.
Edmonton Edge: Signed free agent CF J. García to a minor league contract.
Hyannis Patriots: Signed free agent RF N. Jaramillo to a minor league contract.
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed free agent RF G. Usher to a minor league contract.
Edmonton Edge: Signed free agent LF J. Méndez to a minor league contract.
Edmonton Edge: Signed free agent CF L. Vachon to a minor league contract.
Chico Rebels: Signed free agent SP A. Keep to a minor league contract.
Edmonton Edge: Signed free agent C Y. Kang to a minor league contract.
Edmonton Edge: Signed free agent CF M. Delisle to a minor league contract.
Edmonton Edge: Signed free agent SS E. Melton to a minor league contract.
Edmonton Edge: Signed free agent C B. Jenkins to a minor league contract.
Boston Settlers: Signed free agent MR F. Robles to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,622,500.
Hammersmith Hooligans: Signed free agent LF S. Dávila to a 3-year contract worth a total of $1,500,000.
Chico Rebels: Signed free agent SS E. Jackson to a minor league contract.
Hyannis Patriots: Signed free agent SS P. Little to a 1-year contract worth a total of $100,000.
Ann Arbor Winged Lingerines: Signed free agent SP G. Montoya to a 1-year contract worth a total of $4,442,500.
Chico Rebels: Signed free agent SP R. Salazar to a minor league contract.
Edmonton Edge: Signed free agent CF X. Rodríguez to a minor league contract.
Hyannis Patriots: Signed free agent CF C. Martínez to a 2-year contract worth a total of $725,000.
Baltimore Charm: Signed free agent 2B S. Hernández to a 3-year contract worth a total of $1,800,000.
Edmonton Edge: Signed free agent SS G. Longoria to a minor league contract.
Chico Rebels: Signed free agent SP D. Palethorpe to a minor league contract.
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed free agent CL W. Liu to a minor league contract.
Ann Arbor Winged Lingerines: Signed free agent SP M. Pae to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,237,500.
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed free agent CL M. Kim to a minor league contract.
Boston Settlers: Signed free agent MR D. Logan to a 1-year contract worth a total of $500,000.
Hyannis Patriots: Signed free agent 1B L. Santana to a 1-year contract worth a total of $13,710,000.
Hammersmith Hooligans: Signed free agent 3B R. Roy to a 3-year contract worth a total of $27,000,000.
Baltimore Charm: Signed free agent C G. Lovelass to a minor league contract.
Hyannis Patriots: Signed free agent 1B C. Guidi to a minor league contract.
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed free agent CL M. Perreault to a minor league contract.
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed free agent CL H. Nance to a minor league contract.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:01 PM   #66
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Spring Training

CL:

Boston 15-6
Baltimore 13-8
Newark 11-9
Napa Valley 10-10
Edmonton 10-11
Tokyo 7-13
Apex 6-15

RL:

Hammersmith 15-6
Chico 14-7
Hyannis 13-7
Colorado 9-11
Ann Arbor 9-12
New York 8-13
Hartford 4-16

Old 09-27-2009, 09:13 PM   #67
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The new file is up!

The 2038 Season runs tomorrow night , 9pm ET!

We'll finally be back on a regular schedule this week *knocks on wood*

I hear the Village Idiot likely will make an apperance during the day tomorrow as well.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:52 AM   #68
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Anyone else have their team strategy settings reset? Every category is back to the default of 50%.

My individual settings are still intact.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:54 AM   #69
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal_GM View Post
Anyone else have their team strategy settings reset? Every category is back to the default of 50%.

My individual settings are still intact.

I guess I could have accidentally hit the reset settings button but I don't recall doing so.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:17 AM   #70
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

That would be typical of OOTP if they did. I know I have seen it before (just reset for no reason). Of course, I didn't look at my team settings (just the player settings) before sending in my upload last night, so now I'm in a bind if mine reset.

Alan, could you please upload my export, and see if my team settings have been reset? I might be able to wing it with some instructions if they are. Obviously, gone from home for the day, so I won't be able to do an export.

(bolded so Alan won't miss the request)

And as long as we're on the topic, anyone know a way to save or export team settings, so you can quickly and easily bring them back in? It's incredibly annoying for me for when the settings reset, or if I want to make short term changes (such as for the playoffs), but want to go back to my old settings for regular season play.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:23 AM   #71
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

Take a screenshot?
buckinbranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #72
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

No way to export/import them. I searched high and low on the OOTP boards for this but couldn't find anything.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:48 AM   #73
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
That would be typical of OOTP if they did. I know I have seen it before (just reset for no reason). Of course, I didn't look at my team settings (just the player settings) before sending in my upload last night, so now I'm in a bind if mine reset.

Alan, could you please upload my export, and see if my team settings have been reset? I might be able to wing it with some instructions if they are. Obviously, gone from home for the day, so I won't be able to do an export.

(bolded so Alan won't miss the request)

And as long as we're on the topic, anyone know a way to save or export team settings, so you can quickly and easily bring them back in? It's incredibly annoying for me for when the settings reset, or if I want to make short term changes (such as for the playoffs), but want to go back to my old settings for regular season play.

Your team strategies are definitely not reset to the default. I have no way of knowing if the current strategies are what you intend to use, but looking at them they appear to be something that is reasonably "strategic" so I am guessing yours are fine.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:48 AM   #74
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal_GM View Post
No way to export/import them. I searched high and low on the OOTP boards for this but couldn't find anything.

This is something I think I have seen people request a ton over the years, but I am not aware of any way to import them in either.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:40 PM   #75
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Your team strategies are definitely not reset to the default. I have no way of knowing if the current strategies are what you intend to use, but looking at them they appear to be something that is reasonably "strategic" so I am guessing yours are fine.

Thanks Alan. Yeah, if it's not the reset/default numbers, it's almost certainly my original team settings. Well, there's a bullet dodged at least (well, for me, sorry, Montreal GM).

Old 09-28-2009, 12:42 PM   #76
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

I did a quick version until I get more time later to fine tune some things, if I even do it at all. The more I mess with them the more I wonder if I should keep things simple or go back to the way I had them 3/4/5 seasons ago. It's taxing on the mind.