Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-02-2015, 11:00 AM   #3001
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
Given the circumstances of the secret vote I have 2 theories. Trying to conform these to what I know about WW so I may be dead wrong.

Theory 1
Resistance lead by Font formed after losing the leadership vote, members probably include a few people that voted for font.
Seekers - The current faction in charge lead by Thomkal seeks to remain in power - members probably include a few people that voted for Thomkal
Angel of Mercy - Serial Killer
Colonists - Everyone else

Theory 2
Resistance - Lead by Font, same as theory 1
Seekers - There were abstainers in the original vote towards the end, this could be a group that didn't vote for either Thomkal or Font.
Angel of Mercy - Serial Killer from the beginning of the game
Colonists - Everyone else led by Thomkal

I'm not sure what the end game is for any of these groups. I would imagine it has something to do with dispatching the other groups and maybe obtaining the leadership role? Maybe the surviving colonists can win with the resistance or the seekers? Going to guess the angel of mercy will need to be lynched at some point however.

Anyhow, that is what I have at this point regarding how i think the game is shaping out.

Well Theory 2 is closer to correct I think as I am not a member of the Seekers for sure or any other group that I am aware of.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:01 AM   #3002
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Is everyone agreed that Shoveler is the seer then? What with the Suicane thing and whatnot. Why on Ea ... Mars is he still alive then? OK I can maybe buy Britrock wanting to keep Shoveler alive so he could scan him but shouldn't he have been the first nightkill target?

Unfortunately with everyone knowing that you've scanned Suicane, you're not likely to get much information by sitting on the result Shoveler. Generally it would be the correct play to try and get information but that's not going to happen here.

I'm going to assume that Suicane is villager for my purposes as if he turns up wolf then he's going to get strung up today whatever I say. If that information is forthcoming before about 15:00 EST then I'll switch my order. Otherwise we have a strong motive for keeping Suicane alive as he'll be a cleared villager.

heal Suicane

i don't understand this post. narc is also pushing a lot of theories about people. He did say he knew some stuff about people. no idea what.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:03 AM   #3003
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Unless I am wrong and that was a one time thing. But it seemed like the two deputies for Thom gained a block and a scan after he took power.

they did?
Old 03-02-2015, 11:05 AM   #3004
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm reconsidering about Jackal. It looks as though the Fonti-led team whacked Chief Rum and Autumn which is exactly where I would expect Fonti to go with her kills. The team with Britrock took out Jag. That's exactly where I would expect Britrock to hit on his first night of a kill. So we don't need Jackal to be a wolf to explain Jag being hit. He could still be a wolf but the percentages are a bit lower now.

I'm getting a gut-feeling that Shark is a bad 'un. Well, him and timmae, but timmae's helpfullness to the colony while no guarantee of his allegiance makes me less inclined to vote for him. Bear in mind that my gut-feelings are generally worse than useless.

Unvote Jackal
Vote Shark

yeah that's the thing about timmae. he's been doing a lot of helpful hunting and info providing. I have thought the same thing about him but that's like a paranoid "thinking moves ahead" kind of thought.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:05 AM   #3005
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
hmmmm "why shoveler's still alive if he's a seer". this is a good point.

Only thing I could come up with was a block last night. The Truth Seekers may not have been able to kill until Thom was put into charge. Then when they first tried they were blocked. Or were there 2 nights after Thom was in Charge? Not sure now..
Old 03-02-2015, 11:05 AM   #3006
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Whaaa? I don't remember that. This game and this thread have gone on too long to keep track of all this stuff.

kind of a lame excuse. don't like this response.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:08 AM   #3007
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Is everyone agreed that Shoveler is the seer then? What with the Suicane thing and whatnot. Why on Ea ... Mars is he still alive then? OK I can maybe buy Britrock wanting to keep Shoveler alive so he could scan him but shouldn't he have been the first nightkill target?

Unfortunately with everyone knowing that you've scanned Suicane, you're not likely to get much information by sitting on the result Shoveler. Generally it would be the correct play to try and get information but that's not going to happen here.

I'm going to assume that Suicane is villager for my purposes as if he turns up wolf then he's going to get strung up today whatever I say. If that information is forthcoming before about 15:00 EST then I'll switch my order. Otherwise we have a strong motive for keeping Suicane alive as he'll be a cleared villager.

heal Suicane

Thank you for doing this Narcizo-he's not the murderer, but that's all I know about him.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:08 AM   #3008
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I also think it is kind of wonky for Brit to do that vote change just to get scanned. It will take at least a day for him to get scanned(maybe more because there wasn't a seer on the police force at the time). All while getting added pressure on himself. It is just an odd move.

actually that's the only thing really that makes sense for me as to why he did that. it's a little unlike him. he did not have to move his vote to get sal (a nontruthie) killed. maybe he WAS just trying to jump off the LL onto another nontruthie. but the move back to sal confuses me if that's the case.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:10 AM   #3009
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Nice work, Narc!

