Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-10-2011, 08:34 PM   #5451
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
What is up with men's pants these days. A couple of months ago, I wore out a couple of older pair of black khakis at work- holes in them that couldn't be repaired. It's now two or three months later and I've found a couple of ok pairs but nothing remotely comfortable like my old pants. It seems like tight legs are in and it's just frustrating. It's like I told the person ringing me up at Penney's last night- it'd be one thing if I had gotten fatter and my waist were suddenly an inch or two bigger. But I've been within 5 lbs of my current weight for the last 5+ years and my older pants still fit great so it's not that. It's something with the current style of pants.

Anyone know of some comfy relatively inexpensive khakis with more room in the legs?

SI

The dockers I bought for my job have great leg room..
Old 09-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #5452
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Any idea what style? I tried a one style at either Kohls or Pennys but it was the only one

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #5453
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Straight front, no pleats. D3 I think....
Old 09-10-2011, 08:55 PM   #5454
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Straight front, no pleats. D3 I think....

I just got a pair of those today (as well as a pair of D2s).
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:57 PM   #5455
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I've been getting Savane's from Amazon. Beat anything I could at local retailers. Fit well and they seem to last, replaced Dockers and Haggar that always fell apart.

Last edited by jeff061 : 09-10-2011 at 08:59 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:11 PM   #5456
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'd love to get some of those Back to the Future shoes on ebay. But this is the second day in a row with something like 100+ pairs and every single one has gone for more than $3500!!! I mean, how many people have $3500 and are interested in spending that on Back to the Future shoes? At this point, we're over 200. That's positively insane

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:17 AM   #5457
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I must have been dreaming while all this super yummy granola cereal started showing up in stores. I've never been a cereal guy at all, but that is changing quickly. And organic milk ftw(but would love to hear Lungs' take on that).
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:16 AM   #5459
Suicane75
Coordinator

Hudson Hawk is such a magnificent film.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:36 AM   #5460
gstelmack
Pro Starter

LL Bean for pants, can choose Classic Fit, Relaxed Fit, or Natural Fit. I get all my jeans and dockers there now. No, not telling which of the 3 categories I fit into.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:37 AM   #5461
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post

It is a fun one to go back and watch periodically.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:26 PM   #5462
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

So you know how if you say "olive juice" your lips make the same motions they would if you were saying "I love you"? Yeah, so I came across this today on Ugliest Tattoos. I'll never think of "olive juice" the same way. hxxp'd just in case people are offended by seeing skin. It's on somebody's abdomen, nothing showing that wouldn't be shown if someone was wearing a crop top.

hxxp://ugliesttattoos.failblog.org/2011/09/12/funny-tattoos-olive-juice/

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:27 PM   #5463
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiRevival View Post
What's the plural of apocalypse?

Chicago Cubs repeat champions.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:42 AM   #5464
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Zoom in on the cock.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:44 AM   #5465
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Zoom in on the cock.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:46 PM   #5466
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Zoom in on the cock.

That a line from some female version of 'Revenge of the Nerds'?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:52 PM   #5467
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
And organic milk ftw(but would love to hear Lungs' take on that).

I would guess he'd say there are good organic dairy farms and bad organic dairy farms or something of the like.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:29 PM   #5468
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'm not much of a celeb-watching kind of guy, but I actually found some of the snarkier stuff here pretty funny. I suspect that has as much to do with my current mood as anything else though.
Welcome - What Would Tyler Durden Do: Celeb gossip, rumors, scandals, pictures and videos
Old 09-14-2011, 10:53 PM   #5469
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:

I always watch it whenever it's on TV.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:54 AM   #5470
stevew
Hall Of Famer

My cartography teacher looks an awful lot like Major Toht.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:19 PM   #5471
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Zoom in on the COCKA DOODLY DOODLY DOODLY DOODLY DOODLY.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:36 PM   #5472
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Unfortunate sign of the economic times I guess - I just got a hard sell from the wife of a long time friend for a handy dandy MLM scheme she's gotten hooked up with. Didn't take long for that to go poorly.

I'd be more interested in a fucking time share in Tehran than the rather obvious scam she's involved with, she's either too dumb to get it or else she just doesn't care who she has to screw over to get her money back out of it.

He's a really good guy & a friend for more than 20 years so I tried to be as gentle as possible (without abandoning any self-respect) but any more blatant bullshit passive-aggressive Glengarry Glenross sales pitch shit out of her & she gets both barrels ... and I might reload & fire twice for good measure.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:44 PM   #5473
RainMaker
General Manager

That's a tough spot. I've had friends and friends of friends in that boat. It's pointless to try and talk sense into them. I try and be as nice as I can and politely decline.

The ones I get close to losing it on are when they try and mix insults into their pitch. When you say no, they pull the smug "well if you're happy with your current financial status then I won't bother you or other crap that tries to make you look like a total moron for not accepting their deal.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:54 PM   #5474
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
When you say no, they pull the smug "well if you're happy with your current financial status then I won't bother you or other crap that tries to make you look like a total moron for not accepting their deal.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner ... complete with a couple of completely inaccurate presumptions (by a bitch who doesn't know me beyond having heard my name from her husband). It was the latter that actually pushed me within an inch of having what is known in my house as "a Jon fit".

I've sent him a note giving him a heads up about the whole deal, basically warning him that he'll probably be hearing what an asshole I am shortly. I've also offered to copy him the entire FB message exchange & that he can judge for himself. I really believe that there's a good chance that he'll just shrug it off (I'd be shocked if I'm the first friend/relative that she's pissed off) but ... well, fuck me if I've got any more patience left about it, that was all used up tonight.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:21 PM   #5475
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I just have to say, Jennifer Anniston had the onscreen chemistry of a rock. I begining to understand why everyone she dates gets married immediately after breaking up with her. Any warm human female must become the perfect woman compared to her.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:28 PM   #5476
Suicane75
Coordinator

I've always found her attractive, but with zero sex appeal.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:14 PM   #5477
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

is there any reason that all ceiling fans seem have four settings: (in order) high, medium, low, off?
Old 09-16-2011, 07:15 PM   #5478
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:

+1
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:30 PM   #5479
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I've been to more HS football games than I can begin to count over the course of my life but I can't say that I've ever been to one that was 62-0 at the half ... until tonight that is. Just a bizarre something to watch really, same size schools, same region, on paper it shouldn't have been this bad. A blowout was definitely a possibility but nothing like the slaughter it became. Team on the short end had pretty much stopped even trying to tackle by the time it was 27-0 (which was about the 8 minute mark of the 1st quarter).

edit to add: This was the off week for my son's school, he wanted to go watch somebody else play ... so we went to a nearby school where a friend (and client) of ours has a kid starting at WR.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 09-16-2011 at 08:35 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:23 PM   #5480
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Which end was your friend's son on, the one that didn't tackle or the one that wasn't tackled?
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:05 AM   #5481
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
Which end was your friend's son on, the one that didn't tackle or the one that wasn't tackled?

Happily he was among the untackled.

Game ended up 69-0, only one more touchdown added in the 2nd half after we left. Thankfully we have a "running clock" rule in GA so that at least shortened the debacle.

There was some really odd looking plays in the first half, the ones on the short end looked like nothing so much as a team trying to get their coach fired. (edit to add) Or maybe a coach trying to get fired, after giving up a KOR TD and a PR TD to the same kid in less than 6 minutes, I believe the SECOND punt return TD by the same returner that came a few minutes later is pretty much on him. Only after that one did he finally start having the punter kick into the sideline away from the guy.

Then again, stuff can happen. Another school elsewhere is believed to have set a new futility record (or several of them) in their first three games. First team here that anyone can find to:
-- give up 70 points or more in three straight games
-- lose by 70 points or more in three straight games
-- have a -200 or more scoring differential after only three games.

Murray County lost 70-0, 73-0, and 70-0 to start the year, "improving" tonight to lose only 51-21. Hopefully they'll hold off on any more improvement for a couple of weeks ... that's when my 0-4 alma mater plays them.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 09-17-2011 at 12:08 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:40 AM   #5482
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:

I haven't up until recently, it seems the older she has gotten the better looking she has gotten for me.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:57 PM   #5483
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Damn cat...

So my Ex is getting kicked out of the home she is renting, something about not paying rent (wonder where my child support is going). So she is having to move into a cheaper apartment, they don't accept pets. I take the kids cat so they have it here with mine.

Enter today, the temp has dropped here in Buffalo to low 50's, I have closed my windows this week. Their dumb ass cat just tried to jump into the window, shattered it.

Now the window is gone..I have to block that, and keep an eye on a cat and hope she doesn't have anything wrong with her.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:04 PM   #5484
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
...after giving up a KOR TD and a PR TD to the same kid in less than 6 minutes...

Ted Ginn III?
Old 09-17-2011, 06:18 PM   #5485
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
Ted Ginn III?

Kid named Colvin, QB turned WR.

His recruiting video from last season (as a sophomore) gives you an idea of his moves.

Old 09-17-2011, 06:20 PM   #5486
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
So my Ex is getting kicked out of the home she is renting, something about not paying rent (wonder where my child support is going).

A friend of mine got divorced last year. Despite him paying child support, and them getting the bank to lower their monthly mortgage payments (their house lost nearly half it's value and the bank redid the mortgage based on it's current value), and despite her making more than enough to afford the house, she's very close to getting foreclosed on for not paying the mortgage every month....(she has plenty of money to go out all the time with her friends to bars, though)

Woman logic....
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:59 PM   #5487
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
A friend of mine got divorced last year. Despite him paying child support, and them getting the bank to lower their monthly mortgage payments (their house lost nearly half it's value and the bank redid the mortgage based on it's current value), and despite her making more than enough to afford the house, she's very close to getting foreclosed on for not paying the mortgage every month....(she has plenty of money to go out all the time with her friends to bars, though)

Woman logic....

I'm at a friend's place a few years ago when his ex drops off the kids for the weekend & announces she just got her support check and is off to the bar.

She deserted them when the kids were 2 & 1. Never paid a penny to him in support. Then a couple years later decides she wants to be a mom again, so he lets her have the kids figuring that they would be better off with her than in his 2 bedroom with new wife, kid & her two kids (yep, 5 kids in a 2 bedroom.) He got slammed on support. She got money to blow at the bar.

Woman logic....

(By the way Jon, that kid's got some moves)
Old 09-17-2011, 11:31 PM   #5488
Suicane75
Coordinator

My buddy and his wife were having marital problems so two of his friends went to talk to her. And they tag teamed her while he sat outside in the car. He too now pays child support.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:32 PM   #5489
Suicane75
Coordinator

Whoops

Woman logic....
Old 09-18-2011, 08:41 AM   #5490
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Bought a brand new $180 Schwinn bike for $45 at a yard sale. It's a cruising bike...smooth ride. Now realize it's a girls bike (even the it's dark red, it's got that one bar difference in the middle) Trying to decide if I care...
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #5491
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Bought a brand new $180 Schwinn bike for $45 at a yard sale. It's a cruising bike...smooth ride. Now realize it's a girls bike (even the it's dark red, it's got that one bar difference in the middle) Trying to decide if I care...

Depends how you feel about "Woman logic...."
Old 09-18-2011, 11:16 AM   #5492
MJ4H
Coordinator

So, um, Scarlett????
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #5493
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My buddy and his wife were having marital problems so two of his friends went to talk to her. And they tag teamed her while he sat outside in the car. He too now pays child support.

nice friends. jeezus.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:51 PM   #5494
britrock88
Pro Starter

Unhappy

Quote:

And I have once again lost my faith in people.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:37 PM   #5495
Suicane75
Coordinator

Nah, it's not like it's something you wouldn't expect from any of the group. It's just that my friend is a gullible sap.

Anyhoo, I'm watching CBS and they show a commerical for a new show where the chick surprises the guy displaying her knowledge of sports. And I'm thinking how I hate how whenever they do a scene like that they don't just have the person name some normal stats. "What do I know about baseball? I know that Alex Rodriguez led the AL in home runs last year with 54". Is much more realistic than "What do I know about baseball? I know that Brian Roberts has 82% success stealing 3rd base with 2 outs after the 5th inning the past 3 seasons".
Old 09-18-2011, 03:40 PM   #5496
PineTar
High School JV

Does anyone care about the FedEx Cup? The PGA really screwed up eliminating an annual event from the Chicago area when they pulled the plug on the Western Open.
PineTar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #5497
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Nah, it's not like it's something you wouldn't expect from any of the group. It's just that my friend is a gullible sap.

That's not exactly making it any better. Nice group of "friends" you've got there.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:53 PM   #5498
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Anyhoo, I'm watching CBS and they show a commerical for a new show where the chick surprises the guy displaying her knowledge of sports. And I'm thinking how I hate how whenever they do a scene like that they don't just have the person name some normal stats. "What do I know about baseball? I know that Alex Rodriguez led the AL in home runs last year with 54". Is much more realistic than "What do I know about baseball? I know that Brian Roberts has 82% success stealing 3rd base with 2 outs after the 5th inning the past 3 seasons".

The gimmick to the show though is that she has perfect memory (there's a name for it, but I forget it off the top of my head).
Old 09-18-2011, 03:56 PM   #5499
Suicane75
Coordinator

Ok, that makes it sort of better. But how the fudge would she ever read or hear that stat?

And they aint my friends, they're his friends.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:02 PM   #5500
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok, that makes it sort of better. But how the fudge would she ever read or hear that stat?

And they aint my friends, they're his friends.

I dunno how she'd read/hear that stat.

Fair enough...I would expect you to have better friends. Any group of people where that's acceptable behavior among "friends" does sort of reduce my faith in the human race though. Feels like that ought to be way out of bounds.