Eh, somewhat disappointed 7 6.73%
Trout 6 5.77%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2016, 06:32 AM   #1701
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
What is Enderal? Don't think I've heard of it.

Its a massive free DLC.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 11:50 PM   #1702
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I had to come here and heap more praise on Enderal. I am well over 100 hours into the game but only 2/3 through the main quest and hardly any side quests, and only half explored. The game is leaving me speechless, much better than Skyrim and even modded Skyrim. The story, geography, characters, voices, immersion, music, etc. are beyond amazing for a free fan game. My all-time favorite game is Black Flag at 9.75/10. I am tempted to give this a 10/10 but it does crash frequently. Dont just take my word for it, here's a spot-on review

'Enderal': The Game-Sized 'Skyrim' Mod You Should Be Playing
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:28 PM   #1703
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

I am currently playing through Enderal. It certainly does some things way better than Skyrim did (the ambient life in the towns/cities seems more real and fleshed out, dialog is better, terrain seems less procedurally generated, and combat is much more difficult). I am about 15 hours in - not really sure how far through I am right now, I get the sense that I am only 10% into the game based on my level on the skill tree.

Unfortunately I hit a glitch that I can't seem to get past.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:15 PM   #1704
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
I am currently playing through Enderal. It certainly does some things way better than Skyrim did (the ambient life in the towns/cities seems more real and fleshed out, dialog is better, terrain seems less procedurally generated, and combat is much more difficult). I am about 15 hours in - not really sure how far through I am right now, I get the sense that I am only 10% into the game based on my level on the skill tree.

Unfortunately I hit a glitch that I can't seem to get past.

What is the glitch?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 08:20 PM   #1705
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

this. https://www.reddit.com/r/enderal/com...er_goes_crazy/

https://www.reddit.com/r/enderal/com...ek_is_getting/

I've paid the same bounty several times (without doing anything wrong), but the whole town keeps attacking Jespar. Game says I am in combat mode so I can't interact with anyone. I've left the town and returned but no change.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:10 AM   #1706
Edward64
Head Coach

Been playing Enderal the past week, currently at level 14.

It does crash alot but I save alot. I don't think I enjoy it as much as Skyrim, the dialogue seems too wording, inconsistent.

Buy hey, it provides hours of free entertainment back in the Skyrim world so can't complain too much.
Old 08-10-2018, 04:03 PM   #1707
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

is it a workshop mod?
Old 08-10-2018, 04:12 PM   #1708
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Anyone play the switch version? Thinking about buying it to enjoy Skyrim all over.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 05:26 PM   #1709
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
is it a workshop mod?

Not from the workshop. I downloaded from Nexus

https://enderal.com/
Old 08-12-2018, 02:26 PM   #1710
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

The Switch version is great!! But it's my first Skyrim, so I have no real frame of reference.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2018, 08:27 AM   #1711
Edward64
Head Coach

Anyone play Elder Scrolls Online?

I've read its gotten better since launch with DLC's and a comment that its a "MMO for solo play".
Old 08-13-2018, 09:54 AM   #1712
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post

I've read its gotten better since launch with DLC's and a comment that its a "MMO for solo play".

I haven't played in the better part of a year, so I can't tell you how good the last couple of updates are But I can say that I enjoyed soloing my main all the way through level 50 and into the veteran levels. There are some dungeons and a little other content I couldn't do since I had no interest in finding other groups of players to join with, but I never felt that I was missing out on any important bits.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 10:22 AM   #1713
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
I haven't played in the better part of a year, so I can't tell you how good the last couple of updates are But I can say that I enjoyed soloing my main all the way through level 50 and into the veteran levels. There are some dungeons and a little other content I couldn't do since I had no interest in finding other groups of players to join with, but I never felt that I was missing out on any important bits.

I play off and on, as a solo player, and just the free stuff, so tough to say how good the updates have been. But its a great game for solo play. I have played a bit on the test server to check out things like the warden class and new DLC stuff
Old 08-19-2018, 09:19 AM   #1714
Edward64
Head Coach

Bought it during the $10 sale and have been playing it some. Still learning the ropes.

Similar to Skyrim. Just some thoughts so far.

1) When using a bow in Skyrim, you raise the bow and can choose when to release the arrow. In ESO, you raise the bow and split second later the arrow is released automatically. Need to figure out if there is a way to change this.

2) You are limited to 60 items in your bag when starting off. Finally got a 'free" room of my own thinking I can put my junk in there but apparently not, you have to pay for a bank deposit box. Saving up for that now.

3) Never played MMO before. I'm more PvE (and not PvP) so its cool that in most missions I'm piggy backing off someone else (or vice versa). I pass by players at level 600+ with their fancy companions and armor, pretty weird.

4) When I fight and kill a soldier, I don't get to pick up all the armor or weapons, more often its just some gold (but I want that sword!). This sucks but I guess I understand it.

All-in-all, if you liked Skyrim, I think ESO is easily worth the $10.

Last edited by Edward64 : 08-19-2018 at 09:20 AM.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:42 AM   #1715
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:

Just started with ESO a few weeks ago after finding it on sale for like $15.

It's... not bad. It's not Skyrim, and the MMO aspect screws up some stuff (like the economy, which is a total wreck). The quests are also very linear -- it's rare you get any kind of choice at all, you just click through he dialogs and select the only option to keep moving.

All that said, it's been good enough to keep me playing, and with a handful of exceptions you can play it like a solo game without worrying about the MMO stuff. If you view at as the next Elder Scrolls game, you may be let down. But if you can view it as a Skyrim ripoff that gets about 90% of the stuff right, I'd recommend it.
Old 08-19-2018, 01:32 PM   #1716
Thomkal
Head Coach

What Maple said about Elder Scrolls Online Edward. It's the nature of a MMO-its not a free form open world game like Skyrim, so have things like not being able to aim bows, pick up all weapons, etc.
Old 08-23-2018, 03:39 PM   #1717
Edward64
Head Coach

Its been fun so far, level 12 right now. Two things that are annoying ...

1) I have found/won numerous level 11-12 two handed weapons but I have not seen any high level one-handed weapons. I am doing dual wield and only have level 4 & 5 one-handed weapons ... they just have not come up?

2) It seems I get more gold $40-$100 stealing things from bags, drawers, chests than I get for selling magical weapons. Even the higher level weapons are like $36 gold. Doesn't seem right?
Old 08-24-2018, 06:31 PM   #1718
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
1) I have found/won numerous level 11-12 two handed weapons but I have not seen any high level one-handed weapons. I am doing dual wield and only have level 4 & 5 one-handed weapons ... they just have not come up?
That sounds like bad luck, but I recently realized I was still wearing the same helmet from 10 levels ago and hadn't found any new ones since, so maybe there's some sort of glitch with certain categories not randomly appearing? (For what it's worth, a crafted a new helmet and since then since things seems to be back to normal.)
Quote:
2) It seems I get more gold $40-$100 stealing things from bags, drawers, chests than I get for selling magical weapons. Even the higher level weapons are like $36 gold. Doesn't seem right?
Yeah, the economy is completely screwed up. Selling equipment is pointless (except for ornate items), everything else should be deconstructed or researched instead. Apparently it's because anything reasonable could have been exploited by bots or spammers, although I'm not sure why that matters -- if you want to cheat and get rich, I don't see how that impacts what I'm doing, but maybe I'm missing something.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:39 PM   #1719
Edward64
Head Coach

Level 26 now. Playing PvE and it seems to be getting "stale", I'll give it a rest and come back later. I've had fun with the $10 investment.

For the most part, I do like the MMO model. Bethesda is keeping it fresh with paid DLC's and I do like joining up with random folks that clean out a dungeon with me (one used a soul gem to bring me back to life).

Assuming this is what Fallout 76 will eventually turn out to be, I can live with it (not much choice I guess if you want to keep playing Fallout).
Old 08-30-2018, 06:45 PM   #1720
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

It was worth 10 bucks. It just felt...meh over all, IMO. Nothing really groundbreaking. Kinda felt like it was mainly trading on the ES name. Take away the Elder Scrolls lore, and this was just another faceless MMO.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:29 PM   #1721
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Level 26 now. Playing PvE and it seems to be getting "stale", I'll give it a rest and come back later. I've had fun with the $10 investment.
You've probably already done this, but just in case -- make sure you get to as many different areas as possible. I got like 15 levels into it just staying on the first island I started on, because I thought that was all there was. Nope. Turns out that's only a tiny piece of a huge world, so if you're getting bored in one area just hop on a boat and go find some new zone somewhere.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:20 AM   #1722
Edward64
Head Coach

I have hopped around elsewhere.