I've had the feeling that GoldenEagle has been on the wrong side the entire game, though maybe only since Thomal assumed power and everything went tits up. He has rubbed me wrong from the start. With his posturing that he is the best at science and engineering while being extremely vague about his computer programming past.

He's also tried to oust me from my position. Why is he going after me the way he is? Why the personal attacks on my character and my position?

I don't like the smell of it and haven't since Day Zero.

Vote GoldenEagle

these are rather strong statements. did he try to get you ousted? I missed that. i know he wanted to impart how strong his skills were.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:12 AM   #3010
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
You really think that the cunning is going to tie themselves to a wolf so clearly? In a game with two factions so he doesn't even know if DanGarion is going to be nightkilled by the other faction or by the lone killer. If DanGarion is a wolf then as soon as he dies then everyone is going to vote Britrock next time. I'll give you that it looks like a rushed thing so he might have panicked when Grover moved his vote.

If he's voting between two villagers then he can hope to get a scan and if nothing else he gets the benefit of the doubt (from me at least) when Dangarion and Saldana both show up villager. Late vote switching between villagers is generally seen as a villager trait I believe. If someone calls him out on it then his argument is that it would only make sense for him to do that if he and DanGarion are wolves together and we should check DanGarion first.

yeah i guess i'm seeing that. but the panic thing is what i'm seeing as well.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:13 AM   #3011
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Oh! People need to stop voting based on whether they feel people have been wanting their job or, basically, because of anything that happened in the first four or five days. That was a different game. We all have our personal victory conditions but I really don't see them as being indicative of wolfishness. Particularly not the Resistance who probably only became "wolves" after Thomkal came to power. So maybe Thomkal is a rejuvenated Nazi general. I don't care. I only care if he is a wolf.

Hoooooooooo-gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!
Old 03-02-2015, 11:14 AM   #3012
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Oh! People need to stop voting based on whether they feel people have been wanting their job or, basically, because of anything that happened in the first four or five days. That was a different game. We all have our personal victory conditions but I really don't see them as being indicative of wolfishness. Particularly not the Resistance who probably only became "wolves" after Thomkal came to power. So maybe Thomkal is a rejuvenated Nazi general. I don't care. I only care if he is a wolf.

I am not a wolf-just a colonist
Old 03-02-2015, 11:14 AM   #3013
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

But I do agree about the job thing narc. everyone wanted jobs I think.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:15 AM   #3014
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
How does ntn usually play?! I must say I am at a disadvantage (or depending on the game not a disadvantage) as I don't know the styles of any players...

he usually posts just a few posts a day. So you have to examine the quality of those. If you are looking to pressure him you have to do it early in the day so that he'll see it as he rarely returns.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:18 AM   #3015
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
CF, are you that convinced that GE has nothing to do with the murders? If anyone else is so convinced, I'll unvote him.

well now I'm at a place where it's just the angel of mercy killings that he couldn't have done.

he can still be in the other groups as long as he still has friends around.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:18 AM   #3016
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
So this vote for 2 minutes out. This vote alone would kinda clear dangarion.

Not sure what this says about grover.

This now is FUD but back to dangarion being a definite suspect. THis is at the buzzer.

so that could have been risky if brit was a wolf. brit might not have thought anyone would follow him. If no one did, the move meant nothing. if brit had stayed on saldana and no one moved it still would have been 6-5 at the end with brit being on safe dangarion.

BUT Grover moved and brit moved immediately back.

I think that means something.

vote dangarion

It means I warned brit in chat that I knew dan was not the murderer, and so he moved back to saldana. I should have kicked him off the police force that night, but I had no one to replace hm that I trusted more than him.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:20 AM   #3017
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
another thought. Are colonists finding traps and setting them? That sounds logical but when would they be able to do that?

The first mention of a trap was when raven talked about his "accident".

Post #1693.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Day Four Results
An accident has occurred, Raven has been badly injured in the accident. The accident looks suspicious as the items that fell on him seemed to have been moved.

Post #1775.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Fact:
My accident was no accident. It was a deliberately set trap that caused heavy machinery to fall on me.

Opinion:
I'm not sure that it was deliberately set for me. I think I just happened to be the one that stumbled into it. I think there was likely an equal chance that one of the other construction workers could have been injured by it, instead of me.

Also, the murders of Danny and Schmidty seems to be muddling our information, due to their inactivity. I think them being killed simply due to inactivity is something we need to keep in mind, before we assume there are multiple people of interest already.

If I remember correctly, Danny was not a murder, but was injured in the landing crash, and didn't make it (inactivity penalty?). Schmidty on the other hand, was a murder. Is this correct? Should we assume a difference?

Post #2602.
Quote:
Night 7 Results
There has been an accident. Another trap has been set and britrock88 was caught in the trap. He has been injured but it will not affect his actions for day 8.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:25 AM   #3018
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
It means I warned brit in chat that I knew dan was not the murderer, and so he moved back to saldana. I should have kicked him off the police force that night, but I had no one to replace hm that I trusted more than him.

huh...so there IS a chatroom open. I was wondering as much.

you told him to move back...very interesting.

Did you guys scan dan or something?
Old 03-02-2015, 11:26 AM   #3019
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

unvote dangarion
Old 03-02-2015, 11:27 AM   #3020
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

thom, does this mean you brit and dang are the seekers of truth? :P haha
Old 03-02-2015, 11:29 AM   #3021
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
huh...so there IS a chatroom open. I was wondering as much.

you told him to move back...very interesting.

Did you guys scan dan or something?

or something.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:36 AM   #3022
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
these are rather strong statements. did he try to get you ousted? I missed that. i know he wanted to impart how strong his skills were.

He tried to petition Thomkal to replace me as Engineer with himself.

Thomkal was having none of it however.

GE then went on a mini-rant about everyone being sheep and following groupthink as far as that stuff goes.

I'm still leery about him and his place among us.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:38 AM   #3023
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
He tried to petition Thomkal to replace me as Engineer with himself.

Thomkal was having none of it however.

GE then went on a mini-rant about everyone being sheep and following groupthink as far as that stuff goes.

I'm still leery about him and his place among us.

I don't disagree with that statement. As far as the jobs went that was definitely happening. I think now that we know there are so many killing groups that's probably why. People didn't want to make waves and went along with the movements.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:45 AM   #3024
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
I don't disagree with that statement. As far as the jobs went that was definitely happening. I think now that we know there are so many killing groups that's probably why. People didn't want to make waves and went along with the movements.

But how much of these multiple factions is a result of font losing out on leadership and marshal law being declared with Thomkal's rise to power.

I don't disagree with it either. I definitely was one who got great benefit from it. But I believe in my engineering ability and in my ability to help this colony survive and prosper.

Old 03-02-2015, 11:57 AM   #3025
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
But how much of these multiple factions is a result of font losing out on leadership and marshal law being declared with Thomkal's rise to power.

I don't disagree with it either. I definitely was one who got great benefit from it. But I believe in my engineering ability and in my ability to help this colony survive and prosper.

don't know. I don't know if that wouldn't have happened anyway. The martial law voting off people thing. ALtho ef did say at the beginning of the game that the game could go in a number of different directions as to what it was. so maybe only certtain things could trigger the werewolf voting, otherwise other things would happen.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:03 PM   #3026
timmae
College Starter

I have to think that Martial Law OR Thom's Reign triggered the Seeker of Truths (werewolf voting).
Old 03-02-2015, 12:04 PM   #3027
timmae
College Starter

whom else voted for font when Thom took control?
Old 03-02-2015, 12:19 PM   #3028
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
whom else voted for font when Thom took control?

I was going to go back and check who was constantly pushing for her and following her originally. I did make that statement about people kissing her behind. Maybe that was too harsh but it was totally inline with the lemmingness going on towards her and other job related things.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:28 PM   #3029
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Nice work, Narc!

I've had the feeling that GoldenEagle has been on the wrong side the entire game, though maybe only since Thomal assumed power and everything went tits up. He has rubbed me wrong from the start. With his posturing that he is the best at science and engineering while being extremely vague about his computer programming past.

He's also tried to oust me from my position. Why is he going after me the way he is? Why the personal attacks on my character and my position?

I don't like the smell of it and haven't since Day Zero.

Vote GoldenEagle

I need to get caught up, but you do realize that I duked to a semi-bad guy AND was locked in jail during the last two murders, correct?
Old 03-02-2015, 12:30 PM   #3030
Zinto
College Starter

The seekers of truth had a kill on the first night. They killed Jag.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 12:32 PM   #3031
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I need to get caught up, but you do realize that I duked to a semi-bad guy AND was locked in jail during the last two murders, correct?

Read further, before criticizing that post, sir.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:34 PM   #3032
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
another thought. Are colonists finding traps and setting them? That sounds logical but when would they be able to do that?

No clue who is setting the traps or why. The traps aren't enough to kill us - I know how much health it reduces due to the injury I suffered. Though I wonder if physical skill comes into play here and those with less physical skill are hurt more by the trap?

Not even sure the point of the traps, other than to injure us and reduce our health temporarily (thus making us easier to kill?).
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 12:36 PM   #3033
Zinto
College Starter

Hey Shoveler you have got a couple more beat ups in. Was there any that acted similarly to when you beat up CF?
Old 03-02-2015, 12:38 PM   #3034
timmae
College Starter

Is it a trap during the day and kill at night sequence?
Old 03-02-2015, 12:41 PM   #3035
Zinto
College Starter

Are we still thinking that the saboteur is a different person than the Angel of Mercy?
Old 03-02-2015, 12:42 PM   #3036
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:

I thought my injury was at night. Then had to rest a day to be healed. iirc
Old 03-02-2015, 12:43 PM   #3037
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
I thought my injury was at night. Then had to rest a day to be healed. iirc

same as Thom is dealing with atm. Injured previous night, now has to rest and heal.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:43 PM   #3038
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:

What? The trap has always gone off as the day choices play out I believe. And the night killings are seemingly a different thing. The Angel of Mercy seems to be able to activate their kill during the day.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:45 PM   #3039
Zinto
College Starter

So Raven was injured in a trap on day four but wasn't mercy killed. Were your injuries severe Raven?
Old 03-02-2015, 12:49 PM   #3040
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
So Raven was injured in a trap on day four but wasn't mercy killed. Were your injuries severe Raven?

I am hesitant to reveal the exact amount of damage, so that the trap setter/killer doesn't gain too much information from 1 single post. I will say that I was injured but only needed 1 day rest/heal to recover.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:51 PM   #3041
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Day Four Results

You have a new police force as britrock88 and JAG have joined Thomkal.

Grover has help as saldana and GoldenEagle will work with the engineering team.

The Medical Facility has been completed.

You have fixed the communicator.

Chief Rum has been healed.

An accident has occurred, Raven has been badly injured in the accident. The accident looks suspicious as the items that fell on him seemed to have been moved.

CrimsonFox is found nearly conscious, it seems that he was worked over pretty well.

Both Raven and CrimsonFox can post and vote but will not be able to participate in actions for Day 5.

The defensive design for the facilities has been completed, you may now work on this project.

Your scientists have discovered a way to create an offensive capacity for you. Engineers will have the option to create that design.

So here it is. This is the only day we have had a severely injured person and no mercy kill. Based on these results I think it is very likely that either Raven or CF is our original murderer.

CF was beaten up and couldn't perform any actions. Raven could have been injured and wouldn't mercy kill himself.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:53 PM   #3042
timmae
College Starter

Remind me (because I am kinda confused right now, I'll admit it).... did we think the stowaway could be the murderer?
Old 03-02-2015, 12:56 PM   #3043
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Remind me (because I am kinda confused right now, I'll admit it).... did we think the stowaway could be the murderer?

People did. I asked why and no one ever told me why that was.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:57 PM   #3044
Zinto
College Starter

I should add Day Five is the day when we didn't have a mercy kill.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:00 PM   #3045
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Busy day today, going to start counting up the votes and post a current total.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:01 PM   #3046
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:

It was discussed early on, but I don't think it's a possibility. Mission Control seemed to state the they didn't know about the stowaway, but knew one of us had psychotic tendencies.

Old 03-02-2015, 01:02 PM   #3047
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
So here it is. This is the only day we have had a severely injured person and no mercy kill. Based on these results I think it is very likely that either Raven or CF is our original murderer.

CF was beaten up and couldn't perform any actions. Raven could have been injured and wouldn't mercy kill himself.

False. Danny was injured on day 2 by an accident and not killed until day 4.

Plus, I recall Thom asking someone to guard me that night. Had he not, I may have been killed that night. I don't know if I was actually guarded or not, but the request was made publicly by Thom.

Quote:
Day 2 Results

You now have a staffed Scientific Research Center. Narcizo, Sharkn20 and timmae will have options to begin looking into starting Day 3.

Starting Day 3 you will begin to notice the benefits of the biodome as it is now fully functioning.

The Government building is not quite complete due to lack of effort. Three resources will have to work on that day three to complete it to get the benefit.

You find Chief Rum beaten and bruised. He has little memory of what happened but he is in serious condition.

Additionally, there was a bad accident while working on the government building and Danny has been critically injured.

Neither Chief nor Danny can be used for actions in Day 3. They can post and vote.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:03 PM   #3048
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

FYI I can't vote today because I am in jail. Which by the way, was a bad decision by our leader.

I like the line of thinking that Raven/CF could be the murderer.

I think Thomkal is likely in the resistance.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:08 PM   #3049
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
And last night I jailed CrimsonFox-how could I not especially when he claimed to be the stowaway? Not sure what I can do with him in jail yet.

Raven was also guarded last night

Here you go. I was indeed guarded after my injury.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:08 PM   #3050
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Thanks Jackal!

We currently have 4 people on biodome as Shark voted to work on it as well... I believe only 3 resources are needed but nor sure exactly what trait is best. Thoughts?

I'd think engineering would be vital since presumably we're just updating system in place instead of building something from scratch.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote