Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-02-2017, 11:20 AM   #201
QuikSand
lolzcat

I'm in a weird place with this now. The thrill is basically gone, I have tired of all the tap-tap-tap-wait cycles, and left to my own devices I'd likely walk away.

But... my 4yo son now digs the game, and wants to check on the game every night at bedtime. So, we open it up, see what's happening, and talk about stuff. He has memorized our player's names by their faces, he gets excited when he sees one of our guys on a rival team, and he's constantly asking me to "get new guys" or to "make him a legend." So, rather than getting out... I'm being pulled back in. You know, just to be a good dad and all that rubbish.

Anyway... I failed to pay the $ to buy a 4th copy of DT Stacks and oddly regret it. Haven't made a meaningful roster change in a long time, but I guess I'm sticking with this fool thing.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:27 AM   #202
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Through gold won on tourneys, knockouts, gifts and seasons, I've probably bought 10+ nationwide packs. I've done a ton of statewides. yet, I still have never gotten the statue of liberty outside run play. Do you just max out at 36 plays or am I just unlucky?
Old 08-02-2017, 11:45 AM   #203
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
But... my 4yo son now digs the game, and wants to check on the game every night at bedtime.

This makes sense. The part of my brain that insists on playing my tournament games on cooldown and becomes obsessed with seeing how far I can take my team before I come to my senses and quit was probably fully developed around the age of 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
I still have never gotten the statue of liberty outside run play. Do you just max out at 36 plays or am I just unlucky?

I have 37 plays currently.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:59 AM   #204
Arles
Grey Dog Software

OK, cool. Is there a good setup for completing the 3-star on seasons? I'm guessing it is some form of long pass - but I haven't really found it. I win pretty consistently with my setup, but it's hard to consistently win by 20.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:17 PM   #205
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
OK, cool. Is there a good setup for completing the 3-star on seasons? I'm guessing it is some form of long pass - but I haven't really found it. I win pretty consistently with my setup, but it's hard to consistently win by 20.

My team is OR/LP, we are better overall at OR but I don't think that matters. I've varied the long pass plays as my team has developed. I suspect that the long pass makes it a lot easier to win by 20, shut down the opponent b/c you outrate them heavily, score quickly...
Old 08-02-2017, 12:39 PM   #206
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Through gold won on tourneys, knockouts, gifts and seasons, I've probably bought 10+ nationwide packs. I've done a ton of statewides. yet, I still have never gotten the statue of liberty outside run play. Do you just max out at 36 plays or am I just unlucky?

I have only one copy of it despite a number of packs bought with gold. I believe it is a pretty rare play, along with plays like 'flea flicker', 'fumblerooski' (which I still don't have), 'double pass', 'halfback pass', and 'hook n' lateral'. I suspect there are 40 plays in total, 10 of each type, but I only know of 39 different ones (missing one would be an outside run).
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:50 PM   #207
henry296
College Starter

I have found that in some of the higher seasons, I needed different playbooks to even qualify. For example, in Season 20 there was a team whose pass defense was son strong, I went to all OR in order to get the 10 point win.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:52 PM   #208
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I have only one copy of it despite a number of packs bought with gold. I believe it is a pretty rare play, along with plays like 'flea flicker', 'fumblerooski' (which I still don't have), 'double pass', 'halfback pass', and 'hook n' lateral'. I suspect there are 40 plays in total, 10 of each type, but I only know of 39 different ones (missing one would be an outside run).

This sounds right to me.

While we're counting... those that have been pulling packs for awhile + pulling 3* players with recruiting points, have you been keeping track of how many total 3* players exist in this game?

I have 6 3* players at RB and WR. 5 players at MLB, CB, S, and DT. At all other positions I have 4 players. So are there potentially up to 6 3* players at every position and I'm just missing a LOT of them? Those that are paying close attention I wonder how you compare?

So I own 48 3* players. 35 are legends. If I own every 3* player I'm about ready to start saving recruiting points for 4*'s. If I'm missing 12 players, then I still have a ways to go.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:30 PM   #209
Radii
Head Coach

I completed season 24 today. Got a 5* QB "Midas Powers". With 1* full and a 36% legend bonus he's at 53/53/80/80.

Anyway, season 24 is the last season. I've "perfect scored" through season 20 for the secondary rewards. So I've got seasons 21-24 where I can get the secondary reward and then that's done, it would appear, leaving only the tournament and daily knockout.
Old 08-02-2017, 05:46 PM   #210
Radii
Head Coach

Other info: You cannot pull legend duplicates with recruiting points. I have now created legends from every 2* player in the game. The 10 point 2* recruit pull says "Maxxed Out" and is unavailable.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:26 PM   #211
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Other info: You cannot pull legend duplicates with recruiting points. I have now created legends from every 2* player in the game. The 10 point 2* recruit pull says "Maxxed Out" and is unavailable.

So if you're bored, how many 2* are there at each position?

I also found a pretty silly exploit for the knockout tournament. To determine the team ratings of your opponents, it scales off your team rating when you initially open up the knockout tournament. So if you have a team of scrubs when you open it up, you can put in your usual team and auto through the whole tournament (which is nice).
Old 08-02-2017, 08:32 PM   #212
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

As luck would have it, my company has a release tonight and I'm just sitting here waiting for our testers to tell us if there are problems

2* Players:

QB: 4
RB: 4
WR: 4
TE: 5
C: 5
MLB: 4
OLB: 5
CB: 4
S: 5
DT: 5

45 total 2* players.

So I have 48 total 3* players. If I have no more 3* players to find, I need 19 more 3* duplicate cards to legend all of my 3* players. I think I might have that completed after the weekend tournament ends on Sunday (8 from alliance rewards, and if I can manage top 100 in the tournaments, 3 1k packs full of 2* duplicates and some 3*'s), then the looooooong road to 4*'s begins.

Quote:
I also found a pretty silly exploit for the knockout tournament. To determine the team ratings of your opponents, it scales off your team rating when you initially open up the knockout tournament. So if you have a team of scrubs when you open it up, you can put in your usual team and auto through the whole tournament (which is nice).

You, sir, are a genius. Thank you.

Last edited by Radii : 08-02-2017 at 08:32 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:19 AM   #213
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:

I'm going to try that out tomorrow morning...and if it works, you're going to have to explain why you didn't figure it out sooner.

Last edited by rjolley : 08-03-2017 at 02:20 AM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:08 AM   #214
QuikSand
lolzcat

In my Exclusive Offers, a beastly MLB just cycled out... 86 across the board, Robotsky I think. No gold, not willing to pay cash, but that dude would have been a huge help for us.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:12 AM   #215
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:

I just did this for today's Knockout. Great catch, JAG.

Does something like this work for the Road to Glory Seasons? Do the quality of opponents scale off your team when you unlock the next season? I don't know how you could manipulate it, though. You need your best team to win the bowl game which unlocks the next season.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:49 AM   #216
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
I'm going to try that out tomorrow morning...and if it works, you're going to have to explain why you didn't figure it out sooner.

Great find, JAG. Nice to get a free 75 gold every day.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:53 PM   #217
Radii
Head Coach

So I spent 130 gold today, won 19 tournament games, lost 15, and managed to finish 82nd in the tournament (only about 1500 points above 100th though, tons of people in this range). This finish is worth 1500 gold + 2 statewide tickets.

Things start to cascade when you get near the end of being able to legend everyone at the 3* level, since creating a legend gives you enough points to pull another 3* card towards another one... I ended up getting every single card I needed and now own every possible 3* card. I created 10 legends, I can create two more but am short the currency to do so.

Regarding when to promote to division 1: Completing every single 2* and 3* legend is going to get me a team rated about 194. I'm currently starting 3 4* recruits (one of them at 2/4, the other two at 3/4). I should be able to easily top 100 the tournament now (probably still have to spend some gold on the final day, but hopefully not as much as I did today). I don't really have a good guess as to how far away I am from competing for top 25, which is where the rewards in Division 1 = top 10 finish in Division 2. If I had to make a guess right now, I'd guess a team rating of 210 minimum.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:04 PM   #218
Bobble
College Prospect

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but you can go to settings and set it to 2X speed when you're in-game. Saves a lot of time if you're playing them out.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:32 PM   #219
Radii
Head Coach

With a team rated 194 I was able to more easily secure a top 100 spot in div 1. I still spent about 60 gold, though I was less active than usual on Saturday due to some committments, and I had a weird 5 game losing streak on Sunday that was a bit frustrating. I didn't track my winrate religiously like I did last time, but I want to say it was between 60-70%.

The potentially more intersting thing is that I had 2k goldand pulled two packs... and got a total of 4 2* duplicates, 2 from each pack, before I started getting 3*'s, and I ended up with a total of three 4* players and three 5* players out of the packs. Just random luck, or, does that start to happen once you've completed making legends out of all of your 2* and 3* players? Or at a certain prestige level? No idea, and that will be something I will keep an eye on. I earned significantly more recruiting points and players/progress than I expected, whether it was luck or some game mechanic.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:30 AM   #220
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I think I'm done now. I enjoyed it while it lasted though.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:58 AM   #221
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Has anyone noticed that the opponent AI runs plays more frequently than their cool down period allows? I had an opponent who cycled through Statue of Liberty, Fake Handoff Toss, and Reverse three times in a single drive.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:54 AM   #222
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Some of the abilities allow you to cycle quicker. My QB (Kaeden Brock) has the skill "Get Ready" that does a "Medium recharge to all plays when activated". It basically adds 2-3 "bars" to each play to get them closer to a reset. I'm not sure if other players have this as well (or if this is what's going on in your case), but there is a skill that does it.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:45 PM   #223
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I wonder what would happen with packs if you didn't legendary any 1-2 star guys. IE, all were maxed on cards, but you didn't pay to make them a legendary. It would hurt you in terms of recruit points and your overall rating from legendary bonuses by position. But, would it start getting you more 3-5 star guys in packs since you essentially couldn't get any 1 or 2 star guys?
Old 08-08-2017, 05:10 PM   #224
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
I wonder what would happen with packs if you didn't legendary any 1-2 star guys. IE, all were maxed on cards, but you didn't pay to make them a legendary. It would hurt you in terms of recruit points and your overall rating from legendary bonuses by position. But, would it start getting you more 3-5 star guys in packs since you essentially couldn't get any 1 or 2 star guys?

Its not an answer to your question but I'm feeling a bit more strongly about my hypothesis that packs are giving me significantly more 4* and 5* players now that I've completed everything up to 3*... I won a recruiting ticket as a gift yesterday, got a 2* duplicate, and a 4*. I'll update again Thursday when I should have enough gold to get two more packs, but I really do feel like the game is funnelling me more 4* and 5* players.

So I think the game may do what you're suggesting, but I don't think it matters if you've created legends w/ them or not.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:31 PM   #225
Arles
Grey Dog Software

The logic is you really couldn't get any 1-2 star guys if none were legendary. If you made them legends, you could get duplicates that turn into recruit points. But, if you just maxed (in theory), you could only get 3, 4 and 5 star guys in packs.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:33 PM   #226
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
The logic is you really couldn't get any 1-2 star guys if none were legendary. If you made them legends, you could get duplicates that turn into recruit points. But, if you just maxed (in theory), you could only get 3, 4 and 5 star guys in packs.

Oh I see what you mean. Good question, I don't know how the game handles that. I think its just as likely that you get duplicates but then you don't get credit for those duplicates once you finally do create the legend. Could be anything
Old 08-08-2017, 05:57 PM   #227
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Good point, I have a bunch of maxed guys (avoiding 20) - so I'll see if I get a dup
Old 08-08-2017, 08:05 PM   #228
henry296
College Starter

I've gotten duplicates even if not a legend. For example, I had 4 of a 2* guy and got the 5th. When I made him a legend I got 10 recruiting points.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:48 PM   #229
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

My team has hit a frustrating stretch since last night where we are winning about 1 in 6 tournament games. Restructured my team into OR/SP from OR/LP and seem to be getting roughly the same results.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 03:24 PM   #230
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I did a moronic thing. Got my 1000 gold tickets, and clicked on the Recruit tab. Was in autopilot, and was on the Exclusive Offers screen, and not the Talent Search one. Clicked on the far right one. Now my IR Dive play gets 2.7 yards on average.

Ugh
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:17 PM   #231
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I did a moronic thing. Got my 1000 gold tickets, and clicked on the Recruit tab. Was in autopilot, and was on the Exclusive Offers screen, and not the Talent Search one. Clicked on the far right one. Now my IR Dive play gets 2.7 yards on average.

Ugh

I never understood the pricing there. In what world would a play duplicate be remotely worth 1000 gold? 100, maybe.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:31 PM   #232
Radii
Head Coach

I spent about 60 gold this time around to make sure I got top 100. I could have spent less about 20 less, but I had errands to run and couldn't clock watch.

2 1k packs later, I only unlocked a couple stars and no team improvements. Rating still 200.8 or whatever. Good enough for top 100 easily, nowhere near enough to chase top 25 yet I think, I still lose far too many games.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:55 PM   #233
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I'm got 8th on D2. I'm slivers away from 20 with a ton of legends waiting to be maxed. How long should I hold out?
Old 08-11-2017, 01:15 AM   #234
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm got 8th on D2. I'm slivers away from 20 with a ton of legends waiting to be maxed. How long should I hold out?

You're basically going to go from getting 2k gold and 3 recruiting tickets for top 10 in D2 to 1500 gold and 2 recruiting tickets for top 100 in D1. You will likely need to spend some gold to secure that top 100 finish in D1, but probably not as much gold as it takes to secure top 10 in D2.

My experience so far is that once you collect ALL 2* and 3* players (which for me, got my team rating to 194), then you are likely starting with a near empty slate of 4*'s... you've got a few but not tons, maybe you have a starter or two with a couple stars into 4*. So it feels like a real slow grind to me at this point. Eventually I will find a 4* here and there that I can start on defense and boost my team up to 210 or so, that'll be nice. I still have no idea when I might decide to go for a top 25 spot. I'm finishing 75-85thth or so right now pretty reliably.

Anyway, all of that leads to... technically I think it is likely optimal to stay in D2 as long as you get top 10 every time for weeks. But as soon as that gets boring, come on up. You'll miss out on 500 gold a tournament for awhile but at least you'll get to grow your team.

I am currently OR/LP. I may look at switching my offense up a little bit and see if I get a little better results, but regardless, I think I'm still a ways away from competing for the top 25 unless I want to spend a ton of time and resources.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:20 AM   #235
Radii
Head Coach

dola, looking at your team, I think you're positioned better than I am. You're starting 7 4* and 5* players, compared to just 3 for me. so the boost you get from legending all the players you're holding on to might allow you to shoot past me, and might mean you will be able to advance in 4* land faster than me as well, where I feel like I'm just starting out.

Last edited by Radii : 08-11-2017 at 01:20 AM.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:37 AM   #236
Radii
Head Coach

double dola, if you want to math it all out to figure out where you'll stand, here are all of my current legend bonuses:

QB: 48%
RB: 60%
WR: 68% (Flame is my only 4* legend here)
TE: 52%
C: 52%

MLB: 54%
OLB: 52%
CB: 54%
S: 58%
DT: 58%
Old 08-11-2017, 10:26 AM   #237
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Yeah, I'll shoot for the top 10 this weekend and move up to 20. I have so many leg upgrades in the wings. Just look at my bonuses:

QB: 18%
RB: 26%
WR: 36%
TE: 24%
C: 28%

MLB: 36%
OLB: 40%
CB: 26%
S: 40%
DT: 28%

I have atleast 2 leg per spot waiting and I'm already at 150. After I do my 3 tourney games, I'm going to start the upgrades...
Old 08-11-2017, 03:50 PM   #238
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Interesting enough that I'm giving it a look. Not sure how much staying power it has for me, will have to see I guess.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:09 PM   #239
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Okay, somebody please educate me on something.

TE Brodie Fulton, a 1* player that came to me as a level 9.
He levels up to 10 and becomes a Legend during the tutorial.

On his player card screen I see that I have a duplicate of him (the little purple box on his picture says 2x) ... so did I have to have that second one in order to make him a legend? Or was that duplicate meaningless and it's just my bad luck (or whatever) have a duplicate of a 1* player?

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 08-11-2017 at 04:09 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 04:13 PM   #240
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Yeah, for a one star guy you need 2x to make them a legend. For multiple stars, each 2x opens up the next level of stars. So a two star guy you'd need 4x to make them a legend (2x to open the 2nd star, 2x more to make a legend).

Then once they are legends, you get extra bonuses for further duplicates you acquire of that player.

Last edited by cartman : 08-11-2017 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:14 PM   #241
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Okay, somebody please educate me on something.

TE Brodie Fulton, a 1* player that came to me as a level 9.
He levels up to 10 and becomes a Legend during the tutorial.

On his player card screen I see that I have a duplicate of him (the little purple box on his picture says 2x) ... so did I have to have that second one in order to make him a legend? Or was that duplicate meaningless and it's just my bad luck (or whatever) have a duplicate of a 1* player?

The duplicate is what allows you to make him a legend (combined with some resources, the gray "stadium income" in this case).

1* players you can level up to 10 with 1 card, with a 2nd card you make them a legend and every player at that position earns a 2% ratings bonus as a result.

2* players you level up to 10 with 1 card, a second card allows you to open up the second star and level them to 20. You then need to acquire a 3rd and 4th card to make them a legend, earning a 4% permanent bonus.

For a 3* player the 4th card opens up the 3rd star and leveling to 30. 6 cards to legend for 6% bonus and on like that.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:17 PM   #242
Radii
Head Coach

we should be able to kick an inactive or two to get you into the alliance as well, which requires nothing but will give you some free resources (100 recruiting points unless something changes) twice a week for our tournament score as a group.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:25 PM   #243
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
we should be able to kick an inactive or two to get you into the alliance as well, which requires nothing but will give you some free resources (100 recruiting points unless something changes) twice a week for our tournament score as a group.

Cool. I'm "Ole Tech Vols"
Old 08-11-2017, 05:25 PM   #244
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I don't think I'm going to for top 10 this weekend. With my schedule and the lack of time to spam games on Sunday, I'll just play as time permits. On Monday, I do move up to Div 1. So that should be interesting (given I'm about 155 right now).
Old 08-13-2017, 04:10 PM   #245
Radii
Head Coach

I think Cartman has to kick someone who is inactive before Jon can apply. I think he's the only active captain/admin/whatever? I think we have 3-4 who haven't played in awhile.

I had a charity thing I was helping with for awhile today and fell to 150th, but I haven't spend any gold yet. Here's hoping I can still get top 100 heh.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:48 AM   #246
Bobble
College Prospect

I don't know if anyone else is doing this. I've taken a lot of my normal starters out (mostly maxxed 3-star guys) and put in my 4- and 5-star potential guys with only a star or two unlocked. These are guys who haven't had a chance to achieve their Dream goal. Then I repeatedly run that team through Season games where I still have some advancement footballs left to earn (e.g. I've won a game by 10 but not by 20 so I can just keep repeating it). That lets them start accumulating their 1000 skill uses or 750 wins or whatever.

tl;dr: Spam Season games with secondary guys who haven't yet achieved their Dream goal.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:21 PM   #247
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
I don't know if anyone else is doing this. I've taken a lot of my normal starters out (mostly maxxed 3-star guys) and put in my 4- and 5-star potential guys with only a star or two unlocked. These are guys who haven't had a chance to achieve their Dream goal. Then I repeatedly run that team through Season games where I still have some advancement footballs left to earn (e.g. I've won a game by 10 but not by 20 so I can just keep repeating it). That lets them start accumulating their 1000 skill uses or 750 wins or whatever.

tl;dr: Spam Season games with secondary guys who haven't yet achieved their Dream goal.

I'm still low enough level (just went to prestige 2) that I'm kinda able to at least consider that sort of thing anyway. There's not a ton of difference in this 1* or 2* player vs that 1* or 2* player anyway & what difference exists I can sometimes game plan around anyway.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:36 PM   #248
Radii
Head Coach

Cartman looks to be currently inactive, hopefully that's not permanent. Maybe add myself and Arles as co-captains?

Pro tip: When you tank your rating to enter the daily tournament, make sure you put your starters back in before you start playing games or it can get pretty difficult. Oops.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:06 PM   #249
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Pro tip: When you tank your rating to enter the daily tournament, make sure you put your starters back in before you start playing games or it can get pretty difficult. Oops.

For those who've wondered about this tactic, it, umm ... definitely works.

My lowly 2 Prestige squad just auto-played it's way through the daily tournament with a combined final score of 149-0.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:59 PM   #250
cartman
Death Herald

I'm back. Just been busy the past couple of days. I bumped Radii and Arles to co-captain status.

Last edited by cartman : 08-15-2017 at 04:02 PM.