Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-08-2010, 05:01 AM   #201
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Wade has to get fired, right?

Surely he can't survive the week.

Peter King was calling for him to be fired in MMQB after last week's game, so I figure the calls get a lot louder after another debacle this week.
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:43 AM   #202
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

I get a kick out of all you Dallas haters. You guys are the funny. Makes going through these losses kind of worth it.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:59 AM   #203
miami_fan
Coordinator

Really, the best NFL coaches can do for a backup plan when the kicker gets hurt is a DT and WR? I am not saying that teams should waste a spot on a second kicker but come on. The punter should at least be able to put an extra point through and don't tell me that only one person can handle the placement of a FG attempt on a team. For all the planning teams do, this just seem like an area that could/should have a better backup plan.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:30 AM   #204
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker rocky View Post
It was the seventh of November, and all through the land... The Cowboys and Packers game was at hand. The Cowboys kept sucking, like they usually do... Brandon Jackson says they bit off, more than they could chew. Rodgers kept running, against this crappy D... the Cowboys kept letting him burn their crappy team. The Cowboys barely touched the freaking ball, as far as possessions, the Packers had them all.

Kitna, the veteran, sucks more than McGee. He loves to throw footballs, to the other team... This team is antique, so they say... they can't come off their stances, they can't find their way.

Even with amazing field position, they ruin the play. This is not their night, no this is not their day. It's Lambeau field, and the night is cold. This Dallas Cowboys Football team is growing old. The linemen are aging, and Kitna stinks. Way to let GB better their chances at rings. The Cowboys have lost, again and again. They were pummeled this time, and punched in the chins.

This was fantastic. Bravo
Old 11-08-2010, 07:37 AM   #205
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Interesting note in today's Post Gazette:

Ochocinco has never had a 100 yard receiving game against a defense coahced by Dick Lebeau.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:39 AM   #206
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
So, the Jets rough the kicker and hurt Jason Hanson. Nick Harris, the punter, is the holder, therefore can't kick, at least on short notice. So, who attempts the extra point?

Ndamukong Suh.

Hit the upright and missed, but goddamn if that isn't funny.

Okay, that is funny, but seriously? Nick Harris couldn't kick the extra point because they couldn't find someone else to catch the call and stick his finger on top of it? That job was too important, so might as well get someone else to kick it? That sounds completely insane to me.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:42 AM   #207
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Hey, Linehan and Schwartz, you dumbfucks. When the other team has no timeouts left and it's 3rd down inside two minutes and your backup QB is in, just run the fucking ball and run 40 seconds off the clock.

Fixed. I saw the play, but didn't realized Stafford was out then until someone told me later. Geez.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:50 AM   #208
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Really, the best NFL coaches can do for a backup plan when the kicker gets hurt is a DT and WR? I am not saying that teams should waste a spot on a second kicker but come on. The punter should at least be able to put an extra point through and don't tell me that only one person can handle the placement of a FG attempt on a team. For all the planning teams do, this just seem like an area that could/should have a better backup plan.

Right. I think it's pretty stupid to have the punter be the holder anyway -- I'd rather have a backup QB in there for fakes or in case something wacky happens.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:11 AM   #209
stevew
Hall Of Famer

It reminds me of when James Harrison had to long snap, and ended up contributing to a loss vs the Giants.

I'm saddened that Stafford keeps getting hurt. Stafford to CJ was going to be worth spending the next 5-10 thanksgivings with.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:16 AM   #210
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
I get a kick out of all you Dallas haters. You guys are the funny. Makes going through these losses kind of worth it.

I'm a Giants fan, I have to hate the.

I did root for the Rangers in the World Series FWIW.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:16 AM   #211
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Suh missing that extra point had to make someone lose a fantasy game.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:21 AM   #212
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think it would be awesome if the Cowboys lose next week, then win out to finish at 8-8 and get the 16th pick in the draft.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:57 AM   #213
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Suh missing that extra point had to make someone lose a fantasy game.

I wonder if he'll have K eligibility next week.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:21 AM   #214
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
i don't hate the cowboys. in fact after the marlins stuff i have a lot more respect for teams that reinvest in their franchise (and conversely a lot more suspicious of teams that are 'just scraping by')

that said they're the ultimate bandwagon team and easy to resent. doesn't a day go by when i don't see a car on the road with dueling cowboys/yankees bumper stickers.
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:44 AM   #215
Rizon
Pro Starter

Why not go for 2 points. I'd think your chances are better going for 2 instead of having someone named Suh try to kick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:48 AM   #216
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
Why not go for 2 points. I'd think your chances are better going for 2 instead of having someone named Suh try to kick.

Someone probably said the same thing about the name Igwebuike 25 or so years ago.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:12 AM   #217
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:

Absolutely and I thought the same thing.

I think having Suh kick was a bigger bonehead decision than giving Stanton the option to pass on 3rd down with under 2 minutes.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:18 AM   #218
molson
General Manager

They must have though he gave them a 90% chance or better. He wasn't thrown out there randomly, he is apparently the backup kicker and kicks extra points at practice.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:57 AM   #219
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
They must have though he gave them a 90% chance or better. He wasn't thrown out there randomly, he is apparently the backup kicker and kicks extra points at practice.

He played soccer in HS, iirc, and was supposedly pretty good.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:06 PM   #220
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Wasn't the kicker roughed on the XP attempt? Once you've made the attempt, can you change your mind and go for 2?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:10 PM   #221
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Wasn't the kicker roughed on the XP attempt? Once you've made the attempt, can you change your mind and go for 2?

I don't see why not. I mean, if the kick is blocked, but you managed to grab the ball and get it in the endzone, that counts as two.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:17 PM   #222
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Lots of hate in this forum. If its not Favre its the Cowboys, if its not the Cowboys it Moss, if its not Moss its the Pats, if its not the Pats its the Philly fans. I guess its much easier to kick someone when they are down.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:22 PM   #223
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Lots of hate in this forum. If its not Favre its the Cowboys, if its not the Cowboys it Moss, if its not Moss its the Pats, if its not the Pats its the Philly fans. I guess its much easier to kick someone when they are down.

If you think there is lots of hate on this forum you don't spend much time on the interwebs.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #224
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
If you think there is lots of hate on this forum you don't spend much time on the interwebs.

Yeah I probably should have worded that differently. Its actually a pretty decent place other than hearing Favre comments every Sunday and having HiFi around.

Point still remains though. The Raiders are looking as good as they have in 7-8 years and we'd rather talk about how crappy the Cowboys are.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:28 PM   #225
MikeVic
Head Coach

Raiders looking good in preseason.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #226
MikeVic
Head Coach

And what's the bigger story, cocky obnoxious Jerry Jones being served with a crappy team that should not be this crappy due to the talent they seemingly have? Or the Raiders doing decent, perhaps because they don't have JaMarcus there anymore?

The Cowboys were supposed to be a Super Bowl-contending team and right now they're one of the worst in the league. The Raiders have had decent defense the last few years I think and with an OK QB are winning a couple more games, but are not Super Bowl contenders. What's the bigger story?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #227
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
And what's the bigger story, cocky obnoxious Jerry Jones being served with a crappy team that should not be this crappy due to the talent they seemingly have? Or the Raiders doing decent, perhaps because they don't have JaMarcus there anymore?

The Cowboys were supposed to be a Super Bowl-contending team and right now they're one of the worst in the league. The Raiders have had decent defense the last few years I think and with an OK QB are winning a couple more games, but are not Super Bowl contenders. What's the bigger story?

Well considering how much bashing the Raiders have taken for the past 3-4 years Id almost say them being a decent team again is pretty amazing considering Al Davis is still alive.

The Cowboys being a Super Bowl contending team was on name value and experts predicting this. I watched them live get destoyed in the playoffs last year. Personally, I never thought they were a Super Bowl contender. I think the Cowboys are a bigger story because of their reputation more than anything. The 49ers were predicted to win their division yet we dont hear about them every week.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 11-08-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:42 PM   #228
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Old 11-08-2010, 01:02 PM   #229
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Also, it was on a FG attempt. Stafford ran it in from the 1 on the next play.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:02 PM   #230
SnowMan
High School Varsity

That doesn't look like Pete Carroll.....
SnowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:04 PM   #231
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post

For real...how did the Eagles fans not cheer a little louder when Collie was down? I am disappointed.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:16 PM   #232
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I love how everyone in the local media is singing the praises of a 'balanced offense' with the Bears today.

Uh, guys? Your RB's averaged 2.3 yards per carry. For 62 yards. Your QB had 40 yards rushing on his own. Against arguably the worst team in the league, certainly one of the worst rushing defenses in the league.

Quality running game this is not.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 11-08-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #233
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
I love how everyone in the local media is singing the praises of a 'balanced offense' with the Bears today.

Uh, guys? Your RB's averaged 2.3 yards per carry. For 62 yards. Your QB had 40 yards rushing on his own. Against arguably the worst team in the league, certainly one of the worst rushing defenses in the league.

These stats are balanced against Jay Cutler mind you
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:37 PM   #234
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post

But they scored from the 1!!

And it looks like they averaged 2.58 yards per carry.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:43 PM   #235
bronconick
College Starter

Supposedly Suh was making 35 yard field goals in the preseason when the offense and defense would have "kicking contests"

I think the bigger question to that would be "Why would the coach of the Detroit Lions think his team is good enough to waste practice time on kicking contests"?
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:44 PM   #236
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Listening to Pittsburgh radio station, saying Cowboys have called 5pm press conference. Not very shocking, but news nonetheless.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:54 PM   #237
flounder
High School Varsity

Yeah. Dallas media is reporting that Wade Phillips is out. If they could only fire their general manager, they might be on to something.
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:00 PM   #238
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Yep, word is that Phillips is out and Jason Garrett has been handed the reins. That leaves a hole at both coordinator spots, since CWP was the defensive coordinator as well.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:13 PM   #239
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think the bigger question to that would be "Why would the coach of the Detroit Lions think his team is good enough to waste practice time on kicking contests"?

You really think that is a bigger question? I don't think these kicking contests are anything new.. I could swear the Packers do something like this too.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 11-08-2010, 02:14 PM   #240
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Interesting turn of events, I guess Jerry figured he had to do something.

I don't think they get a big name coach in there unless JJ is willing to hand over control. An ego like Gruden can't occupy the same space as JJ.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:29 PM   #241
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
You really think that is a bigger question? I don't think these kicking contests are anything new.. I could swear the Packers do something like this too.

It is when it is the Lions. They can barely get out of their own way most of the time, so for them to waste time on offense/defense kicking contests is rather ridiculous. Kinda like Wade Phillips writing a how-to book about coaching in the NFL.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:32 PM   #242
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
It is when it is the Lions. They can barely get out of their own way most of the time, so for them to waste time on offense/defense kicking contests is rather ridiculous. Kinda like Wade Phillips writing a how-to book about coaching in the NFL.

I'm sure it didn't take away from actual time spent on other areas of practice. It's just something extra.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:33 PM   #243
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
They can barely get out of their own way most of the time, so for them to waste time on offense/defense kicking contests is rather ridiculous.

The Lions have done alot over the years that is questionable, but something that is probably done for fun at the tail end of practice? Whole lotta meh.. They were probably doing it for an extra hour of curfew or some other nonsense.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:36 PM   #244
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
The Lions have done alot over the years that is questionable...

If you were a Lions fan this would have been worded quite differently, and involved several crappy draft picks, an incompetent GM, and questionable coaching decisions.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:47 PM   #245
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Look at my screen name... what else am I supposed to be?

Plus when you add in the annoying bandwagon fans that team has it just makes it that much better to watch them flounder (and watch the bandwagon fans hide their Cowboys stuff).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:54 PM   #246
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
For real...how did the Eagles fans not cheer a little louder when Collie was down? I am disappointed.

Lousy call by the refs on that one....

Even worse call by whoever makes the call to show replays at the stadium; showing replays of that play while he was still on the ground. Replaying a controversial call at that time is not the way to go, IMHO. You've got a crowd that is upset by the bad call and then getting them more upset while the guy is on the ground is not really a good idea at that point.

Now the "Manning call" late in the game; while called correctly by the "letter of the law" it was still a pretty weak call (but I can't complain about the call as much as want the rules to change a little).
Old 11-08-2010, 02:56 PM   #247
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yep ESPN is reporting Wade is out and Jason Garrett in. Can Brad Childress be far behind?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #248
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I think it would be awesome if the Cowboys lose next week, then win out to finish at 8-8 and get the 16th pick in the draft.

You almost fooled me with that one and got me to +1 it. Maybe they can win next week and then lose two other games this season to finish 7-9 and still not get a top 10 pick.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:04 PM   #249
Rizon
Pro Starter

Hasn't Jason Garrett been groomed for this job for like the last 15 years?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote