Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-06-2020, 06:35 PM   #29451
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Most recent poll of Alaska (Sep 20-23) had Trump only up by 1. The only Dem to ever win Alaska was LBJ.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 06:48 PM   #29452
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

How does anyone get to this place in their thinking?

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 06:51 PM   #29453
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight
Here, it's like "Well, people different from you sometimes express opinions, and it isn't quite as cool to shout them down as it was in the 50s" and that's seen as such an affront to everything that it's going to tear the country apart.

Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSyrup
How does anyone get to this place in their thinking?

Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 07:39 PM   #29454
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/06/u...imes&smtyp=cur
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 07:48 PM   #29455
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

That should be criminal if it isn't already.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:01 PM   #29456
PilotMan
Head Coach

25% chance to win is just flipping a coin 2 times and getting heads twice. That's it. Every one of us has done that before.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:26 PM   #29457
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:

But, but “pro-life”...
Old 10-06-2020, 08:27 PM   #29458
kingfc22
Head Coach

Dola

“But her emails” is apparently the newest strategy to throw at the wall to see if it sticks.

Last edited by kingfc22 : 10-06-2020 at 08:28 PM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:15 PM   #29459
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

He just tweeted that Congress should pass airline and small business relief funding and he will sign it.

So stimulus talks are . . . back on? Still off?

At least the tweets are so stupid that we know it's him and not an aide faking it.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:25 PM   #29460
Jas_lov
College Starter

And he just said he'd sign a standalone $1,200 stimulus check bill. All of these things were in the covid relief bill that he tanked. Please make it stop, Biden.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:42 PM   #29461
kingfc22
Head Coach

He’s off his rocker even for him.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:43 PM   #29462
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Dola

“But her emails” is apparently the newest strategy to throw at the wall to see if it sticks.

...and why not another round of "the REAL crime was the way they investigated the crime"
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:02 PM   #29463
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Guess we will learn if covid can kill someone who is already dead inside

Or is this part of the movie where it finds so vile a host that it mutates and kills us all?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 02:25 AM   #29464
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Today is a renminder of how trump and his staff separated families and locked them in cages until some of them died or were raped. It's a reminder because one of the people most in favor of this caught covid today
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 05:52 AM   #29465
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Isn't weird that there is no report on Chris Christie's condition? The last thing I saw was he did talk to a reporter on Monday. He said Christie sounded raspy, but would not say what his condition was.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 06:10 AM   #29466
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Isn't weird that there is no report on Chris Christie's condition? The last thing I saw was he did talk to a reporter on Monday. He said Christie sounded raspy, but would not say what his condition was.

I would like to know about all their conditions and the treatment they are taking.

If I'm in early stages, I want 5 doses of that Remdesivir!
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 06:13 AM   #29467
Edward64
Head Coach

It's good that he is back at the table. They should just split the difference and get it done, there is danger to Pelosi/Dems in sticking to their $2.6T (?) to spite the other stuff ... at this stage, something is better than nothing and the Dems can do the rest if/when they sweep.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 06:35 AM   #29468
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

At this point why should the dems come back to the table other than its the right thing to do. Why give Trump any kind of win three weeks prior to the election when they can just reference his own words when pressed.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:50 AM   #29469
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Yeah, Trump destroyed all his leverage.

If he and the GOP want to take the Dem deal, then the Dems should do it.

But why should they meet the GOP halfway when Trump took the political hit for a non-deal unto himself?
Old 10-07-2020, 06:56 AM   #29470
QuikSand
lolzcat

What kinda sucks is being a tiny voice in all this advocating for the first responders and health care workers who don't have elastic state/local budgets to support them, like the federal government does. IMO that's a worthy target for some emergency relief, and a lot of policymakers (on both sides of the aisle) say so... but phrases like "bailout for failed Democrat states" is so politically powerful, the issue looks like it's just been set aside.

It's possible that there are indeed dopes out there who'd like to divert covid funds to boost up their broke pension plans or whatnot, and most of "us" would gladly accept strings of that sort from the feds. But budgets below the federal level are mostly bad and about to get a ton worse when the federal patch-over kicks in. Sucks to be laying off nurses in your health department during a mass pandemic - but, hey, it's only "Democrat states" that care, I'm reliably informed.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 07:09 AM   #29471
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

No, no, Quik. It's that the Dems are sticking to their $2.6T (because they are number-obsessed weirdos, I guess?). Not that the Dems are actually advocating for the amount of money necessary to actually help firemen, nurses, and police officers. You need to read more tweets.

(Your point adds a lot of dark humor to the whole "defund the police" argument, too. The stimulus failed because Dems refused to back off their demands to fund local police departments and the GOP refused to back off their demands to not fund local police departments. But somehow Biden has to keep proving that he does not want to defund the police. When TRUMP ACTUALLY IS NOT FUNDING THE POLICE)
Old 10-07-2020, 07:29 AM   #29472
Ksyrup

I don't know the specifics on this bill, but the previous bills had a bunch of unrelated garbage attached to them which made it easy for either side to refuse to agree on anything, rather than just narrowly focus on the easiest pieces to agree on - because "we" have to use our leverage to get something we otherwise couldn't get on its own. I'm guessing there's some of that going on now. And once again, the Simpsons were right.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 10-07-2020, 07:33 AM   #29473
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

100% that is going on, and I think that message was getting across until Trump announced he was taking his ball and going home.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:33 AM   #29474
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- I used to be in the camp that when this presidency was over just let this administration disappear into the wind. I have done a total 180 on that and want every one of them thrown in jail and ruined.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:39 AM   #29475
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
100% that is going on, and I think that message was getting across until Trump announced he was taking his ball and going home.

I could be wrong, but I think

(1) Congressional GOP thinks that Biden will win.
(2) They want all COVID relief to come from Biden, so they can use it to start Tea Party 2. And if the delay in relief creates a second great depression they can use in 2022, so much the better.
(3) McConnell spent five minutes convincing Trump that no relief passing was in Trump's best interest and that "that's a great idea you had, sir, to cut off negotiations."
(4) Trump tweeted out that it was all his idea, which wasn't part of McConnell's plan.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:43 AM   #29476
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I give that a 95% chance of being what happened

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-07-2020 at 07:43 AM.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:51 AM   #29477
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

(2) They want all COVID relief to come from Biden, so they can use it to start Tea Party 2. And if the delay in relief creates a second great depression they can use in 2022, so much the better.
(3) McConnell spent five minutes convincing Trump that no relief passing was in Trump's best interest and that "that's a great idea you had, sir, to cut off negotiations."
(4) Trump tweeted out that it was all his idea, which wasn't part of McConnell's plan.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:53 AM   #29478
Ksyrup

If #4 happened, then McConnell is pretty stupid because he's had 4 years to watch Trump take credit for anything he thinks is a good idea AND say things out loud he should just keep to himself.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:57 AM   #29479
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I definitely think the problem is with the GOP senate, not the Dem House. There were reports that Pelosi and Mnuchin had an agreement yesterday, but then it all blew up. That would make Trump's tweet quoting Powell saying that there's no danger in doing too much make sense. It would also explain Trump pulling out pieces of the bill and claiming funding is already available.

The Senate isn't even in town until late October, so there's nothing they can do that will impact the election. Gien that, I think the plan is to prepare for a big Dem win and if that doesn't happen, pass something in November.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:52 AM   #29480
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

yeah, was having a similar discussion with a friend this morning after walking kids to school. I think the goal is burn down as much as possible to make it impossible for Biden to rebuild in time for 2022/2024.
Old 10-07-2020, 09:11 AM   #29481
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Oh, yeah - Mitch has been working on this contingency plan for a couple of months. Once COVID wasn't "going away" and the economy is clearly going to get hammered even more next year, he already started planning on obstruction to set up 2022 for Congress and whatever monster comes out of the swamp for 2024 to take advantage of all Trump broke in the last 4 years.

