Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-08-2008, 10:18 PM   #701
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
mccollins, I just went looking for the phasers stuff and it looks like you are 100% correct. I could have sworn I read about 3 phasers earlier. Maybe I ran across the "3 shot phasers" I carry or something stupid like that? Bizarre - sorry if I was involved with starting confusion on this point instead of just following along with what someone else posted.
The 3 players who were given phasers for the night have them.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:18 PM   #702
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
If it makes you feel better, I think the scientists are important on those away missions.

But I'm also the kind of guy who doesn't have the heart to weed out a perfectly growing plant in my garden to give the other plants some breathing room. There's no way I could've been the Water Master.
It's so good I didn't know this in advance. I so would have made you the Galley Master.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:19 PM   #703
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I'd like everyone to know that since I fixed the Security HQ early today, I spent some time working on a robot. At this point, he is able to recognize certain situations and show some level of interaction with the crew.

Interesting...
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:27 PM   #704
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
It's so good I didn't know this in advance. I so would have made you the Galley Master.

Haha - trainer / teacher actually fits really well with my RL also !!
Old 07-08-2008, 10:28 PM   #705
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Wow, just sickening to see how many players still have less posts than me (5 now). Here is the group below new UTR level:

Poli (4)
bulletsponge (3)
st.cronin (3)
Marc Vaughan (2)

Because I'm probably not the only one confused: Poli isn't playing, right?
Old 07-08-2008, 10:31 PM   #706
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Neither Poli nor cronin are playing at the moment.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 07-08-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:33 PM   #707
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Because I'm probably not the only one confused: Poli isn't playing, right?

Correct, he's just an interloper :P
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:33 PM   #708
Tyrith
College Starter

Chief Rum is also not playing.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:40 PM   #709
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Chief Rum is also not playing.

Hahahah I missed that too

Ok, can anyone suggest what this part means:
Quote:
Neither Poli nor cronin are playing at the moment.

In the context of previous games? I thought I had seen the possibility of players coming into the game later hinted at earlier (or in the signup thread or something).
Old 07-08-2008, 10:43 PM   #710
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hahahah I missed that too

Ok, can anyone suggest what this part means:

In the context of previous games? I thought I had seen the possibility of players coming into the game later hinted at earlier (or in the signup thread or something).

I mentioned it earlier.. I didn't go into too much detail as I don't want to ruin the story line or any suprises that BK might have for us..

I simply said that I wouldn't be suprised to see Lathum (or a smaller possibility of St.Cronin) appear at some point in the game with a particular role. Nothing that can be voted for in execution or whatnot however.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:55 PM   #711
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
BTW, 550 posts through day 1, THIS is what WW is supposed to be like

Don't tell anyone, they'll take away the post counts.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:00 PM   #712
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
My thinking on Pass:

First, we discussed putting Alan in the brig at one time. I even suggested it might be a good idea (and so far I'm the only cleared villager), so I don't hold that against him too much.

Also, the only way it makes sense for Pass to maliciously put Alan in the brig is if Path (the doc) or Alan (captain) is a Spawn and could turn the other one (or me, but I'm less important). If a Spawn is currently in a position of such power such as the captain or the doctor, don't you think they'd lay low and try to use their public role to affect the game instead of riskin gouting themselves by trying to convert someone in the brig?

So I don't think Pass did anytihng to intentionally hurt our cause.

I see this is just above the results which I haven't seen yet, so this might be proved wrong -- but my problem with what Pass did is this: if he is a spawn, he might be able to enter the brig during the night (I don't know if this is possible or not, but I don't see why it wouldn't be) or allow someone else to. I know myself and KWhit are good currently, and it makes sense that the captain would start out good too, so it's not KWhit or Alan that I'm as worried about (though I prefer caution in this game on these matters, we've been a little easy with the trust lately IMO) as the fact that a bad jailer has three people at his whim.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:04 PM   #713
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Room Reports
Engine Room – Damaged 7 man cycles to repair
Water Plant – Damaged (Non Operational) 6 cycles to repair
Cargo Hold - Damaged 2 man cycles to repair (Maximum Capacity: 125 units)
Water Supply – 87 units (Enough reserves for a little less than 4 days at current consumption)
Crystilium Supply – 16 units (at least 75 required)
Security Headquarters Damaged (Non Operational) 3 man cycles to repair
Brig – Empty
Weapons Locker – 5 phasers

Slave Pens – Damaged 5 man cycles to repair
Sleeping Quarters – Damaged. 12 berths requiring repair (enough berths for 11 people to sleep)

Wow. That's about as bad as it gets this early.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:09 PM   #714
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I was also wounded by a slave, I'll have some decisions on who to heal tomorrow, will have to coordinate with you path but I imagine you might be examining.

Yeah, I need to go back and check the ramifications of wounded besides the added vulnerability before deciding about actions.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:09 PM   #715
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Fam is out of town so I hopped on for a quick check. Looks like it's a good thing I did.

I'm currently set to repair the slave pens, someone let me know in the next 30ish minutes if that needs to change to the Security HQ
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:14 PM   #716
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
*hides in the corner*

grow a set ya big baby! me, ill be struting around hoping some spawn try to convert me so i can kick thier ass. or get converted. just give me something to do, being a private sucks
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:15 PM   #717
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Fam is out of town so I hopped on for a quick check. Looks like it's a good thing I did.

I'm currently set to repair the slave pens, someone let me know in the next 30ish minutes if that needs to change to the Security HQ

You do not need to work on the Security HQ. PurdueBrad announced that he is on it (with Tyrith) and that is the 3 necessary man cycles.

BK mentioned that day actions happen immediately, but night actions happen at the morning deadline. However, perhaps we can still now take advantage of the fixed Security HQ? I guess that just means the brig and the 12 secure bunks since the slave pen will need to be fixed (even though it could now be secured).
Old 07-08-2008, 11:16 PM   #718
path12
Coordinator

Wounds take two solid undisturbed nights to heal, BTW. Healing might be more of a priority than I was thinking. Hmmm.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:21 PM   #719
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Wounds take two solid undisturbed nights to heal, BTW. Healing might be more of a priority than I was thinking. Hmmm.

You can cure two of the wounds in the morning, right?
Quote:
Cure Wound Day Only This will change a person’s status from Wounded to normal (see Status below). 1 AP

You wouldn't get to scan anyone, but since these wounds are from the slave revolt, perhaps it's just an aberration on the level of wounding we'd expect?
Old 07-08-2008, 11:23 PM   #720
Tyrith
College Starter

Figure some of our wounded people will get offed by the wolves. I would agree that this is likely an aberration; we couldn't realistically sustain this much damage daily along with the spawn and ever make it.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:39 PM   #721
hoopsguy
General Manager

Was there a way for us to be able to both have our security room functional and to avoid the slave revolt? I think we used all engineers on the security room?

If so, then we were going to be yielding an edge to the wolves tonight one way or another. I'm kind of surprised to find ourselves in this position when we opted for the safe, low-risk landing (I am remembering this correctly, right?) instead of the high-risk, high-reward option.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:44 PM   #722
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Was there a way for us to be able to both have our security room functional and to avoid the slave revolt? I think we used all engineers on the security room?

If so, then we were going to be yielding an edge to the wolves tonight one way or another. I'm kind of surprised to find ourselves in this position when we opted for the safe, low-risk landing (I am remembering this correctly, right?) instead of the high-risk, high-reward option.

The only thing i can think of is that we just got a very unlucky dice role with the slave revolt or something. Last game we had more damage for longer and this didn't happen like this I don't believe. We would have had it fixed tonight and been fine.. With only 2 man hours of damage to it, I'm guessing we rolled the spawn-game equivalent of snake eyes
Old 07-08-2008, 11:45 PM   #723
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

As cruel as it sounds, I think scanning for spawn is more important than healing if having to choose between the two. With you as our only doctor, I think we need you to keep hunting for spawn and let jackal take care of the healing for now.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:51 PM   #724
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
The only thing i can think of is that we just got a very unlucky dice role with the slave revolt or something. Last game we had more damage for longer and this didn't happen like this I don't believe. We would have had it fixed tonight and been fine.. With only 2 man hours of damage to it, I'm guessing we rolled the spawn-game equivalent of snake eyes

The other option that I've got rummaging around in my head is that BK made some tweaks to the overall system and decided to give us more environment issues with fewer starting spawn. I would give this idea a little more thought if we hadn't seen the Day 1 message mention three spawn ...
Old 07-09-2008, 12:05 AM   #725
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
The other option that I've got rummaging around in my head is that BK made some tweaks to the overall system and decided to give us more environment issues with fewer starting spawn. I would give this idea a little more thought if we hadn't seen the Day 1 message mention three spawn ...

We picked the start more likely to break the ship, but with less spawnling activity, so this is the kind of situation we were looking at.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:51 AM   #726
Schmidty
Coordinator

Back at work after a nice few hours of sleep.

Believe this or not: I literally don't remember most of the posts I made. I remember being exhausted and mad, but that's it. Weird/

Back to the game.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:56 AM   #727
Schmidty
Coordinator

You want to know what's even more weird? The number I gave out was my home phone. Obviously, I'll be deleting that, and asking BK to delete from other threads.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:00 AM   #728
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I see this is just above the results which I haven't seen yet, so this might be proved wrong -- but my problem with what Pass did is this: if he is a spawn, he might be able to enter the brig during the night (I don't know if this is possible or not, but I don't see why it wouldn't be) or allow someone else to. I know myself and KWhit are good currently, and it makes sense that the captain would start out good too, so it's not KWhit or Alan that I'm as worried about (though I prefer caution in this game on these matters, we've been a little easy with the trust lately IMO) as the fact that a bad jailer has three people at his whim.

I can put myself in there, and if I had, my name would have been with you three, but I can't go in and out at will like that. FYI.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:45 AM   #729
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
As cruel as it sounds, I think scanning for spawn is more important than healing if having to choose between the two. With you as our only doctor, I think we need you to keep hunting for spawn and let jackal take care of the healing for now.

I'm in agreement with this. Scanning seems more important to me. Plus people can become healed after two nights of sleep so we may not need the doctor and medic to handle them all personally.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:49 AM   #730
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

we can alos have one of our extra officers make more medics... not sure thats a good idea tho

we jus tneed to decide how many privates we want to go on missions every day cuz were not good for much more

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:09 AM   #731
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
we can alos have one of our extra officers make more medics... not sure thats a good idea tho

we jus tneed to decide how many privates we want to go on missions every day cuz were not good for much more

Privates aren't the only people who can go on missions. They usually are the ones that go though because they wear the red shirts.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:12 AM   #732
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 07:38 AM   #733
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

If anyone out there is the duplicant (no idea if there even is one).. it might not be a bad idea to take on the role of the doctor for a day and scan Path... Since once you use it, it is gone it would be a 1 time seer ability to help validate Path. Up to you though if you feel it is worth the risk that you might die before using it later, or have some other way you think is better to use it.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:41 AM   #734
mccollins
College Prospect

Aren't scans more useful later in the game as opposed to Day 2?
Old 07-09-2008, 07:44 AM   #735
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

While on the subject of secret roles.. I'm trying to think, that there has to be some way we could use the gut-feeling ability to our advantage too...

The math just keeps coming back to me saying unless we get lucky the odds are we'll spend alot of time on it with no real rewards...
Old 07-09-2008, 07:45 AM   #736
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I can see wanting to scan the guy that is our public scanner though, seeing as though if he is bad, he could just be spewing bad information the whole time (and crippling us from the start)
Old 07-09-2008, 07:46 AM   #737
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Aren't scans more useful later in the game as opposed to Day 2?

That was what I said.. up to them if they wanted to take the risk that they might die before using it (or become spawn themselves)...

In a game with alot of conversions, scans are more important the further you go.. but in this game we have the ability to create more seers as we go too if we need to.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:20 AM   #738
hoopsguy
General Manager

Was hoping that there might be some kind of results before I had to cut out for the morning. I should be around by mid-afternoon. Hopefully there is some good news awaiting us.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:00 AM   #739
Barkeep49
Coordinator

It's not a good night. There aren't enough places to sleep, and that only gets worse in the morning after you see further damage done to the sleeping quarters by the slaves. Tyrith and Purduebrad work hard on repairing the Security HQ, where Pass can also be seen, while Danny and jeheinz try to get the slave pens back in order. Hoops, Mrs. Schmidty, and oliegirl are all seen lurking near one place or another in the sleeping quarters, and Schmidty can be seen standing guard outside the Water Plant. Yesterday was not a good day, but today is a new day and perhaps it will go better. It's already a little better when two Slave bodies are discovered.

Room Reports
Engine Room – Damaged 8 man cycles to repair
Water Plant – Damaged (Non Operational) 6 cycles to repair
Cargo Hold - Damaged 3 man cycles to repair (Maximum Capacity: 125 units)
Water Supply – 87 units (Enough reserves for a little less than 4 days at current consumption)
Crystilium Supply – 16 units (at least 75 required)
Security Headquarters Operational (Undamaged)
Brig – Empty
Weapons Locker – 3 unspent phasers (2 spent)

Slave Pens – Damaged 3 man cycles to repair
Sleeping Quarters – Damaged. 18 berths requiring repair (enough berths for 5 people to sleep)

The Crew

Command Staff
Captain - Alan T
First Officer – Kwhit Wounded
Second Officer - Render Exhuasted
Security Chief - Hoopsguy Exhuasted
Ensign - Telle

Chief Engineer - Tyrith Exhuasted

Engineers
PurdueBrad Exhuasted
Danny Wounded & Exhuasted
JeHeinz72 Exhuasted

Trainer - mccollins

Medical Staff
Doctor - path12 Wounded
Medic - The Jackal Wounded

Security Staff
Sergeant at Arms - oliegirl Exhuasted
Warden - Passacagalia Exhuasted
Galley Master - Schmidty Exhuasted
Slavemaster - Saldana
Security Crewman - Mrs. Schmidty ExhuastedWounded

Scientists

LoneStarGirl
PackerFanatic Wounded & Exhuasted

Privates

Claphamsa
Marc Vaughn
Chubby Wounded
bulletsponge Exhuasted

Slaves
2 slaves dead
18 slaves unaccounted for

Night PMs will be going out after this as fast as I can send them.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 07-09-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:03 AM   #740
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Well nobody died, so we got that going for us.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:05 AM   #741
Tyrith
College Starter

Oh darnit, COME ON, REPAIR YOU STUPID SECURITY HQ.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:06 AM   #742
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

more wounded and lots of exhausted! booo

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:07 AM   #743
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

anyone else worried about wateR? we have enough for 4 days.... and its gonna take a while to fix the plant, and even when fixed it wont produce enough fro all of us............

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:08 AM   #744
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I guess we need Tyrith + 1 other engineer on the Security HQ this morning and the rest starting on the slave pens? We also probably want to know why Render, Packerfanatic and bulletsponge are exhausted this morning, what action did you do last night?
Old 07-09-2008, 09:08 AM   #745
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
anyone else worried about wateR? we have enough for 4 days.... and its gonna take a while to fix the plant, and even when fixed it wont produce enough fro all of us............

We have more than it seems like; some of us will be dead by then.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:08 AM   #746
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Well nobody died, so we got that going for us.

Oh damn it, I say that and I get wounded, haha.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:09 AM   #747
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
I guess we need Tyrith + 1 other engineer on the Security HQ this morning and the rest starting on the slave pens? We also probably want to know why Render, Packerfanatic and bulletsponge are exhausted this morning, what action did you do last night?

I slept - or at least I attempted to. I imagine I was in a bed that got damaged or something?
Old 07-09-2008, 09:12 AM   #748
Tyrith
College Starter

Hey, look, it's a mod edit!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:14 AM   #749
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I made a few changes to the Day 2 post as I'd forgotten that the Security HQ and Water plant were guarded, thus they didn't take any more slave damage. I also have clarified the phaser situation.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:14 AM   #750
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Yeah, beds were already taken by the time I got there.