One of the things I don't like is I get to a level, I get nice weapons and after a couple newer levels, I get better weapons and I don't get a chance to finish the set (and even if I did, not enough time to enjoy it).

I don't think there is a way to level up my existing magic armor/weapons to stay current with my new level? This makes me not appreciate the newer and better armor/weapons for long.

I also would have appreciated some dragons (maybe not to those areas yet).
Old 08-31-2018, 06:56 PM   #1723
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
One of the things I don't like is I get to a level, I get nice weapons and after a couple newer levels, I get better weapons and I don't get a chance to finish the set (and even if I did, not enough time to enjoy it).
Yep, this is a real annoyance. You finish a major quest, get some cool named weapon as your big reward, and two levels later every low-level grunt you kill is coughing up something better.

I don't know if that's because of the way the game is designed, or because they put a level number on everything. I don't think Skyrim did that, so if you got a cool weapon or whatever maybe you could use it for awhile without noticing that new stuff was slightly better. In ESO, everything is so tied to your current level that nothing that happened a level ago seems to matter.

I do like the sets, since if you stay in one place you can eventually get five pieces and sometimes that unlocks a cool effect, but otherwise you're scrapping stuff for parts that was a big reward like an hour ago.
Old 10-22-2021, 03:52 PM   #1724
Edward64
Head Coach

Looking forward to the Anniversary Edition coming on Nov 11.

Haven't seriously played Skyrim for a while now, and never played with Creation Club mods so looking forward to this. Hope there is a ton of great stuff (vs just graphics).

Quote:
Good news for fans of a classic RPG. At QuakeCon 2021, Bethesda announced the arrival of The Elder Scrolls 5 – Skyrim Anniversary Edition, which celebrates the game’s tenth anniversary. The title will release on November 11, 2021 for PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S.

This edition of the game will include all the content from the “Special Edition” (2016) and over 500 unique Creation Club elements (dungeons, quests, bosses, spells, armor, etc.). Those who already have the old version can upgrade to the Anniversary Edition for free if they wish.
Old 11-24-2021, 07:30 AM   #1725
Edward64
Head Coach

Been playing the Anniversary Edition for the past couple weeks.

I'm still using my old 750ti so not much has changed graphically that I've noticed (have to buy one next year when things come back to normal). Haven't gotten to any new content yet.

But been into a dungeon and will say how much I've forgotten about the mood setting with music & sounds. I find myself sneaking around because it fits the music & sounds.
Old 03-09-2022, 05:07 AM   #1726
Jan135
n00b

When skyrim was released for the first time (lol) I was slightly disappointed, the story (or any of the stories) are mediocre at most, non PC-friendly interface and huge amount of technical issues ruined the experience. But now, mods are fixing many major Skyrim's problems for me, DLC Dragonborn, brought an interesting story, which made my experience way more enjoyable.
Jan135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 09:16 AM   #1727
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan135 View Post
When skyrim was released for the first time (lol) I was slightly disappointed, the story (or any of the stories) are mediocre at most, non PC-friendly interface and huge amount of technical issues ruined the experience. But now, mods are fixing many major Skyrim's problems for me, DLC Dragonborn, brought an interesting story, which made my experience way more enjoyable.

I'm actually just starting it for the first time now on my Switch. Just have to get settled on a character, which is always the hardest part for me in these kinds of games.
Old 03-18-2022, 06:51 AM   #1728
Jan135
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche View Post
I'm actually just starting it for the first time now on my Switch. Just have to get settled on a character, which is always the hardest part for me in these kinds of games.

You'll probably have a better experience on the console. Still, there are very few RPG elements that any other good games in the genre has. All of the Skyrim's RPG-ness breaks apart when you go through major side quest lines. It's not even the lack of any choice that concerns me, it's the way the dialog options re written. In some of the stories it ok and subtle, in others, you are a fanatic puppet. I'm sure you'll see.
Jan135 is offline   Reply With Quote