SI

Old 10-07-2020, 09:18 AM   #29482
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

That said, Mitch seems too smart to not know how this was going to go down, right? Basically, he let Trump do what he's going to do so that he takes the fall rather than Mitch, right? Though I have to think that's some messy calculus right now as you have to know the odds of your Senate majority rises and falls with Trump.

SI

Old 10-07-2020, 09:26 AM   #29483
spleen1015
Coordinator

I've read a few articles over the last few days that have talked about Trump losing the groups of people that helped him get elected in 2016, ie women. His support from women is way down compared to 2016. So, lots of signs pointing to him losing.

I'm trying not to let my hopes get too high, but I think he's toast and it's not even going to be close.
Old 10-07-2020, 09:31 AM   #29484
PilotMan
Head Coach

Just in my little neck of the woods you've got crazy hardened trump supporters, but by and large, the volume of political support signs are way way down in northern Kentucky.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 09:36 AM   #29485
spleen1015
Coordinator

I live in a very Republican suburb of Indianapolis and I see a lot more Biden/Harris signs than Trump signs.

I just bought a house and I have counted 6 Biden/Harris signs and no Trump signs in the neighborhood. I think Trump supporters in this demographic are afraid to publically show it.

Another thing that has stood out to me is I never see Trump/Pence signs, just Trump signs.
Old 10-07-2020, 10:51 AM   #29486
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

This quote is from the other thread but my reply belongs here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Dr. Fauci just said we could top 400k COVID deaths this winter... yikes!

So what will happen is that we will have 300k dead and Trump will claim he personally saved 100k lives.
Old 10-07-2020, 10:52 AM   #29487
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
This quote is from the other thread but my reply belongs here.

So what will happen is that we will have 300k dead and Trump will claim he personally saved 100k lives.

He'll still leave on or before inauguration day.
Old 10-07-2020, 10:53 AM   #29488
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

I laughed.

I wonder what happens with Dr. Fauci if Trump loses. Does he immediately go off on him?
Old 10-07-2020, 10:55 AM   #29489
spleen1015
Coordinator

I don't really pay attention to the projections any more. We have so many different ones, with a wide range.
Old 10-07-2020, 11:08 AM   #29490
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Infection control theatre.
Old 10-07-2020, 11:11 AM   #29491
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I've read a few articles over the last few days that have talked about Trump losing the groups of people that helped him get elected in 2016, ie women. His support from women is way down compared to 2016. So, lots of signs pointing to him losing.

I'm trying not to let my hopes get too high, but I think he's toast and it's not even going to be close.

And seniors have started to turn on him some too, at least according to some recent state polls.
Old 10-07-2020, 11:14 AM   #29492
Ksyrup

Given the circus-looking stage around it, the plexiglass looks like those rings that they set on fire before lions jump through them.
Old 10-07-2020, 11:17 AM   #29493
Ksyrup

Jets invite Stephon Gilmore to team coughing party. In unrelated news, Jets to start Joe Flacco this weekend.
Old 10-07-2020, 11:18 AM   #29494
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Jets invite Stephon Gilmore to team coughing party. In unrelated news, Jets to start Joe Flacco this weekend.

This is sure to bring down Trump!
Old 10-07-2020, 11:20 AM   #29495
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Given the circus-looking stage around it, the plexiglass looks like those rings that they set on fire before lions jump through them.

If the debates had vice presidential candidates jumping through rings of fire I would totally watch the debates.
Old 10-07-2020, 11:35 AM   #29496
Ksyrup

Ah damn!

To be fair, Joe Flacco could bring down anyone.
Old 10-07-2020, 11:35 AM   #29497
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I thought I heard there was going to be plexiglass between the moderators and the candidates as well.
Old 10-07-2020, 11:37 AM   #29498
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I wonder when the GOP will be able to win back the suburbs. They may be lost for a generation. This is something hurting them in the House, as their gerrymandering plans relied on suburbs cancelling out the votes of big cities. This is how we have a Dem in GA-6 and a close race in GA-7.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 11:39 AM   #29499
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Lincoln Project does it again!

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/s...631172608?s=20
Old 10-07-2020, 11:48 AM   #29500
Ksyrup

Followed by this thread: