Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-03-2023, 01:10 PM   #801
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

It's the Joe Rogan/Rand Paul "Look how smart I am because I question everything and go against the grain/norms" BS. They've taken what is otherwise an important idea - think for yourself - and combined it with this "the worldview is liberal and therefore always wrong" mindset, and turned into a contrarian philosophy that rubs elbows with conspiracy theories, anti-government sentiment, and fallacies/lies that speaks to a not insignificant percentage of the population who want to feel smart (or prove it to the public on social media) because they go against the general consensus on a lot of topics.

It started with climate change 25 or so years ago and then when Covid came around, it spread to vaccinations, and rigged elections, etc. And of course, once you tie something like this into a political movement, it just explodes.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 11-03-2023 at 01:11 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 01:57 PM   #802
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Why does 99% of people that enter hospice care die in the first year? Why is hospice care killing all these people? I'm just asking questions. I am very smart.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

This guy is supposedly brilliant and has infinite resources but always tries to pass off shit like this as him just asking questions. Yet the answer to the questions he "asks" could be answered in 2 minutes with basic common sense or internet skills.

I think it was last week he was "asking" why wikipedia is always asking for donations and where that money goes.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 08:47 AM   #803
Ksyrup

Zuckerberg tore his ACL training for an MMA fight. I think the only reasonable thing to do is for a hobbled Zuckerberg to fight a similarly hobbled Elon. Not only would it be a fair fight, but it probably increases the chances of a significant injury to one or both of them.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-04-2023, 08:51 AM   #804
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Did Zuck and Elon ever buy wives for themselves?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 07:23 AM   #805
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Elon is a racist and and anti-semite.

Old 11-16-2023, 10:29 AM   #806
RainMaker
General Manager

That's some Goebbels stuff there. Congrats to the advertisers who stayed.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 06:52 AM   #807
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I wonder if the Universe one day, in a fit of karmic retribution, will have one of his self-driving Teslas run him over while he's crossing the street. And then it'll blow up.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 07:27 PM   #808
RainMaker
General Manager

It seems like an exodus is taking place. Not sure how they keep that place afloat much longer.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/17/appl...tic-tweet.html
Old 11-30-2023, 08:57 PM   #809
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
It seems like an exodus is taking place. Not sure how they keep that place afloat much longer.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/17/appl...tic-tweet.html

Well they're reportedly down to 1 major advertiser and Musk told those that left "to go fuck themselves" at an event yesterday where Bob Iger was speaking.

It seems like we're in the last days of Twitter. They even acknowledged today that they can't won't be able to continue for long unless advertisers return.
Old 12-01-2023, 06:57 AM   #810
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

He's the richest person in the world. And a business genius. I'm sure they'll be fine.
Old 12-01-2023, 07:02 AM   #811
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

https://www.threads.net/@newsbreakin...st/C0RPAByrLrT

I cannot think of anyone (with the possible exception of Trump) who cares more about whether he is liked than Elon.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 12-01-2023 at 07:02 AM.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 10:13 AM   #812
Ksyrup

Interesting article about everyone's favorite Boy Wonder.

Elon Musk's Problems at Twitter, Tesla Prove His Luck Has Run Out
Old 12-13-2023, 03:22 PM   #813
Atocep
Coordinator

Did anyone else that Musk did a twitter live with Alex Jones and Ramaswamy to celebrate Alex Jones getting his twitter account reinstated?

Oh and Ramaswamy didn't mute his phone while he took a piss, but that's another story.
Old 12-13-2023, 05:29 PM   #814
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Did anyone else that Musk did a twitter live with Alex Jones and Ramaswamy to celebrate Alex Jones getting his twitter account reinstated?

Oh and Ramaswamy didn't mute his phone while he took a piss, but that's another story.

Not enough Rubber Noses for the Clowns on that call.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 11:22 AM   #815
whomario
Pro Starter

Last Week Tonight - Elon Musk
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 12-18-2023 at 11:23 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 01:48 PM   #816
Atocep
Coordinator

Japanese disaster prevention X account can’t post anymore after hitting API limit - Dexerto

Quote:
According to Unseen Japan, NERV is under X’s “Basic” API plan, where it can post 100 posts in 24 hours. This costs around $100, while the next step up requires users to pay around $5000 a month for usage of its API. Due to NERV running at a loss, the company has chosen not to subscribe to the higher tier.
Old 01-09-2024, 11:08 AM   #817
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Can someone send me a flow chart for the hierarchy of hate that MAGA/Q ascribe to? There's something about Orthodox Jewish tunnels trending and the anti-Semitism is flowing on Twitter. But they also cheer Israel in murdering innocent Palestinians.

At this point I have it as Women > Jews > Hispanics >= Blacks > Liberals > Muslims but I feel like I'm missing some.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 11:11 AM   #818
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
Can someone send me a flow chart for the hierarchy of hate that MAGA/Q ascribe to? There's something about Orthodox Jewish tunnels trending and the anti-Semitism is flowing on Twitter. But they also cheer Israel in murdering innocent Palestinians.

At this point I have it as Women > Jews > Hispanics >= Blacks > Liberals > Muslims but I feel like I'm missing some.
Always hate the other. If the other is killing other other, then that is good.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 12:07 PM   #819
Ksyrup

Quote:

Your question ascribes some semblance of logic that all evidence indicates is lacking from the subject matter.
Old 01-10-2024, 07:52 AM   #820
cuervo72
Head Coach

Last edited by cuervo72 : 01-10-2024 at 07:55 AM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 08:33 AM   #821
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Who would have guess a guy whose dad ran emerald mines during apartheid in South Africa would be racist.

My father-in-law used to work as CEO for a guy who wouldn't hire black truck drivers or office workers because he thought blacks were too dumb to be trusted with that work. He would only allow them to be hired for warehouse work. My father-in-law only said something when he rage-retired.
Old 01-11-2024, 08:41 AM   #822
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I found this amusing

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 07:48 PM   #823
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Oh, that's good.
Old 02-06-2024, 04:31 PM   #824
GrantDawg

For anyone interested, Bluesky is now open for anyone to join.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2024, 05:47 PM   #825
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

He's gone full on MAGA.

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 06:29 AM   #826
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I didn't know Rachel Maddow was on Bing now.
Old 02-23-2024, 08:18 AM   #827
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Elon is a super douche but that tweet he's replying to is also as lame as can be.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 11:35 AM   #828
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Must have made Elon feel good to own that snowflake for a 4 year old tweet! He was probably still crying in 2024, right? /s
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 11:46 AM   #829
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Must have made Elon feel good to own that snowflake for a 4 year old tweet! He was probably still crying in 2024, right? /s

LOL. I thought that the guy had just posted about voting in the primary.

Elon has more free time than anyone I know.
Old 02-23-2024, 11:47 AM   #830
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

No, see, he's a CEO of 4 companies... now, don't try to work 2 jobs at once as a regular human, that's just greed.
Old 02-23-2024, 12:25 PM   #831
Ksyrup

You have a surprising amount of down time when you sleep on the floor at the office instead of interacting with humans like a normal person.
Old 02-23-2024, 12:58 PM   #832
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I know you're talking about Elon, but I actually spent most of a month sleeping on the floor of my home office while my wife and I traded random illnesses. Add in the lack of human contact and it really cuts deep.
Old 02-23-2024, 01:24 PM   #833
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
No, see, he's a CEO of 4 companies... now, don't try to work 2 jobs at once as a regular human, that's just greed.

Hopefully he is working a minimum of 40 hours per week onsite at each company, like he requires his employees to do.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 05:43 PM   #834
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Latest saga on Twitter is that he appears unaware that PCs come with operating systems. And, on the advice of some people responding to his tweets, he is texting the CEO of Microsoft for tech-support.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 02-25-2024 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-25-2024, 06:22 PM   #835
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Latest saga on Twitter is that he appears unaware that PCs come with operating systems. And, on the advice of some people responding to his tweets, he is texting the CEO of Microsoft for tech-support.

Well that was between postings supporting the great replacement.
Old 02-25-2024, 06:32 PM   #836
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

Modern day Tony Stark!
Old 02-25-2024, 09:00 PM   #837
Ksyrup

I almost never spend any time on Twitter these days, but I've noticed a ramp up of push notifications to my phone from right wingers. I got 3 from Musk directly, so I had to block him, followed by DT Jr, then today Laura Ingraham. I don't follow any of them, but now they are all blocked.
Old 02-26-2024, 03:01 PM   #838
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Nate Silver calls to shut down Gemini after Google’s AI chatbot refuses to say if Hitler or Musk is worse

Last edited by NobodyHere : 02-26-2024 at 03:02 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 03:23 PM   #839
RainMaker
General Manager

Only because I sort of work tangentially to the AI stuff, these people are insane and think AI is much more robust than it actually is. These things are just spinning existing content they scraped, they're not sentient or any of that shit.
Old 03-17-2024, 09:31 AM   #840
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Getting harder and harder to justify staying on a platform where the owner is so openly racist. I guess I need to see what Bluesky has to offer.
Old 03-17-2024, 09:41 AM   #841
Ksyrup

I haven't opened the app in a few months just to browse. About the only time I use the app is sending DMs with videos back and forth with my kids (usually I'll see something linked elsewhere) or following up on posts from certain accounts I get notifications for. That's about it.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-17-2024 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-17-2024, 09:48 AM   #842
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I spend maybe 1/10th the time I used to there and when I do open it I scroll for a bout 2 minutes before feeling like I need a shower and shut it down.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 10:49 AM   #843
PilotMan
Head Coach

Steve Mnuchin is leading a group to purchase tiktok to comply with the proposed US divesting. Meaning that two of the largest social media companies would essentially be under the control of right wing sympathizers.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/14/form...uy-tiktok.html

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 01:06 PM   #844
RainMaker
General Manager

That seems to be the plan. If you can't beat them, make the government force a sale to you. Capitalism baby!
Old 03-17-2024, 02:09 PM   #845
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Steve Mnuchin is leading a group to purchase tiktok to comply with the proposed US divesting. Meaning that two of the largest social media companies would essentially be under the control of right wing sympathizers.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/14/form...uy-tiktok.html

The right has openly talked about the Nazi ideals of owning the youth to own the future. I don't think it's going to work on most of today's youth, but they'll continue to brainwash and indoctrinate older generations that are more susceptible to this kind of stuff.
Old 03-19-2024, 07:16 AM   #846
GrantDawg

The level a narcissism. He cannot be questioned. Anything good is all him, but anything bad is someone else's fault.

Old 03-19-2024, 07:34 AM   #847
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

It is always such a train wreck when one of these famous people (business, politics, acting, whatever) who surrounds themselves with nothing but sycophants and yesmen and fanboys tries to have a normal conversation or interview with someone.

They are just completely flummoxed by the most normal questions. You can see the panic and confusion welling up as they are asked to respond.
Old 03-19-2024, 07:28 PM   #848
Atocep
Coordinator

Alejandra Caraballo banned from Elon Musk’s X platform

Musk believes in freedom of speech for neo-nazi's but not for those outing people that are neo-nazi's.
Old 03-19-2024, 07:30 PM   #849
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
The level a narcissism. He cannot be questioned. Anything good is all him, but anything bad is someone else's fault.

Imagine getting owned by Don Lemon of all people.
Old 03-19-2024, 07:33 PM   #850
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
It is always such a train wreck when one of these famous people (business, politics, acting, whatever) who surrounds themselves with nothing but sycophants and yesmen and fanboys tries to have a normal conversation or interview with someone.

They are just completely flummoxed by the most normal questions. You can see the panic and confusion welling up as they are asked to respond.

I think it's even worse in tech because the journalism in that industry is incredibly friendly too. Once they get put of thst bubble of sycophants and friendly tech outlets, they have no clue how to handle themselves. The smart ones just avoid these interviews.