Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-20-2014, 10:21 AM   #101
Thomkal
Head Coach

Stanton will start again this week for my beloved Cards. Depending how his shoulder feels on Sunday, Palmer should be available as a backup.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:50 AM   #102
TroyF
Coordinator

I really do not understand how so many experts are getting last weeks Seattle/San Diego game wrong.

Everyone is falling all over themselves to say that Sherman IS a shutdown corner, that he sin't a fraud, and that he actually played OK in the game.

Let me address these three points quickly:

1) If you think Sherman isn't a; shutdown corner, you are an idiot.
2) If you think Sherman is a fraud, I'll take it one stop further and believe you and Rich Kotite could have a long conversation about what it takes to win in the NFL.
3) He did play OK. . . but that is not good enough for Seattle. He can't be OK, he has to be a lock down corner for them to be dominant.

What all these analysts are failing to mention is that San Diego challenged Sherman in multiple ways. That had an impact on the rest of the Seattle defense. No, it didn't make them roll over and give up 500 yards. Yes, San Diego still had to have Gates have a throwback game and Rivers actually had to play smart for 60 minutes, which is difficult to do.

No, it didn't make the Seattle defense fall apart. What it did do is force Seattle to concern itself with all four quadrants of the field. Green Bay decided to challenge 2.5 of the 4 quadrants. This means Thomas can cheat to one side and you are royally screwed. Watch a replay of the Chargers game and some of those passes to Gates. Now look for Thomas in the frame. There are multiple times he's a step or two late. He's not late because he's scared Sherman will get beat deep. He's cheating because he knows the Chargers were willing to attack that side of the field.

Even if the play didn't go right at Sherman, they tried to move him off his spot. I think Sherman is a jack ass. (of course I have to be careful here, because the general rule is anyone who has that belief is a racist) Despite my opinion of him, he's a sensational player, one of the 10 best players in the entire league. He plays with a safety who I'd put up in that level as well. That doesn't mean you concede the game to him and give up areats of the field.

Seattle won't lose a lot this year. When they do, it will be teams not terrified to challenge that side of the field.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 12:26 PM   #103
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I still have to wonder how the Bucs loss over the long term says about Lovie as a coach. You don't really see a new coach having his team suffer that bad of a loss in week 3.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:34 PM   #104
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
I still have to wonder how the Bucs loss over the long term says about Lovie as a coach. You don't really see a new coach having his team suffer that bad of a loss in week 3.

It could also say that they have no where near the talent everyone assumes they have. Or it could be that much of the talent they do have don't fit the schemes he's trying to incorporate.

Or it could say that everyone has figured out the 'Tampa 2' defense and that any NFL caliber QB is going to slice it apart if you lean on it too much.

Last edited by BillJasper : 09-20-2014 at 01:10 PM.
BillJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:15 AM   #105
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Former Titans kicker Rob Bironas dies in car accident

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...n-car-accident

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...ns-kicker-dies

Last edited by tucker rocky : 09-21-2014 at 08:18 AM.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:58 AM   #106
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Awful. Wonder if Bradshaw will be on pre game.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:40 AM   #107
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
It could also say that they have no where near the talent everyone assumes they have. Or it could be that much of the talent they do have don't fit the schemes he's trying to incorporate.

Or it could say that everyone has figured out the 'Tampa 2' defense and that any NFL caliber QB is going to slice it apart if you lean on it too much.

As we know, the Tampa 2 relies on a great front 4....Two of the starters were out and one is already on IR....that left only McDonald for the game and its his first year....recipe for disaster as it turns out.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:42 AM   #108
Dutch
"Dutch"

That's awful...
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:11 PM   #109
Desnudo
Coordinator

Please keep not running McDaniels thanks
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:39 PM   #110
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The refs are throwing flags when someone sneezes but nothing for the helmet to helmet hit on McCoy?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:43 PM   #111
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

is COlston on the outs in NO? no targets last week... no catches so far this... WTF!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:49 PM   #112
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
The refs are throwing flags when someone sneezes but nothing for the helmet to helmet hit on McCoy?

Red zone announcer specifically mentioned that isn't a foul.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:50 PM   #113
korme
Go Reds

WR Mohamed Sanu career passing stats:

4-4, 166 yards, 2 TD, 158.3 QB rating
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:57 PM   #114
MizzouCowboy
H.S. Freshman Team

Cowboys having a tough day with Kurt Warner and the Greatest Show on Turf.
MizzouCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:01 PM   #115
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Cruz!

Giants playing well except for a few mistakes in bad spots. Could easily be up 17-0
Old 09-21-2014, 01:08 PM   #116
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Pass interference in the end zone is a plague today. #25 on the Titans is having a very bad day.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:18 PM   #117
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

DeAndre Hopkins had maybe the catch of the year, but it was wiped out by penalty.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:37 PM   #118
Desnudo
Coordinator

Patriots oline is going to get brady KO'd at some point this season
Old 09-21-2014, 01:43 PM   #119
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Bortles in the game
Old 09-21-2014, 01:46 PM   #120
Thomkal
Head Coach

nice to see Coastal Carolina's RB Lorenzo Tallaferro off to a good start in his NFL career-11 runs for 81 yards for the Ravens so far.

Nice to see Bridgewater and now Bortles get their first playing time in the NFL too
Old 09-21-2014, 01:52 PM   #121
TroyF
Coordinator

This may be the year the Chargers put it all together. The question is the health of Gates. He stays healthy, they have one hell of a chance to go far. Rivers is playing well. Still not convinced about their defense or running game, but they have one of the most annoying offenses in football. It's one thing to get gashed for big yardage plays. It's another to give up 3, 5, 4, 8, 3 all the way up and down the field.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:57 PM   #122
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
nice to see Coastal Carolina's RB Lorenzo Tallaferro off to a good start in his NFL career-11 runs for 81 yards for the Ravens so far.

Nice to see Bridgewater and now Bortles get their first playing time in the NFL too

Tallaferro for his first rushing TD!
Old 09-21-2014, 02:05 PM   #123
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This is where I expect the patented Giants meltdown.

Turnover coming up!
Old 09-21-2014, 02:52 PM   #124
miami_fan
Coordinator

Can we get something like a yellow card for the players trying to deceive the officials in the NFL?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 02:54 PM   #125
Thomkal
Head Coach

wow Oak-TD called back by a penalty, but then next play tips off receiver into NE's hand for an INT. Glad it happened though as NE was my survivor pick New England not impressing me overall right now. No way should they have been that close to losing at home to Oakland.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:55 PM   #126
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Cleveland has missed soooo many opportunities in this game.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:55 PM   #127
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Can we get something like a yellow card for the players trying to deceive the officials in the NFL?

saw what happened in Cleveland with this, what else happened?
Old 09-21-2014, 02:56 PM   #128
Thomkal
Head Coach

Brawl in Philly had been brewing all day-finally happens after Foles throws an INT and gets hurt
Old 09-21-2014, 02:57 PM   #129
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
wow Oak-TD called back by a penalty, but then next play tips off receiver into NE's hand for an INT. Glad it happened though as NE was my survivor pick New England not impressing me overall right now. No way should they have been that close to losing at home to Oakland.

Biennial wilfork int to close it out.

Browner back in two weeks. I think the d will be very good. Offense will only be as good as the line which is very bad at pass protect right now.

Last edited by Desnudo : 09-21-2014 at 02:58 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:57 PM   #130
sabotai
General Manager

Did they just eject #71 on Washington for something #71 on Philadelphia did?

Edit: They corrected it.

Last edited by sabotai : 09-21-2014 at 03:01 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:01 PM   #131
Thomkal
Head Coach

Let's go beloved Cardinals! Palmer is inactive rather than the backup.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:02 PM   #132
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
First time the Cowboys have ever come back from being down by 21 and winning in regulation.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:03 PM   #133
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Cinci whompin ass without Burfict, I am digging it. Bring on he bye week, this team deserves a week off.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:03 PM   #134
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I think that's the only second lost by Rodgers to the Lions.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:04 PM   #135
TroyF
Coordinator

This is just a horrible, horrible job by the refs the entire game. Both teams have been allowed to taunt the entire game without any discipline. Jackson had a long TD where he taunted to a ridiculous degree. No call.

Then the scrum that was waiting to happen all day because the refs let it get to this level happens after a cheap shot by Baker. Baker shouldn't be playing for a month. One of the cheapest shots you will ever see in a football game.

Then, as has been said above, it looked to me like Peters should be ejected, instead the Washington LT gets ejected. They just corrected that error and Peters has been ejected.

Cousins has looked great today. The Eagles are now playing with paper clips and glue on the OLine. Foles, meanwhile, seems to enjoy overthrowing wide open receivers on seem routes. If Philly ever gets a QB who is accurate, they may score 900 points a season.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:08 PM   #136
TroyF
Coordinator

On the Bills/Chargers game. . . EJ Manual has a lot of work to do to be an NFL QB. His accuracy is terrible. I know I just put down Foles, but EJ Manual makes Foles look like Joe Montana. Good lord he's bad.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:11 PM   #137
TroyF
Coordinator

Well, maybe all Foles needed was a cheap shot. Right up the seem, bang. TD.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:15 PM   #138
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Pats not looking very threatening this year at all.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:16 PM   #139
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
Biennial wilfork int to close it out.

Browner back in two weeks. I think the d will be very good. Offense will only be as good as the line which is very bad at pass protect right now.

Defense is fine.

Offensive line is embarrassing.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:20 PM   #140
TroyF
Coordinator

Redskins really have to be wondering what is going on right now. Cousins has played brilliantly. They have destroyed the Philly OLine and pounded Foles all day (sometimes even legally), have mauled McCoy and are winning just about every stat you can win.

And they are losing by 10 points. Driving again. I think Cousins is now over 400 yards.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:26 PM   #141
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Always nice to see the Lions and Colts get victories.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:34 PM   #142
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I guess I'm not super high on Cousins. He's made some really garbage throws. I haven't seen every play though.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:36 PM   #143
TroyF
Coordinator

Cousins with a terrible throw on a 4th and ten. Washington still has two time outs adn teh Eagles can't run, so they will likely get another shot.

Monte Ball fumbles for Denver (what the hell is it about the first play against that team?) Broncos make a goal line stand and hold the 'Hawks to a FG. Huge, huge stop.

As I typed above, Foles gunned it for 18 yards and a first down. Game is over. Eagles will win by three.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:37 PM   #144
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I guess I'm not super high on Cousins. He's made some really garbage throws. I haven't seen every play though.

He had a very good game today. I was impressed on a lot of his throws. He did not play all that well on two of the final three drives though.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:39 PM   #145
kingfc22
Head Coach

Niners continue to get hammered on 3rd down defensive penalties.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:40 PM   #146
TroyF
Coordinator

Phil Simms: "If you are going to come in here and beat them, you cannot outthink them, you have to out hit them"

Ummm, garbage Phil. If you go in expecting to beat the Hawks by outhitting them in their own yard, you are going to have problems.

First Manning pass, right at Sherman. He holds Sanders, no call, but the pass is perfect and Denver gets a first down.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:43 PM   #147
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
He had a very good game today. I was impressed on a lot of his throws. He did not play all that well on two of the final three drives though.

ESPN did a break down of him and said he hasn't shown he'll pan out over time and his numbers can look ugly. His career rating is still 74.3 with 10 TDs and 10 INTs. Granted, he's young enough to not pass judgement on, and he's been good so far this year.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:50 PM   #148
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
ESPN did a break down of him and said he hasn't shown he'll pan out over time and his numbers can look ugly. His career rating is still 74.3 with 10 TDs and 10 INTs. Granted, he's young enough to not pass judgement on, and he's been good so far this year.

Honestly, I've never been high on him at all. Never really understood why he was a second round pick. I'm not stating he will be a good QB. I'm stating he looked good today. one thing is for certain, he has a cannon. The bomb to Jackson took a perfect throw.

He hit another WR on the sideline with a picture perfect pass as well. Overall, I thought his decision making was pretty good for most of the game. Time will tell. I'm not ready to say he's good, but he looked better than I thought he would today.

Broncos with a long drive ends in a FG. Tied up in Seattle.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:56 PM   #149
BillJasper
Pro Starter

I thought Cousins was a fourth-round pick?
Old 09-21-2014, 03:58 PM   #150
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
I thought Cousins was a fourth-round pick?

He was.