Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-07-2010, 10:35 AM   #51
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Well, there we go then. EF just clarified in the main thread that NPCs aren't generally as good as are actual player fighters. So you're spot on there chesapeake. Although it doesn't sound like they're 90 points worse--just not as much points as players have.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:24 PM   #52
chesapeake
College Starter

Agreed, CF. Schmidty, are you at any disadvantage today after fighting last night?
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:02 PM   #53
chesapeake
College Starter

Am I on the hook for sending something in today? If so, I'll have to do so by 6 PM. I have an event at my elder daughter's school tonight, so I won't be available again until after 9 PM at the earliest.

Input and chatter would be appreciated.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #54
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Well, I offered up some input on the rock/paper/scissors thing. I would re-iterate that I don't seem to be a good choice for the other competitions.

I am fine going with your choices on those if you like. You seemed to have a good handle on what would be required for those competitions (and I agree with your take on those).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:11 PM   #55
chesapeake
College Starter

Thanks. I hate throwing Danny in w/o any input from him, but he has 20 lbs on the rest of us and I expect that makes him stronger.

I was hoping to hear from Schmidty. He is the lightest of us -- I am taking that to mean that he may have made a more agile build. If he isn't hurting from last night, he'd be the right Mr. Agility. And he can give 100% since he doesn't have to fight again.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:12 PM   #56
chesapeake
College Starter

Currently, my thinking is Danny as either sumo or Mr. Strength and me doing the other role.

I am not going to be here to pick the fighter for tonight. I guess Danny will be back by then?
Old 10-07-2010, 04:30 PM   #57
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I think if rock is the conventional wisdom, then the other team will know that, too. We should go second level and start with scissors. I would go scissors, paper, rock.

But do they know that we know that? You know? I am fine with this order. It is pretty meaningless.

Unless someone races in to object, I am going to propose:

Me as sumo

Danny as Mr. Strength. Schmidty as Mr. Agility. I hope schmidty goes 100% since he doesn't have to fight.

CR, put together a plan to fight either their Mr. A or Mr. S.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:56 PM   #58
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

You could fight me too. Me me me.

Sorry I've been totally AWOL. Work is literally kicking my ass this week. 40 page questionnaire after 40 page questionnaire...and everyone wants them done yesterday.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:58 PM   #59
chesapeake
College Starter

I'm going to submit what I wrote above. I don't even know if I still have standing to do so, and I assume Danny can overrule it. You guys will have to figure out who is fighting after we trounce their team again.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:03 PM   #60
chesapeake
College Starter

Dola

I sent in orders for the team. Danny checked in yesterday at about this time, iirc. Hopefully he'll make any changes that folks deem necessary. I'm out until after 9pm. Good luck all.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:12 PM   #61
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

That works for me, chesapeake. I should be around to see the challenge posted up, too, so I may be able to take care of the fighting end of it.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:13 PM   #62
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hey EF,

Did chesapeake include a rock/paper/scissor? Just want to make sure; he mentions it a little here in his last string of posts, but he doesn't specifically state which way he's going in the last post where he names names for the competitions.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #64
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hey, EF, just in case they don't submit points, will you accept stamina point suggestions here from other team members?

If so, I would set chesapeake and Danny at committing 70 points each, while Schmidty will commit 100.

If, however, you have received point totals from them, just ignore these. Thanks!

Old 10-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #65
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Need to hear from the participants themselves, if not I have a default number to use for them.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:56 PM   #66
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Need to hear from the participants themselves, if not I have a default number to use for them.

Shoot... well, I hope they're around.

I briefly thought about switching things up, but the real need is for Schmidty to be around to put in 100. I assume chesapeake put in his amount.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:08 PM   #67
Danny
Head Coach

I'm here now, sorry for not posting that I would be out all day until this time again. It's pretty standard for me now though.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:10 PM   #68
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I'm here now, sorry for not posting that I would be out all day until this time again. It's pretty standard for me now though.

