Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-11-2024, 11:08 PM   #1
MrSixFour
n00b

Runtime Error When Loading Save

I accidentally advanced past day 1 of the draft and the CPU traded my 1st round pick away. I used Task Manager to close the application so I could close the game without saving and reload before my mess up. Now I'm stuck with a Runtime Error every time I try to load that save. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Visual C++, reinstalling the game, and verifying the file integrity to no success. Are there any ways to fix this or did I screw my 10+ year save for a first round pick?

The full error popup says this:
"Runtime Error!

Program: ...ront Office Football Nine\Front Office Football Nine.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

MrSixFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 06:06 AM   #2
Haiku
n00b

Your saved game is corrupted, I'm afraid. Next time, just disable 'Automatic save game when exiting application' you can find it in Global Settings (it is the first checkbox in the list). Then, you will be able to exit the game without saving by clicking the X in the upper right corner. However, you can always reload the last save by using 'Reload universe' without needing to close the application. (the second icon from the top on the sidebar).

I am backing up my save game from time to time. You can also do this once in a while, so you have a backup if the save becomes corrupted.
Navigate to: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football Nine\saved_games, select the game folder, and zip it.

Last edited by Haiku : 02-12-2024 at 06:25 AM.
Haiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 09:28 AM   #3
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Did you try to simply reload?

I get this often when I want to skip past a goof that hasn't been auto saved. What I do is click on the LOAD UNIVERSE button and choose the save file I'm playing. I get this message and the game crashes. Then I simply restart from the desk top icon and I'm good to go.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote