Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-18-2005, 06:52 PM   #1
LionsFan10
High School Varsity

OT: Three years, down the drain ...

My girl & I just broke up, three years down the drain. I'm so lost and confused I don't know what to do, she said she didn't "feel anything anymore." What do some of you guys do to get through this? I need some serious help here I feel alone and lost, helpless. I wanted to fix it so bad but she didn't want to try anymore.

I'm hurting so bad

LionsFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 07:00 PM   #2
Easy Mac

just give her a little time (a week or so) and see if she comes around. it may just be she's in a bad time right now. my girl did this a little less than a year ago. she was really stressed out about grad school, moving... she just needed some time. she snapped back the next day though (prolly faster than normal), she realized that i wasn't the problem, but that it was just a transition period where she had to get used to things changing. not necesarily the same situation as yours, but i hope it helps.

and an fyi, my bro-in-law said my sister did the same thing to him (a few times), but they're married for 5 years with a kid.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 07:01 PM   #3
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I just went through nearly this exact situation last year right before Thanksgiving. It hurts like you wouldn't believe, and it's going to hurt for a while. IT's completely natural to be totally sick over it, so don't feel like you're alone on that front. You will get over it, though, and sooner than you think. Have your buddies take you out somewhere. Company is always good. If you aren't a teetotaler, then get sloppy drunk. People say it doesn't help, but it does. Try your absolute hardest not to call her, and definitely don't go see her. At this point, nothing you can do will win her back, and every time you see her, you're going to try and win her back all at once. So, forget about it. You'll end up meeting tons of great girls, and you'll wonder how you ever felt so bad about it!

edit: Hmmm...That's interesting Easy Mac, as my girl came back to me about 3 weeks afterward. I realized it was the idea of her I wanted back, so I cut it off (kinda).

Last edited by Karlifornia : 03-18-2005 at 07:06 PM.
Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 07:03 PM   #4
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I'm a dumbass

Last edited by Karlifornia : 03-18-2005 at 07:04 PM.
Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 12:56 AM   #5
Franklinnoble
Banned

She's already sleeping with another guy. Get over it.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 01:05 AM   #6
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Life is learning.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 04:09 AM   #7
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

pix plz tnx.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:12 AM   #8
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

dola, sorry but it had to be said.

Most importantly like they said, don't go see her, or do anything to win her back. If she's sleeping with another guy right now, then good riddance, you didn't need a slut like that in your life. If she comes back to you, and you both decide to keep on keepin on with the relationship, then peachy freakin keen. If you start talking later, and she wants to be just friends, tell her that you've already found somebody better looking, wealthier, kinkier, and that doesn't hog all the fucking covers when she sleeps, stupid bitch.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:01 AM   #9
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I had this same thing happen when I was 22. Dated a girl all through college for 3 years - we were nuts about each other. Then, the first night of a 4-day vacation to Marblehead, Massachusetts, she told me the exact same thing. I was absolutely devastated. The best part was the vacation was with my sister and brother-in-law as well as my parents. So....for the next 4 days I had to put a happy smile on my face while my heart felt like roadkill. Her timing still really digs at me - you couldn't have told me before we went on vacation?!

Anyway...the truth of the matter is - she was a great girl, but it would have been absolutely stupid of me to marry this girl. We were from completely different environments. The break up itself messed with my head for about a year (couldn't trust a thing for a long time), but I eventually met someone else and got back into the swing of things. It took a while, but 7 years later I met my wife and only then did I realize what a disaster the original girlfriend would have been.

Life goes on, and you have to trust yourself - you WILL find someone better.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 06:02 AM   #10
BigDawg
H.S. Freshman Team

Grow a set of balls dude ... what you need to do is go screw the next bitch you can get your hands on. The only way she comming back is if you act like you have no time for her. Their more important things to do than see her or talk to her. Make sure she knows you have no time to see or talk to her and that you have 2-3 other girls on the line. This will drive her completly nuts.
BigDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 09:27 AM   #11
SlapBone
High School JV

I'm with Franklinnoble, she's got someone else. When my first wife left, these were the same words she used.

I found out 2 months later that "Doesn't feel anything anymore" equaled sleeping with some dude she worked with for 2 months before she left me
SlapBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 09:31 AM   #12
SlapBone
High School JV

Dola... I said that to say this... if she is and evil demon it will be easier to get over. Give into your anger and hate, and don't listen to the guys that say not to go see her. You don't have to talk to her but you should follow her everywhere she goes, and remember, a restraining order is only a suggestion.

Add alcohol to the above suggestions for a more thorough experience.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:32 AM   #13
SlapBone
High School JV

Double Dola... My wife saw me writing this and she wants me to add the part about finding someone nice after a while when you get out of jail and the pain goes away
Old 03-19-2005, 09:33 AM   #14
Dutch
"Dutch"

It happens all the time, but sorry nonetheless. It sucks, but it will make you a better person in the end for dealing with it and moving on. The future is what matters anyway, not the past.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 05:56 PM   #15
MTD
n00b

Well if it consoles you in anyway, I heard the same thing from my wife of 10 years. "I just don't know if I love you anymore." I conviced her to go to marriage counseling (we had been happy until this), that cost thousands of dollars. We divorced anyway. Two months after I moved out and left all of my possesionsand signed the divorce papers, I find that . . . my wife decided she was gay and is shacked up with the local girls pe teacher.

After I put her through grad school, after I put off my career, after I moved to a BFE for her career. She left me for a fat lazy lesbian. Hopefully she is happy. Life sucks.

If your girl walked out . . . you move on. Find someone younger, richer, and better in bed. Oh and I stress the better in bed part.

Last edited by MTD : 03-19-2005 at 06:41 PM.
MTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 06:21 PM   #16
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

I was going to say something but after MTD, I got nothin.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 06:40 PM   #17
Franklinnoble
Banned

MTD is my hero.

Way to bring it, rook.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 07:11 PM   #18
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
MTD is my hero.

Way to bring it, rook.

I agree!
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 08:30 PM   #19
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:57 PM   #20
Karim
College Starter

MTD wins.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 08:59 PM   #21
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

women suck
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 09:22 PM   #22
bosshogg23