Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-15-2016, 09:38 PM   #101
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Game 5 away at Osasuna, Morales back, I pull a tired Ndi for Anaba, Carry On! Morales forces the ball to Anaba who scores early, but Osanana is deadly. They have 6 shots, all on target and then a 8t comes and they finally break through and its 1-1 at the half. I Want another attack, so I pull Paul Kordan for Rolon nd then moe folks around and junca back. Uxio in for Suarez and I pull a tired Vazquez for Ndi. Tie, 1-1, MOM is Anaba

Folks, we aren’t going to gt 6th or better in the league if we can’t do better. In 5 game, we are at 5 points and 16th. You need to start getting wins. TWO WINS

We draw Sporting for round 3 of the Cup

Game 6 home vs Cadiz. Impress me! Suarez booked early. Junca crosses to Nadjib for a score in the 23rd after a slow start by both sides. Morales has a lethal shot that their GK just sells out to stop in the 37th. Half. 1-0. Keep it up! We have 59% of possession, more shots, more shots on target. I sub in Uxio for Suarez and such. We hold on and win 1-0. MOM is Vazquez

Nadjib is now capable of placing his shots.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:44 PM   #102
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Game 7 vs Reus - Relegation candidates Reus are expected to head right back down, and are 18th right now . We are hosting them and favored. I move Mosiuda to Suarez to give him a start. Vengeance! Diallo – yellow. Nadjib finds Morales on a breakaway for a score in the 11th. Osmar with a lethal assist by Morales in the 40th, turned aside . We have been hammering their goal. 1-0 at the half though. Don’t get complacent! Morales put away another goal in the 56th minute from a corner kick. Vazquez kicked the ball short to Osmar rather than dee, and Osmar passed it to Morales. I put in Uxio for Diallo. Martinez for Nabjib, and then Lopez drives down the flank, hits the ball to Osmar, who centers it for Vazquez, shoots and scores. Send in Rolon for Ndi on the side. We win 3-0. MOM is Morales. Very happy!

The pitch is becoming an issue again. Welcome to Africa!

That was our first big victory, not a simple 1-0 affair or something similar.

Osmar, Vazquez, and Morales all made team of the week, one of my youther, Santiago, will be out for 7 months with a broken collarbone

Many of my players are getting international call ups. Johnson to Englands U squad, and Lopez to Spains, etc.

Game 8 vs Lugo – Suarez is back in, an I put in Milla. Nadjb is tired. Today is Milla’s final chance to do something. Maybe he has a fire with Morales. Maybe he can score. Give him a chance to put last year behind him. Keep our run going! We are predicted to win in the rain here. Jordan with a yellow. JUnca fires to Ndi for a score in the 20th, and it’s a beauty. Perfect curling cross that slides past everyone. Vazquez with a booking. More pressure from us follows. Half 1-0. Don’t get complacent! I put in Anaba for Jordan and drop Junca to fullback. Vazquez for Nadjib. Uxio for a tired Osmar. They fire off a score in the 80s, and it was off a counter. We can’t get a win, and it’s 1-1 at the end.

We can’t leave points on the board like that.

End fo September –

Good training for Lopez, Mosiuda

Old 03-15-2016, 11:30 PM   #103
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oct –

October 8 – Home vs Bilbao
October 11 – Home vs Sporitng, Spanish Cup
Octover15 – Away vs Tenerife
October 22 – home vs Oviedo
October 29 – Away vs Rayo

Morales named in Team of Week

Another youther with a major injury, 2-3 months
Game 9 vs Bilbao - Anaba starts for Jordan, and Junca in FB, Nadjib back to start. For the fans! We’ve had two shots turned aside. Vazquez sinks a DFK after Osmar was fouled. They sink a corner a few minutes later. Tey have three bookings at the half. Vengeance! Diallo booking. I’ve had more shots on target then they have shots. We’re going to sink one I have faith. Uxio for Suarez. No other goals, Vazquez is MOM

Junca named for oTeam of Week

Home vs sporting 3rd Round Spanish Cup – This is my 100th game for Melilla. Vengeance! BArrioo and Milla are starting. We have early momentum, but after 16 minutes, it’s back to normal Morales scores in the 18th, after a pass by Vazquez to Ndi is intercepted by Sporting, and then he falls on it unmarked. I ease back from control to standard. Half. We might be wining but it’s just half time! Diallo with a yellow. I need to have a conversation with Ibrahim he’s collecting too many yellow cards. Uxio subs in for Diallo. Junca is lightly injured and I send in Anaba. I send in Gomes for some experience. Morales finds Ndi for a goal in the 86th. They have a fluke shot that falls sin extra time from a cross that’s deep and hits the goal post, and knocks back to an attacker who taps it in. MOM is Morales, and we win 2-1. Good win!

I get a positive training report about Ndi

Draw – 32 teams left. We get…whoa….that’s right. We will be hosting FC Barcelona.

And if we win, we’ll play the winner of UD Logrones and Real Valladolid. Good luck Logrones, I;m rooting for you

Old 03-16-2016, 09:19 AM   #104
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Game 10 vs Tenerife, I am moving our South African guy to the starting role for a game, and then moving Nadjib in as well. We aren’t favored to do well today . So show them all! We start defensive, and Morales scores in the 12th. After a pass was deliver by DC Mosuida and Ndi heads it over a defender. Morales hits Ndi on an attacking run in the 39th for another score. 2-0 us at the half. Keep it up! Jordan is booked and I pull him for Anaba. Martinez heads in for Nadjib. Romero for Lopez. They fire a devastating shot and Barrio can’t get there and it’s 1-2 in the 83rd. Anaba intercepts a pass on a counter, hits Morales out of positions and it’s a goal in the 87th. We win 3-1. MOM is Morales. Proud!

We are in 8th. We were cold in the first five games, and then unbeaten since. I’m told Vazquez has improved in the last 6 months and is even better.

Morales named in Team of the Week. Suarez is injured for two weeks in training.

Game 11 vs Real Oviedo. Villar is back at GK> Seenyane stays in at DC for the injured Suarez. Have you ever had one of those boring 0-0 games where nothing really happens and you aren’t sure what occurred later? That just happened. MOM was ndi.

Game 12 vs Rayo – Early pushes by us. You can do this! By the 20th minute, we have 6 shots to their 1 and 54% of possession. This is great on the road. Then in the 23rd Morales s pushed and passes the ball outside of the box to Osmar, who sinks a long shot for a goal. Momentum begins to shift. We are ahead 1-0 at the half. Keep it up! Our foes get a pair of yellows. Then they get a goal in the 56th minute. Mosluida is out positioned by the header off a cross. Junca finds Morales for a score in the 60th. Osmar injures their soccer and he has to get pulled. Uxion for Mosiuda. Rolon for Ndi. Gomes heads in for Johnson. In extra time, Nadjib finds Morales on a break, and scores . We win 3-1. MOM is Morales. Key result. Unbeaten in 10 mathce,s when you count cups.

Osmar, Junca, Morales named in Team of the Week

End of October –

Training – Good? Junca, Nadjib, Villar

Old 03-16-2016, 12:03 PM   #105
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

November

November 4 – Home vs Llagostera
November 11 – Away vs Numancia
November 18 – Home vs Real Betis
November 26 – Away vs Racing
November 29 – Home vs Barcelona, Cup match leg #1

We are 6th after everyone has 12 games

Game 13 – Suarez is back from injury, but I leave him off the sqaud for now. We are ready to go Idaho. I am starting Pepe Romero for Juan Lopez. We are both at home and pretty favorites. Very fast start here in the rain. Ndi finds Nadjib for a score in the 1:17 mark . Jordan’s cross set it up strong. No major tests offensively of either goal for a while. Yellow to Jordan. Then a goal in the 41st is set up by a cross fron Junca to Nadjib. 2-0 half. Don’t get complacent! One of their players picks up a light knock from a Vazquez tackle. I slide Uxion for Mosiuda, Martinez for Morales, and then Gomes is next for the yellow Jordan. Martinez feeds Nadjib for his hattrick in the 89th. We win 3-0. Nadjib on the day had 8 shots, and 5 on target, they had 7 and 2, so he outshot their whole team.

I think we can agree that thus far the Nadjib+Morales combo is working pretty well:

Morales – 13 league games, 6 goals, 3 assists, 7.48 rating in those games

Nadjib – 20 games, 4 goals, 3 assists, 7.59 rating

Junca and Nadjib named in Team of Week

Game 14 vs Numancia – The last few games have been against clubs in the back of the chart. Numancia is dead last in 22. I have Jordan, Lopez ,Mosiuda, and such. Suarez is back to start after his injury and recovering. Anaba is in and I’m leving in Romero as wel. Carry on from last match! I start ou tstandard, but early pressure forces me to go defensive. Quiet half, 0-0. You can win this one! They fire in a goal against us in the 55th but it’s waived off due to a foul. Rolon for Nadjib, Mahananan for Romero, They foul us in the 85th and we get a corner kick. Vazquez winds up, fires it it bubces around the box and….one of their defenders puts it in for an OG . Odd, but I’ll take it. Arriaga for Morales. We win 1-0 and MOM is Osmar. You got away with that one boys, we need to pick it up later!

We have 10 league games without a loss now

Milla has declined in ability over the last 6 months according to my coaches.

Wales defeats Spain today and makes it to the World Cup. They swept Spain in qualifiers. Spain did not make the World Cup! Their coach is obviously fired.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:07 PM   #106
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Game 15 vs Real Betis – Now we are finished with the easy part of the schedule, time for brass tacks. Most of my core starters are back today. But we are hosting, so everyone thinks it’ll be a draw. Get a win today! They score in the 5th minute off a counter. We hit them back in the 24th as Diallo gets a header from a corner in from Vazquez. Bookings for Betis, and then an injury for us – Johnson. I send in Anaba. Half. We can still win tonight! Great push by us turned aside early on. Long shot by Betis in in the 60th. Lopez is having a bad game, I send in Romero. Uxio for Suarez. Diallo yellow card. We should have won this one. We were winning in every stat, and we had 18 shots, and 7 on target. But we lost. Happens sometimes. MOM Is Vazquez.

Jordan tore his jammy and is out for 3 months. While Jordan is out I have Anaaba starting

Uxio wants more soccer. Dude has played in 12 of 15 matches in the league, but wants more soccer.

The head coach of Athletic Bilbao, in the Liga, one of Julio’ favorite clubs (he was assistant coach there, if you’ll recall, before the Melilla trip) is hired for Spain and is now open, ad the rumors are that Julio is one of the top people in line for it. (In reality, Athletic Bilbao is my favorite Europe soccer club, so I slid that Basque history into Julio’s to make it a little closer to home)

Vazquez in Team off Week

GK Villar is now capable of avoiding the weaker foot.

Game 16 – Diallo hit his red card limit, he’s benched. We are away at Racing. Romero is in too Good luck! They collect a booking early and another soon follows. Villar turns aside a Racing thrust. I’m playing defensive. Mosiuda gives away on OG trying to head away a deep cross. Show me something else! They do, on a corner, Ndi scores . Then…nothing for a while. I send in Gomes, Uxio, and Rolon. Nadjib dries, crosses, finds Morales, who puts it away in the 84th. Ndi picks up a knock late and we finish with 10 on the pitch. We win 2-1. MOM is Ndi. Well done. Beat Sporting here? Awesome!

Ndi has a calf strain for a few days

Old 03-16-2016, 04:07 PM   #107
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I sign a new deal with Melilla extending me here for 3 years

Spanish Cup vs Barcelona, Leg 1 – For today’s math, Ndi is out, Rolon is starting for him. Diallo back in too. Can we get the best win in Melilla history? No pressure! Rolon intercepts the first pass Messi makes, starts a counter that ends with a Nadjb shot on goal in the 0:44 mark. That would have been something. Barca get a yellow and then ROlon follows. Neymar finds Suarez for a goal in the 44th, and then it’s half. Unlucky! Anaba with a yellow. This may change, but I can’t fault Villar, he’s getting abused out there. He just turned away a shot by Messi and another that was lethal. Finally they crack the goal in the 61st with Rafinha. I send in Milla and Uxio. We lose 0-2. Not an unexpected result Good effort!

First of all, that’s a record attendance for us – 10, 937. And secondly, Low is very complimentary of uis post-match. We made a crap-ton of cash, more than 200k.

End of November –

Training – Good for Lopez and Mosiuda

Old 03-16-2016, 04:46 PM   #108
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dec –

December – 3rd – Home vs Castilla
December 10 – Away vs Ponferradina
December 13th – Away vs Real Barcelona
Dec 16th – Home vs Girona

Game 17 vs Castilla – They are back on 17ths place, this is a chance to regroup and get some points. I slide Lopez back into the starting gig. Ndi is back too. We are at home and favored. Come out swinging! Junca fires the ball to Morales for as core in the 12th. Hand ball by Diallo gets a yellow. 1-0 half – don’t get complacent! Lopez tackles the player with the ball, crosses to Anaba, who puts it away in the 53rd. I send in Rolon for a tired Ndi. Anaba feeds Morales, who gives the extra pass to Vazquez who scores in the 56th. Junca finds Nadjib deep, who crosses up front to Anaba, who scores again in the 59th minute. We are all over them. I send in Gomes and Mosiuda. Vazquez feeds Rolon in the 89th. That’s his first goal this season. Game, we win dominatingly 5-0. MOM is Anaba.

That game result is just…wow…

5 players named in Team of Week – Suarez, Junca, Anaba, Morales, Vazquez.

Anaba adapts game to a better dribbling role

Game 18 vs Ponferradina. They are lying in 10th spot not too shabby, but we are expected to win still. We have won 4 of the last 5 on the road. I’m subbing in Uxio for Suarez. Keep our run going! We are getting shots, but not on target, so I tell my folks to work te ball into the box. Very quiet, 0-0 You can still win this! In the 49th, Morales breaks out, is driving to goal, and is fouled hard, and that’s a red card. Morales finds Nadjib for a score in the 60th. Vazquez finds Nadjib for another goal in the 62nd. I send in Mahanan, and then Rolon. I ease back on tempo. We’e got the Barcelona game soon. Desperate, ur foes fire a long shot that’s on target and in the upper left corner on the goal. Then Morales answers 44 seconds later with another goal. We win 3-1. MOM is Vazquez.

