Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #1
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

A Little Too Close to Home...

So apparently a federal convict who attempted to kill a corrections officer escaped from a transport van somewhere close to my house, and all the schools are on lockdown. My wife's at home, and it's so close (at least where they are searching) that she's describing the scene as, "The helicopter is flying over Bryce's house." We live smack in the middle of horse farm country and there are a couple of big fields out near the entrance of our subdivision, and that's where they are concentrating the search right now.

At least I'm comforted by the fact that our dogs will annoy him to death with their incessant barking if he shows up on our doorstep.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
molson
General Manager

I was curious about where this is all going on but googling "in absentia" was not helpful.

I'm sure this will end uneventfully, but ya, my adrenaline would be going right now, looking for and assemling all the potential weapons in my house.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Make sure she has her cellphone in her hand with 911 pre-dialed so all she has to do is hit send. Everything locked up? And she prolly shouldn't be near any of the doors in or out of the house...that way she'll have time to react if necessary.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:53 AM   #4
Ksyrup

Woodford County, KY. Just west of Lexington. If you go to lex18.com, they have a breaking news feature about it. Too small of a town to do the "LA live chase scene" helicopter feed, I imagine.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-15-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:00 PM   #5
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Last year, three of our clients escaped pre-trial lockup and ended up getting caught robbing a bank later that day while still in their prison clothes.

In for a penny, in for a pound, I guess.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:50 PM   #6
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Scary situation, hope they find this convict really soon.

Last edited by Dodgerchick : 04-15-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:51 PM   #7
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Last year, three of our clients escaped pre-trial lockup and ended up getting caught robbing a bank later that day while still in their prison clothes.

In for a penny, in for a pound, I guess.

That, or since they generally take all your stuff away from you when you enter prison, they had the bright idea that "we need to ditch these clothes and get less conspicuous ones. How can we do that? Hey, we'll rob a bank - then we'll have money to buy those less conspicuous clothes."
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:59 PM   #8
Ksyrup

They cancelled the school bus service county-wide, so the wife went to sit in line to get the girls and I came home so they wouldn't have to come home to an empty house. They've shut down the parkway exit/entrance ramp where they guy supposedly got out and there must be 12-15 cop cars and a helicopter out here. When I got home, I was greeted by a member of the Woodford County Swat Team (basically, a local cop dressed in his Sunday Best hunting outfit) who asked for permission to enter our backyard. I told him no governmental authority was going to step foot on my property - on Tax Day no less - and that Sarah Palin told me to tell him to go fuck himself.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-15-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:16 PM   #9
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

lol
Old 04-15-2010, 03:55 PM   #10
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
They cancelled the school bus service county-wide, so the wife went to sit in line to get the girls and I came home so they wouldn't have to come home to an empty house. They've shut down the parkway exit/entrance ramp where they guy supposedly got out and there must be 12-15 cop cars and a helicopter out here. When I got home, I was greeted by a member of the Woodford County Swat Team (basically, a local cop dressed in his Sunday Best hunting outfit) who asked for permission to enter our backyard. I told him no governmental authority was going to step foot on my property - on Tax Day no less - and that Sarah Palin told me to tell him to go fuck himself.
this is a perfect statement of what is wrong with america... a psycho is running around your neighborhood, your worried enough to come home early from work, but you still wont let the cops look for him.....

some sick people around here.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:59 PM   #11
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Old 04-15-2010, 04:03 PM   #12
Ksyrup

I know the internet loses a lot in translation, but that pretty much takes the cake, dude.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:05 PM   #13
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yeah...i thought it'd be pretty clear ksyrup was kidding
Old 04-15-2010, 04:06 PM   #14
Ksyrup

So it turns out this guy is from a PA federal prison and was here testifying in a case. He's related to the MA mob and was involved in witness tampering/killing and as an accessory after the fact for dismembering a 19 year old female witness. He was on his way to the airport to head back to PA when he escaped.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #15
Ksyrup

What, you don't think I'd tell a cop dressed in fatigues with a rifle across his chest to fuck off while an escaped convict is running around? The smiley face was just to throw you off.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:16 PM   #16
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

oh,

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:18 PM   #17
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
What, you don't think I'd tell a cop dressed in fatigues with a rifle across his chest to fuck off while an escaped convict is running around? The smiley face was just to throw you off.

I'd find out if he's gay first.

Tell him "Ass, gas, or grass...nobody crosses this line for free. I have plenty of grass inside, cant use the gas as I cant leave, so that only leaves..." EDIT: Then SPIT.

Last edited by SteveMax58 : 04-15-2010 at 04:18 PM.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:18 PM   #18
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So it turns out this guy is from a PA federal prison and was here testifying in a case. He's related to the MA mob and was involved in witness tampering/killing and as an accessory after the fact for dismembering a 19 year old female witness. He was on his way to the airport to head back to PA when he escaped.

nice!! MA mobstahs!!! HAHDCOHR!!!

who is it?
Old 04-15-2010, 04:50 PM   #19
Ksyrup

Capozzi is the last name. 37 years old.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:05 PM   #20
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Former Mass. gangster escapes prison van in Kentucky - Local News Updates - MetroDesk - The Boston Globe
Old 04-15-2010, 06:36 PM   #21
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/InmateFinde...Age=&x=69&y=19

I guess when you are looking at another three decades behind bars, you have an incentive to try and escape.

Hope they catch this guy. He seems like really bad news.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:47 AM   #22
Ksyrup

Haven't found him yet, though they think he was spotted in a field a couple of miles away from us and closer to the airport/Lexington. So they are concentrating their search closer to the county line, but we had a helicopter flying overhead periodically all night. EVERYONE in the neighborhood had every source of outdoor lights on - it looked a bit like Christmas last night!
Old 04-16-2010, 07:04 AM   #23
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

wow - shocked they haven't caught this guy yet... keep us posted.

I've had dreams where I was a guy like this guy running away from authority - pretty intense stuff

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:26 AM   #24
Ksyrup

Quick update for anyone interested...

They caught this guy on Saturday around 5:45pm hiding out by some RR tracks behind a stairs manufacturer, not too far from where we were practicing softball. He had been contained within the county since he escaped, spotted several times, and finally he was so tired/hungry/dirty that when he was caught, he basically gave up without a fight and said he needed a nap.

The guys who found him were not LE but just regular citizens who thought there was a $100K reward, so they went looking for him not too far from the DQ he was spotted on camera trying to get into the day before. They were bummed when they found out there was no reward! But hey, the mayor of Versailles is going to honor them today or tomorrow, so maybe that will make them feel better.

They are still looking into how he was able to get out of his hand and leg restraints in the van, and why the van door was unlocked. And, for that matter, why the damn van had inside handles when it's used for transporting prisoners! You'd think it was general incompetence, but when you're dealing with a mob-connected individual, you never know...

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-19-2010 at 09:26 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:37 AM   #25
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Glad that they caught him.

I'll try and remember to keep up on his case and see how much additional time he gets for the escape prosecution (and assumed conviction).

Since he's locked up anyway, there won't be any incentive to rush that process, but I'd assume with a high-profile escape like that and a slam-dunk conviction, the US Attorney in Kentucky will want to press the charges.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:52 AM   #26
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Glad that they caught him.

I'll try and remember to keep up on his case and see how much additional time he gets for the escape prosecution (and assumed conviction).

Since he's locked up anyway, there won't be any incentive to rush that process, but I'd assume with a high-profile escape like that and a slam-dunk conviction, the US Attorney in Kentucky will want to press the charges.

Isn't it usually another 2-4 years tacked on in most states?
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote