Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-16-2010, 06:48 PM   #1
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Printer-network question

Hey guys-

You're my usual experts, so let's see what you guys can do here. My wife just bought a new Toshiba laptop (I've got one coming in four days as well) and we have a deskjet printer that is connected to our desktop pc upstairs. That PC acts basically as a hub for the printer (if the upstairs computer isn't on, the printer won't print from our current laptops for instance). Our problem is that we haven't had to figure out how to get a wireless laptop to print to it in about four or five years and we can't remember to save our lives. Anyone know how to pull this off?

Find printer doesn't work since the printer itself isn't networked nor does it then have its own IP address. The old laptops still use it just fine and the new laptop will print off it when plugged directly into it. Thanks in advance, this is driving her (and therefore me) crazy.

PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
gstelmack
Pro Starter

The desktop is supposed to share the printer out, and the laptop is supposed to network with the desktop and then find the printer off the desktop. Can your laptop "see" the desktop at all?
Old 04-16-2010, 08:23 PM   #3
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
The desktop is supposed to share the printer out, and the laptop is supposed to network with the desktop and then find the printer off the desktop. Can your laptop "see" the desktop at all?

Yeah, our laptop sees and shares with everything. For whatever reason we just can't print. We had the same problem several years ago when we got new laptops and stumbled on to some answer and for the life of me can't remember it.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote