Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-19-2005, 01:38 PM   #1
Timster
n00b

FOF Trading Deadline

I just finished with the sim for week 5's game and noticed that the trade deadline in FOF happens at week 5's game? After looking at the real NFL trade deadline, Tuesday at 4:00pm following the week 6 Monday night game.

It appears that FOF needs to move their trade deadline up to the completion of the week 6 game rather then the completion of the week 5 games.

Does anyone know if this is being considered or if it has been discussed before?

Thanks for listening and any help you may be willing to offer, I'll be simming our week 6 game tomorrow night and there was actually two trades that needed to be processed that were put on hold because of this..

Thanks again,

Timmer
NFL Front Office Commish

Timster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 02:24 PM   #2
Cuckoo
College Starter

Come on, Timster. You're in the NAFL, and we came upon this last season with a lot of people thinking it was Week 6. I even added it to our rules.

Last edited by Cuckoo : 03-19-2005 at 02:25 PM.
Cuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 02:30 PM   #3
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Correct, FOF has its deadline at the start of week six instead of the end (which makes sense in a way since there are no 'days' in FOF, I suppose).
Old 03-19-2005, 02:36 PM   #4
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
Correct, FOF has its deadline at the start of week six instead of the end (which makes sense in a way since there are no 'days' in FOF, I suppose).

But he's going to say shouldn't the deadline be AFTER week 6 is simmed if it's that way in the NFL. Your explanation doesn't really make sense.

Regardless, you're a commissioner and should know what the deadline is in the game. Sucks to be those owners. If you're ever unsure about something, it's always best to test inside the game.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 03:52 PM   #5
Timster
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo
Come on, Timster. You're in the NAFL, and we came upon this last season with a lot of people thinking it was Week 6. I even added it to our rules.

I'm not claiming that this wasn't a known issue, I'm more interested in seeing this mirror the NFL so that the trade dead line is after the week 6 game sim and not the week 5 game sim.

The teams affected are okay with this as well, I was one of them but we can put it off until the off season with no major impact.

After watching the NFL for the last 20 years I've always had it in my head that the trade deadline was week 6 and being this is my first time as a commish crossing this I was more interested in seeing what kind of support there was in getting Jim Gindin to at least look at changing it?

Thanks again for your reply's..

Timmer
NFL Front Office Commish
Old 03-19-2005, 04:30 PM   #6
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timster
I'm not claiming that this wasn't a known issue, I'm more interested in seeing this mirror the NFL so that the trade dead line is after the week 6 game sim and not the week 5 game sim.

The teams affected are okay with this as well, I was one of them but we can put it off until the off season with no major impact.

After watching the NFL for the last 20 years I've always had it in my head that the trade deadline was week 6 and being this is my first time as a commish crossing this I was more interested in seeing what kind of support there was in getting Jim Gindin to at least look at changing it?

Thanks again for your reply's..

Timmer
NFL Front Office Commish

I agree with you completely, and I thought the same thing last season in the NAFL. I was just giving you a hard time.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:34 PM   #7
Timster
n00b

I figured as much.. ; - )

This game is a little different from this side of it, I was just checking to see if there was anything that could be done to tweak the game so we could gain the extra week??

Thank for the input and the jab.. I appreciate both of them.. LOL

Timmer
NFL Front Office Commish

Last edited by Timster : 03-19-2005 at 04:36 PM.