This game blows!

jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #52
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
This game blows!

Thanks for that post very constructive. What are you modder for OOTP or just Markus' brother in law?
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:39 PM   #53
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Thanks for that post very constructive. What are you modder for OOTP or just Markus' brother in law?

Nope just someone that has purchased the game 5 times and still see some of the same bugs it has had since 2003 and a huge fan of a real baseball game OOTP baseball.

The 9 hits in 138 innings cracks me up. Sound like a pretty good game engine in place does it?

Cant make lemonade from spoiled lemons

Last edited by jbergey22 : 04-05-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:50 PM   #54
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
a real baseball game OOTP baseball

Calling OOTP "real baseball" pretty much just wiped out your credibility.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:52 PM   #55
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Calling OOTP "real baseball" pretty much just wiped out your credibility.

Ah shucks. Atleast it means I at one point had some which is more than I can say for you.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 04-05-2009 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:56 PM   #56
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ah shucks. Atleast it means I at one point at some which is more than I can say for you.

When I need any shit from you I'll squeeze your head. Until then, go slobber on the object of your fanboy affection, I'm sure he loves it.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:59 PM   #57
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
When I need any shit from you I'll squeeze your head. Until then, go slobber on the object of your fanboy affection, I'm sure he loves it.

You are a clever one. YOu've been riding the short bus again havent you? BTW you should probably go look up the meaning of "fanboy" so you dont use it in instances where it doesnt quite fit in.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:00 AM   #58
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
6.5. That was the greatest.

Yep.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:03 AM   #59
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Nope just someone that has purchased the game 5 times and still see some of the same bugs it has had since 2003 and a huge fan of a real baseball game OOTP baseball.

That's pretty funny considering there's a fair number of threads/posts on the OOTP boards complaining about certain bugs having been in OOTP for several versions.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:04 AM   #60
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
That's pretty funny considering there's a fair number of threads/posts on the OOTP boards complaining about certain bugs having been in OOTP for several versions.

Yes there has and I never once said there wasnt. Ive never seen anything close to 138IP and 9 hits however. Problem with OOTP is too many people want it to be a fantasy type game while the baseball fans want it to be a reflection of what todays baseball is or historical baseball was. Markus is trying to please too many people.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 04-06-2009 at 12:06 AM.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:05 AM   #61
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You are a clever one. YOu've been riding the short bus again havent you? BTW you should probably go look up the meaning of "fanboy" so you dont use it in instances where it doesnt quite fit in.

Anybody that sings the praises of the clusterfucks that Markus has consistently produces qualifies with ease. Now crawl back under your rock or wherever you hang out, we'll call you if we find ourselves short of a village idiot.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:07 AM   #62
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Anybody that sings the praises of the clusterfucks that Markus has consistently produces qualifies with ease. Now crawl back under your rock or wherever you hang out, we'll call you if we find ourselves short of a village idiot.

Get a life man! Seriously!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:14 AM   #63
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

wow. never would have expected this type of exchange in this thread. LOL
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:37 AM   #64
cody8200
High School Varsity

Clay hasn't made a good game in 7 years. I've purchased about 4 of the bad ones. I guess my idea of a good game means one that I can sim 100 years into the future (without it crashing) and beginning to play from there. I like to look over the history of the year. I don't like seeing 500 game winners and 1000 HR guys. I've seent aht way too many times in Mogul.

In my opinion, Markus's game really is world's above BM. BM's interface hasn't changed in 10 years. It may be simple but so was Windows 3.1. If your looking for another option, Puresim will probably be released later this year.
cody8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:49 AM   #65
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

BM 2011

Baseball Mogul Simulation Game
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:53 AM   #66
Icy
Pro Starter

I see a lot of IMPROVED things, but i wonder if there is any real improvement, i think last version i tried was 2006 or so.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:20 AM   #67
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
I see a lot of IMPROVED things, but i wonder if there is any real improvement, i think last version i tried was 2006 or so.

Well, I'll probably try the demo when it's released.

Looks like they now have FA bidding wars.. improved trade and draft AI, and adjustable roster sizes.. amoungst some other things.

How well it all works remains to be seen.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:04 PM   #68
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Demo is out, same link above.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:42 PM   #69
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I've loved the baseball mogul series for about 6 or 7 years now, I really enjoy the simplicity and the fact that its not OOTP. simplistic is perfect, and Mogul does it very well, I will be purchasing again.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:44 PM   #70
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

dola, I also recommend this game to anyone that enjoys just a simple, yet working fun game of text baseball. with a few cool little graphics, but not micro managing every little damn thing like some other sims. There is no deciding on the ounces of pine tar on a bat of the backup 2nd basemen in your Australian double A team. And thats why I love it.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:03 AM   #71
Ramzavail
College Starter

The one thing I've always thought was REALLY cool in the Mogul games is when you start a fictional league it gives you fictional simulated stats without having to simulate future years yourself. You can start with previous simulated stats @ year 1. Plus, they are really simulated stats not Kurt Suzuki renamed Harry Hyundai with Kurt's Suzuki's stats.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:30 AM   #72
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

the thing that irritated me about mogul from a "simple game" POV was that there's no mechanism for changing starters into relievers.

it also always used to seem to me that there was too much "variability" built into player performance. a guy could be a total stud one year then a dud for 2-3 years. moreso than IRL.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 04-02-2010 at 09:20 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:57 AM   #73
Icy
Pro Starter

Do finances work more or less ok? I hate text sims where everything goes out of whack after a few years, with all teams becoming either too rich or totally bankrupt, leaving all stars sitting in FA for years and making it impossible to continue your league properly.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:13 AM   #74
path12
Coordinator

I've really been enjoying PureSim and haven't even looked at Mogul in years. Does anyone who has played both have a comparison to share?
Old 04-02-2010, 01:17 PM   #75
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I love Puresim too..

I'm waiting on HoustonGM over at the forums to release his rosters, then I will try out the demo.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #76
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Ah shucks. Atleast it means I at one point had some which is more than I can say for you.

Quote:

The annual BM release day quick someone invite JBergey22 and JIMGA over here to get reacquainted
Old 04-02-2010, 04:44 PM   #77
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
The annual BM release day quick someone invite JBergey22 and JIMGA over here to get reacquainted

Pass
Old 04-02-2010, 05:20 PM   #78
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

BM, the baseball fan's answer to MF...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:35 PM   #79
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

not quite.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:03 PM   #80
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Pass

Sorry, I am a Troll in disguise.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:27 AM   #81
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
BM, the baseball fan's answer to MF...

Seriously.. not even close.

Give Clay some credit.. their football product might stink.. but BM isn't really that bad - I didn't get last years since not much had changed from 09, but he's been making changes for the better and I just might pick up BM11. That would give me all 3 baseball sims this year.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:34 AM   #82
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Seriously.. not even close.

Give Clay some credit.. their football product might stink.. but BM isn't really that bad - I didn't get last years since not much had changed from 09, but he's been making changes for the better and I just might pick up BM11. That would give me all 3 baseball sims this year.

Agreed. It's a fun game that doesn't deserve the crap that some folks still feel compelled to dish out.
PadresFan104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:10 PM   #83
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan104 View Post
Agreed. It's a fun game that doesn't deserve the crap that some folks still feel compelled to dish out.

Thank you. I totally agree and I haven't bought the game in the 3 or 4 years now.

Last edited by Galaril : 04-03-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:14 PM   #84
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The thing with BM is you have to be able to take it for what it is. It's Axis and Allies, not War in the Pacific. If you can deal with almost everything not being accurate, it can be a very fun time waster. When I play BM I do so knowing it's flaws, but having fun in spite of them.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:19 PM   #85
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
The thing with BM is you have to be able to take it for what it is. It's Axis and Allies, not War in the Pacific. If you can deal with almost everything not being accurate, it can be a very fun time waster. When I play BM I do so knowing it's flaws, but having fun in spite of them.

Good comparison if BM is or can get to a Strategic Command level then that would be the sweet spot.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:27 PM   #86
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

So true.. although I do think it's a bit pricy at $34.99, shoot ootp was $5.00 cheaper. If it was $19.99, I would have already bought it.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:38 PM   #87
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I only buy when it's on sale over the winter.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:17 PM   #88
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
So true.. although I do think it's a bit pricy at $34.99, shoot ootp was $5.00 cheaper. If it was $19.99, I would have already bought it.

Agreed...I always enjoy playing it when I break it back out but at $34.99? Not even close to priced correctly.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 06:12 PM   #89
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Agreed...I always enjoy playing it when I break it back out but at $34.99? Not even close to priced correctly.

I feel the same way. I find the game fun to play and usually buy a new version every other year or so but at $34.99 I'm holding off of this right now. $19.99 and I would be playing it.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:48 PM   #90
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I used the $4 coupon that just came via the newsletter and picked it up. The engine itself has really improved along with some other nice changes this year.

It's fun to pick up and rattle of a chunk of games at a time.