Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-09-2011, 09:06 PM   #951
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 1 - We emerge victorious 23-21 over the Cowboys. RB Albert Hall was with 124 yards and a score on 24 carries. 2 sacks by Darryl Lavallee. A pick and a score by Jamie Schneider, the Game MVP - good job linebacker. Bob Pearson and RJ Baxter also had picks. High was ugly with 9 of 23 for 96 yards.

Week 2 - We crush the Cards 35-7. Albert Hall is Game MVP with 141 yards on the ground and a score, 21 carries. He also caught one of the two TDs thrown by High - Jerry Platt grabbed the other. Picks by Dean Dawkins and Roderick Hatcher. All four of my starting DBs have a pick in the first two games - auspicious. We do have an injury though. C Kevin Graham is doubtful with a deep thigh bruise. Scottie Kromer will be starting in his place until he is healthy.

Week 3 - The Steelers fall 14-3. Albert Hall is Game MVP with 36 carries, 161 yards, and both of our scores Grady High has had a slow start. 39 of 71, 480, and 2:0, 11 sacks in three games. Albert Hall has 417 yards rushing and 84 receiving, so he has more yards form scrimmage in three games than our Qb does throwing. Gus Arellano notched a pair of sacks.

Week 4 - We reestablish dominance against the Jags, 34-7. Albert Hall is Game MVP with 23 carries, 193 yards, no scores, 1 receiving TD. High threw four TDs and hit Rivers, Waterman and Garth for scores. Two of my rookies with their first scores! 2 more sacks for Gus. Another pick for RJ. Two major injuries - Roderick Hatcher is doubtful with a Hip Pointer. Glenn Tench will be starting in his place. The other major injury is a doubtful for Albert Hall, with a stretched knee ligament. Rookie Malcolm Ballando will be starting until his return.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:52 PM   #952
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 5 - In the battle of unbeaten, we crush the Ravens 27-9. Malcolm Bellando is the Game MVP with 31 carries, 159 yards, and a score. Dean Dawkins rocked two picks, Marvin Solymos rocked two sacks and Pearson had a pick. Rick Rivers and Richard Luong got TD passes from High.

Week 6 - Both Cincinnati and us are still undefeated in the division. The 49ers are the only other undefeated team in the nation. With ten minutes left in OT, Maloney kicks a 54 yard FG to win it 27-24 against the one win Tennessee. WR Richard Luong is the Game MVP with 6, 138, and a TD. High was one of several injuries, and Edwin Arevalo got 15 of 24, 224 and 2 scores. Jerry Platt caught the other score. In injury news, RB Malcolm Bellando is doubtful with a bruised sternum and Grady High is probable.

Week 7 - Bye week is good for injuries. Cincinnati loses to the Ravens.

Week 8 - C Kevin Graham is back from injury. CB Roderick Hatcher is probable and will start. Hall is questionable and Bellando doubtful. Neither will start. Thurman Stoner will be starting for us. Our 6-0 team trounces the 0-6 Jags 37-7. Stoner is the Game MVP and NFL Offensive Player of the Week with 24 carries, 179 yards, 2 running scores and one receiving. High has two TD lobs to Luong. Dawkins rocks a pick. WR Jerry Platt is questionable and Luong will start.

Week 9 - Albert Hall returns and will start despite a probable status. We’re playing against the one loss Ravens. Baltimore CRUSHES us 41-10. Ouch. We split our series with them.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:15 PM   #953
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 10 - 37-10 us over the Chargers. Grady is probable with a hyper extended elbow, but he will play. Gus Arellano is questionable with a bruised shoulder. He’ll play too. Jerry Platt will be back next week. Albert Hall was the Game MVP with 32 carries for 109 yards and a score. High had three scores, and 351 yards on a 27 of 37 day. Waterman and Rivers got scores. Pearson with a pick.

Week 11 - 34-6 over the Titans. Game MVP is Roderick Hatcher with a pick and a score. Pearson and Baxter got picks too. High threw two scores and 276 yards to Waterman and Moe Austin. FB Ryan Garth is doubtful with a pulled groin. Thurman Stoner will be my FB for a while until Ryan is better

Week 12 - 24-3 over the 7 win Steelers. Roderick Hatcher is again the Game MVP with two picks. Glenn Tench grabbed a pick too. Allen Richardson had 138 yards on 28 carries, and now all four of my running backs have had a 100 yard game this season due to injuries. Wow. Thurman Stoner is out for a while with a broken hand and I pull back Malcolm Bellando, who will play FB for me now.

Week 13 - Game MVP is Roderick Hatcher again with two picks and FumRec for a score. That is someone with a nose for the ball. Solymos with a pair of sacks. 42-18 win vs. Austin. Platt caught his 4th score of the year. Mitch Waterman his 5th.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:45 PM   #954
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 14 - We take out the 9-3 Bengals 31-20. Baltimore has finally lost and we are in control of the division. Game MVP is Jerry Platt with 3 catches, 103 yards, and 2 scores. Hall ran 33 times for 129 and a score, High was 20 of 30, 332, 3 scores. Rick Rivers has his 5th TD of the year. Glenn Tench the sole pick of the day. RJ Baxter is questionable with a deep thigh bruise. I am moving him to a backup and starting Horace Burgess.

Week 15 - The Lone Stars lose to us 40-9. Mitch Waterman is the Game Mvp with 7 grabs, 113 yard,s and 3 scores. High was 19 of 25, 253, for 3. LB Raymond Donovan had 9 tackles and a pick. Solymos grabs his 10th sack of the season. Hall has his 10th rushing score. FB Garth is probable and back in the starting lineup.

Week 16 - Game MVP is Horace Burgess with 2 picks. High has 307 yards and 3 scores. Luong has 4, 110 1 score. Waterman catches a score. Hall his third. Marvin Solymos is questionable with a Hip Pointer, and he will start next week vs. Cincinnati. A loss puts Baltimore in. Dawkins and Hatcher are banged, but both will start. RJ Baxter will start again.

Week 17 - We defeat the Bungles 38-21. We have many injuries. Offensive Player of the Week and Game MVP is Albert Hall with 24 carries, 114 yards, 2 scores; his 4th TD catch of the season. Platt caught his 7th. Gus Arellano went from 9 sacks to 12 with a triple.

Injuries Going Into the Playoffs:

DT Marvin Solymos - Questionable
CB Bob Pearson - Doubtful
CB Roderick Hatcher - Questionable
DT Myron Myers - Probable
OT Colin Hampton - Doubtful
RB Thurman Stoner - Probable
LB Raymond Donovan - Questionable

Big stuff.

Old 09-10-2011, 01:06 AM   #955
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2045 NFL Playoffs -

Wild Card Weekend:

Atlanta clobbers New Orleans 41-3
Dallas over Chicago - 24-7
New England shocks Baltimore 20-17 in OT
Denver edges Indianapolis 14-13

Divisional Weekend:

33-7 over the Patriots

Game MVP - Albert Hall, 36 for 160, 2 carries

CB Roderick Hatcher had 2 picks.

Buffalo over Denver 24-10.
Washington defeat Atlanta 30-6
Dallas surprises the 49ers 31-20.

The 2045 AFC Championship

#1 15-1 Seed Highlanders vs. #2 seed 12-4 Bills

We win 30-0

Albert Hall is Game MVP with 37 carries, 172 yards, 2 scores.

The Redskins defeat the Cowboys 31-3.

Old 09-10-2011, 02:15 AM   #956
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2045 Super Bowl

Your AFC Champion #1 Seed 15-1 AFC Central Winner Huntington Highlander

vs.

Your NFC Champion #2 seed 11-5 NFC East Winner Washington Redskins

Let’s look at the Game Log:

Washington starts the game with a 12 play 7 minute drive that ends in a 31 yard FG. 3-0 Washington. We drive, with several drive sustaining catches of 12 and 10 yards, and then High fumbles after being sacked, but Hall recovers. A few plays later, hall runs 8 yards off tackle to the left and we score. 7-3. Washington goes three and out and that ends the 1st quarter.

Hall and High have four plays, each more than 10 yards, and we quickly score. 14-3. A 13 play drive results in another TD drive and 9 minutes. 14-10. We go five and out, and kick away at 4:37 left in the half. 8 plays later, with 44 seconds left Washington scores on a pass play of 21 yards. 17-14 Washington at the half.

A 16 play drive that takes 8 and a half minutes and we score with a 12 yard High pass to Waterman. 21-17 us. Washington gets a good kick return, and stalls in FG range. A 45 yard FG ensues and it’s good for them. 21-20 us.

A 9 play drive by us follows and ends the third quarter and heads into the 4th. An 8 yard grab by Moe Austin puts us up by 8 - 28-20, with 13:05 left.

15 plays and half the fourth quarter melt off the clock, and Washington scores. They also make the two point conversion to tie the game. 28-28, with 6:04 left on the clock.

12 plays sets up a 42 yard FG but Darrin Maloney misses wide right. 54 seconds left.

At their own 32, the first play is a pass, block at the line of scrimmage by LB Stepp. 47 seconds
The second down, incomplete, pass defensed by LB Schlereth. 42 seconds
Third down complete, 45 yards, to our 23, 34 seconds
Run for 6 yards, tackles by Schlereth, 18 Seconds. Time out called at 10 left.

FG Kick of 34 yards is successful, and Washington wins 31-28. Good game!

Billed as one of the all time great Super Bowls, with long offensive drives, changing scoreboards, and lots of great finish.

We lost, but all in all, a good season.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 09-10-2011 at 02:15 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:16 AM   #957
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Season Awards:

NFL MVP - RB Albert Hall
NFL Offensive Player of the Year - RB Albert Hall
NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year - LB Raymond Donovan
1st Team All Pro - RB Albert Hall, TE Rick Rivers,
2nd Team All Pro - QB Grady High, OT Colin Hampton, S Dean Dawkins

Nice stuff for some. This was not a great year for Hall or High and its nice to see Rivers and Dawkins back, with a new guy in Hampton.

Other Players of Interest with Awards:

FB Rob Sims, All Pro 1st Team, Titans
WR Roosevelt Beverly, All Pro 1st Team, Bills
C Archie Galloway, All Pro 1st Team, Chargers
DT Ian Agrawell, All Pro 1st Team, Dallas
DT Irving Burks, All Pro 1nd Team, Packers

Old 09-10-2011, 04:33 AM   #958
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My Peops:

LB Raymond Donovan, 1 honor
OT Colin Hampton, 1 honor
OG Lewis Scott, 1 honor
FB Ernie Kinney, 1 honor
CB Roderick Hatcher, 2 honors
WR Pete Waddle, 1 honor
RB Jake Duffy, 21 honors
OT Will Poston, 3 honors
QB Grady High, 14 honors
QB Rufus Richardson, Bears, 1 honor
C Archie Enbysk, 3 honors, Broncos
OG Donnie Hite, 1 honor
LB Joseph Martinez, 3 honors, Rams
TE Rick Rivers, 8 honors
LB Alonzo Scott, Indy, 2 honors
WR Ricky Doucette, 49ers, 2 honors
CB Arnold Dorrough, Snakes, 1 honor
S Dean Dawkins, 3 honors
OT Roosevelt Morin, 2 honors
P Bonnie Bridges, 1 honor
K Darrin Maloney, 5 honors
CB Dwight Stevenson, 1 honor
DE Sam Walden, 1 honor
LB Anthony McKnight, 1 honor
CB Bob Pearson, 3 honors
WR Jerry Platt, 1 honor
S Clyde Del Greco, 1 honor, Rams
DT Marvin Solymos, 1 honor
RB Albert Hall, 12 honors
C Archie Galloway, 3 honors, Chargers
OT Bobby Hueffed, 1 honor, Chicago
DT Ian Agrawell, 2 honors, Dallas
DT Irving Burks, 1 honor, Packers
WR Roosevelt Beverly, 1 honor, Bills
FB Rob Sims, 1 honor, Titans

Old 09-10-2011, 01:29 PM   #959
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Stats:

The most rushing yard,s 14th most passing yards, the best passing average
The 2nd fewest rush yards allowed, 6th fewest passing yards allowed
+22 TO margin, -3 sac margin 43 to 40.

Individual Stats:

Grady High, 253 of 405, 62.4%, 3306 yards, 31:9 ratio, 32 sacks, 104.3 Rating, 1 rush TD

34 year old High had a solid year, but its clearly a step down from recent years. This is the first time he had less than 4k passing yards in 6 years. it’s the 5th best QB Rating in his career, but the worst in three years. The TD:Int ratio is hot, the exact same as last year, so that‘s alright. With 50 fewer passing attempts, his stats dropped, but so did things like completion %.

RB Albert Hall, 296 rushes, 1329 yards, 4.4 avg, 13 rush TD; 43 catches, 506 yards, 4 scores

Not really an NFL MVP type season. Still pretty good, but not super hot.

WR Richard Luong, 49, 763, 5 scores
WR Mitch Waterman, 49, 674, 9 scores
TE Rick Rivers, 55, 684, 5 scores
WR Jerry Platt, 39, 557, 7 scores

Lots of injuries here led to a variety of starters. I think its time to move Jerry Platt.

S Dean Graham had a PR TD as a returner

K Darrin Maloney - 26 of 37, 58 of 59

P Bennie Bridges, the best Punt Average this year, 35 in the 20 out of 80.

Not bad years, and perhaps a missed opportunity for an All Pro season with Bridges

DE Gus Arellano, 12 sacks, 2 blocks, 6 hurries
DT Marvin Solymos, 10 sacks, 1 and 7

No one else had more than 4.5 sacks. A down year for sackage.

LB Raymond Donovan, 58 tackles, 18 assists, 1.5 sacks, 1 and 1, 1 pick, 1 Int Ret TD, 5 pasdef

Not a bad year, but I’m not sure where an DPotY for the league is coming from

S Dean Dawkins, 77 tackles, 25 assists, 6 ints, 13 pasdef
CB Bob Pearson, 5 picks, 4 pasdef, 2 fumrec
CB Roderick Hatcher, 7 and 5, 2 fumrec with 1 Fum RET TD
S RJ Baxter, 3 and 12, 2 fumrec

Not a bad year for the secondary at all. In three years as a starter, RJ Baxter has 8 picks and 31 pasdef.

OT Colin Hampton, 33 KRB, 9 sacks allowed
OG Kendrick Wallace, 31 KRB, 7 sacks allowed
OG Lewis Scott, 29 KRB, 7 sacks allowed
OT Mack Volz, 26 KRB, 6 sacks allowed

Not a bad year for players that aren’t on professional contracts. Mack Volz has a year to build on.

The theme of this year, solid, but unspectacular.

Old 09-10-2011, 01:53 PM   #960
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Records Set:

Jake Duffy, former player of mine, has set the record for the most rushes, rushing yards, and rush Tds in a career.

Let’s End the Season

Performance - 95
Value - 91
Profit - 77
Difficulty - 77

Overall - 86

Yay new stadium that is already all sold out!

Franchise Overview - We made 59 million last year, a jump from negative 164 mill. (Bigger stadium leads to more parking sales, concessions, advertising fees, and of course boxes and tickets.

1 of 4 teams with 100% capacity crowds season long

Middle of the road Stadium and economy
The best roster
The best support
4th most valuable franchise

Old 09-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #961
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hall of Fame:

TE Brant Carman, 92% of the vote, the pride of Northwestern, 16 years, 254 starts, 741 receptions, 7586 receiving yards, 50 TDs and 5 all league honors. In the past 45 years, only two TEs generated by the game have made it to the HOF - Ed Gardener, Brant Carman. That’s it.

Two players have been inducted into the Team HOF and will not make the league HOF.

S Derek Long, from Garner-Webb, 16 years, no Canton HOF, 1029 tackles, 341 assists, 44 picks, 1 honor

RB Maurice Carlisle, from U of Jacksonville, 15 years experience, 177 starts, 3069 carries, 12546 yards, 117 TDs, 1 honor - Maurice started for me two years, and then was trade to the Steelers where he started for many years and won two Super Bowls. 13th most carries, 15th most yards, 7th most Tds in the last 45 years.

Retirements of note:

RB Jake Duffy

Old 09-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #962
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Players leaving of note that need to be franchise tagged - P Bennie Blades

We have 32 players on the roster. 43 mill under the cap. We need to offer major contracts to several players, including Albert Hall.

I need a new contract for our Head Coach. We have to increase the salary of our HC from 25 mill to 28.5 mill annually for 5 years.

I increase ticket prices across the board by 4 dollars.

Old 09-10-2011, 03:55 PM   #963
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Enter Free Agency:

I sign P Bennie Bridges

Let’s look at the players in the final year of their contracts:

RB Albert Hall
DT Marvin Solymos
S RJ Baxter
WR Jerry Platt
OG Lewis Scott
OT Colin Hampton
WR Richard Luong
DT Myron Myers
RB Richard Stoner
WR Moe Austin
RB Malcolm Bellando
S Dean Graham
S Horace Burgess

I extend RB Albert Hall by three years, and the salary cap this year jumps by 13 mill

I trade WR Jerry Platt to the Eagles for their 3(24). It’s time to cut ourselves off from the 34 year old receiver.

The RJ Baxter question. 8 picks in three years, 31 pasdef. If I extended his contract, it would be on faith.

I renegotiate Dead Dawkins’s salary and drop it four mill a year. I could extend RJ’s salary. I have the money. Let me see what our roster looks like after some more trades and resignings.

I extend OG Lewis Scott by two years. In four years as a starter he’s got 111 KRB for us. That’s with a green 17 KRB in his rookie year. He’s pretty good on the pitch.

I extend OT Colin Hampton by three years. He’s also done a solid job for us. I’m happy to have him around for a while. These are both solid players. I had to spend some cash for this, because OTs cost more.

I also extend Marvin Solymos by three years.

I trade RB Richard Stoner to the Chiefs for their 2 and 5 (23) this year.

I trade WR Richard Luong and next years 7th to the Jags for their 1st.

I also trade DT Myron Myers, 4th on my chart, to the Cowboys for their 6th next year.

I currently have 13 draft picks this year and 29 players on my roster. I could get something for WR Moe Austin, but he’s the only WR left on my roster that could start across from Mitch in case I don’t draft anyone.

I trade DE Darryl Lavallee to the Rail Runners for their 5th and 7th this year (3).

Alright, let’s postpone a decision on S RJ Baxter until post draft.

Once more go over my roster, but I find nothing more to do right now.

Old 09-10-2011, 04:59 PM   #964
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2046 NFL Amateur Draft

The 1.1 pick is CB Donnie Ramon, for Richmond

Positions I need:

QBx2, RBx2, TEx2, WRx3, Cx2, OGx3, OTx2, DEx2, DT, LBx2, CB

Starters in this list - C, OG, LB, Perhaps WR, LB

1/35 Who is around?

CB Quinn Vasilatos, very nice
OG Calvin McWilliams, very startable
C Harvey Stone, very startable
LB AJ Koehn, startable

I think I can hide Quinn and Calvin to the second round, but Harvey is the best C on the board according to everyone. Koehn is the best LB on the board too.

I’m taking the best of these that I suspect will be gone by 2/9, when I pick again.

2/9 has arrived and no LB has gone. All three of these guys are still around. DO I gamble and take Koehn, and hope that both McWilliams and Vasilatos will be on the board in my other two picks this round? Or do I BAP and take McWilliams?

No gamble, I’m taking the best one. Koehn is taken by our next pick, so I look to see what else (CB is a luxury right now).

There is a decent LB still available, and then it is all down hill. I need a LB starter, so I grab the LB.

I check the draftees for other players, and there are no good Qbs left in the draft. I go for the BAP TE who was the best out there, in case I need to replace a injured or aging Rick Rivers. Vasilatos, just to take him before someone else does. Perhaps he’ll replace Bob Pearson in a year or two.

At the beginning of 3, I take a good OG, for either a backup for a few years or bust protection. I take Vasilatos at 3/24 before anyone else does. After that, I BAP any position that I need.

1/35 - C Harvey Stone, Kansas State, 4.4/5.6
2/9 - OG Calvin McWilliams, Washington State, 2.6/3.9
2/23 - LB Benjamin Hampton, Purdue, 2.4/5.9
2/35 - TE Maurice Sporzynski, Tennessee, 4.4/4.4
3/9 - OG Dwayne Schlereth, Ohio State, 3.9/5.0
3/24 - CB Quinn Vasilatos, Maryland, 3.1/3.4
3/35 - DT Warren Bauer, Notre Dame, 2.3/4.1
4/35 - LB Danny Ferrari, Michigan State, 3.3/3.3
5/3 - WR William Davidson, Maryland, 3.7/4.2
5/23 - DE Lonnie Everett, Valdosta State, 2.1/3.0
5/35 - OT Gino Cassidy, LSU, 2.5/2.9
6/27 - RB Donny Houston, Boston College, 2.3/3.5
6/35 - S Jorge Galvan, Duke, 2.2/4.1
7/3 - WR Dustin Hazelton, Syracuse, 2.4/2.7
7/35 - QB Louie Ackerman, West Chester, 2.7/4.7

I sign my rookies. I make some more moves:

I extend RJ Baxter’s contract by two years.

I sign some UFA:

QB Dana May, Fort Lewis
RB Alfred Garrett, Utah State
TE Tony Hicks, Northwestern
WR Gilbert Garritano, Chadron State (KR/PR)
OG Lance Stokes, Gardner-Webb
OT Tyrus Hamilton, Notre Dame
DE Johnnie Rodriguez, Duke
C Allen Petkovich, Auburn

Old 09-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #965
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Camp Time!

Before we look at anything else, how about an assessment of my draftees?

CB Quinn Vasilatos, 39/78 (here are his pots, 98, 78, 94, 60 and 96 endurance)
OG Calvin McWilliams, 38/77 (87, 78, 62 - his endurance dropped 15ish - he will start for me)
TE Maurice Sporzynski, 52/76
C Harvey Stone, 40/74 (Pots ebbed a bit - 74, 63, 68 - will still start)
DT Warren Bauer, 22/71
OG Dwayne Schlereth, 22/65 (Pots are 71, 79 and end is 26)
LB Benjamin Hampton, 19/65 (Busted a tiny bit in run D, dropped 5 points in pot there)
LB Danny Ferrari, 22/61
RB Donny Houston, 32/54
WR William Davidson, 30/53
S Jorge Galvan, 28/51
DE Lonnie Everett, 28/50
OT Gino Cassidy, 9/40
WR Dustin Hazelton, 36/36
QB Louie Ackerman, 8/19 - Bust

We sell out of all of our season tickets

Old 09-10-2011, 07:52 PM   #966
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2046 Huntington Highlanders

QB Grady High - He probably doesn’t have too many years left. He can get the career passing TD record this year. Let’s see what Grady can do.
RB Albert Hall - Even with a down year, was still NFL MVP. What will happen this year?
FB Ryan Garth - Very developed, and I expect good things
TE Rick Rivers - This 34 year old TE has been with me since day one. Let’s continue.
WR Mitch Waterman - Also very well developed, looks like a similar player to Jerry Platt
WR Moe Austin - A placeholder for better WRs later. He shouldn’t suck
OT Colin Hampton - Fresh off an All Pro year and a new contract as a reward. Don‘t suck
OG Lewis Scott - Also fresh off a new contract, and had an All Pro year two years ago
C Harvey Stone - The rook will get a chance to shine
OG Calvin McWilliams - As will this one
OT Mack Volz - Largely developed now, can he improve on a solid rookie performance?
P Bennie Bridges - Awesome
K Darrin Maloney - Also Awesome
DE Gus Arellano - The man, the plan
DT Marvin Solymos - Extended contract by three years, and he‘s 30, so will he lose a step?
DT Ike Cochrane - Meh
DE Erik Koplitz - Get better please
LB JT Schlereth - Not that hot
LB Raymond Donovan - Last years DRotY for the league - let’s see improvement!
LB Benjamin Hampton - Although greener than Clay Stepp, he has much better potential
CB Bob Pearson - Older, and wiser
CB Roderick Hatcher - Younger and faster
S Dean Dawkins - Ancient
S RJ Baxter - I extended a contract in hope, now show that my faith was well place
KR/PR Dean Graham and Gilbert Garritano

Old 09-10-2011, 08:46 PM   #967
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

What does the league think?

THE best QB
THE best RB
THE best FB
2nd best TE
17th best WR
10th worst C
11th best OG
11th best OT
THE best P
THE best K
5th best DE
4th best DT
3rd worst LB
4th best CB
THE best S

Old 09-10-2011, 08:46 PM   #968
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The only issues I have with this roster are WR, LB and maybe a better DE to pair with Gus. This is a great roster. HOF players at the QB, RB, TE, K, CB positions right now, and probably the S. Other players that are on the parabola might include Roderick Hatcher. Other than that, I don’t see any others right now. There is no Ross Matthews or Bert Curtain or Marty Brennan.

In the last 45 years, only three computer generated DTs have made the Hall, and the worst had 5 All Pros. Marvin Solymos won’t be making that group. Lots of DEs have but Gus Arellano needs to step up his sack game. Only one P has made it, despite lots of good ones I’m sure. 7 LBs are in (including one of my own, Quinn Burroughs).

I could have 7 HOF players on my team right now (Hatcher, High, Hall, Rivers, Maloney, Pearson, Dawkins). I like this group of O Line, and I’d love to see one or two start to dominate the All Pros. Who knows what could happen with Mitch Waterman, but its way too early for WRs - they need consistency. You can make it in, it’s just consistency that’s needed. (I have three - Marvin Graham, Donald Wagner and Jerome Baker).

Only 7 RB have made it in, and I have three - Grady Pender, Ralph Barrett and Heath Shepherd. Three is no question that Jake Duffy and Albert Hall will be in as well.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #969
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

As a Reminder, here are my HOF players, in order of drafted:

Lone Stars:

RB Troy Santoro (Not in league, just in team HOF, was traded to Chicago at end of rookie year, franchise RB for them)
QB Jerome Allard (Not in League, HOF, just in team HOF)
WR Marvin Graham - the consensus best WR of the past 45 years. Holder of many records
CB Clarence Hudson
CB Jack Huntley
QB Tony Clements

Rail Runners:

DT Ross Meadows - The first draft pick of Albuquerque’s expansion team
TE Ed Gardener
CB Leon Morabito
WR Donald Wagner
S Eric Carlson
RB Heath Shepherd
WR Jerome Baker
C Marty Brennan - Most KRB in a career to this day 515
S Travis Westbrook
LB Quinn Burroughs - Got All Pro with me in Albuquerque and Richmond

Rattlesnakes:

RB Ralph Barrett
RB Grady Pender
CB Rufus McGowan
C Jesse Tate
CB Jessie Pirtle

Highlanders:

DE Bert Curtain - May favorite player of all time, the ultimate overachiever
CB Mercury Greene
TE Brant Carman
S Derek Long - Only for Team HOF
RB Maurice Carlisle - Only for Team HOF
XX XXX XXXXXXXX - He is in the Team HOF and will be inducted in the national one in two years. He is the only game generated player to make it in with 100% of the vote.

Players that spent more than one year on my team as starters, in the HOF:

CB Samari Rolle
CB Sam Madison
LB Ray Lewis
K Olindo Mare
DE Phil Lee
S Tyrone Rexin
K Claude Johnson
QB Ernest Mayes
DE Christian Torres

Some of these I made. While on my Snakes team Rexin was DPotY, Claude got all of his All Pros with me, Ernest Mayes was one of my Super Bowl regulars and a franchise QB for ages. You get the idea. These days, I have just my draftees and perhaps a one year patch here or there when necessary.

I have had other - DE Brock Woods came in as a patch one year, for example. But I want careers we contributed to.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:10 PM   #970
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2046 Huntington Highlanders Schedule

Week 1 - Bears
Week 2 - Lions
Week 3 - JAGUARS
Week 4 - Steelers
Week 5 - RAVENS
Week 6 - TITANS
Week 7 - BYE
Week 8 - STEELERS
Week 9 - Ravens
Week 10 - CHIEFS
Week 11 - Titans
Week 12 - Jaguars
Week 13 - VIKINGS
Week 14 - Bengals
Week 15 - Broncos
Week 16 - BILLS
Week 17 - BENGALS

Old 09-10-2011, 11:32 PM   #971
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My old players:

QB Grady High, 15th year in league, Born way back in 2011. (Came out early)
TE Rick Rivers, 11th league, born in 2012
D Dean Dawkins. 11th in league, born in 2014
K Darrin Maloney, 10th year, born in 2015
CB Bob Pearson, 10th year, born in 2016

As you can see, add in Jerry Platt who I just traded, in his 11th year, and these drafts were thick with players who were on my team for a long time.

We go 3-1 in the preseason. I have injuries to Rick Rivers, DT Al Wilson and OG Lewis Scott. All are probable and will play in the season opener.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:58 PM   #972
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 1 - We defeat the Bears 44-17. Rar! We have an injury - Lewis Scott exacerbated his injury due to play and now is doubtful. That’s the risk you take. Albert Hall was Game MVP and the NFL Offensive Player of the Week - 28 carries, 211 yards 1 score; 4 catches, 138 yards, 1 score. That’s incredible! High was 21 of 28, 303 and 3:0. That’s not losing a step! Moe Austin and Mitch Waterman each had TD catches too. Gus Arellano starts with a double sack game. Clyde Nichols, our dimeback, had a pick. OT Mack Volz opens with 5 KRB. I am going to sit out Lewis Scott this week for rookie Dwayne Schlereth.

Week 2 - We barely edge the Cowboys 20-17. Albert Hall is the Game MVP again with 25 carries, 110 yards, 1 score. High goes 1:1 and hits rookie WR William Davidson for a score. DE Erik Koplitz with two sacks. We do have two major injuries. First of all, LB JT Schlereth is out VERY LONG TERM with a dislocated elbow. I am placing him on IR and signing LB Anthony Maddux, from Arizona State, who was a UFA. Clay Stepp will be starting the rest of the year. Second of all, Mitch Waterman is questionable with a hyper extended knee. I will be benching him for Davidson.

Week 3 - We crush the Jags 41-11. Game MVP was Albert Hall with 25, 129, and 2 with a TD catch too. High was 17 for 33, 253 and 2. Moe Austin was 8, 134, and 1. Dean Graham had a PR TD. Clyde Nichols and Bob Pearson with picks. C Harvey Stone already has 10 KRB.

Week 4 - We defeat the 0-3 Steelers with a score of 49-21. Dean Dawkins with a pick, Harvey Stone rocks 6 more KRB. Our Game Mvp was Grady High with 20 of 30, 302 and 3:0 tds. Moe Austin had 6 catches, 101 yards, and 2 scores. FB Ryan Garth caught the other.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:10 AM   #973
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 5 - The one loss Ravens fall 28-15 to us. Hall is Game MVP with 24, 125, 1 score. William Davidson catches a TD ball, rookie Dustin Hazelton catches his first. Pick by Dean Dawkins. Lewis Scott and Mitch Waterman are fully healthy and will return next week.

Week 6 - We win 49-18 over the Steelers but we have another injury. DE Erik Koplitz stretched his knee ligament and is doubtful. Another 6 KRB for Harvey Stone, he has 25 KRB in 6 games as a rookie. If this continues, we are look at a huge season. The most in a season is 51, and he is on a pace to break that. OT Colin Hampton is already at 19, and that’s easily an All Pro pace too. Roderick Hatcher gets his first pick of the season. Albert Hall has his 10th rushing TD. Catching Tds today is Rick Rivers, Mitch Waterman. Good stuff!

Week 7 - BYE. Erik Koplitz is benched for rookie Lonnie Everett.

Week 8 - We sweep the Steelers 42-25. Albert Hall is the Game MVP and NFL Offensive Player of the Week - 27 carries, 104 yards, 5 TDs. High was 29 of 38, 371 and 1. Rick Rivers pulled in the lone aerial score. Glenn Tench and RJ Baxter with picks. While my C was stymied in the KRB game, my OT Hampton notched another 5.

Week 9 - We lose badly to the Ravens 44-10. OT Gino Cassidy is doubtful for a few weeks with a damaged knee. I deactivate him for backup OT Tyrus Hamilton. Everybody had a bad game.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:38 AM   #974
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 10 - We lose again to the 4-4 Chiefs 28-21. Moe Austin caught his 5th score of the season. Mitch Waterman his 4th. It was a weak game.

Week 11 - Back to our winning ways against Tennessee, 34-0. Game MVP was Grady High with 20 for 25, 233 and 2 scores thrown. He also rushed for a score. Dean Dawkins with a third pick. Rick Rivers caught his 3rd and 4th TDs from High.

Week 12 - The Jags fall to us 25 - 16. Game MVP and NFL Offensive Player of the Week Albert Hall led the way with 22 carries, 120 yards, 1 score; 5 catches, 95 yards, 1 score receiving. Marvin Solymos and Albert Hall have been injured, both are probable and will start next week.

Week 13 - The Vikes are creamed as well, 31-3. Albert Hall is Game MVP and NFL OPotW again, 20 carries, 212 yards, 3 scores. Dawkins with his 4th pick of the season. William Davidson catches a TD. DE Koplitz is healed and will start again next week.

Old 09-11-2011, 02:10 AM   #975
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 14 - The Bengals fall 49-18. Grady High is Game MVP with 25 of 29 for 314 and 2 scores. Austin caught one and Hall catches his 4th TD of the season. S Horace Burgess picks and runs it back 45 yards for a score. RJ Baxter does the same 14 yards.

Week 15 - Denver falls 37-13. We have a major injury - C Stone is injured with a hyper extended knee. He is doubtful and will not start. Petkovich will start in his place. DT Ike Cochrane recovers a fumble for a score. Gino Cassidy is back next week.

Week 16 - 37-13 over Buffalo. Albert Hall is Game MVP and NFL OPotW rocking 31 carries, 249 yards and 3 scores. Dawkins and Baxter get picks. Moe Austin has his 8th TD of the season. Next week, if Albert Hall rushes for at least one TD, he will set the record for most rush TD in a season with 26.

Week 17 - We emerge victorious against the Bengals 32-29 with a FG in OT to win it. Hall gets two rushing scores. Hazelton goes crazy and catches 3 scores. On 3 catches. RJ Baxter gets another pick and return for a score.

We finish the season 14-2. We are the #1 seed. The #2 and # seeds are 9-7, Baltimore is 11-5, and we have a 9-7 and 8-8 team in the playoffs for the AFC -a down year for sure. The NFC has three 13 or 14 teams. Green Bay, Dallas and Austin.

Old 09-11-2011, 02:40 AM   #976
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2046 NFL Playoffs:

Wild Card Weekend

Austin over Arizona, 21-18
New Orleans over Washington 32-15
Baltimore over San Antonio 41-9
New England over Jacksonville 35-14

Divisional Weekend -

We split our series with Baltimore early, so having them this weekend is a challenge. C Harvey Stone is probable and will return to the starting spotlight.

We win 24-3, but Stone exacerbated his knee and is doubtful. High is Player of the Game with 17 of 19, 203 and 1.

Oakland upends the New England Pats 44-14.

In the NFC -

Saints beat Cowboys 29-23
Packers beat Tonkawas 31-13

The AFC 2046 Championship

The #1 seed 14-2 Highlanders vs. the #2 seed 9-7 Oakland Raiders

We win 48-10.

QB High was injured and he is questionable for the Super Bowl - but he will play. Hall rushed for 170 yards and 3 scores. Dean Graham was the Game MVP with 2 picks and a KR RET TD.

The Packers defeat the Saints 24-20.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:16 AM   #977
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2046 NFL Super Bowl

Your AFC Champion #1 seed 14-2 Huntington Highlanders from West Virginia

vs.

Your NFC Champion #1 seed 14-2 Green Bay Packers from Wisconsin

The Battle of Equals. Both best teams made it, and both had great years.

The Game Log:

We get the ball, and run and complete a 20 yard pass before the Packers intercept a High pass to Moe Austin. 3 and out for the Pack and they pin us deep on our 7 yard line with a punt. Here is our drive:

Play 1 - Pass to Austin for 17 yards
Play 2 - Pass to Garth for 15 yards
Play 3 - Run by Hall for 11 yards
Play 4 - Pass to Hall for 12
Play 5 - Pass to Davidson for 11
Play 6 - Pass to Waterman for a TD.

Every play was a first down in yards. Nice!

7-0 the score 8:26 in the first quarter

3 and out and we get the ball in nice place- our 33. We go three and out, but Bridges booms the punt 55 yards downfield at their own 9. Boom! Great punt Bridges! A 9 play drive stymies at their 48, and they punt. Our PR Garritano returns it to our 31. End of first quarter

After five players, we have to punt and they have to fair catch at their own 6 yard line. Again, great 47 yard perfectly placed punt, Bridges! They go three and out and we get the ball at their 42, with amazingly great field position. Unfortunately, Green Bay’s defense strengthens and they sack High twice. We finish the drive at our own 48. Our punt is a touchback. Ah well, we couldn’t get three inside the 10 in three consecutive punts I suppose.

With more than ten minutes on the clock, Green Bay begins their man drive of the game. 16 players later, and with 1:25 on the clock, they score a TD run up the middle for 6 yards. 7-7. We try a quick drive, but a pass to Rivers is picked off. They manage two plays and get in long FG position with 5 seconds on the clock and manage a 45 yard FG just before the half and it’s suddenly 10-7 them.

7 Green Bay plays open the second half, but they have to punt and we get the ball on our own 8. 9 plays later, and with three drive sustaining passes to Rivers, Hall and Rivers, we have 4th down on their 43. Tough. We punt to their 12, and they go 7 plays and punt, but their punt is blocked by our player - CB Nichols gets in their for us! We get the ball at their 42.

Our drive:

High, incomplete pass to Davidson, hurried by GB
High to Austin, 8 yards
Hall up the middle for 4 yards, KRB by OG McWilliams
Hall up the middle for 7 yards, KRB by RB Bellando
END OF 3RD QUARTER
Hall run off tackle, left, for 12 yards. KRB by OG Scott.
High, pass to Hall, dropped
Hall, run up the middle for 11 yards, score TD! - KRB by Scott

14-10 us

They go 5 and out. We get the ball at our 26, with 11:36 on the clock.

9 plays, a High pass to waterman for 22 yards, a Hall run for 19, and some other nice things, and Hall runs it in for a score.

21-10 us. The 4th quarter is ours - RAR!

Green Bay gets the ball back with 7:01 on the clock. 3 plays, and then a pass is picked off by Nichols. We go 4 and out, and then try and 54 yard FG, but Maloney misses. 4:14 on the clock, but Green Bay gets downfield to score in two pass plays, and they make a 2 pt conversion attempt 21-18.

They do a regular kickoff. 4 plays later and a simple pass to Waterman is tipped at the line and picked off. With 2:05, they have the ball at their own 37. All they need is a FG to tie. They have plenty of time. Here is the GB drive:

Pass incomplete - 2 minute warning - CB Tench pasdef the ball
Pass completed for 15 yards, tackled by S Horace Burgess. 1:49
Pass overthrown - 1:33
Pass incomplete, DT Wilson hurried the throw, 1:28
Pass under thrown - 1:23
4th down - Pass, sacked, by LB Clay Stepp

And that’s the game

Super Bowl MVP - Albert Hall, with 28 carries, 115 yards and 2 scores

A nice close Super Bowl, that we won - yay!

You could tell GB was close to us, it was a struggle to win this. This easily goes either way.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:24 AM   #978
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Season Awards:

Super Bowl MVP - RB Albert Hall
NFL MVP - RB Albert Hall
NFL Offensive Player of the Year - RB Albert Hall
1st Team All Pro - QB Grady High, RB Albert Hall, FB Ryan Garth, TE Rick Rivers, OT Colin Hampton

Ryan Garth, hello! I like Colin here again. It proves my faith in his professional contract was justified

Other awards of mention:

1st Team All Pro - OT Will Poston, Jets (his 4th),

2nd Team - OG Steve Coffey, Bengals - DT Ian Agrawell, Cowboys - CB Arnold Dorrough, Bucs

Old 09-11-2011, 11:54 AM   #979
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My Peops:

FB Ryan Garth, 1 honor
OT Colin Hampton, 2 honor
OG Lewis Scott, 1 honor
FB Ernie Kinney, 1 honor
WR Pete Waddle, 1 honor
RB Jake Duffy, 21 honors
OT Will Poston, 4 honors, Jets
QB Grady High, 15 honors
OG Steve Coffey, 1 honor, Bengals
OG Donnie Hite, 1 honor
TE Rick Rivers, 9 honors
CB Arnold Dorrough, 2 honors, Bucs
S Dean Dawkins, 3 honors
K Darrin Maloney, 5 honors
DE Sam Walden, 1 honor
CB Bob Pearson, 3 honors
WR Jerry Platt, 1 honor
DT Marvin Solymos, 1 honor
RB Albert Hall, 16 honors
DT Ian Agrawell, 3 honors, Dallas

Old 09-11-2011, 12:59 PM   #980
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Stats:

2nd most rush yards, 6th most passing, the best pass average per throw by far (8.7, 2nd most is 8.1).
11th best rush D, 11th best pass D
A woefully average +3 TO margin, just 32 sacks by my dudes - very low

I had down years in picks and sacks, but I still managed to win with my offense.

Individual Stats:

QB Grady High - 291 of 440, 66.1%, 3943 yards, 29:9 ratio, 107.9 QB Rating, 30 sacks,

What can you say? He’s amazing.

RB Albert Hall, 340 rushes, 1751 yards, 27 rush TD, 64 grabs, 867 yards, 4 rec TD

This was a record setting season for Al. The most rushing TDs in a career is 186 by Jake Duffy. Al has 100 in 5 years. As long as my team features High and Hall, we are set.

TE Rick Rivers, 48 catches, 580 yards, 4 scores
WR Moe Austin, 80 catches, 1133 yards, 8 scores
WR Mitch Waterman, 54, 688, 4

Moe had a very good year for “just a body” - 8th most receiving yards and tied for 7th most TDs. That’s not a bad season at all. It’s probably a Pro Bowl season, if they had those.

S Dean Graham had two returns for Tds in the playoffs and regular season, but also fumbled 5 times. Yuck

K Darrin Maloney, 19 of 25, long of 56, 68 of 69

P Bennie Bridges, 2nd best punting average per punt in the league

Bennie continues to be one of the best punters in the game but without acknowledgement.

DE Gus Arellano, 12 sacks, 5 blocks, 7 hurries
DT Marvin Solymos, 9, 4, and 5

No one else had more than 4.5 again

S RJ Baxter, 78 tackles, 18 assists, 5 picks, 2 ret for TD, 16 pasdef (led the league)
S Dean Dawkins, 72 tackles, 32 assists, 6 picks, 4 pasdef
CB Bob Pearson, 2 picks, 6 pasdef
CB Roderick Hatcher, 1 and 8

RJ Baxter is nice. Dawkins had an acceptable year but my corners stunk it up.

OT Colin Hampton 38 KRB, 5 sacks allowed -most KRB of any OT
OG Calvin McWilliams, 30 KRB and 4 sacks allowed - a very good rookie season
C Harvey Stone, 34 KRB and 5 sacks allowed - another very strong year from a rookie
OG Lewis Scott, 20 KRB and 2 allowed - started 12 games
OT Mack Volz -19 and 2

A very good season for my O Line.

Overall, great season for my offense, meh for my defense.

Old 09-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #981
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Awards:

Offensive Player of the Year: RB Albert Hall - With a record setting year, and another dominant year, Albert is proving himself worthy of interest by many football media and fans. Is he the best RB I’ve ever had? That’s up for debate. Perhaps.

Defensive Player of the Year: S RJ Baxter - I have to admit, that I’m glad to have given him a real contract. He had the 2nd most picks on my team, led the league in an important statistic and led my team in tackles. In fact, the next best pasdef was 13 by former Highlander S Clyde Del Greco. While I am a man who wants tons of picks and All Pros, RJ has shown himself worthy of a place on my team.

Special Teams Player of the Year: S Dean Graham- Both of the returns for scores really helped us win those games, and he has had a good influence on our team. He’ll be leaving, and I’ll try to find a good replacement somewhere.

Rookie of the Year: C Harvey Stone - There were several great choices for this, included OG McWilliams, but Stone reliably and strongly had an incredible year and we are all looking forward to more from the rook.

Records:

With 404 passing TDs, Grady High has set the record for most pass TD in a career

With 27 rush TD, Albert Hall has the most rush TD in a season

Old 09-11-2011, 03:25 PM   #982
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

End of the 2046 Season:

Performance - 100
Value - 93
Profit - 62
Diff - 79

Score - 84

Middle of the Pack Stadium, economy
THE best roster
Tied for best support
4th in financial value

We made 12 million. Despite the increase in ticket prices, our costs increased 30 mill because of coaching costs. One of four stadiums with 100% attendance again.

I look at the population trends. In 2047, the Huntington, WV metro area is bigger than 6 teams - San Francisco’s, Jacksonville’s, Tennessee’s, Green Bays, Carolina’s and New Orleans’s. California got too big 20 years ago, and now her population shrunk massively in several areas. LA is just 6 million in the metro region. Anaheim is 1.8, SF 1.24, San Diego 1.78, Oakland is 1.6. The Pacific Coast is dropping population massively. Earthquakes, droughts and flash fires are not conducive to long term living, when most of America is calm and docile. Texas, Arizona, Nevada, and Utah are the major growth centers. Las Vegas is now 16.8 million and rising. Houston is 51 mill.

Retirements:

None of mine - whew. None of interest anywhere else.

Hall of Fame - None of mine are in. Another of my players has made it to the team HOF and will be making the real one in a few years. Who? Wait and find out!

I have 38 players on my roster, and I think it’s pretty stable. I also have 33 million in play room, so we’ll have to make some adjustments. All of my players are RFAs or signed, so no need for a tag anywhere.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 09-11-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:55 PM   #983
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Free Agency Time:

I have a lot of players of import in their last season:

DE Gus Arellano
QB Grady High
CB Bob Pearson
S Dean Dawkins
LB JT Schlereth
TE Rick Rivers
K Darrin Maloney
DE Erik Koplitz
FB Ryan Garth
CB Clyde Nichols

What to do?

I sign FB Ryan Garth to a three year deal and the same with K Darrin Maloney

Old players - Rivers, Pearson, Dawkins, High, - what do I do with these?

Rick Rivers will be in the HOF. He has a ton more yards than Carman and Gardener. He has more TDs to. I can move Rick without hesitation and know that he will be in soon. I have a good TE on my roster now, so I can move Rick without being forced to draft a backup. I love Rick, but it may be time.

I also have coverage for Bob Pearson, with Quinn on my roster from last year. With coverage, it may be time to move him as well, especially considering a weak season last year.

I trade Rick Rivers to Albuquerque for their 5th round (3) pick.

I trade CB Bob Pearson to the Packers for their 3rd and 7th their year (35)

Dean Dawkins is still playing at a high level. We add another year to his contract. Let’s see what happens.

Grady High has a low cap hit - 37 mill. I’ll keep him there for now.

Because the Jets have no Lbs on their roster, I trade them JT Schlereth for their 2nd this year (13) and 6th next.

I trade Gus Arellano to the Bengals for their 1/6 pick. This is a major move. Why did I do it?

1). Gus, in 5 years, has 12.5, 12.5, 14. 11.5 and 12 sacks. Consistent, but never threatened more.
2). I hope that if he can pick it up elsewhere, he can get some All Pros, and perhaps still has a shot at Canton. He has the skills for it.
3). I NEED Lbs, and there are three greats ones in the draft, the 1(6) should positions me for one of them - if not, there is a stud DE there too - JJ Overhauser, so I know I’m getting goods.

This is the only trade I’ve made thus far that exposes me, but I’m okay with that. Lonnie Everett can be a pass rush specialist.

I trade DE Erik Koplitz to San Diego for their 3rd, 6th and 7th next year. He wasn’t doing much. I know, exposes me in the DE area, but I’m okay with that.

My final trade is CB Glenn Tench for the Titans 3rd and 5th next year. He’s the 4th best CB on my team even after trading Pearson.

I have 86 million in cap room, and I have nothing to do with it. So, I am considering bidding for Will Poston in FA, but he’s too old - While he would certainly be an upgrade from Volz, he’s 36 years old. He signs in week 4 to the Ravens.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:05 PM   #984
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2047 NFL Amateur Draft

Holy Crap! I am offered the 1/1 pick for CB Roderick Hatcher. If there was a franchise QB I’d take it and have him on t he bench a year behind High and then move to him next year. There isn’t.

Is there a true 1/1 out there in any position? Only DE , and I am hoping to get DE or LB at the 1/6 place. Maybe I can trade for it, and then trade it for a ton of stuff. Hmm. Nah, it’s too risky. I already moved one of my starting CBs, let’s not move the other.

I need:

QB, TEx2, RBx2, WRx2, C, OG, OT, DEx3, LBx2, CBx2, S

Of those, these are the starters I need: LB, DE, and then nothing. I could take a lights out LB, OT, WR, TE, or CB as well.

The 1/1 pick is DE JC Gaylor, from Cal, going to Richmond. DE Overhauser goes next, then OT, RB and RB. Awesome!

There are two Marty Graham level receivers in this draft. DT Dennis Hatcher looks like Ross Meadows.

But I can get the studliest LB on the board, and that’s too tempting to pass up.

Here is the guy I want:

LB Joseph James, LA Tech, Pots of 100, 90, 88, 83 with 85 endurance. That’s majestic. Let’s look at the others:

LB Jamal Jeffrey, Az State, 86, 96, 91, 87 77 endurance. Very nice indeed.

LB Stan Pettigout, Iowa, 82, 83, 85, 87, 58 endurance. Also quite nice.

Yeah, a studly WR would rock, and yeah. A study DT would too. I have to go with Joseph.

My picks arrives at 1/22. I have basically 3 options. A great but not Marvin Graham WR, the 5th best LB in the draft but still good (green and raw though), take TE Reggie McGriff. He’s better than my guy, but not on the level of my HOF three. I think we go BAP of these, and that‘s actually LB Geoff Drake, with pots of 61, 82, 87, 88, and 87 endurance.

My pick in the 1st arrives and my studly WR is still there, but I need a DE and basically one is left that I really want. Need or BAP? I go with the best player and I take Hightower. My DE is there at 2/13 so I take him then.

I grab a really good OT at the end of two - Rickey Forbes.

At the end of three, I have tow picks, and I grab QB Ian Sawyer and the BAP DT Alonzo Dasilva - I think he fell, he looks like a good 2nd round DT.

1/6 - LB Joseph James, LA Tech, 4.8/8.4
1/22 - LB Geoff Drake, Texas, 4.4/4.7
1/36 - WR Donald Hightower, Akron, 3.9/5.7
2/13 - DE John Cook, Howard, 4.0/5.2
2/36 - OT Rickey Forbes, Indiana, 2.6/4.9
3/35 - QB Ian Sawyer, PSU, 3.5/5.2
3/36 - DT Alonzo Dasilva, Temple, 3.7/3.7
4/36 - RB Bert Rodriguez, Youngstown State, 3.5/4.0
5/3 - TE Tommy Donaldson, LA-Lafayette, 5.4/5.4
5/36 - CB Randall Blackwell, Nebraska, 2.7/3.4
6/34 - C Chad Briggs, Jacksonville, 2.7/3.1
6/36 - WR Dale Tate, Hawaii, 3.0/3.2
7/35 - S Harvey Roney, Minnesota, 2.1/2.7

Harvey is a KR/PR specialist

We have 45 players on our roster. Let’s look to UFA

OG Cornelius Gerbasi, Nebraska
TE Rick Woodard, Mississippi State
RB Alvin Cortez, Illinois
DE William Sies, Fresno State
DE Emmitt Richard, Hampton
CB Fred Hesse, Syracuse

I have a ton of depth at the DT position. I’m thinking about moving Ike Cochrane. All five of my DTs can start. Why not move one? I trade Ike Cochran to the Vikes for their 1st next year. I have afull roster, but two spots, so le me grab two more UFAs

FB RJ Schreiber, Memphis
WR Rex Cassidy, Stephen F Austin

Old 09-11-2011, 06:37 PM   #985
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Camp:

We sold out of our season tickets

Rookie Lookie:

LB Joseph James, 49/90 - YEAH! No Busts here!
WR Donald Hightower, 59/83
LB Geoff Drake, 34/72 - Potentials ebbed a bit, but still startable (man to man dropped 15, run defense 5)
OT Rickey Forbes, 24/63
DT Alonzo Dasilva, 38/60
DE John Cook, 36/57
CB Randall Blackwell, 28/53
C Chad Briggs, 19/45
RB Bert Rodriguez, 42/42
TE Tommie Donaldson, 30/42

WR Dale Tate 27/42
QB Ian Sawyer, 22/42 - busted

7 players have an excellent or higher, two kickers, my two new dudes, CB Quinn Vasilatos, S Dean Dawkins and Grady High.

Jamal Jeffrey busted. Pettigout massively busted. I’m glad I got my man.

I sign UFA DT Cornell Clayton of Baylor. He boomed and no one signed him. He’s about on the level of Dasilva, but greener.

With the signing of the boomed Cornell Clayton, I trade Warren Bauer to the Lions for next year;s 3rd and 7th.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #986
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2047 Huntington Highlanders

QB Grady High - Is this his last season?
RB Albert Hall - In Hall we trust
TE Maurice Sporzynski - A change of the guard
WR Mitch Waterman - Please play well, k thx
WR Donald Hightower - The rookie, the man
OT Colin Hampton - Two All Pros in a row - very sexy. Three? Dominating.
OG Lewis Scott - Injured last year, but still was solid, let’s get back to form
C Harvey Stone - Very good
OG Calvin McWilliams - Also very good
OT Mack Volz - Barely beat out rookie Rickey Forbes - this is Forbes next year
P Bennie Bridges
K Darrin Maloney
DE Lonnie Everett - Pass rush specialist, and that’s a good thing
DT Marvin Solymos - The man in the middle, of everything
DT Al Wilson - Let’s see what he can do with a starting season
DE John Cook - A bit green under the ears, but with a solid potential
SLB Geoff Drake - My coaches wanted Benjamin Hampton to start - nope
MLB Raymond Donovan - Almost fully developed, but not exactly what you would call hot
WLB Joseph James - To him who much is given, much is expected.
CB Roderick Hatcher - Weak year last year, please return
CB Quinn Vasilatos - Ready to start, and hopefully will dominate
S Dean Dawkins - Long in the tooth but hopefully not on the field.
S RJ Baxter - Yay!
KR/PR Harvey Roney - Will a change of the guard work?

Old 09-11-2011, 09:04 PM   #987
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

What do others say?

The 2nd best QB
The 2nd best RB
THE best FB
13th worst TE
8th best WR
9th best C
3rd best OG
9th best OT
2nd best P
THE best K
3rd worst DE
4th best DT
15th worst LB
4th best CB
THE best S

Old 09-11-2011, 09:26 PM   #988
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Players with Pro Contracts:

Grady High
Albert Hall
Ryan Garth
Lewis Scott
Colin Hampton
Darrin Maloney
Bennie Bridges
Marvin Solymos
Dean Dawkins
RJ Baxter

Yeah, we added Garth, but we dropped Pearson, Avellano, and Rivers.

Who has had an All Pro:

High
Hall
Garth
Scott
Hampton
Bridges
Maloney
Hatcher
Dawkins

9, and that’s 7 non-kickers.

I still have 35 mill available

Old 09-11-2011, 09:42 PM   #989
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2047 Huntington Highlanders Schedule

Week 1 - SAINTS
Week 2 - RAMS
Week 3 - Steelers
Week 4 - JAGUARS
Week 5 - Ravens
Week 6 - Bengals
Week 7 BYE
Week 8 - Jaguars
Week 9 - RAVENS
Week 10 - Lone Stars
Week 11 - BENGALS
Week 12 - STEELERS
Week 13 - Falcons
Week 14 - TITANS
Week 15 - RAIDERS
Week 16 - Patriots
Week 17 - Titans

We finish the preseason 2-2.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:08 PM   #990
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 1 - We take out the Saints 29-7. K Darrin Maloney is the Game MVP with 5 for 5 from FG range. Albert Hall has 24 carries for 124 yards, and High tosses 18 for 28, 221, and 0:1 but he rushes for a score. RJ Baxter gets a pick and a 68 yard ret TD. Roderick and Quinn both get picks too. Both John Cook and Marvin Solymos get two sacks.

Week 2 - 31-3 over the Rams. Hall has three rush Tds and is Game MVP. Mitch Waterman catches the fourth score. LB Joseph James got a pick, his first. We have a major injury. TE Maurice Sporzynski is out for months with broken ribs. I toss him on IR. Rookie TE Tommie Donaldson will start the rest of the year. WR Dustin Hazelton is deactivates due to a questionable status.

Week 3 - The Steelers fall 36-6. We have yet another injury - LB Raymond Donovan has dislocated his shoulder. I deactivate him, promote Benjamin Hampton, and sign LB Jamie Schneider, a 5 year vet who was drafted by me. Darrin Maloney is again the Game MVP with 5 for 5. C Stone has his 10th KRB. Hatcher and LB Ferrari with a pick each. Grady High hits Hightower and Garth for scores. Hall rushes for another score.

Week 4 - We crush-hammer the Jags 35-9. Game MVP is Grady High with 21 of 34, 214 and 2. CB Hatcher had two picks. My two starting WRs caught the two scores (Hightower and Waterman). Ryan Garth rushes for two scores. Bert Rodriguez go a third while spelling a tired Hall. Solymos gets two more sacks. OT Hampton and OG Scott each have 10 KRB. We also have yet another injury - recently signed Jamie Schneider is questionable with a Hip Pointer. CB Roderick Hatcher is questionable. Dawkins probable. Albert Hall questionable. William Davison is questionable too. Lots of injuries.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:30 PM   #991
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 5 - 41-17 over the Ravens. The Game MVP is Grady High with 17 of 25, 225 and 2. Hightower and TE Donaldson caught the TD Passes. Hatcher added a 5th pick. We have no additional injuries of any issue.

Week 6 - We lose 19-21 to the Bengals. Dawkins has his first pick of the season. FB Garth has a 3rd rush TD. Hightower caught a TD pass too. LB Schneider’s injury is now 2-3 months and I toss the recently signed dude on IR.

Week 7 - BYE. And a good time for it too.

Week 8 - LB Donovan is still questionable. So is WR Davison, so I bench him for healed Hazelton. Hall is still injured too. I sign LB Ed Rigot, a UFA from Oregon to a spot on my roster, so I’ll have at least 5 LB available. 48-20 over the 1 win Jaguars. RB Albert Hall is Game MVP with 29 for 124 yards and 2 scores. WR Hightower has 8 grabs, 128 and 2. High was 22 for 30, 261 and 3 scores. Major injury - Joseph James is doubtful. I can’t keep a LB this season. Donovan is probable so I activate him, return him to the MLB position and slide Hampton over to the WLB.

Week 9 - 34-3 over the Ravens. Game MVP was Grady High, 28 for 38, 395, 3 TDs. WR Mitch Waterman 9 catches, 131 yards 1 score. Hightower caught the other two for 7 TDs on the season right now. Dawkins has 2 picks. WR Dustin Hazelton is out for the playoffs with bruised Ribs. I toss him on IR. I sign Moe Austin back to our club and move him to the #3 spot. He’ll help to give us a final push.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:03 PM   #992
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 10 - We crush the two loss Spurs 40-14. WR Donald Hightower is the Game MVP with 9 grabs for 157 yards and a score. High threw 24 for 36 and 399, 2 scores. TE Donaldson caught the other toss. S Harvey Roney got a pick. LB Danny Ferrari is injured. He’s questionable for a few weeks. I sign 4 year man Craig Cox to my roster as a patch.

Week 11 - 42-17 over the Bengals. CB Clyde Nichols is out for a month with a concussion and I activate CB Fred Hesse. Dean Dawkins the Game MVP with a pick and return for a score. Moe Austin grabbed a score. Backup TE Rick Woodard caught another.

Week 12 - The Steelers fall 30-11. 31 of 54, 326 and 2 scores for Game MVP High. Hightower catches them both for his 9th score. Marvin Solymos got his 10th sack. Both RJ Baxter and Quinn Vasilatos have picks.

Week 13 - Game MVP and NFL Defensive Player of the Week Dean Dawkins grabbed 2 scores and a INT RET TD. Hightower has his 10th score and is now over 1000+ rec yards. TE Donaldson has his 3rd TD grab. LB James will return next week.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:53 AM   #993
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 14 - We drop a game to the Titans 14-33. Hightower had 9, 158 yards and a score. High rushed for a score. RJ Baxter and LB Geoff Drake are questionable. We’ll start them both.

Week 15 - 42-36 over the Raiders in OT. Game MVP is Grady High with 26 for 37, 424, 1 score. Hall has two scores on the ground. Ryan Garth has two as well. His 9th! Waterman caught a score too. Dawkins with his 7th pick. RJ Baxter is doubtful and benched for Jorge Galvan.

Week 16 - We lose to the Pats 20-17. Hall was 12 for 108 and a TD. The rest was boring.

Week 17 - We crush the Titans 36-6. Game MVP is Darrin Maloney with 5 of 5 again. Solymos has 2.5 sacks. Hall has 18 carries., 102 yards, 1 score. Clyde Nichols gets a pick.

13-3, with the #1 seed. The Bengals, btw, are 12-4, and we came that close to losing the AFC Central.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:03 AM   #994
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2047 NFL Playoffs

Wild Card Weekend:

Buffalo over Seattle 35-17
Cincinnati over Kansas City 28-18
Philadelphia over Dallas 27-11
New Orleans over Austin 40-7

Only RJ Baxter will miss next week’s game due to injury.

Division Weekend:

We are facing the 2nd best team in the AFC - the Bengals. And the little bastards beat us - 10-28. We’ve got a new divisional rival now!

San Antonio takes out the Bills 34 - 31 in OT
Green Bay over Philadelphia 41-18.
Washington over New Orleans 35-10.

Championships:

Cincinnati over the San Antonio Lone Stars, 35-14
Green Bay over Washington 22-17

The 2047 NFL Super Bowl:

Your #4 seed 12-4 Cincinnati Bengals

Vs.

Your #1 seed 12-4 Green Bay Packers

Cincinnati - 42
Green Bay - 28

Well, at least we kept it in the division…

Old 09-12-2011, 01:23 AM   #995
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Season Awards:

All Pro 1st Team - QB Grady High, FB Ryan Garth, WR Donald Hightower, C Harvey Stone, K Darrin Maloney, DT Marvin Solymos, S Dean Dawkins

All Pro 2nd Team - OG Calvin McWilliams, OG Lewis Scott, OT Mack Volz,

Holy Crap Line Offensive Line! 4 of my players made it, and the one who didn’t got it last year! Yay Solymos getting a second, Dawkins getting a nod, and Garth and High still here. Hightower rocked as well as a rookie. This is a great statistical year for any non-Albert Hall player.

Other Players:

1st Team - DE Gus Arellano, Bengals (see, the plan worked), DT Ian Agrawall, Dallas

Old 09-12-2011, 01:28 AM   #996
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My guys:

WR Donald Hightower, 1 honor
C Harvey Stone, 1 honor
OG Calvin McWilliams, 1 honor
OT Mack Volz, 1 honor
FB Ryan Garth, 2 honors
OT Colin Hampton, 2 honor
OG Lewis Scott, 2 honors
FB Ernie Kinney, 1 honor
WR Pete Waddle, 1 honor
RB Jake Duffy, 21 honors
OT Will Poston, 4 honors, Jets
QB Grady High, 16 honors
OG Steve Coffey, 1 honor, Bengals
OG Donnie Hite, 1 honor
TE Rick Rivers, 9 honors
CB Arnold Dorrough, 2 honors, Bucs
S Dean Dawkins, 4 honors
K Darrin Maloney, 6 honors
DE Sam Walden, 1 honor
CB Bob Pearson, 3 honors
WR Jerry Platt, 1 honor
DT Marvin Solymos, 2 honors
RB Albert Hall, 16 honors
DT Ian Agrawell, 4 honors, Dallas
DE Gus Arellano, 1 honor, Bengals

Old 09-12-2011, 01:34 AM   #997
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Stats:

2nd most rushing yards, 4th most passing yards, 4th best passing average
4th fewest rushing yards allowed, 18th fewest passing yards allowed
+16 TO margin, +18 sack margin 21 v 39

Individual Stats:

QB Grady High, 307 of 408, 61.6%, 3877 yards, 26:13, 92.3 QB Rating, 19 sacks, 3 rush TD

Not a bad year for others. I’m not sure that it was All Pro 1st Team, but then again WR Hightower should’ve been Offensive Rookie of the Year and was robbed. It looks like his stats are slowing a bit.

RB Albert Hall, 271 rushes, 1311 yards, 4.8 average, 15 scores, 36 grabs, 393 yards, 2 rec TD

Even a down year of Albert Hall is a good year. It wasn’t an All Pro year, but this worked. Behind 4 All Pro seasons on the O Line, I feel that this is a low rush stat total, but wait:

FB Ryan Garth, 141, 496, 9; 9, 94, 2.

Eleven TDs for a Fullback? That’s weird. It worked, but it’s weird.

WR Donald Hightower, 99 grabs, 1459 yards, 11 scores
WR Mitch Waterman, 77, 955 and 6
WR Moe Austin, 32, 470, 2

The most yards for a WR and the 2nd most scores for one. That’s a rookie season, Hightower. Moe was the third WR for half a season and looked nice. We came close to the double 1000 receiver season. I’m very happy here.

S Harvey Roney had the 6th best KR return in the league among qualifiers.
K Darrin Maloney, 37 of 41, long 56, 58 of 58.
P Bennie Bridges, 6th best P Avg in league

Good stuff by Maloney and Harvey Roney too.

DT Marvin Solymos, 15 sacks, 1 block, 9 hurries, 2 fumrec
DE John Cook, 6 sacks, 2 and 3

Cook started hot, but dropped. Solymos did not. This is his best year.

S Dean Dawkins, 78 tackles, 9 assists, 1 sack, 7 picks, 6 pas def, 2 INT RET TD, 2 fumrec
CB Roderick Hatcher, 6 picks, 8 pasdef, 1 ret TD

Quinn and Baxter each had just two picks. Yuck. Hatcher at least, came back.

OG Calvin McWilliams, 34 KRB, 3 sacks allowed
C Harvey Stone, 32 and 2
OG Lewis Scott, 30 and 3
OT Mack Volz, 27 and 3
OT Colin Hampton, 23 and 5

The small number of sacks allowed, in combination with the good KRB gives my guys the edge in awards season.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:44 AM   #998
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Awards:

Offensive Player of the Year: FB Ryan Garth - 11 Touchdowns for a Fullback? Are you kidding me? This is crazy. Sure, I should be looking for an O Lineman or a certain receiver, but this is crazy. I’ve never had a FB with this many TDs ever.

Defensive Player of the Year: DT Marvin Solymos - 15 sacks from a DT is also crazy. In a season with weak D Line play, uneven LB play (from an injury plagued corps) and hit and miss from my DBs, Solymos was the constant. Great job Marvin!

Special Teams Player of the Year: K Darrin Maloney- With a league leading 37 FG and a massively awesome percentage (37 of 41? Come on!) Maloney again showed dominance. This is his 5th All Pro year. He has kicked 345 FGs in 11 years. The career is 552. With a long career, he has an outside shot at it.

Rookie of the Year: WR Donald Hightower - There is no contest in making this our decision. It was a Marvin Graham - esque season. If he can sustain this, wow. Of course, remember that I had no Rick Rivers or Brant Carman or Ed Gardener at the TE position. It was a down year for Hall receiving as well. With lesser competition for the ball, Hightower flourished -but what about later? And what about the next QB we get?

Heart Award: OT Mack Volz - I don’t even like Mack, and there’s a backup OT on the roster slotted for his position next year. Despite a weak skill set, Mack did well enough to get an All Pro nod, and that’s really crazy when you think about it. How does an OT with a current run blocking of 47 get 27 KRB? With a current Pass blocking of 62, he allowed only 3 sacks? He rolled this year. You have got to love that.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:08 PM   #999
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Records:

Grady High continues his Most Passing Tds in a Career stat. He’s now at 430. If he retires, we’ll look at his stats in more detail.

End of 2047 Season:

Performance - 90
Value - 89
Profit - 57
Diff - 78

Total 78

Middle of the Road Stadium, Economy
The best roster
Tied for best support
6th most valuable team

We lost 47 mill last year

(No AFC Championship Game hosting)

One of four franchises with a 100% attendance

Old 09-12-2011, 09:24 PM   #1000
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hall of Fame -

Jim Ackerman, Michigan, 100% of the vote - only Favre and McNabb had similar %, 16 years played, 12 All Pros, 9 of which were 1st Team, 90 picks - the most in a career, 865 tackles, 288 assists

Another player has made it to the team HOF, and he will be in the NFL one and get 100% of the vote.

Grady High has not retried

Retirements of note:

C Archie Galloway

I designate Grady High a franchise player after the staff hiring period. I massage ticket prices up.