Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-05-2017, 02:45 PM   #351
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Currently, I'm in a odd state with this team. I haven't gotten many 4* or 5* players in the 1000 gold packs and getting recruiting points has been slow, so I'm not getting many that way either.

Do you have all of your 3* players at legend status?

My rate of gaining 4* players is definitely slow, making sure you make legends out of all your 3*'s first will get the rate as high as possible.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:19 PM   #352
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post

My rate of gaining 4* players is definitely slow, making sure you make legends out of all your 3*'s first will get the rate as high as possible.

Since the packs routinely drop duplicates of cards I've already made legends, how does that work? i.e. is it just giving you dupes of legends at a reduced rate, 'cause it's definitely still spitting them out (or does that stop once you've done every single one in a *tier?)
Old 09-05-2017, 03:41 PM   #353
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:

I do, I just don't get many 3* in that large pack for it to matter for recruiting points. 2-4 per pack, usually. I need to dig into the players I have and see where I can get a game plan to better utilize the players I have. If I can get a solid defense, I'd run an OR game plan, which has worked well before. Maybe an OR/SP plan. Haven't tried that combo yet.
rjolley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:51 PM   #354
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Since the packs routinely drop duplicates of cards I've already made legends, how does that work? i.e. is it just giving you dupes of legends at a reduced rate, 'cause it's definitely still spitting them out (or does that stop once you've done every single one in a *tier?)

Couple things with that. When you use recruiting points for a player, you are guarenteed to get a card you need, no duplicates there. Once you have all cards, the option to pull more 2* players for 10 RP or 3* for 25 RP greys out, so those pulls will always be efficient.

2* duplicates give you 5 RP but 2*'s cost 10 so they're a little less effective. Because you pull SO MANY 2* cards from your 1k packs I'm still not certain if you should rush to legend all your 2*'s or just wait for it to happen naturally through packs and save up for 3*'s using RP.

At the 3* level though, 3* duplicates give you 25 RP, and 3* pulls cost 25 RP. So every duplicate you get out of 1K packs = 1 3* card that is guaranteed to be useful for you. Once you pass a certain point when working to legend all your 3* players you enter a stretch where you start pulling lots of duplicates, which get you more useful players, you're gaining prestige quickly so you get lots of gold from that for more 1k packs, and your team can jump in rating in a huge way in a short amount of time.

Then begins the insanely slow grind on 4*'s where a few of us are at
Old 09-05-2017, 03:52 PM   #355
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
I do, I just don't get many 3* in that large pack for it to matter for recruiting points. 2-4 per pack, usually. I need to dig into the players I have and see where I can get a game plan to better utilize the players I have. If I can get a solid defense, I'd run an OR game plan, which has worked well before. Maybe an OR/SP plan. Haven't tried that combo yet.

Yeah, for sure. Its a grind. I made a post up above estimating that I think -
from the point that I finished creating legends for all of my 3* players - that it will take 3 months to legend all my 4* players and that first month shows almost no gains anywhere.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:58 PM   #356
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Yeah, for sure. Its a grind. I made a post up above estimating that I think -
from the point that I finished creating legends for all of my 3* players - that it will take 3 months to legend all my 4* players and that first month shows almost no gains anywhere.

Yeah, so the question is, is that month or so worth it?
Old 09-07-2017, 11:36 AM   #357
Arles
Grey Dog Software

So, I'm at 208 with my synergy defense and have only lost twice since the weekly tournament started. I'm currently 47th in Div 1, so I will probably take the afternoon off. I haven't spent 1 gold, but I have had to play out my games. I've been facing mostly teams in the 250-325 range and consistently win with my 208 team when playing. Once I get a better synergy offense, I could probably start quick-simming. Still, I've just played every 3 or so hours my 3 matchups for a few minutes and made it top 50. I think this new defense is really a find.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:43 PM   #358
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
So, I'm at 208 with my synergy defense and have only lost twice since the weekly tournament started. I'm currently 47th in Div 1, so I will probably take the afternoon off. I haven't spent 1 gold, but I have had to play out my games. I've been facing mostly teams in the 250-325 range and consistently win with my 208 team when playing. Once I get a better synergy offense, I could probably start quick-simming. Still, I've just played every 3 or so hours my 3 matchups for a few minutes and made it top 50. I think this new defense is really a find.

Also playing my games out with the weaker version of the same strategy, but not with the same success rate. I think I have 8 losses? Longest streak is 4 straight. I am in 63rd and have not spent any gold yet. We'll see how crazy the rush gets in the final hours, but I'm hopeful that I can avoid spending gold. I've also stopped playing teams rated above 300 and have settled for 800 points instead of 1000 a number of times.

I feel like Stacks is crazy valuable. So many teams in this 275+ range run coordinated teams on offense and defense with lots of activation, not being able to use Stacks to slow that down hurts me for sure. Getting S Waters maxxed is the best thing I could do for my team. I'm 4 cards away from that sadly.

I think that the a lot of the value we're gaining is from simply calling plays ourselves, but that the turnover strat does add enough that its probably optimal, at least given the players we have available currently.

On offense, I'm currently running 6 OR and 2 LP. I feel like a balance between OR and SP is probably ideal. players that keep morale high (massive boost to morale gain if its low), and players that give large breakaway boosts or ratings boosts when morale is high seems really great. Stacks is so prominent that passive boosts on offense makes it even better.

I see some 4* guys to make that workable but they are all 1* or 2* for me and need to be a lot higher first.

Last edited by Radii : 09-07-2017 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:47 PM   #359
Radii
Head Coach

My QB Washington's dream is 4th down points. I recently learned that he has to be involved in the 4th down scoring play for it to count. Since that's taking forever to happen on its own, I've started playing out my daily knockout games and have been customizing my playbook in an effort to get to the 15 or closer, kneel to 4th down and to try to score on 4th. I'm averaging about 2 4th down TD's a game this way. Washington is at 202/400 4th down points, so I should get that completed sunday or monday hopefully.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:38 PM   #360
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Easy teams high up in Div 1 (should have been doing this earlier):
Georgia Bulldogs (all IR with the turnover D)
Eagle (all SP, diff turnover D)
Mississippi St (all OR offense, defense weak vs SP)

The Eagle team used this turnover D setup:
MLB Snow (4*) 81-327-81-163, no chance lvl 2
OLB Robinson (2*) 179-74-179-74, Shine lvl 3
CB Little (4*) 74-89-299-119, thief lvl 4
S Waters (4*) 267-83-267-167, no chance lvl 5
DT Stacks (4*) 247-274-133-206, not today lvl 5

You are better equipped for the "non-turnover" downs, but I'm not sure it works as well without Tinker's refresh. Still, was interesting.

Last edited by Arles : 09-07-2017 at 04:49 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:40 PM   #361
Bobble
College Prospect

Arles' Synergy D is working pretty well for me too. I don't have the guys as levelled up as some do but it's still effective. It's also nice, in a way, that there's a reason to play out the game rather than sim.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 07:02 PM   #362
Radii
Head Coach

Ended up spending gold on 4 games, but only b/c I managed to go 3-7 in my last 10. That's still way better than how Thursdays in the past were going.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:28 PM   #363
rjolley
College Starter

Looks like RivalStars has some competition. Just saw an ad for Touchdown Manager in game. Has anyone tried it out yet?
Old 09-08-2017, 04:36 PM   #364
Radii
Head Coach

updated plan for the weekend tournament: If I have a game available that i can sim and win, i will take it, even if its for 700 points when i could likely win a 1000 point game by playing it out. I'll use playing games out to give me better odds when all of my opponent choices are rated higher. I can't hit top 25 yet, and hopefully that increases my win rate enough by itself that I don't have to spend gold on Sunday.

Last edited by Radii : 09-08-2017 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:13 PM   #365
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

What are the prize differences between Div III and Div II? I finished in the Top 10 for the last tournament in Div III and I'm fairly certain I can continue to do so for every tourney from here on out, provided I maintain at prestige level 8. At what point would I be able to maintain the same tourney income at Div II, rather than here in Div III?
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 05:21 PM   #366
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97 View Post
What are the prize differences between Div III and Div II? I finished in the Top 10 for the last tournament in Div III and I'm fairly certain I can continue to do so for every tourney from here on out, provided I maintain at prestige level 8. At what point would I be able to maintain the same tourney income at Div II, rather than here in Div III?

2nd tier D2 (I think that's top 100, right?) = 1st tier D3. My experience was that promoting whenever possible through D2 was worth it.

Going from D2 to D1 is another story. Stay at 19 prestige for as long as you're willing to if you can top 10 D2.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:21 PM   #367
Radii
Head Coach

I saw a strat that was annoying but beatable with AI, but when calling plays myself, feels like it might be a bit diabolical.

3* RB Myers (IR 214 with my 66% Legend bonus)
2* WR Rivers (ratings poor but irrelevant)

Each of them have the "Surprise Short" passive skill: "Very large boost to average yards of IR plays if 11 or more yards to first down line."

See where this is going? Kneel on first down... those 2.5 yard IR plays that are like 95% effective or more become 17.5 yard IR plays. It looks like its a flat +15 yards to each play.

My first attempt with this:

4* QB Sargent (at 2/4 currently for me) - medium boost to morale after 10 or more yards gained... once he's a legend this becomes a "massive boost" right? You'll max morale after 1 kneel + run?
3* TE Kinney (54 IR but who cares) - Very large boost to play's breakaway ratio if morale is 85% or more
4* C Gordon (295 IR at 3/4) - large boost to success rate when winning clash against DT

For my first attempt I just went with a C with high IR buuut

4* C Montoya - at 2/4 stars "medium boost to team's ratings if morale is 75% or more" might be cool - and the massive boost coming when legend might be devastating.

Max morale in one or two cycles of kneel/practically guaranteed successful run, gain large breakaway bonus on top of that. load up on the 2.5-4 yard IR's that use RB and C (since you actually have IR ratings there). Throw in a couple longer runs for 2 point conversions.

Requires offensive playcalling more frequently. If I had a good OR/SP setup I might just try to default to it, but I don't have that, I'm still OR/LP and I feel like I'm breaking into my offense to call plays more and more often anyway.

Last edited by Radii : 09-10-2017 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:32 PM   #368
Radii
Head Coach

I've only used the above strat once, against a team rated about 225. I'll try it out more against higher rated teams tonight/tomorrow and see how it feels compared to my best available ratings/players setup I was using previously.

In other news, I created my 2nd 4* legend (CB Nieves, won't play him, but those bonuses are going to add up big time). Got a 7th card on Stacks as well.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:45 PM   #369
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

fyi: it's +13 yards on the IR plays if you're the same on Rivers but one notch less on Myers
Old 09-11-2017, 12:14 AM   #370
Radii
Head Coach

I'm 6-1 since making this change on offense with two wins over 300 rated teams. My 1 loss was 14-8 and I turned it over twice in the second half with a 10% chance or less each time.

I definitely have a sense that one stop of any sort (including stopping a conversion) ends the game most of the time. If I get the ball to start the first half I can, most of the time, score a TD in the final 2 minutes of the 2nd quarter by kneeling to third down a few times. Same of course if I start the second half with the ball in a situation where one score will win it for me, or even better, where I'm already ahead. It was only against a team rated 215 or so but I have a win 8-0 where I forced a turnover in the first quarter, scored a TD in the final minute of the first half, and just ran out the clock without scoring in a single possession in the second.

Tomorrow once the top teams settle in will be a nice test, but this feels really good.

Some of the 300 rated teams to turn some of those plays into only 70% success rates, but the various low yardage IR plays have different matchups and so far I've always been able to rely on at least one that's super favorable to get going.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:55 AM   #371
Radii
Head Coach

I got up to 17th without spending anything tonight, that's the highest I've ever been in Div 1 outside of the first hour of a new tournament. I do not expect this to hold up in the slightest. I have about 11k points. I can see as high as 7th, which is already at 32k. I cannot imagine going for top 5 ever.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:34 AM   #372
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Radii,

I have a similar offense to what you have and been using it since last week:

QB Sargent (4-star, I only have 3)
RB Hancock (3-star)
WR Toby Hartman (5-star, but I only have 2)
TE Kinney (3-star)
C Montoya (4-star, only have 3)

My plays are every outside run but Statue of Liberty and pitch, and I add in the IR QB sneak. Any play over 10 yards boosts your morale with Sargent and once you get to 75%, Montoya boost your ratings. Then, at 85%, your pie turns completely "breakaway" because of the boost of both Hartman and Kinney. The only time I struggle are with teams that use DT Brayden Walsh (special does a massive cut to morale), but I usually still win. The cool thing is as I get my fourth star on Moses and up the stars on Sargent and Montoya, I can get even better.

Last edited by Arles : 09-11-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:53 AM   #373
Radii
Head Coach

Is Univ of Hogwarts one of you guys? Asked to join.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:49 PM   #374
Radii
Head Coach

I have friends in town this weekend and will just be able to sneak in a few auto play games here and there, so i went back to highest rated lineup for now. My offense really relies on that QB Kneel on first down and is pretty shaky on autoplay.

For the previous tournament though, it was great, as long as I was wiling to play out all games. I stuck in the top 30 or 35 for about 2 1/2 days, once it became obvious that people were going to pull away I didn't play on cooldown every time and i just picked easy games. I only lost 6 or 7 times the whole week though and about half of them were due to a missed 2 point conversion.

In my 1k pack pulls this week I was able to legend Stacks (but can't use him yet, still using the "2nd tier" turnover scheme until I get more duplicates for one of the top tier guys), and I got a 6th card for C Gordon, getting him to 4* brought my rating up to 173 (from 163) for my IR synergy team.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:16 PM   #375
SirBlurton
High School Varsity

I'm really new to the game - tried to apply - id should be Sir Blurton, Saskatoon is the team name.
SirBlurton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:46 PM   #376
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBlurton View Post
I'm really new to the game - tried to apply - id should be Sir Blurton, Saskatoon is the team name.

Cool. Everyone benefits if we have active members. Definitely read through this thread, there's some great advice.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 08:25 AM   #377
henry296
College Starter

My last 1k got me no 4 stars just the one I got from all of the recruiting points. Still no 4 star legends but a couple with 6 or 7 cards.

I've got a good defense with two thiefs and with the no chance I usually can get the turn over by using all three

On offense, I've got a full short pass offense with Stuart at QB. I got good boosts on 2nd down wit her two SP leaders and love Lima with the 4th quarter comeback I need case I'm down. I do ok up to teams about 210 with my 171 rated team.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:13 PM   #378
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

ftr, I'm still active. Just been less so this week. The launch of the MyNBA2k app game has sucked up a lot of my screen time, that'll plateau soon enough I'm sure.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:43 PM   #379
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
My last 1k got me no 4 stars just the one I got from all of the recruiting points.

Yeah, same here. Since I was super busy over the weekend I ended up in about 275th place and only got to do one 1k pull as well, so that one player was it for me.

My "best available" team, going back to OR/LP, is now rated ~221. I'm just gonna keep it this way for awhile and auto sim all my games. So far I've easily been able to stay in the top 75 or so via auto. Hopefully that keeps up. I'll switch back to a more synergistic lineup when I want to make a top 25 run.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:53 PM   #380
Radii
Head Coach

Did you D1 folks see the prize structure changed? 3000 gold for 1-10, 2000 gold for 11-100 (instead of 11-25), and 1500 gold for 101-250. I wonder if that's permanent, or just for the weekend tournament, or what.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:25 PM   #381
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Are ads failing to load at all for anybody else?

Problem started sometime in the wee morning hours for me, clicking just gets a screen blink & nothing else.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:52 PM   #382
Radii
Head Coach

I haven't had any ads where I couldn't get them to give me credit. if the ads don't load but you still get a "close" button, just let it sit on that screen for 30 seconds before you hit close and it should work. I'm only watching ads on gifts these days, to try to get more gold, so I'm not running into this often.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:54 PM   #383
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I haven't had any ads where I couldn't get them to give me credit. if the ads don't load but you still get a "close" button, just let it sit on that screen for 30 seconds before you hit close and it should work. I'm only watching ads on gifts these days, to try to get more gold, so I'm not running into this often.

That's the problem for me: it doesn't even make an attempt to load that I can tell. This isn't the black screen and then the X, this is now "the button does nothing".
Old 09-28-2017, 12:58 PM   #384
Radii
Head Coach

ohhhh, yes, i've had that happen a few times. I think once I tried restarting my phone but i honestly don't remember if that helped or not. But otherwise, I have seen that from time to time and it goes away and the ads should return on their own eventually.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:10 PM   #385
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Back when I was playing that happened to me regularly. Typically if I moved from Wi-Fi to off of Wi-Fi mid session. I was never able to correct the issue - once that button was off, I had lost out on the opportunity - but closing the app and re-opening it solved it moving forward.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:32 PM   #386
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'm in the high 120s (128.6, now that I've looked it up). for my lineup. Sitting in Lvl18 knowing that I should be pretty high before doing the next level up.

What sort of lineup rating do I want to be seeing before I go to Lvl 19?

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-15-2017 at 03:54 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:08 PM   #387
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Since there's apparently only four FOFC'ers still playing at this point, I just went ahead and leveled up. Honestly, the main reason I'm still around is that the game will auto-play and can run in the background without much attention while I'm working.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:40 PM   #388
QuikSand
lolzcat

Sorry, I'm not any help with details at that level. I keep playing because my son loves the game, has memorized a ton of the players, and insists that it remain a part of a bedtime ritual every night.

I will say that the BIG change in the game (alluded to above) is when you start to "complete" tiers of players. Fill in all the 1-star and 2-star players (all legends) and that's a bump... then doing the same for all the 3-star guys was tough but meant a lot of global gains for my whole armada of guys.

At this point, I don't have a ton to do, really. I wait for the recruit points to get to 120 so I can buy a 4-star guy, and I wait for an occasional guy to go on sale (for gold) who would improve my starting lineup. That's all that's left for me. I have a couple of guys on my roster who would be great if I had a bunch of copies, but as it stands I'm in stasis mainly, with a team rating around 210.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 04:36 PM   #389
QuikSand
lolzcat

Really good upgrade, though too late for this crowd it appears. You may now set an A-B-C lineup and gameplan for your team, making it much much easier to fool around with different setups. Some insomnia evening ahead, I will likely do so. Ye gods, a LONG PASS?
Old 11-26-2017, 06:09 PM   #390
Swaggs
Coordinator

I applied to join the conference, if anyone is still playing.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 11:50 PM   #391
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Got ya added, Swaggs
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 11:50 PM   #392
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Dola, yeah the new lineups change makes the daily challenge exploit a lot easier
Old 11-27-2017, 09:20 AM   #393
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Yeah, I got asked a while back to join the alliance "WD". We have been 1st overall every tournament since I joined (400 recruit points each tourney is nice). I've gotten 4-5 5-star guys completed through the grind and have a team that's rated 356 right now. I've enjoyed the upgrade and also the alliance bonus (we had a boost to yards on every OR play). This alliance has a ton of good ideas so I would be glad to help you guys if you are stuck on a lineup issue. I've learned a lot from them since I joined.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:07 PM   #394
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

I didn't see this thread until after I'd joined an alliance. I'll drop that if the FOFC one is still active.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 09:33 AM   #395
cartman
Death Herald

If you haven't checked out the game in while, they have made a bunch of changes. Multiple team setups, multiple play setups, etc. They also have different kinds of tournaments now. Some only allow you to play a certain number of matches, to keep people from gold spending to rack up the points, which helps people who can't play all day every day. The current tournament limits the level players can be on the roster.

I'm still keeping the FOFC alliance going, so feel free to check back in and see if the game catches your attention once again.
Old 09-04-2018, 01:30 PM   #396
QuikSand
lolzcat

will give it a look... felt like the game was built for more than just playing pointless games, which is what it basically boiled down to when I was among the last here to drop it