Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-20-2021, 05:35 PM   #1
TheseBoots
n00b

How would you win with this guy?

So, I started a new game as Denver and 2 years in Drew Lock (an OK 51-rated QB in this instance) is holding out. I don't want to pay him 15M a year, having just extended him last season. I'm a new player and I haven't seen a hold out before.

FA and drafting my plan was to be starting Lock so I did not prioritise QB at all. Generally I like to take a flyer on one on day 3.

This is my guy. A 6th round raw rookie. I was pretty pleased with this guy in the 6th... until I realised I was starting him. Still, at least he wants to be a winner!

As I'm still learning the game I don't control every aspect. Right now I set the personnel packages week-by-week, but I let the coaches devise the playbook. I could start calling plays though, maybe try to get into manageable 3rd down situations behind my pretty good cadre of running backs and an OK OL... although I will probably be starting a rookie at RT so should not get too high hopes.

Fellow FOF'ers! How do you recommend I try to win with Summers?

TheseBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 09:01 AM   #2
QuikSand
lolzcat

Most likely, you won't. If you devise your own gameplan, keep the pass distance short and maybe you'll end up with a ration like 22/18 but that's probably the high end expectation, unless your team around him is superb.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 05:10 AM   #3
TheseBoots
n00b

Thank you for the reply @QuikSand. I think we can certainly say this guy does not have a superb team around him...

I had kind of assumed that this season ahead is going to be rough, but it is useful to hear that it is going to be hard to get anything out of this guy in terms of production.

Of course, I'm in this situation due my starter being a hold out. Having not seen this before, does this usually play out that they hold out until they get paid? If so, is it better to trade them rather than let them go to FA? I can surely get a good second rounder for Lock right now.
TheseBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 07:05 AM   #4
QuikSand
lolzcat

Just like in real life, it's a variable. he may just re-sign at some point, he may (actually rather likely, if he doesn't abandon the holdout and report) walk away simply unwilling to re-sign with you next season because of the slight.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote