Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-08-2010, 02:41 PM   #651
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

The first thing is make sure you are running the game as an administrator. If you right click on the game icon you should see the option. Then try is disabling any antivirus you have running when you try and open the game. Then try this:

1. Right-click on "My Computer"
2. Select "Properties"
3. Click on the "Advanced" Tab.
4. Click on the Performance "Settings" Button
5. Click on the "Data Execution Prevention" Tab
6. Verify that "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only" is selected. If it is not, select that option and click "APPLY" and then try and run the game.

Note: Even if you see that option checked already, go ahead and uncheck and then recheck it to ensure that its activated!

7. If the problem persists, go back and select the other option "turn on DEP for all windows programs and services EXCEPT those I select" and ADD the following files:

"runservice.exe" Will be found in C:\Windows
"FBCB2010.exe" Normally found in C:\Program Files\GDS\Fast Break College Basketball 2010

9. Click APPLY then Reboot and then relaunch the game.

Last edited by HeavyReign : 04-08-2010 at 02:44 PM.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:03 PM   #652
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Yeah, I had to click run as administrator. I downloaded FM demo and when I clicked it, it didn't work so I moved on. Same thing with the full version but not the demo.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:39 PM   #653
korme
Go Reds

Ok, got it up and running. I thought we'd be able to add conferences during a current career? Not the case? Want to play around with a historical league.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:52 PM   #654
Emmett13
Mascot

How long until the assists problem is solved? That's the last bugaboo, before I'm ready to dive head first into a career.
Emmett13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:13 PM   #655
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Ok, got it up and running. I thought we'd be able to add conferences during a current career? Not the case? Want to play around with a historical league.
who the hell are you
Old 04-08-2010, 08:23 PM   #656
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
The first thing is make sure you are running the game as an administrator. If you right click on the game icon you should see the option. Then try is disabling any antivirus you have running when you try and open the game. Then try this:

1. Right-click on "My Computer"
2. Select "Properties"
3. Click on the "Advanced" Tab.
4. Click on the Performance "Settings" Button
5. Click on the "Data Execution Prevention" Tab
6. Verify that "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only" is selected. If it is not, select that option and click "APPLY" and then try and run the game.

Note: Even if you see that option checked already, go ahead and uncheck and then recheck it to ensure that its activated!

7. If the problem persists, go back and select the other option "turn on DEP for all windows programs and services EXCEPT those I select" and ADD the following files:

"runservice.exe" Will be found in C:\Windows
"FBCB2010.exe" Normally found in C:\Program Files\GDS\Fast Break College Basketball 2010

9. Click APPLY then Reboot and then relaunch the game.

I also had that problem with Windows 7. I don't know how, but I checked compatability, it said something along the lines of (use Windows XP SP2 for program) and it has worked since. I also still have the overhang at the bottom and would appreciate a way to access e-mail other than the bottom right. Picked up one RTE9 so far during one of the offseason processing sessions - I'll pay attention better next time to what was going on.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:57 PM   #657
RedKingGold
College Starter

Wow, I thought Shorty passed away of complications from herpes.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #658
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am at the Grey Dog Store website but don't see an option to buy this game.

I see BBCF and all the wrestling games...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:25 AM   #659
CubsFan915
High School Varsity

Did you go to the Grey Dog front page? I just went there, and it's the top story on the front page.

Running the Richmond Confederates of the FOBL into the ground since 2001.
CubsFan915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:28 AM   #660
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I am at the Grey Dog Store website but don't see an option to buy this game.

I see BBCF and all the wrestling games...

http://72.29.67.246/GDS/FBCB2010SETUP.exe
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:53 PM   #661
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Anybody have that 2002-3 file handy? Sounds like fun.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 06:05 PM   #662
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmooth View Post
Anybody have that 2002-3 file handy? Sounds like fun.

Goose Juice Dot Com
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:01 PM   #663
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

I have uploaded a patch to the current build. I'll tend to release several smaller patches in between each official patch. You can get it here:

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v203.zip

Extract the files to your install directory. When you start the game it should say version 2.0.3 in the bottom left corner after applying the update.

Version 2.0.3
Fixes:
*Fixed sorting by DRb% on team stats screen.
*Fixed error 62 issues related to tourneys.csv

Changes:
*Increased the effectiveness of players with high passing skill.
*Increased stamina recovery at half time.
*Increased the number of touches for good post players.

Version 2.0.2
Fixes:
*Awards screen now loads blank if accessed before the first awards have been announced.
*Conferences with no tourney berth will not automatically send their regular season conference champ to the FBIT if they don't get a championship tourney berth. (Great West).
*Added code to prevent error 383 during recruiting
*Fixed sorting on roster screen when viewing defense.
*Editing future recruits should save properly now.
*Fixed a bug that could cause the selection show to appear before selection sunday

Changes:
*Increased the odds of underclassmen entering the draft.
*Conferences with no championship tourney berth and prestige of 3 or less will send their tourney champ to the 4IT (Great West).
*Added more descriptive error messages when the game can't locate or can't write to the data folder.
*Added printing to the team schedule screen.
*Head to head record is now the main tie breaker for conference standings
*Added an open folder button the default league screen.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:48 AM   #664
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

What do the colors to the left on the player roster screen mean?

I am struggling with North Dakota. I started at 0 prestige and have only made it to a 6 prestige in 5 seasons. I am playing on the hardest level. I am so happy that this game is a challenge.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 04-10-2010 at 03:49 AM.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:57 AM   #665
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post

I am struggling with North Dakota. I started at 0 prestige and have only made it to a 6 prestige in 5 seasons. I am playing on the hardest level. I am so happy that this game is a challenge.

Player's current and potential rating in this order; red, orange, yellow, green, blue.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:37 AM   #666
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
I have uploaded a patch to the current build. I'll tend to release several smaller patches in between each official patch. You can get it here:

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v203.zip

Extract the files to your install directory. When you start the game it should say version 2.0.3 in the bottom left corner after applying the update.

Version 2.0.3
Fixes:
*Fixed sorting by DRb% on team stats screen.
*Fixed error 62 issues related to tourneys.csv

Changes:
*Increased the effectiveness of players with high passing skill.
*Increased stamina recovery at half time.
*Increased the number of touches for good post players.

Version 2.0.2
Fixes:
*Awards screen now loads blank if accessed before the first awards have been announced.
*Conferences with no tourney berth will not automatically send their regular season conference champ to the FBIT if they don't get a championship tourney berth. (Great West).
*Added code to prevent error 383 during recruiting
*Fixed sorting on roster screen when viewing defense.
*Editing future recruits should save properly now.
*Fixed a bug that could cause the selection show to appear before selection sunday

Changes:
*Increased the odds of underclassmen entering the draft.
*Conferences with no championship tourney berth and prestige of 3 or less will send their tourney champ to the 4IT (Great West).
*Added more descriptive error messages when the game can't locate or can't write to the data folder.
*Added printing to the team schedule screen.
*Head to head record is now the main tie breaker for conference standings
*Added an open folder button the default league screen.

looking good, lots of sensible changes here.

Quick test run :

Leaders APG look really good to me now
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:50 AM   #667
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:

I wish there were an option to use letter grades to identify potential from the roster screen because no having a color key right on the roster really makes it difficult to remember what all the colors mean. All I know is green is good and red is bad.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:55 AM   #668
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
I wish there were an option to use letter grades to identify potential from the roster screen because no having a color key right on the roster really makes it difficult to remember what all the colors mean. All I know is green is good and red is bad.

sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:16 AM   #669
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsFan915 View Post
Did you go to the Grey Dog front page? I just went there, and it's the top story on the front page.

Quote:

These arent what I need.

My birthday is coming up and my Sister in Law lives in England so this will be a perfect gift. I was wondering if there is an option for her to just buy the license with out having to download anything then just email it to me.

