Bad change if it passes.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 01:01 PM   #102
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Bad change if it passes.

As it is, there are too many drive-changing calls by officials either out of position or tasked with watching a complicated play at high speed.

And before we slide down the "well that will just mean DBs will tackle WRs once they are beat" slope...that basically never happens in college. We'll be fine.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 02:04 PM   #103
PilotMan
Head Coach

Defensive pass interference has changed too many games late. How many games have been won because of a ticky tacky call that changed the field? It's a good move. The offense has gotten an insane amount of advantages in the last few years, it's time for the defense to get a bone tossed their way, and this helps.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 02:35 PM   #104
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah I’m a huge fan of that. I do wonder if you can’t let officials call a “major” that is spot of foul in obvious cases of deliberate interference, but given how bad the officiating has been over the last few years simpler might be better.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 02:41 PM   #105
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I am in favor of this change, but I think that it's a close call.

The level of skill in NFL DBs and WRs makes the college comparison of limited utility. You will have some NFL DBs who are good enough that they will be able to tailor their game and play more aggressively on deep balls than they currently do.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 02-27-2018 at 02:42 PM.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 03:03 PM   #106
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Lions tag Ezekiel Ansah.

Probably the right move. He's not consistently elite, but he can get you 10+ sacks when he's on. Pressure is so important in the NFL, that you can't just let that walk in exchange for a compensatory pick.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 03:43 PM   #107
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
And before we slide down the "well that will just mean DBs will tackle WRs once they are beat" slope...that basically never happens in college.

College basically has a lower percentage of scumbags/desperate individuals.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:55 PM   #108
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

A scorcher!
Old 02-27-2018, 04:05 PM   #109
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

Correct. Too many desperate QBs tossing up prayers hoping for the refs to throw a flag.

EDIT: NFL QBs
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

Last edited by miami_fan : 02-27-2018 at 04:11 PM.
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:35 PM   #110
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

No wonder Blake Bortles stinks

Leonard Fournette tells Blake Bortles to use new contract to fix stinky breath
Old 02-27-2018, 08:15 PM   #111
miami_fan
Coordinator

Papa John's, NFL end sponsorship deal
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 02-27-2018, 11:17 PM   #112
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Maybe you make DPI a 15 yd penalty and the offense gets an untimed down? I dunno. Trying to think outside the box.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 04:07 PM   #113
Thomkal
Head Coach

Jim Kelly's cancer has returned:

Former Buffalo Bills QB Jim Kelly to undergo treatment after oral cancer returns

Old 03-02-2018, 03:20 PM   #114
bhlloy
Coordinator

I love Darnold to death, but I'm pretty sure if I'm the Browns and you told me I could get Barkley #1 and Rosen #4 I would do that in a heartbeat. Barkley is unreal.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:38 PM   #115
MrBug708
Head Coach

Rosen is probably going to leave the combine in a much better opinion than people thought. The "bad teammate" rumors are funny because they've essentially turned into a "unnamed sources" who say he's a bad teammate, vs his actual teammates who love him.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:00 AM   #116
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Cousins supposedly down to the Vikes/Broncos/Jets and Cards.
Old 03-03-2018, 11:03 AM   #117
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I love Darnold to death, but I'm pretty sure if I'm the Browns and you told me I could get Barkley #1 and Rosen #4 I would do that in a heartbeat. Barkley is unreal.

Browns basically have to take Barkley #1 I think, cause otherwise they'll probably lose him to the Colts at #3?
Old 03-03-2018, 03:55 PM   #118
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Most mock drafts have the Colts taking Chubb at #3. Who knows what Chris Ballard is thinking though. I don't think we'll really know until we see where the Colts throw cash in free agency.
Old 03-03-2018, 05:15 PM   #119
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Browns basically have to take Barkley #1 I think, cause otherwise they'll probably lose him to the Colts at #3?

Giants at 2.
Old 03-03-2018, 05:26 PM   #120
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Last four runningbacks to be drafted anywhere in the top 3:

Trent Richardson - 2012 - 3rd
Reggie Bush - 2006 - 2nd
Ronnie Brown - 2005 - 2nd
Ki-Jana Carter - 1995 - 1st
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:39 PM   #121
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
Last four runningbacks to be drafted anywhere in the top 3:

Trent Richardson - 2012 - 3rd
Reggie Bush - 2006 - 2nd
Ronnie Brown - 2005 - 2nd
Ki-Jana Carter - 1995 - 1st

Agreed. Richardson did 25 reps and was a 4.45 at 227 pounds. He had just as much hype as Barkley.

Bush was the next Gayle Sayers.

Taking a RB number 1 overall would be Cleveland thing to do. They didn't go 0-16 because they couldn't run the ball.

Last edited by Atocep : 03-03-2018 at 08:39 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 04:55 PM   #122
miami_fan
Coordinator

NFL officials Ed Hochuli, Jeff Triplette are retiring
Old 03-07-2018, 02:39 PM   #123
Thomkal
Head Coach

Michael Bennett traded to the Eagles from Seattle and a potential sad, but good story around the Panthers Christian McCaffrey and 49ers brother Max:

Man unaware Christian McCaffrey, brother Max helped save his life
Old 03-07-2018, 03:16 PM   #124
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Bennett trade probably means Vinny Curry will be out the door... not sure how much of an upgrade that is.

Btw, as much as the increased salary cap and rollover rules help teams trade more, I also think the push towards yearly roster bonuses instead of initial signing bonuses helps much more Michael Bennett Contract Details, Salary Cap Breakdowns, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:50 AM   #125
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

Dallas Cowboys: NFL, Jerry Jones reach agreement on fees | Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Old 03-08-2018, 12:17 PM   #126
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Alec Ogletree to the Giants for a 4th + a 6/7 swap. Good deal for the Giants as they've seemingly needed LB's for a decade now. Moving good players (Robert Quinn to Miami too) because they don't fit a 3-4 never seems like great long term strategy, but Rams needed to clear some cap space anyways.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:23 PM   #127
Logan
Head Coach

Unfortunately for the Giants, they're now moving to a 3-4. I've seen some really bad clips of Ogletree that make it seem like his reputation is well above his play (at least from a consistency POV).
Old 03-08-2018, 10:07 PM   #128
Galaril
Pro Starter

Looks like Broncos were able to trade Talib to the Rams for a 5th rounder.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:14 AM   #129
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Looks like Broncos were able to trade Talib to the Rams for a 5th rounder.

I'm trying to figure out the Rams' gameplan here.

I knew they weren't tagging Trumaine Johnson again, so the Peters deal was a great move to get them a top cover corner. They still have Nigel Robey-Coleman, who was surprisingly good. And Kayvon Webster (although he's really just a backup type abd I expect he will miss some of the next seaso with an Achilles injury).

Then they sign injury-riddled Sam Shields and trade for Talib (is he still good?). And that is besides tagging Lamarcus Joyner at S. No idea what the plan is.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:59 AM   #130
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Talib was good when he played in Wade Phillips system before I thought.. So they might squeeze a year out of him.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 08:30 AM   #131
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I'm trying to figure out the Rams' gameplan here.

I knew they weren't tagging Trumaine Johnson again, so the Peters deal was a great move to get them a top cover corner. They still have Nigel Robey-Coleman, who was surprisingly good. And Kayvon Webster (although he's really just a backup type abd I expect he will miss some of the next seaso with an Achilles injury).

Then they sign injury-riddled Sam Shields and trade for Talib (is he still good?). And that is besides tagging Lamarcus Joyner at S. No idea what the plan is.

Apparently Shields is being signed for the veteran minimum. He is a classic case of low risk, high reward if he works out.

Joyner being tagged at S was due to his performance last year. I believe PFF had him rated as the #2 safety in the league last year and another spot had him ranked as the #51 player in the entire NFL last year.

NRC is really a slot corner, everything I read about him does not rank him highly on the outside. I do not know the difference between a slot and outside corner (I figure if you can cover, you can cover so what is the difference), so I will take their word on it.

So their starting secondary is: Talib and Peters at CB (top 5 in the league easily) and Joyner and Johnson at S (Johnson played very well as a rookie). That is a top 5 secondary right there, plus you have NRC at the slot, and Webster and Shields off the bench. That is a top group of starters with great backup core.

They are competing with the Eagles and the Vikings for conference supremacy, along with the Niners who will be better with a full year of Garrapolo under center. All of them will have very good passing attacks. It makes sense to have a great secondary.

My question is what are they doing at LB? I understand getting rid of Ogletree or Quinn, but both at the same time is questionable. Who are they getting to replace them? The only returning starter as of right now is Barron.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 03:56 PM   #132
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Thank god the Steelers are releasing mike mitchell. One of the biggest POS dirty players in the league and probably my all time least favorite Steeler ever.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:04 PM   #133
miami_fan
Coordinator

The Browns out here doing work! Jarvis Landry and Tyrod Taylor in for draft picks.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:12 PM   #134
AlexB
Pro Starter

Glad i spent money on a #14 Landry T-shirt a couple of months ago! Only a tenner, but not worn it yet
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:20 PM   #135
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
The Browns out here doing work! Jarvis Landry and Tyrod Taylor in for draft picks.

And now Damarious Randall from the Packers.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:07 PM   #136
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Did Kevin Costner sneak into the Brown's front office again?
Old 03-09-2018, 06:15 PM   #137
Atocep
Coordinator

I'm amazed they got a serviceable 25 year old corner for Kizer.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:17 PM   #138
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

So do the Browns still take a QB with their top picks? Or do they build around Tyrod Taylor? Perhaps they draft Barkley and trade the other pick.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:20 PM   #139
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
So do the Browns still take a QB with their top picks? Or do they build around Tyrod Taylor? Perhaps they draft Barkley and trade the other pick.

The smart play would be to trade out of 1 to whoever wants a QB or Barkley the most and then see what falls to them at 4. If they could get Chubb and and either Fitzpatrick, James, or Ward (with the pick that get for #1) that would be a hell of job filling holes in that roster.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:24 PM   #140
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
The smart play would be to trade out of 1 to whoever wants a QB or Barkley the most and then see what falls to them at 4. If they could get Chubb and and either Fitzpatrick, James, or Ward (with the pick that get for #1) that would be a hell of job filling holes in that roster.

But what will the Browns do?
Old 03-09-2018, 06:30 PM   #141
MrBug708
Head Coach

The Browns when that direct deposit hits
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:15 PM   #142
Danny
Head Coach

I think getting randall, taylor and landry for kizer a 3rd and 4th is pretty damn good.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:38 PM   #143
Thomkal
Head Coach

Richard Sherman released by Seattle
Old 03-10-2018, 11:50 AM   #144
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Glad i spent money on a #14 Landry T-shirt a couple of months ago! Only a tenner, but not worn it yet

Bought my Abdullah #21 jersey shirt for about $30 (personalized + shipped) and really feel the same way about it despite wearing a dozen or so times since drafted.
Old 03-10-2018, 12:05 PM   #145
Atocep
Coordinator

Browns decided to go back to being the Browns today and traded Danny Shelton and a 5th for a 2019 3rd.
Old 03-10-2018, 02:34 PM   #146
Galaril
Pro Starter

Talking say Tyrod is nothing more than a bridge QB for the Browns and they will draft a QB at #4
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 03:48 PM   #147
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Richard Sherman released by Seattle

Rumor has it the 49ers have already approached him and there is interest from both sides.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 03:55 PM   #148
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Talking say Tyrod is nothing more than a bridge QB for the Browns and they will draft a QB at #4

The Browns could probably use a bridge QB and give at least one kid a year to develop without putting the entire organization on his shoulders. That said, they've TRIED to bring in bridge QBs before, and somehow the 6th string rookie development project is still starting games come mid-season.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 03:55 PM   #149
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Rumor has it the 49ers have already approached him and there is interest from both sides.

Yep he's getting a physical is what I saw. Seems to be a good fit.
Old 03-10-2018, 04:20 PM   #150
kingfc22
Head Coach

OBJ might want to ban cell phones from his hotel rooms...