Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #251
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Barty voted as the Player of the Year for the fans

Many contracts upgrade since we were promoted. Our scouting range is upgraded to the whole world. We get 50 million in money. I agree to battle against relegation as my task.

Time to arrange some friendlies.

I offer Malaga here. We also arrange Nantwich and Quorn away. I ask for a feeder team - they agree and offer me a chance to pick a specific club, which I agree to - I look for a good feeder. I ask for KMSK Deinze, a 2nd League Belgian club.

We are given odds of 2000-1 for winning. We are predicted to finish 19th.

My fitness coach is 5 stars, the other new ones are four and a half stars. I make offers to two youth coaches as well.

Landon Donovan has announced, again, he is retiring from international play. I allow it. He 33 year old just is not playing like he used to. His stats are beginning to erode. Bocanegra is retiring period in is a few days. I move Bradley to captain and Dempsey as vice. My players and the public like the choice of Bradley.

Johnstone moves to West Ham for 600,000.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #252
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

It is 1 pm on June 30, the most important day of the day. Everybody has been set free, and now I need to find my next team.

I make offers to some big names, and hope that we can become their new home. I make offers to Gabi, Joe Cole, and others. I tried to get Gabi to a two year deal, but he only wanted one. Still, that would be an awesome pickup for us. Cole is also offered a one year deal, but as he is 33, that’ my intent. There’s a good GK out there, Ben Amos, and I compare J. Delle and him. Delle is +6 balance +1 acc and agi, -2 fitness, +5 stamina, +2 strength. -5 communication, +1 first touch, -2 handling, +1 one on ones, -1 reflexes, +3 tendancy to punch, -1 throwing. +6 aggression, +1 anti, +3 brave, +3 composure, +3 concnetratin, +4 creativ, +2 decisions, +1 determination, +4 flu, -1 position, +2 team work, +2 work rate

Delle is physically a tad better, technically a tad worse, and mentally better. No reason to slide to Amos.

I make an offer to 25 year old Argentinian/Spaniard Eduardo Salvio – let’s hope that works. Salvio, Cole and Gabi would massively amp my midfield. Salvio is also a solid striker.

Anyway, I want DC and ST now. Who are my options?

I make an offer to an older DC, English fellow named Joleon Lescott. He could be a nice patch for a year or two. I make an offer to Joe Murphy, Irish 33 year old GK as my backup. Okay, let’s go forward a tad.

It’s July 1st, some scouting reports have come back and there s a 19 year old Romanian DC I like. I keep him on my radar, while I try to find someone else I like.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #253
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We host Egypt in a USA Friendly today, let’s do that right now. Acuna starts from Altidore. I call up Spector. I begin standard. Altidore takes a shot iin the 6th, it rebounds off their keeper falling to Acuna, who buries it for a goal at the 6:31 mark. They have a corner, which we clear to Jozy, and he charges the length of the court, lobs the keeper, and scores in the 10th minute. In the 36th, Williams injures an Egyptian player and they are subbed out. Half time. I tell them they are doing well, keep it up. 2nd half. Castillo injure a player and he has to go off in the 50. Williams gets a yellow. I make some subs – Williams out, Bradley in, I forgot to put him in for Bedoya. Dempsey out, Pontius in, and that’ it for now. At the 68, I pull Soares for Gonzalez and Bedoya for Torres. Finally, at the 76, I pull Shea for F. Johnson and Castillo for Heath Pearce. Pearce nails a yellow. We win 2-0. Altidore is MOM. Well done.

I let go my U20 coach for the USA and offer it to Carlos. He accepts. Murphy signs with us as a backup GK. A team had made an offer to my youth Romanian prospect, so I make him an offer to. On the 4th, Joe Cole signs with us. Fans are happy. My Romanian agrees to come to us, but we await a work permit being granted.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #254
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Time for the N Korea match. I made sure Bradley is starting. North Korea I America on the 4th of July. It’s symbolic and stuff. I begin controlling. Chandler with a nasty deep cross to Altidore in the box and Jozy scores in the 26th minute. Half time. Chandler a yellow. Subs – Chandler 4 Johnson, Altidore for Pontius, and Bradley for Davis. Shea hits Pontius driving, for a score in the 68th minute. Subs – Acuna for Adu, Bedoya or Williams, Spector for Soares. They score a header off a ifk at the 79th minute. Johnson gets a yellow. We win yay. Chandler MOM

Old 10-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #255
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Back to Crewe for a bit. On the 6th, Joleon Lescott signs with us. Work permit for my Romanian DC was denied, so I appeal. Probably will lose.

Back to USA for Copa America. Today we play Ecuador. I make no changes to my roster of significance. I begin standard. Acuna gets a score in the 3rd minute. Ball lose in their area, Shea bops it to Acuna for the score. Lots of pressure by us after, but nothing. Then they get some in the late 30s and 40s but nothing. Half time. My first subs are a tired Acuna for Adu and it took 7 minutes for that sub to occur – I told them at 68 and it happened at 75 – very late. I make another here. Bradley for Torres. Final sub Dempsey for Fab. Johnson. Game – we win. Shea is MOM.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #256
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

If we win the Peru game today, we get out of the place. Argentina beat Peru. If we win, then nothing Peu does against Ecuador will matter, if we tie, we’re in a bad place. Peru has Ecuador in game 3 but we have Argentina. That’ a loss waiting to happen. Here we go. I begin standard. Chandler gets a yellow in the first two minutes. Soars picks up one too. Williams gets one in the 32nd minute. Shea gets one before the half. I tell the lads to tackle easy. My first sub is Williams for Bedoya. Jozy grabs a yellow. I sub out Chandler for Pearce. Final sub, Shea for Adu. Acuna with a yellow. In the 89th minute, Adu crosses to a closing Dempsey and Dempsey scores! We win. Dempsey is MOM

Old 10-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #257
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My appeal goes through and I pay 1.2 mill in compensation to Dinamo Buc to sign my DC. We get the link with Deinze. A lot of offers have come through for Gabi and another player I liked. Assuming they go elsewhere, who are my next choices?

Let’s look at my new players first:

MC, AM RCL Joe Cole, 33, English, Homegrown, 15k/week, 1.2 mill. 13/12 speed, 15 pas 13 cross, 16 first touch, technique, 15 drib – also 15 corners, 12 penalties. 16 work rate, determination, decisions, 15 creativity, flu, anticipation, 14 otb flair, teamwork. Just here for one year. Light-Hearted, spearks French too

I make Joe Cole my new captain

DC Joleon Lescott, 32, English, Homegrown, 28k/week, 1.8 milll value, Started for Man City for years, as well as Everton and Wolves, started eight seasons with 20 or more games in the EPL. Rating in the 6.77, 6.93 and 6.96 area. He’s a guy for a year for me. 17 head, 15 jump, 14 mark, 16 tack, 11/12 pace, 16 str, teamwork, determin, 15 work rate position, bravery, Resilient .

DC Victor Iordache, 19, Romanian, Ambitious, 1.2 mill value, 11.5k/week. Contract through 2018. I work on his speed in training. 11/11 speed 16 head and jump, 15 mark, 12 tack, pass, 17 stam, 12 stren, 14 anticipation, determi, 12 decision, work rate, position, bravery, concentration. Needs work, had to sign to rotation deal instead of hot prospect I wanted. Expect some play, but not a lot. Gives me 5 DCs for DC spot – Barty starter Lescott starter, start either Gromstad and Mbemba and this guy rotationally a needed. All three are on rotation deals.

GK Joe Murphy, 33, Irish, Homegrown, 8.75k/week, 475k; Balanced. Not super great. The best GK I could find willing to sign a backup contract. Just here for a year. Slow too. Worse than Delle by far. Delle is given 3.5 stars by my coach, and Murphy 2.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #258
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Cole:

Lescott:

Murphy:

Old 10-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #259
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I’m happy with my DC and GK. For now, let’s steer clear of ST until I see how my new guy plus Salku and Wood works. My middies on squad are Cole, Nijland, Murphy, Lansbury and Battaglia. I need at least one more starting quality one to rotate and probably two. Let’s focus on those.

I doub Gabi or my other guy, Salvio, will sign Gabi has ten offers including three major Spanish clubs. Salvia has Villereall and Inter making offers.

Options – Jacques Maas, 23, Dutch, Basiktas, my scouts feel it would take roughly 3.2 mill to dislodge him, 17/16 pace, plays – has 19 crossing but 10 passing. 14 stamina, 18 fitness, and so forth. Have to immediately train in passing. Nahit Kaygusuz, Dutch, 21, out feels 5 mill, DMC, 18/16 speed, jut 12 ass, but strong in everything else. I make an offer for both. Newcastle has already made an offer for Nahit. He doesn’t want o come to me though, my scout lied! I need a second target.

I find an AMR/ST I like instead. I make him an offer , but 7 other club already have, so I bump my salary offer to him. I make a one year offer to unsigned Italian Simone Pepe. 31 years old, not the youth guy I would like, but he’s really strong.

Salvio sings with Valencia. Pepe joins us. Gabi signs with Alermia. I make Maas an offer

Simone Pepe:

Old 10-05-2012, 11:31 PM   #260
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

USA has moved up to #29 in the rankings. We’ll see if that holds after the Argentina game today. I have some tired folks. Bradley out for Edu and Acuna out for Dempsey moved to the ST spot and Adu there. I give them the underdogs speech, and begin countering. William hits Altidore on the counter and we score in the 11th minute. Then Argentina hits two goals in the 20s, and we hit the half down by one. One of those goals was an OG by Soares. Next half. I pull Hedges in the 56th minute for Pearce. At the 69th, I pull Dempsey for Pontius. At the 78, it’s Castillo out for Johnson. They get a score in the 82nd minute. Game.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:33 PM   #261
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Copa America, 2015

Quarter Finals

Chile vs Colombia
Brazil vs Peru
Argentina vs Mexico
USA vs Uruguay

There’s no easy team in there. Obviously, I’d prefer Colombia or Peru, but there are a ton of bombs for us and we got one. This match will be in four days

Old 10-05-2012, 11:55 PM   #262
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We sign Maas on the 17th. We paid 3.5 mill transfer money for him and we are paying him 35k/week until 2019. I keep my field small. I make an offer to a Dutch scout, Algerian Scout, and South African.

New signees:

MR/AMR Jacques Maas- Asked to work on passing and AMC. 35k/week, 3.5 mill. 17/16 speed, 8 fitness, 14 stamina, 19 crossing, 10 passi, 16 long throws, 15 free kick, 13 drib, tech, 11 first touch, head, 10 long shots. 19 determin, 17 work rate, 15 aggression, 14 otb, teamwork, 13 creative, 12 flair, decision, composure, 11 concentration, 10 anticip, position. Dutch, also speaks English and German. Professional. 23 years old

Start him on MR

AM RL, M RL Simone Pepe – Italian, 42k/week, 2.4 mill. 31 years old. For one year. 15/15 speed, 18 stamina, 16 drib, corners, 15 free kick, 14 pass, tack, 12 mark, cross, 11 tech, penalty, first touch, finish; 20 aggression, work rate, 18 determinatn, 17 brave, 16 anticipation, 15 teamwork, 14 ot, 13 position, conentrat, 12 flair, 11 flu, creativity. Determined

Will start at ML. Pepe give defensive winger, support role.

Cole is in the middle. For our freindlies, we will be starting Wood and Bakenga at the striker spot. We win 3-0 at Quorn for the first friendly. My scouts sign.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:28 AM   #263
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Uruguay game has arrived. We are NOT favored to win this game. Bradley and Acuna back into the lineup. No other changes to the lineup. I begin countering and give the underdog line again. Lots of back and forth, but in the 39th minute, Dempsey is found open by Bradley, moves in, crosses to Altidore, and Jozy scores. Half time. 2nd half. Can we keep the lead or improve on it? Uruguay are pushing hard in the 50s. In the 67th minute, we strike again. Bradley is assisted by Dempsey for a goal. I make two subs Spector in for Castillo and Adu for a very tired Shea who must’ve been hit by them, I didn’t notice. I was holding onto my subs for later in case extra time looked possible, but now that we are two up, I make these two subs and hold the other for an emergency. Before my subs are made, theare cancelled in the 74th minute, 5 minutes after I Wanted to make my subs, because Acuna is injured and has to go out. I pull Shea and Pontius for Acuna. They score in the 79th minute off a cross and men forward. Dangereuse. They move to a 4-2-4. Bradley gets a yellow at the 89th. 3 minute of extra time, can we hold on? We win. Bradley is MOM.

The media is praising Isaac Acuna and Brek Shea for helping us get here. Dempsey’s 125 cap. Our next game is Argentina again. Brazil plays Colombia in the other semi final. We play the semi final in two days on the 22nd

Old 10-06-2012, 06:24 AM   #264
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, Crewe signed one last player. I’m shocked he agreed after seeing how many others made offers.

ST/AM R 19 year old Juan Manuel Borrego Paramio, 27k/week, 4.7m value, until 2018. Description, “Wonderkid.” Touted as the next Fernando Llorente. Balanced Was let go by Real Madrid. Weaknesses – 11/14 speed. Strengths – 17 jump, 17 head, 17 finishing. 17 stamina, 15 strength, 14 pass, first touch, free kick, 13 techniq, drib, 11 crossing; 17 work rate, 15 otb, 14 determin, 13 teamwork, flu, concentration, decisions; 12 anticipation, composure, flair.

Clearly a target man to play alongside of my other guys with an attack role. Currently him and Salku are international. This is my last major signing. Our budget is 310k a week out of 380k per week

Maas is my throw in guy, Wood is still my best PK, and Cole is 2nd, Pepe is my corner with Cole second. Pepe free kick followed by Maas and Paramio. As of right now, Battaglia is my MC along with Cole, Maas Nijland and Pepe. I want someone with more of a defensive nature. I drop David Murphy to first team from key. I move Salku to hot prospect from rotation. I bump the value up of key players I don’t want to sell – Salku, Wood, Delle, Paramo, Bakenga, and Barty.

Tutors and Mentors

Joleon Lescott and Mehdi Avci
Joe Murphy and Nathan Williams
Joe Cole and Justin Taylor
Simone Pepe and Steven Cooney
David Murphy and Erjon Salku
Pieter Mbemba and Soren Schneider
Tor Marius Gromstad and Jean-Jacques Casanova

Old 10-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #265
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our game vs Argentina has arrived. I have some seriously knackered players. Shea is out for Adu. Castillo is out for F Johnson. Acuna, injured in the last match is available for a sub, but Pontius is in his spot. Edu is staring for Williams, but Willaims is available for a sub. Alright, here we go! We begin countering. Good luck lads! Messi nets a goal at the 11th minute mark, but we hold them off until Edu is injured in the 43rd, and I sub him out for Williams. Half time. 2nd half with some seriously tired players. They just injured Johnson, and when he was down, went through him and scored in the 55th. In the 64 I pull Dempsey for Torres. My final sub at the 70 is Davis is for Bradley. Chandler injured in the 81st minute. I put Williams in his spot, Pontius in Williams, Williams in Adu’s and leave Jozy up front by himself. Game. Colombia lost, and it’s Brazil v Argentina in the Final. Chandler and Edu are injured.

We have Colombia in the 3rd place match coming up.

Our new roster – Acuna, Altidore, Howard, Shea, Castillo, Soares, Hedges, Spector, Bradley, Williams, Dempsey. I begin countering. They fouled Altidore in the box and I put on Depsemsey for the pk and we get a score in the 22nd minute. Just before the half, they score back and it’s even at the break. On the other side, we get a yellow for two players, one of which was Spector and the other Howard for arguing with the ref for the card against Spector. Colombia scores in the 55th minute. But then, light in the tunnel, when they get a red card after a striker got a second yellow. I order my folks to move forward, but they are tired from the earlier games I sub three in early, because if we lose one to injury, we still go to 10:10 But alas, we aren’t able to find that last goal to send it to extra time, and we lose 1-2.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #266
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I play one of my Welsh friendlies today. I will take the game myself, since this is a good place to start seeing what I have got. I bring a bunch of youth onto my backups for the game. Salku and Paramio are still on international duty. They are in the U19 World Cup. They will be there for a while, Salku with Germany and Paramio with Spain. This is our Port Talbot match. I am starting Iordache instead of Mbemba or Gromstad to give him some experience. I initiate things by controlling. We have begin very aggressively. After Port Talbot gets two yellows in the first 15, I tell my guys to tackle loosely. A lot of shots, few on target by us. Iordache lobs the ball deep to Wood, who grabs it, lobs the keeper, and scores in the 39th minute. Halftime. I tell them room for improvement, but did well, none responds in any way. We open the second half with a score in the 49th minute. Bakenga crosses to Maas who was coming in off the right side, and Maas drills it for a score. Then Pepe powers one past the GK after begin set up in the 55th minute by Battaglia. I make some subs. On come Jiri Papuga for Joleon Lescott, Justin Taylor for Joe Cole and Soren Schnieder for Jacques Maas. My next subs are ST Dave Lowing for Wood, Stephen Cooney for Stef Nijland. My final subs are Thomas Bates for Bakenga, David Murphy for Simone Pepe, Henri Lansbury for Battaglia, Gromstad for Barty, and Mbemba for Iordache. Lowing gets a pass from Lansbury and drills it in the 81st minute. Game. 4-0 win. MOM is Pepe.

I agree for a high cup bonus and normal league bonus for the team. Our final Welsh match is today, the 29th, against Bala. It’s just two days later, but my people weren’t that tired and I subbed so many of them out, that I make no changes to my starting roster. I control here as well. Cole feeds the ball to Bakenga in the box who scores in the 2nd minute. I move to light tackling here as well. Bakenga gets another score in the 22nd minute after getting a pass from Barty and running it into goal. He gets the hat trick at the 28th minute from a pass by Wood. I pull him for Thomas Bates. Bates gets a score in the 33rd minute from a pass by Wood as well. Bates scores again at 45:12 with a pass from Cole. Half time. I pull back to counter, and sub in Lowing for Wood and Jean Jacques Casanova for Maas. Cole finds Nijland an he fires a long shot at the 52nd minute for goal. I pull Lescott and Pepe for Papuga and Lansbury. More subs – Gromstad for Barty, Mbemba for Iordache, Schneider for Cole, Taylor for Battaglia and Cooney for Nijland. We win 6-0. MoM is Bakenga.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #267
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I hold a trial game. Alright, I want to see about finding a good loan homes for some of my better youth who are not being tutored of have a shot at getting some friendly, low level cup matches, and so forth. A team just made an offer for Joe Gorman for 6 months of first team play. Who else can I loan? I offer some of my 17 year olds out. I offer my youthers out on loans.

The trial game is held and I sign some youth players - one from Qatar. We sign him, fail to get a work permit, and I’m about to loan him to my Belgium feeder, but he fails the medical and my board cancel the deal. I make Tor Marius Gromstad my vice captain.

Today we host Malaga. Same squad. I begin countering. We core in the 3rd minute off a throw in by Maas to Pepe, bak to Maas who swings it to Nijland in the box who bops it to Makenga for the score. Dongou scores on us for them in the 8th minute. Do my fans cheer? I have no idea Half time. I sub out my first folks at the 55 – Gromstad in for Barty, I trade Pepe for Maas and then put in Murphy for Maas. Next subs in the 66th minute – Lansbury for Cole, Mbemba for Lesott. They notch an individual gaol in the 76th after a guy jukes past my defense. I sub in youth players now. I don’t change my defense, just my middies and strikers. Lowing gets a sore in the 80th minute. Schneider brought the ball to him, a few defenders took it away, but he pounced on it and sunk it. David Murphy gives away a penalty in the 93:498 mark, like an idiot, over at the edge of the box. That really pisses me off. They make it and win. We should have tied them.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #268
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Do I need some more players, since our squad is small – with 7 subs in a game, who would we have.? Two strikers, GK, two defenders, and two middies . Or maybe I’d swap a middle in for the GK. My entire first team Is 5 DC, 5 ST if you could Montano, 2 GK, and 7 middies. I may play some more of my quality youth dudes I kept. They’ve done well so far. Especially Papuga, my strikers, and a few others

I compare Cristian Montano with Dave Lowing

Montano is better as -4 acceleratio +1 pace, -3 balance, +2 jumping, -2 stamina, +2 strength. +6 crosing, -1 dribbling, -2 finishing, -7 penalty taking, +5 tackling. +8 aggression, +4 anticipation, -3 brave, +3 composure, -4 concnetration, -1 creative, -3 decisios, -10 determination, +3 flair, +6 flu, +4 otb, +4 teamwork, -1 work rate

Montano is solid. He’s also 23 and unlikely to improve much more. Lowing is 16. If you’ll recall, I had two good strikers come through my academy this year. The other is Thomas Bates. Bates is now as well developed in some areas as Lowing, but he still as 13 drib, 12 finish, 11 head, 16 penalty 11 technique, 9 pass, 110/13 seed, 11 jump, 15 balance, fitness, flu, 14 flair, 13 composure, etc.

I drop Montano to the reserve squad. I signed him as a backup, so I don’t need to make him happy with starts. With Salku, Wood, Paramio and Bakenga, I don’t see a lot of space for a backup striker to get play, especially since all of those players are younger and I want to give them time (they are 19, 22, 19 and 22 respectively). But I think I can get Lowing enough play on a 7 person sub team to merit him there. Expect him to have a place on y permanent squad.

Jiri Paguga is a good defender. 16 tackling 13 mark, 12 pas, 14 head, just a 10/10 speed and only a 9 jump, so he gets outjumpsed . He has some good mentals too. He’s a decent emergency sixth DC. We won’t normally need that, since I’m pretty deep in the DC arena, but when I have one injury and another red card, he might make the backup squad.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #269
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Despite loans and training, Justin Taylor has not developed as I had hoped. He’ll move right back down the reserve squad after the freindlies. Cooney might be a backup sort of player, with his 14/13 speed, 11 cross, 12 pass, 12 drib, 13 techniqu, first touch, and such. He’s a18 and likes the AMC and MC spots. But maybe I can find someone better. Perhaps there is a middlie out there who plays at this level of football a bit more than my youth folks.

A guy who was originally demanding 60k is now much cheaper, and I make him an offer to be a starter for us. His name is Jack Wilshere. I make him an offer of 27k/week and see what happens. He clearly makes my squad batter, but it may upset the harmony of things, because he’d be in Nijland’s spot most likely. Of course, I already have too many first teams and I will be slowly dropping players in status. He signs with us two days later.

Jack Wilshere, 23, English, Homegrown, 27/k week, 8.5 mill contract, no one made him an offer in a month after leaving Arsenal. His ratings for Arsenal, 7.2 in 20 strts last year, 7.11 n 14 the previous one. Plays AM C, AM RL, M RLC. Resolute. Speed 15/15. 16 balance, 15 stam 13 str. 16 pass, drib, 17 technique, 15 first touch, 13 cross 12 long shots, 11 finish, tackling. 17 work rate, otb, determin, 16 flair, decisions creative, composure, anticipation, 15 concentrate, teamwork, 14 aggress, 12 position, 11 flu.
Very good stats across the board, and may come in as my best overall player. I can start him in any of my five middie roles, but I think he’s be really good in Nijland’s AMC spot.

Wilshere:

Old 10-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #270
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

They tell me that the signing of Wilshere is likely to boost jersey sales . Germany U19 makes it out of their stage in the WC U19 style, but Spain loses.

Values of my players heading into 1st EPL season before any games. Values often change as people play well, see Jelle and Wood for examples.

8.5 mill – Wilshere
5.5 mill – Paramio
3.7 mill – Barty
3.5 mill – Lansbury, Maas
3 mill – Nijland
2.9 mill – Battaglia
2.7 mill – Salku
2.6 mill – Delle
2.5 mill – Wood
2.4 mill – Lowing
2.3 mill – Pepe
2 mill – Gromstad
1.6 mill – Bates, Lescott
1.5 mill – Mbemba
1.4 mill – Murphy (David)
1.2 mill – Iordache
1.1 mill – Cole
800k – Bakenga
450k – Murphy (Joe)

I didn’t list the youthers in the sub-1.5 range

We look a lot better than fellow promotees Bolton and Wolves financially.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #271
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We crush Nantwich 7-1 on the road. Final friendly of the season. We draw Barnsley in the League Cup. Iordache just got his first pro cap for Romania at the age of 19.

The Swansea manager just claimed that as long as I was in charge Crewe are destined for relegation. On the other hand, the manager of Bolton thinks we’ll stay up in the press conference. My fake favorite club in this dynasty hates me, and the real favorite likes me. I praise the Bolton manager in the media in return. I attend the presser.

The first game of the season arrives. We travel to Swansea. Perhaps the manager was trying mind games, or perhaps the Chilean manager is jealous of the popularity I’ve gotten in Wales as a Welsh coach taking a team to the EPL. Our starting roster is Delle, Mbemba, Barty, Lescott, Maas, Cole, Battaglia, Pepe, Wilshere, Wood and Bakenga. We charge down and score in the 2nd minute. Battaglia finds Wilshere and he chips the GK for a goal. Then Bakenga grabs a goal at the 10:17 mark. Pass by Wilshere to set him up. Barty get a yellow early. Wilshere a yellow at the 38th minute. Half time. Half 2. Mbemba is injured and I put Gromstad in for him at the 53. Gromstad grabs a yellow. Next sub at the 69, Lansbury in for Cole. Lots of pressure we’ve held off. Final sub at the 81 is Nijland for Wilshere. We hold o and win. Wilshere is MoM. Don’t trash us in the press! I’l take a win in our first EPL match, no problem.

We sold 6682 season tix – Wilshere in team of week.

Old 10-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #272
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our next game is home vs the Wolves. This is very winnable, since we have really improved since we faced each other last year. No changes to our roster or my starters therein. I begin standard. I’d love a win, and I’d be happy with a draw. A loss in my own place to a fellow promote would sadden me as I fight relegation. I hope to be around 15-12. Bakenga scores in the 18th minute. He intercepted a pass by the defenders and scored. We had injured the target of that pass earlier and he was too slow to get it. They get a goal off corner in the 34th. Maas is given the ball deep in the box on the right side by Wood, he crosses back and hard to Wilshere who scores in the 45th minute. Half time, 2-1. Here we go. At the 60, I sub in Lowing for a tired Wood. He just got dinged. My next sub is Iordache for Lescott. Final sub at the 81 is Nijland for Wilshere, who is not match fit, so tires. A goal my Bakenga is called of for offsides in the 86th minute. Mbemba picks up a knock two minutes later. I have to keep him in. Game, we win 2-1. Mbemba is out for two weeks with a strained neck.

You are going to love this. Ready? The World Cup U 20 style is over. The finals were U20 Germany vs U20 Spain. Both of my guys made it all of the way, and Spain won 2-1. Now, here’s the hilarious part. Erjon Salku won the Golden Shoe, for the most goals with 7. Paramio came in second with 5. Paramio won the Golden Ball award. So I have both major awards from the U20 World Cup on my squad!

Old 10-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #273
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our next game is the away Cup match vs Barnsley. I do not suit up Salku or Paramio, to give them a chance to rest. I start Lansbury in Battaglia’s spot. I begin countering to get things started nicely. A lot of activity begins the match in the first 22 minutes, but nothing dangerous for either side until Bakenga gets the ball from Wilshere for a score in the 27th. Six minutes later he scores again, pass by Maas to set him up. They net a score before the half. 2nd half begins. 1st sub in the 60. Wood pulled for Lowing. Wilshere gets a score in the 65th minute from a long shot that sinks. Pepe sinks a direct free kick in the 67th minute I sub in Jiri Papuga for Gromstad. Might as well, since we’re up 4-1. Maas gets a yellow in the 75th, so I yank him for Nijland, who switches with Wilshere. So Wilshere on the right flank as such. IFK by Pepe score by Barty in the 77th. I tell the lads to tackle nicely. On a break, Bakenga has he ball, drives down hard, hoots, the ball recoils off their GK and falls to Lowing who puts it away for a score in the 84th minute. We win 6-1 against a team in the Championship. Nice. Bakenga MOM.

Old 10-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #274
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Totteham offer me an AMAZING 19 year old middie for 4.83 mill. He’s worth 4.8 mill. Hes Scottish and unhappy with not getting played, and can see why. Here he is:

20 – Determination
18 – Corner, Penalty, Work Rate, Jump, Stamina
17 – Balance, OTB
16 – Pace, Acceleration, Crossing,
15 – Agility, Anticipation, Composure
14 – Fitness, Creative, Position, First touch, Mark, Pass
13 – Head, Free Kick, Decicions,
12 – Tackling, Teamwork, Flu
11 – Finishing, Long Shots, Technique, Brave
9 – Flair
8 - Dribbling
5 – Aggression
4 - Long Throws

That is every stat. That is incredible for a 19 year old guy that I could pick up for 4.8 mill. I could start him in Battaglia’s spot, and with 18 stamina, I see this guy as a great box-to-box guy. With finishing and to defensive stats, he’s strong. Heck, I might train his dribbling! He only plays MC, but I see this guy slotting in very nicely next to Cole. Can I ignore his value to my team?

I make an offer. We probably won’t make it, but let’s see.

I make an offer to Hughes. We are the only one to make an offer. I can’t believe that Tottenham wanted to move him that badly.

Alan Hughes, 19, Scottish, 9k/week, first team, 4.8 mill, Homegrown, Tottenham bought from Celtic for 2.7 mill and turned around and sold him to us for 2.1 mill profit two years later, but they turned him into the beginning of a stud. We are going to try and push it. He is described as a “Wonderkid” and as Professional. They think he’s best as a support central middie. Let me look. Okay, we need to get him some more training. I work in dribbling, and move him to central midfield support. For now…

I have 10 mill in transfer kitty left, and 33.7k in budget left. We draw Swansea in our place for the 3rd round of the League Cup.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #275
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our last game in August home vs Southhampton. Two new starters for today – Hughes and Paramio. Can you imagine this team if we had gotten Gabi and my first winger choice instead of Maas? It would be amazing. With all of these additions of high quality, I just don’t see how we are relegated this year, and if we are, we will tear through the Championship next year to get back. We are favorites, so I begin control. Hughes lofts the ball to Bakenga, who scores ‘n the 13th minute. I slide to standard. Wilshere finds Bakenga for another score in the 15th. A corner bounces around in the box for a few seconds until Lescott puts it away in the 35th minute. Half time. Woah – Barty got a red card in the 47th. Changes – Iordache in for Paramio and moved down. Battaglia in for Wilshere, and dropped to a DMC position. Okay. I move to defensive. Lots of pressure for a bit. They get a red card in the 73rd minute. I make m final sub. I need more defense – Gromstad is down t 58% condition. I trade David Murphy for Pepe. I then drop him to DL. I bop the tired Gromstad to the DR. Game. MoM is Bakenga. Gromstad had n 8.6 game. Hughes a 7.6. Crazy. Gromstad and Bakenga in Team of Week

I don’t intend on bringing anyone else to my team, and the transfer window closes in a few days. I brought two people to my team after I called it complete, and I’m ready to keep on going now. I have enough of everyone.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:28 PM   #276
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

USA - I have two friendlies coming up soon in September. I have some injuries to my squad. We did pretty well in the internationals, so I don’t feel a need to change my roster much. Acuna and Adu are injured for a few months each and Chanlder out for 6 months. I pull them all off my squad. I call up Bobby Shou Wood, ST Declan Murphy, and Sean Franklin, who can play both DR and MR as well as back me up in DC.

Welcome to September – DC Victor Iordache won 3rd place Young Player of the Month – Wilshere’s goal vs Swansea was Goal of the Month, Despite the fact that ManU played two games, and won them both at home, we won three away and I am only 3rd in Manager of the Month.

Crewe:

12th – Away at Bolton
22nd – Home vs Swansea, League Cup
26th – Away vs Arsenal

USA:

5th – Friendly away at Ivory Coast
9th – Friendly away at Guadeloupe

Brad Davis gets injured and I call up Mikkel Diskerud for him.

Barty given a two game ban in addition to one for the red card.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #277
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

USA at Ivory Coast

Wood and Spector are starting for Acuna and Chandler. I begin countering. A bit of quiet, and then Wood scores for us in the 27th minute. Bradley had found Jozy who knocked the ball to Wood. They respond with a counter for a score in the 33rd minute. Half time. Soares opens the half with a yellow card. 1st subs – Pearce in for Castillo, Omar Gonzalez for Soares. A lot of pressure is coming our way recently. I hope we can survive it. Next subs – Diskerud for Williams, Shea for F Johnson. Wood is injured in the 68th minute. I put in McCarthy for him. Final sub, Franklin in for Spector. Game. Not bad result.

Wood is out for three weeks, and I call up Juan Agudelo instead.

Old 10-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #278
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

USA at Guadeloupe

I start Declan Murphy in the Wood/Acuna spot. As the game against the Ivorians went, so to will I be countering here. Nothing major to report early. 30 minutes in, they are the only team with bookings. Half time. I open things up by going standard. Altidore injures one of their defenders. First subs – Altidore for Agudelo. Torres in for Williams and Hedges for Franklin. Later – Pontius in for Dempsey, Pearce in for Shea. Last sub – Bradley out for Diskerud. Game

Old 10-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #279
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Bakenga got his first goal for Norway. Our Bolton game has arrived. This is our last good chance to get some points for a while. Our next five matches include Arsenal, Fulham, Man U, Birmingham and Liverpool. Then we have Sunderland, West Brom, Stoke and Blackburn. Then our last stretch is Everton, Tottenham, Man City, Newcastle and West Ham. If we can go into this rough patch with points from Bolton, I’ll be very content. Iordache is starting for Barty until his return, and Mbemba is back into the lineup after his injury healed. I begin countering. They score off a cross in the 16th minute. I mention that when it happens, because the cross is your weakness in 3-5-2 set up. We score back n the 26th with Hughes with sliding kick into goal off a Maas pass. Mbemba gets a yellow card. Half time. Hughes with a yellow post-half. Wilshere powers a goal in the 53rd minute off an assist by Bakenga, who held up the ball and let the defenders collect around him. They get a red for a professional foul against Paramio in the 62nd minute. I move to standard, swap Gromstad for Mbemba and Lansbury for Hughes. My traditional anti red card – press more, tackle more, go wide, up tempo and no time wasting apply. The tackle harder is why I pull my yellow carders. Pepe is in pain in the 74 and I yank him for Murphy. Bakenga takes a shot, deflected, Paramio pounces on it and scores. 3-1, 87th minute. I pull back . Today was both the first goal for us by Hughes and Paramio. They power a goal in the 91st minute. Maas gets a yellow. Game. We win 3-2. Afterwards, their manager praises me in the media, I respond and do the same.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #280
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Lowing becomes a professional player after turning 17. The Swansea manager said, ahead of this match, that we are dreaming if we think we can win this match. I go after him hard core, and now three of their players are concerned their manager may not be respected by other managers. My players, by the way are all fine. I make no changes to my starting roster and since we are in my house, I begin controlling. Both Iordache and lescott are banged around in the first ten minutes and have to leave the field, and then in the 24th minute Mbemba is injured and eaves and Gromstad is on to replace him. They thumped my whole defense! Gromstad puts down one of theirs in the 28th minute. Hughes powers a shot in the 29th minute and we score. Assist by Paramio. Paramio goal at the 41st! Nope, called off due to a foul. Half. Pepe donates a penalty to them. They score. I pull him for Murphy. Gromsad with a yellow. Hughes crosses to Paramio who heads it in for a score in the 80th minute. Paramio collects a card. Final sub, Battaglia for Maas. That’s game. We win 2-1. MOM is Hughes with a goal and assist. Paramio also had a goal and assist. I go after Bakenga, who was 6.0 and Pepe.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:06 PM   #281
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We draw Liverpool away in the 4th round of the League Cup. The Crewe vs Liverpool game has been rearranged for the Liverpool vs Crewe game. Lol! Today is our Arsenal match away and the last game of September for Crewe. We are, well, let’ just say not favored. I begin countering. They open with a score very quickly in the 11th minute. Uh oh. But we are able to keep the score tight at the half. Right after the half, Hughes intercepts a pass, takes a long shot and puts it in the 48th minute. 1-1. I make my first sub, Erjon Salku for Bakenga. Then I put in Nijland for Cole. Lescott can’t keep Van Persie from heading in a cross in the 75th minute. I sub in Lansbury for Maas. Then Hughes hits Paramio for a core in the 87th minute. We hold on and tie. Delle is in Team of Week with a 7.4 rating for the match.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:00 AM   #282
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Welcome to October – Hughes is Young Player of Month, Paramio is 3rd Place

Games:

3rd – Home vs Fulham
17th – Away vs Man U
24th – Away vs Birmingham
28th – Away vs Liverpool – League Cup
31st – Home vs Sunderland

I start Salku in Bakenga’s spot today. Barty is back. Gromstad starts in Mbemba’s spot. Fulham have very poor morale, so I begin attacking for a bit. Maas finds goal at the 1:31 mark. Salku passed over to him to set him up from the right. Barty injures one of their players in the 5:27 place. They injure Saku in the 29th minute in the box. I sub in Wood. Pepe collects a yellow. I back up to control. Lescott collects a yellow. Half. Half the second. Wlshere with a yellow in the 58th minute. Hughes lofts a corner at the 60:13 and hits Lescott for a goal I make sub – Nijland for Wilshere. My foes get three yellow in one minute after fouling Gromstad, then fouling Cole on the free kick and fouling Nijland on the next free kick. Final sub, Battaglia for Pepe, swap with Cole. We win 2-0. MOM is Lescott. Both Hughes and Lescott are in Team of Week.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:31 AM   #283
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our expansion is completed. It is now 12609 in size. Because they did not qualify for the Euro, Finland and Sweden both fire their head coach. I speak Swedish… Lescott is injured for a few weeks with a thigh strain in training. I consider applying for the Sweden job. I get complimented by the Man U manager prior to our match and I reciprocate. I decide, for speed purposes, to steer clear of Sweden for now. I can run USA pretty well now that I’ve invested hours into their rosters and such.

The Man U game arrives. Iordache in for injured Lescott - Bakenga back into the lineup. We are in their place, and of course, they are Man U, but they have awful morale. I begin countering. Alons-y! They injury Delle in the 11th minute, and I sub on Joe Murphy. Two goals against us get us to the half. In the second half, they score twice more, and my offense does nothing. I sub in Nijland for Wilshere and Battaglia for Maas. We lose 4-0. Delle is out for 8 to 10 days with a bruised rib.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #284
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Sweden appointed some bum, I guarantee I could have made it had I wanted it. Today we travel to Birmingham. I begin countering. In the 10th minute off an corner kick by Hughes, Iordache gets a score. They tackle Hughes hard in the 20th ad get a red. I swap to my anti-red style. Paramio notches a goal in the 34th minute. Assist by Wilshere. Half time. Gromstad grabs a card. 1st sub – Gromstad out for Mbemba The next one is Lansbury for Cole. Final sub at the 79 is Wood for Maas. Pepe collects a yellow. I pull off my anti-red card strategy. We win 2-0. Iordache is MOM.

Delle is back for today’s away match vs Liverpool for the Cup. I initiate a counter strategy. They score in the 2nf minute, but we hold on until the half. They score again, and I put out Mbemba, Battaglia and Lansbury We lose 2-0. No disrespect in that. Gromstad is now one yellow away from a suspension.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #285
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

No changes for today’s Sunderland game, the final game of the haunted October. I standardize today. We hold them off and it’s a quiet half. I tel them I want more and a few seem to grok it. In the second half, at the 61 mark, Pepe crosses to Wilshire, who sinks it with a sliding kick into the cross. I make my first sub- Maas out for Wood. Wood sinks it in the 64th minute, after Cole slid the ball to him. Next sub at the 69 is Salku for Bakenga. Final sub at the 80 is Murphy for Pepe. In the 88th minute, Cole is carted off. We hold on and win 2-0. Barty MOM.

Arsenal thumped Southampton today 9-0 in the EPL. Zang!

Old 10-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #286
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Welcome to November. Hughes is Young Player of the Month; Barty is 2nd. I got 3rd in Manager of the Month behind Man City and Chelsea. Bakenga started very hot and now has become very cold.

Games

7th – Home vs West Brom
10th – Away vs Stoke
21st – Home vs Blackburn
28th – Away vs Everton

USA

14th – Home friendly vs South Africa
18th – Home friendly vs Togo

Lescott is back from his injury by today’s West Brom match. 19 year old Alan Hughes just called up to the Scotland National Squad, the pro one. Their morale is bad and we are very favored, so I have my guy hit things up attacking at first. This is Bakenga’s last start for a while. If he can’t do more, I may look to put in Wood or Salku for a while. Bakenga had 6 goals in 5 games and now he has 6 goals in 11 games. Maas is on an attack in the 24th minute and a defender gets scared and tackles it…into the goal – OG. 9 minutes lates Maas grabs a goal from an assist by Pepe who threaded a cross in between three West Brom players. I slide back to control. Mbemba nets a yellow. Half. Next half. I pull Maas for Wood in the 59th. I want to save him for the next game vs Stoke. Next sub at the 71 – Iordache for Mbemba. Final sub 82 – Pepe out for Murphy. Bakenga collects a yellow. Game. MOM is Cole. Barty and Cole named in Team of Week

Old 10-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #287
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Salku will be coming on for Bakenga.

USA Squad Time – Injuries to Torres, I call up Wood. Cherendolo believes Wood deserves calling up now too, and it’s a consensus that Wood is one of the 3 or 4 best strikers Americans have. I drop Juan Agudelo. I call up Freddy Adu. I pull off McCarthy for Acuna. Chandler still injured I trade Diskerud for MC/R Michael Stephens, 26 years old.

I decide to move Jiri Papuga to Cambridge for 1st team play. As a reminder Stoke is our rival. I begin countering. They score 48 seconds in on a long shot from massive range. Paramio nets a card. We allow no more goals in the half. 1st sub in the 64 – Gromstad in for Mbemba. Next sub is Lansbury for Cole. 3rd sub is Nijland in for Maas, and I swap his spot with Wilshere’s. They score in the 79th when a ball bounces around my box for about five or six seconds. They power a 3rd goal in the 90th minute. We lose 0-3 on the road against our rival.

I decline a job offer from Fulham. If I turn down Arsenal, I’m turning down everyone. Hughes just got his first camp and goal for Scotland.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #288
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

USA vs South Africa, Friendly

I thought it would be good to bring the World Cup victors to a friendly game vs my dudes. Normal starting roster same for Chandler is still out and Spector still in. I begin countering. I go to standard in the 20s. They injure Brek Shea, and I pull him for Adu in the 34th minute. Bradley collects a yellow card. They get a red in the 45th minute. Half time. I move my guys forward, and order them to tackle softly, not hard. Let’s see if we can get some goals. Nasty cross by Adu and deadly shot by Acuna, turned aside by the enemy GK. Subs at the 60 – Bradley out for Stephens, Castillo for Pearce. Nexts subs at the 69 – Acuna out for Wood, Franklin in for Dempsey. Final sub at 78 – Altidore out for Pontius. A quiet game. Soares MOM.

The Southampton manager took the Fulham job and I deny interest in their job in the press. I reject an offer from Newcastle. Bolton manager goes to Newcastle.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #289
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

USA vs Togo, Friendly

The World Cup Qualifiers have drawn us in a group with Honduras, Guatemala and Curacao. No changes to the lineup and I begin with a control established. Williams is injured in the first minute and I sub in Maurice Edu for him. An even game for the first thirty minutes, with a lot of movement but few shots for either team and none of quality. Half. I try to light a fire, so to speak. They score in the 48th minute. Move to attacking, I do. I sub in Wood for Altidore. Hedges injured in the 64th and has to come out. In heads Gonzalez. More subs in the 75th era – Shea out for Adu, Spector for Fabian Johnson and Bradley out for Stephens. Soares gets a yellow. Game. We lose 0-1. Hedges broke his leg and is inavailable for 7-8 months. Williams gashed his arm only. A Colombian named Wilman Conde is now eligible for American play, and he plays DC. I call him up.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #290
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Free transfer for English clubs passes. The Blackburn game has arrived. I start Battaglia in Cole’s spot and Gromstad is starting since Cole is out. We are favored and the Rovers have woeful morale. I begin controlling. Maas gets a yellow in the 14th minute. They score off a long throw in at the 27. Half. I tell my folks to show me something else and they seem fired up. I pull Maas for Murphy and swap with Pepe. Paramio finds Salku, who is behind defense and he gets in for a score in the 67th minute. Sub the second. Wilshere out for Nijland. Pepe with a yellow. Final sub at the 82, Lansbury for Pepe. They get a nasty IFK that they tap in, but it was curling and fast and almost on target in the 88th minute. Just 2 minutes of extra time, but I slide to Overload. Game. We lose 1-2.

Now we travel to Everton for the final match of November. Cole back in. I put Bakenga back in, I need the speed. Iordache in for Gromstad. Time for Heroclix tournament so I quick sim it to finish the month. We get a 1-1 draw with Bakenga getting a goal in the 60th minute.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #291
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

December – Barty Young Player of Month, and Hughes 2nd.

Games:

6th – Home vs Tottenham
12th – Home vs Man City
22nd – Away vs Newcastle
26th – Home vs West Ham
28th – Home vs Swansea

Ready for the Tottenham match? It’s on live TV. We draw Everton away in the FA Cup. No changes to my team. I begin just standard. We injure one of their middiles in the mid teens and knock him off the field. Then nothing – no cards, no momentum, no attacks, no scores, nothing. Half time. Right after the half, they get a yellow, and then the same guy gets another yellow and is sent off in the 50th minute. I slide to control. They injure Bakenga in the early sixties, I pull him for Wood. Pepe feeds Hughes who scores in the 68th. Next sub – Cole for Lansbury. Yellow for Pepe at the 74th. Final sub at the 77. Murphy for Pepe. Heavy pressure by us in the 80s. We win 1-0. Hughes is MOM. Tottenham have fired their manager and I deny the job in the press. Bakenga will be out for a couple of weeks with bruised shin. Well done lads. Good momentum into the next couple of matches.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #292
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I reject a Tottenham offer. Montano is upset that he’s not getting fist team soccer. He signed a backup offer, and he’s on the reserve squad. I offer to loan him, but he just wants to go. I agree to list him. He’s worth 1.4 mill technically, but I doubt anyone would offer that. I drop his price to 700k and offer him to clubs. A few teams are interested, but he’s too high. I drop it to 350k and offer again. No offers. We’ll come back after the game.

Man City arrives. Salku in for Bakenga. I initiate standard. The game is afoot. Maas collects a yellow and Man City a goal in the 7th minute. It was an OG by Cole. Five minutes later, Cole finds Pepe for a beautiful long shot, on target, and its 1-1. They score in the 23rd minute. We keep them from scoring again, half time. Iordache injures a Man City player. Wilshere grabs a yellow. Sub – tired Salku for Wood, Wilshere for Nijland. Pepe is injured in the 75th minute and I pull him for Murphy. Wood scores in the 76th minute. Hughes connected a nice pass to him. I move to counter at the 83, Man City are pressing forward. 4 extra minutes. Two on target shots by Wood pushed aside. Game. Who should have won save for the OG, so its just a tie. Pepe is MOM.

Mbemba is injured in training for a week or two with a gashed head. He seems very injury prone to me. I sell Montano to Hartlepool for like 50k.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #293
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Bekenga is healthy and thus back in the starting role for the away game vs Newcastle today. Counter will be our M.O. Paramio has two shots on target in the first 20, but the keeper keep them away. They score off the cross bar in the 38th. Half. Paramio with a yellow. Iordache gives them an OG I the 63rd. Subs – Gromstad for Iordache, Maas for Wood. Nijland for Wilshere late. Pepe with a yellow. We lose 0-2. I’m pissed off in the team meeting and they get it.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #294
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Pepe reaches the yellow card limit. David Murphy starts for him against West Ham. No other changes to the roster. I open with a control setup. If they seem pushed back, good, if not I can push the standard button. They get two yellows in the first seven minutes, but then no more and it’s a quiet half. The next one begin. Maas finds Wilshere on an attack run and Wilshere finds the goal at the 56th minute. 1st sub – Cole for Battaglia. Bakenga scores in the 64th minute. On the break. Next sub is Murphy for Lansbury. They get a red card in the 75th minute. Final sub – Wood for Maas. We win. Wilshere is MOM.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:30 PM   #295
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our last game of the year is today vs Swansea. We are favorites here at home. Well, te game is postponed until the 13th of January due to heavy snow. Let’s look at the table

Because the EPL is odd with all of the cup games and European play, games are never even at this time. We have played 17 games. The team in 2nd has played 16, the team in 3rd 19 and the team in 16 18 and so forth.

Man City, 43, 17 games
Man Utd, 38, 16 games
Arsenal, 33, 19 games
Chelsea, 33, 17 games
Crewe, 32, 17 games
Stoke, 29, 19 games
Tottenham, 29, 18 games
Wolves, 27, 19 games
Liverpool, 26, 17 games
West Ham, 25, 19

That’s the top ten. The current back three are Bolton, Southampton and West Brom.

At some point in time, Erjon Salku has been touted as the next Oliver Bierhoff.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #296
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Players leaving n 6 months of note:

Joe Cole
David Murphy
Simone Pepe
Joe Murphy
Joleon Lescott
Pieter Mbemba
Bobby Shou Wood

I’m willing to let most of those folks go.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #297
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

A quick glance at league stats:

Hughes with best rating at 7.25, Pepe is 7.03, my only 7s. Other good ones include: Barty – 6.91, Lescott, 6.9, Wilshere, 6.89, Gromstad, 6.94, Wood, 6.92 and Iordache, 6.88. A few others in the lower 6.8s are Bakenga 6.84, Murphy – 6.8 Maas, 6.81 and Delle, 6.86. Good stuff

Delle has allowed 19 goals and had 7 shut outs in 16 games. In this league, that seems pretty respectible. He has not gotten better, abiity wise, in about a year so he’s reached his cap at the age of 25. I was worried about him, but he’s been fine. This is the best rating he’s had for me. Last two years it was 6.64 and 6.77.

Paramio’s goals and assists are much lower than I would have thought half way through the year-ish. His rating is too. Wilshere has more goals and Hughes just as many. No one has more than 4 assists, and Pepe and Cole each half those. I was expecting Paramio by now to have 6 goals and 6 assists.

Money – Wilshere has risen to 9.5, Hughes to 4.9, Barty at 47., Delle at 3.1, On the other hand, players such as Cole and a few others have dropped.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #298
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

It’s the 30th, time to see if I can find an amazing player who wants to leave on free. I extend my youthers who are leaving that I sort of like a year. I sign a few more German youth players, There are a few 17 year old Greek players who look interesting from what I can see, and I order my scouts to give me some reports. I’m not seeing any good people expiring soon that interest me. What I want for next year is a stud DC, a stud ML and maybe a stud ST. Nobody here interests me, save for those youth I’m checking out. Let’s see how they break out. I also scout a few other youth in the area - and I find four solid youth prospects. DC Jimmy Ware, 17 of Man City, 16 year old ST for Victor Hewitt, of Newcastle, 17 year old M/Am L Angelos Mererdis, of Iraklis and PAOK’s 17 year old M/AM R Christos Kalatzis.

Bobby Shou Wood has won the USA Young Player of the Year Award.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #299
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Welcome to January, 2016 – Hughes and Barty 2nd and 3rd in Young Player fo Month

I move to a Top Half finish with my expectations. I get a little extra – 50k a week more in the budget.

I like both of the Greek youth a lot. I could raise them as the next Maas and Pepe. But perhaps I just want to sign guys already developed or closer to it. I make a few more offers to youth, including a South Korean player, who knows if he’ll make it. Alright, I make offers to my Greeks. Offers are made. We will have to pay compensation to the teams if they come. One is a mill and the other 750k. They wanted backup roles, but I’ll move them to hot prospect soon.

Games:

2nd – Away vs Everton, FA Cup
6th – Away vs Chelsea
9th – Away v Wolves
13th – Home vs Swansea
16th – Away v Southampton
20th – Home vs Liverpool
23rd – Home vs Bolton

Rough month

Old 10-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #300
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Pepe back on the left for today’s match vs Everton. Delle caught a virus, so Joe Murphy is starting today. Delle should be back for Chelsea. I begin defensively since I have an unsure GK. But Joe got us a shutout earlier. Can we score past Tim Howard? They score in the 10th minute. Lescott is carded. Two Evertonian players are injures and half to leave the field for treatment in the 20s . Half time. Lescott leaves for Gromstad at the 59. Lansbury In for an injured Pepe in the 67th Bakenga shoots, the ball bounces of Howard and Paramio sinks the rebound at the 71st minute. It’s tied! In the 75th, the bang Maas hard and I pull him for Nijland and swap it with Wilshere. Nijland collects a yellow card. We injure one of their players I the 89th minute and they’ve made all of their subs, so they are down a man. Tie game. Nicely done lads. Now the replay will be in our place.