I probably should have been clearer.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:59 AM   #670
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Getting ready to give the new update a whirl but the last update seemed to tone down the tournament upsets -- or my league is just a statistical aberration. In first four seasons with original file two teams with 10 or more losses won the title and most years one or more double-digit seeds made the Final Four.

In next three seasons with new patch, no double-digit seeds made it, 2-3 No. 1 seeds have made the Final Four. It's a drastic but great switch.

I also really like that the AD expectations change in line with graduations more so than in past years. I made the tournament in my fifth season and had all my starters back but one the next season and my expectation was to make the NCAA tournament. I did, but lost most of my starters the next season except for my hotshot SG. My expectation was to merely compete for the conference title. That's a nice change, since in the last version it didn't seem that AD expectations changed that dynamically.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:08 PM   #671
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
The existence of the Great West is going to offer a great challenge in this game. North Dakota is kind of the Savannah State of FBCB2. I eased the challenge a bit for my first career by giving the Great West a tournament bid but I probably won't do that next time.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:34 PM   #672
CubsFan915
High School Varsity

Am I the only one ending up with one division in each conference? I went to Tools to edit the default data to give each team the right nicknames, and when I then look at the conferences, each one shows the correct number of teams, but they're all in division one.

Old 04-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #673
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Only 6 of the 33 conferences should have more than one division and only 5 of them use those divisions for standings. The following conferences should have 2 divisions on the standings screen: Sun Belt, MAC, SEC, Southern, Southland. Are you seeing something different?
Old 04-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #674
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
These arent what I need.

My birthday is coming up and my Sister in Law lives in England so this will be a perfect gift. I was wondering if there is an option for her to just buy the license with out having to download anything then just email it to me.

I probably should have been clearer.

It should be added to the web store fairly soon. I think Arlie is just waiting to get the box image for the game.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:49 PM   #675
CubsFan915
High School Varsity

No, HR, I'm just an idiot. I was thinking the ACC has two divisions, but that's football. My bad.

Old 04-10-2010, 04:55 PM   #676
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
It should be added to the web store fairly soon. I think Arlie is just waiting to get the box image for the game.

sweet!
Old 04-10-2010, 08:36 PM   #677
JohnnyBGood
n00b

Having a problem here:

I started a new game, saved and after trying to load it back up it is not listed. I can hit "Open Folder" and the league folder opens up. The files are definitely on my computer, so how do I get it recognized to load?
JohnnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:11 PM   #678
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

So you can see a folder with the name of your save inside the leaguedata folder that opens? Do you get any warning messages when opening the game?
Old 04-10-2010, 09:28 PM   #679
JohnnyBGood
n00b

No warning messages. I found a workaround though: I created a new league, saved that one real quick, then hit load. All of a sudden my other one appeared in that list and I was able to load it. Strange. Maybe I deleted the default league file by accident, or something.

Last edited by JohnnyBGood : 04-10-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:42 PM   #680
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Weird. I'll have to take a look and see if anyone is having issues with the API call that is used to find the public documents folder. I do know that on some computers it comes back blank but that would have given a warning message.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:13 AM   #681
whomario
Pro Starter

What amazes me are all the small details that this game does so well.
Since i´m a perfectionist, at the end of the recruiting period i scout and recruit 1 and 2 star guys just in case someone is scholarship worthy in case one of my players declare for the draft. Since i´m a 95 prestige school now (carry-over save from previous version) chances are slim to nonen.
However this period 2 players declared early and i had 2 guys that looked ok for spot minutes every now and then, but obviously didn´t want to spend 2 scholarships on fringe players, so offered one.

Now the new season comes around and guess what ? The other kid i invited to campus just showed up as a walk-on. How great is that ?
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:50 PM   #682
CubsFan915
High School Varsity

When (and where) can I make a request of my AD? He's cut my budget two seasons running now..

Old 04-11-2010, 04:14 PM   #683
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Requests got taken out, they are bonuses now and you get them when the AD decides, so do good and you will get bonuses such as more money, better facilities etc.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:52 PM   #684
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
sweet!

You could have her download the game and sign up for a license. Have her unlicense it and send you the key.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:36 PM   #685
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

I just wanted to say thanks. This game is great.

I sort of missed out on the original because I didnt purchase it until 4 years after original release.

This one seems to have it right. Every other basketball sim I have played I wasnt really happy with the game flow(game engine) however this one just makes so much sense.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:16 PM   #686
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
What amazes me are all the small details that this game does so well.
Since i´m a perfectionist, at the end of the recruiting period i scout and recruit 1 and 2 star guys just in case someone is scholarship worthy in case one of my players declare for the draft. Since i´m a 95 prestige school now (carry-over save from previous version) chances are slim to nonen.
However this period 2 players declared early and i had 2 guys that looked ok for spot minutes every now and then, but obviously didn´t want to spend 2 scholarships on fringe players, so offered one.

Now the new season comes around and guess what ? The other kid i invited to campus just showed up as a walk-on. How great is that ?

Very cool! Must say the update is even better than I expected from my limited play so far. Can't wait until the semester is over for me so I can really dive into it.
lcjjdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:05 PM   #687
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Welp, I think maybe those seasons without major upsets were the exception. Just had a 15-seed make it to the Final Four.

Other than the number and magnitude of upsets in the NCAA tournament, the game is aces. Really digging the tweaks here and there from FBCB.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:15 PM   #688
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
Welp, I think maybe those seasons without major upsets were the exception. Just had a 15-seed make it to the Final Four.

Other than the number and magnitude of upsets in the NCAA tournament, the game is aces. Really digging the tweaks here and there from FBCB.

How good was the 15 seed? Maybe it was more of a problem that the 15 seed was seeded too low. Ive only played 5-6 seasons but I thought the number of early upsets seemed very realistic with the better teams(1-4 seeds) making the final four. Much better than any other college basketball sim which either had too many crazy upsets or the favs always winning.

I had one region where all 1-8 advanced to the 2nd round while in another region I had a 12 seed facing a 13 seed in the 2nd round which happens quite often. The craziest thing I seen was B2B National Championships by Okie St.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 04-12-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:10 AM   #689
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Hey Brian - if I accidentally bought two licenses on "preview" day, do I contact you for a refund or eLicense?
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:23 AM   #690
LloydLungs
College Prospect

I have not seen quite the proliferation of tourney upsets that kcchief has -- the biggest incidents I've seen is #14 seed Butler making the Elite Eight, and one insane tournament saw *all four* 8s beating 1s in the second round. Generally though, I'm seeing close to the right number of #1s, #2s, #3s making the F4. I'd say the game is probably a couple extra high-impact freshman types from getting this right.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:13 PM   #691
scoman
n00b

Great game,very nice job.

A couple of bugs I found,I have all 4 post seasons tourneys active and in the fourth tourney there are double results for the championship game and my team was also seeded twice in the fourth tourney.
scoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:25 PM   #692
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Loaded up the 2002-03 rosters and edited the incoming recruits to include Lebron and the top 100 players from the 2003 class. Pretty cool to see how the recruiting turned out although I was shocked to see Lebron choose Wisconsin...ha. Good times.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:14 PM   #693
JohnnyBGood
n00b

As a small school I noticed it is a bit too easy to land the international recruits. Basically the first week, add them to your call list if they are "Average" (there is usually about 4-6 *** international recruits who'll have you as average) and then you can pretty much have then so long as you throw in a Head coach visit and an offer early on. By the time the other schools get on them, they are ready to commit. Easy way (too easy, IMO) to get legit *** guys. Maybe it should be tweeked so teams look at the international guys earlier. Needless to say, more than half my roster is international. I think I'm going to have to institute a one-overseas player per season house rule.

Last edited by JohnnyBGood : 04-13-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:33 PM   #694
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood View Post
As a small school I noticed it is a bit too easy to land the international recruits. Basically the first week, add them to your call list if they are "Average" (there is usually about 4-6 *** international recruits who'll have you as average) and then you can pretty much have then so long as you throw in a Head coach visit and an offer early on. By the time the other schools get on them, they are ready to commit. Easy way (too easy, IMO) to get legit *** guys. Maybe it should be tweeked so teams look at the international guys earlier. Needless to say, more than half my roster is international. I think I'm going to have to institute a one-overseas player per season house rule.

At the same time, at a small school doesn't this pretty much eat up your whole recruiting budget on a basically unscouted international player?
Old 04-13-2010, 08:00 PM   #695
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan View Post
At the same time, at a small school doesn't this pretty much eat up your whole recruiting budget on a basically unscouted international player?

Valid point.

Perhaps foreign players shouldnt even come with star rankings. Even 3 star foreign players arent going to come to these 20- prestige schools unless they are a virtual unknown. This way there is plenty of penalty for chasing these foreign players. You might get lucky and scout a 3 star right away and get him or you might end up spending your entire budget international and bring in a bunch of 1 stars.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:39 PM   #696
endemicFOF
n00b

I'm having a hard time sticking to my wait two months before purchasing any CPU game, but I think the wait will be worth it. Keep on digging folks, make this game as amazing as the first one! Congrats on the new game HR...I've probably spend close to 6 months if you added up the minutes playing your two games, and I hope you get some time to kick back and relax once your creation is perfected...
endemicFOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:42 PM   #697
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Valid point.

Perhaps foreign players shouldnt even come with star rankings. Even 3 star foreign players arent going to come to these 20- prestige schools unless they are a virtual unknown. This way there is plenty of penalty for chasing these foreign players. You might get lucky and scout a 3 star right away and get him or you might end up spending your entire budget international and bring in a bunch of 1 stars.

I'd be all for something along those lines. Maybe just more scouting error for international players, or better yet less correlation between star/ranking and skills for international players.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:29 PM   #698
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan View Post
I'd be all for something along those lines. Maybe just more scouting error for international players, or better yet less correlation between star/ranking and skills for international players.

Or how about no ability to scout them at all? Get their star-rating and their stats, and be forced to make a decision based on that?
Old 04-14-2010, 02:06 AM   #699
JohnnyBGood
n00b

To answer RPI-Fans question, I'll always have them fully scouted before offering them a scholarship. Essentially you can leave them on your call list from Month 1 and within 2 Rounds all "Average" intl players will usualy be "very high." You can scout them 1 per week and still aggressively go for 2-3 local players. Meanwhile if any of them are worth while, they'll be "very high" with usually no other schools targeting them. Throw in a schollie and one home visit and they'll usually commit after November. Around then some other (big time) teams will start showing interest, but you'd have built up enough of a cushion to get them to committ relatively easily. There have been instances where I didn't even need to visit them. Just put them on your call list right away and after a few rounds they'll have enough interresgmt (and lack of from other teams) to committ. Thus I don't think the issue is scouting. I think it's a matter of teams not targeting these players enough early on. They seem to be a "last resort" and only draw interest when the other, national *** players are snatched up. I do think international players tend to go under the radar a bit (see: Paddy Mills) but not to this extreme. I'd say have teams pursue these players earlier on and that would solve the problem a bit.

Last edited by JohnnyBGood : 04-14-2010 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Typing from iPhone. Typos galore.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:19 AM   #700
LloydLungs
College Prospect

I've seen tournament seeding issues with the MAAC and A-Sun conferences, at least. In my most recent season, 8-10 Rider got seeded ahead of 9-9 Siena in the MAAC.

I had noticed a similar issue with MAAC seedings during the season before this. Also during the season before this, I had a team (USC-Upstate I think?) win the A-Sun outright but get seeded 2nd in the league tourney.

Couple of other small issues -- the Conf Tourney tab did not illuminate during my current season until after the first round of the Ohio Valley, Horizon, a few others. The first round occurred on Tuesday, Feb 28th -- the tab did finally illuminate on March 1. Maybe a month issue?

Also, it looks like you can't save box scores from the first four days of the season to the HTML page.

Still enjoying the hell out of this thing. Trying to get used to the adjusted recruiting setup, missing out on some guys I used to get. I may not be long for Youngstown, Ohio.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote