Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-20-2021, 11:28 AM   #31851
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Where should we post about criminal charges, business failings, morally repugnant activities of the Trump family, etc., here? Or new thread?

I say here, since he is still getting impeached and that process isn't over yet. Then I would be more than happy to read through and post in the "Trump Headed to Prison" thread.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:29 AM   #31852
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Where should we post about criminal charges, business failings, morally repugnant activities of the Trump family, etc., here? Or new thread?

Had a similar question to be honest
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:30 AM   #31853
Swaggs
Coordinator

I say keep it open until he shares the details of his healthcare plan and/or his tax audit ends.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:31 AM   #31854
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
I wonder how this is all part of the QAnon plan

March 4th was the original inauguration day per the constitution and since Trump has been so beholden to the original document and a fan of symbolism that's the date of The Awakening.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 09:22 PM   #31855
Edward64
Head Coach

Well played China. I still hate your government but can't argue about your tit-for-tat.

China hits Trump officials with sanctions on their way out
Quote:
China imposed sanctions on nearly 30 former Trump administration officials moments after they left office on Wednesday.

In a statement released just minutes after President Joe Biden was inaugurated, Beijing slapped travel bans and business restrictions on Trump’s secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, national security adviser Robert O’Brien and U.N. ambassador, Kelly Craft.

Others covered by the sanctions include Trump’s economic adviser Peter Navarro; his top diplomat for Asia, David Stilwell; health and human services secretary, Alex Azar; along with former national security adviser John Bolton and strategist Stephen Bannon. The sanctions are largely symbolic but underscore Beijing’s antipathy toward a U.S. administration it regarded as hostile.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 09:30 PM   #31856
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
March 4th was the original inauguration day per the constitution and since Trump has been so beholden to the original document and a fan of symbolism that's the date of The Awakening.

Could you imagine if we had another month and a half of this shit?
Old 01-20-2021, 09:51 PM   #31857
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Thank goodness. And just how great has it been since he was banned off of social media?!

omg the fucking best! He trolled obama on it all term. Now we don't have to put up with it
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 09:53 PM   #31858
Edward64
Head Coach

Lonely coup'er.

Last edited by Edward64 : 01-20-2021 at 09:53 PM.
Old 01-20-2021, 09:59 PM   #31859
Edward64
Head Coach

I guess we now know why Judge Jeanine was such a big fan. Good to be King.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/20/polit...and/index.html
Quote:
Pirro was upset that her ex-husband Albert J. Pirro Jr. wasn't on Trump's final pardon list that came out early Wednesday morning, and that message was conveyed to the White House and its former resident, according to a former White House adviser. Albert Pirro was convicted on conspiracy and tax evasion charges after improperly deducting $1.2 million of his personal expenses in business write-offs.

A separate source familiar with the matter tells CNN that Albert Pirro was not on the pardon radar before Wednesday morning. It wasn't until midmorning that day that aides, who were in the middle of off-boarding their duties to the new administration, were told it needed to be done.

The order came as a total surprise and had aides scrambling to make it happen before the noon ET deadline, when Trump's term came to an end.
Minutes after Trump landed in Florida following his final flight aboard Air Force One from Washington, now-former deputy White House press secretary Judd Deere released a statement announcing that "Today, President Donald J. Trump granted a full pardon to Albert J. Pirro, Jr."
Old 01-21-2021, 06:18 AM   #31860
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

How fitting is it that his final act is to pardon the ex of a Fox News host.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 07:10 AM   #31861
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Not sure if this is accurate, but I read somewhere a couple of days ago that pardons are not official until received by the person being pardoned. That's why most presidents don't wait until the last minute to release pardons because the incoming president can stop them if they haven't been fully completed. I don't know if they waited to grant the pardons as late as they did or just released the list late, but surely a pardon like Pirro's could have been undone if Biden wanted to, given the last-minute circumstances.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:39 AM   #31862
JediKooter
Coordinator

And in the, 'Least Surprising News of 2021', category:

Report: Biden Admin Discovers Trump Had Zero Plans For COVID Vaccine Distribution

Much like his ACA replacement, nothing more than vaporware.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 01-21-2021, 09:48 AM   #31863
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

These syncopates will just say it was the states responsibility.

goalposts moved...
Old 01-21-2021, 09:54 AM   #31864
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

goalposts moved...

Exactly! They move more goalposts than U-Haul could dream of. I honestly think that all 50 states should charge trump and anyone else involved with murder and attempted murder charges. Not all states will do it because we know there's a few governors that still have their lips firmly planted on trumps taint.

Old 01-21-2021, 10:03 AM   #31865
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Over the last four years, I had forgotten that we are not supposed to know what the President is thinking/feeling/doing every minute of every day.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 10:05 AM   #31866
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Over the last four years, I had forgotten that we are not supposed to know what the President is thinking/feeling/doing every minute of every day.

BUT WHAT IS BIDEN THINKING ON THE CAN?!? LIKE RIGHT NOW?!?!

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 01-21-2021 at 10:15 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 10:06 AM   #31867
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

It's a good feeling right now.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 10:06 AM   #31868
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

It's like near the end of the movie Damnation Alley, where the Earth shifts and sheds all the nuclear fallout from its atmosphere and everything is green and sunny and the sky is blue again, like those first few days of spring after the snow has finally gone away and everything is blooming.

Old 01-21-2021, 10:44 AM   #31869
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:

goalposts moved...

That was exactly the reaction on this board a couple of weeks ago when I said Biden would improve the roll out
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 10:14 PM   #31870
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Not sure if this is accurate, but I read somewhere a couple of days ago that pardons are not official until received by the person being pardoned. That's why most presidents don't wait until the last minute to release pardons because the incoming president can stop them if they haven't been fully completed. I don't know if they waited to grant the pardons as late as they did or just released the list late, but surely a pardon like Pirro's could have been undone if Biden wanted to, given the last-minute circumstances.
Interesting question in theory, but also, ehhhh why? Pirro is a bit of scumbag, but he wouldn't have stood out on that list except for the timing. Now if Trump had pardoned the Army guy who murdered families in Afghanistan, or people who were actively tied to the Capital insurrection I could see that.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 08:10 AM   #31871
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Did Joe Exotic get pardoned?
Old 01-22-2021, 08:14 AM   #31872
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Did Joe Exotic get pardoned?

Nope
Old 01-22-2021, 11:37 AM   #31873
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

so McConnell wants to give Trump more time to prepare. I think the left should allow this. I think it gives senators on the right an out. If they rush it through they can say they voted against removal because the Trump camp didn't have enough time. If they give them the time it makes it easier to claim they were given every opportunity to make the argument against impeachment and didn't do it.
Old 01-22-2021, 12:22 PM   #31874
PilotMan
Head Coach

plus is gives the Senate time to work on nominees and other early admin activities without getting bogged down with that right away.

of course, I still don't see mitch letting his group do anything that would actually punish trump. There wouldn't be any trial, same as before, if he were still in charge of the Senate.

Like Steam?

Old 01-22-2021, 01:09 PM   #31875
Thomkal
Head Coach

It's been kinda nice not having any Trump news or see any pictures of him or his children the last few days...(Yes I spoiled it just now)
Old 01-22-2021, 01:23 PM   #31876
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
so McConnell wants to give Trump more time to prepare. I think the left should allow this. I think it gives senators on the right an out. If they rush it through they can say they voted against removal because the Trump camp didn't have enough time. If they give them the time it makes it easier to claim they were given every opportunity to make the argument against impeachment and didn't do it.

I think the GOP would love a long trial. Not only does it bog down legislation, but then it gives them an excuse as to why they can't work with Dems, "we spent four weeks..."
Old 01-22-2021, 01:52 PM   #31877
PilotMan
Head Coach

There's really no need for a long trial. Everything was public. That's not a secret witness somewhere to say it didn't happen.

Like Steam?

Old 01-22-2021, 02:53 PM   #31878
AlexB
Pro Starter

Haven’t seen a mention of this, but I may have missed it.

Iran’s supreme leader makes online threats to attack golfing Trump

Do you think that if they were serious and managed to pull it off, it could actually unite the US?

Biden would have to take some sort of strong retaliatory action, and I don’t think too many Americans would be against it? Taking out an ex-President, even Trump, would lead to war.

Last edited by AlexB : 01-22-2021 at 02:56 PM.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 02:53 PM   #31879
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
It's been kinda nice not having any Trump news or see any pictures of him or his children the last few days...(Yes I spoiled it just now)

Absolutely. And it's such a relief to see regular press briefings. There's the expected side stepping of some questions but much, much better than all that other BS.

Last edited by Edward64 : 01-22-2021 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-22-2021, 04:42 PM   #31880
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post

Absolutely. And it's such a relief to see regular press briefings. There's the expected side stepping of some questions but much, much better than all that other BS.

Yeah I've not seen the last couple, but I hope she is still ignoring the OAN reporter.
Old 01-22-2021, 04:48 PM   #31881
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post

Do you think that if they were serious and managed to pull it off, it could actually unite the US?

Biden would have to take some sort of strong retaliatory action, and I don’t think too many Americans would be against it? Taking out an ex-President, even Trump, would lead to war.

No.

There would a ton of people on the left cheering about it and that would incense those on the right, despite the fact they wanted to hang Mike Pence. Then those on the right would want nothing short of us nuking Iran. Literally nothing Biden could do would be enough for revenge.

It would be a nightmare.
Old 01-22-2021, 04:57 PM   #31882
bob
College Starter

Quote:
No.

There would a ton of people on the left cheering about it and that would incense those on the right, despite the fact they wanted to hang Mike Pence. Then those on the right would want nothing short of us nuking Iran. Literally nothing Biden could do would be enough for revenge.

It would be a nightmare.

bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 05:51 PM   #31883
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
No.

It would be a nightmare.

I don't see why it wouldn't be both. I wouldn't she'd a tear if they droned him in revenge, but I also wouldn't have a problem if we then, in the JohninMiddleGA parlance, turned Iran into glass in retaliation.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 06:38 PM   #31884
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post

Assuming we can trace it back to them, the US will unite and take out Iran.
Old 01-23-2021, 07:05 AM   #31885
Edward64
Head Coach

Some MSM is reporting momentum to confirm the impeachment is waning.

Doesn't matter, still go with the process and record the votes.
Old 01-23-2021, 08:03 AM   #31886
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I heard the same on CNN and that a lot of them are using the excuse it is because of the process, not that he didn't commit impeachable offenses.

fucking cowards. It is amazing to me the GOP wants the shitstorm that he will create over the next 4 years.
Old 01-23-2021, 08:05 AM   #31887
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
I don't see why it wouldn't be both. I wouldn't she'd a tear if they droned him in revenge, but I also wouldn't have a problem if we then, in the JohninMiddleGA parlance, turned Iran into glass in retaliation.

The question was if it would unite the country. I feel the most likely scenario is the one I outlined above.
Old 01-23-2021, 10:00 AM   #31888
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Assuming we can trace it back to them, the US will unite and take out Iran.
This. I hate Trump as much as the next guy, but if a foreign entity took him out it would be united with both left and right that this could not go unpunished. There is no way we can allow countries assassinate American political figures without extreme consequences. The extreme left might balk, but I would say an aggression resolution or possibly even a declaration of war would get 70-75% approval through congress.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 01-23-2021 at 10:01 AM.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 10:05 AM   #31889
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
There's really no need for a long trial. Everything was public. That's not a secret witness somewhere to say it didn't happen.
The Republicans could make it a long trial. I imagine they will call many many witnesses just to drag it out as long as possible to try to gring the government to a halt. They will use it to try and prove election fraud, democratic bias of Trump, possibly try and litigate Hunter Biden if they can. If the Dems try to stop them, then they ran a with-trial that was one sided and didn't care about facts.

I promise you, unless there is strong Republican support for conviction the GOP is going to make the a circus.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 10:06 AM   #31890
molson
General Manager

It complicates things if done in the physical United States, and Iran would never do that, but if some entity managed to snatch him while he was overseas promoting the opening of a Trump Plaza somehwere.....Eh. I'm sure there's be plenty of anger, but if it could be separated from an actual intrusion made upon U.S. soil and was confined to Trump himself, I wonder how many of us would really care to the extent of being angry on a personal level. I certainty wouldn't shed a tear or rally around him. It's an interesting question.

Last edited by molson : 01-23-2021 at 10:09 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 10:34 AM   #31891
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

What happens if somebody blows up a Trump property overseas? I'm certain there would be GOP voices calling for war.
Old 01-23-2021, 11:05 AM   #31892
PilotMan
Head Coach

Hey, remember that time that the US was complicit in the savage assassination of a political opponent of Saudi Arabia (who happened to be a US resident), then said what a swell guy the Sheik was, and how he probably had absolutely nothing to do with it (he did)?

And how funny would it be if the R's insisted on tons of witnesses and insisted on 'all voices being heard' when they couldn't even bring themselves to have any during the first impeachment.

Like Steam?

Old 01-23-2021, 12:03 PM   #31893
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I wonder how many of us would really care to the extent of being angry on a personal level. I certainty wouldn't shed a tear or rally around him. It's an interesting question.

God forgive me for saying so, but him being gone for good is what would be best for America, even if it makes him a martyr.
Old 01-23-2021, 01:21 PM   #31894
kingfc22
Head Coach

Was really rooting for COVID to have done that but he got bailed out by having access to advanced healthcare options.
Old 01-23-2021, 01:24 PM   #31895
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

at least him being gone from twitter is LIKE him being gone for good...

for now it's a win
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 02:56 PM   #31896
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
This. I hate Trump as much as the next guy, but if a foreign entity took him out it would be united with both left and right that this could not go unpunished. There is no way we can allow countries assassinate American political figures without extreme consequences. The extreme left might balk, but I would say an aggression resolution or possibly even a declaration of war would get 70-75% approval through congress.

I don't consider myself to be terribly political...and I can't say I hate Trump as much as I just sort of despise him (meaning, it's not like an active, burning thing but more of a just dismissive disregard for him and anything he stands for)...but I'd have a hard time getting upset if someone took him out.

It's like...I know intellectually that there should be consequences if a foreign government went after a former president, but going to war over it and sacrificing the lives of American soldiers on his behalf seems like a step too far. Maybe some drone strikes of military/government targets and economic sanctions. But even then, my heart wouldn't be in it.

(This is predicated on the latter scenario where it happens outside of the US. A foreign government assassinates any American *on* US soil...well, we'd need to flatten them just on principle.)

To JPhillips' scenario: I don't think the US has any stake if a foreign government blows up an international Trump property. Maybe make a bellicose statement to the UN or whatever, but the justice burden would fall on the country in which the attack took place, since it would be an attack on their soil. I don't want to get into a world where property owned by a US citizen or US-based corporation becomes de-facto American soil that our nation or military is obligated to defend.

Last edited by Drake : 01-23-2021 at 02:57 PM. Reason: fixing typos
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 11:03 AM   #31897
Edward64
Head Coach

I think Birx is trying to rehabilitate her image and likely jealous of how well Fauci has been accepted into the Biden administration.

No doubt she was in a tough spot. And do think she & Fauci were doing the darn best they could early to mid last year. I can see the truth to "I stayed and served to help America vs Trump".

I don't know all the political happenings between her and Fauci, others in Trumps coronavirus team, CDC etc. but can't help feel she got short changed when she was trying to do the best she could.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:07 PM   #31898
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
No doubt she was in a tough spot.

Sorry. I just don’t buy this. This is America, she wasn’t going to be imprisoned or sent to the gulag for telling the truth to the public.

Sure she would have lost her job but if you lose your professional integrity that easily you probably don’t belong in that position anyways.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:11 PM   #31899
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

It's one thing to refuse to publically contradict the President, but it's much different when you go on TV to praise the President and claim he reads all the scientific literature and is uniquely well informed.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:21 PM   #31900
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
I think Birx is trying to rehabilitate her image and likely jealous of how well Fauci has been accepted into the Biden administration.

No doubt she was in a tough spot. And do think she & Fauci were doing the darn best they could early to mid last year. I can see the truth to "I stayed and served to help America vs Trump".

I don't know all the political happenings between her and Fauci, others in Trumps coronavirus team, CDC etc. but can't help feel she got short changed when she was trying to do the best she could.

I did not see the interview and I probably won't rush to watch the interview. I have seen the piece where she said that someone was present graphs that she did not create. Did she take any responsibility for the words that came out of her mouth during the briefings and for any of the policies that came from groups that she led?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote