Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-07-2006, 03:35 PM   #551
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Ok, a little more than five hours to go before tonight's deadline. Here's how the voting stands as I see it:

Saldana - 1 (by Chief Rum)
Chief Rum - 2 (by saldana, Alan T)
Blade - 1 (by Izulde)
DaddyTorgo - 1 (by Jonathan)
st.cronin - 1 (by SnDvls)
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:46 PM   #552
Schmidty
Coordinator

Vote Rum Chief
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 04:06 PM   #553
Blade6119
Coordinator

Id like to hear more from cronin, but he was even quieter then this the final 3 days of the small game, so its not like he suddenly went quiet this game.

Ill start my role-playing back up in a bit, so if it annoys you, oh well
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 04:07 PM   #554
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I'll stick with my day 1 vote. If a run-off develops, I'll jump in.

Vote Spleen
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 04:09 PM   #555
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

vote chiefrum

I've seen this game from him before
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 04:11 PM   #556
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
vote chiefrum

I've seen this game from him before

What's he doing that you've seen before?
Old 11-07-2006, 04:16 PM   #557
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Cronin is being unusually quiet. I don't know what to make of it -- RL, or cronin sick of being killed? The latter certainly makes sense to me after his reaction last game.

Real life. This game has only been running two days and it's already over ten pages! I don't know how to make sense of everything. I am going to guess that both sal and al are villagers - that's what that sort of thing usually is.

As for Blade, I'm sure he'll be scanned by a seer sooner rather than later - if he turns out bad, we'll know.

So I won't be voting for any of those three today. I also won't vote for Chief Rum just yet.

vote Lathum

I don't like his suggestion that there was an UNsuccesful conversion. It smells like spreading manure to confuse the village.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 04:22 PM   #558
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
What's he doing that you've seen before?

Latching onto a suspect, casting his vote then not being around to argue his point.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:23 PM   #559
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Real life. This game has only been running two days and it's already over ten pages! I don't know how to make sense of everything. I am going to guess that both sal and al are villagers - that's what that sort of thing usually is.

As for Blade, I'm sure he'll be scanned by a seer sooner rather than later - if he turns out bad, we'll know.

So I won't be voting for any of those three today. I also won't vote for Chief Rum just yet.

vote Lathum

I don't like his suggestion that there was an UNsuccesful conversion. It smells like spreading manure to confuse the village.

I knew someone would latch onto that. At least I am involved in the discussion. If I was on the dark side would I really say there was a failed conversion?
Old 11-07-2006, 04:27 PM   #560
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Latching onto a suspect, casting his vote then not being around to argue his point.

I have my vote on Chief Rum currently, but to be fair to him every Tuesday and I think Wednesday since the existance of his playing in WW games here he goes to work from like 5am or 6am or something until 9-10pm somewhere, so this isn't like its a wolf move of his, he does it every game. Its his work schedule.

If you want my thoughts about why I voted Chief Rum you can look at my post where I voted for him. Last game he did a similar thing of supporting me early and he ended up evil. My basis for my vote was that he was the strongest supported of mine without having any knowledge of my role.

Similar to the same reasons I found Saldana supporting Blade so much yesterday very odd, I find the same thing true about Chief Rum today. Saldana has explained his actions and even if I don't agree with his opinion of my game play, he has given a plausible excuse for it. A little pressure on Chief should do the same thing I think. I'm curious to why a good guy would blindly go strong for another person in support without knowing my role or allegiance.

Just wanted to be fair about his schedule though, its not like he did a hit and run, its the same schedule he always has.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 04:27 PM   #561
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I knew someone would latch onto that. At least I am involved in the discussion. If I was on the dark side would I really say there was a failed conversion?

If i was on the dark side would i suddenly change my entire play style and give everyone a reason to lynch me, which regardless of my alignment, quite a few people look for?

Yet here i am with people like izulde and kwhit calling me out...so lathum, accept the fact the some players dont seem to puch my complex thought into their votes and go back to hating me
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:32 PM   #562
Blade6119
Coordinator

to put much*
Demotivation
Old 11-07-2006, 04:34 PM   #563
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

Yes, you sure might.

knives out
Old 11-07-2006, 04:40 PM   #564
Tyrith
College Starter

I will not be jumping on the Rum train for the sake of it at this point. The first vote or two I understand...but Lathum's vote? He just seemed to latch onto Alan's idea, practically word for word. It unsettles me somewhat. Combine that with his suggestions of an unsuccessful conversion...I talked about the fact that maybe they weren't successful last night, but that was in the context of a kill where the target might not find out they were attacked, or any of a number of things Anxiety could be doing. No, right now Lathum is suspicious enough for me to put another vote on him.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 04:45 PM   #565
Tyrith
College Starter

Dola, I should actually vote.

VOTE LATHUM
Old 11-07-2006, 04:46 PM   #566
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
If i was on the dark side would i suddenly change my entire play style and give everyone a reason to lynch me, which regardless of my alignment, quite a few people look for?

Yet here i am with people like izulde and kwhit calling me out...so lathum, accept the fact the some players dont seem to puch my complex thought into their votes and go back to hating me

Yeah, seeing that we look for almost any reason to randomly make blade die, I don't think he'd go out of his way to load the gun and put it into our hand.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:49 PM   #567
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Blade, I don't hate you.

Alan, I am familiar with CR's schedule but that doesn't change the fact that because of his schedule he does what amounts to a hit and run.

Tyrith- How am I jumping on what alan said? I voted for CR because I have seen him play this way before as a bad guy.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:52 PM   #568
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

tyrith, point to where i jumped "word for word" on what alan said.

To be honest with you half of what alan has said this game makes no sense at all to me.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:58 PM   #569
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
To be honest with you half of what alan has said this game makes no sense at all to me.

I definitely agree with this.

knives out
Old 11-07-2006, 05:01 PM   #570
Tyrith
College Starter

Excuse me, it was not Alan that you were following, it was saldana:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i have watched CR make wild accusations for a number of games now, and not once have i been able to follow his logic...today is no different.

( and IIRC, not once has he been anywhere close to correct )

vote Chief Rum
Old 11-07-2006, 05:03 PM   #571
Tyrith
College Starter

The collection of people that are on Rum right now just make me very leery. And the way Lathum joined in without even mentioning the fact that he was putting a fourth vote on a guy when no one was having any momentum smells of "Let's Make a Bandwagon!" Combonation of circumstances is very fishy. I really should be paying closer attention to what I'm doing, though.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:16 PM   #572
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
The collection of people that are on Rum right now just make me very leery. And the way Lathum joined in without even mentioning the fact that he was putting a fourth vote on a guy when no one was having any momentum smells of "Let's Make a Bandwagon!" Combonation of circumstances is very fishy. I really should be paying closer attention to what I'm doing, though.

tyrith, all things being equal, i would agree with this, but we have to remember the ruleset for this game....a plurality doesnt do anything...we need a majority to get a lynch, and that pretty much guarantees that we have to have what we would normally call a bandwagon every day until the numbers get lower....from having played with him often, i know lathum is in the "ties (or days without lynches) are a bad idea" camp, so i saw his vote as one that was aimed at preventing a no lynch scenario.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 05:18 PM   #573
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
tyrith, all things being equal, i would agree with this, but we have to remember the ruleset for this game....a plurality doesnt do anything...we need a majority to get a lynch, and that pretty much guarantees that we have to have what we would normally call a bandwagon every day until the numbers get lower....from having played with him often, i know lathum is in the "ties (or days without lynches) are a bad idea" camp, so i saw his vote as one that was aimed at preventing a no lynch scenario.

Hrm, true. Stupid majority rule is gonna screw up our voting records for the first couple of days because people can use it as an excuse to vote with the herd.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:18 PM   #574
Blade6119
Coordinator

Well, we do need majority...i would rather vote for alan again despite others backing off, and will vote for alan if chief turns out good as alan likely just deflected the attention from himself to chief, but like saldana said...we need a majority. Yesterday i was not apart of the lynch, today i might as well help out

VOTE CHIEF RUM
Demotivation
Old 11-07-2006, 05:18 PM   #575
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

the fact that you say you should be paying closer attention throws up flags for me. First you screw up alan and saldana, then throw some accusations at me. Then you claim we are starting a bandwagon when the structure of the game is that a bandwagon is needed for a lynch.

The fact that I am the fourth person to vote for someone ( and I think I was the third) doesn't mean much since we need 8 other people to follow suit.

You are usually very on top of things, I consider you the best "new" player in the game so the fact that you claim you need to pay better attention raises flags all over for me.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:22 PM   #576
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, we do need majority...i would rather vote for alan again despite others backing off, and will vote for alan if chief turns out good as alan likely just deflected the attention from himself to chief, but like saldana said...we need a majority. Yesterday i was not apart of the lynch, today i might as well help out

VOTE CHIEF RUM

Old 11-07-2006, 05:22 PM   #577
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

UNVOTE DaddyTorgo

VOTE Chief Rum

I really have no reason to vote for him, but I'm afraid that if we keep screwing around we won't lynch anyone.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:24 PM   #578
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Dola,

I love the arguement I'm going to vote with person X, but if my vote ends up being bad I'm going to vote for person X tommorrow.

Please Blade, don't do me any favors and vote for someone else if you don't agree with my reasoning. I give my reasons for the vote, agree with them or disagree with them but in no way am I compelling you to do something you don't want to do.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:39 PM   #579
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Dola,

I love the arguement I'm going to vote with person X, but if my vote ends up being bad I'm going to vote for person X tommorrow.

Please Blade, don't do me any favors and vote for someone else if you don't agree with my reasoning. I give my reasons for the vote, agree with them or disagree with them but in no way am I compelling you to do something you don't want to do.
Your not, but anxiety's rule set it. I never approve of a no-lynch or ties...never...so since i see no way im getting you lynched, chief(one of your supporters) is the next best choice.

So dont roll your eyes when i state id rather vote you, but its a wasted vote. Yesterday we had the votes where i could throw one away on you(which i did), today i dont see that yet.
Demotivation
Old 11-07-2006, 05:44 PM   #580
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Your not, but anxiety's rule set it. I never approve of a no-lynch or ties...never...so since i see no way im getting you lynched, chief(one of your supporters) is the next best choice.

So dont roll your eyes when i state id rather vote you, but its a wasted vote. Yesterday we had the votes where i could throw one away on you(which i did), today i dont see that yet.

I never rolled my eyes because you would rather vote for me. I rolled my eyes for the reason I said in my last post. When you state you are voting for chief rum, your reason is as you just stated: Because Lynching chief rum is better in your eyes than no lynch at all. Your previous reasoning that I am compelling you to vote Chief Rum is nonsense.

Or do you have some inside knowledge that Chief Rum is going to turn up good most likely so already hedging your move tommorrow that Chief Rum's innocence = my guilt?
Old 11-07-2006, 05:48 PM   #581
st.cronin
General Manager

I think there's way too much emphasis being placed on early bandwagons. I would like to try this: Everybody cast a vote, then we take roll, and THEN ask those who have "wasted votes" to move them onto a candidate with some chance of getting lynched.

knives out
Old 11-07-2006, 05:49 PM   #582
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Or do you have some inside knowledge that Chief Rum is going to turn up good most likely so already hedging your move tommorrow that Chief Rum's innocence = my guilt?

That's how I read it.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:57 PM   #583
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Let's keep this a two-man (or two-hobbit, as the case may be) race.

VOTE Lathum

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:13 PM   #584
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I like Mr. Wednesday's vote. I encourage a close race. I have no doubt it will help us down the road since I will probably be an early night kill
Old 11-07-2006, 06:17 PM   #585
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I think there's way too much emphasis being placed on early bandwagons. I would like to try this: Everybody cast a vote, then we take roll, and THEN ask those who have "wasted votes" to move them onto a candidate with some chance of getting lynched.

I like this idea St. Cronin. At least for tomorrow. I have no good reason to vote for anybody today except to vote for someone with a lot of votes of them so we reach a majority. There just hasn't been enough information or reveals to vote otherwise.

vote Chief Rum
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:18 PM   #586
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dodgerchick has agreed to replace Neuqua.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:19 PM   #587
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I like Mr. Wednesday's vote. I encourage a close race. I have no doubt it will help us down the road since I will probably be an early night kill

Not if you get a lot votes.

knives out
Old 11-07-2006, 06:28 PM   #588
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
the fact that you say you should be paying closer attention throws up flags for me. First you screw up alan and saldana, then throw some accusations at me. Then you claim we are starting a bandwagon when the structure of the game is that a bandwagon is needed for a lynch.

The fact that I am the fourth person to vote for someone ( and I think I was the third) doesn't mean much since we need 8 other people to follow suit.

You are usually very on top of things, I consider you the best "new" player in the game so the fact that you claim you need to pay better attention raises flags all over for me.

I'm allowed to screw up, aren't I? I have two tests and a paper this week; I don't have the time to reread things in the manner I might otherwise.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:34 PM   #589
Tyrith
College Starter

This majority mechanic, with this many people, makes doing good races very difficult. We're looking at a situation where we're either going to just pile on Rum, or we're going to try to start a race with Lathum and have to deal with people moving votes at the very last moment.

As a side note I really don't like this Rum lynch ebcause he isn't around on these days to defend himself -- he could die and be a good role we might get use out of but won't because he can't reveal. Seeing that our reasoning for lynching him is weak I would be of the mind that there were a lot of better places that we could have gone. And some of the early voters had to know this, too.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:36 PM   #590
KWhit
Coordinator

I'm really confused. I don't really see CR as a prime suspect yet.

Can someone restate the case against him for me? I must have missed it.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:39 PM   #591
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I'm really confused. I don't really see CR as a prime suspect yet.

My vote today if there was no information from last night that came out was going to be either for you or for him. Both of you came out pretty strongly supporting me which for me is hard to believe a good person without any knowledge of anyone else would be willing to do for the risk of strongly backing a bad guy and then ending up on the lynch block yourself.

I however can see reasons why a bad guy would support a good guy for when I turned up dead due to lynch or night action it would buy you some trust perhaps.

Since Chief Rum spoke the loudest (or perhaps last at least) between you two I voted him. I could have just as easily voted for you however.

Thats my reasons for it. I speak not for any of the other 6 people who voted for him and would prefer they gave their reasons for doing it. We've already seen some try to not take accountability for their actions by saying if the vote ends up bad its my fault.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:42 PM   #592
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post

I don't think there is one. I voted for him because he was leading in votes. I would rather us have a lynch, but I'm beginning to think it won't happen today.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:44 PM   #593
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I would like to see us get a majority or at least be close enough to one that it has an affect. I'm not sure how to take CR at this point, so I can go elsewhere if need be or if a better case is made for someone else.

VOTE CHEIF RUM
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:44 PM   #594
Swaggs
Coordinator

I want to vote for one of the two leaders tonight--either Chief Rum or Lathum.

I am kind of hanging on Lathum stepping in and defending saldana a little bit earlier today. I know they are friends, but I think that was kind of an odd "reach out" to make in this game, since saldana was doing enough defending on his own. I could move it off if needed, but for now...

Vote Lathum
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:46 PM   #595
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Vote Lathum

Mainly this is a vote against Chief Rum as being for Lathum. I am not getting a baddie vibe from Rum.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:46 PM   #596
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
SnDvls will start talking later. He tends to be say a lot with fewer posts than people like Alan, blade, or even myself.

KWhit, well, I thought he would be talking more, but it's been a while since I've seen him play.

With Sublime...I'm conflicted. There is the part of me that wants to be nice to the new guy, let him get settled and such. Then there's the part that remembers that people were nice to me during my first game, I was bad, and I used it to screw them. But for now, give other choices, I'd rather not lynch the newbie.

Sorry, it's tough to get in on the discussion, especially when a lot of the previous day's conversation was on stuff far above my head. Add in that this is my first game, I've been pretty hesitant. Another part of this is that I don't have the knowledge of people's playing styles from previous games that most of you guy's do...despite trying to read some of the games, it's tough keeping track of ppl.

There...maybe that'll break the seal for me.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:50 PM   #597
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

I think the odds he turns up evil are firmly stacked against us, especially considering we got lucky yesterday. Ill be pleasently suprised if hes evil, but im entirely expecting him to come up good and you continue to shift blame from yourself by attacking me over my doubts. The only reason were on chief is becuase you and saldana had a little arguement, then suddenly came out a united front against chief. But, like i said...i can vote chief or lathum, and what i saw last game that made me believe lathum was bad is not what im seeing from him this game. So chief it is

So yes, i quite frankly believe he will turn up good, and you will turn the attention again to someone else. Id love to be proven wrong, but i dont expect to be on this matter. I dont have inside knowledge, i have instinct. My instinct tells me he will turn up good.

I just happen to belive chief coming up good might be just the thing we need, if it allows the group to look at who drove the vote in his direction a little more closely. Im quite possibly wrong about you, but you have stated repeatedly i am not on the side of the village, so you are obviously wrong too. I think that fact will be proven again at the lynch, though i certainly hope its not.
Demotivation
Old 11-07-2006, 06:51 PM   #598
KWhit
Coordinator

Hmmm... Interesting. And totally misguided.

I am not and was not supporting YOU. I have no idea if you're good, good, bad, or bad.

I was stating my suspicion of Saldana and Blade for their responses to what I took to be general information about the game world of Middle Earth that just so happened to come from you.

I don't know what CR's motivation was, but my comments have simply been of surprise and suspicion of Saldana's and Blade's over-reaction to the comments you made, especially since it appears to me to be a red herring that had the effect of successfully moving the spotlight off of Blade.

So we're voting for CR because he agreed with you? I am not defending CR (and may have to vote for him just to get a mojority) but this seems like a really weak reason to me.

I think Blade, Saldana, or even you AlanT look more suspicious at this point than CR.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:52 PM   #599
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think the odds he turns up evil are firmly stacked against us, especially considering we got lucky yesterday. Ill be pleasently suprised if hes evil, but im entirely expecting him to come up good and you continue to shift blame from yourself by attacking me over my doubts. The only reason were on chief is becuase you and saldana had a little arguement, then suddenly came out a united front against chief. But, like i said...i can vote chief or lathum, and what i saw last game that made me believe lathum was bad is not what im seeing from him this game. So chief it is

So yes, i quite frankly believe he will turn up good, and you will turn the attention again to someone else. Id love to be proven wrong, but i dont expect to be on this matter. I dont have inside knowledge, i have instinct. My instinct tells me he will turn up good.

I just happen to belive chief coming up good might be just the thing we need, if it allows the group to look at who drove the vote in his direction a little more closely. Im quite possibly wrong about you, but you have stated repeatedly i am not on the side of the village, so you are obviously wrong too. I think that fact will be proven again at the lynch, though i certainly hope its not.

If you think Chief is good, then don't vote him. Sheesh
Old 11-07-2006, 06:52 PM   #600
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I just happen to belive chief coming up good might be just the thing we need, if it allows the group to look at who drove the vote in his direction a little more closely.

strongly disagree

knives out