Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-16-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Ping: Los Angeles/OC'ers

I'm visiting for a week and a half.

Prepare yourselves.

May 26/27 to June 7th.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?

Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:27 PM   #2
MrBug708
Head Coach

Where at?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:28 PM   #3
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

I'll be staying at my buddy's place in Woodland Hills, don't know how far that is form where you're all at.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Old 05-16-2010, 08:30 PM   #4
MrBug708
Head Coach

Oh sure, you're right next to the OC
Old 05-16-2010, 11:45 PM   #5
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Oh sure, you're right next to the OC

I presume you're joking, Bug.

Neuq, Woodland Hills is in the Valley area, to the north-northwest of LA (and pretty far from the OC, although not far enough for me to say I can't make a trip for a get-together. )

What are you going to be doing here? Just hanging out, doing the vacation thing?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:52 PM   #6
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Ok obviously I have no idea where Woodland Hills is in a geographical relation, my bad.

But yeah, I'm vacationing there, and who knows maybe even see if I can find work out there :P

I have no set plans yet, I know that first weekend is Memorial Day weekend. You guys let me know of your availability. Hopefully I'm not too far.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:24 AM   #7
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
Ok obviously I have no idea where Woodland Hills is in a geographical relation, my bad.

But yeah, I'm vacationing there, and who knows maybe even see if I can find work out there :P

I have no set plans yet, I know that first weekend is Memorial Day weekend. You guys let me know of your availability. Hopefully I'm not too far.

Naw, Bug's just being a douche. Don't pay attention to him.

I am definitely open for seeing if we can meet up. Would love to see Bug come out and some others here, too. It is actually a busy time, but I would definitely try to make some time or move things around, depending on the availability of others.

I work my regular job Monday thru Friday (obviously, not on Memorial Day), and I work my second job on Monday-Wednesday-Saturday nights. I am leaving for a family get-together Thursday night June 4, so I'm shot after that. I have a dentist appointment on Friday, May 28 in the late afternoon. May be able to get together after that (although I may have a numb mouth ). I am off (from both jobs) completely on May 30, so that would be a great day to get together (maybe the Dodgers are in town...). I don't work Tuesday night, but I have to pick up my mom and her BF from LAX (coming home from a cruise).

Man, my schedule sucks.

I might be able to get out of one of my TGIF shifts, which would open up Saturday, May 29 and Monday (Memorial Day), May 31 and Wednesday, June 2.

If we can get some feedback from others and see what availability is looking like, I can start to ask around at my work to get my shifts covered.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:50 AM   #8
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

Neuq, I knew you were a sadist, being a Cubs fan and all, but I never realized how far gone you actually were.

Although I guess if you can find work there, this'd be the time to make that move, while home prices are down.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:24 PM   #9
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

I'm going to leave the logistics to you all. Just booking the ticket yesterday, I haven't gotten around to making concrete plans just yet so I'm flexible.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:44 PM   #10
MrBug708
Head Coach

Im down for anything. Dodger game if you would like even. Ironically enough, you leave when the Dodgers play in Chicago
Old 05-17-2010, 02:22 PM   #11
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm camping that weekend, but keep me in the loop, I might be able to meet up.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:04 PM   #12
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Sounds like I'm making a trip out to Vegas from June 4-6.

I'll be stuck at LAX on May 26th all day if that's closer to any of you. My flight comes in the morning but my ride can't come until after work around ~530pm, so I'll prob find the nearest bar and oogle at local women.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:24 PM   #13
TroyF
Coordinator

Just found out I am going to be in LA/SD from June 21 through May 2.

I know the Angels/Rockies are playing a weekend series during that time. Would love to meet up with some people for one of the games. (as it so happens, the Rockies play in San Diego right after Anaheim and will be there at the same time I will. I'll get to knock out two stadiums on my tour and see the Rockies both times.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:38 PM   #14
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

.. Are those dates right?
Old 05-18-2010, 04:08 PM   #15
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
.. Are those dates right?

I think Troy is related to Marty McFly.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:28 AM   #16
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
I think Troy is related to Marty McFly.

I probably am. Actually, that'd be July 1. I really don't want to have a year long trip. That would suck.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote