Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-20-2004, 12:32 AM   #401
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Ah, Strader. He's not bad, but he's just a little dry to me. Okay, time to gear up for another Game 7 tomorrow.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:32 AM   #402
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj
Damn!! Walk away from the TV for TWO seconds and miss the goal!!

I don't know how long you've been watching hockey, but shouldn't you know better than that?
Old 04-20-2004, 12:34 AM   #403
MikeVic
Head Coach

I went to brush my teeth!! Whatever happened to intermission? I don't think I was gone for thaa long. I come back, and they're interviewing Iginla and the Kirpusoff... I was thinking: "shouldn't these guys be listening to their coach right now?"

lol.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:36 AM   #404
chrisj
H.S. Freshman Team

Location: Edmonton, Alberta (but still wishing I was in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada)
Heh. Yeah, I should have known, but I had to run out for a couple seconds... after triple OT last time, thought we'd be in for another long night.
chrisj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:37 AM   #405
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Brushing teeth between periods? Running out for a couple of seconds? You guys deserved to miss it!!
Old 04-20-2004, 12:40 AM   #406
chrisj
H.S. Freshman Team

Location: Edmonton, Alberta (but still wishing I was in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g
dumb, dumb penalty to jovanoski....ref let the 1st 2 cross checks go....but they tied it...cant beleive it...I think the Flames will score before the jovo penalty is over....

A good call.
chrisj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:48 AM   #407
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Everyone I know cheers for overtimes in the playoffs. Not only is it so exciting but there's no commercial breaks and just intermission

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 01:10 AM   #408
bbor
Pro Starter

I got the fridge for a beer and back and did'nt miss the goal

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 01:24 AM   #409
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I think most Leaf fans would agree that the Toronto/Detroit series from the 92/93 season was better then this...

Bullshit. That was a horrible series. Terrible. It was a shit that series. Nikolai Borchevsky my ass.

No stop speaking nonsense and go back to that fantasy world of yours where the Red Wings are perenial bottom-dwellers.

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 04-20-2004 at 01:32 AM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 01:26 AM   #410
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Kiprusoff scares me. He terrifies me. So does Iginla.

I want my mommy....

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 04-20-2004 at 01:27 AM.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:27 AM   #411
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Bullshit. That was a horrible series. Terrible. It was a shit that series. Nikolai Borchevsky my ass.

LMA O

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:28 AM   #412
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Good thing Calgary and Montreal won. That puts me at 2-2 for series in the West and if Toronto wins I'll be 3-1 in the East!

Go Leafs. Nikolai Borchevsky still sucks.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:59 AM   #413
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Kiprusoff scares me. He terrifies me. So does Iginla.

I want my mommy....

Oh, quit yer bellyachin'. You're happy to see a worn out team with only four healthy NHL-caliber defensemen and already looking at the conference finals.

SI

Old 04-20-2004, 03:20 AM   #414
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

After reading some posts here about Danton and David Frost, I immediately assumed that Frost was the "acquaintance" that was the target of the hit. It all seemed to make sense. Based on what I read about the bizarro Frost-Danton relationship Frost would certainly be someone who would know pretty much everything about Danton and could, possibly, ruin his career and the "don't leave me" thing makes perfect sense (not in a homosexual way as some proposed). The other bit of evidence was when the girl and the "hitman" went to Danton's apartment and talked with the "target." The target said he was Danton's father. So, presumably, the target was a bit older.

I am sure it will all come out sooner or later, but the story remains a sad and bizzare one.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:02 AM   #415
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I ended up staying up to watch the game last night. mostly because the woman in the pink top sitting behind the Canucks bench had a captivating set of tits.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:15 AM   #416
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Sounds like a great game, I would have loved to stay up for it were it not for the fact I have to wake up at 3:30 every morning.

I think in the West, the two series should both go at least 6 games. I see the Wings winning in six or seven, and I see the Avs knocking off the Sharks in seven, setting up what could be the last classic Detroit-Colorado series for a while.

And tonight I see the Leafs knocking off the Sens 3-1.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 08:18 AM   #417
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Good for Calgary!
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 08:30 AM   #418
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor
Jordan Leopold has been the best D-man i've seen in this series.Kid is solid

Jordan is very solid! The former University of Minnesota captain has a National Championship ring and a Hobey Baker award on his resume already, I think you will see NHL All-Star added next year and hopefully a Stanley Cup sometime in the future.

The Gophers are spitting out some top flight talent, Paul Martin logged a ton of ice time for the Devils this year and Keith Ballard is going to be a very good offensive minded D-man for Phoenix in the near future.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:40 AM   #419
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
That was a great game seven, but I'm not sure I'd call it a great series. The first two games were blowouts as was game six, the next two were good but not great. The two OT games were fantastic drama, but overall the series was hit-and-miss.

I'm not really sure which Leaf series I call the best... the Blues series in 93 started off with two of the best games you'll ever see (the twin double-OT shootouts) but then came back to earth. Come to think of it, the Flyers series last year was as good as I'd seen until the anti-climactic game seven blowout.

Agreed with whoever brought up the Flames/Canucks series in 1994, though. That was incredible.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:58 AM   #420
Simms
FOBL Commish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
I ended up staying up to watch the game last night. mostly because the woman in the pink top sitting behind the Canucks bench had a captivating set of tits.
I knew I couldn't have been the only one noticing that there were a *lot* of shots of Marc Crawford during the 3rd period last night.

Any of the T.O. crowd going to the MOJO tailgate tonight for the game? I'm hoping to make it down there after work....just gotta find someone to take the kids off our hands.

Last edited by Simms : 04-20-2004 at 08:59 AM.
Simms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 10:10 AM   #421
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst2112
Just my thoughts:

Tampa in 6
Boston in 5
New Jersey in 6
Ottawa in 7

Detroit in 5
San Jose in 4
Calgary in 6 (long shot)
Colorado in 6

Minus the games (always hard) I got the west right. The east was tough with the NJ/PHI series. Also, not too many people guessed the BOS/MTL series correct.
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 10:23 AM   #422
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I had Montreal right, but I also picked the Devils, Blues and Canucks. Also the Leafs, which may not happen.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:54 AM   #423
bbor
Pro Starter

Sundin skated n full equipment this morning...as did Nolan.....Nolan is a definate no go...Sundin is very doubtful.

Could be a Pat Quinn ruse though

It will either be a 2-1 1-0 leaf win...or a 5-0 6-0 Sens win...depending on Belfour

The last game 7 the leafs were in they lost to Philly 7-1...ouch

Old 04-20-2004, 10:56 AM   #424
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
The last game 7 the leafs were in they lost to Philly 7-1...ouch
It was 6-1, dammit. Somehow in the last year a goal has been added to that game.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:14 AM   #425
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
It was 6-1, dammit. Somehow in the last year a goal has been added to that game.

It just felt like 7-1...after the 1st period

Old 04-20-2004, 12:10 PM   #426
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
That was a great game seven, but I'm not sure I'd call it a great series. The first two games were blowouts as was game six, the next two were good but not great. The two OT games were fantastic drama, but overall the series was hit-and-miss.

I'm not really sure which Leaf series I call the best... the Blues series in 93 started off with two of the best games you'll ever see (the twin double-OT shootouts) but then came back to earth. Come to think of it, the Flyers series last year was as good as I'd seen until the anti-climactic game seven blowout.

Agreed with whoever brought up the Flames/Canucks series in 1994, though. That was incredible.

I only say this was the best series I ever saw, because it was my first taste of playoff success being a Leaf fan....I was only 13.....I remember the Leafs getting to the 2nd round in 87, being up 3-1 to Detroit that year and loosing.....but I cant say I remember any details.......GILMOUR....TO BOBBY ROUSE....SHOT SCORES!!!!!!!!.....NIKOLAI BORCHSEVSKY....LEAFS WIN...LEAFS WIN.....
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:16 PM   #427
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I only say this was the best series I ever saw, because it was my first taste of playoff success being a Leaf fan....I was only 13.....I remember the Leafs getting to the 2nd round in 87, being up 3-1 to Detroit that year and loosing.....but I cant say I remember any details.......GILMOUR....TO BOBBY ROUSE....SHOT SCORES!!!!!!!!.....NIKOLAI BORCHSEVSKY....LEAFS WIN...LEAFS WIN.....

I've said it once. I'll say it again. Enough with this fucking Nikola Fucking Borchsevsky. Now take this nonsense back to that horrible, little fantasy world you created where the Wings finish second to last over and over and over and over....

I think this was the series that I officially burned my "lucky" Red Wings socks.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:19 PM   #428
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
I've said it once. I'll say it again. Enough with this fucking Nikola Fucking Borchsevsky.
He only gave you the Joe Bowen call. Would you like me to pitch in with the Bob Cole, too?

(Yes, Leafs fans really do have stuff like this memorized.)
Old 04-20-2004, 12:26 PM   #429
Simms
FOBL Commish

Quote:
He only gave you the Joe Bowen call.

Was that in his pre-"Holy Mackinaw!" days?

The 7-1 pasting at the hands of the Flyers was the first time they met this season.

And as revered as Borschevsky is for '93, we mustn't forget Mike Foligno's OT winner in game 5, too. I've never seen a hockey player jump so high on skates in my life.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:30 PM   #430
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
He only gave you the Joe Bowen call. Would you like me to pitch in with the Bob Cole, too?

(Yes, Leafs fans really do have stuff like this memorized.)

I was listening to Bob Cole at the time. Though, I pretty much repressed the entire affair. I was glad to see that the punk Borchevsky never went on to do anything else in his career. A fitting punishment for such an evil deed.

It was a horrible night. My hockey watching buddies got invited to the game by some third party, so I was basically stuck watching it alone. Granted, it was better than seeing it live, but it was horrible.

It was only to be topped in the the following year, when the Wings got beat by the Sharks. That was the darkest point of my hockey fandom. I was depressed for days. I worked at sporting goods store at the time and refused to touch any merchandise that carried the Sharks logo. I actually banned hockey for a good seven or so months (aided by the strike, of course). So angry. So very, very angry...
Old 04-20-2004, 12:36 PM   #431
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
It was only to be topped in the the following year, when the Wings got beat by the Sharks. That was the darkest point of my hockey fandom. I was depressed for days. I worked at sporting goods store at the time and refused to touch any merchandise that carried the Sharks logo. I actually banned hockey for a good seven or so months (aided by the strike, of course). So angry. So very, very angry...
Oh shut up. You got your Cups. Your pain and suffering are null and void.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:36 PM   #432
Simms
FOBL Commish

Amen.

Wings fans aren't allowed to whine for another 35 years.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:42 PM   #433
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

(Although I do have far more respect for the suffering Wings fan than, say, the Stars or Avs fan who got their Cup before they even realized they had a team.)
Old 04-20-2004, 12:44 PM   #434
Johnny93g
College Starter

ESPN Classic Canada showed that Detroit/Toronto game 7....and that game is truly one of the greatest games....if not THE greatest hockey game I have ever seen....It's a shame the Wings and Leafs have not met in the playoffs since.......
CLARK....INFRONT OF THE NET......FOLINGO....SCORES!!!!!!!.....MICHAEL FOLINGO HAS SCORED FOR TORONTO.......
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:46 PM   #435
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
(Although I do have far more respect for the suffering Wings fan than, say, the Stars or Avs fan who got their Cup before they even realized they had a team.)

I'm not going to say anything that I will regret, but you are wrong. So very, very wrong.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:47 PM   #436
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Dola...

I'm actually very disappointed by that, Maple Leafs.

Old 04-20-2004, 12:52 PM   #437
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Oh shut up. You got your Cups. Your pain and suffering are null and void.

Yeah, yeah. All right... But at the time it had been so long... So very, very long. It's the old wounds that are most painful.

Since then, however, things haven't been too bad.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:52 PM   #438
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71
I'm actually very disappointed by that, Maple Leafs.
Don't be. It's bitterness and jealousy, and I don't mind admitting that.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:58 PM   #439
bbor
Pro Starter

A few things....

The Foligno "hop" goal was actually scored off his ass.

Nicky now coaches triple 'A' hockey in Toronto ...and runs a strength and conditioning for hockey gym and he also runs various hockey schools.

Did'nt Nicky play for the wings near the end of his career?

Old 04-20-2004, 01:04 PM   #440
bbor
Pro Starter

Dola...Leafs fans rejoice.....No Kerry Fraser tonight....we get Van massenhoven and Pollack.

Not exactly a veteran crew.

Old 04-20-2004, 01:10 PM   #441
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
A few things....

Nicky now coaches triple 'A' hockey in Toronto ...and runs a strength and conditioning for hockey gym and he also runs various hockey schools.

No, "Nicky" never played with the Wings. Last I ever heard of him he was playing for Calgary.

Good to know he's still around.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:22 PM   #442
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Don't be. It's bitterness and jealousy, and I don't mind admitting that.

But that particular argument is so much less than I expect(ed) from you. I'm happy that you understand where you bigotry comes from, but that doesn't excuse it.
It sort of stunned to hear someone I considered a very knowledgeable person to say something so crass.

Now I know better.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:24 PM   #443
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
No, "Nicky" never played with the Wings. Last I ever heard of him he was playing for Calgary.

Good to know he's still around.

Who is this guy? Is he the same? He played for Detroit.

EDIT: Thanks for the correction. I wasn't familiar with the history seeing as how I became a Wings fan the year after.

Last edited by Hurst2112 : 04-20-2004 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:25 PM   #444
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:

Foligno actually did the hop on all his (infrequent) goals. The OT goal against the Wings, however, was a wrist shot from the slot.

I want to meet the people who need strength and conditioning advice from Nik Borschevsky.

He never did play for the Wings, but I think he did get a season in with the Stars at the end.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:31 PM   #445
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71
But that particular argument is so much less than I expect(ed) from you. I'm happy that you understand where you bigotry comes from, but that doesn't excuse it.
I think you're reading more into my post than was intended. I was referring to Stars and Avs fans understanding what it means to suffer with a team without a championship (like Leafs fans, or Wings fans). It wasn't meant as some larger comment on southern hockey fans.

Last edited by Maple Leafs : 04-20-2004 at 01:31 PM.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 01:33 PM   #446
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
I think you're reading more into my post than was intended. I was referring to Stars and Avs fans understanding what it means to suffer with a team without a championship (like Leafs fans, or Wings fans). It wasn't meant as some larger comment on southern hockey fans.

Thanks for the clarification. I misunderstood your post, and your explination definately changes the entire tone of the exchange. My apologies.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:37 PM   #447
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, yeah. All right... But at the time it had been so long... So very, very long. It's the old wounds that are most painful.

And a hearty "BITE ME" goes up from the rest of the crowd. Oh, boo hoo. You won a Stanley Cup with Osgood in the net, you used up all your karma and then some.

SI

Old 04-20-2004, 01:59 PM   #448
bbor
Pro Starter

Wow!...The Wings lose a prospect to retirement....I think this guy was a big part of their future too....any comment HB?Is this gonna hurt them?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1785677

Old 04-20-2004, 02:02 PM   #449
bbor
Pro Starter

Dola..No one has mentioned Pat Burns and his battle with cancer.

I wonder why?

Old 04-20-2004, 02:04 PM   #450
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Wow!...The Wings lose a prospect to retirement....I think this guy was a big part of their future too....any comment HB?Is this gonna hurt them?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1785677

Shit! He was mortal. Guess I lost the bet.