Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-29-2010, 01:15 PM   #751
Kodos
Resident Alien

It takes a long time to drown a bee/wasp. I've tried before.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:25 PM   #752
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
Today is the day a lot of weeds on my lawn will meet their maker.
You make weeds?
Old 06-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #753
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
It was weird that I saw Extense in a gas station the other day.

Ya, me too - and it was right next to "extense for women"....
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:14 PM   #754
molson
General Manager

How do I become a member of a superstar athlete's posse?

Now, as a 32-year old what man, I know it's not too likely that I will ever end up running with LeBron. But what if I could start over tomorrow as a small black boy - how could I make that happen?
Old 06-29-2010, 05:29 PM   #755
Ironhead
College Prospect

Thank you mailman, I really appreciate that you trapped a hornet in our mailbox today. By the time I came home it was good and pissed off and ready to sting my index finger. Awesome.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:30 PM   #756
MJ4H
Coordinator

Why can't someone make a package manager for windows like synaptic package manager. Just load that fucker up with a repository of kick ass freeware. Should be easy enough.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:45 PM   #757
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Thank you mailman, I really appreciate that you trapped a hornet in our mailbox today. By the time I came home it was good and pissed off and ready to sting my index finger. Awesome.

Did you use a bottle of Windex to kill it?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #758
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Anyone know if UPS will deliver in a hurricane? I am expecting 20 packages tomorrow.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:01 PM   #759
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Anyone know if UPS will deliver in a hurricane? I am expecting 20 packages tomorrow.

In seriousness, they have delivered to me before when under coastal tropical and hurricane warnings. Although being hit by serious squal lines could probably affect that.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:29 AM   #760
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I must be tired today -- some serious reading comprehension issues already:

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
As it is the Federal Reserve can just print $4 billion and send it to GM or $10 billion to Greece or God

I thought the idea of the FED sending $10 billion to God was pretty funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I don't think Congress having the power COULD POSSIBLY be worse than the Fed having it...

Took me a while to process this ("he can't really mean that, can he?") before reading the rest of the sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post

This one's probably the worst. As I read this, I kept thinking, "How can Ironhead be posting? I thought Craig Heyward was dead."
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:58 AM   #761
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
In seriousness, they have delivered to me before when under coastal tropical and hurricane warnings. Although being hit by serious squal lines could probably affect that.

I hope they do. I have 450 soccer balls on the way, need them ASAP.

edit: Forgot to check tracking today. It says out for delivery, woot. Now where do I store 450 soccer balls for a few days?

Last edited by Cringer : 06-30-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:15 AM   #762
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I gotta ask.. why?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:19 AM   #763
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I gotta ask.. why?

He's obviously an eccentric crazy person.

I just imagine a house - completely normal except for the presence of 450 soccer balls.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:39 AM   #764
MJ4H
Coordinator

It's amazing the number of facebook friends I had that I thought were male that I realized I was wrong about last night.

Holy crap with the Twilight shit.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:40 AM   #765
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

edit: Forgot to check tracking today. It says out for delivery, woot. Now where do I store 450 soccer balls for a few days?

Give Kathy Griffin a call.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4

Last edited by JediKooter : 06-30-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:44 AM   #766
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
Holy crap with the Twilight shit.

Whenever I see Twilight, Twilight = Twilight 2000 for me...

Thank god I'm a 39 year old male with a daughter that is only 2 so, I'm spared this (for now). Do they put out one of these movies ever 3 months or something?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 06-30-2010, 10:47 AM   #767
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Awesome game.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:50 AM   #768
molson
General Manager

I don't think that Twilight guy is at all good-looking. And I'm a mad that can admit another man is attractive. But he looks like a monkey-man or something.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:10 AM   #769
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:

Thank god I'm a 39 year old male with a daughter that is only 2 so, I'm spared this (for now). Do they put out one of these movies ever 3 months or something?

I'm 39 and have an 11 year old daughter. It's my 39 year old wife who is so into this shit. She went to the midnight showing last night with 2 dozen other women her age. Craziness, I tell you.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:14 AM   #770
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I don't think that Twilight guy is at all good-looking. And I'm a mad that can admit another man is attractive. But he looks like a monkey-man or something.

Totally agree. He looks weird. I'm sure he's chiseled and what-not, but he looks like he's wearing a mask or is a super-creature in mid-transformation or something. Which, I guess, explains his popularity in this movie.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 06-30-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:42 AM   #771
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I'm 39 and have an 11 year old daughter. It's my 39 year old wife who is so into this shit. She went to the midnight showing last night with 2 dozen other women her age. Craziness, I tell you.
my wife and ten yr old daughter went last night with my daughter's friend and Mom. My wife was just trying to be a super nice Mom because she could not care less. So I got texts about how the friend's soccer coach tagged along....by himself, very creepy as I guess he did it with one of her teammate's family as well for Toy Story 3. Very highly respected coach too, has a National A license even. I would probably consider taking my kid off that team once the coach started tagging along to movies.

Last edited by Cringer : 06-30-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:47 AM   #772
JediKooter
Coordinator

Who the fuck goes on a vacation because of a cities farmers markets???????

I just read, perhaps one of the stupidest, articles on the best/worst places to vacation during the summer and one of the fucking criteria was farmers markets. Farmers markets?? Seriously?

Here is the article: http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-34887215

Farmers fucking markets...wow.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:55 AM   #773
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

anyone else notice Texas Governor Rick Perry is morphing into George W. Bush? He is starying to look more like him, and his voice and speech pattern is getting pretty close too.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:04 PM   #774
JediKooter
Coordinator

Have they ever been spotted in the same room at the same time?

Old 06-30-2010, 12:08 PM   #775
Ksyrup

Quote:
my wife and ten yr old daughter went last night with my daughter's friend and Mom. My wife was just trying to be a super nice Mom because she could not care less. So I got texts about how the friend's soccer coach tagged along....by himself, very creepy as I guess he did it with one of her teammate's family as well for Toy Story 3. Very highly respected coach too, has a National A license even. I would probably consider taking my kid off that team once the coach started tagging along to movies.

Yeah, those are the kinds where 15 years later they get arrested, and it all starts making sense.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:09 PM   #776
JediKooter
Coordinator

Or he could be porking some of the soccer moms.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:24 PM   #777
Ksyrup

Nigeria's president is named Goodluck Jonathan.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:31 PM   #778
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Nigeria's president is named Goodluck Jonathan.

I think I've received some spam from him saying that he has come into possession of 20.000.000 US DOLLARS.

Last edited by JediKooter : 06-30-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:41 PM   #779
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
I think I've received some spam from him saying that he has come into possession of 20.000.000 US DOLLARS.

I have it in my netflix queue. I thought it was a sequel for Dane Cook.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:05 PM   #780
MJ4H
Coordinator

According to Subway's literature, a 21 oz. unsweet tea is 0 calories and a 32 oz. unsweet tea is 5 calories.

Last edited by MJ4H : 06-30-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:13 PM   #781
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
According to Subway's literature, a 21 oz. unsweet tea is 0 calories and a 32 oz. unsweet tea is 5 calories.

The 32 oz is considered the deluxe version and comes with a lemon wedge. The lemon that leeches into the tea accounts for the 5 calories.

Actually.. thats not true, but it's worth a shot.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:19 PM   #782
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:

They probably are rounding the numbers. 0 for less than 2.5 calories, and 5 for more than 2.5 calories. Why? I don't know. You should ask that question to them on their website!
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:21 PM   #783
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:

Did you order them with or without air, because if you wanted air that's going to cost you extra. Plus you'll need a bigger house.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:26 PM   #784
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
They probably are rounding the numbers. 0 for less than 2.5 calories, and 5 for more than 2.5 calories. Why? I don't know. You should ask that question to them on their website!

From the USDA.

N8. Should a value of 47 calories be rounded up to 50 calories or rounded down to 45 calories?

Answer: Calories must be shown as follows:

50 calories or less--Round to nearest 5-calorie increment:
Example: Round 47 calories to "45 calories"

Above 50 calories--Round to nearest 10-calorie increment:
Example: Round 96 calories to "100 calories"

21 CFR 101.9(c)(1)
Also see Appendix H for rounding guidelines.

I officially have no life...
Old 06-30-2010, 02:37 PM   #785
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Who the fuck goes on a vacation because of a cities farmers markets???????

I just read, perhaps one of the stupidest, articles on the best/worst places to vacation during the summer and one of the fucking criteria was farmers markets. Farmers markets?? Seriously?

Here is the article: http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-34887215

Farmers fucking markets...wow.

Yeah that is pretty stupid.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:50 PM   #786
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
From the USDA.

N8. Should a value of 47 calories be rounded up to 50 calories or rounded down to 45 calories?

Answer: Calories must be shown as follows:

50 calories or less--Round to nearest 5-calorie increment:
Example: Round 47 calories to "45 calories"

Above 50 calories--Round to nearest 10-calorie increment:
Example: Round 96 calories to "100 calories"

21 CFR 101.9(c)(1)
Also see Appendix H for rounding guidelines.

I officially have no life...

Wow you just proved how awesome I am at guessing...
Old 06-30-2010, 04:31 PM   #787
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Did you order them with or without air, because if you wanted air that's going to cost you extra. Plus you'll need a bigger house.

450 balls in 20 boxes. I didn't ask but I assume they are without air. If they have air those are going to be some big boxes, so yes I will need a bigger house. If the power goes out tonight though, and the balls are without air, I know what I can do to pass the time.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:16 PM   #788
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

UPS showed, during one of the very heavy rain periods. He said he wanted to time it so it wasn't so bad, of course he stayed in the truck while I carried the boxes into the garage. Each box is about 2'x2', a little bigger then I was hoping.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:45 PM   #789
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Was sitting here watching The Weather Channel and messing around on my phone, I had uploaded a picture of a flooded street not far from my house on twitter with a dumb comment. I guess some TWC guy who gets paid to sit on Twitter saw it somehow (I didn't @ anyone, just put #Alex), I didn't know he saw it until after I saw it on TWC as they went to commercial, and they gave credit to Cringer63. Surprised the hell out of me. My FOFC name is super famous now though, don't be jealous.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #790
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Was sitting here watching The Weather Channel and messing around on my phone, I had uploaded a picture of a flooded street not far from my house on twitter with a dumb comment. I guess some TWC guy who gets paid to sit on Twitter saw it somehow (I didn't @ anyone, just put #Alex), I didn't know he saw it until after I saw it on TWC as they went to commercial, and they gave credit to Cringer63. Surprised the hell out of me. My FOFC name is super famous now though, don't be jealous.

Haha! Awesome!

Old 07-01-2010, 10:48 PM   #791
Bad-example
College Starter

At first I pretty much ignored all those Coors commercials touting the "when it turns blue it's cold" feature but I have come to understand the logic: if you are relegated to drinking piss water Coors, the least you can do is make sure it's fucking cold!
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:08 AM   #792
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I love the day before holidays, it's like a mini-vacation day at work because 80%+ of the people are gone on vacation. Plus, the annoying guy that sits next to me is off for the day so, bonus.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:01 AM   #793
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Alcohol is the great lubricant of society.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:25 AM   #794
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Last night I was at our high school's last 7 on 7 passing game camp. While our team was sitting during our break, our head coach asked me how things are going for me at work. I mentioned that a competitor for my company is likely to offer me a job and a raise.

When I told him how much I'd be making, he said, "Do you need an assistant?"
Old 07-02-2010, 10:55 AM   #795
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Last night I was at our high school's last 7 on 7 passing game camp. While our team was sitting during our break, our head coach asked me how things are going for me at work. I mentioned that a competitor for my company is likely to offer me a job and a raise.

When I told him how much I'd be making, he said, "Do you need an assistant?"

Awesome! You should have asked him how he looks in a skirt.

Old 07-02-2010, 04:43 PM   #796
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Theres 800 calories in a 2 liter bottle of Dr. Pepper.

Not that anyone would finish a bottle themselves, cause 2 liters go flat fast.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #797
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

I have never seen a Harry Potter movie.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:57 PM   #798
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I never saw Titanic.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:42 PM   #799
JediKooter
Coordinator

I've never seen Pumpy and Billy Dee Williams in the same place at the same time.

Old 07-03-2010, 12:38 PM   #800
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

{chanting on}
oooooommmmmmmmmmm
oooooommmmmmmmmmm
oooooommmmmmmmmmm
Must not get involved with moving wife's furniture
oooooommmmmmmmmmm