Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-15-2006, 12:03 AM   #1
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I'd like some chicklets and can you break a billion?

hxxp://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060315/us_nm/billion_dc

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The counterfeit money looked good, but there was one flaw. There's no such thing as a one billion dollar bill.

U.S. Customs agents in California said on Tuesday they had found 250 bogus billion dollar bills while investigating a man charged with currency smuggling.

Tekle Zigetta, 45, pleaded guilty to three federal counts of trying to bring cash, phony bills and a fake $100,000 gold certificate into the United States in January.

Further investigation led agents to a West Hollywood apartment where they found the stash of yellowing and wrinkled one billion dollar bills with an issue date of 1934 and bearing a picture of President Grover Cleveland.

"You would think the $1 billion denomination would be a giveaway that these notes are fake, but some people are still taken in," said James Todak, a secret services agent involved in the probe
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...

Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:12 AM   #2
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

dola..

Actually, just today, the lunch lady downstairs had someone pay her in plastic pennies.. only a few mind you but, he walked away and I asked to see them and told her they were plastic. She looked at them and was surprised..

So.. remember, the keys to your future riches lie in plastic coins and billion dollar bills.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...

Last edited by Mustang : 03-15-2006 at 12:12 AM.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:16 AM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Wow
Old 03-15-2006, 12:18 AM   #4
st.cronin
General Manager

In terms of risk/reward, counterfeit pennies seem much stupider than counterfeit billion-dollar bills.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:23 AM   #5
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
In terms of risk/reward, counterfeit pennies seem much stupider than counterfeit billion-dollar bills.

Both take a special kinda stupid though.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:12 AM   #6
Raiders Army
Coordinator

What's worse than counterfeit bills are Canadian money.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:14 AM   #7
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I thought the lady trying to break the million dollar bill at wal-mart was bad. What a maroon.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:18 AM   #8
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
What's worse than counterfeit bills are Canadian money.

I find canadian coins in my drawer at work fairly often...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:45 AM   #9
Lorena
Unregistered

The title made me giggle, nice one Mustang
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote