Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-23-2011, 08:01 PM   #1251
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Two update points:

As St. Peter's I started out with Prs and facilities at 29. After three seasons of 15-16, 21-12 and first round loss in the 3BIT and 28-6 and a first round win in the NCAAs, I'm up to 39 in prestige. However, my training facilities are down to 22. The AD has said there is to be an upgrade, and I assume it will come in time for training camp.

We'll see.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:30 PM   #1252
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Some interesting results/questions/feature requests.

1) I fast-simmed 10 years. Duke won 4 straight titles and and a total of 5 within the 10 years. Stunning streak.

2) On the coach's record screen in history, why is a year field listed? Aren't these totals for the coach over all the years?

3) On the coach's record screen in history, there were coaches listed I could not select to see their history. Not sure if they were fired or something, but shouldn't you always be able to see their history regardless if they get fired or retired? I believe most were retired since I saw them on coach's move report. Just not sure why you can't see retired coach's data. Other coaches on the screen were clickable.

4) On the tourney champ report in history, it shows all the final games with the scores. But why doesn't it show the opponent? There is plenty of space on the report and if your showing the score, that would only be meaningful if you knew who you played. I know you can click on the score to bring up the boxscore to see it, but seems strange the opponent can't be listed saving a mouse click.

Last edited by SlyBelle1 : 02-23-2011 at 08:36 PM.
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:38 PM   #1253
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

On the coach's movement report, what transactions are actually shown? Over ten years of fast simming, I only saw about 5-6 transactions showing and they were all retired coaches. Should this report also show coaches that were fired or moved to other jobs? If not, where can I see that info? Unless this report does show that but no coach was fired or changed jobs over 10 years which doesn't seem realistic.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:40 PM   #1254
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

if i recall, i've only seen coach movement on that screen during the actually head coach round of that offseason.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:45 PM   #1255
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
if i recall, i've only seen coach movement on that screen during the actually head coach round of that offseason.

But if I fast simmed, there really isn't a head coach round that I can see or control. I am wondering if coaches can't be fired or change jobs during fast simming. If that is the case, that would be a little disappointing. I was hoping to do a large amount of years to create a ton of history, but not having movement would really skew the results.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:46 PM   #1256
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Looks like you can't also see player detail/history once they are no longer in the league just like the retired coaches. That is disappointing since when I see all these players and coaches on the history reports and see all the great things they did, I naturally want to click on them to see the details about them. For example, what did each of there seasons look like, where did they come from, etc. From a retired coach perspective, always kind of interesting to know what age they retired, but their details hidden too.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:51 PM   #1257
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle1 View Post
Some interesting results/questions/feature requests.

1) I fast-simmed 10 years. Duke won 4 straight titles and and a total of 5 within the 10 years. Stunning streak.

2) On the coach's record screen in history, why is a year field listed? Aren't these totals for the coach over all the years?

3) On the coach's record screen in history, there were coaches listed I could not select to see their history. Not sure if they were fired or something, but shouldn't you always be able to see their history regardless if they get fired or retired? I believe most were retired since I saw them on coach's move report. Just not sure why you can't see retired coach's data. Other coaches on the screen were clickable.

4) On the tourney champ report in history, it shows all the final games with the scores. But why doesn't it show the opponent? There is plenty of space on the report and if your showing the score, that would only be meaningful if you knew who you played. I know you can click on the score to bring up the boxscore to see it, but seems strange the opponent can't be listed saving a mouse click.

1. In my current 80 year league, Ive had 3 teams win back to back titles total and none more than that. Duke winning 4 straight and 5 is pretty impressive.

2. So you line up and easily compare coaches with a first glance. That year is the last year they coached.

3. Good question, anyone else having that problem as I cant duplicate it.

4. Fair point, as you can see the National Semi finals from the drop down menu.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:55 PM   #1258
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
On the coach's movement report, what transactions are actually shown? Over ten years of fast simming, I only saw about 5-6 transactions showing and they were all retired coaches. Should this report also show coaches that were fired or moved to other jobs? If not, where can I see that info? Unless this report does show that but no coach was fired or changed jobs over 10 years which doesn't seem realistic.

It shows all 3, hired, fired, and retired transactions.

Im assuming you are looking under history, and then coach moves??
Old 02-23-2011, 08:57 PM   #1259
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Does the game allow you to customize the number of games in your schedule to support simming older seasons? Looking at the College Basketball Sports-Reference site, seems clear that many teams played slightly more abbreviated schedules in the '20's and '30's.

At the moment its locked in although that is something that could be changed potentially.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:59 PM   #1260
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
It shows all 3, hired, fired, and retired transactions.

Im assuming you are looking under history, and then coach moves??

Correct....that is where I am looking. No more then those transactions I listed.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:01 PM   #1261
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Looks like you can't also see player detail/history once they are no longer in the league just like the retired coaches. That is disappointing since when I see all these players and coaches on the history reports and see all the great things they did, I naturally want to click on them to see the details about them. For example, what did each of there seasons look like, where did they come from, etc. From a retired coach perspective, always kind of interesting to know what age they retired, but their details hidden too.

Do you have your retired coach data turned on and under team record size do you have it set to 50?

That is under Tools (top menu of the game) then league options.

If the gave saved all of this data (because players change every 4 years) it would eat up a lot of memory and slow stuff down.... Trying to find that balancing act is pretty tough job to do.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #1262
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Do you have your retired coach data turned on and under team record size do you have it set to 50?

That is under Tools (top menu of the game) then league options.

If the gave saved all of this data (because players change every 4 years) it would eat up a lot of memory and slow stuff down.... Trying to find that balancing act is pretty tough job to do.

Good catch...never noticed the retired coach option I understand the issue about memory and such, but would love an option for the players as well. That way each of us could decide between performance and detail.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:05 PM   #1263
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
But if I fast simmed, there really isn't a head coach round that I can see or control. I am wondering if coaches can't be fired or change jobs during fast simming. If that is the case, that would be a little disappointing. I was hoping to do a large amount of years to create a ton of history, but not having movement would really skew the results.

You may have just started with a ton of young coaches??? I dont know. I know I have a lot of guys moving around in my careers and im currently fast simming (up to year 80 at the moment). Keep going im sure it will change for you.

There has actually been requests to turn down the coaching churn as some people think that the coaches move around too much.... Again just going back to the balancing act thats tough to do

Last edited by muns : 02-23-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:09 PM   #1264
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Good catch...never noticed the retired coach option I understand the issue about memory and such, but would love an option for the players as well. That way each of us could decide between performance and detail.

Im sure Brian will add that to the list he keeps. Thanks for all the comments btw
Old 02-23-2011, 09:09 PM   #1265
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
You may have just started with a ton of young coaches??? I dont know. I know I have a lot of guys moving around in my careers and im currently fast simming up to year 80. Keep going im sure it will change for you.

There has actually been requests to turn down the coaching churn as some people think that the coaches move around too much.... Again just going back to the balancing act thats tough to do

Agreed I wouldn't want it over done. However, although I am no expert in college basketball history, I have to assume that at least one coach has been fired, hired, or changed jobs in a given year. Therefore, in my opinion, there should never be a year without at least some of these transactions, let alone none over 10 years. I will certainly try again to see if anything changes, maybe just a fluke.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:11 PM   #1266
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Im sure Brian will add that to the list he keeps. Thanks for all the comments btw

No problem. Regardless of all these questions/issues I am raising, I am really liking the game. I bring them up to try and make it even better I am hoping that Brian may consider some of my suggestions for future patches.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:12 PM   #1267
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Agreed I wouldn't want it over done. However, although I am no expert in college basketball history, I have to assume that at least one coach has been fired, hired, or changed jobs in a given year. Therefore, in my opinion, there should never be a year without at least some of these transactions, let alone none over 10 years. I will certainly try again to see if anything changes, maybe just a fluke.

Actually I think I misunderstood your question....

That screen where you are looking is just for the last season. It not all the moves for the past 10 years....
Old 02-23-2011, 09:16 PM   #1268
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Actually I think I misunderstood your question....

That screen where you are looking is just for the last season. It not all the moves for the past 10 years....

Really? Seems odd to be listed in the history reports. Either way, still think there should always be at least one hire, fire, or movement in a give year. If this is true, I would submit my next level of feature request

1) Ability to view movement by year just like every other history report

2) If you can only see last year's retired coaches, then what good does it have to have that option to see the retired coaches? What screen would allow you to see coaches from 10 years ago?

Thanks.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:28 PM   #1269
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Really? Seems odd to be listed in the history reports. Either way, still think there should always be at least one hire, fire, or movement in a give year. If this is true, I would submit my next level of feature request

1) Ability to view movement by year just like every other history report

2) If you can only see last year's retired coaches, then what good does it have to have that option to see the retired coaches? What screen would allow you to see coaches from 10 years ago?

Thanks.

Lets start over

1. When you are looking through coach movement, you can only see on that screen last years coaching changes (you said you fast simmed and were dissapointed you couldnt see the data.... you wont see all 10 years of movement, just the last years worth of coaching moves. Its also very odd that there wasnt 5 guys that were hired if 5 retired. That actually should have created at least 15 coaching changes, as assistants would have been moving around at that point as well.

2. When you look at the coaching records, you will be able to see the top 50 coaches in your career, those will be saved for you if you changed the settings that I talked about earlier

Last edited by muns : 02-23-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:33 PM   #1270
muns
Pro Starter

The only other thing that I can think of is that you stopped your fast sim and started looking at stuff, before the coaches were hired. IE you stopped it right as guys retired.....
Old 02-23-2011, 09:37 PM   #1271
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Lets start over

1. When you are looking through coach movement, you can only see on that screen last years coaching changes (you said you fast simmed and were dissapointed you couldnt see the data.... you wont see all 10 years of movement, just the last years worth of coaching moves. Its also very odd that there wasnt 5 guys that were hired if 5 retired. That actually should have created at least 15 coaching changes, as assistants would have been moving around at that point as well.

2. When you look at the coaching records, you will be able to see the top 50 coaches in your career, those will be saved for you if you changed the settings that I talked about earlier

Bingo...your comments on #1 made me think. When I ended my last season, I did not go through the head coach round before looking at that report. After I did that, I saw plenty of movements. What confused me originally was thinking this represented all 10 years. Problem solved.

However, I would still love to see a year-by-year report on coach movements someday.

On item #2, your right I could look on the coach record screen, but as you mentioned only shows the top 50...what if I was looking for the 55th coach
Old 02-23-2011, 09:44 PM   #1272
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

another suggestion.

On the coach's records report in history, I would really like to see a column added for the coach's disposition. It would either show their current team or the fact they are retired or they are currently unemployed. Its nice to have a clear understanding of their current position and requires less mouse clicks to see that detail.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:06 AM   #1273
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:

Good point. In the original FBCB some of the data wasn't saved but now it is. There is no reason to not display the data.

Sly would've made a great beta team member based on the amount of feedback in the thread.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:18 AM   #1274
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
Good point. In the original FBCB some of the data wasn't saved but now it is. There is no reason to not display the data.

Sly would've made a great beta team member based on the amount of feedback in the thread.

I sure hope you are being compensated decently for this great game. You have been great in this thread and I certainly hope sales have been better than they would appear when looking at the GDS forum about this game. This is a game we will be playing in 10 years wondering why other sims cant match the greatness of this game
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:06 AM   #1275
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post

HR,

Thanks for the consideration about making some of the changes in the future. I am keeping my fingers crossed that a number of my suggestions in this thread will be considered for future patches of the game as I think they would further enhance an already great game.

I do have to echo what other people are saying. For some reason, this game has really hooked me and I am not even a basketball fan. I think you found the right balance of complexity and fun, without over doing it so the game actually feels like a "game" versus a ton of work. I hope if you ever decide to add more depth or complexity that you put in "switches" to allow each inidividual to turn them on and off since I would hate to see this one bog down with too much of that included in the base game. Although I also like OOTP, I find myself spending more time trying to figure it out, tweaking it, waiting for patches to correct issues, that typically I never make it through an actual season. In this game, I probably got more mileage out of the demo (now the offical game) then the full game of OOTP and other ones. Great job!

If you are ever need a hand in testing new features, bouncing new ideas, or ever need testers for your next version, feel free to call on me

Last edited by SlyBelle1 : 02-24-2011 at 05:07 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:26 PM   #1276
britrock88
Pro Starter

A couple observations from a test run of the 1938 season:

1. The 6-team conferences get defaulted into not playing any conference games. More interesting is that some of the teams in the conference played each other at random (Iowa State played Kansas, Kansas State, and Nebraska once each), but those games did not count in the standings. Allowing informally scheduled intra-conference games would ameliorate the issue to not supporting small conferences, but perhaps it is simpler to just add support for smaller conferences.

2. Having a ton of Indys (around 45 of them) causes some trouble on the display pages for those conferences. Different screens cut off at 24 and 16 teams (standings and bubble watch screens, respectively, IIRC) listed, with no scroller to see the remaining teams.

3. I used Izulde's "zeroed-out" prestige to start. The polls were wacky; at the end of the regular season, they accurately ranked the top 3 teams, then ranked in positions 4-25 the teams with losing records in alphabetical order. That may also be a consequence of the gigantic independents conference overloading a game mechanism. I'll try splitting the Indys up into 2 or 3 different Indy conferences to see if that addresses some of the above issues.

4. None of the conferences in this set-up had conference tourneys; after the NCAA selection show, I accidentally clicked the conference tourneys button from the hot seat and got an RTE 383 (reasonably enough, since there's no data to show). However, during the season, I tried clicking that button and got the more appropriate reaction of nothing.

BTW, having all the teams at 0 prestige affects the quality of gameplay; I didn't scour the statistics, but team scoring averages ranged the 50s.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:50 PM   #1277
rtruesdell
n00b

Hey everybody,

I just discovered the updated game and this thread very recently. I helped beta test Gary's DDS game and have played it for several years. I'm really excited to get into this one... already bought the new version!

A quick question for you guys (and I've looked and looked, and haven't found this anywhere...), how should I set my team's offense when playing against a zone? To be more specific, in general basketball terms I prefer a very structured offense vs a zone, not much creating or freelancing. From reading the posts on the game, the "high Motion" setting would seem to generate this (and perhaps also setting a slower pace). But of course, you don't really run "Motion" against a zone... so the terminology makes me wonder if that's correct, or maybe I'm missing something.

Any suggestions or insights are very welcome. Again, looking forward to losing a lot of sleep playing this!
rtruesdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #1278
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtruesdell View Post

Any suggestions or insights are very welcome. Again, looking forward to losing a lot of sleep playing this!

In game terms motion means you will work the ball to get better shots but turnover the ball more with less individual play. So the way you like to coach against a zone like you had mentioned you would want a slow pace and high motion setting.

Just a heads up. If you have a team with low ball handling skills this high motion setting can be bad

Last edited by jbergey22 : 02-24-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #1279
rtruesdell
n00b

Thanks jbergey! And the caution is duly noted.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:51 PM   #1280
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Tonight I am running a fast sim from 1939 to 2010 to get history from the first year of the tournament. I know it won't be completly correct because of all the changes that have occurred over the years, but will be interesting to see how things turn out such as the most wins by a coach, most championships by a coach, etc.

So far after about 19 years, Texas has 4 titles with 3 or 4 other teams have 2 titles a piece.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:58 PM   #1281
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Tonight I am running a fast sim from 1939 to 2010 to get history from the first year of the tournament. I know it won't be completly correct because of all the changes that have occurred over the years, but will be interesting to see how things turn out such as the most wins by a coach, most championships by a coach, etc.

So far after about 19 years, Texas has 4 titles with 3 or 4 other teams have 2 titles a piece.

I simmed from 1900 to current day a month or two ago with limited movement and conference prestige change.

It was interesting. North Carolina had the most championships. The Big Ten was a mid major conference and North Dakota had won a national championship.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:09 PM   #1282
henry296
College Starter

Does anyone make changes to their game plan for road vs. home games?
Old 02-25-2011, 03:02 AM   #1283
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

I have to admit, I was skeptical about running a fast sim from 1939-2010 and seeing reasonable results. Boy was I wrong. This game sims to do an exceelent job with statistics and I could not notice anything glaringly wrong. Some interesting points.

- Texas had 7 titles in the 70 years, California had 6 washington 5 and syracuse 4. The rest spread out. 35 different teams won a title. Comparing to the real life list, this seemed like reasonable results.

- Impressive streak. Texas made the dance 69 times out of 70. A few other teams made it 60+. Although I have no stats to back it up comparing to real life. This one stat does seem a little out there. But who knows, maybe this is possible, but maybe too many schools making it too many times.

- had one coach win 1000 games. The rest were spread out. I had roughly 40 coaches who won over 600 games. Comparing to history that is pretty close since I believe the real life number is around 56.

- Texas the only 2000 win school

- Had one player score 72 points in a game. The rest of the high scores was in the 50 range.

Again, very pleased with the outcome of the 70 year sim. Impressive on how close the stats could be. I did not look at every category so maybe there might be something strange out there, but since I am not a basketball guru, really didn't notice.

I do have to put my plug in for another feature to be added. On the coaches history screen report and on the coach's profile, would like to see the total number of seasons they coached added. I know I can go into their history screen and manually count them, but would be nice to just see a total. In addition, I wuldn't mind seeing a field for their start and end years too (i.e. starting in 1940, ended in 1973.

Great job!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:44 AM   #1284
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Another impressive thing. After accumlating stats for 70 years, the actual gameplay speed remains the same as playing only one year. That is impressive that the speed does not degrade with that much history.

The only downside of a league this size, the load and save times are longer, but I guess that should be expected.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:24 PM   #1285
Groundhog
Coordinator

Yup, I simmed from '39 too, and I always find it interesting looking at the history of my opponents before each game. I played Indiana State the other day and during the 70s they were a real power house and up in the 80s for prestige with several final four appearances, then they sucked for a a few decades and are now on the rise again.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:47 PM   #1286
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Yup, I simmed from '39 too, and I always find it interesting looking at the history of my opponents before each game. I played Indiana State the other day and during the 70s they were a real power house and up in the 80s for prestige with several final four appearances, then they sucked for a a few decades and are now on the rise again.

So when you did the long term sim, did you allow conference prestige to change or set any of the other options in any special way? I left pretty much everything on default, except changed injuries and suspensions to 70 to reduce those.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:02 PM   #1287
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
So when you did the long term sim, did you allow conference prestige to change or set any of the other options in any special way? I left pretty much everything on default, except changed injuries and suspensions to 70 to reduce those.

I had no conference movement on, and I didn't turn the 3pt shot on until 1986 I think, or whichever year the 3pt shot came into play.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:05 PM   #1288
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I had no conference movement on, and I didn't turn the 3pt shot on until 1986 I think, or whichever year the 3pt shot came into play.

Good point about the 3pt shot...never thought about timing that with the real life rule change.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:07 PM   #1289
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Found a bug. I have keep retired coaches turned on. When I go the coach records report in history, I can click on retired coaches and their details come up as they should. However, I look at the coach movement report and click on retired coaches there, the detailed screen will not come up. I think it should to be consistent with other screens.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:22 PM   #1290
bigrice25
n00b

Anybody running any online leagues with this game???
im looking to join one.
bigrice25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:04 PM   #1291
rjolley
College Starter

Check out the FOFC FBCB league, run by Radii.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:58 PM   #1292
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrice25 View Post
Anybody running any online leagues with this game???
im looking to join one.

we're most of the way through this season but we take new coaches at any time. There's a stickied signup thread on the general discussion board(http://fbcb-fofc.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2) and the current list of human coached teams are here: Human Coaches. All other teams are available.

Last edited by Radii : 02-25-2011 at 10:58 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:46 AM   #1293
Comey
College Starter

I fast-simmed from 1935-2010.

Mississippi State, Tennessee, and Texas reached the NCAA Tournament 72 times, Florida 71. Twelve schools never made the tournament (Northern Illinois would be considered the biggest school there, maybe Towson or Chicago State), and a handful of schools, including Air Force and Wichita State, only made it once.

Out of the traditional big schools, these are the fewest entries:

2: Washington State
3: Princeton, Colorado State, William & Mary
4: College of Charleston, James Madison, Penn State, Rhode Island
5: Temple
7: St. Joe's (0-7 lifetime), DePaul (5-7 lifetime, Big East prepared them well for when they did make it)
8: Cincinnati

UTEP has the fewest NCAA appearances by a school to have reached a Final Four, with five. Southern Utah (6), San Jose State (8), and South Dakota State (9) are next.

Illinois has the fewest NCAA appearances by a champion, with 11. IUPUI is the most unlikely champion, having won the 2007 NCAA championship.

Louisville has the most championships, with eight, followed by Mississippi State (6), Maryland (5), and UConn (4). Thirty-two teams have won championships, with the only schools that would raise an eyebrow being IUPUI and BYU (though North Carolina's two titles raises an eyebrow, as does Duke's zero titles and only three conference titles and one Final Four appearance).

Maryland, from what I can ascertain, is the only champion not to have qualified for the postseason the next season (1989-90). Oddly enough, they also went from not qualifying for the postseason to winning the championship the following year (1979-80). In that decade (1980-89), they won two championships, reached the Final Four five times, and made eight Sweet Sixteens.

That same decade saw Mississippi State win four titles, including three in a row (1982, 85-87) lose in another championship game, and reach two more Sweet Sixteens. Since then, they have reached the round of eight 11 times in 19 seasons, though their record there isn't good (3-8).

Texas has the most conference championships with 29, followed by IUPUI (25) and Michigan State (24). Texas has also blown away the competition with 56 All-Americans, followed by Florida (42), and Miss State (41). Oklahoma State is tops with 6 #1 picks, amazing considering they only had 11 players picked in the top five.

There has been one 60-point game in history, reached by Avery Laney of the College of Charleston in 1959. There's one 30-rebound game, reached by Alphonso Parmenter of Penn State in 1958, and one 20-assist game, by Gerald Rogers of Tennessee in 1982. And Chris Saechao sure didn't like getting into the record books in 2007 when his 15 turnovers tied a record set by Fletcher Holden of Austin Peay in 1944.

For a career, only Richmond's Joe Ballew has eclipsed 3000 points in a career (3116). This is even more remarkable when it's discovered that in his best season, he scored 831 points. All four of his seasons ranks in the top 25 of Atlantic 10 history of points in a season, but none of his seasons rank among the top 50 of all-time. In fact, only one player, Ronald Bynres of Bradley, has scored 1000 points in a single season, doing that in 1937.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:22 AM   #1294
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
I fast-simmed from 1935-2010.

Mississippi State, Tennessee, and Texas reached the NCAA Tournament 72 times, Florida 71.

This is really the only thing I am noticing so far in long term simming that may concern me and wondering if Brian could and should tweak. A team making it to the dance 70+ times and nearly every year seems like a stretch. I have no official NCAA stats to back that up, but seems like a little too much for the same teams to make it that much Although, what I am guessing plays into it is there hasn't always been 64-68 teams invited to the dance throughout history. Therefore, many more opportunities for a team to make it. Another good feature request for Brian is the ability to change the number of tournament teams allowed in the tournament instead of having only the options of 64, 65, and 68. Probably way too difficult to add with all the conference rules and such.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:30 AM   #1295
nZane
n00b

I just found something very odd, using the latest patch (2.1.18). If you go to edit the default league and use either the next or previous buttons to change teams, the conference of the team you were just on changes; specifically, it moves down the conference list by one. I reinstalled the game and can confirm that this does not happen using the default installer from GDS, so something must have been introduced in a later patch. I can also confirm that in order to fix the issue, you have to select the conference that's one up in the list of the one you want and then click exit.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like anything you do in the editor causes the conference to change. I edited the prestige of Indiana, clicked exit, and the conference changed on me.

Last edited by nZane : 02-26-2011 at 08:35 AM.
nZane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:05 AM   #1296
whomario
Pro Starter

Can i advocate for player game logs again ? Thatīs one i really miss compared to the DDS games
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:09 AM   #1297
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Can i advocate for player game logs again ? Thatīs one i really miss compared to the DDS games

I would support that as long as it maybe was a feature that can be turned on/off as part of setup in case it added a lot more storage requirements or took longer to process game turns. But I do like the idea, would add an additional level of immersion. I would also like to see player events tracked for the player such as all their injuries and academic suspensions.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:53 PM   #1298
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Dumb question. If you turn off 3 point shooting, does the computer ignore that rating on players they are trying to recruit? I still see each player is rated for this so wondering if the CPU recruiter uses that rating to determine a player they want, even if the 3PT shot is not selected. I would think it shouldn't and maybe to some degree that 3pt rating of the player should be hidden if this feature is not turned on. Just a thought.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #1299
rtruesdell
n00b

I have another question. I noticed coaching in-game that individual defense matchups are set, and that there is a "pressure" option... low, normal, high defensive pressure for each player. Can that be manually set prior to simming a game? Or does the AI set those dynamically when you sim, with no pre-game human input allowed?
Old 02-26-2011, 02:41 PM   #1300
rtruesdell
n00b

Another question. I notice you can sim a game with the Team Control set either to "USER" Coach games or "CPU" Coach games. Is there a difference in how the game is simmed?

It seems obvious that the CPU coaches your team in either case, but I was wondering if perhaps in the "USER" mode the Game Plan settings you select are used, vs. perhaps in the CPU mode the CPU-selected settings are used. Or is it the same? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by rtruesdell : 02-26-2011 at 02:43 PM.