That win moves us to 2nd in the league

Joseba Arraiga has set a date for retirement at the end of the season.

Nabjib and Vaz in Tema of Week

Old 03-16-2016, 06:37 PM   #109
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Cup Round #2 – Time for shellacking – I move Romero and GK Barrio to start. I’m going to ski talking about this overly much and just get to the main stuff. Vengeance! Junca yellow. Only card in the first half. 0-0 at the half. Lots of pressure by Barca, 20 shots, 9 on goal, none sunk. Morales was a little dinged up, and I sub in Martinez. Nice! Barcelona finally find goal in the 49th with a long shot by Ivan Rakitic. Ndi booking Subs – Rolon, Mosiuda. Game. 1-0, 3-0 aggregate. Can’t fault you for effort

Morales is out for 7-10 days with a rained neck. Martinez will start in his place

Game 21 – at Girona I leave Uxio and Barrio in. We are expected to win. Girona is 11th. I start defensive to get a feel for the game, and then I slide to counter. Girona start piling on some pressure. But we push them away. Half You can still win this! Girona are wasting a lot of shots 12 shots 2 on target. ROlon for Anaba, Mosiuda for Uxio, Junca yellow, Diallo gives away a yellow in the penalty box, and it’s a PK they make. We lose 1-0. Not good enough today!

I sanction Diallo, I’m tired of his dope-y yellows. He gave this game away. I fine him for a week’s salary, and he accepts. We drop from 2nd to 4th after the loss

A tied would have kept us even with points with Oviedo and Tenerife.

Are there any major players with a deal coming up soon like Mahmoud or Osmar have helped in the past? The best are South Americans I can’t sign and bring in due to the non-EU issue. Unless I were to pull Martinez off my active roster, loan him out, and then bring in a Striker. But Nadjib and Morales have been fine. I’ve been wanting one more player for depth for my squad, and feel we could benefit from someone else in January.

I order scout reports of Bryan Olivera. Braian Romero There’s a good solid defender, Victor Oliveir,a, 23 years old, Brazilian ,willing to come over, but I have too many good Dcs already. Unless I have 3 DCs starting in a 3-XX or a 5XX I don’t see that as something I need.

I extend Ndi’s deal by two years. He’s clearly shown himself.

I offer to extend Junca by a few years as well. I’m locked in with him.

I scout players like Sergio Aguza. I make him an offer. He can push us.

End of December –

Good training –

Diallo, Anaba, Nadjib

Old 03-16-2016, 09:09 PM   #110
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Welcome to January, 2018

January 3 – Away vs Mirandes
January 6 – Away vs Sporting
January 13 – Away vs Las Palmas
January 21 – Home vs Alcorcon
January 28 – Home vs UD Logrones

Messi, Oscar, and Kevin De Bruyne win Golden Ball; Oscar won World Player of the Year,

Junca extends his time with us

Game vs Mirandes – We are home and they are 19th, so as you can probably draw, we are expected to win. VIllar is back, Morales too. Oh and Lopez. Diallo scores off a corner kick header on the 9th ,and then they follow in the 14th. We have an attack waived off. Then Nadjib scores in the 25ht. They howl back and its 2-2 half. Come on folks! Then after a screechingly potent first half it’s all boredom and tears in the 2nd. I sub in guys like Mosiuba, but to no avail, and we tie 2-2. MOM is Vazquez. Not good enough!

I make no changes to expectations

A few teams are bidding on Aguza as well so I double the signing bonus for both agent and player.

Game away vs Sporting – I have to go to a meeting, so I am getting ready as I run this game. I just have highlights. Which is unfortunate. Morales to Ndi for a score in the 4th minute. Morales hits a score in the 21st after a Nadjib assist. Ndi finds Morales for a score in the 36th. Subs are Rolon, Mosiuda, Romero. Anaba finds Rolon for a score in the 77th. We were on the defensive the whole day, and just thumped them 4-0. MOM is Morales.

That sort of a win on the road against one of the best teams in the league is a signature victory.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:56 AM   #111
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Diallo, Ndi, and Vazquez in Team of Week

I offer to extend Bruno Souto’s deal by two years as a hot prospect.

I Accept a loan offer for ST Martinez for a few months to Real Union.

Sergio Aguza signed with a Turkish club

Game away vs Las Palmas 0 Pick up from where you left off last time! Osmar slips the ball to Nadjib down the middle for a score in the 16th 2 cards for our foes, as they become punchy We get two more attcks pushed aside, half. Keep it up! At the half they have 1 shot and on target, we have 7 and 5. We injure a Palmas player Morales a great push for goal in the 54th and 55th but finally stopped by their GK and held. I Send in Martinez for him early this could be the last game Martinez plays for us for awhile. Uxio heads in for Suarez. Rolon for Ndi. Las Palmas score a goal late in the 89th and bring back a tie, and that’s bad. They were never really in this. 4 shots, 2 on target, vs our 15 and 9. We pounded them mercilessly.

Martinez heads out, and I register Bruno Souto, who returned from loan recently.

Since Sergio Aguza went elsewhere are there are other players available for free that’d be interested in moving to North Africa? I start up some scouting.

I find an interesting Brazil/Spain youth named Denilson, who has an odd set fo skills and abilities I scout him out. I make him an offer. If he signs, you’ll like him I suspect.

Bruno has gotten a little better. I decide to pull him of the loan list, and use him myself as my extra middie the 2nd half of the season

He’s improved at several positions on the pitch (ML, MC) and developed with first team play the last year and a half on loan. I’ll give Souto a chance to see what he can do for us here.

Jan 19 – Training facilities expansion concluded. They are now rated Below Average. Delison has agreed to a deal with us.

Home game vs Alcorcon – I keep most of my main 11, but I send in Souto for Anaba on the left wing and Mosiuda for Suarez. Because Alcorcon are missing a key player to a red card tackle earlier, we are favored today . Good luck! We have a pair of attacks just off target. Then they get a yellow. Two corners have gotten headers on target, but turned aside by their GK. We’ve had pressure, but not broken through, by the half. Keep it up! They get a second yellow early. In the 49th minute, Nadjib finds Ndi on an attacking run, crosses it to him, and he scores. Vazquez fires a pass to Nadjib in te 52nd minute deep in the box, ball tackled and Nadjib rushes on the ball and scores with it. Subs – Romero for Lopez, Rolon, and Anaba. Ndi with a late yellow. We win 2-0 and broke that game open in the 2nd half. GoOob job! MOM is Nadjib

Old 03-17-2016, 01:40 AM   #112
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

So here’s our new signing:

Denilson, 22, Spanish and Brazilian, can play ST naturally, and was trained in WB and Fullback as well, and he’s got an odd and unusual set of abilities:

Offensive ST ones – 13 finishing, dribbling, 14 flair, 13 first touch, agility and balance too, 13 composure, decisions, and otb, and 16 teamwork, and just 8 vision and 7 anticipation

Other Fullback ones – 12 cross, 14 pass, 13/14 speed, 12 stamina

Defensive ones – 9 mark, 12 tackle, 13 head 12 jump,

He’s an interesting synergy of defensive, wing stuff, and attacking, although lacks some zest in mark, some mentals, and long shots. He’s fine otherwise though and he could be an interesting defensive forward, and fullback as well. He’s signed for this eyar and next for 2.8k/week on a rotation contract. His previous folks were working on him as a MR as well, and he’s awkward. We’ll continue that here.

Nadjib in Team of Week. I transfer list Mila.

Game home vs Logrones. I have never beaten Logrones in 4 attempts. I slide back to Anaba on the lft, everything else is the same from the Alcorcon game. Vengeance! I’d still love to see Logrones and us in the Liga in a few years, fighting the good fight. Anaba with a lethal cross to Ndi for a score in the 11th and they score back in the 17th Diallo a yellow. Half. Keep it up, the result will come. Vazquez wth a yellow. Uxio heads in for Diallo. A strong attack of ours is pushed aside. Rolon in. Souto for Vazquez. Souto booked. Some shots on goal late turned aside. Junca booked. Osmar card. Tie game 1-1. Not good enough today!

We had an opportunity to solidify ourselves inte h2 spot but failed, and now we’re close to everyone else.

On the last transfer day of the window, I get an offer for Milla from Murcia which I accept. It fails Milla is not happy with eth contract, and another from Numancia is out as well. Milla went to the media and complained about the lack of 1st team play and demands a trade and such. So I pull him off the squad. Nastic signs him and Milla is gone

I Accept an offer to loan out Gomes

Jordan is back from his injury

End of January –

Training Report – Good stuff from Souto, Nadjib, and Villar

Old 03-17-2016, 09:05 AM   #113
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

February

Feb 4 – Away vs Cordoba
Feb 10 – Away vs Cadiz
Feb 17 – Home vs Osasuna
Feb 25 – Away vs Reus

Cordoba match arrives. Suarez is back in the lineup, and DL Johnson is back, with Junca moving to ML. We are idiots and let our foes score twice in the 1st 20 minutes., and I slide back to, defensive from counter. They get a yellow, and then Diallo follows. They push forward hard, but at the half, nothing. Do a lot better! As the 2nd half kicks off, Cordoba keeps hammering us. I send in Denilson at the DR, and then Anaba. And then, in the 78th minute, it happens. Morales intercepts the ball, and then drives, shoots, and scores. Total individual effort. Morales is a bit dinged up,and I send in Souto for him. Nothing….until extra time. Then at 92:19, Osmar finds Souto for a score. Suarez picks up a knock in the final minute, but nothing. We finish 2-2 and tied. Well, that’s better than nothing I suppose. Good comeback!

Morales is out for 5 days week with a facial injury, Suarez is out fotr 2-3 weeks with a damaged foto, and I move in Uxio.

Junca can now start kncokign the ball past an opponent.

I get a great training report on GK Ivan VIllar, he’s improved a lot in the last six months, Morales inproved, but Suarez has declined, and

Away vs Cadiz, who are 6th in the league right now. Other than Uxio in and Romero heading in and DR, nothing else major is happening. Morales is fine. I start defensive, and we have a chance to win this! Very little happens early. It’s not until around 33 minutes in that anything of note happens. Nadjib fires an amazing long shot into the upper corner of the goal, after an opening is provided by Osmar. We are up in the first half after moving forward in the last 15 minutes and finishing with 9 shots, 4 on target, vs Cadiz’s 5 and 0. Don’t. Get. Complacent. No cards in the first half, but Cadiz gets two early in the 2nd. Then Junca crosses to Nadbjib and his scores in the 58th. It’s like all is right when Junca is back on the ML spot. My first sub is Denilson for Romero. Uxio injures a midfielder and they have to sub him out. Morales is tired, I send in Souto, and then Rolon for Ndi. Jordan a yellow card. Then we win 2-0, MOM is Nadjib.

Old 03-17-2016, 10:43 AM   #114
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Home vs Osasuna – Johnson has too many yellow and is benched a game. Osasuna are comfortably in first. Lopez is back in the lineup at DR, and I am moving Mosiuda to the Uxio spot vacated by the injury to Sergio Juarez’s injury. Due to the big nature of today’s game, I have also slid GK Barrio back in. Pick up from where you left off last match! Anaba, starting at ML finds Osmar for a score in the 3rd minute. We injure one of their defenders in the 14th. They give any a penalty in the 26th and here goes Morales…in. Score. I move to defensive, they have been hitting us hard all game long, we have just 3 shots, 2 on target, to their 7 and 4. We’ve been lucky. We get a break away opportunity and almost score in the 41st. Half. Scores are about the same, 51-49 possession, 8./4 us, 9/6 them, and 4 corners to their 3, and such. But we are leading with the PK and the early score. You’ve got this! 1st yellow of the game is in the 66th for Osasuna. I send in Denilson for Nadjib. Next is Souto for Vazquez. We are getting pressure again. Denilson shoots for the coren and they toip it over, nothing for the corner though. I send in….David Sanchez for Osmar. (Sanchez and Cascon are still on my squad on month to months) We win 2-0. Good stuff. Well done, MOM is Osmar

We are scoring with a huge number of crossing, and we are beginning to get complimented on it.

Osmar in Team of Week

Away vs Reus. Suarez is back but he’s still tired so he won’t play today. Rues are in 21st and lost 6 straight. We are obviously expected to…well…not lose. Johnson is back from red card, and I leave Barrio in after his great game vs Osasuna. Pick up where you left off! Junca crosses to Ndi, who slides the ball to Nadjib for a score in the 15th. That’s the only major action early – both sides are taking long inaccurate or panicked shots. Osmar a long shot of brilliance in the 32nd, from Ndi. He was open behind the box where defenders covered our attackers. Vazquez sets up Morales beautifully in the 38th, and the gk has to dive to knock it back, and Junca finishes. Good luck in the 2nd half. Keep it going! Reus with a gold in the 2nd half. Denilson for Lopez. On an IFK Vazquez hits Morales for a score in the 65th. Souto for Morales. Jordan booked. I send in Anaba and slide Junca back. Reus fires a long shot and it hits nice, and they get a score in the 80th. We had 26 shots today. Boom! We win 4-1 - Osmar is MOM

Osasuna lost again, and we are temporarily back in first, but other teams have games in hand

Five players in Team of Week – Osmar, Junca, Morales Ndi and Vazquez

End of February –

Training: Juan Lopez and Seenyane Mosiuda.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:39 PM   #115
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

March –

March – 4 – Away vs Bilbao
Mar 11 – Home v Lugo
Mar 18 – Home vs Tenerife
Mar 25 – Home vs Rayo

We are 2nd coming into March

We arrive is the Basque country to take on Bilbao. They are 8th in the league. GK Barrio remains in, he’s played well enough. Defensive orientation here as well, and Bilbao are slight favorites actually, due to being home. In the rain, quiet early. Junca crosses to Nadjib for a score off a counter in the 27th. Then he crosses to Morales for a score three minutes later. Paul Jordan almost gives a ball away with a very sloppy back pass that wasn;t necessary and was intercepted but the person who drove on goal missed. In extra time, Bilbao scores from a DFK. 2-1 half. The jobs not done, don’t get complacent. Jordan gets a booking, and I send him out. He has sucked. I send in Souto. Suarez is looking bad so I send in Mosiuda. Bilbao are pushing hard. Rolon subs Ndi. We win 2-1. MOM was Vazquez. Good job!

I slide Suarez to a rotation status. Vaz named I nTeam of Week

One of my scotus just sent me a report about this hot young Algerian player, and I send an enquiry. Then we finalize the offer for Said Meddour. I offer him a hot prospect status, and he’s fine with that.

Home vs Lugo - We have a three game home stand starting today. The combination of our foes rating at 19 and our home play makes us easy favorites. GK Villar is back, and Mosiuda is in for Suarez for now. Oh, Mosiuda is now very accomplished at the DR role, so I move him to learn DMC next. Carry on folks! Vazquez firs a ball deep to Nadjib who scores in the 19th. Lots of shots follow that aren’t on target. Half. Keep focused! Amazing goal follows. Vazquez finds Nadjib deep, he jukes past a defender and drives at goal and scores. Both did very well to make that goal. That’s Nadjib’s 10th of the year. Ndi drives, finds Osmar, who scores in the 57th. Souto for Morales, Anaba for Junca. They foul Anaba in the box and….Vazquez misses the PK. That would have been nice. We win 3-0. MOM is Osmar.

The Vaz and the O are in Team of Week

Meddour joins us, and he’ll arrive at the end of the year

Old 03-17-2016, 05:29 PM   #116
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

New intake of players – anybody good or great potential

WOW!

Say hello to Jesus Angel Ortega, 16th year, Striker, Born in Lineres,

14 dribb, 14 finish,
14 acc, 13 pace, 14 stamina

Mentals? 18 determination, 12 work rate, 14 teamwork, 14 flair, 14 leadership, 13 aggressio, 11 composure, 12 decisions, and 11 off the ball. Our coaches thng he’s determined, ambitious, could improve a lot, fast ,and consistent yet needs more fitness,

Smart, determined, and our coach’s say he’s 1 star current (for our league) four star potential. I don’t even wait, I immediately sign him for our club on a hot prospect deal. Anyone else? Not really.

The Tenerife match is here, and this is a big one. They are 3rd and a major contender for the playoffs. Diallo is out for international duty, and Suarez is back in for him. Pick up where you left off! Very quiet early on, and then Ndi gets a cross from DL Paul Jordan over the defense and attackers and scores in the 44th. No cards, all quiet, half Keep it up. Tenerife is wasting their shots and is just 5 and 0 on target. We’re 8 and 3. Suarez is still not doing well (6.4), and I send in Uxio. I slide in Romero for Nadjib and Denilson up front. Morales finds Ndi for a score in the 79th. Souto for Junca . They score off a header from a corner in te 83rd. They foul us and Ndi scores the PK. Hattrick for the lad. No cards the whole match. We win 3-1, Mom is obviously Ndi . Dropping Tenerfie is a good win for us

Jordan, Ndi, and Junca in Team of Week

I link up my start new striker and Cascon. I also sign two more youthers to permanent hot prospect deals.

Our final home game of March is against Rayo. They’re 15th, we are home and on a 6 game winning streak. Diallo is back and starting, and I move in Lopez at the DR although Denilson had some games for us there. Keep our run going! Short of eit – 12 shots, 6 on target, nothing on the board, and then late in the first, a Vazquez corner gets stopped and then Diallo scoops it up for a goal. Half. 1-0. Finish them !I slide in Denilson for Nadjib. Yellow card by Vazquez. On a FK, Vazquez’s shot is blocked, falls to Mosiuda who scores in the 73rd. I sub out Ndi, with a weak performance thus far, for Rolon. Uxio for Osmar. Rolon yellow. We win 2-0. Osmar is MOM

We break a club record for most wins in the row. Diallo is in Team of Week

I review my folks finishing up their deals in a few months, and I make offers to some youthers I want to retain. In addition to thos,e here are the big ones:

Vazquez
Rolon
GK Barrio
Anaba
Romero
Suarez
Arriaga
Uxio
Mahanah

We also have these people out on loans – Avila, Ebwelle, Marco Rosa, GK Pedro, DR Antonio Jesus Diaz, and others. I offer Diaz and some others extensions

End of March –

Training? Goof ro Lopez, Jordan and Mahanan

Old 03-17-2016, 07:12 PM   #117
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

April –

April 1 – Away vs Real Oviedo
April 8 – Away vs Llagostera
April 14 – Home vs Numancia
April 22 – Home vs Racing
April 29 – Away vs Real Betis

We are in 2nd place right now by 3 points, with a game in hand over #3 Real Betis, and 6 over 4th Tenerife, and 13 over Sporting at the five spot .

Game vs Real Oviedo – Vazquez is out with too many yellows. Souto is in instead. Keep the run going! I begin defensive. Real with all sorts of pressure early. Ndi is injured and I pull him at the 20 minute mark. Rolon heads in. We survive their onslaught, but haven’t really come close to a goal. Half. You can still win this one!Junca to Morales breaks the stalemate at the 57 mark. A few flowing moves by our foes turned aside. In heads Uxio for Mosiuda. Another attack turned aside by us. David Sanchez replaces Souto. Rolon finds Uxio on a corner for a score in the 89th. We win 2-1, MOM is JUnca.

Ndi is out for a week with a bruised head.

Diallo, Junca Moroales in Team of Week

Paul Jordan and Mosiuda finishes the language course and know knows Spanish fluently.

Away game vs Llagostera – Rolon starts tonight for Ndi. Ndi should be back by the next game though. Our foes are ranked 20th. Good news, Osasuna lost yesterday, and we can move ahead to the One spot with a win today. Vaz is back. I also start Denilson for Nadjib to give him a bit of a rest. Keep up the run! Llagostera start out the game in front for a while, until we counter and a Denilson strike is turned aside. Then they give us a penalty and Morales sinks it in the 8th. Half. Keep it up! Vazquez penalty followed by a booking. Bruno for Vaz. Uxio for Mosiuda. Jordan yellow. Anaba in. Llago have tween better than us all day long, and they prove it by sinking a ball in extra time. Not good enough!

Old 03-17-2016, 08:12 PM   #118
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Home vs Numancia. They are 22nd and dead last. We aren’t. Ndi is back, and I put in Nadjib as well. Keep our run going! Nadjib injured and Denilson heads in. Half . That was a quick, 60 second half, with only the injury to speak of. Keep your heads up! Vaz a yellow. Morales intercepts a pass for their GK in the 70th and scores. Morales finds Ndi for a nice long shot that sinks in the 75th Uxio heads in for Mosiuda. Then he promptly gets a yellow card. We win 2-0. Better late than never. MOM is Ndi.

We have secured ourselves a playoff spot, as have Osasuna. Both of us have 73 points, and looking good.

Ndi in Tema of Week

Home vs Racing. They’ve fallen into 10th, can we push them further down the list? Uxio starts today for Mosiuda. Keep up the run! In the first minute, we have three shots, none on target, and no result. Osmar booked At the half, no one has any shots on goal from either team 8-0 us, 3-0 them. Keep working hard, the result will come! Uxio booked. I send in Suarez for him. Shots are hitting goal now. Rolon for Nadjib. We injure a Reading dork. Nothinghappens. I pul forward to control, and then attacking. And then….finally. with 3 extra minutes of stoppage time, and a the 93:13 mark, Rolon finds Osmar for a score. We win, barely, 1-0. Wins are wins. That was a bit of alet off, we can’t afford to keep doing that! (Osasuna had won, so if we had tied, we’d b 2 points behind them in the title chase now)

Osmar in Team of Week

Away vs Real Betis, in 3rd. This is a major match. Mosiuda back in, and I start Romero. Veangence! They have a great shot on goal in the 0:56 and Villar is only just able to turn it aside, but the corner is nothing and back to normal. They have three attackers, none hit the paydirt, and our one counter doesn’t either. And then, in extra time, they finally break our goal for a score. Johnson get a booking and then it’s half. Unlucky! They score again in the 52nd A third off a corner in the 55th. Anaba for Jordan, Junca hits Morales for a score in the 58th, Denilson for Romero. Rolon for Ndi. We injue a Betis player, but not badly enough to force him to leave the pitch. We finish with 15 shots, 8 on target to Real Betis’s 22 and 10. We lose 3-1 – Not happy with that!

Betis won a playoff spot after beating us. With a tie, Osasuna moves in front by a point over us.

Enf of April –

Training of the Good – Jordan, Mosiuda, and Jesus Angel Ortega, our new striker guy

Old 03-17-2016, 10:54 PM   #119
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

May –

May 6 – Away vs Castilla
May 13 – Home vs Pontefferria
May 19 – Away vs Mirandes
May 27 – Home vs Girona
(June 3rd, Home vs Las Palmas, the final game of the year)

We are in 2nd place

Away vs Castilla, the 15th team in the league. Lopez backi in and good luck! Ndi to Morales for a long shot on the mark in the 16tth. 30 minutes in, Castilla haven’t had a single shot. . Jordan and Diallo with yellows. Don’t get complacent! Vaz to Morales for a goal in the 60th . Waved off. Anaba in. Denilson for Nadjib. Uxio in for Diallo. Morales finds Ndi deep who crosses to Denilson for a goal in the 87th. We win 2-0. Vaz is MOM.

Vaz and the O in the Week’s Team

Home vs Pontaferria. Diallo and Jordan are out with too many yellows. Anaba and Uxio are starting for them today. Carry on from the last match! We are expected to win, even with our two out for discipline. Pontaferradina with the early momentum. They score in the 15th. Half. I expect a much better half from you! I ease to control. . Morales scores in the 56th from a set up by Ndi. Nadjib with a score in the 66th after Vazquez finds him and jukes around a defender. Back to standard. SOuto for Anaba. Lopez with a booking. I send in Romero. Morales to Ndi in the 79th. I send in my youther, Jesus Angel Ortega for Morales. We win 3-1. What a comeback! Morales is MOM.

Reus relegated. 3 games left. Osasuna have dropped a point after tying, and are now one point behind us and we are in 1st. We are 7 points ahead of 3rd, and can comfortably believe to be automatically promoted in the 1 or 2 spot.

Morales in Team of Week

Old 03-17-2016, 11:48 PM   #120
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I hold a team meeting

Sanchez and Mahanan both announce retirement.

Away vs Mirandes, no major changes. If we win, then we secure the 2 spot and guarantee promotion. Keep up the run, and I start defensively minded. We have a counter attack fail, and then a push do so as well. Mirandes are missing, and then yellowing here in a messy raining stadium today. Quietly quiet, as we have some shots miss their target, and then Mirandes follow Half. This match is winnable! Miranes pushes hard for 10 minutes post halftime. Denilson for Nadjib. Rolon in, and then Suarez in. 0-0 boring draw. MOM is Osmar.

Morales’s agent wants to redo his deal and I agree.

Osasuna win and move into 1st.

Diallo is no longer going to try killer passes. Another team meeting is held.

Home vs Girona. I don’t make any major changes this time either. Vengeance! Junca crosses to Morales in a lovely and decisive manner for a score in the 4th minute. Vaz booked. Corner in the 25th from Vaz to Mosiuda on target, bounced back by the GK and Osmar sinks in. They grab a yellow tackling Nadjib just before the half. Junca crosses lethally to Morales in the 45+1 and hits. Half we are up 3-0. Don’t get complacent. Souto in for Vaz, I don’t want a yellow issue. Denilson in, then Rolon. We just dominated this game – 22 shots to 3 is one way. MOM is Junca. We got promoted to the Liga officially. Congrats!

Old 03-18-2016, 12:13 AM   #121
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Osasuna won and are out too.

We get a salary and transfer bump in anticipation of next year.

Numancia relegated – Alcorcon gets a playoff spot.

Souto now can dole out some killer balls

Ndi can been called up for the Cameroon World Cup Squad.

Dialllo, Morales, and junca in Team of Week

End of May –

Training - Ndi, Lopez, and ST Jesus Angel Ortega all impressed.

I hold a team meeting and tell my lads that the goal was never to win, so don’t feel any repssure today, and they all agree. We finished 2nd and secured promotion, that’s enough.

Home vs Las Palmas – This is the last game of the year, and we are one point behind Osasuna. If we win and they tie or lose we make it. I put Mahanan on the bench. He’s played with this club his whole life, and he’s retiring. I want to give him some time late. Due to Diallo playing internationally, Uxio starts . Enjoy the game! Welcome to Africa Las Palmas. Early strikes on target by both teams turn up nothing. Then quiet for a while before things pick up again in the 30s. Uxio gest the first card of the night, and then they follow and then its halftime. 0-0. Keep going out there! Osmar to Nadjib for a gaol in the 53rd. I send in Mahanan for Uxio after his yellow card. Ndi to Vazquez for a score in the 66th. I send in retiring David Sanchez for Vazquez. Rolon heads in. Rolon booked. They score in extra time. We win 2-1. Good work!

Osasuna loses, and we won, so….we win the league.

Llagostera and Las Palmas head back down. Cadiz won a playoof spot, so they were promoted last year, and are in the playoffs this one. Meanwhile Logrones finished 9th, so they are likely here for a while. We are not the only hot riser!

Old 03-18-2016, 12:36 AM   #122
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Stats!

League Team Stats –

We won, what stats did we lead? Most goals with 78, 1 more tha Real Betis

Highest % of shots on target

Fewest goals allowed – 29

We spent more money on transfers than the rest of the league combined, but I hewed my salary down to 14th to do so.

And that’ it.

League Player Stats:

With 10 each, Paul Jordan and Diallo were tied for 4th most yellows. Bad players.

At 8, Vazquez led the league with the MOM, and Osmar rocked 7

Osmar was 3rd most miles run, and Junca was 5th

Get ready to hold onto your butts. Who was the best, most highest rated player in the league?

David Vazquez, with 7.94. Then Osmar with 7.84.

Morales, Ndi, and Junca round out top 10

Morales was 2nd in gaols with 23, 3 behind the leader. Nadjib was 7th with 15

Junca was tied for 2nd with 13 assists, Morales had 12

Morales and Vazquez were 2nd and 3rd in key passes

Diallo had 4 mistakes leading to foal tied for 6th worse in the league

Daillo was 5th in key headers, 6th in most interceptions,

VIllar was 2nd in goals allowed. 2nd most shutouts with 18

Individual stats and such –

GK Villar – 37 league starts, 25 goal allowed, 18 clean sheets, 6.85 rating

DC Mosiuda – 29 apps, 1 goal, 2 assist, 6.99 rating

DC Diallo – 36 apps, 3 goals, 7.16 rating

DC Suarez – 19 apps, 8.82 rating

DC Uxio – 28 apps, 1 goal, 6.79 rating

DR Juan Lopez – 31 apps, 7.06 rating

DL Jordan – 28 apps, 1 goal, 1 assst, 7.11 rating

DM Osmar, 42 ap, 6 goals, 8 assist, 7 MOM, 7.84 rating

MR Ndi – 41 apps, 13 goals, 9 assist,, 4 Mom, 7.53 rat

ML Junca – 42 apps, 1 goal, 13 assist, 3 MOM, 7.53 rating

MC Vazqe – 41 apps, 4 goals, 8 assist, 8 MOM, 7.94 ratig

ST Morales – 41 apps, 23 goals, 12 assist, 5 MOM, 7.57 rat

ST Nadjib – 38 apps, 15 goas, 8 assist, 3 MOM< 7.37 rating

Others:

Souto – 14 appes, 1 goal, 6.93 rating

Rolon – 28 apps, 2 goals, 3 assists, 6.91 rat

Anaba – 27 apps, 3 goals, 3 assist, 2 MOM, 7.15

We had improved years from Vazquez, Ndi, and my GK position. Morales was a clear hit and I’ve never had a trequarista that worked before. You’ve got to respect it

Old 03-18-2016, 01:43 AM   #123
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Financial stuff:

Here are my major money players

Morales – 1.7 mill
Ndi – 1.6 mill
Nadjib – 1.4 mill
Junca – 1.4 mill
Osmar – 1.1 mille
Villar – 1.1 mill
Mosiuda – 650k
Jordan – 575k
Diallo – 550k
Juan Lopez – 500k

Those are my 500k+ players.

Now I have some major clubs chasing after some of these.

Villar – Napoli – 8.75 mill release

Junca – Lorient, Kaislerslautern, Nurnberg – 5 mill release

Mosiuda –Paris Ste-Germain – 4.7 mill minim release

Jordan – Chelsea, Everton, Man City, Man Utd – 4.3 mill release clause

Juan Lopez – Real Madrid, Barcelona – 4.5 mill min

I guarded my peoples

I also promoted myself for promotion. Only my major players are still here next year right now:

GK Villar
DC Diallo, Mosiuda
DR/L Lopez, Jordan
MR Ndi
ML Junca
DMC Osmar
ST Morales, Nadjib

Backups – Souto, Denilson,

That leaves me a lot of space to dig out a good high quality squad that won’t get relegated. I can use spots freed up by players like Romero, GK Barrio, retirees Sanchez, Arriaga, Mahanan, and such.

But there are a few I want to double check:

Rolon
Anaba
Uxio
Suarez?
Romero?

And then ask the Vazquez question

These players have to one degree tor another been helpful to me.

Let’s start with the one I thin kwill be the easiest – Suarez.

29 years old, great head/jump, weaker mark and tack, but smart and savvy. I agree Suarez’s time has come. Good bye buddy

The next I want to check out is Romero – who’s been with Melilla his whole career now at the age of 25. Now if Romero were willing to take a cheap backup role, I’d send him to my B squad happily. I’m not sure, so I approach him. He is interested in a backup role, but doesn’t like the idea of a cheap deal. I’d consider him, if he were more flexible in the positions he pkays, but after three eyars with me, he’s only learned one more spot. So he’s good, but he played poorly, and I’m comfortable ending his Melilla tensure.

Next is Uxio a signing that helped me get promoted from the Segunda division B Group 4 a few years ago. I am not sure he’s ready for the next level. He was always just okay here. I’m fine with Uxio leaving too.

And that gives me some chance to find better defenders as well for the next level, with Uxio, Romero, Suarez, and Mahanan all gone

Rolon – Where is Maxi today? His passing and cross and other technical attributes never really bumped up that well. He’s okay in a pressing situation, but not great. He’d be willing to sign a simple backup role, but way too expensive – like 5k+. Nah.

Anaba – The best of the group I’ve looked at thus far, very flexible with his positions, and is now 24 and about the cap of his development, but he’s solid. We worked him on things like cross/pass and composure/concentration and he’s improved. I could see him as a backup at the next level subbing in due to his flexibility. I make Anaba an offer

And now it’s time

David Vazquez is awesome. He is getting better and better the harder things get for him, and he’s this rock at 32 for my attack. But despite his play on the pitch, he’ really not that strong. He pass isn’t amazing, he doesn’t have these intimidating mentals, he’s slow at 11/11, and such. We rated him as a 2.5 stars this year, and yet he played as one of the best players in the club. He wants to come back, and I have to admit that I’d have a fondness seeing if he could take his game to the next level, but I also feel like throwing money at him would be like the cash I tossed to Sufian, whom I should never have extended. Offer him a simple one year rotation deal, and he agrees.

Assuming that they sign, that gives us these numbers:

1 GK
2 DC
1 DR
2 DL/ML
1 DMC
1 MC
1 MR
2 ST

Backup – 1 DR/ST, 2 Middies who can play ST if needed (Souto, Anaba),

Total of squad size – 14. Add in youth like ST Jesus Angel Ortega or Antonio Jesus Diaz as needed

Alright, who’s next?

Youthers like Ebwelle, Avila, etc

Goodbye Avila, Ebwelle, Marco Rosa, GK Pedro,

Old 03-18-2016, 02:24 AM   #124
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Melilla End fo Season Awards:

Fans Player of the Season – David Vazquez (followed by Osmar, and Morales)

Goal of the Season - Morales vs Castila on May 6th

Signing of the Season – Morales, for free

Young Player of the Season – Ndi

About half my a squad are dubious about staying in the Liga and about half are very okay with it.

Annual Training Summary –

Hits by Nadjib, Villar, Mosiuda, Lope,z, and Jesus Angel Ortega

The board announces an extension to the stadium of 3000 seats.

I head to the board to ask for more scouts. I can now have 9. They also agree to upgrade the training facilities. In my opinion they are far under the class needed in the Liga. I also convince them to upgrade the youth facilities. So we are getting a ton of upgrades right now. We need it though.

Cadiz and Real Betis win the first leg of the first round of their playoffs.

Time to look at my staff

I offer new deals to some of my scouts.

Mahanan wants too much money to remain my Director of Football, so he’ll go, which is really, really stupid, by the by.

I extend Arrianga as my scout

I offer a scout deal to Argentian player Diago Calgaro

What coaches are ending this year?

I offer to extend Serginho, our 4 star GK by one year, and then Israel by the same for his shooting proficiency. Two other coaches are offered 1 year extensions as well. I want to have coverage so I have time to find replacements if I can.

I begin shopping for a new Ass Man. No one immediately jumps out at me, so I’ll hold off for now

I also extend my physio y a year

9 Jun – Here comes the first attack on my carefully assembled squad. Man Utd are offering me a deal of potentially 1.9 mill for Paul Jordan. He’s worth 725k, and they are offering 600k up front, and then 450k over installments, and bonuses of 275 and 55 k eacj, with a 40% of profit from the next sale. I find that a very disappointing offer. I don’t even get cash up front equal to his value.

I make a counter offer that’s much much better. I swap 40% profit of next sale with just 40% next sale, I increase the front end go 2.7 mill, and I cut the 55k bonuses out to show I am willing to deal. I figured that would be too much. They accepted. Bastards.

I accept similar offers from Arsenal and Chelsea.

Cadiz and Betis won and will face off against each other. Meanwhile my scout offer is taken by Calgaro

The final playoff game arrives - Cadiz wins the first leg at home 1-0.

Jordan accepted a 3.2 mill bid, for Chelsea and is heading out. I confirm the deal

Now let’s go shopping with the transfer kitty

Who’s out there that might be willing to come to us and help us out? I need either a DL or a ML, preferably DL.

Got one.

Marc-Oliver Kempf, German, 23 years old, plays for Freiburg. Plays DC and DMC and would be a good starter in the Liga according to my scouts. We could grab him and start him at DC and then rotate in my other two youthers – Mosiuda and Diallo. He’s valued at 12mill but he’s willing to come bplay for us if we can sign him. I make an enquiry

Next is Oliver, a 23 year old Spanish guy who plays in the Liga for Atletico. Unhappy, transfer listed by request, young and strong, never really cut it there. Plays a bunch of positions really well – MR, ML, MC< AM RLC and ST. I ask for a scout report of him

Ideally I’d use the Chelsea for multiple upgrades on my roster.

I also scout out Lasse Vigen Christensen, Abdou Aziz Thiam, Wallyson, Brazilian Auro, Takumi Minamino, and many others

How about some plaeyrs coming free in a few weeks?

22 year old Egyptian/Belgium set piece specialist middd e Ahmed Sayed

I do a ton of scouting and then check out the results

I make an enquiery to a Romanian club for a 27 year old Spanish player named Alex Martinez who can play the positions of Junca/Jordan

I make Sayed an offer.

Oliver’s price was slashed considerably. I make him an offer.

I make a pair of enquiries for other players too

We come to negotiated offer with Oliver

I submit an offer for Wallysonbtus’ he’s not a top target by any means

Nah, it’s too many center middies. I withdraw my offer for Wallyson for now.

Cadiz win promotion to the Liga as well after defeating Betis 3-1 on the road and 4-1 aggregate.

Vazquez set a record for the best overall rating in the history of the league.

Avila won the B2 division top goal scorer with 16 goals in 35 games

I sign Oliver for 1.8 mill. This is a good open salvo

Sayed joins us as well

Both play in the middle, and Oliver can drop the various sides as well. I can start Oliver at the ML spot and drop Junca to DL, as one example. Oliver was looking for a new challenge, and this should prove to be it.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:06 AM   #125
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright, next up.

Kempf would be great, they want too much

I scout up some solid DCs.

I make an offer to a guy I found named Antonio Milic a Croatian player, who two other teams are making offers to, but neither are a large like ours, and I like him since he can play a bunch of defensive positions. I make an offer to him. I do like him, and the offer is 500k + bonuses around 625k total

I find another DC that I love, and he’s very Icelandic, and I try to make an offer to him. I make an offer for him. Sverrir Ingi Ingason.

Ingason agrees to a deal prior to Milic. Which would I prefer?

As a pure DC, Ingason is better by far. Milic has the flexibility to play other positions and Ingasson deosn;t. (I do, barely, have enough money for both I I drop my salary some). Do I even want both?

Alright lets bring in Ingason, and if Milic wants, he can join too, although there’s no guarantee that he’d want too anyway

Paris Ste-Germain make an offer or Mosiuda at 4.700 mill, the non-negotiable offer for him. Milic signs with us

My current new folks:

DC Ingason
MC Sayed
Middle Oliver
ST Said Meddour (youth , trong Algerian, signed earlier)
D RLC /WB, DMC Milic

That’s good for now, I want to get stock of my team first

Mosiuda signs and we make 4.7 mill

I have a hole on my roster, but Ingason, Diallo, and Milic should be fine, and another major inject of cash arrives as well…

Who would be a nice addition to my squad? Are there other players out there that are perfectly signable? I scout some youth and send some equiries

I found one I like to make an offer for. River’s Italian youth player Jacopo Moschella. I negotiate to a 1.6 mill offer for him. He plays ST and trequarista is his main thag, so I can grab him and sub him in and out for Moralles easy enough. He even speaks Spanish

Another thing I’d like to consider is GK.

If I brought it a much better GK and then developed Villar into it I think that would help. I scout up a few GKs. There sis one I know would like me, Kim Seung-Gyu, starting GK for the South Korean national club, and pretty good. But I’d need to sign some Koreans, and then move Souto to free up the Non-Eu splot on my starting 11 and such.

Rules for the Liga:

20 teams, 38 games

7 subs, 3 played.
Max 3 non-EU folks, 3 GK, 23 outfielders, 25 max team,

So it’s 3, and that allows Kim. Hmmmm. I send in an enquiry.

We get an acceptance with Moshella, and I make an offer to him. Others are making offers to, supposedly.

We make an offer for Kim, and he has agreed to think it over

Old 03-18-2016, 11:35 AM   #126
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

June 30 is jhere.

Mahanan’s desires for cash have dropped and I resigned him

I make na offer to Miguel Luis, a Portugese youther. He agrees a few hours later

End of June

I sign GK Barrio to a one year backup deal for cheap.

7 signings arrive:

Youth –Said Meddour, Miguel Luis

Current Squad

GK Villar, Barrio
DC – Diallo, Severrir Ingi , Antonio Millic
DR – Juan Lopez, Millic
DL – Millic, Junca
DMC _ Osmar
MC Souto, Vazquez, Sayed
MR Ndi, Oliver
ML – Anaba,
ST Morales, Danilson, Nadjib, Martinez

20right now with a GK on the way perhaps – 21,

And we could slide in Gomes, ST Ortega, and such.

This is where we’re at right now.

My keys are increasing our Keeping, and then maybe somewhere else.

I begin to accept loan offers from other clubs.

I get an enquiry for a transfer for Lopez from Paris.

World Cup 2018 Finals:

Chile vs Uruguay
Argentina vs USA
Germany/Brazil va Denmark/England
Belgium/Wales bs Holland/France

Old 03-18-2016, 02:59 PM   #127
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here are my new players drilled into:

23 years old, Oliver, M/AM RLC, ST – 13s speed, 13 cross, 18 passing, 18 first touch, technique, 17 dribbling, 13 corners, and then 9 finish, 10 free kicks, and such. Mentally he’s 19 flair, 18 vision14 teamwork, composure, anticipation, but just 9 work rate, 8 aggression, 7 bravery, and 8 positioning. He’s good at the stats you want an attacking styled middle to be good at – passings, crossing,flair, first touch, technique, vision, and such. But not a lot of ability to play outside of that role. We signed him with 17.75k, key player, for four years. Worth 4.5 mill. I see Oliver as a strong squad addition, who is currently the best one on my team and can play a lot of spots and roles in my squad like MR or ML

Oliver wiki - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%93liver_Torres

DMC/DC Severrir Ingi Ingason – 16/15 speed, 13 jump, 16 head, 13 pass, 17 tackle, 14 mark, 11 tenciqhue and corners, and then 13s or higher in every key mental stat needs (Aggression, Bravery, etc). Physicals are good, and he’s at 13+ at everything other than an 11 for stamina. 15.25k/week, 2 year deal, 2.6 mill value. I see Ingason starting at DC pretty regularly

Ingason - wiki - Sverrir Ingi Ingason - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pic -

D RLC, WB LR, DMC Antonio Milic, 24 years old, 13s speed, 16 jump, 14 head, 12 balance and then every other non speed physical stat is 14+, technical are lower with 13 technique, tackling, 12 mark, first touch, 11 dribbl, and then solid mentals, but nothing major, like 14 bravery and workrate, and 13 aggression and positions and teamwork. A good solid rotation guy (I’ll massage his stuff later). 15.25k/week, 3 years, worth 675k, and key player.

Milic wiki - Antonio Milić - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MC/AMC Ahmed Sayed – 22 years old, 15/15 speed, 16 stamina, 15 teamwork, work rate, and tons fo 14 mentals (6 stats) and then 13 visions and flair. 14 first touch, passing, 15 corners, 14btechnique, free kick 17,, long shots 15, finishing 11, dribble 13, and tackle even 12. 12.75k/week, 3 yers, key player, 2 mill value. I see Ahmed Sayed as a strong Vazquez option for the next level, and if Vaz falls short, he’s that guy. If somehow Vaz manages to do well, well, he’s 32, and won’t for too long.

Sayed - Ahmed Sayed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia wiki, and pic:

I still have offers out for GK Kim Seung-Gyu, ST Moschella, and I don’t think the Moschella one will work, there are offers by Real Madrid and Barcelona as well to Moshcella.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-18-2016 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:22 PM   #128
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In the past I’ve always found that when you get promoted, some players aren’t able to deal with the uptick in talent and challenges, while others revel and flourish with it. This is particularly true when heading up to a top league like the EPL or Liga. Take this dynasty. I thought Mahmoud would be a powerful ST for me in the next level, and he wasn’t, he dropped a bit, although he was still quality, but he wasn;t there. I thought Pepe Romero would play hot, and he has the abilities, but he didn’t. I had serious doubts about Vazquez’s transition and he outplayed his year for me in the lower league two consecutive years in a row.

I have no idea which of my retained players will play well and which will disappoint. If I had to guess, I’d say that Junca and Ndi will be fine, Osmar won’t be bothered at all, Diallo will take a step back but be okay, Morales and Nadjib will be lost in the goal, Lopez will need to be benched to grow more, and Anaba/Souto aren’t going to make a major impact. But who knows? Ndi could be sucky, Osmar overwhelmed, and Diallo a rockstar. So I need to give my roster some time to congeal and test the waters. That’s my goal the first half of the season, other than add talent where it’s essential to fill holes (DC for Mosiuda, DR for Jordan) or to push myself where it’s needed (midfield, defense, goal)

I ask for, and receive permission to get another coach.

And we set up the first Melilla Trial Day!

I have these nationalities in my staff:

Spain, Portugal, Morocco, France, Cape Verde, Argentina, Turkey, Croatia, Netherlands

The more nations in your staff, the better you know that area.

So I like to bring in staff to give us a homefield advantage when it comes to scouting.

I make an offer for Brazilian scout to join us, then an Italian one and a Mexican scout

I terminate my Ass Man and make an offer to French Yves Colleu

I begin to scout out nearby folks and I come across an interesting GK talent from Morocco. I also scout out a bunch of Morroccan folks in the national squads. There are some that aren’t signed right now

Kim has signed with us

GK Kim, Seung-Gyu – GK, Korean guy, 27 years old, 2.2 mill value, 13k//week, 3 years, GK stuff – 16 aerial, communication, one on ones, handling, throwing, 15 command of area, 14 reflexes, 12 punch, passing, kicking, 11 1st touch, eccentricity, and rushing out. Physcially – 12/12 speed, 13 jump, 14 agility, 13 and balance, 12 stamina, 14 str. Mental? 12 anticipation, decisions, 17 determination, 14 positiong, 10 teamwork, work rate, 9 vision, 12 composure and concentration, and 11 leadership. So adequate mentals and physically, very technically proficient.

wiki - Kim Seung-gyu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pic -

Osmar, our team captain speaks Korean, so this is a solid move for me

I like a young Korean guy on their U20 squad. I make an offer for him

I get two offers for Lopez. Real Madrid and Paris’s are taken. Yves COlleu joins us – more staff begin to follow

I make an offer to bring in David Sanchez as a U19 coach.

The Trial Day was cancelled due to a lack of interest

Old 03-18-2016, 05:54 PM   #129
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Lopez signs for 6 mill to Real Madrid

I’m done with this crap. I make an offer for Roberto Ragazzi again, the young Italian guy I’ve liked for a while, but then slid to Lopez when Bologna re-signed him. I settle on a 1 mill deal for him.

He signs:

DRC(Some L) Roberto Ragazzi, 17 years old, 5k/week, rotation, 3 year deal, 650k value, 15/14 speed, 14 jump, str, 16 stamina, 11 agi, 12 bal, 15 fitness; 15 heading, 17 marking, 12 passing, 13 tackling, 9 cross, 11 technique; 17 deter, 12 work rate, 16 teamwork, 13 leader, 14 decisions, 12 anticip, concentration, position, 11 composure, brave, flair. He’s a solid addition, I can play him at the spot Lopez is about to leave, I can drop him at DC and he’s unconvincing at DL, which I will train him to grow in. No cons – all prots.

In the World Cup Quarters, Uruguay beat Chile, Argentina beat the USA, Frane beat Belgium and England knock out Brazil.

The young Italian we were chasing, Moschella, signs with Man Utd

Yves gives us 4.5 training in Ball Control

I accept offers to loan out ST Martinez and Middle Souto in order to free up my non-EU slot. I have Morales and GK Seung-Gyu.

We are given 12.18 mill season TV rights, and then I take my expectations to avoid Relegation (not bravely) and we get a big bump in cash.

My board come to me and ask if I’d be okay with raising the salaries of staff, and I agree. They offer me more scouts and coaches too

I make an offer to one of my favorite former players ,FInidi George to be coach for us and he accepts. He’s really good too, and he adds a Nigerian element to my staff

I make an offer to a Ukrainian and USA scouts.

The board agree to fund me when working on a training course

I also like Giovani Invernizzi as a coac for me, Italian guy

I also offer to Nikola Popovic, a Serbian coach

The Korean youth I was chasing signed with AC Milan

I offer my new youthers like Said Meddour or Miguel luis out for loans.

Old 03-18-2016, 06:39 PM   #130
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I am currently swimming in cash.

We have four updates going on right now – expanded grounds, relaying pitch, improving training and youth facilities.

I set up some friendlies Our first game of the season is August 26.

I arrange friendlies wit Bilbao, Cadiz, Aston Villa, Tenerife, and Real Betis. One a week, every Sunday for 5 weeks

Since I’m swimming in cash, is there anyone else that calls to me? Someone that could really push us to the next level?

Young Striker Patrick Bamford, of Ireland, os on a free, he;s pretty good

Middie Jefferson Montero is pretty good too, and from Ecuador as well, so him and Morales would be buddies. He would need to reside in Spain and apply, hes got enough days to qualify as Spanish. 28 years old

Moroccan middle Oussama Assaidi is also free and would join us. 29 years old.

Ideally I’d bring in a striker in case either Nadjib or Morales can’t cut it at the next level. That’s Bamford. I think Morales will be okay and Nadjib will suffer. So I make an offer to the unsigned Bamford. That seems like a good guy for free.

Bamford signs. He was let go my Chelsea, he;s 24 and he’s on the Irish National Team. Key player, 19k/week for 4 years, worth 6.75 Mill, 24 years old, 14/15 speed, 14 agility, 15 stamina, strength, 13 balance, jump, 11 fitness; 15 finish, 14 1st touch, technique, penaltyies, 13 long shots, 12 dribble, cross, 11 head, pass; 12 flair, 15 anticipation, off the ball, 14 composure, decisions, work rate, 13 teamwork, vision, concentration, 12 determination, 11 positioning

So Bamford is strong. He’ll likely play up front attacking a lot and he gives me a powerful option. That’s enough signings for now.

I offer a four year extension to GK Villar with a changed hot prospect deal, instead of the rotation deal he previously had.

Some of the coaches I offered are beginning to arrive

Bamford - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Bamford

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-18-2016 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:07 PM   #131
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I have a ton of cash, so what I would like to do is shop for a bargain. I check to see if any players with a high high value are listed for cheap basement bargain proices, like a 25 mill guy for 5 mill or something like that. I scout a couple that I find

Finidi George has arrive!

And my scout reports come back too. Any good Craiglist style moves I could invest in?

There’s a few:

Alex Pritchard, English, 25, midfield for TOttenham, worth 13 mill, for sale for 5.5 mill

2 year old Boscilla, Brazilian at AS Monaco, worth 11.5 mill, available fo r5.75

DM/MC Omar Masarell at West Ham, worth 7 mill, available for 5

23 year old Adama Traore at Moaco as wel, 10 mill value, 5.5 mill sale

25 year old Ravel Morrison, valued at 9.75 mill, for sale for 4.8 mill, English plays for Lazio

DM/ AM/M C Darko Brasanac, at Sportin, 26, 9.25 mill value, 5 mill sale

DWBM R DeAndre Yedlin, USA< plays for TOttenham, worth9.25 mill but available for 4.6

All of these would be interested in coming here. I left off those that aren’t. Any future Melilla folk her?

Traore is the best of the list, but he doesn’t play a position fo need – MC, AMC

Current Squad Check -

GK Seung-Gyu
DC Ibrahim Diallo
DC Ingason
DR Roberto Ragazzi
DL Junca
DMC Osmar
ML Oliver
MR Ndi
MC Vazquez/Sayed
ST Bamford
ST Morales

Others of Note – Milic, who can rotate into DL and move Junca up, and slide Oliver to MR, spell Ragazzi at DR, or run at DC
Nadjib – Who can play on the wings or ST
Anaba – Can play lots of mid spots
GK Barrio, Villar – backups
Denilson, backup DR and ST

That’s 18 key folks on my squad for sure.

Other youthers of value include ST Jesus Angel Ortega – doesn’t need to be squad assigned as a U18 EU guy

That’s not a lot fo depth. Who covers for my various internationals when they are away? Who subs in when tired, red cards, or injury? I need more depth

At DC, I have Ragazzi who can slide over, Milic, Ingason, Osmar who can slide over, and Diallo. But another option would be nice – I had four major ones last year.

At DR I can run Ragazzi, Denilson and Milic. That’s fine

At DL I have Milic and Junca. I’d like a 3rd, so a backup who can play DC and DL would be nice

At DMC I have Osmar, and Diallo, Milic can run it too. I can also move to a normal 442 if things get wonky. I’m fine

At ML I have Oliver, Junca, Nadjib, and Anaba – good coverage

At MR I have Oliver, Ndi, Anaba, and that’s it. One more would be totally fine with me, but not necessary

At MC I have Vazquez, Sayed, Ndi, Anaba, Oliver, Osmar. We’re good to go

At ST I have Bamford, Morales, and then Nadjib, Denilson, youther Ortega

If I could being in folks, we need some defensive addtiions, maybe another strong middie too. Preferably people who won’t mind not getting brought on that often, like young folks on a hot prospect deal, for example

Whoa hello phoenix. I may have a youther player, another major addition, and a strong option, all in one. But he’s another Non-EU guy. That would cap me . But he’s good.

I make an offer for Yoon Jae-Hwan, a great Korean newly generated player, with great evaluations.

Out for loan is Martinez and Souto, due to the EU rules. I could bring one or both back if needed. But If I bring in Yoon, that’s not super likely

When I scouted Yoon looking for a tag team partner for my GK he wasn’t interested. Now he would join us, according to our scouts. Maybe that’s because we have a Korean player on our club? And a Korean speaking captain?

I negotiate an offer of 2.8 mill for him

We negotiate an offer in about an hour after the offer was accepted

I loan out Martinez. I also offer him two more years with us

Uruguay defeats France ,and Argentina defeat England in the semis of the World Cup

Argentina defeats Uruguay badly (4-0) to win the 2018 World Cup!

My peops are back, and I hold my pre-season meeting with my staff.

I sign my guy. In coms Yoon Jae-Hwan

Hold onto your butts:

19 years old, Yoon, 4 caps already, plays M/AM RLC – 8.5k/week, 4 year deal, worth 2.6 mill, 15/16 speed, 15 stamina, 13 str, fitness, and 11 balance (3 jump); 13/15 cross/pass, 17 first touch, 14 technique, 13 tackl, 12 mark, dribble, 11 long shots, 10 head, 9 finishing; 17 work rate, 13 determ, 15 decisions, 16 vision, 13 concentration, composure, 12 off theball, teamwork position, anticipation, 11 flair, 10 aggression, brave.

He’s very sexy. 7 pros, just one con (The non EU things). Determined fast, versatile, suited for the league, professional, international, etc. Lots of good stuff. We think he’s a 4 star guy right now, and the potential to grow a lot more. At just 19, lots of opportunity to do precisely that. Yoon is a good, solid, addition to my squad

Old 03-18-2016, 10:37 PM   #132
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now I’d like to find another lesser one for defense

Martinez sings our offer, followed by GK VIllar

I do a little scouting.

I found a guy to make a play for.

We agree to a 750k deal. I make an off with Dinamo in Croatia for him

He signs with us about two hours later.

After bonuses and such, it was around 900k in total for him:

19 year old Ivory Coast Guy Ouattara, DLRC, 6.5k/week, 4 years, 700k value, 14/15 speed, 18 strength, 16 balance, 15 jump, 14 fitness, 13 agility, stamina; Mental stuffs include – 18 determination, 15 work rate, positioning, brave, 14 leadership, decisions, 13 concentration, aggression, 12 composure, 11 teamwork; Tech includes 16 tack, 11 technique, 13 mark, 12 head, 12 1st touch, 12 cross,11pass, 8 dribb, not great here. Needs work. But he’s smart, physically there, and can sub in and learn the game better. Our coaches this his versatile, determined, well suited to LIGA, fast, and strong. No cons

He’s worse than Milic and Junca on the DL, 4th on rhe DC list, but good on the DR side. As an Ivorian, he counts as a Contonu Agreement player and can play without striking against the non-EU players

We spent 9.31 mill and gain 13.65 mill this season in transfers.

I tried to spend my money from Lopez/Mosiuda/Jordan well across many people

Our salary is currently:

296k, and we are spending 250k
Transfer left? 2.537 mill

We’re in the money

As of July 18, I have 15 players out for loan

I make some offers to some young players for hot prospect deals.

We are selling a ton of season tickets. Despite the 12000 seater, we only sold around 1200 tickets in the Segunda ,and that doubled in the lower level, but we are expected to sell a ton more now. That brings in some cash.

Our Cadiz friendly arrives. Cadiz are cool because we were in the same division a couple of years ago, finished 1-2, and now both of us are in the Liga at the same time. We got through the Segunda through a death gauntlet early, but then won the next league. Cadiz was the opposite winning the lower league, and then getting the death gauntlet playoffs to arrive here in just one quick year. We win 3-1. Assists by Vazquez and Sayed, scores by Junca, Diallo (IFK), MOM is Sayed off the bench.

I sign three young French youthers to hot prospect deals to flesh out my youther/B squads. Armand Combes, Bissafi Dotte,and Joris Mallet.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:58 PM   #133
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Well that sucks.

I just got news that David Vazquez has suffered a severe hip inury in training and will be out 3-4 months. I send him to a speclaist to hope and shave off some fo that.

That sucks hard

After playing in the Euro19 Championship, player of ours DR Razazzi was named in the Dream Team

The next friendly vs Real Betis is here. 2-2 draw. Scores by Oliver, assists by Ingason and Morales

End of July –

Morales the only report, and he was good

Friendly away vs Bilbao. We win 1-0, MOM was Yoon Jae-Hwan with a assist to youther Miguel Luis.

Odds are in and we aer 2000-1 favorites to win. Which I agree with, by the by I’d like to get mid-table in the 14-10 range. If I get 1 point per game average, which is one tie, one win, and two losses for every four games, we’ll be well out of relegation range.

Friendly vs Aston Villa arrives. Morales to Oliver for a score in the 25th. They score. Half. Tie game. MOM is Oliver

Squad registration time. I don’t have to sign players like Ragazzi, Miguel Luis, and such. Instead I’ll register the French trifecta I just brought in, just in case I need depth – I deregister Borja and Cascon, still on my squad on month to month deals (as is Rolon and Marco Rosa). I have the cash to keep them on their old deals and can release them anytime.

23 players on the squad submitted

Our final friendly arrives hosting Tenerife. Diallo scores in the 3rd. Half. Anaba to Nadjib for a score 66th. We win 2-0, Diallo MOM.

Old 03-19-2016, 12:51 AM   #134
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I don’t play Spanish Football .. This is my first time ever playing the Liga. I don’t know what to expect, so I’m assuming something similar to the EPL promotion. Take the money, make yourself better at a lot of spots rather than just a couple of key players, and push hard to get out of the relegation bubble. That’s what I’m trying to do here. We’ll see how well it works, after I get a feel for how my team will do. My best guess is that upgraded I’m the 15th or 14th best team in the league by talent. We’ll see

The first two goals are down, get out of the hard Segunda B, and then get to the Liga. . Now I need to stay here, and then get good enough to make European Football. Sub goal 2b is to stay in the Liga and avoid relegation.

We keep Osmar as captain and Morales as vice

Our opening day match arrives! We are away vs Desportivo. We could send a real notice to Spanish Football by winning our first game. No major changes to the squad – we are starting the folks you would expect us to start. Defensive, good luck! They score one goal in the 13th and another in the 18th. Uh oh. Not a good start. Then we settle down and play defense. We even have a pair of atatcks turend aside (easily) by Desportivo. They get two bookings. Half. Do better! Oliver with a booking. We push, but are not close to a goal, and they push back a lot. But we continue to old on. I send out Ouattara for a poorly performin Ingason, and then out goes Nadjib for Oliver’s yellow and then Denilson for Ragazzi. We keep them at bay, and then….in exrta time, Sayed finds Bamford on an attacking run for a score. We lose 2-1, which all things told, was not a bad result. MOM is Sayed. Unlucky!

We sold 9300 season tix.

Old 03-19-2016, 09:06 AM   #135
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Aug 31st is here, and it’s the final day for transactions, registrations of squads, and such.

I have a concern about the depth of my squad. This was hammered home recently when I got messasge about all of the players on my squad getting call ups for international play. Here are my current backups that aren’t injured or GKs.

DR/ST Denilson – Not great. More of a body at this level.
DMC/ D RLC Milic – A solid quality backup rotational guy.
D RLC Outtara – A solid quality backup learning guy
M RLC, AM RLC Anaba – Adeqaute backup at best
MRL, ST – Nadjib –Adequate
AM/M RLC Jae-Hwan – High quality, may end up being a major player for us.

The French youth trio I brought it for ST, DC, and DM/MC. None of them are that good for the division

I need more depth. I can’t bring in someone later to spell my weaknesses. That’s my starting 11, +2 Gk, +1 for Vazquez, + these 6 – 20 players, and the French three are at 23. (I have Rolon registered too,since I have the depth)

I have the money. I have the roster space. I have the need. I need t ooring in some depth.

My first concern is a 4th ST who’s not Denilson. I move his status from rotation to backup. My youther, Jesus Angel Ortega is at least a year from getting major play at this level.

Some players on a free have dropped their contract demands, or are interested in singing with me when they weren’t before. Say hello to Manuel Lanzini, an amazing 25 year old talent. He’d push Junca, Oliver, and Ndi and Jae-Hwan all day long. I was thinking bringing in someone who’d play nice on a hot prospect deal but dang. There he is.

What about that ST need though?

He’s old, but a one year deal to unsigned Klaas-Jan Huntelaar? This guy once had 29 goals in the First Division over at Germany. He even started for Real Madrid for a season and had a pruductive year before AC Milan purchased him. He’s 35, and sloooooow but he’s other skills are just amazing, even at that age.

I decide to chase a compromise. Someone younger than Huntellar and not as one sided in his skill set. Pablo Hernandez, 31, ST or 24 year old Alain Oyarzun. Nah, they are more middies than strikers.

Nope, he’s retiring in a month and I didn’t see it. Ah well. Oyarzun is a middle who can play the position, but I want someone who can score

I find a youther Bolivian ST for a hot prospect deal I make an offer too while looking around by the way

I make an offer to a famous older striker in the zenith of his career still wants to play at a top level from his current club for a few hundred thousand

I make that offer to Lanzini. I’m not shying away from bringing in talent, no matter who it might hurt

I massage my transfers down to raise my slary a lot so I can sign the next guy

We sign:

35 year old…..ST Robin Van Persie 1 year deal, first team, paying him 34k/week, 750k value. No matter how old he gets, dude is still Robin Van Persie. Welcome to Africa! I’ll skip him, you already know who the dude is.

Say hello to…

Manuel Lanzini – 25 years old, plays every midfield position and ST. Argentinian and Italian. Was playing for Al Jazira in UAE for a few years and just let go. This guy is possibly the best player on my team. Here I’ll show you:

Mentals – 12 Agg, Anticipation, Brave, Concentration, Teamwork; 13 – Decisions; 14 – Composure, Leadership, Work Rate, 15 – Vision, Flair, Determination, Off the ball

Technicals – 12 – Finishing, Penalties, 14 – Long shots, 15 – Cross, pass, corners; 16 – first touch, technique, free kicks, 17 dribb.

Physicals - `12 STR, 13 Fitness, stamna, 145 pace, 16 agility acceleration.

Weaknesses? Head jump of 10 and 8; tackling of 5, mak of 9, positioning 9, and balance 10.

That’s a strong player. We signed him for 27.5k/week, for four years, and he’s worth 10.5 mill.

You have to add talent like that to your club when you can.

My coaches love him, not one negative thing to say about him – He’s fits in, good player for the league, fast, versatile, determined, We like the guy a lot.

I still want a nice youther to flesh out my squad.

I register them both and de-register Rolon.

Finidi George knows of a Nigerian youther that could work for us. I order some details.

Jorge Mesa joins us, a 17 year old forward who’ll join us in January, after he turns 18. ST. Bolivian, and fun.

I offer one of my French youthers out on a loan. The worst of the lot, Joris Mallet.

I make an offer for David Ibrahim from Nigeria to join us for a few hundred thousand. He does:

MRL, AMRLC David Ibrahim, Nigerian, Hot Prospect, 3 years, 1k/week, 300k value, 17/18 speed – fastest player on my team. 15 agility, 14 balance, 14 fitness, 13 stanimia, 14 str. 10 jump/8 head. 14 cross, 13 pass, 12 first touch, 13 dribb, 12 free kicks, 11 corners, 10 technique – needs improvement here. 16 teamwork, 13 determination, vision, position 15 work rate 11 anticipation, leadership, off the ball, 12 composure, concentration, 10 flair, aggression. Solid guy now, our coaches have one con (best suited to the lower league soccer) and 5 pros (determined fits in, fast, versatile, professional) potential star rating of 4. He does not need to be registered as a youth Contonu nation counts as well as EU for purpsoes of non registration

I want to keep my other two Frenchies in, and Mallet get’s loaned. The DC one, Dotte, gets a loan offer. Hmm… My DCs are Ouattara, Ragazzi, Milic, Ingason, Diallo, Osmar, but two of those start in other roles. So I reject it to keep Dotte registered as an emergency option.

Are there any other youth hot prospect style depth targets I can find? Ibrahim is perfect for us, and I’d love to get in a better DC for example, and then loan out Dotte. There’s another interesting Nigerian youth, can play DMC and DC and MC as well. But he’s too raw technically to play in this league.

I find a Portueguese DC for Braga that I make an offer for DC and others I make an enquiry. Braga and I don’t have a meeting of the minds to him.

I scout some various DC youth and make some enquiries. I found a good one, 16 year newly generated Louis Mputu for Club Brugge in Belgium, but they want too much for him. None of the others are interested

I run into a young GK prospect from the DRC (Democratic Republic of Congo) I make an offer to since our youth squad could use a good one. I find a decent South African DC – not as developed as Mosiueda was, but still a solid choice for us. The offer is taken for Ntsume from RSA. I then finalize our offer for that GK as well.

Ntsume signs.

I offer DC Diotte for loan.

The GK deal falls through as the deadline hits before paperwork was formalized.

DCR Maselaelo Ntsume, hot prospect deal of 1.4k/week for 3 years, 170k value, raw, 12/13 speed, 24 jump, 13 head, 12 str, 16 fitness, 12 balance, 14 work rate, 13 determin, position, 14 decisions, 10 aggression, no other mental stuff in double digits, mark 10 tack 15, that’s it for double digit tech.

Okay, that day was good. We added a variety of depth and quality.

End of August –

Training – Good includes VIllar, Denilson and Ragazzi.

Lanzini - Manuel Lanzini - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Van Persie - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_van_Persie

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-19-2016 at 09:10 AM.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:38 AM   #136
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Well I have to hope you get relegated now that you signed Judas Van Persie.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 06:19 PM   #137
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Ill take a guy of Van Persie's class all day long

Sept:

September 2 – Home vs Valladoid
September 16 – Away vs Celta
September 23 – Home vs Real Madrid
September 26 – Home vs Levante
September 29 – Away vs Barcelona

I Have done my typical FM Build a Team strategy for Melilla in a few major ways, and we’ll see if it holds here.

1). Sign old players who can come in cheaply ,give you a year or two of strength and experience, and then put you in a good place. Diego Cascon, David Sanchez, and Younis Mahmoud all showed how that works. And now in the new area, a grab like Robin Van Persie. And if I didn’t have as much transfer cash from the three major sales from my squad upon promotion, I would have continued to grab some older players.
2). Aggressively push for young,hot talent, play it and develop it hard. Build a great player you could not otherwise afford. Players older like Lopez, Mosiuda, and Diallo through Ragazzi this year. Go after the great young future talent.
3). There are always some strong early 20 players who want 1st team play, are virtually developed, and ready for a major deal, and frustrated by the lack of first team play. Bringing in these players, like David Junca or Oliver on the cheap and give them what they want at the top of their path.
4). There are also usually a handful of great players for free that you can grab. Sometimes they are in the above categories (Ahmad Sayed, Ndi) and others you can find talent that really pushes your team (Morales, and hopefully Patrick Bamford).
5). Finally, when you get those four groups of players, then target a handful of players to push your team to the next level with more cash or exposure or whatever (such as GK Kim Seung-Gyu)

Game 2 home opener vs Valladoid. Good luck! A few nice moves by us early, we have the early momentum for around 12 minutes or so, before things move back to normal. Ndi crosses to Morales for a score in the 38th. Half. Don’t get complacent! We have 9 shots, 6 on target they 4 and 1. A few on target shots by them push us back. I sub in Van Persie for Bamford. We injured on of their middies. Next sub is Nadjib for a tired Oliver. Ingason a yellow. I send on Ouattara for him. Osmar finds Sayed for a score in the 88th. We win 2-0. We had a good offense 12 shots, 8 on target. MOM was Osmar. Good win!

Ahmad Sayed named in Liga Team of the Week, Osmar a sub

Outtara is injured for a week with a bruised shin

Game 3 vs Celta - I pull two players to sub in new signings. I have Junca off DL and Milic starting there and Yoon Jae-Hwan for Ndi. Pick up where you left off! I start defensive. They hit goal in the 2nd minute from a long shot. Ugly. Then on a counter in the 19then Morales is fed the ball, unselfishness feeds it to Bamford instead of taking the shot himself despite just one on one and Bamford scores. Diallo booked –what a surprise. They collect a pair of cards too. 1-1 half. Keep it up! Osmar feeds Morales for a score in the 53rd. I sub in Junca for Diallo and then swap him and Milic. I send in Lanzini for Oliver. I slide Lanzini over for a tired Sayed, and then sub in Nadjib. Yoon has been up late, lots of picks, headers, really involved. Ragazzi a yellow late. We win 2-1, and MOM is Sayed. Proud!

We have 2 wins already. Interesting. We came back after a quick goal and grew very stalwart. You can’t get better.

The planned expansion of our stadium has completed. We now have a 15k stadium. Youth facilities also increased.

Sayed in Team of Week

Old 03-19-2016, 08:58 PM   #138
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Game 4 vs Real Madrid – Alright, auto loss woodshed time. We sold 14,300 tickets. I have Junca back at DL, and Van Persie instead of Morales, and Lanzini on the left for Oliver. Pick up where you left off! They are hammering us in the first 20 minutes. After a long time keeping them away, in the 38th, they fast scoot by the defense and win a one on one battle for a goal. 1-0 half Unlucky! Van Persie scores in the 58th. The old man still has some magic left. Lanzini isn’t playing super hot, so I send in Oliver. Milic for Diallo to give my defense some energy. I doubt we’ll finish this game 1-1, but that’d be nice. Anaba for a tired Yoon. Real Madrid come forward hard in the last five mintues. And we survive. They had 24 shots, and 13 on target, and only scored once. Nice tie Well done guys

We now have average youth facilities. I get my board to increase our youth recruitment. Barcelona are on a 39 game unbeaten streak stretching back to last year, and that’s a new Liga record. I have begun to drop some players in squad status. Some are going from key to first team, like Junca, and Ingason, and others like Ndi are moving to rotation.

Game 5 vs Levante – I move Milic to DR for Ragazzi, Morales is back in, and Oliver for Manzini on the ML spot. Good luck! Early on, Sayed passes the ball to Yoon on an attack run, and Jae-Hwan sinks it for a score in the 4th .They get a booking shortly after. They fire a shot in the top left corner of the net in the 24th for a score. Sayed yellow, then Diallo another. Half. We can still win! Another yellow for Levente. Yoon yellow. Van Persie for Bamford, Outtara for Diallo. Nadjib for Oliver. Our foes score in the 78th off a nasty cross. Uh oh. I move to control. In the 85th, yoon drives, takes a shot, pushed aside, Morales there puts it away. 2-2 tie. Whew. Unlucky!

Yoon has been looking strong. I don’t see Ndi pushing him any time soon. Vazquez is back from injury

Old 03-19-2016, 10:01 PM   #139
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Game 6 vs Barcelona – I start Van Persie and Lanzini and Ragazzi. This should be one of the hardest games on the map. It’s undoubtedly a loss. So let’s just go, get our licks in, and head home. Vengeance! I start defensive. Driving rain. 2-0 first half them. We injure Neymar. Milic for Ingason. Our foes have made all three subs by the 64th mark, so I tell my guys, with no cards, to tackle hard. Not something I normally do. But this seems appropriate. Van Persie with the best chance of the day intercepts a ball, ahas a one on one shot with their GK and can’t sink it. Outtara and Ndi head in too. We get some momentum late. But nothing doing. Game, we lsoe 2-0. Don’t worry about the result, you were unlucky

Neymar as injured for 6 weeks.

End of Sept –

Good training by Seung-Gyu, French Armand Combes, youther Miguel Uis, among others.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:11 AM   #140
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

October –

Oct 5 – Away vs Getafe
Oct 19 – Home vs Real Sociedad
Oct 28 – Away vs VIllareal
Oct 31 – Home vs Cadiz

We are 8th in the Liga

If you had told me that the first full month of this season would include games against Barca and Madrid, and we would 8 points in 6 games, including a tied against Real Madrid, I’d be super mega happy.

Game 7 vs Getafe Lanzini stays in since I’m not super happy with Oliver thus far. Outtara starts for Ingason ad Morales is back in. Getafe are in 20th and have 0 points. We are predicted to win. Good luck! Lanziri crosses to Bamford for a score in the 18th. Yoon hits Morales for a score in the 42nd. Otherwise quiet first half, no bookings or anything else. Half Don’t get complacent y’all! Lanzini is injured and Oliver heads in. Van Persie followed. They get a cross in and score in the 62nd. Vaz for Sayed. Outtara with a yellow. We win 2-1. Real Jecyl and Hyde there. MOM is Yoon

Lanzini received a concussion and is out for a week

Wilson Morales ad an overhead kick that’s goal of the week

Yoon named in Team of Week subs

Anaba injured with a strained wrist for a few weeks

Milic was capped by Croatia for the first time; Yoon gets his first international goal. The press are beginning to label him a “wonderkid”

Spanish Cup sees us play Granada in the 4th round.

Game 8 vs Real Sociedad. I have Oliver start on the right with Yoon a bit tired from international play. I start Milic on the DL, and the concussion is over. Pick up where you left off! Well there is was an early momentum by them, pushed aside, but I slide to counter, even here in my own back yard. They continue to hammer us and I slide to defensive to ensure proper shape. They score a goal in the 5th minute. Osmar is booked, then Diallo. After a few more minutes, Bamford is free and scores with an assist by Sayed. Half. They’ve had a lot of pressure next, so I move to a more defensive style of play I send in Nadjib for Morales, Junca for card’ed Diallo. They foul us deep, and a FK by Sayed to Milic hits the upright, and it bounces back to Oliver who taps it in for a score. His first for us and the season. 69th minute we are now up. Our foes have been the better team thus far though, and I’m not sure about the rest of the game. Vaz for a tired Sayed. Our foes get a card. They have 23 shots, 11 on target, we had 13 and 5 They had 56% possession, 1 0 corners to our 3, better pass %, better tackles, and more. We just survived. MOM is GK Seung-Gyu.

We have a lot of points early on.

GK Seung-Gyu and Sayed were in Team of the Week

Old 03-20-2016, 09:56 AM   #141
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Game 9 vs Villarreal – I move Van Persie in. Yoon Jae-Hwan is back in. Ingason as well. Keep the run going! I begin defensive as this is an away game against one of the better teams in the league. Very quiet, no shots by either team for the first 30 minutes. Cards by Diallo and Ragazzi, and our foe another. 0-0 half. Pleased, keep it up lads! At the half they have 2 shots, 1 on target to our 1 and 0. Nadjib for Bamford. They are coming forward now and getting a ton of shots on target, like 8 and 6. Oliver in for Lanziri. We have our first major push in the late 70s and early 80s. I sub in Junca for Ragazzi. They get desperate and start taking long shots. We tie 0-0. Good job!

Game 10 vs Cadiz – I start Nadjib at ST today, Oliver for Sayed, who’s tired, and Outtara for Diallo. Dominate these folks! We know our foes, we beat them in friendlies or regular team. We can do it again today in Melilla. They get an early booking. Then another. Cards for Ingason and Outtara early too. Then they get a score and its 0-1 at the half. Play better! They come forward, and I sub in Junca. Nadjib is injured so I send in Van Persie. Then we get some push but Cadiz get a counte rand score in th e73rd. We have Junca in, and then lose 0-2. Annoying. Not good enough!

End of October –

Training? Jae-Hwan, Ouattara, and Ibrahim are the best

Morales got 2nd place for Goal of the Month

Old 03-20-2016, 10:34 AM   #142
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

November

Nov 3 – Home vs Granada
Nov 10 – Away vs Sevilla
Nov 25 – Away vs Espanyol

Game 11 vs Granada – Sayed is back, Junca too, Morales as well. Vengeance! Bamford drives, slides the ball to Morales, who scores in the 30th. They get a booking. Yoon is injured a bit and I send in Ndi. Half. We are up 0-1. Don’t get complacent! They get another card posthalftime. Ingason with a yellow I send in Anaba and Milic, but they score in the 84th, and we can’t do anymore, Tie game 1-1. Unlucky!

Yoon is out for two weeks. I’ll start Ndi there.

Frenchie Mallet develops a hernia and is out for weeks
Training facilities are all upgraded. We are now Adequate

Game 12 vs Sevilla – Ndi is in. I send in Van Persie for Bamford. We are on the road today, so I am playing defensive football, at least first. Our foes score twice in the first 19 minutes, and then Lanzini gets a yellow. Van Persie gets injured in the 41st, and I send in Bamford for him. Half,do better! The 2nd half opens and they get some serious offensive pushes, but nothing follows, and then some more A time fades. I send in Oliver for the card-ded Lanzini. Sevilla almost allow a counter attack by Morales to sink down but push it aside. I send in Milic for Ingason, but nothing else happens, and we lose 2-0 . Can’t fault you for effort!

Van Persie is out for 2-3 weeks with a damaged foot

Old 03-20-2016, 11:13 AM   #143
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

A lot of these big two week breaks are due to international football. I get some good training reports from folks like Yoon and Outtara. Nadjib back from injury.

Game 13 vs Espanyol – Morales and Bamford start, Espanyol have been on a massive losing streak and are down at 16th. Despite the fact that we are away, we are expected to be competitive and perhaps even win. Starters include Diallo, Yoon. Show everyone what you can do!!!! Ingason yellow card in the first 10 minutes. Yoon grabs a card too, about 12 minutes later. Our foe has all of the early momentum and it’s all we can do to just push the attacks aside. Quiet later, but then we get a corner, and Sayed kicks the ball to Ingason, who is pushed back and out of position, so he slips it to Lanzini, who scores. Half. Dot get complacent, we are not winning statistically. Osmar is banged up ,I slide Diallo to his spot, and then send in Milic. We have some pressure soon for around 10 minutes. Diallo booked. I send in Anaba for Jae-Hwan and Denilson for Morales Then our foes sore in the 85th to tie it up. Suspicions o offsides, but it happens. Then then score again in extra time to pull out the win. We lose 2-1, MOM is Lanzini. I’m not happy ith that!

Diallo has too many yellows and sits the next match.

Lanzini named in the subs of the Week’s Team

We started hot, and have cooled off

Van Persie is back from injury’

End of November

Training of value by Denilson, David Ibrahim and others

Old 03-20-2016, 12:40 PM   #144
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

December

Dec 2 – Home vs Malaga
Dec 5 – Home vs Granada ,Spanish Cup
Dec 8 – Home vs Valencia
Dec 16 – Away vs Athletico
Dec 19 – Away vs Granada, Spanish Cup
Dec 23 – Away vs Osasuna

We are 12th in the Liga right now

Game 14 vs Malaga. Malaga just fired their HC and are without a manager. Ouattara starts today, and I have Oliver in as well. For the fans!! Yoon Kae-Hwan drives, jukes a player, drives the box, and then passes to Bamford for a score in the 23rd. Yoon drives, takes a shot, and it’s pushed aside for a corer a couple of minutes later. Sayed lifts that corner and hits Ingason for a score. His first for the club. Pressure on them in the 40th results in an OG for us. Junca crosses a nasty ball to open it up. Keep it up! Sayed finds Morales for a score in the 48th. I sub in youther David Ibrahim for Jae-Hwan. Let’s give him some action. Anaba for Oliver. As of the 80th minute, we have 14 shots, 8 on target, they have 10 and 0. That’s their major issue today. They finally crack the code in the 83rd. Denilson for Ragazzi. We win 4-1. MOM is Sayed. Really special!

Did you know that Ibrahim has been labeled the next Finidi George?

Four of my players in Team of Week – Ingason, Ragazzi, Junca, and Jae-Hwan.

Cup Day. I am moving Oliver to ST across from Bamford. I want to see what he can do there, Lanzizni on the ML spot. Pick up from where you left off! Lanzini crosses to Bamford for a score in the 13th. Oliver is banged up a bit and I send in Nadjib. Half. 1-0 us, and let’s not get complacent out there! Junca drives, crosses across the pitch to Jae-Hwan, who scores in the 52nd. We are lethal in front of goal right now, 7 shots, 6 ion target. Sayed intercepts the ball, finds Lanzini on the side driving, who dribbles a bit, crosses to Bamford for another score in the 61st. Milic in for a tired Osmar, but before he leaves, he scores, Sayed found him for a score. Sayed is tired. I send in Ndi, and then swap Ndi and Jae-Hwan. We finish with 12 shots, 10 on target, and they with 7 and 0. We win 4-0. MOM is Bamford. Very happy!

Oliver is out for 3 weeks with a calf strain

Malaga offer me an interview. I decide to accept. I usually just decline job interviews when they pop up. But the one time I was in an interview, I was able to negotiate with my board to pull out for renovations to our facilities. Can I do the same here?

Old 03-20-2016, 01:47 PM   #145
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Game 15 vs Valencia. I start Van Persie, Diallo and Morales, Ndi and Milic. Valencia is a heavy team. We need some luck for today’s match….so GOOD LUCK OUT THERE TODAY! Yay you! They score a wonder goal in the 17th, but then not a lot of follow through. Just 3 shots, and 2 by us in the half. Quiet. Unlucky! They grab bookings earlier in the 2nd half, and then I sub in Nadjib for Morales, Ibrahim for Jae-Kwan, and then Outtara for Ingason. In the 87th minute after a counter drive, we score!!! Waived offsides. Doh! We’ve had shots. 7 shots, 5 on target to their 10 and 4. We’ve been in this game. But we lose 1-0. Ah well. Unlucky boys!

The next day, Melilla Board come to me and request that I enter into talks with them. They don’t want to upgrade the training facilities, and I tell them that I can’t see myself staying here without improvements there. They relent. The same with youth facilities. They agree after I threaten them. I take the two improvements, and then agree to withdraw. The new facilities will be finished around 10 months from now.

That worked perfectly.

GK Seung-Gyu in Team of Week

I get a great training report on Jae-Hwan

Morales breaks down in training with a hernia. He’s out for 5-6 weeks.

I have Van Persie mentor David Ibrahim, the “next Finidi George.”

Game 16 vs Atletico. Atletico Bilbao are in 6th place, and we are not favorites on the road against them in Julio’s former club. Bamford and Nadjib are starting in the ST spots. Sayed back at MC, Milic for Ragazzi on the DR, and Junca in. With injuries to both Oliver and Morales that play ST< I move some folks around on my bench. Good luck! Yellow by Osmar early and he’s banged a bit I Send in Denlison. Diallo gives away a PK in the 38th, and they score . 1-0 half. Unlucky! They score again in the 63rd. I send in David Ibrahim and Frenchie ST Combes to replace Nadjib and Lanzini, both with bookings. In the 85th, Yoon intercepts the ball and scores. But that’s it and we lose 2-1 Not too bad.

Old 03-20-2016, 02:24 PM   #146
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Cup Game #2 - I move Van Persie into the lineup for Nadjib . We re winning but it’s just half, don’t let the lead slip! Cross to Bamford, scores in the 8th, and then inspiration strikes. They have a shot fired from about 40 yards away, just past the circle at he half way mark and it hits home hard. It’s just incredible stuff. They get another score, 2-1 half. Yoon sinks it from a Bamford pass in the 54th. I send in Ouattara, Ibrahim, and Ndi. Osmar finds Bamford for a score in the 69th. They had more shots 22 with 7 on target, we had 14 with 10 on target, so we were more lethal. MOM is Jae-Hwan. Good win! We win 7-2 on aggregate.

I get a good training report on David Ibrahim.

Game 17 vs Osasuna – We keep most of my starters. Ahmad Sayed is tired from the last match, and I rest him, playing Ndi. I start Ouattara for Ingason. Today is Junca’s 100th appearance for the team. Pick up from where you left off! Quiet first half, until two bookings for them and Milic for us in the 30s result. Each team subsequently has a sure that’s pushed aside. You can still win this one! Van Persie finds Lanzini driving, and then he unselfishly feeds Bamford for a score in the 49th. Then Ndi gets a red for a hard, two footed tackle in the 53rd. That’s not normally his style. I sub in Ibraham for Van Persie, move him to Ndi’s spot, and ten leave Bamford all alone out there. Osasuna, who have not been in this match at all are now moving forward hard. Ingason heads in for a tired Osmar. Denilson for Milic who has a card and is tired too. We hold on and……win 1-0. MOM is Lanzini. Close. Reall special.

It’s good that we win, but that’s unaccept. I warn Ndi.

We finish the first few months of Liga play at 12th. Not bad. 22 points in 17 games.

Old 03-20-2016, 03:32 PM   #147
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now, is there anyone with an expiring contract I’d like to look at bringing in?

Let’s do an analysis of my squad:

GK Seung-Gyu – 6.94 rating, solid, 19 apps,

DC Ingason – 6.81 rating for Liga, 14 starts, 1 sub, and 4 yellows. Not great.

DC Ouattara – 6.94 ratig, 8 starts, 6 subs

DC Diallo – 15 apps, 6.87

DCRL Millic – 15 apps, 6.81

DR Ragazzi – 15 and 7.01 rating.

DL/ML Junca – 7.06 rating, 18 apps

DMC Osmar – 19 and 7.33

MR Jae-Hawn – 15 and 7.61 rating

ML Lanzini – 15 and 7.22

MC Sayed – 16 and 7.89

M/ST Oliver – 12 and 7.07

ST Bamford – 18 and 7.24

ST Van Persie – 11 and 6.95

ST Morales – 11 and 7.15

Nadjib – 10 and 6.79
Ndi 9 and 6.85

Others don’t have enough games to count

The idea fo Vaz coming in and trying in the MC is gone due to injury and Sayed doing very Vazquez things. I said before, he strikes me as young Egyptian Vazquez.

So the middies are fine, and I’m okay with my attackers as well. But that defense, ugh. And they have the right stuff. Ingason? Good player for most Liga sides. Enjoys big matches. Consistent. Brave. Team player. Diallo is Good player for most Liga sides too, determined, enjoys big matches, consistent, good potential. Milic is good player for Liga. Ouattara is well suited to Liga. All are good, quality players. My African internationals – Diallo for Mali and Ouattara for Ivory Coast are both rated as high potential folks. All are good.

But they aren’t playing hotly. Ragazzi is, he’s young at 18, is well suited to Liga already, has a solid rating, and is supposedly rocking a high potential in the future.

I expected Junca and Osmar to make successful transitions, and they did. Both are fine. Probably my best acquisitions were Ragazzi, Jae-Hwan, Bamford, Sayed, and Lanzini. Ingason is not looking like a good addition thus far based on match play, he’s good on paper. We’ll see how things develop

Often times I use this upcoming window to bring in a lot of talent, like Mahmoud, Ndi, Osmar, Anaba, and Nadjib. I don’t see it for the future though at DC and there aren’t a lot of top level talent folks coming free soon. Maybe a youth or two.

Nadjib is now comfortable using his weak foot

Oliver back from injury

Ndi is banned three games for his foul

29 Dec – Today is the day you can start making offers to players that have 6 months to go on their deals. Is there anyone out there I like enough to bring in? Oh yeah, a young Osmar option at DMC< 21 year old English Lewis Clark is very interesting. I make him an offer. We love him. He plays for Leeds. He would take about 15 mill to unplug from them. Can I steal him for free? Osmar would be 31 by the end of the year, so bringing in a young DMC to compete and push him and ensure coverage does make a lot of sense. Our scouts have Clark ar fitting into our squad, resolute, versatile good team player, etc.

Anyone else who just sells me? A studly Striker? An awesome DC? Someone who’ll push me hard? No major DCs that seem like a good improvement on my current squad. ST? Not anyone that just sells me. Anyone else.? Not really. Cook is the best option.

Major contracts of ours that are up soon:

ST Van Persie
DC Diallo
Nadjib
Vazquez
GK Barrio

Bunch of youthers like Gomes and Jose Migual.

I make an offer to extend Diallo. He’s been a relative rock for us, and grown considerably over the last few years, and he’s just 22. I lock him in for 4 years at 8.75kweek.

We’ll let Vaz and Van Persie go. They are both older and expendable. I haven’t seen enough from Nadjib yet to sell me for another deal

Another strong South Korean youther has been let go and is available on a free, Yoon Dong-Hyuk.19 years old, and he always has been internationally capped. I make the lad an offer.

End of December and 2018

Good training? Osmar, Ouattara, Ibrahim

World Golden Ball Winners were Messi, Paulo Dybala of Juventus and Sergio Aguero of Man Utd. He got the World Player o fthe Year Award

And……get ready….Our first major award….

Asian Footballer of the Year Award is given to Yoon Jae-Hwan, of Melilla!

Second was the Iraqi player for Sunderland Yaser Kasim, 27 years old; and then 30 year old Lee Seung-Gi of South Korea for Persepolis. That is awesome.

I speak with my guy.

GK Seung-Gyu is named in Asian All-Star Xi

Daniel Ndi won 3rd place for African Midfielder of the Year

Ahmed Sayed got 2nd

Old 03-20-2016, 05:32 PM   #148
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

January –

Jan 6 – Home vs Atletico Madrid
Jan 9 – Home vs Sevillla, Spanish Cup
Jan 13 – Home vs Eibarr
Jan 16 – Away vs Sevilla, SC
Jan 20 – Home vs Desportivo
Jan 27 – Away vs Valladolid

We are 12th in the Liga right now

Cook approves of the deal, signs, and we confirm it. He’ll be joining us next year!

He’s a good signing. That’s high quality.

I get an offer from my board to reaffirm our goals, or to move to something else. I confirm my earlier stuff, we could see another change of form. And we get some extra cash for transfer and salary.

Say hello to:

ST, AMC/MC Yoon Dong-Hyuk, South Korean, 19 years old, 13,500k/week, hot prospect, 4 years, 1.3 mill value, There’s strong value there. Report has him at versatile, fast, well suited to this league, balanced and normal, fits in, good at both feet, good run of form, fast – 17/16 speed, 14 str and agility, 15 balance, fitness, stamina; 16 dribbling, 15 finishing, 14 head, 13 technique, passing, first touch, 11 long shots; 17 flair, work rate, 16 composure, 15 anticipation,leadership, 14 determin, off the ball, 13 teamwork, decisions, 12 aggression, vision, 11 concentration, brave, 9 position.

Smart and savvy, physically gifted, talented in skills like finishing already, our scouts rate him for Liga already. The obvious issue is here – I can’t run 4 non-EU folks. Now, while I can I deregister Morales since he’s injured and we’ll run out Dong’Hyuk to see what we have for a few games he’s match fit already

Diallo signs the deal. I get some loan offers for David Ibrahim but I’m not really interested right now as I have Van Persie mentoring him. Never mind. The Asian Nations Cup is going on right now, so now Dong’Hyuk. Next game. Ah well.

Game 18 vs A. Madrid. They are currently 1st in the Liga. Tough. But at least we’ll have them here at home. Starting for us is GK Ivan Villar, Oliver on the right wing, and Ragazzi is back in for Milic. Pick up where you left off! They tackle, foul, get a yellow card, and Van Persie sinks a PK in the 2nd minute. The GK guessed right, but Van Persie’s shot was so strong it overpowered him. They get another card. Lots of pressure follows. We hold, and we are up 1-0 at the half. Good jorb, but on;t et complacent. They fiinally crack goal in the 50th. RAGAZZI BOOKED. I sub in Milic, nd Nadjib for a very-poor Oliver. Junca yellow. They crack goal in the 81st. I put in Ingason. Ouattara booked. They score again the 87th. Grr. Then in extra time, Sayed lofts the ball to Bamford who forwards it to Van Persie, fires and scores. We lose 3-2. Can’t fault your effort! Van Persie is MOM

Van Persie in Team of Week

The young Bolivan Striker Jorge Mesa we signed earlier arrives.

5th Round Cup – Sevilla – I have a lot of internationals out for the game today. In the game are Oliver at MC, David Ibrahim at MR, Ingason and Milic at DC, and an odd set of players on the bench . Basically my African internationals are out for the African Cup. Vengeance! They score in the 8th. But then we sort of shore up defense for a while in the 26th, Lanzini is fed the ball by Oliver and scores. Now we ae pushing forward. We’re winning the stats, but still 1-1 at the half. They had just 4 shots, 1 on target, we are at 9 and 4. We can win tonight! On a FK, Van Persie finds Osmar who feeds to Milic for a score, his first ever for us. I send in Nadjib for Bamford. Ingason with the game’s first yellow. Remember my South African hot prospect DC guy? I send him in, Ntsume, for Ingason. Junca a yellow. Oliver another. Anaba for Lanzini. We win 2-1, very respectable considering.

Their manager doesn’t “like how we played to get back into the match”

Julio Rodriguez Salgado, aka me, finished the next level of coaching qualifications.

I offer ST Combes for loan

Game 19 vs Elbar – We are favored for today’s match. I make no changes from the Cup match. We’re rocking more folks gone. Pick up where you left off! Pretty quiet early. Our best shot rebounds off the bar and away from everyone else. We’re had shots and pressure, but no cracking the egg. Miic with a booking. Then Van Persie is given the ball, sends it to his left to a driving Lanzini for a goal just before half. Don’t get complacent! Ntume for Milic. Vaz for Oliver. Nadjib for Bamford. They score in the 89th minute to tie the game! Oh noes! Ten in extra time, Lanzini drives, fires the ball to David Ibrahim, who scores. His first goal of his Melilla career! We win, MOM is Lanzini, 2-1. Good win!

I hand out some rests to prepare for our next match, soon thereafter

Lanzini and Van Persie in Team of Week

Old 03-20-2016, 07:04 PM   #149
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

5th Round Cup, Game 2 – Sevilla – no changes to the lineup. We’re pretty weak right now. You can do this! We start defensive! They get an early booking. They have early momentum and pushes. AN early thrust by us is turned aside. More give and take, long shots, nothing doing or sinking follows. Then they collect a second booking for one of their guys, and now they are down to ten. 0-0 half. Don’t get complacent! OSmar finds Lanzini for a score ein the 53rd. That’s going to be pretty hard to finish. They et a goal in the 59th. Then they get another person sent off. We have no cards, but I tell my guys to tackle light anyways. Oliver finds Van Persie in the 69th. I send in Nadjib, Anaba. They sink a DFK. Ntsume for a tired Osmar. 2-2 tie here, 4-3 aggregate. We make it to the Cup Quarter Finals vs Getafe. MOM is Oliver

I again hand out the rests

Game 20 vs Desportivo - Morales is back from injury, but he’s too tired for this game. No major changes for this game with my squad, but I do massage my backups. Pick up where you left off! Ragazzi crosses to Bamford for a score in the 25th. Half – no getting complacent out there lads! Ingason first yellow of the match. David Ibrahim booked. I send in midflieder youther Miguel Luis for Oliver. Ntsume for Ingason. They fire a long shot late that hits. Nadjib heads in. Driving, Ibrahim fires and hits Lanzini for a score. 2-2 tie. I’m not happy with that!

Ingason is banned for a game

Sayed adapts his game to central dribbling

Away vs Getafe, Spanish Cup – Morales is back in the lineup. Van Persie gets a rest. Good luck! We allow THREE goals in the first half. Crazy. Then I begin to make soume subs for Ntsume for Ingason and new Bolivian Striker Mesa for a tired Morales. Then in the 71st, Ibrahim finds Bamford for a score. Then Lanzini rushes for a score in the 78th and it’s suddenly a different game. Then Ibrahim crosses to Mesa and he scores in the 83rd and he scored on his debut from the bench. I sub in Luis for Oliver. 3-3 tie. That’s pretty interesting That’s a brilliant salvaging, and we got 3 away goals, so all we have to do is tie at home and the away goal rule likely sends us on.

Go Bolivia

Old 03-21-2016, 08:41 AM   #150
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Game 21 vs Real Valladolid – Today Ingason is out, so I am dropping Osmar to DC and running Oliver at DMC, who I’ve been training to upgrade there. We have Vazquez in there. Although this is an away game, they are 20th, and we are favored. Good luck! Morales finds the ball, passes to Lanzini attacking and he scores in the 29th. Half. Not complacency! Vazquez takes a knock and I send in Anaba . Van Persie for Bamford. Nabjib for Ibrahim. We win 1-0!

I hand out rests again

Milic named in Team of Week

I loan out DC Dotte. Real Oviedo have made an offer to Nadjib at the end of this deal. That’s fine with me. I don’t fight it, and it goes though

Home vs Getafe, Cup – No major news today. I’m keeping much of the same squad as before, although Ingason is back from his too-many-yellows. Impress everyone! LAnzini finds Bamford for a score early in the 15th, but then it’s pretty quiet four around 25 minutes, the last part of the half saw Getafe move forward hard but to no avail. Half. Keep it up! They rocket back and score in the 56thI sub in Matthew Adelson, an Australian guy, for Junca on the DL. Bolivian striker for an underwhelming Morales. Bamford nice pass to Lanzini who drives, finds ST Mesa, who scores in te 78th. Final sub is Anaba for Ibrahim. They score off a corner in the 86th. They score again in extra time and knock us out 6-5. Not good enough!

End of January –

Training –

GK Villar, Ingaso, and Van Persie.