Send in a stamina total if you haven't Danny. You're competing in the third challenge.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:25 PM   #69
Danny
Head Coach

I sent it in after seeing your message Chief. Guess here is the place to be now.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #70
Danny
Head Coach

Schmidty hasn't been in all day though, so looks like my stamina used may be all of it.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #71
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

You all sit and wait as Waylon Rodriguez climbs onto Mike Jackson as the horn sounds to start the competition. It will not sound again until both teams are done (when I post in the main thread).

You watch intently as Rodriguez begins to climb around Jackson. But before he even gets around one time Jackson says something to him and he jumps to the ground.

They seem quite happy with their effort. Now you wait for the horn...
Old 10-07-2010, 06:40 PM   #72
Danny
Head Coach

Any ideas for tonight's matchup? I used quite a bit of stamina on the challenge, so I am guessing it should be someone who did not use any so far.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #73
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, clearly they exhibited no effort in this competition to keep all their guys fresh. They didn't care that we were picking, just that we got tired.

At this point, we still have fighters (myself and DT) who are fresh and haven't fought, so it seems like we should go with that.

The question is, are they trying to steer us to the guys who didn't participate? Or should we pick on one of the guys in the competition anyway, even though they didn't use hardly any energy?

Old 10-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #74
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Any ideas for tonight's matchup? I used quite a bit of stamina on the challenge, so I am guessing it should be someone who did not use any so far.

Yeah, we anticipated (if we won) to use a fighter who did not participate in tonight's challenge.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:42 PM   #75
Danny
Head Coach

As a reward, I am going to get details on another one of their fighters.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:43 PM   #76
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As a reward, I am going to get details on another one of their fighters.

Awesome. Hopefully soon.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #77
Danny
Head Coach

ame: Gregor "Avalanche" Strauss
Nickname: Autumn
Weight: 265
Height: 7'1"

Fighting Style - Will not change after start of game

Style: Mixed
Dirty Fighting: Clean
Tactical Style: Mostly power

Skills - All skills start at 8 and cannot be changed by the fighters after the game starts (though may be affected by in game events); Each player has 90 additional points which can be given out to these starting values; Weight affects strength and agility (if weight is 206-210 no change to default; 211-235 starting strength 9 and agility 7; 236-250 starting strength 10 and agility 6; 251-265 starting strength 11 and agility 5); Skills max is 20

Punches
Kicks
Clinch +10
Strength +9
Agility +5
Dodging
Heart +2
Takedowns +10
Takedown defense +4
Ground and Pound
Ground Game +10
Submissions +10
Submission Defense
Conditioning +5
Toughness +10
Control +5
Aggressiveness
KO Resistance +10
Old 10-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #78
Danny
Head Coach

I'm having a hard time coming up with how to use the fighter information to our advantage.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:57 PM   #79
Danny
Head Coach

Fighters are in.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:00 PM   #80
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Well, dubb (Mike Jackson) is a guy who wants to stay standing and is a pretty good striker. He's good at staying on his feet. Get him on the ground, though, and it seems likely he'll be done.

Autumn (Strauss) went close to mix on the big guy stuff. He wants to get you down on the ground and submit you. He committed all in to being on offense, so if he gets taken down and put in a submission, he could be in trouble.

I happen to be pretty good at submissions, but I am not sure if I will survive if he gets me down.

Of their three fighters in the competition, Strauss seemed to at least put in a little bit of effort, so perhaps he used some of his stamina. Even if he didn't put in stamina points, I have to think he uses some stamina just being in the competition. So I would go with Strauss, and I would suggest I would take him.

My plan would be to stay on my feet for a bit and work him out, and then once he's more worn down, getting him on the ground and submit him. He didn't commit anything to punching or kicking and I am going to be faster than him. I have a chance to keep out of getting taken down, I think, at least for a little bit and get him tired. Then once he's tired enough, I'll start trying to take him down and once down, try to submit him.

What do you think?

Old 10-07-2010, 07:00 PM   #81
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Fighters are in.

Oh, didn't realize you were submitting htem. Who did you put in?

Old 10-07-2010, 07:03 PM   #82
Danny
Head Coach

I may be a good matchup for Dubb then, but for tonight I pitted DT against Raiders Army. I figure he has to be weak after last night right?
Old 10-07-2010, 07:06 PM   #83
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I may be a good matchup for Dubb then, but for tonight I pitted DT against Raiders Army. I figure he has to be weak after last night right?

Actually, EF indicated earlier that everyone from last night is "miraculously fresh". So I would guess it will be a full strength RA.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #84
Danny
Head Coach

Oh well that changes things.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:09 PM   #85
Danny
Head Coach

I'd go against Dubb if I had full stamina, but we really need to match you or DT up. Who do you think you may be most effective against?
Old 10-07-2010, 07:13 PM   #86
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

RA has already won his fight, he won't be fighting again until the final tournament. Needs to be from the fighters that have not fought yet.

Last edited by EagleFan : 10-07-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:23 PM   #87
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'd go against Dubb if I had full stamina, but we really need to match you or DT up. Who do you think you may be most effective against?

I don't know. I am a bit of a catch all fighter. I am pretty good with submissions, but not great. I gave myself at least two points in every category, so there's nothing I am at the minimum at, but nothing at the max either.

Looking at Autumn and dubb, it's clear they sold out some areas to be maxed (or close to it) in others. That makes them susceptible to fighters strong in areas where they are weak, but also dangerous if they get in a situation that works well for them.

If I had to choose from the guys we know, I would pit me against Strauss (Autumn), with the strategy I put out a few posts up. It's risky if he catches me before I tire him out, but if I get him on the ground and submit him, he's not likely to last long.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:33 PM   #88
Schmidty
Coordinator

Sorry guys. I totally keep forgetting to check in to the game. No excuses. I'm just really excited about my spending spree tomorrow.

Anyway, sorry. BTW, I can post my ability point stuff you need me too.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:35 PM   #89
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I'm a submission master and good at defense too
Old 10-07-2010, 07:37 PM   #90
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I'm a submission master and good at defense too

Check out Strauss then. Can you take him?

That's funny that we both made ourselves as submission guys, although, like I said, I am more of a good submit, some skills everywhere guy, rather than a total submission commit guy.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:43 PM   #91
Danny
Head Coach

Ok, so as of now going DT with the strategy above vs. Strauss?
Old 10-07-2010, 07:44 PM   #92
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, forgot to post that you get to select the same as yesterday, one CPU bout and one player vs. player bout.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:45 PM   #93
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Guessing I can take Strauss.

Do I have to do anything else to fight him?? Submit anything else to EF?
Old 10-07-2010, 07:47 PM   #94
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Gotit.

I like my default strategy, so that's all good.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:48 PM   #95
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Gotit.

I like my default strategy, so that's all good.

Cool deal.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:50 PM   #96
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

EF, if Danny has not submitted a valid matchup (assuming he still is including RA), are we allowed to submit a matchup?

If so, please submit DaddyTorgo versus Autumn for the player-player matchup.

I am assuming Danny's NPC matchup is good? If not, please let us know and I'll pick out a matchup there.

Thanks!

Old 10-07-2010, 07:51 PM   #98
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Guessing I can take Strauss.

Do I have to do anything else to fight him?? Submit anything else to EF?

Yeah, once you're announced (keep in mind, not sure if we can change the card, although it looks like Danny submitted an invalid card), you can submit a strategy for the fight to EF.

If you're good with your default, then there you go.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:52 PM   #99
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No valid matchup received yet.

Is that including the NPC?

And can we submit a matchup in Danny's place?

Old 10-07-2010, 07:52 PM   #100
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No valid matchup received yet.

From Danny that is. If you are all good with your suggested matchup that can be the player matchup.