Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-26-2011, 02:50 PM   #1301
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtruesdell View Post
Another question. I notice you can sim a game with the Team Control set either to "USER" Coach games or "CPU" Coach games. Is there a difference in how the game is simmed?

It seems obvious that the CPU coaches your team in either case, but I was wondering if perhaps in the "USER" mode the Game Plan settings you select are used, vs. perhaps in the CPU mode the CPU-selected settings are used. Or is it the same? Thanks in advance.

Not sure I understand your question. If the user is coaching the game, then doesn't the user-controlled coach (meaning you) make all the game decisions? If the computer is set, then doesn't the computer make all the decisions while coaching the game? Seems like they would be clearly different things. I am probably not understanding your question correctly.
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #1302
whomario
Pro Starter

i think he means the option on the hot seat. There it merely determines if the game will pause when you try to sim over a game (say you want to sim ahead a month)
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:06 PM   #1303
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
i think he means the option on the hot seat. There it merely determines if the game will pause when you try to sim over a game (say you want to sim ahead a month)

Since he mentioned it was under the "Team Control" options I thought he meant the other ones, but who knows
Old 02-26-2011, 03:53 PM   #1304
rtruesdell
n00b

Yes, it's on the Hot Seat screen, listed under "Team Control" .

If you have it set there to USER coach games, if you "Sim Day" then it takes you to the screen to coach the game. I get that. BUT if you select "Sim Game", it will sim your game, even if you have the option set to human-coach the games.

My question is, if you click to sim game when "user" is set, is it any different than clicking the toggle over to "CPU" and then simming the day? For example, does the sim always follow your "Game Plan" settings regardless of "how" you sim the game? Or are there certain settings where it follows your Game Plan settings, and others where it "does its own thing" and sets them itself?

Here's a reason I'm asking... if I use the recommended settings for my team, the AI wants me to use a pretty high pace, and I think a more moderate pace fits my team better. I've played a couple of games out and simmed a few more. My team's possessions/game numbers when I look at the stats seems higher than what I'd expect for a "normal" pace (over 71 ppg). So I'm wondering if the AI selects its own pace when I sim, and so is actually ignoring my Game Plan settings. I don't know if this is even true... but if it is, I'm looking for a reason why it might, and the only thing I can see is if it perhaps is using an AI-recommended faster setting when I have it set to "CPU coach".

I hope that clarifies my question. Brian may be the only one who can answer it, unless I'm missing a place where it's mentioned somewhere. Thanks again.

Last edited by rtruesdell : 02-26-2011 at 04:09 PM.
rtruesdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:07 PM   #1305
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Yes, it's on the Hot Seat screen, listed under "Team Control" .

If you have it set there to USER coach games, if you "Sim Day" then it takes you to the screen to coach the game. I get that. BUT if you select "Sim Game", it will sim your game, even if you have the option set to human-coach the games.

My question is, if you click to sim game when "user" is set, is it any different than clicking the toggle over to "CPU" and then simming the day? For example, does the sim always follow your "Game Plan" settings regardless of "how" you sim the game? Or are there certain settings where it follows your Game Plan settings, and others where it "does its own thing" and sets them itself?

Here's a reason I'm asking... if I use the recommended settings for my team, the AI wants me to use a pretty high pace, and I think a more moderate pace fits my team better. I've played a couple of games out and simmed a few more. My team's possessions/game numbers when I look at the stats seems higher than what I'd expect for a "normal" pace (over 71 ppg). So I'm wondering if the AI selects its own pace when I sim, and so is actually ignoring my Game Plan settings. I don't know if this is even true... but if it is, I'm looking for a reason why it might, and the only thing I can see is if it perhaps is using an AI-recommended faster setting when I have it set to "CPU coach".

I hope that clarifies my question. Brian may be the only one who can answer it, unless I'm missing a place where it's mentioned somewhere. Thanks again.

Much clearer and your correct, Brian will likely need to explain
Old 02-26-2011, 05:22 PM   #1306
rowech
Pro Starter

What's the lowest school you've been able to get to a title? A final four? How long did it take you?
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:49 PM   #1307
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
What's the lowest school you've been able to get to a title? A final four? How long did it take you?

I personally haven't started my career yet, still filling my way around and simming results. However, your question sparked another feature request for me

On the conference tournament report screens for all the tournaments, would be great if a column would be added for prestige to show. This way we can track throughout history which teams were really long shots that ended up winning it all.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:53 PM   #1308
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post

This is my school's record since I took over in 2003 (both in game years, and real life years!):

Quote:
NORTHWESTERN STATE TEAM PERFORMANCE

Season Team W L CW CL Rank RPI PRS Result
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020 Northwestern State 35 4 14 4 2 1 100 NCAA Champion
2019 Northwestern State 26 8 13 5 23 29 100 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 2
2018 Northwestern State 33 2 16 0 1 2 100 Loss in NCAA Sweet Sixteen
2017 Northwestern State 33 5 13 3 3 3 100 Loss in NCAA Championship Game
2016 Northwestern State 32 7 10 6 1 3 97 NCAA Champion
2015 Northwestern State 34 4 14 2 5 2 89 Loss in NCAA Final Four
2014 Northwestern State 33 4 16 2 9 2 83 Loss in NCAA Championship Game
2013 Northwestern State 33 4 18 0 19 14 77 NCAA Champion
2012 Northwestern State 25 8 14 4 26 24 66 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 2
2011 Northwestern State 23 12 13 5 46 40 61 NIT 4th Place
2010 Northwestern State 19 12 12 4 91 104 57 Loss in NIT Preliminary Round
2009 Northwestern State 30 4 16 0 19 15 54 Loss in NCAA Sweet Sixteen
2008 Northwestern State 28 5 15 1 26 23 48 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 2
2007 Northwestern State 27 5 19 1 35 35 41 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 2
2006 Northwestern State 23 8 17 3 58 59 36 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 1
2005 Northwestern State 21 10 14 6 65 66 30 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 1
2004 Northwestern State 20 11 16 4 82 94 24 Loss in NIT Preliminary Round
2003 Northwestern State 23 8 16 4 73 92 19 Loss in NIT Round 1
Old 02-26-2011, 05:56 PM   #1309
rtruesdell
n00b

Wow, Groundhog, stunningly impressive rise in 10 years! I wonder if the same will be possible in the newer version of the game.

Last edited by rtruesdell : 02-26-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:23 PM   #1310
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Another question. I notice you can sim a game with the Team Control set either to "USER" Coach games or "CPU" Coach games. Is there a difference in how the game is simmed?

It seems obvious that the CPU coaches your team in either case, but I was wondering if perhaps in the "USER" mode the Game Plan settings you select are used, vs. perhaps in the CPU mode the CPU-selected settings are used. Or is it the same? Thanks in advance.

The best way to describe CPU/USER here is it is the default for whether or not you want to watch your game with the option to make coaching changes. If the CPU is coaching at any point it does so using the settings you have selected on your depth chart and gameplan. If you want to watch/coach your games by default you should set it to user. The specific sim game/coach game options when the game is highlighted will override this choice.

Last edited by HeavyReign : 02-26-2011 at 07:25 PM.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:30 PM   #1311
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
I have another question. I noticed coaching in-game that individual defense matchups are set, and that there is a "pressure" option... low, normal, high defensive pressure for each player. Can that be manually set prior to simming a game? Or does the AI set those dynamically when you sim, with no pre-game human input allowed?

The AI handles this during the game.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:33 PM   #1312
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Can i advocate for player game logs again ? That´s one i really miss compared to the DDS games

Can you explain exactly what you are looking for here? I can't say I've ever had a DDS game on my computer . Is it just the option to list the player performance by game?
Old 02-26-2011, 07:34 PM   #1313
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZane View Post
I just found something very odd, using the latest patch (2.1.18). If you go to edit the default league and use either the next or previous buttons to change teams, the conference of the team you were just on changes; specifically, it moves down the conference list by one. I reinstalled the game and can confirm that this does not happen using the default installer from GDS, so something must have been introduced in a later patch. I can also confirm that in order to fix the issue, you have to select the conference that's one up in the list of the one you want and then click exit.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like anything you do in the editor causes the conference to change. I edited the prestige of Indiana, clicked exit, and the conference changed on me.

Yeah, something got messed up with the editors in that build but it should be working for the next one.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #1314
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Another minor consistency item. I just noticed at the bottom of the screen you can click on the various portions of the task bar and it will take you to the corresponding screen. That is nice. However, it looks like only some of the bar items are mapped that way. For instance, you click on the various standings buttons and it takes you to the standings screen. You click on the approval button, takes you to AD. All makes sense. However, when you click on the depth or roster button, it does nothing. To be consistent, shouldn't they take you to the roster and depth chart screens? Same thing with budget. If you click on that probably should also take you to the AD screen.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:08 PM   #1315
Comey
College Starter

One thing I'd love to see is, in the Tournament Championships section, the team who lost the National Championship. You see the champion, and by going to another screen, who made the Final Four that year...but you don't see who lost in the title game unless you go to that team's history page. It's a bit cumbersome.

Lastly, would there be any way to add in the Final Top 25 ranking from each season?

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:08 PM   #1316
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Few questions.

1) Under the coaches option, there is a screen called mentors. Not sure I exactly understand what that means. Does it mean you were an assistant for another coach at some point?

2) Why can't you see the mentor and past assistant options for retired coaches on the coaches screen? All the other options are there. It would be great to see what kind of people the great coaches were associated with over time.

3) On the coaches screen, there is a bonus point button. What does it do? I have never seen it active. How do you know when it is active? Do you get an email or some kind of notification?
Old 02-26-2011, 10:10 PM   #1317
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
One thing I'd love to see is, in the Tournament Championships section, the team who lost the National Championship. You see the champion, and by going to another screen, who made the Final Four that year...but you don't see who lost in the title game unless you go to that team's history page. It's a bit cumbersome.

Lastly, would there be any way to add in the Final Top 25 ranking from each season?

Yep, I recommended the same thing a few posts back. You can also see the boxscore for that championship game by clicking on the score and then you can see the team. Still an extra mouse click and like you I would like to see that added. I would also like to see the presitge of the two teams playing in the championship to see if any lowe prestige schools ever make it. It would be interesting.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:12 PM   #1318
Comey
College Starter

Ah, okay. I didn't know you could access the boxscore.

And sorry for the redundancy; I just got home from a miserable end to a poker tourney.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:14 PM   #1319
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Ah, okay. I didn't know you could access the boxscore.

And sorry for the redundancy; I just got home from a miserable end to a poker tourney.

No problem at all. More people that ask for it, maybe the better chance we have
Old 02-26-2011, 10:26 PM   #1320
henry296
College Starter

I just finished my third season and all three years the NCAA champ was a 4th seed or higher. While I can't check exactly since the brackets aren't saved, I think maybe 1 or 2 #1 seeds made the final four. I think history says about 30-40% of #1 seeds make the final four.

It just seems the results might be a just a bit too random. I coach all my games and it seems sometimes either my team or the other can't miss at shoot over 55% or other times the other team is in the bonus in less than 5 minutes.

Otherwise, I'm having lots of fun... just made my first tourney. All 5 starters will return although I graduated by top 3 reserves and haven't had deep recruiting classes. Usually 1 good player and a couple of scrubs.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:33 AM   #1321
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
I just finished my third season and all three years the NCAA champ was a 4th seed or higher. While I can't check exactly since the brackets aren't saved, I think maybe 1 or 2 #1 seeds made the final four. I think history says about 30-40% of #1 seeds make the final four.

It just seems the results might be a just a bit too random. I coach all my games and it seems sometimes either my team or the other can't miss at shoot over 55% or other times the other team is in the bonus in less than 5 minutes.

Otherwise, I'm having lots of fun... just made my first tourney. All 5 starters will return although I graduated by top 3 reserves and haven't had deep recruiting classes. Usually 1 good player and a couple of scrubs.

That is a good point about seeding. Hard to tell though like you said without having the seeding tracked with history. That would be kind of nice too to see over the course of history the seeds of the winners and runner-ups.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:04 AM   #1322
muns
Pro Starter

FBBCA

If anyone is looking for a league to play in or to get in on the ground floor of a new league, we just opened up the doors to the FBBCA over on the fast break forums.

Fast Break Basketball Forum • View forum - Fast Break Basketball's College Association

Feel free to stop on over and check us out.

There is a huge history (already simmed 100 years) so people can look at all that before deciding on anything.

The league website site is below

FBBCA

Last edited by muns : 02-27-2011 at 04:15 PM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:21 AM   #1323
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Wow, Groundhog, stunningly impressive rise in 10 years! I wonder if the same will be possible in the newer version of the game.

It would be much, much harder. I've made a few attempts at quick-sim careers in the new version, and haven't had nearly the same success.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:16 AM   #1324
rtruesdell
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
The AI handles this during the game.

Perhaps a general "Defensive Pressure" option could be added to the GamePlan? Doesn't have to be position by position, but maybe something like "Sag", "Normal", and "Aggressive" for the team overall. Then the AI would tend to follow this as a general rule (while still making the tweaks by position).

Or does the "Trap" setting essentially do this?

Thanks in advance for the feedback, Brian. I'm really enjoying the game and like so many others, I'm super-impressed by the level of support you provide.

Rod
Old 02-27-2011, 02:03 PM   #1325
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle1 View Post
That is a good point about seeding. Hard to tell though like you said without having the seeding tracked with history. That would be kind of nice too to see over the course of history the seeds of the winners and runner-ups.
While I have definitely seen some Final Fours with lower-seeded teams in the many seasons I've simmed, it's a lot more frequent that #1 and #2 seeds are present from what I've observed.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:01 PM   #1326
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
While I have definitely seen some Final Fours with lower-seeded teams in the many seasons I've simmed, it's a lot more frequent that #1 and #2 seeds are present from what I've observed.

Thanks for the info. I would defintely like to see the seeds on the history report since it would make it easier to notice trends over history. If I saw a bunch of 1 and 2 teams listed all the time, that would be concerning
Old 02-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #1327
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle1 View Post
Thanks for the info. I would defintely like to see the seeds on the history report since it would make it easier to notice trends over history. If I saw a bunch of 1 and 2 teams listed all the time, that would be concerning
Yeah, it would be great to track that info. My impression is that the variability is pretty accurate - some years there are mostly (or all) high seeds, some years a lot of low seeds, most years a reasonable mix. I'm pretty impressed at the variability overall.

Same with individual game outcomes - there's definitely room in the sim for upsets, which is maddening when you're the one getting upset and encouraging when you're the one doing the upsetting.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:39 PM   #1328
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Yeah, it would be great to track that info. My impression is that the variability is pretty accurate - some years there are mostly (or all) high seeds, some years a lot of low seeds, most years a reasonable mix. I'm pretty impressed at the variability overall.

Same with individual game outcomes - there's definitely room in the sim for upsets, which is maddening when you're the one getting upset and encouraging when you're the one doing the upsetting.

That is good to hear. So far, I have mostly just done fast simming to see how things turned out and have to agree, things look good. I am hoping after Brian releases the next update, I will finally have the time to start my career with a fresh new version.

Just in case Brian happens to drop by, any eta on the next update and any hints as to what it might include
Old 02-27-2011, 07:39 PM   #1329
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

I'm going to try the 2.1.18 update and see if it fixes it, but I've been getting a number of "run-time error 360, object already loaded" crashes with the 2.1.17 .exe.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #1330
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
I'm going to try the 2.1.18 update and see if it fixes it, but I've been getting a number of "run-time error 360, object already loaded" crashes with the 2.1.17 .exe.

Not likely. What seems to cause it?
Old 02-27-2011, 08:45 PM   #1331
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
Not likely. What seems to cause it?
I wish I had taken notes so I could give you specific repro steps. I'm pretty sure it has just been clicking between screens - having one screen open, then going to the menu to open another screen.

Pretty sure the last one I had was when I had the recruiting screen open, then I clicked on the roster link in the main menu. If I run into one again, I'll try to remember to write down the repro steps.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:38 AM   #1332
Comey
College Starter

Okay, I'm going to share something fun.

Indiana State, going into the MVC tournament, was 14-15. They started 0-4, and only had three wins against teams with winning records in the regular season (two against 17-14 Creighton); in fact, everyone in the MVC was weak (or deep, depending on how you look at it; Bradley won the regular season at 11-7 in-conference, 20-13 overall).

Anyway, the Sycamores entered the conference tournament tied for second at 10-8, but took the #4 seed. They beat three other mediocre teams and got into the NCAA tournament, as a #15 seed facing 27-5 Arizona.

The early exit expected was put on hold, as they upended the Wildcats 71-64. After beating #7 seed St. John's 88-81, they got to face fellow shocker, #14 Butler, in the Sweet Sixteen. ISU held off a late charge to advance to the Elite Eight, beating the Bulldogs 62-61. Their reward for such stellar hot play?

Top seed Michigan State.

That's right. It's Michigan State vs Indiana State.

I just thought that was cool.

Two of the brackets are chalk; the other is a 2-vs-4 matchup. Honestly, there are two games I wouldn't mind watching here: MSU/ISU and Virginia Tech vs. preseason #1 Mississippi State (a #1/#2 spot). MSU and Wake Forest (preseason #2) are both #2 seeds, and both could easily have been #1 seeds. It will be fun to watch it play out.

Old 02-28-2011, 05:21 AM   #1333
whomario
Pro Starter

Just had the best season yet with the new game only to see it end very disapointingly, loosing to a very beatable Richmond team in the Elite Eight ... Had my team play exactly the way i want and had a great season offensively despite starting 2 guys at PG and SF that were under 10 (on the 20 scale) for 3 point shooting.
Here´s the season Info :

Code:
#5 SAN FRANCISCO TEAM INFO Current Performance -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team Prestige: 65 Record Vs 1-50: 7-3 Poll Rank: #6 Season Record: 32-4 Record Vs 51-100: 8-1 RPI Rank: #5 Conference Record: 16-2 Record Vs 101-200: 9-0 Home Record: 14-0 Record Vs 200+: 8-0 Team Stats CR NR Opp. Stats CR NR Margin CR NR -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Points 86,5 2 2 Points 71,4 5 237 Points 15,0 2 5 O.Reb 10,7 9 215 O.Reb 11,5 5 208 O.Reb -0,8 7 230 D.Reb 22,9 6 230 D.Reb 20,7 1 16 D.Reb 2,3 2 37 Rebounds 33,6 7 234 Rebounds 32,1 2 48 Rebounds 1,5 4 100 Assists 22,4 1 1 Assists 13,3 4 213 Assists 9,1 1 1 Steals 7,6 1 12 Steals 4,6 2 28 Steals 3,0 1 9 Blocks 2,1 7 251 Blocks 3,2 5 225 Blocks -1,1 7 278 Turnovers 11,7 2 11 Turnovers 16,7 1 8 Turnovers -5,0 1 7 Fouls 19,9 9 283 Fouls 19,3 2 98 Fouls 0,6 7 230 FG% ,527 1 1 FG% ,450 7 266 FG% ,077 2 3 FT% ,779 3 24 FT% ,698 1 24 FT% ,081 1 3 3P% ,400 2 11 3P% ,334 4 115 3P% ,066 1 11 PPS 1,43 1 1 PPS 1,29 7 264 PPS ,143 2 16 Adj. FG% ,576 1 1 Adj. FG% ,507 7 266 Adj. FG% ,069 2 7

Just to add to the "can 1 or 2 star guys be stars" : a 2 star center as my main scoring threat. The guy can´t do anything but is a 19/20 inside scorer with 9 JPS and 9 handle, resulted in 20 PPG on 55%, 75% from the line and a 1,50 PPS on a 65 Prestige WCC team. Had him as my lone key player, scoring focus inside with only 4 for 3 pointers.
Propably the most surprising player i ever had in all my time playing the original game and the 2nd version.
Only recruited him because i missed out on everybody else, had still 3 scholarships in march and figured a guy scoring 38 a game in high school should at least be able to score some against undersized teams. Played sparingly as a freshman, than my 2 starting big men entered the draft for some reason and i just tried him out.

overall i found that having a guy that can score inside (even if he does little else) and a great playmaker (even if he does little else) is allready half the blueprint to a good team.

Here´s his profile after his sophomore season :

Code:
PLAYER DETAILS #23 C Antonio Bergman - San Francisco - Sophomore -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 7-0 Weight: 280 High School: Perryton High School Hometown: Perryton, TX Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 19 9 9 0 8 8 5 5 3 10 7 8 4 20 6 16 2014: 17 9 8 0 7 7 4 4 3 9 7 8 4 20 6 14 2013: 15 8 8 0 7 7 4 4 3 9 7 7 3 17 6 9 Potential: A C C F D C D D F C C C Health: Good Scholarship: Yes Status: Active Roster Academics: 5 Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2014 14 2 11,4 5,2 0,4 1,6 0,7 0,5 1,43 0,1 0,1 1,8 2015 36 36 27,7 20,1 1,2 4,4 1,1 1,5 0,76 0,5 0,5 3,0 Career 50 38 23,1 16,0 1,0 3,6 1,0 1,2 0,76 0,4 0,4 2,7 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2014 2,3 3,9 ,582 0,6 0,9 ,692 0,0 0,0 .000 1,33 2,79 2015 7,8 13,5 ,579 4,5 6,2 ,725 0,0 0,0 .000 1,49 11,06 Career 6,3 10,8 ,579 3,4 4,7 ,723 0,0 0,0 .000 1,47 8,74 Stat Totals: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS OREB REB AST TO STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2014 14 2 159 73 6 22 10 7 2 1 25 2015 36 36 998 725 42 157 41 54 18 18 108 Career 50 38 1157 798 48 179 51 61 20 19 133 Shooting Totals -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2014 32 55 9 13 0 0 39 2015 282 487 161 222 0 0 398 Career 314 542 170 235 0 0 437 Career Highs: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type Pts OReb Reb Ast Stl Blk TO FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season 43 5 11 4 2 2 4 15 23 13 14 0 0 Career 43 5 11 4 2 2 4 15 23 13 14 0 0 Awards & Acheivements: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Award -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- All Player of the Game: 11 2013 High School: Rated ** and #782 overall by the FBCB scouting service. 2015 1st Team All-Conference (West Coast Conference)

a couple other reflecting on what type of guys i go after :

1)My starting PG that couldn´t shoot worth a lick but was a magical passer and lightning quick (which i guess is the reason for his high FG%) :

Code:
PLAYER DETAILS #0 PG Mark Whitfield - San Francisco - Senior -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-0 Weight: 193 High School: Hometown: Cranbrook, Canada Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 4 6 12 8 15 20 11 8 8 16 9 4 20 6 10 20 2014: 4 5 11 7 13 19 10 7 7 14 9 4 20 6 10 20 2013: 3 5 10 7 12 18 10 7 7 13 8 4 20 6 10 18 2012: 3 5 10 7 11 16 10 6 7 12 8 4 20 6 9 17 2011: 3 5 9 6 10 14 9 6 7 10 7 4 19 5 9 14 Potential: F D C D B A C C D B C D Health: Good Scholarship: Yes Status: Active Roster Academics: 14 Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2012 32 1 8,3 1,9 0,3 0,6 1,3 0,6 2,00 0,4 0,1 0,8 2013 36 0 10,9 2,0 0,4 1,4 2,5 0,6 3,91 0,4 0,0 1,2 2014 36 36 29,2 7,5 1,5 3,1 6,4 1,6 4,09 1,5 0,1 2,0 2015 36 36 29,8 7,6 1,6 4,6 7,8 1,4 5,47 1,5 0,1 2,2 Career 140 73 19,9 4,8 1,0 2,5 4,6 1,1 5,47 1,0 0,1 1,6 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2012 0,7 1,9 ,367 0,4 0,5 ,765 0,2 0,6 ,263 1,03 0,75 2013 0,6 1,6 ,362 0,8 0,9 ,794 0,1 0,5 ,176 1,24 2,64 2014 2,9 5,6 ,510 1,4 1,9 ,750 0,4 1,3 ,283 1,34 10,86 2015 3,0 6,0 ,495 1,2 1,5 ,796 0,4 1,5 ,278 1,26 11,28 Career 1,8 3,8 ,472 1,0 1,2 ,775 0,3 1,0 ,265 1,26 6,54 Stat Totals: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS OREB REB AST TO STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2012 32 1 267 62 9 19 40 20 13 3 26 2013 36 0 393 72 16 49 90 23 14 1 42 2014 36 36 1052 270 53 112 229 56 53 4 73 2015 36 36 1072 272 59 167 279 51 55 2 80 Career 140 73 2784 676 137 347 638 150 135 10 221 Shooting Totals -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2012 22 60 13 17 5 19 24 2013 21 58 27 34 3 17 95 2014 103 202 51 68 13 46 391 2015 107 216 43 54 15 54 406 Career 253 536 134 173 36 136 916 Career Highs: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type Pts OReb Reb Ast Stl Blk TO FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season 19 7 13 16 4 1 4 7 13 6 6 2 5 Career 19 7 13 16 5 1 4 7 13 6 8 2 5 Awards & Acheivements: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Award -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- All Player of the Game: 7 2011 High School: Rated *** and #366 overall by the FBCB scouting service. 2014 1st Team All-Conference (West Coast Conference)

2) an all around SG/SF that couldn´t shoot from deep but was very efficient elsewhere, good defender and passer :

Code:
PLAYER DETAILS #52 SF Herschel Daniels - San Francisco - Senior -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-3 Weight: 211 High School: Quincy Senior High School Hometown: Quincy, CA Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 6 19 13 9 8 16 10 8 7 16 15 7 17 10 14 17 2014: 5 18 13 9 7 14 9 8 6 14 14 6 17 10 14 15 2013: 5 18 12 9 7 12 8 7 6 13 13 6 17 10 14 14 2012: 4 17 12 9 6 11 7 7 6 12 12 6 17 9 13 13 2011: 4 16 12 9 6 10 7 7 6 12 11 6 17 9 13 12 2010: 4 16 11 8 6 9 6 6 5 10 10 5 16 8 13 10 Potential: D A C D C B C C C B B D Health: Good Scholarship: Yes Status: Active Roster Academics: 13 Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2012 32 1 14,6 5,3 0,6 1,8 1,3 0,9 1,38 0,8 0,1 1,3 2013 35 1 9,0 4,5 0,7 1,6 1,4 0,7 1,85 0,6 0,1 0,6 2014 36 36 25,0 10,6 1,1 3,3 3,4 2,6 1,31 1,1 0,1 2,2 2015 36 36 24,6 10,4 1,6 3,8 3,8 2,1 1,81 1,4 0,2 2,7 Career 139 74 18,5 7,8 1,0 2,7 2,5 1,6 1,81 1,0 0,2 1,7 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2012 1,8 3,9 ,468 1,1 1,4 ,761 0,5 1,5 ,347 1,35 1,56 2013 1,6 2,8 ,577 1,0 1,3 ,773 0,3 0,7 ,385 1,61 4,46 2014 4,1 7,4 ,551 1,5 1,9 ,786 0,9 2,1 ,434 1,43 11,19 2015 4,2 8,0 ,528 1,3 1,7 ,800 0,7 2,0 ,333 1,31 8,64 Career 3,0 5,6 ,532 1,2 1,6 ,782 0,6 1,6 ,377 1,40 6,62 Stat Totals: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS OREB REB AST TO STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2012 32 1 468 168 20 59 40 29 24 4 43 2013 35 1 316 156 23 56 48 26 20 4 21 2014 36 36 900 380 40 119 123 94 41 5 79 2015 36 36 885 376 58 135 136 75 51 8 98 Career 139 74 2569 1080 141 369 347 224 136 21 241 Shooting Totals -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2012 58 124 35 46 17 49 50 2013 56 97 34 44 10 26 156 2014 146 265 55 70 33 76 403 2015 152 288 48 60 24 72 311 Career 412 774 172 220 84 223 920 Career Highs: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type Pts OReb Reb Ast Stl Blk TO FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season 19 5 9 11 4 1 6 9 16 6 6 3 5 Career 20 5 10 11 4 1 6 9 16 6 6 4 5 Awards & Acheivements: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Award -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- All Player of the Game: 7 2010 High School: Rated *** and #174 overall by the FBCB scouting service. 2012 Freshman All-Conference (West Coast Conference) 2015 1st Team All-Conference (West Coast Conference)

Last edited by whomario : 02-28-2011 at 05:26 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:27 AM   #1334
whomario
Pro Starter

Unfortunately now i loose 3 rotation guys and will have just 10 scholarship players after reaching too much and ending up only filling 3 of 6 available spots ...
Old 02-28-2011, 07:34 AM   #1335
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Okay, I'm going to share something fun.

Indiana State, going into the MVC tournament, was 14-15. They started 0-4, and only had three wins against teams with winning records in the regular season (two against 17-14 Creighton); in fact, everyone in the MVC was weak (or deep, depending on how you look at it; Bradley won the regular season at 11-7 in-conference, 20-13 overall).

Anyway, the Sycamores entered the conference tournament tied for second at 10-8, but took the #4 seed. They beat three other mediocre teams and got into the NCAA tournament, as a #15 seed facing 27-5 Arizona.

The early exit expected was put on hold, as they upended the Wildcats 71-64. After beating #7 seed St. John's 88-81, they got to face fellow shocker, #14 Butler, in the Sweet Sixteen. ISU held off a late charge to advance to the Elite Eight, beating the Bulldogs 62-61. Their reward for such stellar hot play?

Top seed Michigan State.

That's right. It's Michigan State vs Indiana State.

I just thought that was cool.

Two of the brackets are chalk; the other is a 2-vs-4 matchup. Honestly, there are two games I wouldn't mind watching here: MSU/ISU and Virginia Tech vs. preseason #1 Mississippi State (a #1/#2 spot). MSU and Wake Forest (preseason #2) are both #2 seeds, and both could easily have been #1 seeds. It will be fun to watch it play out.

That's really neat.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:56 AM   #1336
Comey
College Starter

A couple of seasons after we had the major upsets I spoke about a few posts back, I have the chalkiest tournament I've ever seen. There are two 1-2-3-4 brackets, with the other two being 1-2-3-5. There was only one seed lower than 9 to make it out of the first round.

I dig the variety. I think I'm going to try to do a small Cinderella dynasty, where I don't take a team, but monitor the low seeds and how they do each season.

EDIT: Of course, I write the chalk up, and then watch three #1s lose in the Sweet Sixteen.

Last edited by Comey : 02-28-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:24 PM   #1337
britrock88
Pro Starter

In continuing to do some historical research, I've found a 3-team conference that played a 4-game schedule throughout the 50s -- the Western New York Little Three Conference, naturally!
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:59 PM   #1338
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this before but why does the CPU have timeouts set to 6 straight points by the opponent? It seems odd to me that I can be down 5-0 to start a game, hit 2 three pointers and the CPU takes a frantic timeout 2 minutes into the game. Is there any way to adjust this code in the game to maybe a 10 point run instead of a 6 point run? Or am I the only one who gets bugged by this?
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:27 PM   #1339
britrock88
Pro Starter

Maybe the momentum-stopping timeouts could be customizable for human teams. I like 3 made field goals, myself.

It also never made a lot of sense when the 6th point was scored at the front end of 2 FTs, the shooter missed the 2nd FT, and my team took a timeout after grabbing the rebound.

Last edited by britrock88 : 02-28-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:32 PM   #1340
rjolley
College Starter

That is a bit too global. Going from up 5-0 to down 6-5 is not really a need for a timeout. Going from up 55-50 to down 56-55 with a minute left could be.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:02 PM   #1341
britrock88
Pro Starter

With 2.1.18, under the Current League editor, none of the assignments I make to team's divisions (from the Teams page) stick.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:29 PM   #1342
Passacaglia
Coordinator

So I'm tinkering with the demo -- I saw a color guide when I first started, but can't find it anymore. What do the colors mean? If it matters, I'm talking about recruiting, right after I evaluated each recruit.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:30 PM   #1343
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

The problem was I was playing a game the other day and the CPU team had burned all it's timeouts with 3 mins left in the first half. That would never happen in "real life". Did I keep the starters in too long? Maybe but screw Columbia.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:40 PM   #1344
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
So I'm tinkering with the demo -- I saw a color guide when I first started, but can't find it anymore. What do the colors mean? If it matters, I'm talking about recruiting, right after I evaluated each recruit.

Can't remember off me head, but if you look in your email in the game when it first starts, there is a detailed email that explains it all.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:52 PM   #1345
britrock88
Pro Starter

Blue is best, red is worst; left side is current ability, right side is talent/potential. They are fairly rough indicators, though.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #1346
Groundhog
Coordinator

Red / Orange / Yellow / Green / Blue

(worst to best)
Old 02-28-2011, 06:56 PM   #1347
muns
Pro Starter

Blue-All American Candidate
Green-Starter/ Mid Major All Conference
Yellow- Bench/ Mid Major Starter
Orange- Bench/ Low Prestige Starter
Red-Warm Body
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:50 PM   #1348
Passacaglia
Coordinator

thx doods -- now for the next question, when I close my laptop, I hear a chime sound, then when I reopen it, the game is no longer open. My power options are set such that when I close it, it's supposed to do nothing.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:06 PM   #1349
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Colors are explained above; it should also be noted that, while recruiting, you are getting an approximation of their abilities as filtered through the "scouting" rating of your head coach and your head scout. So, similar to FOF, the accuracy of your scouting report on recruits is based on how good you and your head scout are at scouting.

Once players are on your roster, you are shown their true abilities, so you can start to get a sense of how far off your scouting can be if you are starting off with lower prestige schools and low-paid assistants with mediocre (or worse) scouting ratings.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:03 AM   #1350
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
The problem was I was playing a game the other day and the CPU team had burned all it's timeouts with 3 mins left in the first half. That would never happen in "real life". Did I keep the starters in too long? Maybe but screw Columbia.

Obviously you never saw Pete Gillen coach a game.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote