Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-27-2010, 09:25 AM   #1
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

FOOL Question/Discussion: Do we need to do something about offense in the RL?

Just throwing this out there.

2065 was another banner year offensively for the DH league. League ERA dropped a shade from 6.21 to 6.10, but that's still just a drop from the highest league ERA ever to the second highest.

Prior to this season, the most runs scored by a team in a season was 1176, 1165 and 1159 (IIRC). My Hooligans scored 1161--and they finished 2nd in the RL in scoring. Hyannis set a new record with 1180. The top three were all relatively recent, too (I think the oldest one was 2052). The league batting average hasn't fallen below .300 since 2046, and in fact, hasn't even been below .310 since 2048.

Just wondered what everyone's thoughts were (including CL) about this and whether we as owners should consider making any adjustments to try to bring the offensive numbers back under control.

Also, because frankly I don't know what's even causing it, it would be interesting to see if anyone has any theories for why we're seeing this uptick. It can't all be OOTPX--this offensive swing actually started much earlier than the switch over, although we certainly are seeing a peak right now.

Thoughts, anyone?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:56 AM   #2
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

We also gave our talent pool a shot of steroids if you'll recall and I'm thinking that could be responsible for us being at the peak of anything right now.
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:04 AM   #3
Tasan
College Starter

I say give it a few years. There's been a low point in pitching quality that's on the fringe of being overcome. Lets see where the next 5 seasons take us.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #4
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I think we are in an offensive up-swing.
I think the RL has some fairly offensive ballparks in it
The RL has had a steady stream of more AI owners which has led to some teams (not all) having weaker pitching
We have added in more talent which possibly has come in heavier on the hitter side

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:08 PM   #5
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I think we are in an offensive up-swing.
I think the RL has some fairly offensive ballparks in it
The RL has had a steady stream of more AI owners which has led to some teams (not all) having weaker pitching
We have added in more talent which possibly has come in heavier on the hitter side

Huh, I find their ballparks offensive too!
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:21 PM   #6
Johnny93g
College Starter

I'm kind of in the it is what it is camp. I don't think it offers a competitive inbalance, or anything like that.
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote