Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-07-2024, 11:58 AM   #1
HarrySaqIV
n00b

NC Conference Bug

I’m just noticing after running multiple sims that the NC conference (blue) has a disproportionate amount of bowl wins compared to the AC conference (red). My theory would be that this game is giving the NC team the home field advantage in the Superbowl. Does anyone else notice this with their saves or I’m just extremely unlucky? Thanks!

HarrySaqIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 02:58 PM   #2
bblom23
n00b

In my current save, I just finished my 11th season. NC has 6 bowls to AC's 5. AC has won the last 3 in a row.
bblom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 05:04 PM   #3
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Heh. I think he's on to something. I have three 100-year sims saved. I just checked. 62, 65, and 66 wins for the NFC out of 100 bowls. And yeah, in every bowl that I clicked on, the NFC team is the bottom/home team.
Old 02-07-2024, 05:19 PM   #4
bblom23
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Heh. I think he's on to something. I have three 100-year sims saved. I just checked. 62, 65, and 66 wins for the NFC out of 100 bowls. And yeah, in every bowl that I clicked on, the NFC team is the bottom/home team.

Do you think it matters who's listed at the bottom if it's at a neutral site? Although, your numbers do raise that question.
bblom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 05:48 PM   #5
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

If Jim simply forgot to remove the hfa factor for the bowl, it seems logical that the bottom team would be the home team getting the advantage.
Old 02-07-2024, 08:45 PM   #6
HarrySaqIV
n00b

Yep. I just ran 8 more sims of 50+ years and the AFC conference never led the two conferences in bowl wins. I hope they can fix this soon
Old 02-08-2024, 04:21 AM   #7
Haiku
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrySaqIV View Post
Yep. I just ran 8 more sims of 50+ years and the AFC conference never led the two conferences in bowl wins. I hope they can fix this soon

Please don't forget to report to customersupport [at] solecismic.com
Haiku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 04:10 PM   #8
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Hopefully this gets fast-tracked. It's a pretty significant issue. Anything that messes with the integrity of an entire season's result is significant.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 07:42 AM   #9
Dutch
"Dutch"

9-4 in favor of the NFC in my current league. Just to add to the sample size.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 06:56 PM   #10
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I'm seeing some in-balance in the Bowl results as well so wanted to give this a bump. Would be nice to know if it is working as intended or not.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 12:00 PM   #11
henry296
College Starter

Since as an AFC team, I just lost 2 in a row, I'll add my complaints. Checked that career it is around 62 out 96 years won by NFC if I counted correctly.

Did someone report it?
Old 02-23-2024, 02:40 PM   #12
HarrySaqIV
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
Since as an AFC team, I just lost 2 in a row, I'll add my complaints. Checked that career it is around 62 out 96 years won by NFC if I counted correctly.

Did someone report it?

I reported it twice as well as posted about it on it’s Steam discussion to get it some more attention within the community. It’s disappointing to be checking every day to see if there’s a hotfix and finding nothing. They don’t seem to be worrying about it too much. You’d think that something that compromises the integrity of the game to this degree would get fast tracked and hot fixed. I really don’t understand the delay here. I just want to religiously play this game again