Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-19-2021, 09:15 PM   #31801
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
trump and Melania leave the White House for the last time at 8 am tomorrow morning.

I think he wanted a 21-gun salute? Not sure if that will happen but there should be a crowd shouting "Loser".
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 09:17 PM   #31802
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I think he wanted a 21-gun salute? Not sure if that will happen but there should be a crowd shouting "Loser".

I hope there are lawsuit servers and NY state law enforcement on hand.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:23 PM   #31803
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
I hope there are lawsuit servers and NY state law enforcement on hand.

I really do think that Trump won't ever get convicted or impacted too severely by the law. He's got tons of resources, probably a lot of disputable "grey areas", and can prolong it for ever.

The way to "hurt" Trump is to get to the kids & friends. That's what I would be doing if I was AG Hillary Clinton.
Old 01-19-2021, 10:06 PM   #31804
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Bannon getting a pardon.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 10:23 PM   #31805
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Perfect.

For those that don't remember Bannon was accused of fraud for stealing money from MAGA folks. The scam was part of a private build the wall by donations scam.

Nobody has less respect for MAGA followers than do MAGA leaders.
Old 01-19-2021, 11:43 PM   #31806
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Bannon getting a pardon.

I guess he had another quarter left
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 11:44 PM   #31807
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I wonder if he's going to make any "piss off the left" pardons or will it just be pay to play.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:30 AM   #31808
RainMaker
General Manager

So most of the pardons are for rich dudes who did a bunch of corrupt shit.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 12:34 AM   #31809
thesloppy
Pro Starter

"former Detroit mayor Kwame Kilpatrick" now that's a name I've not heard in a long, long time...
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 01:52 AM   #31810
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

lil fucking wayne...
Old 01-20-2021, 01:53 AM   #31811
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

seems like a lot of gun related pardons then...

But are white terrorists on it?

How about those that took over the Oregon state park? (granted i don't think they ever got arrested)
Old 01-20-2021, 05:04 AM   #31812
Edward64
Head Coach

It's sweet that Guiliani (prob) won't get pardoned because of his involvement in the Capitol Hill insurrection. Trump is cautious in further PO Congress with the forthcoming Senate trial.

Unlike Guiliani (who I do not believe has served Trump well), Bannon I can appreciate. It was Bannon + Kelly Anne and a couple others that brought Trump to the forefront and then back to life to win 2016.
Old 01-20-2021, 05:57 AM   #31813
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I am not sure about it hurting the GOP necessarily just because I am not sure about the viability of any third party in the U.S. However, I would like to see the platform.

It's the one they erected outside the Capitol that had the noose.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 05:58 AM   #31814
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
This guy didn't get one, either.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 06:22 AM   #31815
GrantDawg

Old 01-20-2021, 06:22 AM   #31816
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Starting a viable political third party takes a ton of work and attention to detail. You have to navigate the election laws and procedures of 50 states and the federal government (many of which have been designed by the two parties to make things hard on third parties) as well as build out 50 state party infrastructures, etc.

Hard work and attention to detail are like Kryptonite for Trump.

And what kind of help would he get? He'd be trying to do that with leaders like Bannon who would be stealing from his voters and with foot soldiers who think that Bill Gates is putting microchips into vaccines. Not really the type of people who are going to understand or remember or care about Georgia's arcane signature collection deadlines. They are up for rallies and for storming the Capitol, because that stuff is fun for them. Like a tailgate. But work? Actual hard work? This is MAGA we are talking about.

He wants to be the head of his own party? Sure. I want to run a marathon in under 4 hours. Just because I want to do it does not mean that it will ever happen.

Trump got as far as he did only b/c the GOP powerbrokers let him. If he ever tries to formally oppose them, they will crush him. We'll have a lot of Rudy giving a press conference in front of an abandoned Dairy Queen explaining that this next lawsuit against the Board of Elections is sure to succeed if only the judge will listen to them.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 06:28 AM   #31817
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Starting a viable political third party takes a ton of work and attention to detail. You have to navigate the election laws and procedures of 50 states and the federal government (many of which have been designed by the two parties to make things hard on third parties) as well as build out 50 state party infrastructures, etc.

Hard work and attention to detail are like Kryptonite for Trump.

And what kind of help would he get? He'd be trying to do that with leaders like Bannon who would be stealing from his voters and with foot soldiers who think that Bill Gates is putting microchips into vaccines. Not really the type of people who are going to understand or remember or care about Georgia's arcane signature collection deadlines. They are up for rallies and for storming the Capitol, because that stuff is fun for them. Like a tailgate. But work? Actual hard work? This is MAGA we are talking about.

He wants to be the head of his own party? Sure. I want to run a marathon in under 4 hours. Just because I want to do it does not mean that it will ever happen.

Trump got as far as he did only b/c the GOP powerbrokers let him. If he ever tries to formally oppose them, they will crush him. We'll have a lot of Rudy giving a press conference in front of an abandoned Dairy Queen explaining that this next lawsuit against the Board of Elections is sure to succeed if only the judge will listen to them.
My counter to that is many if not most states chairs for the GOP are Trumpist. There are people in many states that are already well connected and know the people needed to get ballot access. How many does he pull? How many money people does he get to join? He will definitely have a huge grass-roots money.
Old 01-20-2021, 06:57 AM   #31818
miami_fan
Coordinator

The presidential pardons and commutations are so interesting to me. The POTUS (no matter what party) campaigns and spends their time in office defending and protecting the criminal justice system and being super tough on crime. Then, in their last act in office, they say that the criminal justice system has committed a wrong that he now has to rectify. No, this conviction should not remain on this person's permanent record. No, it makes no sense to keep someone locked up for life for (insert crime here). Yes it is possible for someone to rehabilitate themselves. All arguments that if they made them during the campaign would make them super weak on crime in the eyes of some end up making them look compassionate in the eyes of those same people at the end.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

Last edited by miami_fan : 01-20-2021 at 07:21 AM.
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 07:45 AM   #31819
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Well knock me over with a feather. Trump just wished the next administration great success at his farewell thingy.

(No one cheered.)
Old 01-20-2021, 07:47 AM   #31820
Ben E Lou

Heh. "We will be back in some form."
Old 01-20-2021, 07:48 AM   #31821
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Heh. "We will be back in some form."

Old 01-20-2021, 08:06 AM   #31822
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I think "if you don't count the jobs we lost, we had the greatest jobs record ever" was my favorite bit.
Old 01-20-2021, 08:57 AM   #31823
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Well knock me over with a feather. Trump just wished the next administration great success at his farewell thingy.

(No one cheered.)

Yes he did, but he was already setting up that its because of things he did in his administration that caused the success to happen.
Old 01-20-2021, 08:59 AM   #31824
Thomkal
Head Coach

I can say this here without risking "family friction" on Facebook: The 4 years of Hell are finally over! Even in his final speech he couldn't talk to the millions who voted against him.
Old 01-20-2021, 09:00 AM   #31825
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Pardon one Marc Rich and cause a firestorm. Pardon 50 Marc Riches and oh, well.

Trump/Bannon really figured out the process with their flood the zone with shit idea.
Old 01-20-2021, 09:01 AM   #31826
Thomkal
Head Coach

So I've not been following the pardons process too closely-do we think there are "secret" pardons we don't know anything about yet and how would they work?
Old 01-20-2021, 09:10 AM   #31827
cuervo72
Head Coach

So, going forward. Will there be a library? I guess if there's money he might build himself a shrine, but how many actual records might there be in such a place?

Also, does he get invited to the usual "all former presidents" get-togethers? I guess that might depend on the next week, but to what extent will the other guys tolerate him?
Old 01-20-2021, 09:10 AM   #31828
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
So I've not been following the pardons process too closely-do we think there are "secret" pardons we don't know anything about yet and how would they work?

The law says that pardons should be public.

But most scholars think (and I agree) that the President's constitutional pardon power is broader than that, and that secret pardons are allowed. If you think about it, that power existed before there were any government record keeping laws.

The issue with them would be proving that they were issued. Let's say that the Feds indict Rudy for something that he did during the Trump administration. Then Rudy pulls a secret pardon out of his pocket.

There are two issues: (1) Is this real, or is it something that Rudy drew up himself last week? and (2) if it is real, is it valid?

As to number 2, I think that it would be valid if it were real.

As to number 1, that would be an issue of fact. You could get President Trump to testify that he issued it. Maybe there were other witnesses. Maybe a notary public.
Old 01-20-2021, 09:19 AM   #31829
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
So, going forward. Will there be a library? I guess if there's money he might build himself a shrine, but how many actual records might there be in such a place?

Also, does he get invited to the usual "all former presidents" get-togethers? I guess that might depend on the next week, but to what extent will the other guys tolerate him?

There will probably be a highway. A highway to...

Florida Rep. Sabatini hopes to rename highway for President Trump
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 01-20-2021, 09:27 AM   #31830
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I didn't realize Brian Urlacher's brother was a convicted bookie. Now pardoned.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 09:33 AM   #31831
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Is there no more fitting tribute than a highway for Florida Man that runs through a swamp?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 10:07 AM   #31832
JediKooter
Coordinator

trump, "I'll be back in some form". It sounds like shitty Terminator fan fiction.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 10:19 AM   #31833
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Is there no more fitting tribute than a highway for Florida Man that runs through a swamp?

SI

Yeah, it is not the most extravagant highway in the state for sure.
Old 01-20-2021, 10:19 AM   #31834
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:

I really really hope that the governor of Michigan has a sense of humour and names a highway after Trump that goes to this town

Hell, Michigan - Wikipedia
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 10:22 AM   #31835
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
today is the day that Trump finally becomes (ex) Presidential
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 10:26 AM   #31836
kingfc22
Head Coach

Thank goodness. And just how great has it been since he was banned off of social media?!
Old 01-20-2021, 10:47 AM   #31837
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
The law says that pardons should be public.

But most scholars think (and I agree) that the President's constitutional pardon power is broader than that, and that secret pardons are allowed. If you think about it, that power existed before there were any government record keeping laws.

The issue with them would be proving that they were issued. Let's say that the Feds indict Rudy for something that he did during the Trump administration. Then Rudy pulls a secret pardon out of his pocket.

There are two issues: (1) Is this real, or is it something that Rudy drew up himself last week? and (2) if it is real, is it valid?

As to number 2, I think that it would be valid if it were real.

As to number 1, that would be an issue of fact. You could get President Trump to testify that he issued it. Maybe there were other witnesses. Maybe a notary public.

Thanks for the explanation, that helps me understand the issue a lot

Last edited by Thomkal : 01-20-2021 at 10:47 AM.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 10:49 AM   #31838
CarterNMA
Mascot

Damn near every day over the last four years the first thing I did in the morning was check the BBC News homepage hoping a certain evil shithead had shuffled off this mortal coil overnight. Alas, it never came but at least his horrible reign is over. Good riddance, fucktard!
CarterNMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 10:54 AM   #31839
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

It's finally officially over!!!!!
Old 01-20-2021, 10:57 AM   #31840
Butter
Coordinator

I wonder how this is all part of the QAnon plan
Old 01-20-2021, 10:59 AM   #31841
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Can we lock this thread and pretend it never happened?
Old 01-20-2021, 11:01 AM   #31842
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
Can we lock this thread and pretend it never happened?

Oh! I saw that episode of Dallas where Bobby Ewing wakes up and it was all dream.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 01-20-2021, 11:04 AM   #31843
BYU 14
Coordinator

Can we take a moment right now to rejoice that Trump cannot tweet
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:08 AM   #31844
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Can we take a moment right now to rejoice that Trump cannot tweet

I did that several days ago already
Old 01-20-2021, 11:08 AM   #31845
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
It's finally officially over!!!!!

I just had to take a quick peak at Trump's and Biden's wikipedia pages, and whitehouse.gov, to let it soak in.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:12 AM   #31846
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Let's close this bitch!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:15 AM   #31847
JediKooter
Coordinator

Goodbye and good riddance!!

Old 01-20-2021, 11:15 AM   #31848
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Verse 2: Chris Gaines!

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:18 AM   #31849
molson
General Manager

Where should we post about criminal charges, business failings, morally repugnant activities of the Trump family, etc., here? Or new thread?

Last edited by molson : 01-20-2021 at 11:18 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:23 AM   #31850
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Where should we post about criminal charges, business failings, morally repugnant activities of the Trump family, etc., here? Or new thread?

Just not in the Biden or the Coronavirus non-political threads please