Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-05-2007, 04:56 PM   #901
molson
General Manager

There's a strong rumor (from Meltzer) that the cast of Jackass has signed on for a match at Summerslam. After seeing Umaga stiff the crap out of a drunk and uncooperative Steve-O at a RAW last year, this could have some entertainment potential. (I'd love to see Umaga/Khali v. 8 drunk and uncoperative Jackass castmembers)
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:12 PM   #902
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

It's pretty much already confirmed, Steve-O blogged about filming a SS commercial in his blog.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:37 PM   #903
saldana
Pro Starter

i just watched the second one of their movies last night...its gonna be great watching them get pummelled....as one of them gets their ass kicked, the rest of them are just gonna stand there and laugh
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:42 PM   #904
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i just watched the second one of their movies last night...its gonna be great watching them get pummelled....as one of them gets their ass kicked, the rest of them are just gonna stand there and laugh

It's hillarious that the WWE is bringing them back after Steve-O no-sold a Samoan Drop with laughter last time. It's as if they're HOPING things go horribly wrong and Khali has to kill someone.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:51 AM   #906
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
It's hillarious that the WWE is bringing them back after Steve-O no-sold a Samoan Drop with laughter last time. It's as if they're HOPING things go horribly wrong and Khali has to kill someone again.
Fixed....

...hey, didn't Jackass run an "angle" with TNA a few months ago?
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:16 AM   #907
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

The cast of Jackass? Way to strike while the iron is hot, WWE.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:50 AM   #908
Flasch186
Coordinator

This is the first item ive sold on ebay and its getting some bids!! This is so exciting!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1169&rd=1&rd=1

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 06-09-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 02:08 PM   #909
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Fixed....

...hey, didn't Jackass run an "angle" with TNA a few months ago?

TNA was promoting the movie awhile back, and while they were, Sabin, Lethal and Dutt were doing a Jackass storyline.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:31 AM   #910
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

PING: Old-Time Wrestling Fans

SnDvls, DeToxRox, and I have started a 3-person TEW 07 Dynasty. The dynasty starts in 1983 and we are taking on the task of running 3 NWA promotions against the WWF.

DaddyTorgo: Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling (Crockett's promotion)
SnDvls: Championship Wrestling America (Jerry Jarrett's promotion)
DeToxRox: Georgia Championship Wrestling

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=59190

Come follow along and see if we can do what the real-NWA could not. Or at least enjoy the ride!

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 06-11-2007 at 07:46 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:33 PM   #911
Flasch186
Coordinator

not unbelievably theyre blowing this opportunity too....ugh. What a bad show so far. Anti-climactic at every turn.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 06-11-2007, 08:01 PM   #912
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
not unbelievably theyre blowing this opportunity too....ugh. What a bad show so far. Anti-climactic at every turn.

Yep, it's been terrible so far. The random generator thing to choose the pick is stupid. The first 3 matches have been short and bad. Hopefully Lashley-Benoit will be better. I said earlier in this thread that I read Benoit was going to Raw, but with King Booker already going I'm not sure if that'll be true.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:09 PM   #913
Flasch186
Coordinator

Lashley - Benoit was great!

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 06-11-2007, 08:16 PM   #914
Jas_lov
College Starter

And Benoit ends up going to ECW. I guess I'll have to start tuning into ECW more often now.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:08 PM   #915
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Well THAT was a bizarre ending.

I figured it out several minutes ahead of time, but it was still stunning in its strange nature.

Shades of some stuff from Lawler's old Memphis days, multiplied by HBO and Tony Soprano.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 06-11-2007 at 10:08 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:12 PM   #916
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

I figured it out several minutes ahead of time, but it was still stunning in its strange nature.

Shades of some stuff from Lawler's old Memphis days, multiplied by HBO and Tony Soprano.

Bizarre, yes.

Vaguely remember the Lawler thing.

Where are they going with this?

I was figuring along the lines of pycho, where he be removed indefinitely.
Tonights ending is somewhat like that.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:25 PM   #917
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker rocky View Post
Bizarre, yes.

I was figuring along the lines of pycho, where he be removed indefinitely.
Tonights ending is somewhat like that.

Yeah, I thought they'd go with, "Vince is crazy and Stephanie/Shane are taking over." Kinda like what's going on behind the scenes...
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:32 PM   #918
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

weird is right
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:32 PM   #919
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

So, they "killed" off Vince.

Now, Shane, Stephanie, and Linda get to run the show.

Few months from now, they'll start hinting that Vince "survived", and makes a dramatic return.

Last edited by tucker rocky : 06-11-2007 at 10:36 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:37 PM   #920
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

i hope it improves the show, damn its getting sucktacular lately
Old 06-11-2007, 10:39 PM   #921
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

WWE needs to bring back the "Attitude Era".

What they have now is pretty much drab.

I do like the shock, cliffhanger, plots, whenever "they" feel the time is right, like tonights ending.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:43 PM   #922
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Raw now has Lashley and Orton, SD has Khali and Henry, ECW, nothing major there.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:23 PM   #924
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker rocky View Post
Vaguely remember the Lawler thing.

What it reminded me of, only writ much larger, was an angle where Lawler got run down in the parking lot outside the TV studio. I think there's some clips of that on YouTube somewhere.

Quote:

Truthfully, I figure Vince wanted a vacation while the rest of his hair grew back.

Thing is, I have to admit that it was entertaining as a one-off bit of dramatic TV. Even once I suspected it, seeing a limo blow sky high is better than average fare for TV.

Problem is, now we have to endure what will likely be a very predictable scenario. We've got plenty of suspects (after what I assume were a bunch of nasty tone clips from people angry with VKM - I only saw the last few but I gathered they were mostly like Okerlund's), we'll have the reveal that he isn't really dead. Then we'll have the power struggle for him to return to the throne.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:25 PM   #925
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Various tidbits from pwinsider.com

Following the conclusion of Monday Night Raw featuring Vince McMahon's limo exploding, the official WWE website is reporting that McMahon is "presumed dead." Needless to say, this is all storyline.

World Wrestling Entertainment announced during the broadcast of Monday Night Raw that the draft lottery will continue this Wednesday with a "supplemental draft" on the WWE website.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:26 PM   #926
molson
General Manager

I missed tonight's RAW, so I hit WWE.com to see what happened, and laughed out loud at the absurdity of what I saw.

I have no problem with them trying new things - bold moves in wrestling are usually either entertainingly good or entertainingly bad.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:42 PM   #927
molson
General Manager

I almost would love to see them to a "Vince Tribute Show" in the same format as the Owen and Guerrero tribute shows, just to see the internet wrestling boards explode.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:34 AM   #928
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

FIERY EXPLOSION ENGULFS CHAIRMAN!

Old 06-12-2007, 04:19 AM   #929
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

"I did it for The Rock."

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:19 PM   #930
SackAttack
Head Coach

I love the look on that little kid's face. They're so precious when they believe everything they see.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:29 PM   #931
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
I love the look on that little kid's face. They're so precious when they believe everything they see.

I think that reaction is from Edge's first WWE title win. Of course, now that kid in interposed into a variety of situations.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:00 PM   #932
Flasch186
Coordinator

well they have me watching ECW for the first time in months.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 06-12-2007, 09:14 PM   #933
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiRevival View Post
......and how can a wrestling fan say Benoit counts as nothing?

Easily - Benoit is consistently the most boring featured wrestler since Dean Malenko.

Yeah, yeah, he's technically great, and he's "intense", but he has less charisma than any major wrestler in recent memory.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:22 PM   #934
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

This from Pro Wrestling.com:

The “Who tried to kill Mr. McMahon?” angle is expected to dominate WWE television for the foreseeable future and is based on “Who Shot J.R” on Dallas several years ago.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:29 PM   #935
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Really going all out on this explosion thing.

Article from WWE.com:

STAMFORD, Conn. – After Monday’s horrific events on Raw, those “dark clouds” the Chairman once spoke of are now felt prominently in the halls and offices of WWE headquarters.

With Mr. McMahon presumed dead, the corporate flag on the roof of Titan Tower was lowered to half-staff Tuesday morning. The company McMahon built into a sports-entertainment giant began to mourn the passing of its leader and visionary.

Many WWE staffers are still suffering from the trauma of seeing their corporate leader’s limousine explode on live television just after Mr. McMahon entered it.

“I sat there stunned, not believing what I just saw,” said marketing employee Stefanie Granata. “Then I just cried. You just don’t realize how precious life is until something like this happens.”

Though federal officials at the scene have not recovered his body from the charred chassis of the limo, investigators believe that Mr. McMahon’s body could possibly have been incinerated in the blast.

Some WWE employees wore black clothing to express their sadness. Others have left flowers by the Chairman’s office door. And if you listen closely, faint sobbing can be overheard occasionally amongst the din of the phones, fax machines and printers.

Heather Lubin, a long-time marketing employee, said the loss is being felt hard around the Stamford offices – mostly because of the unexpected, unexplained nature of the tragedy.

“It’s hard to cope with this tragedy when there’s so many questions unanswered,” Lubin said. “Who could do such a thing to Mr. McMahon?”

As for Liz Montgomery, a WWE creative services employee, she hopes that everyone can come together and help each other cope with the shocking loss of the company’s heart and soul.

“He’ll be truly, truly missed,” Montgomery said. “Wherever he is now, I hope it’s in a good place. But we’re going to miss him terribly.”
Old 06-12-2007, 10:32 PM   #936
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Easily - Benoit is consistently the most boring featured wrestler since Dean Malenko.

Yeah, yeah, he's technically great, and he's "intense", but he has less charisma than any major wrestler in recent memory.

less than.... ffs i cant think of his name, the black guy McMahon was just feuding with
Old 06-12-2007, 10:47 PM   #937
Flasch186
Coordinator

Lashley the anti-charisma

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 06-12-2007, 11:32 PM   #938
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post

Can't believe I'm weighing in on wrestling but I agree about this. He is technically sound and very intense but has the personality of paint drying. I don't know how he fits in now but last I saw they were trying to make him a "good guy" and his lack of personality really hurt for that. He made a decent "supporting cast bad guy" when he was casted as the guy who would go intensly after you and hurt you without a care (no personality needed for that kind of role). He was kind of like a "hit man for hire".
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:37 AM   #939
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Mr. McMahon coming back as a sort of un-killable maniac, if written well, is the sort of thing that might get me TiVoing wrestling again.

There is a lot of potential in that angle, and VKM has the over-the-top acting chops to pull it off really really well.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:48 AM   #940
Travis
Pro Rookie

Benoit is what wrestling needs more of, not less. He may not have a lot of charisma on the mic, but he can tell a story in the ring like few others. He's one of the few guys I'll stop and watch if I happen upon wrestling while channel surfing, as soon as they finish and get back to the main priority of interviews and "drama", I'm off to watch something else.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:51 AM   #941
Travis
Pro Rookie

Dola, just to clarify, I know you need guys to carry the face time on tv and get the storylines going. I also agree that Benoit works better in a support role with minimal mic time. But I'd rather see him wrestle a 15-20 minute match than see that time used on guys cutting a semi decent promo then putting on an elementary level 5-10 minute match.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:02 AM   #942
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

The 10-bell salute last night was beyond tacky - esp. when so many wrestlers have died IRL recently.

Wait...the WWE exhibiting poor taste? Call CNN!
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:04 AM   #943
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
The 10-bell salute last night was beyond tacky - esp. when so many wrestlers have died IRL recently.

agreed

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 06-13-2007, 12:40 PM   #944
molson
General Manager

Quote:

Of course it's in poor taste. But I think everyone needs to realize that's the product that's offered when they tune in, has been for quite some time now. I kind of wish they'd push the envelope even further.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:43 PM   #945
MikeVic
Head Coach

Sherri Martel apparently passed away today??
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:54 PM   #946
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post

Ya, I just read that - she was 49.

She looked great at the HOF ceremony 2 years ago, but I also read that she's showed up a lot of indy shows drunk/wasted over the last couple of years.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:05 PM   #947
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post

wow...at least her memory will be forever immortalized in the annoying HBK entrance song.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:05 PM   #948
molson
General Manager

They're really going all out with this McMahon death thing on Smackdown, playing it as 100% legit, complete with hushed announcer tones. Bizarre.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:58 PM   #949
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

It'll be interesting to see how or if they mention Martel's death on monday, they've already bastardized the usual 10 bell salute this week.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:46 PM   #950
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Martel wasn't on the roster so she won't get ten bells. She'd likely get a pre-show "In Memoriam" screen under normal circumstances, although I can see her getting nothing so they don't take the focus off of Vince.