Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-13-2011, 10:00 AM   #1101
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

2.1.14 the newest version?

I am running 2.1.14, HR, and I can get a RT every single time this way. At the end of a game that I coach, if I click exit in the second between the final whistle and the time it takes to post the player of the game its a guaranteed RT.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #1102
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants View Post
Having lots of fun, so the things wrong stand out more starkly.

I had a roster filler walk-on immediately go on academic probation, then he became unhappy at his lack of playing time. "Well, hit the books, son, that's the f-ing point."

Players on probation should not whine about lack of PT.

Glad your having fun OG.

The players on probation thing was tweaked, as that shouldnt happen a whole lot. Most players wont hold it against you (which was the tweak) but some still become unhappy. If you continue to see this happen alot please post it.

The way I like to think of it as, if the player is suspended due to academics the coach is holding him out of everything (ie. games, practices, team functions, the locker room exc ) which isnt the case all accross the board in the ncaa. Some coaches still let their players attend team functions because they are still part of the team yada yada yada.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #1103
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post

I just realized there is a 2.1.13 version available, which I'm downloading. However, I see no reference to it on the GreyDog website. Plus, I'm used to always getting the current version with eLicense type games, so I don't bother searching for a patch last night.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #1104
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Speaking of which, is anyone interested in the default files for my Zeroed Out dynasty?

I was re-reading this thread and noticed that I missed a few posts. I enjoyed following this and I would be interested in those files
Old 02-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #1105
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
BTW Rowech, have you read through this recruiting dynasty/tutorial by muns @ the official FBCB forums?

It has some excellent information in it and I really think it could help you, and probably everyone that plays this game for that matter.

Fast Break Basketball Forum • View topic - Lower Prestige Recruiting Tutorial/ Dynasty

Also wanted to say thanks k0ruptr for the shoutout. With march madness right around the corner, I started it back up and have been having some fun with it.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:45 PM   #1106
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
I just realized there is a 2.1.13 version available, which I'm downloading. However, I see no reference to it on the GreyDog website. Plus, I'm used to always getting the current version with eLicense type games, so I don't bother searching for a patch last night.

My current philosophy is to post the 2.1, 2.2 etc to the main websites just to make sure I didn't mess anything up. Then if there is an issue I can always post quick fix files like the 2.1.13. That particular issue was present from launch but was never reported until after 2.1.0 was posted. I fixed the main cause of it after that but I was just able to recreate the issue the way scoobz mentioned as well. I'm working on the update that will add the 68 team tourney but I just need to find one more issue so I can get everything posted.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:41 PM   #1107
bryce
High School Varsity

Where so we grab the latest and greatest version? I just bought the game today and my version shows 2.1.0...

Also - when starting a new career, I was under the impression we'd be presented with a few job openings, but there were none under that button. Do we just pick any school that we want to start with?

Thanks.
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:47 PM   #1108
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Latest version I have posted is:

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v2113.exe

The first year you choose which team you want to coach. Alternatively you could fast sim through a season and then you would be presented with an offer for a very poor team.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:48 PM   #1109
bryce
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
Latest version I have posted is:

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v2113.exe

The first year you choose which team you want to coach. Alternatively you could fast sim through a season and then you would be presented with an offer for a very poor team.

Wow, thanks for the quick reply!
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:48 PM   #1110
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Left today for a business trip to Cleveland and didn't want to lug 2 laptops around. I am already jonesing for a fix and I am here until Friday.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:32 PM   #1111
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Just had the best season ever. Ohio Bobcats. 61 prestige. Third season in. The team is really nothing special except for two great guards. Not even the best 1-2 in the conference, though. Finished third in the conference... made it into the tournament as the 11th seed. Made the most improbable run ever and won the damn tournament. Every game I accepted would be my last and it never came. It was a fluke in a way, though. Every team I faced had been an upset in their previous game. It wasn't until the championship when I faced one seed Georgia that it was legit. Not to say I am not damn pleased, though.

Didn't get a job offer the following season, though.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:11 PM   #1112
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

I have uploaded a new temporary patch.

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v2117.exe

Updated Since 2.1.13:
Fixes:
*Postseason tournies will now take losing teams if required.
*Added code that will prevent the extra postseason tournies from attempting to run when there aren't enough teams.
*Its now possible to output html boxes for the first 4 days of the schedule.
*The conference tounreys option should now by available by the start of the earliest conference tourney even if it occurs in Feb.
*Removed PFS attribute from player print screen as it is meant to be hidden.
*Removed the possibility of having the conference tourney start within 2 days of the last conference game.
*Fixed a possible error 9 during end season due to invalid player data.
*Fixed error 9 when clicking past the end of the current season on the calendar.
*Stop simming was the only button enabled when sim month was complete on the hot seat screen.
*Using Sim day on the hot seat screen should update the main menu properly now.
*Fixed error 9 when generating recruits due to invalid JC recruits from a previous period.
*The game will stop for injuries if you have it set to do so even if the cpu is handling the depth chart.
*Added error trapping to the assistant coach hiring screen to catch the cause of error 9 without crashing the game.
*The reply buttons should no longer be available after you reject a job offer on the email screen.
*Eliminated the possibility of a team calling a timeout during on opponent run immediately after a media timeout.
*The commish login screen should now pop up in the center of the game window.
*Fixed the conference sorting order on the schedule on coach moves screens.
*Fixed recruiting scholarship errors caused by an invalid import.
*Adjusted endgame logic to better use autofoul.
*Added a filter to shorten longer names that don't fit into the tourney brackets
*On coach game screen the exit button shouldn't be enabled until the previous action is complete. This caused error 91.
*No longer possible to back into the coach game screen if you click cancel on the recruiting warning screen.
*Fixed issue with better higher FT shooting skill resulting in worse FT performance.
*Fixed possible error 9 while helping fill team schedules in October.

Changes:
*Made it possible to start the conference tourney in earlier weeks.
*Added the play-in game with score to the tourney bracket.
*Added code to adjust seeds to avoid early conference matchups in the championship tournament.
*Added support for 68 team championship tournaments
*Added the option to change the number of teams in the championship tournament in an active game.
*Added the current team goal to job offer emails.
*Added estimated recruiting budget to the assistant coach hiring screen.
*increased stamina recovery at half time.

By the way this updates the save format to account for the 68 team tourney so previous versions will error if you try to load the new save format.

Last edited by HeavyReign : 02-14-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #1113
Groundhog
Coordinator

Awesome. You rock Brian!
Old 02-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #1114
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Wow...this game keeps getting better by receiving great support from the developer.
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:39 PM   #1115
Radii
Head Coach

"*Added code to adjust seeds to avoid early conference matchups in the championship tournament."

This makes me way more happy than it probably should. Awesome!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:42 PM   #1116
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Awesome!
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:28 PM   #1117
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks Brian!
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:07 PM   #1118
henry296
College Starter

Thanks...
Old 02-14-2011, 08:17 PM   #1119
rjolley
College Starter

Thanks for the patch, Brian.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #1120
markprior22
High School Varsity

Wow...thanks so much Brian
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:42 PM   #1121
britrock88
Pro Starter

The patch looks great... there is a momentary grey screen when exiting the game screen to the hot seat, but it hasn't caused any problems thus far.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:53 PM   #1122
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Echoing the others, thanks for the constant support.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:01 PM   #1123
britrock88
Pro Starter

I did think of something that backfires on me from time to time... whenever I activate auto-foul and manage to tie the game and send it into OT, invariably I auto-foul on the first defensive possession, having forgotten to reset that setting. Is there any way to automatically do that between regulation and OT, or between OTs?
Old 02-15-2011, 12:59 AM   #1124
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Seems like common sense to turn that off automatically at the start of OT periods

Last edited by HeavyReign : 02-15-2011 at 12:59 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:29 PM   #1125
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Fired up the updated .exe last night - I know it's a small thing, but it's really cool to have the projected recruiting budget in the coach hiring screen now, and to have the job expectations included in the job offer e-mails. Thanks Brian!
Old 02-16-2011, 09:11 AM   #1126
muns
Pro Starter

Brian, you have too many PM's in your box
Old 02-18-2011, 01:18 AM   #1127
Yodi
n00b

Great job on the patch.

I just noticed a couple of more places where the conference lists are not being sorted alphabetically:

1. The “player stats” screen (the current season’s stats leaders).

2. The “team records” screen in the history section.

3. The “stats leaders” screen in the history section.

Also, maybe it would be better to sort the preseason tournaments alphabetically on the “pre tourneys” screen.
Yodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #1128
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I try to add new teams to a new conference. It lets me create 8, but when I try to get to the 14+ range, it gives me all sorts of problems and either crashes on the spot or won't load a new league when I try to start over.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:49 PM   #1129
whomario
Pro Starter

i accidentily put 9 teams into a conference which is now said 9 teams with 8 tournament qualifiers. That will still work, right ? Right ?
Cause iīm more than halfway through the first season since the change (simmed 10 years, playing my 8th right now) and having a magnificent season, currently 17-2 and ranked 18th with a 47 prestige San Francisco team that i took over 5 years ago. No player over 12,5 ppg, no rebounder over 5,5 rpg, no shot blocker. But iīve got 2 lockdown post defenders, a couple real nice shooters, a great 2-way PG and for some reason that results in wins My best player statistically would be my senior PG who averages 12,5 points and 4,5 assists.

I also have 6 seniors in my 9 man rotation, so itīs coming at just the right time.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:02 PM   #1130
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
I try to add new teams to a new conference. It lets me create 8, but when I try to get to the 14+ range, it gives me all sorts of problems and either crashes on the spot or won't load a new league when I try to start over.

So this is the default league editor?
Old 02-18-2011, 06:02 PM   #1131
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

There shouldn't be an issue. The are conferences that leave teams out of the conference tourney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
i accidentily put 9 teams into a conference which is now said 9 teams with 8 tournament qualifiers. That will still work, right ? Right ?
Old 02-18-2011, 06:06 PM   #1132
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
So this is the default league editor?

Yessir. I try to edit the default league. Only happens sometimes, but I had it happen last night when I was trying to add 16 schools to a league with all of them playing in the same city in Alaska. I finally gave up and only added 8 after my attempt to edit the current league to add more also crashed.

I will be more meticulous about getting the exactly RTE the next time if it happens, because I thought it was an anomaly as I've never had a problem editing FBCB before.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:50 PM   #1133
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Just let me know what steps you used if you remember. I just went in and created an Alaskan conference without changing any settings, added 16 teams, then adjusted the conference settings with no issues. Did you maybe try and set things like the number of games before adding teams?
Old 02-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #1134
Izulde
Head Coach

Wait, you can add new conferences after the game starts now?

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:05 PM   #1135
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Just let me know what steps you used if you remember. I just went in and created an Alaskan conference without changing any settings, added 16 teams, then adjusted the conference settings with no issues. Did you maybe try and set things like the number of games before adding teams?

Possibly. I'll try it again and if it gives me a problem, I'll let you know and I'll keep tabs on my steps. Thanks again.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:05 PM   #1136
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Wait, you can add new conferences after the game starts now?

No. You can add teams, but not new conferences after you've started. I was adding teams to an existing conference after I'd started.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:07 PM   #1137
Izulde
Head Coach

Ahh, okay. Yeah I knew that about adding teams after start but not conferences, which is what blocked my Zeroed Out dynasty from progressing. I know HR said he was considering adding that functionality so I wondered when I read that if I missed something in an update.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:48 AM   #1138
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Just curious, are you able to find surprises in recruitment? For example, let's say you recruit a 2-3 star player, is it possible for them to actually turn out to be a 5 star? Is it possible for these surprises to land with smaller schools?
Old 02-19-2011, 08:24 AM   #1139
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle1 View Post
Just curious, are you able to find surprises in recruitment? For example, let's say you recruit a 2-3 star player, is it possible for them to actually turn out to be a 5 star? Is it possible for these surprises to land with smaller schools?

he can turn out to be a great player, if thatīs what you mean. Most likely not a complete player, but itīs certainly possible for a 2 star guy to turn into a guy that in hindsight would have been rated much, much higher.

in my current game thereīs a senior guard playing for Maine that was a 3 star player (ranked around 500) and is now considered a blue/blue player, has averaged 20 a game over his career (17 as a freshman, 22 as a senior right now) , led Maine to the 2nd round twice and now has them ranked in the polls shortly before his final tournament.

thereīs also 5 star guys that just donīt turn out great.

Itīs not common and you surely wonīt see a great all around player rated as a 2 star, but itīs not overly streamlined either.
Itīs one of the outstanding qualities of the game that thereīs busts and gems and all sorts of playertypes available.

If a team puts together enough specialists that complement each other it can compete with a team featuring all top talent on some nights.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:34 AM   #1140
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

Alright this isnt as simple of a question just due to the wording you used.

Ok so the answer to your direct question is no (technically) due to the wording that you used.

FBCB2010 changed from the previous version and one of the major upgrades is exactly what you are talking about in your question.

There is a star ranking system in the game that goes from 1-5 stars, however those stars do not change at all.

Along with those stars a color box next to the recruits name shows where your head coach & scout thinks the kid is now (Current) vs where he could be (Potential).

These color boxes do in fact change and you can recruit 1-2 star kids and they end up becoming great players by the time they are seniors.

Below is a few posts I made on like the 5th page of this thread in response to a similiar question that you had.

Quote:
Im going to jump in here and say I think this is one of the biggest changes from FBCB to FBCB2.

You can go after 1 star and 2 star recruits and have them end up being great players by the time they are juniors and seniors. That part of the game has been revamped. So you dont have to just target 3 star recruits anymore when your at a lower prestige school to get great results. You can find a lot of hidden gem/ under recruited players that can become stars if you go that route.

Its a blast now in my opinion taking a lower rated school and trying to stick with them to see how good you can get them without going crazy when you loose one recruiting battle over a 3 star kid.

Quote:
IMHO I think there is more talent coming from the 1-2 star range, but like you have mentioned there are some flaws with them. Youll find that some are overall are just better but again you can always find flaws.

It took me a while to adjust to the new system as in the old version I just went after all 3 star guys and built from there. With FBCB2 I failed at that right from the get go, and my repeated attempts also continued to fail. It wasnt until that I started to go after the 2 star guys that I had success building up small programs.

Its tough to really answer all your questions with a straight answer because alot of it has to do with the strategy you employ. Do yo spend money on your scouting coach, or bump your head coaches ratings up in the scouting department or do you skimp on your coaches for recruiting money. Obviously the scouting ratings play a factor here on how you see the recruits (5 stars all the way down to the 1 stars).

When playing at a higher prestige school (unless you strike out big time on alll of your other targets) you really shouldnt have a need to dip down into the 1 star recruiting scene, but there will be 2 star kids that could play key roles as back ups when they get older. I wouldnt recommend recruiting all 2 star kids on a big time program, but 2-3 sprinked in here and there isnt the end of the world like it used to be in FBCB, if the guy first into your system.

If you want a perfect example of this please check out the link below (I did a recruiting turorial) as it shows a Prime example of what you are talking about. I recruited a 2 star kid to Pacific and by the time he graduated he was a 3 time conference player of the year and got drafted something like 6th overall...... which isnt bad for a lowly 2 star recruit.

Fast Break Basketball Forum • View topic - The Rise or Fall of Charlie Shocker ( Part 2 of tutorial)

Last edited by muns : 02-19-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:39 AM   #1141
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

You can find surprises amongst even the one-stars sometimes. In our FOFC-FBCB league, a one-star ranked #931 has and is currently my team's leading scorer averaging over 16 pts/game for his career. Of course he's not any good anywhere else, but he's been a godsend for my low-prestige Colgate team.

Player Data
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:54 AM   #1142
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Wow....great and detailed responses guys and thanks for all the examples. Seems like this game really does have it all.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:48 AM   #1143
britrock88
Pro Starter

HeavyReign,
I've spent some time customizing Balldog's D2 mod, and a few issues arise when trying to import the quirks of D2 basketball. For instance, there are conferences that play 22 and 24 conference games. There is also a 15-team single elimination tournament. The game has rejected these (based on what I can tell) by crashing after the last day of conference tournaments; furthermore, the game gives me an RTE 383 "Read-only" whenever I try to edit the conferences with more than 20 conference games scheduled.

I went back in-game and found that the affected conferences did only play 20 games, and that the 15-team tournament didn't take place. So I think I've learned how to fix these problems, but maybe they are possibilities in conference organizing that could be supported.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:08 AM   #1144
britrock88
Pro Starter

And I just thought of another customization tweak -- more variety in possible sizes of postseason tournaments. The NCAAs did grow from 8 to 16 to 24 to 32 to 48 to 64 to 65 to 68, after all... :-)
Old 02-19-2011, 11:24 AM   #1145
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
And I just thought of another customization tweak -- more variety in possible sizes of postseason tournaments. The NCAAs did grow from 8 to 16 to 24 to 32 to 48 to 64 to 65 to 68, after all... :-)

No dout there is a lot of tweaks still out there that a lot of people want. Theres gotta be some room for growth for a FBCB 3 right

Last edited by muns : 02-19-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:04 PM   #1146
henry296
College Starter

I've got a question about PG. Would you rather a greater passer with avergae handling or great handling and averaging passing?
Old 02-19-2011, 01:28 PM   #1147
whomario
Pro Starter

kind of depends on the rest of the team. If i have a great scorer at the 2/3 or a great postscorer that i choose as a go-to-player iīll take the one with average passing that simply makes sure we donīt give the ball away cheaply before the scorers go to work, if i have more a team of shooters (rather than scorers) iīll take my chances with lesser ball handling in hopes that he produces more open looks for my team.
In general for lower level teams a a creative passer is really important because you just wonīt have many guys that can create shots for themselves.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:55 PM   #1148
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I know this is a dumb question and I know I can find the answer somewhere, but what directory do i unzip the patch to and what version number should show up?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:59 PM   #1149
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I know this is a dumb question and I know I can find the answer somewhere, but what directory do i unzip the patch to and what version number should show up?

The latest I believe is 2.1.17. Where you unzip the patch depends on where you installed the game. The patcher defaults to C:\Program Files\GDS\Fast Break College Basketball 2010 for an install directory. On my Win7 machine though its actually installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\GDS\Fast Break College Basketball 2010 and I have to change the default directory each patch. The main program executable is FBCB2010.exe, so do a search for that if you're having trouble finding it.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:07 PM   #1150
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I know on my system my actual game directory is in my C:\Program Files (x86)\GDS\Fast Break College Basketball 2010 path; but when I unzip the patches, they go to my C:\Program Files\GDS\Fast Break College Basketball 2010 path, so what I do is just copy that .exe over to my x86 GDS directory.

Oh, and the latest patch that I'm aware of is 2.1.17.

Last edited by dawgfan : 02-19-2011 at 02:08 PM.