Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-27-2009, 03:32 PM   #101
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Pumpy, of all the people who I know that might really enjoy WDW as an adult, I think you're high on the list.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:42 PM   #102
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Pumpy, of all the people who I know that might really enjoy WDW as an adult, I think you're high on the list.
This is probably the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me. Thanks.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:07 PM   #103
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Cool stuff OldGiants.

Thanks, Jon
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:08 PM   #104
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Not that I have any eminent plans to go visit Disney (tho I'd like to some day)- very cool, OldGiants

SI

thanks, Sterlingice.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
Old 06-27-2009, 08:29 PM   #105
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants View Post
Next time you go to Disney World be sure to check out the new 'Join The Crew' area of the Pirates ride. It is in the shop at the exit of the ride.

My daughter designed it

Pirate+League+015.JPG (image)

signed,

A Proud Dad

Very cool - we were just there in May. We love the place. We'll have to look for this if we go back next year.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:09 AM   #106
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
Very cool - we were just there in May. We love the place. We'll have to look for this if we go back next year.

Thanks, Gary.

Since she joined the Global Retail Interior Design group, she's redone Sir Mickey's next to the castle, Mickey's Ts in downtown Disney, the Photopass kiosks in many of the hotels, and mirrors in the stores in Animal Kingdom, amongst other projects.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:32 AM   #107
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

What a cool job - I think that it would be really fun to work at Disney (well other than being a character - I don't think that job would be so fun in the 100 degree heat)
Old 06-28-2009, 10:55 AM   #108
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants View Post
Next time you go to Disney World be sure to check out the new 'Join The Crew' area of the Pirates ride. It is in the shop at the exit of the ride.

My daughter designed it

Pirate+League+015.JPG (image)

signed,

A Proud Dad

We are going in July, I will be sure to look out for this! Looks cool.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:06 PM   #109
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I'm heading down to Disney next week. We've been several times before, but this is the first time for our three year old daughter. She's over the moon about the character breakfast we're going to where she gets to meet and get autographs from all of the princesses. FWIW......I'm pretty excited to meet the princesses as well.

Anyway, I happened to find some fantastic iPhone apps for the trip. There's three of them, all created by VistaEdge. One is a dining application that has all menus at the resorts and parks. Another app has opening/closing times in addition to schedules for all the events and parades. The third app gives real time wait times at all rides in the park, often that are more accurate than the Disney-posted times. All of the apps also have a 'Near Me' button that locates you via GPS and shows you the closest attractions, restaurants, etc. If you buy all three apps, it totals $3.97. Not bad at all to have all that info available while in the parks.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:52 PM   #110
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

I hope your daughter has a great time. I can remember the first time we took our little girl to Disneyland and then Disney World. At the time, neither my wife nor I had any idea she would wind up in the Imagineering Department.

Last month, she got married at the Boardwalk Hotel. We had the reception in the Living Seas restaurant (in the conference room in back), and finally a dessert reception at the British Pub (outside on the terrace). Absolutely the best time I've ever had.

If your daughter would like to see a few pictures of the wedding of a real, live Disney Princess, here are links to the photographer's websites:

http://www.studio222photography.com/blog/2010/03/disney-wedding-at-the-croquet-lawn-becky-jeff/

http://www.brendasweddingblog.com/blogs/2010/3/17/the-bride-and-grooms-first-look-with-a-little-bit-of-green.html

http://www.disneyweddingblog.com/2010/03/first-look-spotlight-becky-jeff.html
Old 04-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #111
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

MBBF - how odd to see you mention those apps less than an hour after my wife & son mentioned them to me for the first time.

And that's actually twice in the last 24 hours or so that something pretty random has been mentioned here at home & then I find it mentioned in my online world as well a very short while later (i.e. it wasn't coming from reading the same major story online or something, it was just something random that popped up).

If I didn't know better I'd say that's pretty ironic, like rain on your wedding day or something
Old 04-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #112
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

more coincidence: i'll be at disney next week too
Old 04-02-2010, 07:47 PM   #113
MrBug708
Head Coach

I was gonna head down today but got sidetracked. My sister has a placard so we don't have to wait long. If you are spending more then one day, hit california adventures first thing for the toy story ride. After the first 20 minutes of opening, the line is an hour plus the whole time
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:29 PM   #114
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
And that's actually twice in the last 24 hours or so that something pretty random has been mentioned here at home & then I find it mentioned in my online world as well a very short while later (i.e. it wasn't coming from reading the same major story online or something, it was just something random that popped up).

I've had stretches of these - random things that I hadn't thought of in ages that happen to pop up twice on the same day from different sources.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:42 PM   #115
PilotMan
Head Coach

We will be heading to Disneyworld and Seaworld the week after next.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:07 AM   #116
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. I actually just got another bride to sign on this morning for a wedding at our winery next year. So I've got wedding on the mind right now.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #117
PilotMan
Head Coach

hxxp://www.textsfromlastnight.com/Text-Replies-2566.html

(407):

i went to disney world today with my friends, met snow white, then saw her later at a bar. she is naked next to me in her bed, passwed out. when you wish upon a star...

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:17 PM   #118
ColtCrazy
College Starter

We are going down to Disney this summer, either the week before or the week after my job in England. We got our tickets through undercovertourist and got a pretty good deal on them.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:34 PM   #119
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

any suggestions on what to do in the orlando area that is inexpensive and not disney? we have 2 extra days in orlando and i'm looking for something to do that won't cost us the $300 it would cost to do a theme park. on one of the days we are going to Cocoa Beach. Any other suggestions?
Old 04-06-2010, 12:39 PM   #120
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Cape Canaveral is about an hour's drive east of Orlando. But it's still fairly expensive (about $40 for an adult unless you can find a discount)

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:08 PM   #121
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

We went to Disney for a day last week. First time back since we moved from Florida. Four years inflation + non-Florida resident = 1-day-pass sticker shock.

Even using the fast pass system, we barely got on many rides - and that's including the rides just the kids went on. At least it was open until 1am. We left at 5 to have dinner outside the park with an old friend of mine and went back for a couple hours later.

If you're not staying at a Disney resort and you stay late and hit the mad rush of people all leaving at the same time and trying to get on the monorails/ferry to get to the parking lot, here's a tip - you can use the resort monorail to get to the parking lot. They have separate monorails for resort guests and the rest, but they don't check and they both get you to the parking lot. There must have been 5000 people waiting for the regular monorail when we left at midnight and maybe 100 at the resort monorail. We chose wisely.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-06-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:26 PM   #122
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
any suggestions on what to do in the orlando area that is inexpensive and not disney? we have 2 extra days in orlando and i'm looking for something to do that won't cost us the $300 it would cost to do a theme park. on one of the days we are going to Cocoa Beach. Any other suggestions?

There are miniature golf courses galore. Plenty of touristy-trap stuff down near the Disney area that aren't as expensive. It's been a while since I lived there so I'm not up-to-date, but there is a fair amount of typical city stuff beyond the theme parks, along with other entertainment bits that aren't theme park expensive.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:02 PM   #123
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
We went to Disney for a day last week. First time back since we moved from Florida. Four years inflation + non-Florida resident = 1-day-pass sticker shock.

Even using the fast pass system, we barely got on many rides - and that's including the rides just the kids went on. At least it was open until 1am. We left at 5 to have dinner outside the park with an old friend of mine and went back for a couple hours later.

If you're not staying at a Disney resort and you stay late and hit the mad rush of people all leaving at the same time and trying to get on the monorails/ferry to get to the parking lot, here's a tip - you can use the resort monorail to get to the parking lot. They have separate monorails for resort guests and the rest, but they don't check and they both get you to the parking lot. There must have been 5000 people waiting for the regular monorail when we left at midnight and maybe 100 at the resort monorail. We chose wisely.

Another tip at rush time is take the bus to Downtown Disney and then get your resort bus from there. We've saved at least a half hour doing this several times. This is particularly useful if you are staying at the least expensive Disney hotels like the All-star series or Caribbean Beach.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:09 PM   #124
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post

If you want to have a good time at a pool, here's a way. It is Disney, but free. Go to downtown Disney. Take the Port Orleans boat to the French Quarter. There is a pool with a dragon slide right there. It is a hotel pool, but no one will hassle you. If you get bored there, get back on the boat to Dixie Landing where there is bigger pool but the slide is ordinary.

They expect folks to hang around the pool on getaway days, so you will fit right in.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:54 PM   #125
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Had a great time at the parks. Daughter got to meet all the princesses and several of the characters and get their autographs. She loved the teacups, the Goofy rollercoaster, and the ride that bears her name (Kali River Rapids). Everyone had a great time and no terrible issues with crowds.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:22 PM   #126
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
She loved the teacups, the Goofy rollercoaster, and the ride that bears her name (Kali River Rapids).

You named your daughter Rapids?
Old 04-09-2010, 08:11 AM   #127
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
You named your daughter Rapids?

I'm not good with decisions under pressure.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:45 PM   #128
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Old 04-16-2010, 05:10 AM   #129
Izulde
Head Coach

Great pictures, MBBF.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:42 AM   #130
Butter
Coordinator

Smile, girl, it's Disney World!!!!
Old 04-16-2010, 06:56 AM   #131
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
Smile, girl, it's Disney World!!!!

I think she was caught off-guard a bit by the fact that the characters that she idolizes were strolling right into the room to talk to her. She was thrilled after meeting them, but very reserved when meeting them. Royalty has that effect I suppose.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #132
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Great pictures, thanks for posting them.

When I look back at pictures of my daughter's first trips to the Disney parks, I see the same kind of joy and awe in her face. The pleasant surprise is that I still see that look in her eyes when I walk around the park with her now.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:46 AM   #133
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

My 10 year old decided to announce right before we went to DW that she's always been scared of Goofy. So we spent the entire time pointing out Goofy pictures and tracking the live Goofy around the park to mess with her. She said his laugh gives her the creeps.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote