Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-19-2011, 02:46 PM   #1151
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

ok, I think that is my problem. I saw the default and it seemed like the correct place. Thanks guys.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:37 PM   #1152
bryce
High School Varsity

I feel a bit dumb asking this, but I finally got around to fast simming to start a career to get to the job offers available after one year, but there were none again. Is this possible? Or am I doing something wrong?

I fast simmed one year, then checked under the "Human Coaches" link...

Thanks in advance...
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:46 PM   #1153
whomario
Pro Starter

I think that after fast simming to start (i.e. for your first job) you have to go to human coaches and just pick any position you want to take. You donīt actually get emailed with job offers.

Or arenīt there any school jobs marked as "vacant" in the table and thatīs what irritating you ?

edit : Have you created a coach on start up ?

Last edited by whomario : 02-19-2011 at 05:47 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #1154
Izulde
Head Coach

Also, do you already have a job when you fast sim? If so, your chances of getting job offers after one year are pretty slim, unless you do something spectacular.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:54 PM   #1155
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
I feel a bit dumb asking this, but I finally got around to fast simming to start a career to get to the job offers available after one year, but there were none again. Is this possible? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance...

Curious, how long does it usually take to fast sim one season? I think it might be interesting to do a ton of years to build up records and such, but wondering how long it would take.
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:39 PM   #1156
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Has any thought ever been giving to allowing the user the option to accept a conference promotion?
Old 02-19-2011, 07:43 PM   #1157
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle1 View Post
Curious, how long does it usually take to fast sim one season? I think it might be interesting to do a ton of years to build up records and such, but wondering how long it would take.

I do it all of the time in this game. It doesn't take especially long to sim 50+ years. A few hours depending on the speed of your machine.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:52 PM   #1158
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
I do it all of the time in this game. It doesn't take especially long to sim 50+ years. A few hours depending on the speed of your machine.

That sounds reasonable. However, let's say you do 50 years worth, when you finally start playing yourself, is the game sluggish at all with that much history? Or is it pretty fast regardless of how much data is out there?
Old 02-19-2011, 07:56 PM   #1159
whomario
Pro Starter

no problem to breeze through seasons even late into a career, couldnīt tell if thereīs any slowdown really. I mean, itīs not like the game accumulates crazy amounts of data, it saves the records etc but itīs not like it stores player files or anything.

Last edited by whomario : 02-19-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:19 PM   #1160
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
That sounds reasonable. However, let's say you do 50 years worth, when you finally start playing yourself, is the game sluggish at all with that much history? Or is it pretty fast regardless of how much data is out there?

Nope. This isn't Football Manager. No slowdown at all.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #1161
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

Thanks in advance...

No dumb questions here.... So you create your coach and dont have him coaching....

Fast sim a year...

exit fast sim.....

On the left hand side it says human coaches, click it.

Now at the bottom of the page it says job offers, click the circle and it should toggle you to where a team has offered you a job. You can accept it there, but if you dont want it you need to hit the head coach button right above the job you didnt want. That will move you on to the next stage/ rounds of offers.

You really only get 2-3 job offers so my advice if you are doing that for the first time is to save the game before you hit conference movement.

Last edited by muns : 02-19-2011 at 08:55 PM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:36 PM   #1162
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

my bad didnt continue reading the thread after I posted and just saw DC answer your question

Last edited by muns : 02-19-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:44 PM   #1163
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
my bad didnt continue reading the thread after I posted and just saw DC answer your question

No problem, the more perspectives, the better
Old 02-20-2011, 09:08 AM   #1164
bryce
High School Varsity

Quote:
No dumb questions here.... So you create your coach and dont have him coaching....

Fast sim a year...

exit fast sim.....

On the left hand side it says human coaches, click it.

Now at the bottom of the page it says job offers, click the circle and it should toggle you to where a team has offered you a job. You can accept it there, but if you dont want it you need to hit the head coach button right above the job you didnt want. That will move you on to the next stage/ rounds of offers.

You really only get 2-3 job offers so my advice if you are doing that for the first time is to save the game before you hit conference movement.

Yea, that's exactly what I did, but there weren't any job offers under that toggle. I guess that's possible, though? I guess I'll just keep fast simming for a year at a time until I see a job offer? Or I could break down and just pick a school to start with, I realize.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for taking the time to offer up insight.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:28 AM   #1165
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yea, that's exactly what I did, but there weren't any job offers under that toggle. I guess that's possible, though? I guess I'll just keep fast simming for a year at a time until I see a job offer? Or I could break down and just pick a school to start with, I realize.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for taking the time to offer up insight.

What level is your coach at??? Thats really weird, Ive never seen anything like that even when my coach level is at 0... Fast sim again it again another year and let me know if it happens again.

Last edited by muns : 02-20-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:06 AM   #1166
bryce
High School Varsity

Quote:
What level is your coach at??? Thats really weird, Ive never seen anything like that even when my coach level is at 0... Fast sim again it again another year and let me know if it happens again.

Yea, it happened again. Still no offers after two fast sim years. Coach level is at 7. I guess people don't usually play this way, instead just choosing a team from the get-go?
Old 02-20-2011, 11:27 AM   #1167
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Perhaps pointing out the obvious, but are you simming the conference movement round, then checking the job offers during the head coach round?

I did a quick test and I only got an offer from Quinnipiac so that's not a ton better than getting no offers at all.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:30 AM   #1168
bryce
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
Perhaps pointing out the obvious, but are you simming the conference movement round, then checking the job offers during the head coach round?

I did a quick test and I only got an offer from Quinnipiac so that's not a ton better than getting no offers at all.

During setup, I had conference movement off, so I don't think I have that step. Or, at least I don't see that step anywhere...
Old 02-20-2011, 11:31 AM   #1169
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

I have it off as well, but after fast simming a season you still need to sim past it to get to the head coach round.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:33 AM   #1170
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Old 02-20-2011, 12:37 PM   #1171
Thomkal
Head Coach

Bryce,

Just wondering what school you chose to fast sim with? I have no idea if this has anything to do with what's going on here, but you might try picking an elite team like Duke to fast sim with and then see what happens.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:09 PM   #1172
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

From what I gather, he's starting unemployed.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #1173
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Is the 2.1.17 patch an all inclusive patch from the version that is offically posted on the GDS site? Meaning, if I download the version from GDS and then install this patch, am I all good or do I have to install any incremental versions in between?

Not having these download files in one central spot on the GDS site continues to confuse me
Old 02-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #1174
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

You've got it right. The full download will get you to 2.1.0. The 2.1.17 patch will cover the rest of the updates. I'll get version 2.2.0 posted on all the full downloads once it is ready. I'm hoping to add the option for adding/deleting conferences and a few other things first. When it all happens just depends on time.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:25 PM   #1175
bryce
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
From what I gather, he's starting unemployed.

You are correct. You are also correct about the conference movement being the trigger. I wasn't aware of that sim requirement. I clicked on that and then got offers. Thanks!
Old 02-20-2011, 06:34 PM   #1176
rowech
Pro Starter

Ugh! I finally thought I had a final four team. Dayton goes:

2010 -- 14-18
2011 -- 18-14
2012 -- 23-9, out in first round
2013 -- 27-10, lost in elite 8 but five starters are all back...
2014 -- 27-7, 14-2 in conference, run the conference tournament, lose in 2nd round to a 10 seed by a point. That 10 seed goes onto the final four. Lost my starting SF who was freshman of the year in 2013 during the game.

Last edited by rowech : 02-20-2011 at 06:34 PM.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:38 PM   #1177
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Is there any mods out there to the team, conference, and tourney files that only corrected the various names? I saw one, but looked like prestige might have been updated as well.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #1178
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Is there any mods out there to the team, conference, and tourney files that only corrected the various names? I saw one, but looked like prestige might have been updated as well.

Grey Dog Software - View Single Post - 2010-2011 Tournaments, Teams and Conference Changes
Old 02-20-2011, 08:00 PM   #1179
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Thanks DC, but after reading that thread, seems like a bunch of things were edited. I was just looking for files with the names of conferences, teams, and tourneys corrected, without any changes to conferences, prestige, etc. I am ok with those not being updated, especially since those could change every year anyway.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:20 AM   #1180
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

This game really does seem deep and have a lot of options. Fun and quick to play thru a season. Surprisingly, I still haven't moved from the demo but I am going to pick it up soon As I have been playing, I came up with a bunch of questions and recommendations for improvement. It is possible some of this already exists and I just haven't uncovered it yet.

1) Why is the watch list buried under the coach's screen? Shouldn't there just be a main menu item on the left hand side to make it easy to retrieve?

2) Why on the school's snapshot screen, isn't there an option to see total round 2 picks as well?

3) In the coach's record report in History, it allows you to see how many championships for the two primary tournaments. Shouldn't the other two also be available for viewing? These should be displayed where ever tournament detail is shown.

4) Why don't coaches have salaries? It should count against your budget. Should also be ways for your coach to get increases as you do a good job for the team to entice you to stay.

5) Recruitment feedback. Like others have mentioned, would like more feedback. What is the kid looking for? Close to home? Also like to receive feedback during the negoitation so you can address your strategy. I am sure it is common where the player says they need x and y to come to the school.

6) Report that shows your school's record against other schools thru history.

7) Report that shows your coaching record against other schools thru history.

8) Ability to track for your coach how many players where drafted while playing for you and separate bucket's for 1st and 2nd round. Show within reports and on coach screen.

9) I love the hot seat screen, but would like a section to show my schedule. The coaching options section where you change what the CPU does is really not necessary for this screen since you don't change that much. Would rather see the schedule in its place.

10) Since I sim a lot, I would like a feature that stops the simming when an email is received. To take it a step further, would like to stop the sim based on email type.

11) Is there much variation in the AD's evaluation of your progress? So far, I have always seen them "satisfied" regardless of whether I meet my goals or not.

12) Would love to see a history of injuries on the report, versus just point-in-time injuries. This would help figure out how many injuries occur in total throughout the year.

13) I am not sure if this already happens, but if not, would like it. Should track the career injuries of the player to see if injury-prone on the player's profile.

14) When a player is considering going pro, would be nice to be ale to have some influence on that decision thru some interaction.

15) This one is probably tough, but would be nice to have different ERAs represented such as the league rules have changed over time. It would be interesting to see what it was like to coach in history.

16) One slight variation of the "fire coach" option I would like to see is allowing the computer to propose firing me, but giving me the option to accept it or decline. I know this is not real life situation, but this would allow me to see under what conditions I would get fired, but at the same time allow me to salvage my career if I would like. Again, not for everyone so it would be an option.

Last edited by SlyBelle1 : 02-21-2011 at 08:31 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:13 AM   #1181
whomario
Pro Starter

6) That one is allready in. Teamhistory(left side, 6th from the top) ---> oponent records

2/8) Yeah, iīd love for 2nd rounders to be shown

11) Mine is delighted with me as of now

14) Yeah, thatīs a big one for me as well. Would love that.

some on my own :

1) Iīd like to have +- in the boxscore. The stat is kept, so why not show it in box scores ?

2) How about record books for the conferences as well as for the tournaments ? (NCAA, NIT etc)

3) Is there any way to add all-defensive teams ? Or maybe conference 3rd or freshmen 2nd teams ?

Last edited by whomario : 02-21-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:40 AM   #1182
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
6) That one is allready in. Teamhistory(left side, 6th from the top) ---> oponent records

Thanks...found it now. Now we just need at the coach level since your coach can move from team to team
Old 02-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #1183
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

I've found what I think is a potential cheat/exploit in the single-player game:

When I'm recruiting and I'm in competition with another school, I often like to check the recruiting ratings of that coaching staff. If I have open a window on that particular recruit, and then I go to the "Coach" menu and navigate to another coach, when I close that window I then appear to see that recruit through the view of that other coaching staff. I think this is the case because often their potential color bars are different then how there are displayed for me. In addition, by accident last night I discovered that I can do recruiting actions on that player for that other coaching staff if I'm still looking at that player through their eyes.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:10 PM   #1184
britrock88
Pro Starter

I just thought of a crazy pipe-dream: a report page that allows you to create your own statistics in an Excel-like manner, making mathematical formulae with the use of raw statistical categories.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:12 PM   #1185
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
I've found what I think is a potential cheat/exploit in the single-player game:

When I'm recruiting and I'm in competition with another school, I often like to check the recruiting ratings of that coaching staff. If I have open a window on that particular recruit, and then I go to the "Coach" menu and navigate to another coach, when I close that window I then appear to see that recruit through the view of that other coaching staff. I think this is the case because often their potential color bars are different then how there are displayed for me. In addition, by accident last night I discovered that I can do recruiting actions on that player for that other coaching staff if I'm still looking at that player through their eyes.

Nice catch. I can now verify this claim for you.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:45 PM   #1186
rowech
Pro Starter

I think prestige increases need a look. I've won 20 games six years in a row with Dayton, four of those seasons seeing post-season play, three in the NCAA, and I'm still at a 73 prestige. If you don't make the tournament, it seems you lose 3-5 in prestige but making the tournament might gain you 1-2. Rattling off consecutive seasons in the tournament, good record, etc. seems like it would accelerate the increase in prestige.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:45 PM   #1187
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

When you have the CPU set depth charts, gameplan, and training, how do you know they actually do it? For example, I had all these options turned on. I went into the depth chart, gameplan, etc. screen and hit the recommend button. All the settings changed. It gave me the impression that my coaches weren't really making the changes. Unless the recommend button does something different than having the coaches do your work. Or maybe the coaches actually make the changes before the game, but the settings are not updated on the screen. Any info?
Old 02-21-2011, 06:51 PM   #1188
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Another recommendation to add to the list, when viewing the game planning screen, it would be nice to default the roster list to be the same as your depth chart. That way you can tell who your starters are and who should get the ball more.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #1189
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Also, how often does the hot seat rating get updated? I just started the month of March and my team is 4-13 in conference games. My AD goal was to finish .500 within conference games. How at this point in the season can my AD be satisified? There is no way I am going to make the goal and in fact I am averaging losing by 20 points per game. My rating should be horrible.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:07 PM   #1190
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

hot seat rating changes each year I think.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:10 PM   #1191
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
I think prestige increases need a look. I've won 20 games six years in a row with Dayton, four of those seasons seeing post-season play, three in the NCAA, and I'm still at a 73 prestige. If you don't make the tournament, it seems you lose 3-5 in prestige but making the tournament might gain you 1-2. Rattling off consecutive seasons in the tournament, good record, etc. seems like it would accelerate the increase in prestige.

Prestige is based on a 10 year scale of performance. Any gains for the current season were likely lost by removing a previously good season from consideration.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:11 PM   #1192
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Also, how often does the hot seat rating get updated? I just started the month of March and my team is 4-13 in conference games. My AD goal was to finish .500 within conference games. How at this point in the season can my AD be satisified? There is no way I am going to make the goal and in fact I am averaging losing by 20 points per game. My rating should be horrible.

It wont change until you roll the season over
Old 02-21-2011, 07:12 PM   #1193
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
hot seat rating changes each year I think.

Thanks for the info.

That is kind of a bummer if true. I would think it should change during the year to represent current state. Plus, why have a screen dedicated for the hot seat if there are no expected changes throughout the year. That space could be used for better things like the schedule then.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #1194
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I like the prestige growth better in this version, if I perceive correctly that the formula has changed. In verison 1, it was way too easy grow prestige from 20 to 80 in a dozen years or so.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:59 PM   #1195
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
I like the prestige growth better in this version, if I perceive correctly that the formula has changed. In verison 1, it was way too easy grow prestige from 20 to 80 in a dozen years or so.

Here are my records for a 13 year period...

18-14, no postseason
23-9, out 1st round
27-10, out 4th round
27-7, out 2nd round
19-14, no postseason
23-12, out 2nd round
30-5, out sweet 16
23-10, out 2nd round
20-10, no postseason
22-12, out NIT 2nd round
20-12, no postseason
23-12, out sweet 16
14-16, no post season

After the 14-16 season I dropped 3 points. After the 30-5 season I went up 1, the 4th round season up 1, and the sweet 16 seasons up 1. Just seems that the penalty is way too harsh.

This school started as an 81 I think and is now at a 71 after this time period. Seven of 13 tournaments, with three sweet 16s.

I wouldn't expect this to be going up every time but I'm not seeing being 10 points down after all of these 20 win seasons.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:06 PM   #1196
Izulde
Head Coach

But you also have several no postseasons in there.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:10 PM   #1197
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Yea, the way I remember it works is if you don't make a post season you don't get nearly much of a boost, and missing on the post season brings a great season down.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:26 PM   #1198
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
Yea, the way I remember it works is if you don't make a post season you don't get nearly much of a boost, and missing on the post season brings a great season down.

I get that I guess. I knew I was in line for a great season next so I just simmed it. 28-7, conference title, conference tournament title, 2nd round tournament...picked up 1 point.

The next season should be my best ever. I'll be curious to see what happens with it.

On more of a gameplay note, I have somehow made it so I'm recruiting 7 players every four years. Should I just suck it up and recruit say 5 guys to balance it out more? Essentially, tanking a class a bit?
Old 02-21-2011, 09:05 PM   #1199
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
On more of a gameplay note, I have somehow made it so I'm recruiting 7 players every four years. Should I just suck it up and recruit say 5 guys to balance it out more? Essentially, tanking a class a bit?

This is (generally) the one and only reason I ever recruit JuCos, to balance out big classes like this.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:13 PM   #1200
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I wouldn't expect this to be going up every time but I'm not seeing being 10 points down after all of these 20 win seasons.

are you fattening up against low prestige schools for all those 20 win seasons?